*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 32 Minuten schrieb Metal:

Look at this farce for transfer offer from the AI compared to player valuation, yet when it's the other way the AI want 100+ million for their top players

20220407101638_1.jpg

I highly doubt that the AI want 100+ million for a player who is transfer listed

29 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

I highly doubt that the AI want 100+ million for a player who is transfer listed

Yes they do, Haaland last summer put in a transfer requested and was valued at 100 million. The AI did not entertain any bids lower than that.

Yet a international player in his prime is valued at 85 million and the AI offer 13 million. Are you telling me thats right or realistic? I could understand 60 or 50 million but 13 million. Come on there is no excuse for this

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Metal:

Yes they do, Haaland last summer put in a transfer requested and was valued at 100 million. The AI did not entertain any bids lower than that.

Yet a international player in his prime is valued at 85 million and the AI offer 13 million. Are you telling me thats right or realistic? I could understand 60 or 50 million but 13 million. Come on there is no excuse for this

Of course you need to take Haaland as example ;) The point is that most clubs simply do not have enough money in the first season to offer 100m€ or more. Except ManCity or PSG. They can/will buy Haaland for 100m€ because he's a worldbeater playing at a slight below worldclass club. Sancho isn't good enough for those clubs so teams like Real Madrid, which are constantly broke until Season 3 (unless they sell Vinicius Junior to ManC or so), aren't able to offer more money. 

So yes, I am telling you that under those circumstances in the game, this is the realistic outcome. :thup:

7 hours ago, Daveincid said:

Of course you need to take Haaland as example ;) The point is that most clubs simply do not have enough money in the first season to offer 100m€ or more. Except ManCity or PSG. They can/will buy Haaland for 100m€ because he's a worldbeater playing at a slight below worldclass club. Sancho isn't good enough for those clubs so teams like Real Madrid, which are constantly broke until Season 3 (unless they sell Vinicius Junior to ManC or so), aren't able to offer more money. 

So yes, I am telling you that under those circumstances in the game, this is the realistic outcome. :thup:

I'm in my 3rd season and Real Madrid offered me 50 million for Maguire, so they are not broke. So I don't know where you get this idea that they aren't able to offer more money when you have no idea of their finances.

I've heard other people have the same issue with other clubs. X club wants maximum profit for their player, while they low ball you for one of your own players.

It's a problem with the transfer system

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Metal:

I'm in my 3rd season and Real Madrid offered me 50 million for Maguire, so they are not broke. So I don't know where you get this idea that they aren't able to offer more money when you have no idea of their finances.

I didn't know that 50m€ ist the new 100m€, but anyways, it seems you don't want to understand ;) It's okay:thup:

There's a frustrating problem with club visions. Let's use set pieces as an example. If you make the most out of set pieces in your first season, they will ask you to make the most out of set pieces... forever. You're the one that made the team solid at set pieces, they didn't want you to be solid at set pieces when you first joined. Same with being solid defensively, playing entertaining football, etc. No matter how well I do and how much they love me, I just can't negotiate the club vision at all because they made being good at set pieces a high priority, so it's a non-negotiable. It's stupid and unrealistic.

4 hours ago, Merc103 said:

There's a frustrating problem with club visions. Let's use set pieces as an example. If you make the most out of set pieces in your first season, they will ask you to make the most out of set pieces... forever. You're the one that made the team solid at set pieces, they didn't want you to be solid at set pieces when you first joined. Same with being solid defensively, playing entertaining football, etc. No matter how well I do and how much they love me, I just can't negotiate the club vision at all because they made being good at set pieces a high priority, so it's a non-negotiable. It's stupid and unrealistic.

It can be frustrating, but I'm not sure how they could keep things dynamic and have your style influence what the board wants, without the game trying to interpret the way you play. The set pieces one is probably the worse - if it was based on you having 'plays for set pieces' set in your tactics it would be better.  At the moment it seems to be based on scoring a lot of set piece goals, which means its basically at the whim of RNG and nothing to do with your tactical set-up.

12 hours ago, Merc103 said:

Hate this, have a good defensive season and now the board wants you to play defensively every season.

If your a team that elects presidents then it is more likely to change when the president changes, but not being able to negotiate is terrible.

There is something which I don't understand regarding collective bonuses before the league start; if someone have an answer be my guest.

Ok. There you go. Got the option to decide collective bonuses. League & Domestic Cup.
For league I have choose "Normal", but in Domestic Cup choose "Low". Choosing "Low" said that 34K will be allocated in my transfer budget.

1.png.caebbac39f98ab530cb6bc2316eda6c9.png

2.png.a3fd5cec3f1e2b446a8d84a6f491995e.png

So far, so good. 34.000€ is in my transfer budget.

Now, I want that 34.000€ to re-locate it in my Wage Budget, to match the 18.979€ and having extra space for free transfers. So, 18.000€ + 34.000€ = 52.000. Right?

3.png.a851f0bbefa305ce5c3e112115fc2388.png

Re-locate all 34.000€ to my wage budget gave this. 19.633€.

How is that possible that only 654€ from 34.000€ made in wage budget?

32 minutes ago, latrell said:

can you not speak to a players agent anymore it seems like that option has gone

Screenshot (58).png

Works fine for me. Perhaps some issue with the skin? Try switching to the default one and see if works then.

38 minutes ago, XaW said:

Works fine for me. Perhaps some issue with the skin? Try switching to the default one and see if works then.

yep it was the skin thanks for the advice XaW I've downloaded a updated version of the skin and i have the option back :)

On 08/04/2022 at 12:28, Metal said:

Look at this farce for transfer offer from the AI compared to player valuation, yet when it's the other way the AI want 100+ million for their top players

20220407101638_1.jpg

Transfer system/AI regarding CPU needs a revamp ASAP... They keep offering ridiculously low bids for our players whether they are transfer listed or not.

On 25/03/2022 at 12:56, JordanMillward_1 said:

FIFA and UEFA have indefinitely suspended Russia and Belarus from international and continental competitions, and so FM has been updated to reflect that - just as it was to implement the winter World Cup in Qatar, all the transfers that go through, the purchase of Newcastle United, and any other activity from within the footballing world.

No, it isn't the average Russian person's fault that their country's national and club teams have been indefinitely excluded from international football. But the teams have been, and so the game has been updated to reflect that, nothing more, nothing less. If you don't want SI to attempt to accurately reflect which countries are excluded from international competitions or not, it's not SI you should be complaining to, it's FIFA and UEFA for implementing the bans, and the Russian government for doing the thing that caused the ban to be put in place.

As i said they were my thoughts . I never said i was complaining ? As for the conflict i dont get fooled by propaganda news used to support a side . Too much fake news and has been caught out numerous times using the Bosnia war footage as the latest conflict

Something I noticed this morning since the update. I started a new game with the update and I'm at the start of a new season, second season for what it's worth. I signed a player on loan from Sporting Lisbon, he played 2 friendly games and scored 2 goals, all is well with the world. Then the first league game and he scored the opening goal, nothing untoward there, but then he scored a second goal and I noticed on the pop up it said he's scored 4 goals now. This is the weird bit. Why is the pop up counting pre season goals in the tally? I then played the second game and lo and behold he scored and the pop up said he's now on 5 goals, which is true, 2 pre season and 3 in the league. I can't be the only one this has happened to?

I'm not one to complain about media interaction, I usually skip all that but I tried to have a save where I'd do the press conferences and stuff

Man, I really don't like the Positive/Negative stuff. I'm giving legit answers and they're over on the right under Negative when the answer's not negative at all, I've just never heard of the player you're linking me with

The questions about managers/teams under/over achieving gets a bit much after a while. I'm sure Brendan Rogers doesn't get asked about Sean Dyche under achieving that much, if ever

If there are more than 6 or 7 questions, I find myself auto Positive clicking them :lol:

They're pretty immersive but I hope they get some work in the future  

32 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I'm not one to complain about media interaction, I usually skip all that but I tried to have a save where I'd do the press conferences and stuff

Man, I really don't like the Positive/Negative stuff. I'm giving legit answers and they're over on the right under Negative when the answer's not negative at all, I've just never heard of the player you're linking me with

The questions about managers/teams under/over achieving gets a bit much after a while. I'm sure Brendan Rogers doesn't get asked about Sean Dyche under achieving that much, if ever

If there are more than 6 or 7 questions, I find myself auto Positive clicking them :lol:

They're pretty immersive but I hope they get some work in the future  

Same here. No matter what; I choose Positive (far left option). Never give attention what I am answering (lol). Seems like media loves it, plus helping me to increase some hidden & unhidden attributes. 

5 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Same here. No matter what; I choose Positive (far left option). Never give attention what I am answering (lol). Seems like media loves it, plus helping me to increase some hidden & unhidden attributes. 

Positive left click every time? :D I tread very carefully when it comes to the media, I don't want my players getting big heads :lol:

Moaning minnies

That conversation with a player who wants to leave. You agree, and then he demands to know what his asking price will be. My attitude is always 'I'll know it when I see it', but the only options I get are to set a price, or else say I've changed my mind about letting him go. Now, when I've chosen the latter and a suitable bid comes in, the rest of the team is on my back for 'backing down'. 

In short, I want a third, or alternative option. I wouldn't be having the conversation in the first place if I wasn't willing to let the player go, because, when I'm not going to sell, I just don't have the conversation.

I am so frustrated. I started a longterm journeyman save where I holiday'd until 2023. My coach received an interview with Nashville SC in MLS.

I take the job only to realize the AI had signed two free agent players to big contracts that were to begin in the summer once their current deals expired, and once they went through, the contracts busted my salary cap limit and now my save is completely stuck.

The AI waived one of the incoming transfers, the GK that I at least could have used, to mitigate the impact but the other one still signed on leaving me about 200K p/a over the salary cap limit.

I can't buy down his salary cap bc Nashville has no more GAM. I can't waive him because I cannot submit a completed roster as his contract still counts against the cap limit. I can't offer him to clubs for the same reason. I can't waive him and another player because I only have ONE guaranteed contract buyout per season, and the AI negotiated all guaranteed contracts.

So now my save is completely bricked because the AI doesn't actually understand how to use the salary cap nor does it understand how to make signings or build rosters in MLS. 

Over the weekend I took advantage of the free FM22 availability to try out my first FM since FM19 (which I'm still playing). After 20+ hours, here are some observations:

• Journalist questions out of context can be jarring. Starting the game unemployed with zero reputation (sunday league footballer) and no badges, right away I am asked by a SSN journalist if I'm willing to work abroad (how did he even get my number!?). After taking over a team in the Welsh league, I am repeatedly asked about the job performance of some struggling Premier League managers - Patrick Viera at Palace, Thomas Frank at Brentford etc. Since when would the opinions of any manager in the Welsh league make the pages of F365/ SSN, let alone a managerial novice? I understand these interactions are intended to add depth to the FM experience, but really it achieves the opposite. These questions should be filtered only for league(s) you are managing in, in my opinion.
  • Taking over at a low quality team, my Assistant recommends appointing an 18 year old academy product (one star ability - not ready for first team yet) as Captain, and another 18 year old (also one star ability) as VC. Neither have made a single first team appearance. I assume this is purely because they have the highest "Leadership" stats in my squad, but surely other factors should be considered here - experience, squad hierarchy etc.? Again, this is slightly jarring and unrealistic.
  • I received a News notification for a Player of the Season result that apparently I voted in. I did not.
  • I approached my Chairman to request going on a coaching course. He politely declines, but also mentions he could change his mind if I could convince him. So I press the button to follow up - immediate response is something like "No, and stop asking me, you're making me angry" and interaction is ended. No option to convince otherwise.
  • I advertise for various Staff Roles. After appointing a few of the applicants, a few days later I return to some others to offer another role. Their response is "I don't think your club is up to my standard" and am unable to offer them any position. They literally just applied for a job at the club a week ago!
  • Although I haven't purchased FM since FM19, I have played the demos of more recent versions, and like others have found some of the UI/UX choices questionable. It now seems like a lot more effort and far less intuitive to locate the desired gesture or question response than it was on previous versions. Personally I also find the changes to smileys and health hearts a little unnecessary and slightly childish.
  • Hard to explain, but I often ran into an issue when navigating back from a player profile to the squad screen, a random player in the team would be "selected". For example if I scrolled down to my list of forwards, viewed one of their player profiles, went back to my squad, one of my defenders would be "selected" and their part of the squad screen would be displayed (instead of the forwards part of the squad) - meaning I had to scroll down again to view my forwards again.
  • I only had the chance to watch two games in full, but the ME does seem much improved on the FM19 version that I have learned to love/ tolerate. Some of the frustrations I often endured (most notably blocked crosses ricocheting randomly to an opposition player to immediately counter) didn't seem to happen, and I saw evidence of some nice passing plays and movement, as well as a fair number of expected player errors (giveaways etc.). That said, some of the things I've seen listed elsewhere in the thread - poor finishing, random wild shots from distant - were present, so could prove frustrating over a period of time.

Although many of the things mentioned above are pretty minor, as a whole they do certainly lessen the user experience. 

Edited by AlexJames

44 minutes ago, Overmars said:

I would like full visibility of in-match statistics to return to the game. This is how I can figure out what is happening on the pitch without playing on "full match" mode -- a mode which I have no interest in using.

That is there though

Far too many approaches for players with non-negotiable lowball offers.  Don't mind that an offer is lowball - that's their prerogative, but opening approaches just shouldn't be non-negotiable.  Apart from the fact that IRL it would be seen as plain rude, it seems to me non-negotiable should only become an option after a couple of rounds of negotiation.

4 hours ago, rp1966 said:

Far too many approaches for players with non-negotiable lowball offers.  Don't mind that an offer is lowball - that's their prerogative, but opening approaches just shouldn't be non-negotiable.  Apart from the fact that IRL it would be seen as plain rude, it seems to me non-negotiable should only become an option after a couple of rounds of negotiation.

Agree, It should not be like: I offer You 1 whole Penny, you have to react till half past nine, or I will freece the time and you can't progress in your ways.

5 hours ago, rp1966 said:

I agree I have the same, I don’t pretend to know how transfer bids are submitted in real life but I assume they aren’t emailed across with a line saying ‘by the way this is non negotiable’ at the end?

vor 10 Stunden schrieb LucasBR:

Players asking for a new contract after a good match whilst they have 3+ years left on their existing one is just non-sense, really.

This happends often to young players because they quickly reach higher reputations + CA-gain, but it can also happen to older players. A longterm-contract often means nothing. Wether in the game nor in real life.

15 hours ago, LucasBR said:

Players asking for a new contract after a good match whilst they have 3+ years left on their existing one is just non-sense, really.

It can happen but its so easy to ignore them in the game. I usually ignore players unless they have had a blinder of a season or when they change agents in the game. That usually signals something I need to look out for.  If a player has a great season and he changes agents, I usually get worried. 

If you ignore players they just become unhappy, but this unhappiness doesn't really affect their development which is what I am most concerned with. Sometimes not awarding them a contract actually makes them perform even better. They get fired up to perform. I find that this is actually one of those aspects of the game, I dont really mind, since I ignore EVERY players requests for a new contract. So what if they become unhappy, if they don't have the stones to play for me, they can rot on the bench when we win the title.

Being playing since the very first champ manager in the early 90es. The highlight was either the last CM2 (97/98, I think) or the last CM3 (01/02)

I think the engine was completely rewritten for CM4 - Something was off for me. To this Day, I still likes the player ratings from the first CM til CM3 - there is so little spread now - I guess that is why they made 6.5. Instead of 6 or 7. But in the old days, they used the whole spectrum more and I prefered that. Now all players get between 6.5 and 7.0 unless, they score then they get a bonus.  Too simple, I think.

I know you should look at all the stats instead, but I loved the old player ratings.

I had paused my playing of the game every few years, but I do think 2022 is the best (since CM 3 2001/02)

Perhaps a little too easy. I am not using much time with tactics but a gegenpress system made me overtake both Rangers and ‘Celtic quite fast. I actually make my self some obstacles like a maximum wage, to keep it competetive.

but still in general - it is by fair the best almost for 2 decades. And I am back as a yearly buyer.

22 minutes ago, Sreddy said:

Being playing since the very first champ manager in the early 90es. The highlight was either the last CM2 (97/98, I think) or the last CM3 (01/02)

I think the engine was completely rewritten for CM4 - Something was off for me. To this Day, I still likes the player ratings from the first CM til CM3 - there is so little spread now - I guess that is why they made 6.5. Instead of 6 or 7. But in the old days, they used the whole spectrum more and I prefered that. Now all players get between 6.5 and 7.0 unless, they score then they get a bonus.  Too simple, I think.

I know you should look at all the stats instead, but I loved the old player ratings.

I had paused my playing of the game every few years, but I do think 2022 is the best (since CM 3 2001/02)

Perhaps a little too easy. I am not using much time with tactics but a gegenpress system made me overtake both Rangers and ‘Celtic quite fast. I actually make my self some obstacles like a maximum wage, to keep it competetive.

but still in general - it is by fair the best almost for 2 decades. And I am back as a yearly buyer.

I agree with this. Once in a blue moon I will see a rating below 6, but usually it is just between 6 and 7.5. Is it actually possible to get a 1, 2 or 3 in the game?  

4 minutes ago, stevemc said:

What's going on here then, Jaap Stam Stadium, built in 2021 in Amsterdam apparently, but Spartak Moscow play there?

image.png.c29f9e9a91f065d138aad23ebb06f8d0.png

image.thumb.png.9e19299a4ab28e998af732d4d4586032.png

Saves started before the latest update allows Russian sides to play in Europe, but all matches are played outside Russia. So I'm guessing that's why.

5 minutes ago, XaW said:

Saves started before the latest update allows Russian sides to play in Europe, but all matches are played outside Russia. So I'm guessing that's why.

Ok cheers that makes sense, but Jaap Stam Stadium, built in 2021?

I know it has been mentioned before but the players asking for new contracts so early into their current deals is frustrating, made more so by the fact you don't have the obvious option to say yell at them 'YOU JUST SIGNED YOUR CURRENT DEAL 6 MONTHS AGO!'

I've currently got a player kicking up a fuss as he's apparently a 'much better player' than he was 6 months ago when he signed a new deal, despite there being nothing I can see to back that claim up. 

EDIT- I just went to humour him and see what his demands are- he wants the same amount he's already being paid?? So he's kicking up a fuss to get a new contract the reflects him being a much better player by asking for the same pay? Bizarre.

Edited by KingCanary

On 11/04/2022 at 19:43, AlexJames said:

Over the weekend I took advantage of the free FM22 availability to try out my first FM since FM19 (which I'm still playing). After 20+ hours, here are some observations:

• Journalist questions out of context can be jarring. Starting the game unemployed with zero reputation (sunday league footballer) and no badges, right away I am asked by a SSN journalist if I'm willing to work abroad (how did he even get my number!?). After taking over a team in the Welsh league, I am repeatedly asked about the job performance of some struggling Premier League managers - Patrick Viera at Palace, Thomas Frank at Brentford etc. Since when would the opinions of any manager in the Welsh league make the pages of F365/ SSN, let alone a managerial novice? I understand these interactions are intended to add depth to the FM experience, but really it achieves the opposite. These questions should be filtered only for league(s) you are managing in, in my opinion.
  • Taking over at a low quality team, my Assistant recommends appointing an 18 year old academy product (one star ability - not ready for first team yet) as Captain, and another 18 year old (also one star ability) as VC. Neither have made a single first team appearance. I assume this is purely because they have the highest "Leadership" stats in my squad, but surely other factors should be considered here - experience, squad hierarchy etc.? Again, this is slightly jarring and unrealistic.
  • I received a News notification for a Player of the Season result that apparently I voted in. I did not.
  • I approached my Chairman to request going on a coaching course. He politely declines, but also mentions he could change his mind if I could convince him. So I press the button to follow up - immediate response is something like "No, and stop asking me, you're making me angry" and interaction is ended. No option to convince otherwise.
  • I advertise for various Staff Roles. After appointing a few of the applicants, a few days later I return to some others to offer another role. Their response is "I don't think your club is up to my standard" and am unable to offer them any position. They literally just applied for a job at the club a week ago!
  • Although I haven't purchased FM since FM19, I have played the demos of more recent versions, and like others have found some of the UI/UX choices questionable. It now seems like a lot more effort and far less intuitive to locate the desired gesture or question response than it was on previous versions. Personally I also find the changes to smileys and health hearts a little unnecessary and slightly childish.
  • Hard to explain, but I often ran into an issue when navigating back from a player profile to the squad screen, a random player in the team would be "selected". For example if I scrolled down to my list of forwards, viewed one of their player profiles, went back to my squad, one of my defenders would be "selected" and their part of the squad screen would be displayed (instead of the forwards part of the squad) - meaning I had to scroll down again to view my forwards again.
  • I only had the chance to watch two games in full, but the ME does seem much improved on the FM19 version that I have learned to love/ tolerate. Some of the frustrations I often endured (most notably blocked crosses ricocheting randomly to an opposition player to immediately counter) didn't seem to happen, and I saw evidence of some nice passing plays and movement, as well as a fair number of expected player errors (giveaways etc.). That said, some of the things I've seen listed elsewhere in the thread - poor finishing, random wild shots from distant - were present, so could prove frustrating over a period of time.

Although many of the things mentioned above are pretty minor, as a whole they do certainly lessen the user experience. 

I agree and would add that I think the role-playing aspect of FM is way below what it should be, in fact its just poor.

I appreciate the priority is the match-engine but one of the reasons I gave up playing this game was because you spend so much time and effort working towards an end of season objective and if you manage to succeed then the game barely rewards you. You get a little bit of animation on the pitch and thats basically it.

This is completely contrary to classic video game design, which rewards players who succeed with new insight, new story, new tools, etc.

And even in real life, if a team succeeds there is a lot of celebration, trophy parades, interviews, etc. The scale of the achievement is revelled in. Things feel different.

But not in FM. And I think thats a major failure by the game.

Substitutes: something I've craved for years is the ability to designate substitute slots so that my AM, when he picks the team, picks someone appropriate to the position. Sorting out the subs, especially during the friendly season, can be an almighty pain. So --

For friendlies, all slots position-specific, plus #12 free for any role

For league & cup, maybe GK + 2 defender + 2 midfield +2 forwards, or something more fine-grained. 

2 minutes ago, du Garbandier said:

Substitutes: something I've craved for years is the ability to designate substitute slots so that my AM, when he picks the team, picks someone appropriate to the position. Sorting out the subs, especially during the friendly season, can be an almighty pain. So --

For friendlies, all slots position-specific, plus #12 free for any role

For league & cup, maybe GK + 2 defender + 2 midfield +2 forwards, or something more fine-grained. 

Add this to the Features Requests forum

I'm worried at the moment that I'm finding the game both pathetically easy (top of the league after 13 games with 2 goals conceded with a team predicted 10th) and incredibly frustrating and boring (the AI won't ever even try to attack me and every game is reduced to a dull grind which can often end in a 0-0 or 1-0 with me racking up 5-6 chances and 1.5+ xG)

Praise:

1. Data Hub -- Nice that it can be customized and some of the charts are actually useful.
  2. Saving -- I greatly appreciate the speed of saving.
  3. Database -- The nation rules are as complicated as ever and feel perfect more often than not.
  4. Realism -- The game isn't perfect in this regard, but I think it's a little better than prior versions. I can't, for example, get my central defender to score 15-20 goals a season from corners anymore, which is a good thing.

Criticism:

1. Match Engine -- Passing is too easy, especially against pressing teams. Crossing, especially to the far post, is much more deadly. Dribbling has been reduced. There don't seem to be enough "scruffy" goals.
  2. Matchday UI -- I play in 2D mode, and the Tato skin has saved the game for me. Without it, the game is not playable. I hope this type of view with informative side panels is adopted in the default 2D skin for FM23.
  3. Loan Mechanics -- I like the playing time stipulation, but I hate the position/role pickiness because roles aren't even a real life thing. It's nonsense to recall loans based on anything other than lack of minutes on a pitch.
  4. Player Ratings -- We need more dispersion in the ratings.
  5. Press Conferences -- The questions and answers need to be much closer together on the screen.