*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

Am 27.3.2022 um 16:57 schrieb Tikka Mezzala:

I put my DoF in charge of transfers for realism purposes, and he sold all my goalkeepers. I had to play a greyed out keeper. That lack of intelligence on the part of the AI staff really bugs me. Selling all the bloody goalkeepers without even having a replacement lined up. It's not as though we were needing to sell off the family silver for financial reasons, or received offers that were irrefusable/met the minimum fee release clause. Just sold for the hell of it. 

Makes it difficult to play the game with these parameters added for more enjoyment. Defo need to sort the staff out!

My 2cent is that this game is named Football Mananger and unlike germany and german "Trainers" (Headcoach/Manager) the english Manager is way more involved in Transfers so i allways do Transfers myself.

Especially since i start in the Tier 6 of germany with little budget and do as many jobs as possible to reduce costs and have also my staff mostly work 2 jobs like all coaches are Scouts i.e. bcs i dont get Scouts often anyway.

In the low reputation leagues there is also the problem that players simply do not want to come to your club bcs it lacks reputation and the team is deemed to weak to overcome said low reputation so you get no good players at all if not for a very early and agressive transferswoop grabbing as much free agents as possible even without adequate scouting hoping some of them will help you (all the ones that have a real or no player picture bcs that are the potentially good ones).

The beauty of the per play contracts down in that Tier 6 is that you dont pay those who are not good enough to play...

I currently play a FM stint where i got 1 player that helps me and 20 to 30 players i identified as targets went elsewehre - if i had not a good base team this time i would be doomed...when you get into the "no good player comes cycle" its game over...though i get results so by winter i may have enough league reputation to get some of the adequate league players convonced to join me...maybe some of the free agenst that get desperate by that time...

PS: Wow, SI, the latest update put the ME on Steroids is seems, so many spectacular scenes i have never witnessed in my entire FM/CM history!

Edited by Thorqemada

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In relation to my previous post I leave a print.. When choosing team b, whenever I leave the game and come back in, where Paulinho Santos is, he disappears, leaving the assistant of team A. Now if I change and confirm. It shouldn't change every time I leave the game. Furthermore, Paulinho Santos is not the assistant coach of team B, this coach does not appear in the options. Where it says José Tavares in yellow. I wanted to put the assistant coach of the sub19 team, and it doesn't even appear in the options.

Will it be difficult to correct these small mistakes? This is completely ridiculous, when you've already been warned of the problem and update after update persists!

Screenshot_1.png

8 hours ago, fabiogabriel said:

In relation to my previous post I leave a print.. When choosing team b, whenever I leave the game and come back in, where Paulinho Santos is, he disappears, leaving the assistant of team A. Now if I change and confirm. It shouldn't change every time I leave the game. Furthermore, Paulinho Santos is not the assistant coach of team B, this coach does not appear in the options. Where it says José Tavares in yellow. I wanted to put the assistant coach of the sub19 team, and it doesn't even appear in the options.

Will it be difficult to correct these small mistakes? This is completely ridiculous, when you've already been warned of the problem and update after update persists!

Screenshot_1.png

I dont' see this in my save. I tried to find your bug report, but I can't see any bug reports by you? Can you give a link to your report, please?

Having actually typed out the problem, I don't think it's very important, so am going to be really brief. 

It's about the neutral venues Russian clubs play in for European fixtures, (for ongoing saves, because it doesn't apply IRL).

So, some (but by no means all) of the neutral venues seem very small, as in 3.5k capacity. This seems a bit arbitrary, and unfair.

However, as I have suggested above, unless we're playing in Russia, for a few reasons, probably this doesn't matter

Edited by vikeologist

Northern Ireland isn't fixed. Second tier 33 normal season and 10 after split and more if you are in the play-offs.

When you update the players what leagues do you do? I watched a Cymru North fixture Saturday and few of those playing were in the FM squad.

8 minutes ago, glenjamin said:

Is it just me or since the update there's an ungodly amount of shots hitting the crossbar/post. Last two games I've managed 7 then 6 shots hitting the woodwork. 

Don't think there were any ME updates, so most likely a coincidence.

Getting too many players unhappy with their playing time as they are important players/regular starters but rested once every so often when they  are absolutely knackered and can’t possibly play . Seems to be nothing programmed in to make them understand that they are not fit enough to start.

On 25/03/2022 at 17:14, themadsheep2001 said:

Russia being banned indefinitely in FM is no different to the likes of Mason Greenwood being banned indefinitely FM to their respective real life indefinite bans. If/when the bans are lifted in real life, then it should be lifted in FM. Until then they are still currently banned indefinitely. It's actually not a unique treatment. 

We can debate this back and forth, but ultimately this is the decision, and given how long it took them to decide and implement it, i very much doubt its going to change unless the real world scenario changes

Why is the suspended Ukrainian league still in the game then? As long as this war goes on, Ukrainian teams will not be playing European football or any football at all. Ukrainian teams should be made unavailable throughout all 3 databases to reflect reality, right? 

The solution is so simple; just let players choose to play either before the war started or after (since si wants this so bad).

Edited by DragonAndLance

1 hour ago, DragonAndLance said:

The solution is so simple; just let players choose to play either before the war started or after (since si wants this so bad).

I don't think it is that simple. FM 22.4:Eternal War has been implemented using a combination of database and coding changes.  If it was database only then selecting earlier databases would be able to give different gameworlds with and without the Russia changes.  Because there's only one set of code, the changes made there affect every database.  It's been argued that a choice should have been offered or the effects should have been time limited, but ultimately SI have made this choice and it is too late in the game cycle to change again.

First up I play on Xbox. So I fork out £120 to play a game that used to cost £20. You’d expect it to be different level. The truth is the match graphics are STILL worse than 5 years ago. Jokes! How are they capable of making a game look worse? Almost genius and charge us more 😂. The ME is a moot point, maybe better, maybe worse. It shouldn’t be a debate SI. it’s called evolution.

secondly the bore factor of gameplay. Defensive tactics are prone to failure so it makes being innovative much more limited. Just attack, buy some good players and wait for potential success. Rinse and repeat.

I play as spurs. Won the europa conference league in season 1. That should be a given. Won the europa league in season 2. Happy with that. Season 3 top our CL group including Barca. Start PL with multiple wins, all good. Then leaguer form falls apart for 6 games. Starts with 6-0 defeat away to Leicester. I play 3 CBs including Ibanez as cover (v pacy CB). Problem is he never covers as game isn’t properly programmed to do that. Vardy gets hat trick with 3 simple balls over top of my deep lying defence (which seems to not lie deep at all) and rot starts. The tactics aren’t screwed, the game is.

so I get sacked. Hours of my life wasted. Utterly frustrating and unmanageable game. Costing a load more for what? A worse game with the most limited and pointless gameplay advice  I’ve ever seen. 

seriously pi**ed off.

2 hours ago, SimonHoddle said:

Problem is he never covers as game isn’t properly programmed to do that.

Then why are you playing him as a cover CB if it’s not working for you?

I’m also playing with a cover CB and their movement seems fine. On occasion, they will f*** up but not more than my other two CBs.

12 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

This is I think the biggest problem here. A change has been made by the developer to a product that people have paid for which fundamentally alters the product in a certain situation. Whilst for most this won't matter at all and they will notice few - if any - impacts of the change during the course of their saves.  Indeed, if I played a long save and Russia or Belarus never qualified for an international tournament BEFORE this change, then I'm not sure I would even notice.

But then there are a small amount of us whose enjoyment will be impacted by this. I genuinely don't think I will buy FM23 if the ban is still indefinite on the game. This would be the first version since CM93 I haven't owned, save for one or two. This might seem terribly picky to some, but it's how it is. 

And all of this is fine, because as you said, this is SI's product, it's up to them and it's ultimately up to me if I buy it.

HOWEVER, I have already bought FM22, and the game had been fundamentally changed by the developer. The option of continuing without the change has gone, and I am yet to find a work around to restore the game to the version I bought despite checking the editors forum and other well known FM sites most days for the last week. I have also spoken to a number of well known editors in the community and none have plans to try to change this back because of the difficulty in doing so.

So basically, having waited for the final update and certain editor files to start my game, I now probably won't.  

I'm not one to demand compensation like people do over the littlest things, and that isn't what I'm doing here - I have almost certainly got my money's worth out of this version anyway. However, in my opinion, it shouldn't be up to SI to decide how I use the product I've paid for. And that includes people rightly pointing out that this will only impact a small number of users. In my opinion, the decision that has been made in making the ban last FOREVER on new saves, even if a database is selected representing the world as it was when the game was released, is really strange.  More so, a change the the product that impacts people who have potentially put thousands of hours into a save that they have been playing since October is massively unfair.

And as you say, it is too late in the game cycle now for this to be changed. If peace is agreed next week, Russian clubs will likely be back in Europe by 23/24 at the absolute latest, however the game will remain unplayable for some of us for six months.

I'm not going to be posting about this again in here because I have already done so a couple of times, but needed to get this out having reflected. 

Really disappointed in the overall decision from SI to make this almost impossible to get around by coding the changes as well as making them in the database. Feels like a dictation of how the game should be used and enjoyed, honestly.

Si make decisions changes to the game every addition, as the developer, they do get to decide what is and isn't in the game. Now people have every right to agree or disagree with their decision, but I think it's wrong to say its not up to SI, it most certainly is. FIFA and UEFA banning Russia indefinitely means SI are well within their rights to choose to follow (or ignore) that

42 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Si make decisions changes to the game every addition, as the developer, they do get to decide what is and isn't in the game. Now people have every right to agree or disagree with their decision, but I think it's wrong to say its not up to SI, it most certainly is. FIFA and UEFA banning Russia indefinitely means SI are well within their rights to choose to follow (or ignore) that

And what rights do users have?...

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

Si make decisions changes to the game every addition, as the developer, they do get to decide what is and isn't in the game. Now people have every right to agree or disagree with their decision, but I think it's wrong to say its not up to SI, it most certainly is

So we are saying it is up to SI to fundamentally make changes to the product that people have purchased without consulting them, even applying that change to existing saves when people don't want it?

Not sure I'm ok with that, but happy to agree to disagree.

4 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

So we are saying it is up to SI to fundamentally make changes to the product that people have purchased without consulting them, even applying that change to existing saves when people don't want it?

Not sure I'm ok with that, but happy to agree to disagree.

They literally do that every update. ME changes, AI changes, UI changes etc

First up I play on Xbox. So I fork out £120 to play a game that used to cost £20. You’d expect it to be different level. The truth is the match graphics are STILL worse than 5 years ago. Jokes! How are they capable of making a game look worse? Almost genius and charge us more 😂. The ME is a moot point, maybe better, maybe worse. It shouldn’t be a debate SI. it’s called evolution.

secondly the bore factor of gameplay. Defensive tactics are prone to failure so it makes being innovative much more limited. Just attack, buy some good players and wait for potential success. Rinse and repeat.

I play as spurs. Won the europa conference league in season 1. That should be a given. Won the europa league in season 2. Happy with that. Season 3 top our CL group including Barca. Start PL with multiple wins, all good. Then leaguer form falls apart for 6 games. Starts with 6-0 defeat away to Leicester. I play 3 CBs including Ibanez as cover (v pacy CB). Problem is he never covers as game isn’t properly programmed to do that. Vardy gets hat trick with 3 simple balls over top of my deep lying defence (which seems to not lie deep at all) and rot starts. The tactics aren’t screwed, the game is.

so I get sacked. Hours of my life wasted. Utterly frustrating and unmanageable game. Costing a load more for what? A worse game with the most limited and pointless gameplay advice  I’ve ever seen. 

seriously pi**ed off.

i never knew it cost so much on x box I've always played the game on my pc but 120 is outrages.

3 minutes ago, latrell said:

i never knew it cost so much on x box I've always played the game on my pc but 120 is outrages.

Either the OP is being fleeced by someone, or it's hyperbole... £30, or use Game Pass.

image.png.46e8a2f52a59cdabf9eb2fd8ab8bf9e1.png

52 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Those are changes aimed at improving gaming experience. Forcing Russian teams to play at neutral venues in existing saves isn’t exactly that. SI have gone a step too far with that, imho.

58 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

They don't make changes to competitions that impact existing saves every update.

Every other competition change on every patch ever has required a new save.

5 minutes ago, sdx15 said:

Those are changes aimed at improving gaming experience. Forcing Russian teams to play at neutral venues in existing saves isn’t exactly that. SI have gone a step too far with that, imho.

SI also make changes aimed at replicating real life experiences tbf, some like it some don't and that's fine. I'm not saying people should agree or disagree, but I think the idea that SI don't have the authority to make such changes isn't true

1 minute ago, Junkhead said:

They don't make changes to competitions that impact existing saves every update.

Every other competition change on every patch ever has required a new save.

Fundamental changes to the ME and AI do not require new saves. The point, and tbh I think you know that's the point I'm making, is that SI can and do make fundamental changes to the game without consulting users on every decision, and that's extremely normal among game devs, have done in the past, and will do in the future

14 hours ago, OxfordUnitedFC said:

Getting too many players unhappy with their playing time as they are important players/regular starters but rested once every so often when they  are absolutely knackered and can’t possibly play . Seems to be nothing programmed in to make them understand that they are not fit enough to start.

If a player is "knackered", you can talk to them and tell them you're going to rest them. If they're actually unfit, they will almost always agree.

QYsQudZ.png

And if that's not an option, telling them right away you can sell them if they wish usually works wonders.

Yy08XBS.png

1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Fundamental changes to the ME and AI do not require new saves. The point, and tbh I think you know that's the point I'm making, is that SI can and do make fundamental changes to the game without consulting users on every decision, and that's extremely normal among game devs, have done in the past, and will do in the future

Yeah, you're right in fairness, I did know the point you were making and was being pedantic to a point. What I said about competition changes is still true though.

I think this is quite a divisive issue, and I think part of that division comes from if it impacts the individuals' enjoyment. It does/will impact mine, so I know which side I am always going to fall on.

As I said, I've said my piece a couple of times and appreciate that some people agree and some people disagree with my point of view, so will leave it now.

If anyone comes across an editor file that puts things back to how they were, or time limits the ban, please let me know!

Edited by Junkhead

3 hours ago, Zemahh said:

If a player is "knackered", you can talk to them and tell them you're going to rest them. If they're actually unfit, they will almost always agree.

QYsQudZ.png

And if that's not an option, telling them right away you can sell them if they wish usually works wonders.

Yy08XBS.png

Thanks, will give that a go.

Anyone having issues with long balls and defenders just missing headers leading to strikers getting 1 on 1s? I've tried going as deep as I can but it doesn't seem to be stopping it. Very frustrating as it's the main source of goals against me!

For me this is the worst FM I’ve ever played, and I picked it up in 2011. 

Although I finished 3rd in my 2nd season with Leicester, and ran the top 2 fairly close, the whole season was horrendous.

Constantly having to change and tweak tactics depending on the opposition (yet they never change for me seemingly).  Constantly being pegged back in the last 10 minutes of games despite being 2 or 3 up.  Constantly conceding to deep throw ins and set pieces late in games regardless of my set up and training.  You cannot play the same team two games running if in European competitions and the fixture pile ups are a joke, not to mention random international call ups on the eve of important games.  I could go on and on. 

I want to stop playing I really do, but I keep thinking I’ll figure it out soon and it never happens. 

I’ve read the guides etc. but feel they’re now out of date with FM22, personally. 

Granted I don’t want it to be easy but some of what occurs in game is laughable.  The behaviour of the ME at times makes me want to smash my laptop up. 

27 minutes ago, Senak said:

Anyone having issues with long balls and defenders just missing headers leading to strikers getting 1 on 1s? I've tried going as deep as I can but it doesn't seem to be stopping it. Very frustrating as it's the main source of goals against me!

Yes! Mancini who is a top centre half on the game does it constantly for me!

11 hours ago, Junkhead said:

This is I think the biggest problem here. A change has been made by the developer to a product that people have paid for which fundamentally alters the product in a certain situation. Whilst for most this won't matter at all and they will notice few - if any - impacts of the change during the course of their saves.  Indeed, if I played a long save and Russia or Belarus never qualified for an international tournament BEFORE this change, then I'm not sure I would even notice.

But then there are a small amount of us whose enjoyment will be impacted by this. I genuinely don't think I will buy FM23 if the ban is still indefinite on the game. This would be the first version since CM93 I haven't owned, save for one or two. This might seem terribly picky to some, but it's how it is. 

And all of this is fine, because as you said, this is SI's product, it's up to them and it's ultimately up to me if I buy it.

HOWEVER, I have already bought FM22, and the game had been fundamentally changed by the developer. The option of continuing without the change has gone, and I am yet to find a work around to restore the game to the version I bought despite checking the editors forum and other well known FM sites most days for the last week. I have also spoken to a number of well known editors in the community and none have plans to try to change this back because of the difficulty in doing so.

So basically, having waited for the final update and certain editor files to start my game, I now probably won't.  

I'm not one to demand compensation like people do over the littlest things, and that isn't what I'm doing here - I have almost certainly got my money's worth out of this version anyway. However, in my opinion, it shouldn't be up to SI to decide how I use the product I've paid for. And that includes people rightly pointing out that this will only impact a small number of users. In my opinion, the decision that has been made in making the ban last FOREVER on new saves, even if a database is selected representing the world as it was when the game was released, is really strange.  More so, a change the the product that impacts people who have potentially put thousands of hours into a save that they have been playing since October is massively unfair.

And as you say, it is too late in the game cycle now for this to be changed. If peace is agreed next week, Russian clubs will likely be back in Europe by 23/24 at the absolute latest, however the game will remain unplayable for some of us for six months.

I'm not going to be posting about this again in here because I have already done so a couple of times, but needed to get this out having reflected. 

Really disappointed in the overall decision from SI to make this almost impossible to get around by coding the changes as well as making them in the database. Feels like a dictation of how the game should be used and enjoyed, and don't think the user should be trawling the internet in the hope someone from within the community has worked out how to get around whatever change has been made to restore the product to the state it was in when people paid for it.

You make some good points, however: 

You don't actually own the game. None of us do. The way that software works (games included) is that you own the licence to be able to play the game. You buy their 'service', and you are buying the rights to play their game, which they retain full ownership for. Legally they could change every aspect of the game and you would not be able to oppose it legally in anyway as you were never guaranteed anything other that the right to play the 'software'.

1 hour ago, masno said:

I stopped playing exactly because of this, played a match on 4-3-3 and got a draw in the last minute because of a perfect longball. Learned my lesson, grab 3 defenders now, one dropping to cover, and reduced my line of defense, even then somehow in 4 different games they managed to put a ball in my CD back, and I wondered, how?

So, I decided to watch matches on full to understand how this was happening, and then an old problem: Players don't actually obey your instructions. Even giving direct instructions for them to stay back and protect their backs, somehow an ST always managed to get the best on them, they would miss a header, he would outrun them, for some unknown reason they would simply let him grab the ball and pass through them, and reminding, I am not talking about Messi's or Neymar's, I'm talking about average attackers.

The problem with this FM is the same old problem from other FM's, the refusal to look on the tactical side of the game, and then we have the mess that they call a "simulation", where players can't obey their orders, even when you beg them. It is frustrating watching matches because of this, it is so hard to get a desired pattern, and even when you found it, it goes on for just 3-5 matches, and them seems like your team "dis-learn" it.

And before people come here saying "it's your tactic", I win games, even more that I should, it is just that is frustrating that a game that call itself a simulation can't replicate what real managers applies to their teams consistently, FM nowadays is basically, grab good players, an attacker tactic, and win games. People say FM and FIFA are super different, nowadays I see the same pattern, same games every year, with a formula to win, it is not fun anymore. 

The last sentence here, I couldn’t have put it better myself. I have found myself completely disillusioned with the last 2 FM’s for this exact reason. 

I won everything possible with my Milan team, which was my Beta save. The first couple of seasons were dreadful to watch as I built my squad, constantly changing tactics and save scumming time figure out what was going on - I eventually built a world class squad and I believe I only won everything, and had my first ever FM invincible season, due to my players ability rather than my tactical genius. 

The game is becoming overly complicated and predictable, as you say.  

I’m sure they’ve turned Liverpool up even higher in the update too! Winning 7/8/9-0 every week. 

More playing time interaction nonsense. 

One of my defenders came to me complaining about playing time - it wasn't a problem for me to promise to play him more, I'd just been favouring another pairing and not rotating him in as often as I should have.

Shortly afterwards he went off to play in AFCON for an extended period. However this was obviously not taken into account by the promise interactions system.  He came back from AFCON was injured for one game then as soon as he was fit I played him.

Straight after that game he came to me saying I'd broken the playing time promise.  How  was I meant to play him, he's been missing on international duty for two months or however long AFCON lasts.

Edited by rp1966

10 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

More playing time interaction nonsense. 

One of my defenders came to me complaining about playing time - it wasn't a problem for me to promise to play him more, I'd just been favouring another pairing and not rotating him in as often as I should have.

Shortly afterwards he went off to play in AFCON for an extended period. However this was obviously not taken into account by the promise interactions system.  He came back from AFCON was injured for one game then as soon as he was fit I played him.

Straight after that game he came to me saying I'd broken the playing time promise.  How  was I meant to play him, he's been missing on international duty for two months or however long AFCON lasts.

Please dont report this in this thread- report it in the Bug Tracker and it will at least get looked at.

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

Please dont report this in this thread- report it in the Bug Tracker and it will at least get looked at.

No point for this version. When FM23 hits I'll go back to reporting bugs in the bug tracker.

2 hours ago, Merc103 said:

Oh, let's also try to forget the Qatar World Cup relocation in FM 18 while we're at it, yes? I wonder why in almost every save the World Cup was being moved? I know why. Everyone knows why.

Because a Qatar World Cup could only be played in winter, and nobody knew (not even SI) at the time how that would affect the world football calendar?

Your claim that SI (almost) always took the World Cup away from Qatar because of politics forgets one crucial detail. In previous games (from FM11 to about FM15), Qatar would always host the World Cup in summer 2022 without issue.

The 2022 World Cup only started getting moved in FM once people realised that it would be logistically impossible to safely stage a World Cup in an extraordinarily hot Qatari summer. SI had two options: 1) move the 2022 World Cup to the winter and rejig the entire football calendar between 2021 and 2023 - at a time when, again, nobody knew how that would work. Or 2) move the tournament to a country where a summer World Cup was more feasible.

SI eventually went with option 1 on FM19, but only when organisers had started to figure out the new schedules. But for FM16 to FM18, they went with option 2 most of the time, and the World Cup was usually moved to Argentina, Australia, Canada, Morocco... or China. And sometimes it would stay in Qatar.

SI moving the World Cup from Qatar was down to logistics, not politics.

This match just sums up the quality of finishing in the game while the AI only needs 1-2 attempts to score their first goal, your team needs 20 before they score. The AI goalkeeper regardless of quality manages to pull out super human save after save. There needs to be some balance going forward because this is ridiculous and atrocious.

Shame on you who complained about strikers during the first released version of the game, well done pat yourselves on the back now they are neutered 

20220331114404_1.jpg

Edited by Metal