*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Major Raver said:

Is anyone else finding that you cant see players in the editor search?  Clubs and the rest work fine.

Can you try clearing your cache files please? How to remove my Preferences and/or Caches Folder – Knowledge Base (sega.com)

If that doesn't work then create a thread here: Pre-Game and In-Game Editor - Bug Tracker - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

4 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

Are you using a custom skin at all? 

Yeah. Done all the usual cache clearing and deleting preferences etc.

Basically any screen that has a scout report on it, there's just a blank space where the report used to show. 

Posted in the skin thread and someone has said SI have changed something that will be updated. 

Love the update! First impressions:

• Players seem to retain their match sharpness less so if they are not playing.
  • I am playing with a very possession heavy, pressing 4-1-4-1 and I had to go from positive to balance to reach the same level of control as before.
    On positive my players were rushing their decisions, shooting from deep, also the opposition was getting in behind because we were erratic. Interestingly I haven't had the same issues before.
  • Lastly I have a deep lying playmaker (s) ahead of the defence, screening. In possession he seems less likely to go from side to side. He still does, but with less urgency now compared to before. I usually use him to overload one side. Will be interesting to see if it's just my mind playing tricks on me.
  • I liked the wingers as they were before, and I am not using roles that cut inside, so I cannot comment on that.

Edit

After the initial good impression, have to say, pretty disappointed with how the match engine looks now after 6-7 hours of game time.

• Shooting from deep. Not that they are long shots, it's just the long shots are taken from places where the player could actually move closer to goal but instead shoots.
  • Strikers are now harder to contain. Against my high block they are causing all kinds of trouble.
  • I use wingers, WM(A), they perform worse than before, which might be on me, but due to the weird unnatural shooting positions and strange patterns of play they also look worse than before.
Edited by robot_skeleton

17 minutes ago, ben carter said:

Yeah. Done all the usual cache clearing and deleting preferences etc.

Basically any screen that has a scout report on it, there's just a blank space where the report used to show. 

Posted in the skin thread and someone has said SI have changed something that will be updated. 

I am having this issue aswell, although im not using a custom skin

so since the update I can't get the game to launch, like at all.

I've tried everything, deleted all the local files including the cache and preferences, done a fresh install of the game, tried running as administrator, everything it suggests online...and nothing, game says it's running but nothing is happening.

no issue running anything else on my PC, I meet the minimum specs (more than) and it was running without issue before the update...

36 minutes ago, ManicStreetFootballFan said:

I've tried everything, deleted all the local files including the cache and preferences, done a fresh install of the game, tried running as administrator, everything it suggests online...and nothing, game says it's running but nothing is happening.

no issue running anything else on my PC, I meet the minimum specs (more than) and it was running without issue before the update...

Are you using any third party graphics like skins, facepacks or custom database?

57 minutes ago, ManicStreetFootballFan said:

Does the pre editor work ? Could be a virus protection issue . Try allowing it through your virus protection 

6 hours ago, kertiek said:

they added a setting for substitutions in match plans i really hope that this one finally fix them and i can use this feature more consistently, a nice step in the right direction

now match plans swap players from positions at random times ... for example my centerbacks start playing in the AML AMR positions .. the inside forwards go to midfield and the midfield moves to the CBs positions .. match plans are broken .. great news.

Edited by kertiek

Anyone else have the behaviour where if you click on "On loan or trial" in the Tactics screen, that the option disappears and you have to reset to get it back? All the other hide player option boxes remain after you select them.

image.png.3e1db5210ac4a87e56d6f00e1ad74a01.png

1 hour ago, Metal said:

Anyone else finding finishing more clinical or is it just me? I've noticed the wingers cutting in more and making attempts at goal which is great

Didn't play much yesterday but I saw one thing related to finishing. This was the velocities of shots. I saw two identical goals scored with higher velocity shot. It would be great if SI really did tweak the presentation of good shot and bad shot. It's always nice to know as a player why something happens at the 3d field. :)

1 hour ago, Metal said:

Anyone else finding finishing more clinical or is it just me? I've noticed the wingers cutting in more and making attempts at goal which is great

Not played enough to make a judgement on whether finishing is more clinical in this update, but IF behaviour seems improved - I've seen a couple of goals with the IF picking the ball up, driving into the area and scoring by shooting across the keeper - the classic IF goal that's been pretty much absent throughout FM22.  Good to see it make a return.  

2 hours ago, CaptCanuck said:

Anyone else have the behaviour where if you click on "On loan or trial" in the Tactics screen, that the option disappears and you have to reset to get it back? All the other hide player option boxes remain after you select them.

image.png.3e1db5210ac4a87e56d6f00e1ad74a01.png

exactly the same problem, only way to fix is to reset it everytime.

1 hour ago, Pasonen said:

Didn't play much yesterday but I saw one thing related to finishing. This was the velocities of shots. I saw two identical goals scored with higher velocity shot. It would be great if SI really did tweak the presentation of good shot and bad shot. It's always nice to know as a player why something happens at the 3d field. :)

Yes I've definitely noticed increased velocity especially with players like Ronaldo they finish with power and speed more often, first  time shot finishes too. Something definitely been ramped up with the finishing because I'm seeing different type of fininishes from different angles and goals where in previous patch I would know whatever player wasn't going to finish that chance.

14 hours ago, Woodg SI said:

Japanese league players aren't licensed in FM and as his full contract is with his parent club despite joining Celtic on loan, we're unable to include him at this time. It is something we're investigating with the aim of adding him in as soon as possible.  

My hope is that this is a broader comment rather than just regarding this player. Fingers crossed that the recent changes to the Pro Evo (sorry - "eFootball" :rolleyes:) means that the Japanese League & players are within SI's reach once again.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, ManicStreetFootballFan said:

Hopefully you've managed to get this sorted but if not, please do contact our support team here - https://fm22.info/SupportTicket

Thanks. 

12 hours ago, dmakovica said:

No. I was just wondering from which date I should start updating the transfers in the editor...

Ahh it will contain all the transfers that completed in the Jan winter transfer window. The next winter data update likely in Match will contain transfers for those countries whose window ends in Feb

The former may miss some season loans or free transfers that took place after the DB was locked. Also remember short term loans are not included in FM

1 hour ago, bahmet said:

Does it make sense for me as a manager in the characteristics of "Knowledge of players"?

Hide contents

image.png.784d438a3c89aa85d407b74d37ba542b.png

I don't understand what you mean but the player knowledge is linked to the amount of attribute ranges you can see before scouting if you have attribute masking on so the higher the player knowledge the more attributes you can see but if you don't play with attribute masking it's irrelevant just put them to one and assign the points somewhere else

2 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Are there any plans to update the demo soon? I've reinstalled it to have a look at what's changed, but it's still on version 22.2.

The demo is usually updated shortly after the main game update, so it should be soon