*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

3 hours ago, Platinum said:

Reject it, and if the team really wants him they will offer more.

Of course I rejected... I don't mind receiving bids for my players. My point is that doesn't make sense AT ALL receiving this kind of offer. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Metal said:

Improve the dribbling not saying it doesn't happen in game but its a rarity to see,fix offensive decision making when players are wide and players are free in the box instead of cutting back and recycling the ball, whip it in and fix the 1vs1 and we might have a great great ME.

I'm assuming you mean midfielders dribbling through the centre of the pitch? I see it if I set a player instruction of dribbles more, if they dont have that then I dont think they do much. 

23 minutes ago, Platinum said:

I'm assuming you mean midfielders dribbling through the centre of the pitch? I see it if I set a player instruction of dribbles more, if they dont have that then I dont think they do much. 

This isnt a big problem to me though as centre midfielders that dribble through the middle of the pitch is extremely rare in real life. Players that can do it are highly valuable.

48 minutes ago, Platinum said:

I'm talking about wingers and inside forwards which I reported from the beta was a problem before anyone else noticed. Occasionaly like once in a blue moon they will do a dazzling run, but it's more of a rare sight than a common occurrence which shouldn't be the case.

17 hours ago, 2feet said:

Do you play a slow possession game?

Do your midfielders score many goals?

It is standard tempo with short passing and with positive mentality. Most goals come from my two strikers but also the midfielder in the middle( his role is CM on attack) scores a lot because he is pushing further all the time. The left and the right midfielders are usually assisting.

48 minutes ago, duff33 said:

Once again I am here to air my frustration at the quality of finishing; or at least the way I've just got dummied two games in a row :rolleyes::lol:

I think SI will fix it to be honest. There's been too many complaints surrounding it and it's so prevalent that you can't ignore it

I believe the reason why 1vs1 conversion rate has been nerfed so much is because there were a lot of complaints prior to the december patch like this which I foresaw this happening as a result

Edited by Metal

On 07/02/2022 at 16:55, tropicsafc said:

This really bugs me too. Happens way too often.

Trying to keep Kieran Tierney happy is quite difficult.

441216353_Screenshot2022-02-10111407.png.5246620685f92fd3d1a539e33d78d051.png

Screenshot 2022-02-10 111438.png

Screenshot 2022-02-10 111502.png

Its never ending. Just doesn't work as a feature at all, doesn't seem to have been tweaked in any patch. My starting keepers also complaining about his play time, has started every league game, 3 of 5 CL games, not played the league cup...

Edited by Purple Bane

3 hours ago, Purple Bane said:

441216353_Screenshot2022-02-10111407.png.5246620685f92fd3d1a539e33d78d051.png

Screenshot 2022-02-10 111438.png

Screenshot 2022-02-10 111502.png

Its never ending. Just doesn't work as a feature at all, doesn't seem to have been tweaked in any patch. My starting keepers also complaining about his play time, has started every league game, 3 of 5 CL games, not played the league cup...

This needs to be toned down a bit. 

5 hours ago, Bakiano said:

It is standard tempo with short passing and with positive mentality. Most goals come from my two strikers but also the midfielder in the middle( his role is CM on attack) scores a lot because he is pushing further all the time. The left and the right midfielders are usually assisting.

Can I see your formation / roles please?

Can I see attributes for your Midfielders please?

23 hours ago, 2feet said:

I will post it tonight, I am not by my computer right now. Have a low decline in the second season, as my midfielders are not scoring so much, but strikers are scoring instead.

It might just be me but what the hell is up with player happiness?

PLayers come to me about feeling they should play more games. Fair enough, I should play some players some more for sure. Promise made.

Not even 2 weeks later, those same players come back saying they feel they aren't good enough anymore to be a regular player. Actual great players who show no sign of detoriating and are first team players. Even those who didn't complain about first team football and are on the good squad roles and play the majority of games do this.

And it's not 1 or 2, it's a wave out of nowhere of 5 to 6 important players. You sort one thing out and two weeks later they pop in with something else nonsensical.

It might just be a coincidence and I might just be very unlucky, but what in actual blazes. I have never had this happen to me in any FM before.

16 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

Something that definitley needs looking at is the criminal amount of times players get caught offside from indirect freekicks.

Take this one. Three of my players just stand offside, 3 more are just about played on by one Wolves defender who then steps up, meaning when the cross actually comes in my entire team is standing a solid yard offside like idiots.

I know some teams employ the tactic of pushing everyone out as the run up starts to try and catch players off but even that usually doesn't have a bunch of players choosing to stand a mile offside before the taker has even started his run up.

image.thumb.png.f77faee1c9cfaf146acf351e76d3c3eb.png

Oh, I hate it. I hate it so much.

On 08/02/2022 at 16:48, Dotsworthy said:

One thing I would love to see changed for future versions of FM is a change to how fans perceive youth signings.

I'll sign a 3 star 18 year old youth prospect on a free to fill out my under-21s and I'll get an F from the fan reaction. Fans don't act this way in real life towards youth signings they won't have heard of before.

A lot of the fan reaction stuff is great, complaining about your tactics or whether they think a player is out of form. I'd love to see more of this.

Completely agree with this

Transfer and Contract Woes

I'll start with contracts. I offered a contract to a youngster and set him as a breakthrough prospect. When I went to offer him wages I realised I'd made a mistake.

The player wanted more than i could offer a breakthrough prospect. I had to back out of the deal and now he's angry.

Why can't I change the playing time I am offering a player when it comes to the money stage? Allow me to make adjustments.

I have learnt a lesson there though. Be prepared with what you can offer.

Now, loans.

I have never seen this before:

unknown.png

I tried to loan a player and couldn't offer wages. I've asked about this elsewhere. 

My real issue is my board's vision:

image.png.848c1ccfe5a9fb08178206a258e38f7b.png

Sign players under 23. I've signed 5 players. 3 were 23 or under. Another was 24. Why are they devastated?

Develop players using the club's youth system. That'd be hard.

image.png.a4d5f4e162064487ba4397ba5c434cba.png

Maybe I'm just frustrated. The transfer window I am in is proving a challenge.

I want the game to be demanding. I like not being able to just get in loans but when a club wants £14k a month in wages and I offer them fees of more than £14k because I can't do the wages I don't expect a big fat no.

I thought I'd finished...but:

image.png.960b845e7f4664d3c93f6a7ccd775cd2.png

image.png.99352cfbcb477c208864a668b89c68c8.png

Help me out, game.

Edited by anagain

On 10/02/2022 at 16:17, 2feet said:

Here you are. You can see my top scorers and my top assists. Things changed somehow, Vlahovic took all the goals instead 😂

But you can see, the midfielders have good ratings.

received_636212360765652.webp

received_286465386954014.webp

received_486246329696150.webp

received_498314968575603.webp

received_307183351389347.webp

10 hours ago, Bakiano said:

Here you are. You can see my top scorers and my top assists. Things changed somehow, Vlahovic took all the goals instead 😂

But you can see, the midfielders have good ratings.

received_636212360765652.webp

received_286465386954014.webp

received_486246329696150.webp

received_498314968575603.webp

received_307183351389347.webp

Cant see the pictures

F67DFD40-7390-4484-B362-558625532B94.png

I did not play FM21 despite buying it, so can not say anything about it, but this one here? Oh lord, the moment you reduce your LOE from "Very High" to just "High" you are getting overrun by any team... Imagine, you play against the 20th Aston Villa and 18th Burnley and they have 23 shots on goal... Why? Yes, because you dont play kamikaze 4231 Gegenpressing, while they are doing it... It is just incredible, how every single team can play Gegenpressing and your own CBs with Vision 14+, anticipation 14+ and passing 14+ can not see the DLP and instead play it to the keeper who sends it forward with a hollywood-pass which turns back and provides a free chance for the opponent... Can't remember an FM, where you were forced to play one way, which is very high LOE with aggressive tacklings and just press press press... 

1 hour ago, goku4 said:

I did not play FM21 despite buying it, so can not say anything about it, but this one here? Oh lord, the moment you reduce your LOE from "Very High" to just "High" you are getting overrun by any team... Imagine, you play against the 20th Aston Villa and 18th Burnley and they have 23 shots on goal... Why? Yes, because you dont play kamikaze 4231 Gegenpressing, while they are doing it... It is just incredible, how every single team can play Gegenpressing and your own CBs with Vision 14+, anticipation 14+ and passing 14+ can not see the DLP and instead play it to the keeper who sends it forward with a hollywood-pass which turns back and provides a free chance for the opponent... Can't remember an FM, where you were forced to play one way, which is very high LOE with aggressive tacklings and just press press press... 

YQu1ebS.jpeg

No Gegenpressing, just standard LoE and high Defensive Line, standard pressing, and regrouping rather than counter-pressing.

Spoiler

QvFllGw.png

Undefeated in the first 3/4 of the season. You really don't need to gegenpress to win.

6 hours ago, goku4 said:

Why are you persisting with a video game that is so hugely flawed from your POV, year after year?

Put up with the wonky bits and bugs they don't fix, to enjoy the parts that do work or just leave it well enough alone. Maybe go for a walk and get some fresh air.

Just like the past versions of FM, there are plenty of examples of ways to win without going to extremes, whether you believe it or not.

xoxo

Would love to see a better auto-continue feature implemented in a future release. As is it, I set auto continue after 2 seconds and switch to another monitor to browse/work. The game pauses all the time, goes to the inbox, marking the latest message unread (which is annoying because I haven't actually read it) waits for 2 seconds and processes further. Also new in FM22 is a bug where the game continues while I'm actively switching screens in game!

So what I'd love to see is some sort of a screen flow-like and staff responsibilities screens where you set triggers when to pause processing after you hit continue. For example

Award news - ignore

Need to select players for U23 - pause

Training report - pause

Scouting update - ignore

So I can set it up like I want and after hitting the spacebar the game will run uninterrupted until something important for me happens.

4 hours ago, CaptCanuck said:

Why are you persisting with a video game that is so hugely flawed from your POV, year after year?

Put up with the wonky bits and bugs they don't fix, to enjoy the parts that do work or just leave it well enough alone. Maybe go for a walk and get some fresh air.

Just like the past versions of FM, there are plenty of examples of ways to win without going to extremes, whether you believe it or not.

xoxo

To your question: Why I am still playing? Well, because there are good parts as well and if I stopped playing a game because of bugs, I could not play a game anymore, as every piece of software has greater and minor bugs... I havent played that game for almost 2 years and gave it a try again. 

8 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

YQu1ebS.jpeg

No Gegenpressing, just standard LoE and high Defensive Line, standard pressing, and regrouping rather than counter-pressing.

Hide contents

QvFllGw.png

Undefeated in the first 3/4 of the season. You really don't need to gegenpress to win.

If I did not deinstall the game, I could have sent you my screenshots from my Lazio save... First 6 seasons, 3 Serie A titles, 5 cup wins, 3 Italian Super Cup, 1 Champions League Finale and 1 Champions League title. I still have the savegame, if you want it... I am talking about the Premier League, which is quite something else. And I am not pointing out the likes of City, Liverpool, or ManUTD... I am complaining about Burnley and Aston Villa, who are 18th and 20th in the running second season, and who can play 4231 Gegenpressing like a team coached by prime Klopp...

10 hours ago, FrazT said:

@CaptCanuck  I have edited the unnecessary parts in your comment- by all means you can disagree, but no need to get personal

Apologies for that, I just get my back up when users persistently flog a dead horse, especially after repeated threads where people make a genuine effort to help (not here obviously, but elsewhere) the user and I'll just leave well enough alone going forward - thanks!

11 hours ago, Fancy Gaffot said:

Would love to see a better auto-continue feature implemented in a future release. As is it, I set auto continue after 2 seconds and switch to another monitor to browse/work. The game pauses all the time, goes to the inbox, marking the latest message unread (which is annoying because I haven't actually read it) waits for 2 seconds and processes further. Also new in FM22 is a bug where the game continues while I'm actively switching screens in game!

So what I'd love to see is some sort of a screen flow-like and staff responsibilities screens where you set triggers when to pause processing after you hit continue. For example

Award news - ignore

Need to select players for U23 - pause

Training report - pause

Scouting update - ignore

So I can set it up like I want and after hitting the spacebar the game will run uninterrupted until something important for me happens.

This is something that would be best posted in the feature request forum… I can certainly see a plus side to it personally. 

Hi, I've finally decided to buy fm 2022, and there is immediately one thing I don't like and that is - there is no more player value, only transfer value.

I always loved to buy someone for cheap and then to see how much his value can grow.

For example on player search screen if you sort players buy transfer value you can see Inaki Williams near the top which seems so strange  compared when we had players sorted by their value.

Is there maybe some workaround to display player value as one one number or maybe some skin that can do it?

Thanks

56 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

Hi, I've finally decided to buy fm 2022, and there is immediately one thing I don't like and that is - there is no more player value, only transfer value.

I always loved to buy someone for cheap and then to see how much his value can grow.

For example on player search screen if you sort players buy transfer value you can see Inaki Williams near the top which seems so strange  compared when we had players sorted by their value.

Is there maybe some workaround to display player value as one one number or maybe some skin that can do it?

Thanks

There isn't

6 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

Ah.. Ok thanks.. Too bad.. I hope they will not keep this change in future versions 

I didn't care for the change initially, but after using it for a while, I actually have started to appreciate the change. Could be something that's a bit of an acquired taste.

21 minutes ago, XaW said:

I didn't care for the change initially, but after using it for a while, I actually have started to appreciate the change. Could be something that's a bit of an acquired taste.

Yeah, it is probably a matter of taste. If it is not a problem for you, can you please tell me what are the benefits of it, and why you like it now? 

15 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

Yeah, it is probably a matter of taste. If it is not a problem for you, can you please tell me what are the benefits of it, and why you like it now? 

Because you can actually buy any player somewhere close to that range (if the player wants to join). And you can expect the player to kick up a fuzz if you refuse a bid in that range from a team he wants to join. It makes it easier to know what an expected realized value is. Rather than the old value that didn't correlate to the actual sale value.

If you saw a young talent with a value of £500k in FM21, you could still get a negotiated offer of £100m. That doesn't happen anymore. If the value is £200k-£3m, then a bid within that will most likely be met by a reasonable negotiation.

And the AI will often bid within the range as well. If an incoming bid is far below the expected value of the player, the player will rarely kick up as much fuzz as in FM21.

I don't think the new one is the holy grail and the answer to everything, and it can certainly be tweaked a bit to be more on point, but it's a clear step up towards more.... natural interactions with both players and opponent clubs in regards to transfers.

15 minutes ago, XaW said:

Because you can actually buy any player somewhere close to that range (if the player wants to join). And you can expect the player to kick up a fuzz if you refuse a bid in that range from a team he wants to join. It makes it easier to know what an expected realized value is. Rather than the old value that didn't correlate to the actual sale value.

If you saw a young talent with a value of £500k in FM21, you could still get a negotiated offer of £100m. That doesn't happen anymore. If the value is £200k-£3m, then a bid within that will most likely be met by a reasonable negotiation.

And the AI will often bid within the range as well. If an incoming bid is far below the expected value of the player, the player will rarely kick up as much fuzz as in FM21.

I don't think the new one is the holy grail and the answer to everything, and it can certainly be tweaked a bit to be more on point, but it's a clear step up towards more.... natural interactions with both players and opponent clubs in regards to transfers.

Okay, thank you for detailed answer. It makes sense and it sound useful. 

But I still think that having single player value was fun. You could buy some player for 200k and when you see after a couple of seasons that his worth now is 70m I could feel some kind of accomplishment. 

Maybe having both would be the best. Market value similar to transfermarkt and transfer value. Seeing Lewandowski for example without value at all, looks, boring to me, if that is a right word. All players in the world have their value or selling price. 

Edited by Marko1989

27 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah I agree with this. It seems to have stopped the 'bid £5m for a player valued at £1m and get asked for £800m' type nonsense you used to see.

It took some getting used to but now I'm a convert.

A couple of my mates who play FM on MacBook Air (and don't use these forums) have said that since updating macOS Monterey 12.2.1 they are now getting crashes to the point where the game is unplayable - the only way around it so far has been to put the game in Windowed Mode.

A quick search on Google brings the same issue up for other Mac & Monterey users too, is this something SI are aware of?

Fortunately I've not updated my Mac since last October so this doesn't effect me.

https://sortitoutsi.net/content/59263/fm22-game-crashing-on-macbook

Edited by stevemc

36 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

Okay, thank you for detailed answer. It makes sense and it sound useful. 

But I still think that having single player value was fun. You could buy some player for 200k and when you see after a couple of seasons that his worth now is 70m I could feel some kind of accomplishment. 

Maybe having both would be the best. Market value similar to transfermarkt and transfer value. Seeing Lewandowski for example without value at all, looks, boring to me, if that is a right word. All players in the world have their value or selling price. 

I think it makes sense, and it works fine when you get used to it. As I said, I don't think it's perfected yet, but a clear improvement.

For the final part, I don't think two values would be good, I mean, this game is hard enough to grasp as it is... And all players have a price, but those who don't have a value and is listed for "not for sale", you have to expect to pay massively more than one would for a comparable player.

23 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

Yeah I agree with this. It seems to have stopped the 'bid £5m for a player valued at £1m and get asked for £800m' type nonsense you used to see.

It took some getting used to but now I'm a convert.

Yeah, I think it makes much more sense functionally, even if I'm not completely sold on the UI for it. That grey "plaque" or pricetag is not exactly a personal favourite.

Are the changes to stamina working like they're supposed to be? I've played several matches recently where opposition players who were in "the red" stamina-wise are still sprinting and pressing late into matches.

Still having the issues with nearly every AI team using high-press tactics as well. I've faced two teams in the past season and a half that didn't use either Tiki-Taka or Gegenpress. I'm winning most of my matches, so that's not the problem, but it feels very repetitive, frustrating, and just plain unrealistic to face a full-bore press every single match. It's like no team has their own identity- I'm just playing against Gegenpress FC every time out.

This is one of the things I just can’t wrap my head around in FM. I have £14.000 p/w left on my wage budget but I simply can’t loan a player on £5.500 p/w contract as the game only allows me 80% of his wage for some reason. I have 750k left on my transfer budget so I move all those funds over to my wage budget so now I around 62k p/w wage budget but only using 32k p/w so I have an access of around 30k I can use p/w. But for some reason I am now only allowed to spend 90% (£4.800) and since the club wanting to loan the player out for 100% of his wage makes the deal impossible… 

This happens to me the last couple of FMs and it makes no sense… :seagull:

9B255BBF-7EDD-48BD-BCA4-86B53B2ECC5C.jpeg

3 hours ago, Loversleaper said:

This is one of the things I just can’t wrap my head around in FM. I have £14.000 p/w left on my wage budget but I simply can’t loan a player on £5.500 p/w contract as the game only allows me 80% of his wage for some reason. I have 750k left on my transfer budget so I move all those funds over to my wage budget so now I around 62k p/w wage budget but only using 32k p/w so I have an access of around 30k I can use p/w. But for some reason I am now only allowed to spend 90% (£4.800) and since the club wanting to loan the player out for 100% of his wage makes the deal impossible… 

This happens to me the last couple of FMs and it makes no sense… :seagull:

9B255BBF-7EDD-48BD-BCA4-86B53B2ECC5C.jpeg

After doing the slider thing; have you processed day or two days?