FM 22 XBox - can't load tactics from file

There is a major bug where it is not possible to import tactics from file. When I choose Load in Tactics screen, it's empty and there is no directory tree to browse in order to look for *.fmf file. Used to work fine in FM 21 Touch from Steam if .fmf file was placed in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021 Touch\tactics. I have similarly added it to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition\tactics, but it does not work. I'm trying to play on PC, of course. Please help.

fm22xbox_load_tactic.png

On 09/11/2021 at 11:36, berettakk said:

There is a major bug where it is not possible to import tactics from file. When I choose Load in Tactics screen, it's empty and there is no directory tree to browse in order to look for *.fmf file. Used to work fine in FM 21 Touch from Steam if .fmf file was placed in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021 Touch\tactics. I have similarly added it to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition\tactics, but it does not work. I'm trying to play on PC, of course. Please help.

fm22xbox_load_tactic.png

I'm afraid this doesn't appear to be a bug, loading in external tactics (ie not ones you made yourself) does not seem to be a feature this year.

somewhat covered here 

e

• Administrators

This isn't currently supported I'm afraid as files are stored in the cloud. We will review the feedback though to see if there's anything that can be done in future, but that's not promising anything at this stage.

On 11/11/2021 at 17:19, Lucas said:

This isn't currently supported I'm afraid as files are stored in the cloud. We will review the feedback though to see if there's anything that can be done in future, but that's not promising anything at this stage.

You gotta be kidding me... So there is whole menu to load a tactic and it's useless, and you aren't even going to fix this obvious oversight. As a light gamer(that's why I bought xbox edition over PC version and only ever played on touch versions preiviously), finding out this missing feature just rendered the game unplayable for me. Spending 40$+ bucks in this game+store contents was a horrible idea, it seems.

I know it's not your fault but SI's oversight here is pretty ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2021 at 10:24, FrazT said:

@teggit Please stop posting links to your tactics in unrelated threads.

It was 100% related though, So heavy handed mod work from you I would suggest.

You cannot download tactics, so I provided help by linking my video showing a very good tactic that wins alot of matches.

Poor effort on your part as now they do not have some information that might be helpful.

• 2 months later...
On 11/11/2021 at 08:19, Lucas said:

Any news on this - total disaster that this doesn't work anymore.... Man, I miss Touch for PC....

• 6 months later...
On 11/11/2021 at 08:19, Lucas said:

@Lucas Is there any chance that importing tactics files will be possible for Console for PC/Gamepass in a way that it wasn't in FM22 Xbox?