*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Adventures in player interaction part 1957

I've recently promoted a 19 year old from my 2nd team to first team and he's played two games. I'm told he doesn't seem himself and it might be because he's after a new deal so I reach out.

The first weird part is the player is immediately 'indignant' when I ask whats wrong. He wants a new deal. I say lets talk at the end of the season. He is now 'angry' and says he needs a new deal NOW or he's leaving. So I agree to open negotiations.

His agent wants him boosted from breakthrough prospect to regular starter. I suggest squad player and talks immediately break down. Next conversation I use the 'I promised we'd talk about a new contract, not that I'd offer whatever you wanted response. He's now furious and says 'I don't think the lads will be happy about this!'

It all just feels like such a bizarre escalation- conversations go from 0 to 100mph and you go from a player being happy to trying to destabilise your entire squad in the space of a few clicks.

I feel your pain. I had a similar conversation with a youngster 17 and he wanted to be a regular. There was no chance of him getting that. This side of the game has always been poor but nothing ever changes. I’d be surprised if fm23 is any different. 

Flying along in the Bundesliga, with 15 wins and 1 draw in my first 16 matches, my team dropped a tough match 0-1 at home before the Christmas break. I was content because occasionally you can't score, and you'll drop points, and that feels realistic. Actually, the game was feeling unrealistic with how much we were dominating that first half of the season, so I liked this hiccup. Well, the hiccup turned into full on disaster, as my team came back from the break scoring one goal total in our next four matches. All this time, my players were "motivated" and "fired up," but the game had decided we would hit the woodwork, miss penalties, and drift through entire halves of matches with no shots on target. Our opponents were playing keep-ball, completing a ridiculously high percentage of passes and somehow remaining composed against our relentless pressing.

My suggestions for the game:

1. Passing -- Reduce accuracy. It's too easy to complete passes, especially for poorer sides.
  2. Pressing -- Increase its effectiveness (in forcing opposition turnovers) and the amount of drain on player fitness from overusing it with lower fitness squads.
  3. Player Form -- Reduce its impact so that the "Last 5 matches" rating statistic isn't the biggest predictor of player performance.
  4. Training -- Give managers the option to schedule training sessions on a percentage of training time basis rather than by scheduling each individual session. I want to pick "Attacking corners = 5% of time", "Quickness = 7% of time", and so forth. It would free us up from having to micromanage all of the schedule changes while still giving us the chance to customize our training emphasis.
  5. Scouting -- If I don't tell my scouts exactly which players to scout then they do virtually nothing. Also, when they do actually decide to scout, scouts shouldn't be able to get great info on players who aren't actually playing matches -- and they really shouldn't have much of a clue on player potential. The assessment of player potential is way too accurate in FM. Identifying wonderkids needs to be much more of a crapshoot.
  6. Staff -- I understand having lots of coaches and scouts, but I really don't need to be hiring 5 physios, 4 recruitment analysts, a half-dozen sports scientists, etc. That seems like complication for the sake of complication rather than anything fun or impactful. A head physio and head sports scientist is enough to convey realism.
  7. AI Transfers -- More offers would be great. In my most recent season, I received two ridiculously low offers for my players and nothing else. If I'm not offering anyone out, I very rarely hear from the AI teams.
  8. AI Squad Building -- AI teams need to rotate their squads more and play some of their future stars. If I don't rescue these 20-23 year olds from their clubs, they just sit there unused and undeveloped.
  9. Press Conferences -- Never again ask me about a Director of Football approach.
  10. Goal Variety -- I'd like to see more scruffy goals and fewer world class finishes.
  11. One on Ones -- I'd like fewer of these. They look ridiculous with how few of them end up in the back of the net, so marking has to improve to prevent them before they occur.

5 hours ago, Overmars said:

Flying along in the Bundesliga, with 15 wins and 1 draw in my first 16 matches, my team dropped a tough match 0-1 at home before the Christmas break. I was content because occasionally you can't score, and you'll drop points, and that feels realistic. Actually, the game was feeling unrealistic with how much we were dominating that first half of the season, so I liked this hiccup. Well, the hiccup turned into full on disaster, as my team came back from the break scoring one goal total in our next four matches. All this time, my players were "motivated" and "fired up," but the game had decided we would hit the woodwork, miss penalties, and drift through entire halves of matches with no shots on target. Our opponents were playing keep-ball, completing a ridiculously high percentage of passes and somehow remaining composed against our relentless pressing.

1. Passing -- Reduce accuracy. It's too easy to complete passes, especially for poorer sides.
  2. Pressing -- Increase its effectiveness (in forcing opposition turnovers) and the amount of drain on player fitness from overusing it with lower fitness squads.
  3. Player Form -- Reduce its impact so that the "Last 5 matches" rating statistic isn't the biggest predictor of player performance.
  4. Training -- Give managers the option to schedule training sessions on a percentage of training time basis rather than by scheduling each individual session. I want to pick "Attacking corners = 5% of time", "Quickness = 7% of time", and so forth. It would free us up from having to micromanage all of the schedule changes while still giving us the chance to customize our training emphasis.
  5. Scouting -- If I don't tell my scouts exactly which players to scout then they do virtually nothing. Also, when they do actually decide to scout, scouts shouldn't be able to get great info on players who aren't actually playing matches -- and they really shouldn't have much of a clue on player potential. The assessment of player potential is way too accurate in FM. Identifying wonderkids needs to be much more of a crapshoot.
  6. Staff -- I understand having lots of coaches and scouts, but I really don't need to be hiring 5 physios, 4 recruitment analysts, a half-dozen sports scientists, etc. That seems like complication for the sake of complication rather than anything fun or impactful. A head physio and head sports scientist is enough to convey realism.
  7. AI Transfers -- More offers would be great. In my most recent season, I received two ridiculously low offers for my players and nothing else. If I'm not offering anyone out, I very rarely hear from the AI teams.
  8. AI Squad Building -- AI teams need to rotate their squads more and play some of their future stars. If I don't rescue these 20-23 year olds from their clubs, they just sit there unused and undeveloped.
  9. Press Conferences -- Never again ask me about a Director of Football approach.
  10. Goal Variety -- I'd like to see more scruffy goals and fewer world class finishes.
  11. One on Ones -- I'd like fewer of these. They look ridiculous with how few of them end up in the back of the net, so marking has to improve to prevent them before they occur.

Great suggestions. Training % brilliant idea.

goal variety would be welcome change. Bit bored now of mf runners getting out through from the wing. 

better plug and play defensive tactics please! 

5 hours ago, Overmars said:

Very little to argue with here.

Re 11- I'd add this seems to be partly caused by the fact central defenders get caught under long balls far too often.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/07/2022 at 09:01, KingCanary said:

The issue of AI not developing younger players is going to be a massive thing to fix for FM23.

In my current save I'm in 2026 and just got the '50 best players' list through- not a single regen or player who wasn't already involved in the first team at a 'big' team when the save started in 2021. 

Bumping this as I've now got to the 2027 list and the problem just gets worse and worse. 

Moukoko is the youngest player in the list at 22 and he is number 50. Still zero regens. There are 7 players on the list under the age of 26 but 10 players over the age of 33. 

18 hours ago, CFuller said:

So while it's possible that players aren't developing quickly enough on FM22, I'm also led to believe that their reputations are not improving fast enough relative to their abilities. I think it's a combination of these two factors which is stopping clubs from putting faith in their young talents.

I loved your entire post, but I think the fix is to change squad selection criteria to rely on more than just primarily reputation. AI managers are still terrible at squad rotation (overplaying tired players) and have an unwillingness to develop young players. In every save, I seem to be rescuing countless 20-22 year old future stars who have been ignored by their AI managers -- sometimes even after they were purchased for large transfer fees.

I was very excited to sign a cheap regen striker from Ivory Coast. I was playing him a fair bit as a teenager in the Dutch Eredivisie, but Brentford came in and bid 30 million pounds to take him from me. I followed him for a few seasons after that because I wanted to see him do well after his big move. By age 22, he had yet to play a game for Brentford, despite having attributes almost as good as the 30 year olds they were playing instead. I tried to buy him back from Brentford, but they refused to sell him for any less than what they had purchased him for. The game correctly factored in potential into the transfer market, but it failed to factor in potential when selecting players to play.

23 часа назад, CFuller сказал:

Yes, I believe there is a serious issue with this on FM22. I think it's more of a reputation thing than a development thing, but something's clearly not right.

We all know that player development and decline were too fast on FM21. The best newgens could easily reach their peak at 21-22, but their attributes would start to fall off a cliff at around 32-33.

Now they improve much more steadily and realistically (peaking at around 25-29), but they also decline more slowly - perhaps too slowly. A world-class player with very high Natural Fitness could still be world-class when they're almost 40. Yes, I'm basically describing Zlatan, but there seems to be a lot more Zlatans on FM22. N'Golo Kanté doesn't look much different at 39 than he does at 31.

1EEA4F91-E30E-43FD-8C2B-6F6179BC79C8.png.33a5fc93e6643cf7ab304ba96597ab9c.png

It really feels like SI have massively overcorrected here.

A few months ago, I ran an experiment where I holidayed until 2030, and then compared the database to how it was at the start. I submitted a bug report and also wrote a blog post where I explained everything in more detail, but here's a rundown of my key findings:

At the start of the game, the average age of a first-team player at a top European club is 26.3. In 2030, that has increased to 28.8, with many clubs having a majority of players over the age of 30.

I also compared the average ages of 16 national teams who played at the 2018 World Cup in real-life and the 2030 World Cup in-game. The average age increased from 27.5 in 2018 to 29.9 in 2030. On average, only three players in each 23-man squad was aged 24 or under. Senegal's youngest player was 28, while Belgium's three goalkeepers had a combined age of 112!

Then I looked at the reputation star ratings for every player aged 24 or under. At the start of FM22, there were 591 players in this age bracket with 2.5* reputation, which I find is a good benchmark for a Premier League player. In 2030, there were only 128. That's a decrease of 78%!

There were 29 young players with 3.5* reputation at the start. In 2030, that number was just 13.

I also found a noticeable decrease in the Current Ability of the best young players - but it's not that big a decrease. There were about half as many 140+ CA youngsters in 2030 as there were in 2021, but it's nothing compared to the huge reduction in youngsters with high reputation.

So while it's possible that players aren't developing quickly enough on FM22, I'm also led to believe that their reputations are not improving fast enough relative to their abilities. I think it's a combination of these two factors which is stopping clubs from putting faith in their young talents.

The reputation issue is certainly shutting very good newgens out of their national teams, who generally prefer to pick average-looking 30-somethings who just so happen to have higher rep. It would be like if Gareth Southgate decided that Jude Bellingham couldn't play for England until he was 25, because he would rather select a 35-year-old Jonjo Shelvey instead.

On Football Manager 2022, if want to be a top-flight footballer and play for a top national team by the time you're 23, you basically have to be a 'freak' - like a Kylian Mbappé or a Gigio Donnarumma. Even a perfectly decent young player like Mason Mount would not cut it.

That is truly immersion-breaking, and that is why I'd be put off starting a long-term save on FM22. Even on my current save with Arsenal, I've no intention of playing on for more than 6 or 7 seasons, by which point FM23 will probably be released. I just hope its take on player development is much more realistic than this.

Good investigation with the numbers. I like that players in 34 years are not useless, but balance for FM23 between FM21 fast stages and FM22 slow stages. Newgens much better balanced in last ('purple') editions, so I'm feeling positive

5 часов назад, Overmars сказал:

I was very excited to sign a cheap regen striker from Ivory Coast. I was playing him a fair bit as a teenager in the Dutch Eredivisie, but Brentford came in and bid 30 million pounds to take him from me. I followed him for a few seasons after that because I wanted to see him do well after his big move. By age 22, he had yet to play a game for Brentford, despite having attributes almost as good as the 30 year olds they were playing instead. I tried to buy him back from Brentford, but they refused to sell him for any less than what they had purchased him for. The game correctly factored in potential into the transfer market, but it failed to factor in potential when selecting players to play.

I see the same things, and sometimes it frustrated. But simulation of football including bad decisions imo. And many factors could be in your case. I had the player which has strong attributes, but he just didn't score for me, despite other strikers did. I sold him and he started to scores in new club again. Just didn't feel fine in my tactic or something. 

In different situation new board bought for me two players as election promise. Nice players... which I had no idea how to use. My point - bad transfer decisions is part of this world. AI squad choice is not perfect, but context is a key too

Just now, Novem9 said:

Good investigation with the numbers. I like that players in 34 years are not useless, but balance for FM23 between FM21 fast stages and FM22 slow stages. Newgens much better balanced in last ('purple') editions, so I'm feeling positive

Yes, it's good that older players can play at a higher level for longer now. I just think that too many of them are staying at a very high level for too long, which might be stopping younger players from breaking in.

It's a matter of SI getting the balance right, which I appreciate is tough. We can't go back to the days of having loads and loads of 20/21-year-old beast players who've already reached their potential.

So after over 1500 hours of FM22 I have some feedback. I don't think I have to list everything that is positive; it's Football Manager, a brilliant, addictive, classic football management game. I love it most of the time. One thing I do not like, however:

The UI.

I don't know what happened to FM22, but there are some really infuriating things going on. Seemingly small things, but you encouter them so often they get under your skin. The tick button to the left on every player list is broken, multiselecting players is a nightmare. Everytime I go to my shorlist the player at the top is always selected for some reason, sometimes you tick several players and suddenly the game unticks them for you. I've lost count of how many times I have made players angry because I've sent them to the U21-team by mistake, or removed a player from my shortlist because of this. A nightmare.

Not to mention the jumping confirmation button on the scout reports. It was reported as a bug years ago, was fixed, and now it's back again. Or the expanding [INF]-icons that stays expanded until you click somewhere. It's tiresome when it happens everytime you look at a screen where they are present. And then there are the fixture list that refuses to show you the current fixture. It has been like that for years now.

Also, there should be a way to completley turn off all these things that expands, pop up, and drop down when you hover the mouse over them. They are so annoying. The Transfer Value in your shortlist is a great example. It pops up when you hover over it by mistake, and you have to click somewhere to get rid of it. If I want to see something, I can click on it.

I also think the injury module needs some reworking. I can play an entire season with gegenpress and I have hardy have any injuries at all, but when I do get an injury, it's crazy stuff like broken legs and out for 6 months.

Also, the Austria leauges looks lite they need some love. I'll post in the dedicated thread when/if I get the time, but: the AI do not recruit staff to the b-team as per instructed, and when I take control of the recruiting, the staff I recruit - if foreign - gets stuck waiting for a work permit forever. And I bought a norweigan player for £2.6m, loaned him back to his norweigan team for the rest for the season as he wanted, and immediately when he got back to my club I started to recieve transfer bids of £1.6m, and those weird "loans" where they sneak in future transfer fees. I, ofcourse, declined, and the player got unhappy?

But,. again, I love this game. Most of the time. I am back to the good old "just one more click on continue before bedtime"-days.

Is this a bug or something i do wrong, but when i enter data hub-next opponent-analyst report it says LAST 5 MATCHES, but what i get is a report from only one,last game my opponent played.

I play with Betis, have 4 performance analysts.

If someone can help, i would appreciate. Thanks

54 minutes ago, Cro-cop said:

Is this a bug or something i do wrong, but when i enter data hub-next opponent-analyst report it says LAST 5 MATCHES, but what i get is a report from only one,last game my opponent played.

I play with Betis, have 4 performance analysts.

If someone can help, i would appreciate. Thanks

As it says on the top it's based on the last 5 matches:

image.thumb.png.ef9a4c36fa4b4623d42c6b97bc09081c.png

1 hour ago, XaW said:

As it says on the top it's based on the last 5 matches:

image.thumb.png.ef9a4c36fa4b4623d42c6b97bc09081c.png

But thats for your own team.  I am talking about next opponent.  It says last 5 matches but i get report only for the last game my opponent play. Or am i missing something?

Screenshot (1).png

Edited by Cro-cop

46 minutes ago, Cro-cop said:

But thats for your own team.  I am talking about next opponent.  It says last 5 matches but i get report only for the last game my opponent play. Or am i missing something?

Screenshot (1).png

Hmm... good point, I also only see one. Please report this in the bug tracker and let SI take a look. Might just be some wrong text that stuck or something, but best to let them look at it.

Replacing my captain mid-season is an incredibly stupid suggestion, so why is it that *every* staff meeting my assistant brings it up?

Why can't I select an option to never bring this up to me at a staff meeting again? 

5 hours ago, XaW said:

Hmm... good point, I also only see one. Please report this in the bug tracker and let SI take a look. Might just be some wrong text that stuck or something, but best to let them look at it.

I will. Thanks for your help

10 hours ago, kepz said:

Why can't I select an option to never bring this up to me at a staff meeting again? 

Staff -> Responsibilities -> Advice and Reports -> click on coaching -> untick Suitable captain/vice-captain.

After playing a lot with this game

For me - FM 22 was a major disappointment because of the ME

The lack of dribbling is insane

Just pass pass pass pass pass, in FM 21 the dribbling were perfect, you never see players beat their defender with pace or dribble 

I don't know how on earth the developers could not see that 

On 23/07/2022 at 14:31, GOODNAME said:

After playing a lot with this game

For me - FM 22 was a major disappointment because of the ME

The lack of dribbling is insane

Just pass pass pass pass pass, in FM 21 the dribbling were perfect, you never see players beat their defender with pace or dribble 

I don't know how on earth the developers could not see that 

I think the ME is vastly improved. So tough for SI because so many different opinions.

no more constantly failed crosses. No more ridiculous first time shot goals by full backs. Loads more passing and through balls. And I’ve seen plenty of dribbles and players beating others for pace. I think the technical dribble could be improved eg Moussa Dembele who didn’t have pace but used skill and strength to beat 2 or 3 defenders v regularly.

goes to show how it’s impossible to keep everyone happy. I really disliked the 21 ME

On 25/07/2022 at 18:05, SimonHoddle said:

I think the ME is vastly improved. So tough for SI because so many different opinions.

no more constantly failed crosses. No more ridiculous first time shot goals by full backs. Loads more passing and through balls. And I’ve seen plenty of dribbles and players beating others for pace. I think the technical dribble could be improved eg Moussa Dembele who didn’t have pace but used skill and strength to beat 2 or 3 defenders v regularly.

goes to show how it’s impossible to keep everyone happy. I really disliked the 21 ME

I think it's the best it's been in a while, but there are a couple bad items (dribbling, central defender positioning in on-on-ones and under long balls, movements during counterattacks by forwards) kludged together.  It basically works out, and when the ME is clicking it produces some really, really slick moves, but hoo boy I hate seeing my Ballon d'Or centerback watching balls go over his head because he won't take one step back when it's kicked towards him.

The ME is vastly improved this year however there are some 2 issues which massively detract from the game for me;

Defenders do not follow runners/have the inability to turn thus allowing runners through far too regularly

I am getting very bored of watching 1vs1's constantly saved by goalies whether mine or the AIs or missed. It also appears that 1vs1's are very rarely recorded as a CCC. It almost creates an ME which promotes creating chances that require reactionary finishes from difficult opportunities rather than creating a quality opening for your player to score from

All being said. My 2 issues do go hand in hand. The lack of 1vs1 conversion clearly negates the issues with defenders tracking runners. 

Which altogether really hacks me off and I hope it is improved for fm23

12 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

FM23

The new rules has been announcement after the final patch of the game.

Also you could include such rule changes via custom data base. I have stitches one together for germany, month before. You just need to go into each and every league and change the rules. But maybe search for a custom data base first.

I like fm22 very much but there are a few things that could be improved in my opinion.

The post match analysis is too vague, like they tell me that we played poorly and cant be dissapointed with the defeat.

We were under pressure for most of the match.
ok but why does the report not include why we were under pressure? i know that i can possibly see the reason myself watching the match,
but the analysts should be able to tell me, that for instance that they pressed my lcb causing him to kick the ball up field.
Overall the data anylysts should be more thorough. I would like to be able to see how the last opponent lined up, tactic and roles etc.

Back post headers are way to op. Set pieces creator needs overhaul.

I would like to see changes in training for semi pro teams insteed of 2-3 sessions per week it could be 1 session per day.

Staff meeting is useless.
If i assign a player to improve shooting then in the next meeting my coaches tell me that he should be taken off it because shooting isnt a weakness even if he has 11 finishing as a striker in top division, or a young cb with 13 in marking, positioning and decisions.
or that i should re-assign a coach to another category.

I also would like to have the option to criticize wingers, attacking midfielders for squandering  chances.

2 hours ago, b2khn said:

Also you could include such rule changes via custom data base. I have stitches one together for germany, month before. You just need to go into each and every league and change the rules. But maybe search for a custom data base first.

SI could do that a lot faster and better

2 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

FM23

The new rules has been announcement after the final patch of the game.

Yeah still. small action for the devs

Edited by MrGizMo

2 hours ago, MrGizMo said:

SI could do that a lot faster and better

Yeah still. small action for the devs

The game called footballmanager 2022 is in the final state. There is no faster, there is only one speed of having it and it is called "search the freaking web". 

One question, no matter how much I spend at some club, when I play against them the press always thinks there is a grudge between me and the old club, is this a bug? I coached a team for 10 years became a legend, next season at the press before playing against them, they keep saying that there is no love lost and all that stupid things.

I've just gotten a couple of years in to a save l was enjoying very much only to find the literally game-breaking stadium expansion bug, first reported around 2017, is still there. This completely kills a save, SI were aware of it several editions ago and there is absolutely no excuse for this to still be in the present game. Really, really poor show. 

11 hours ago, prime301 said:

One question, no matter how much I spend at some club, when I play against them the press always thinks there is a grudge between me and the old club, is this a bug? I coached a team for 10 years became a legend, next season at the press before playing against them, they keep saying that there is no love lost and all that stupid things.

That specific module is flawed and should be ignored.  I recently has a report about a "so called war of words" against an overseas manager that I had never played against in that save before.

1 hour ago, prime301 said:

Does the financial fair-play work? Because Man Utd just spends money like they own the machine that produce them.

296143806_1047555609296446_1136639227090659559_n - Copy.jpg

Barcelona says hello...

On 02/08/2022 at 13:45, XaW said:

Barcelona says hello...

Man. United says hello (like they've been for many many years now!)

So do PSG, Man. City, Newcastle, and a lot of other clubs.

His example above was Man United, and what happens in the game does not imply it is that way in real life. This is just a snide response from you.

Edited by samuelawachie

• SI Staff
On 02/08/2022 at 12:28, prime301 said:

Does the financial fair-play work? Because Man Utd just spends money like they own the machine that produce them.

296143806_1047555609296446_1136639227090659559_n - Copy.jpg

It's funny you posted this with them as an example. I actually had this happen in my save a few weeks ago. It's rare but it does happen!

The biggest problem I felt after playing fm22 for over 1000 hours was the lack of dribbling.  

Player traits such as flashy dribbling, preferring to beat opponents, preferring to cut inside, such traits are completely useless. In particular, he doesn't try to dribble one-on-one at all.

It must be improved in fm23.

16 hours ago, csw4228 said:

The biggest problem I felt after playing fm22 for over 1000 hours was the lack of dribbling.  

Player traits such as flashy dribbling, preferring to beat opponents, preferring to cut inside, such traits are completely useless. In particular, he doesn't try to dribble one-on-one at all.

It must be improved in fm23.

Its really weird as I’ve seen a lot of people post this but I see a lot of dribbling from my AMs, AFs and wingers. I think SI can do more in representing how it looks graphically and players should be able to beat opponents with skill not just pace but I am seeing it.

SI's horrible, unnecessary response to the Russia/Ukraine war has already been spoken about many times before, but has anyone else noticed that Ukraine as a footballing nation are becoming extremely good in every save after SI's silly changes? It doesn't really make much sense. Either the changes SI made "in solidarity with Ukraine" unintentionally made them OP, or maybe SI somehow made sure Ukraine becomes a footballing powerhouse in everyone's saves intentionally.

It's not just me who noticed this, by the way. Two people I know with FM 22 also have Ukraine in the top 8 nations. If SI actually did this intentionally and made sure Ukraine prospers in everyone's saves, then do we really not see how pathetic it is?

19 minutes ago, Merc103 said:

SI's horrible, unnecessary response to the Russia/Ukraine war has already been spoken about many times before, but has anyone else noticed that Ukraine as a footballing nation are becoming extremely good in every save after SI's silly changes? It doesn't really make much sense. Either the changes SI made "in solidarity with Ukraine" unintentionally made them OP, or maybe SI somehow made sure Ukraine becomes a footballing powerhouse in everyone's saves intentionally.

It's not just me who noticed this, by the way. Two people I know with FM 22 also have Ukraine in the top 8 nations. If SI actually did this intentionally and made sure Ukraine prospers in everyone's saves, then do we really not see how pathetic it is?

I have not noticed that. In my save they have been generally rubbish. 2 relegations in the Nations League is all there is on their competition landmarks.
So, anything but OP here.

841988638_Screenshot2022-08-08074054.thumb.jpg.008e9223bcbed47712985a75c8b60522.jpg
1170607853_Screenshot2022-08-08074335.jpg.141f8a1e09012ea9fc54d01991e0b44e.jpg
2036151630_Screenshot2022-08-08074310.jpg.f5ad10d919b12161a5a49b8ecbe575df.jpg
401308008_Screenshot2022-08-08074703.jpg.42c01bbc16c9db81ad589780310e97fe.jpg

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Merc103:

If you mean the NT, then I do not experience this at all. (I'm doing several longterm-simulations each month).

If you mean the league, then I do think there is (or was in a earlier version in FM22) some odd behaviour with too high market-values in the ukrainian league. This made several clubs wealthy due to expensive sales. As a result, the league became a bit stronger as I expected it but I wouldn't go that far to see the ukrainian league as a "powerhouse" overall.

1 hour ago, Merc103 said:

Ah yes, powerhousing just below Greece and above Serbia in 2028 here...

Z22ziZC.png

It's quite possible you are attributing a random event to fit your narrative there, comrade! ;)