Mods on Game Pass PC edition?

How do I activate mods for Game Pass PC edition? I copied graphics, skins and so on to folder C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\Football Manager 2022 but nothing gets loaded.

I also activated Modding in Xbox App.

Edited by Darth Sonic

3 minutes ago, EdL said:

Facepacks etc go in the same folder in My Documents as they do on Steam

Yeah, that's what I did (tried). I went into my documents, sports interactive, Football manager 22, made a graphics folder and then just copied the folders from last year. But I've reloaded cache and they don't seem to be working. To be honest I'm almost certainly missing something, but alas I'm not sure what. 

1 hour ago, faust405245 said:

Yeah, that's what I did (tried). I went into my documents, sports interactive, Football manager 22, made a graphics folder and then just copied the folders from last year. But I've reloaded cache and they don't seem to be working. To be honest I'm almost certainly missing something, but alas I'm not sure what. 

Check to see if you have a gamepass folder inside the Football Manager 2022 folder, if you do then you need to place the graphics folder you created with your graphics inside the gamepass subfolder.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, faust405245 said:

You need to untick skin caching and reload the skin then it will work for Facepacks. 

It doesn't work. I've done everything listed above and it just doesn't work. There is no gamepass folder anywhere in the Sports Interactive folder. If I create one and add the graphics folder to there it does nothing either. I've tried putting it in the folder the Xbox app suggests is the mods folder too, both in a folder called gamepass and not. It just doesn't work.

This is what my folder looks like where the facepack is and all works:

C:\Users\**youraccountname***\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\graphics

You dont need any files to edit in WindowsApps folder for skins, player updates or facepacks.
Then under Preference - Advance - Interface - scroll midle where it says "Reload skins when confirming changes in Preferences" 
Hit Confirm and it should load the faces.

Edited by saihtam

1 hour ago, saihtam said:

C:\Users\**youraccountname***\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\graphics

You dont need any files to edit in WindowsApps folder for skins, player updates or facepacks.
Then under Preference - Advance - Interface - scroll midle where it says "Reload skins when confirming changes in Preferences" 

Confirm that for logos/skin etc it al goes in your C:\Users\**youraccountname***\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\graphics just like how it would for Steam version. I done mine all last nigh t as soon as game came out but only thing i can't find is pre game editor.

3 saat önce, saihtam said:

How i can change this folder?

2 hours ago, coreytst said:

Confirm that for logos/skin etc it al goes in your C:\Users\**youraccountname***\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\graphics just like how it would for Steam version. I done mine all last nigh t as soon as game came out but only thing i can't find is pre game editor.

For Gamepass? The issue is for Gamepass specifically. Above it says to put the graphics folder into the gamepass folder, but there is no Gamepass folder. 

Somebody also said that you have to create a Gamepass folder and then create a Graphics folder inside this. But this also doesn’t seem to work.

Is the Gamepass folder hidden maybe?

10 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Check to see if you have a gamepass folder inside the Football Manager 2022 folder, if you do then you need to place the graphics folder you created with your graphics inside the gamepass subfolder.

It seems most don't have this Gamepass folder to put the Graphics folder in. Would it be in any other location than the standard C:\Users\**youraccountname***\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022 ?

Creating the folder manually doesn't seem to work either.

There is no such thing as gamepass folder. Dont understand the info also on some sites. I got editor files and facepacks working just fine like doing it on steam version.

This is how document folder looks like. No need to poke anything else if you only want faces, skins, editor data.

image.png

Just now, saihtam said:

There is no such thing as gamepass folder. Dont understand the info also on some sites. I got editor files and facepacks working just fine like doing it on steam version.

This is how document folder looks like. No need to poke anything else if you only want faces, skins, editor data.

image.png

Yeah its fine for Steam, my facepack works fine on steam doing it the way we have for years. Its just not working through Gamepass

1 minute ago, BrightLad5 said:

Yeah its fine for Steam, my facepack works fine on steam doing it the way we have for years. Its just not working through Gamepass

Try fiddling around with settings in fm, maybe it is not loading in. 

Also can try to enable modding for FM. Not sure if it helps or not. (I have it on, so it shows "open Mods folder")

image.png.3ed7908e3bdda0d9a467b71fe7a2df76.png

• SI Staff
25 minutes ago, saihtam said:

image.png

Yeah this is all you need to do, there is no need to enable modding.

And how can i change the hard drive of this folder (\Sports Interactive\ Football Manager 2022)?
I wannt to put all my graphics on D: hard drive. In Steam and Epic is preaty easy to do that. But i dont know how it works in Xbox App. Can anybody help me?

Edited by DenisT

15 minutes ago, DenisT said:

And how can i change the hard drive of this folder (\Sports Interactive\ Football Manager 2022)?
I wannt to put all my graphics on D: hard drive. In Steam and Epic is preaty easy to do that. But i dont know how it works in Xbox App. Can anybody help me?

Are you talking about game files or the documents that i have screenshot a bit up in the thread?

I mean the Sport Interactiv folder where all the graphics are stored. This is automatically created under Documents folder.
I would like to move this folder (the whole folder C:\Users\*YOURNAME*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022) to the D: Save drive.
For Steam there is the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=27&v=DOJ50pxX5x0&feature=emb_title

For Xbox App I have not found anything so far.

Edited by DenisT

Okay, so I've just downloaded a patch (an update, that is; it was there on my game pass when I went to start the game. Also, it no longer says mine is a beta version; maybe that was something to do with it), and mine is working now. I didn't change anything, just reloaded cache. Hopefully it should start working for other people too. 

Edited by faust405245

47 minutes ago, DenisT said:

I mean the Sport Interactiv folder where all the graphics are stored. This is automatically created under Documents folder.
I would like to move this folder (the whole folder C:\Users\*YOURNAME*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022) to the D: Save drive.
For Steam there is the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=27&v=DOJ50pxX5x0&feature=emb_title

For Xbox App I have not found anything so far.

Interesting, never done it. But i understand you are basically doing launch parameter change from steam. This can be done in exe files also, but for now i cant seem to find option for Target field in gamepass games.

Maybe someon from SI can help out or I can later  check more but it seems right now for the gamepass version you can not change the direction like this. So you should put the graphics files to documents like they are originaly ment

Edited by saihtam

I've still got an issue with this. It just isn't working. I've got the game installed on the D: drive, but the Sports Interactive folder is on the C: drive. Does this make a difference? I can't really install it on C: as the laptop is setup with a small SSD with windows on it as C and a big SSD as D: drive.

I've put the graphics folder into C:\Users\*My Username*\OneDrive\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\graphics

Is the fact my documents folder is on One Drive an issue?

If not, do the sub-folders within graphics have to be laid out in any particular way? For example I have:

C:\Users\*My Username*\OneDrive\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\graphics\logos\club\normal

Then the logo images are in the 'normal' folder.

I have kits, logos and facepack (All the main ones DF11 Megapack etc) but none of them work in the game. I've done the settings in preferences, clearing the cache, unticking use caching and ticking reload skin when changing preferences etc.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Rysi3k said:

Can I somehow download the Gibraltar League so I can play it on the Gamepass?

Because if it´s available only on Steam Workshop, there is no chance for me to install it.

For editor files on Gamepass (Football Manager 2022 only), this is possible. 

Same as for the graphics, they need to be in your Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2022/editor data folder

You will of course need to obtain the editor files in order for this to work and install them there.

2 hours ago, prestonmike said:

ive always bought the game through steam in the past but recently got game pass so ive downloaded through that this year, does anyone know if you can access the pre game editor for game pass or do you have to have the steam version for that?

I’ve been trying to find this out but found no answers as of yet for pre game editor and in game editor

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, shwanko said:

Can someone tell me how to access pre-game editor? Miles tweeted is gonna be ready next week may be for Game pass Pc version .. not sure how it will work though ? where to find it?

It will be in the Microsoft store when available.

• 2 months later...
On 09/11/2021 at 14:10, Lucas said:

For editor files on Gamepass (Football Manager 2022 only), this is possible. 

Same as for the graphics, they need to be in your Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2022/editor data folder

You will of course need to obtain the editor files in order for this to work and install them there.

Wait, so you can't add editor files to FM22 Xbox Edition for PC?

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, joshbrady said:

Wait, so you can't add editor files to FM22 Xbox Edition for PC?

No, it's not possible on the Xbox Edition.