*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

4 hours ago, prot651 said:

Personally think 2D is dead in the water. Maybe next instalment will be the last as FM search for more memory they will get rid of those ancient programs . I read somewhere that next year is the last of this 3D too 

I think some time ago I've read here that they have made 2D look this bad because of the performance reasons ( removed details around the pitch, made the goals, grass and everything else to look much worse than before ) that is maybe the reason why we can switch from 2D to 3D instantly, If I am not wrong there was loading message when switching before FM 2018. 

But that is ofc not official, and I hope they will not remove 2D because 3D is still not on a level of looking good. 

What annoys me the most is that I've never seen some official answer from SI guys on why 2D looks this bad and depressing. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one non match engine thing that I feel needs a lot of work for FM23 (as I think it'll be too late for this version) is the promises function.

I'm currently finding three major issues...

1. Position specific promises. As others have mentioned in the thread these have gotten a bit crazy. I've got two 'broken' promises right now, one for a player who wanted to be a DLP (d) in the DM position but has largely played DLP (d) in the CM position and another who wanted to be an inside forward (a) and instead has been used as an inverted winger (a). Maybe I'm wrong but I can't imagine a player getting super pissed off because they've been asked to play the same role but 10/15 yards further forward. It makes sense in some cases (see Carragher and Flamini irl) but generally those are players being moved well out of position.
  2.  New contract promises. There is a difference between agreeing to enter negotiations and actually agreeing a new contract. I've had one player ask for a new deal (fair enough he's a bit underpaid) but he wanted to go from £50k to £140k (highest paid in the team) and I couldn't agree. Fair enough he wasn't happy that I wouldn't give him that new deal but I don't think that should be a broken promise when I've made a good faith attempt to negotiate a new deal.
  3. Random silverwear expectations. This hasn't come to fruition yet but I was renewing one of my team leaders contracts and he demanded we 'win a domestic cup in the next 2 seasons.' I'm now approaching the end of the second season and I'm out of the Carabao Cup but still in the FA Cup. However in this spell we've won the Europa League, finished 2nd in the Premier League and actually won the Carabao Cup both the years proceeding this promise. So it seems a bit off that I'm nervously waiting for one of my influential players to have a meltdown at the end of the season due to not winning a 3rd Carabao Cup since he joined us.

Individually I can deal with these issues- the two 'out of position' players dropped their unhappiness after a few months and I managed to get a deal agreed with the player in example two three months later. The issue is though I now have a rap for breaking promises which is making squad management borderline impossible. I've had two players come to ask about their playing time, when I've tried to promise them I'll play them more they say they can't trust me and either throw in a transfer request or tell me 'I'm really unhappy with how you dealt with this' (how? I just promised to give you what you want!). It feels really off that key players who've played for me for years and have never had any issue with will refuse to trust me because I played a team mate as an inverted winger rather than an inside forward.

Probably not the right place for this but I would like to see the option, in future, to use transfer fees received to help pay off debts. I know this probably isn't how it works in real life but currently, I'm managing as Southend and we have £25m in debt as we're building a new stadium. My team is complete but if I sold a player for £1m it would be nice to have the option to, instead or adding it to my transfer budget, put it towards paying debt with the upfront amount received.

15 minutes ago, Peter G said:

Probably not the right place for this but I would like to see the option, in future, to use transfer fees received to help pay off debts. I know this probably isn't how it works in real life but currently, I'm managing as Southend and we have £25m in debt as we're building a new stadium. My team is complete but if I sold a player for £1m it would be nice to have the option to, instead or adding it to my transfer budget, put it towards paying debt with the upfront amount received.

Post this in the Feature Request forum and it will be reviewed.

Sorry if this has been a swered extensively but I tired to search for a definitive answer. 

On the 22.2 patch, there was improvements made to the rate of youngster improvement. Is this change save game compatible?

Just was looking at going back to an old save and wanted to know. 

On 29/01/2022 at 06:15, xLdRoN said:

There is a situation in the fm series that I have not understood for years, I would be very happy if anyone who knows can help.

When I set up the tactic with any team and start to get good results, like November-December, the team's performance drops unbelievably and we start to get negative results one after another. For some reason, I experience this situation more in underdog teams.

When you play as a dominant team, you're favored in every match. At the beginning of the season, you'll be favored in roughly every match. Halfway through the season, provided you haven't tanked the team, you'll still be favored in roughly every match.

On the other hand, when you play as an emerging team, at the beginning of the season you're likely to be underdogs in nearly every match. Halfway through the season, if you're outperforming expectations, you'll be underdogs in considerably fewer matches. Teams will adjust not to your tactic, as is sometimes claimed, but to your relative change in reputation.

Match odds are a very revealing tidbit in the game. They tell you what the game world "thinks" about the relative merits of teams. Do not ignore match odds. (I don't like it that match odds are now only available the day prior to the match. They used to be visible in the schedule about two weeks in advance.)

18 hours ago, stevemc said:

Similar with the Data Hub, had a play around at the beginning but I rarely go in there now. When I'm winning, I never use it. Problem is (unless I'm missing something) I regularly swap between 3 tactics depending on the team or situation I'm facing, but the data in the Data Hub doesn't split out the information by which tactic I'm using, so It's kind of pointless for me to work with? (please correct me if I can actually do this).

This right here. I want to be able to compare how my standard midfield pairing perform as I change things around them.

Or sometimes I change formation mid-game. Looking at positional heatmaps is not at all helpful considering it will use average position over the whole match. Move a player from DM to RB? Good luck!

14 hours ago, Peter G said:

I've wondered if this goes on behind the scenes already. I'm managing as Sporting CP, who have substantial debts (€1.3 million in monthly repayments) and the board only allowed 30% of transfer revenue to be added to the transfer budget for the first three seasons. It was increased to 60% this season, with a message that the increase was due to our improved financial position. I'd also gotten a message last season that the board paid off some debts early.

31 minutes ago, Loversleaper said:

I got a little head scratcher here. The club I’m managing went from a part-time contract to a full time contract status. All my players have part time contracts but my training schedules have gone to full time… does anyone know how that works?

Would like to know this too

On 31/01/2022 at 09:27, KingCanary said:

The one non match engine thing that I feel needs a lot of work for FM23 (as I think it'll be too late for this version) is the promises function.

I'm currently finding three major issues...

1. Position specific promises. As others have mentioned in the thread these have gotten a bit crazy. I've got two 'broken' promises right now, one for a player who wanted to be a DLP (d) in the DM position but has largely played DLP (d) in the CM position and another who wanted to be an inside forward (a) and instead has been used as an inverted winger (a). Maybe I'm wrong but I can't imagine a player getting super pissed off because they've been asked to play the same role but 10/15 yards further forward. It makes sense in some cases (see Carragher and Flamini irl) but generally those are players being moved well out of position.
  2.  New contract promises. There is a difference between agreeing to enter negotiations and actually agreeing a new contract. I've had one player ask for a new deal (fair enough he's a bit underpaid) but he wanted to go from £50k to £140k (highest paid in the team) and I couldn't agree. Fair enough he wasn't happy that I wouldn't give him that new deal but I don't think that should be a broken promise when I've made a good faith attempt to negotiate a new deal.
  3. Random silverwear expectations. This hasn't come to fruition yet but I was renewing one of my team leaders contracts and he demanded we 'win a domestic cup in the next 2 seasons.' I'm now approaching the end of the second season and I'm out of the Carabao Cup but still in the FA Cup. However in this spell we've won the Europa League, finished 2nd in the Premier League and actually won the Carabao Cup both the years proceeding this promise. So it seems a bit off that I'm nervously waiting for one of my influential players to have a meltdown at the end of the season due to not winning a 3rd Carabao Cup since he joined us.

Individually I can deal with these issues- the two 'out of position' players dropped their unhappiness after a few months and I managed to get a deal agreed with the player in example two three months later. The issue is though I now have a rap for breaking promises which is making squad management borderline impossible. I've had two players come to ask about their playing time, when I've tried to promise them I'll play them more they say they can't trust me and either throw in a transfer request or tell me 'I'm really unhappy with how you dealt with this' (how? I just promised to give you what you want!). It feels really off that key players who've played for me for years and have never had any issue with will refuse to trust me because I played a team mate as an inverted winger rather than an inside forward.

Just to add to this I've now had team leaders come to me about a player who wants more playing time, saying they agreed with him with the line 'play him or lose him, its your job at stake.' When I promised to play him more I was told 'you've lost a lot of credibility and I think you've lost the dressing room.'

I'm top of the league with Norwich City for gods sake. It is tempting me to use the in game editor to reset their happiness but I don't want to feel like I've cheated, even if this seems to have devolved into total nonsense at this point. 

On 30/01/2022 at 22:34, FrazT said:

@Arla2002  Your post has been hidden as the forum guidelines prevent us discussing ongoing legal cases as outlined here for the Off Topic forum . I am sure that the Developers will be keeping an eye of the future and will react accordingly.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/379962-discussing-ongoing-uk-legal-cases/

I hope that Sports Interactive acts as swiftly as EA Sports have done in removing said individual. Especially since SI are about to incorporate womens football in to FM.

I do however accept the removal of my previous post.

2 minutes ago, Arla2002 said:

I hope that Sports Interactive acts as swiftly as EA Sports have done in removing said individual. Especially since SI are about to incorporate womens football in to FM.

I do however accept the removal of my previous post.

Miles has already said, “Any player who is suspended from their club indefinitely due to legal action is removed from our game when we do data updates. We've done it in the past, we'll do it again in the future.”

2 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Miles has already said, “Any player who is suspended from their club indefinitely due to legal action is removed from our game when we do data updates. We've done it in the past, we'll do it again in the future.”

Unfortunately they've given a... less clear and to be honest contradictory statement to The Athletic, highlighting that they've previously removed players in these circumstances but then also saying they won't remove him until the results of the police investigation are made public. Just got a push notification about it on my phone...

3 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Unfortunately they've given a... less clear and to be honest contradictory statement to The Athletic, highlighting that they've previously removed players in these circumstances but then also saying they won't remove him until the results of the police investigation are made public. Just got a push notification about it on my phone...

See what you mean. I’m in the ‘remove him’ camp but we’ll see if he’s there or not in the next data update.

1 hour ago, Spurs08 said:

Not sure how much clearer Miles could be.

On 30/01/2022 at 21:34, stevemc said:

I aways seem to get about 10-15 seasons into a new FM and start to feel like I'm going through the motions of repetition and I begin to fade off - I feel like I'm hitting that wall again now.

I wasn't too sure I'd be bothered about the Transfer Deadline Day feature but even though I plan and sign players up front, it's a great edition that I find myself really immersed in twice per season - so that really is a top edition for me. But, in all honestly, the Staff Meeting is pointless, as pointless as the recruitment meeting. They offer useless information (like such and such should be added as a penalty taker). It doesn't add anything that can't be sent and read as an Inbox item. It needs to be more immersive, not another chore.

Similar with the Data Hub, had a play around at the beginning but I rarely go in there now. When I'm winning, I never use it. Problem is (unless I'm missing something) I regularly swap between 3 tactics depending on the team or situation I'm facing, but the data in the Data Hub doesn't split out the information by which tactic I'm using, so It's kind of pointless for me to work with? (please correct me if I can actually do this).

Some players promises are odd too, why are players locking in wanting to be playing as a "Carrilero" for example, imagine not signing a contact for a club in real because they won't play you in your favoured "Carrilero" position, whaaaat? You're a midfielder mate. I think interaction as a whole I bit mad, some really odd responses knocking about. You win the league and a key player wants to leave to join Man City who finished 8th, what? Make it dynamic.

I really hope for future FM's that they can address these points:

• Set Pieces

They are still so limited, and buggy. Easy to set up and profit from, if you want to abuse the system. Been like this for years now. IMO set pieces need a complete revamp, with much more options and the introduction of a "Set Piece Coach" as a new staff role.

• Press Conferences

Wow, still so dull. Same questions, all the time. Repetition. Chore. Can't even read some of the questions either as the UI sucks. I don't even know what you could do to improve them tbh to make them enjoyable.

• AI Squad Building

This is still an issue, AI clubs just can't build squads that retain success. You can go to a club, build a super team, leave, then take a look 12-18 months later and that squad you built will have been ripped apart, reduced in numbers and inferior players signed. It needs to be better. Clubs need more obvious and different philosophies, I want it to be more obvious. I want to see clubs hire managers that actually fit their ethos. It's too easy to win after 3-4 seasons.

• Match Day

This is something which I think makes me hit a wall with FM. I've done a Glory Hunter save, moving from country to county winning as much as possible, now on a match day, everything feels the same, there is no difference if you are managing a match day in England, Italy, Brazil or Africa - it's all the same stadium, pitches, nets, colours, crowds, atmosphere, everything - it's so samey. Is it the Merseyside Derby, or Norwich v Leicester? Doesn't matter, feels the same. Not sure how they can achieve it but each league, country, competition needs to FEEL different - a Champions League match needs to feel different to a Carabao Cup game, the detail needs to show through. An African Cup or Nations match needs to be different to the World Cup. Surely it's not just me thinking this? Only argument is that Germany is different due to the presentation package, but still not enough IMO.

• 2D Match Engine Camera

I use 2D to perfect my tactics, but it's got worse over the years, it needs tarting back up, bring the stadium/crowd in around the side, make it feel relevant, feels like it's left there as a token gesture - I don't know, just make it a good option to use. 

• International Management

If this part of the FM isn't due an update, then I don't know what is. This is more stale than, well, I don't know what. It genuinely needs an overhaul, it's needs looking at from the beginning, there is on immersion there.

• FM Longevity/Immersion

There defo needs to be more to prolong play time, along with all of the above I think there needs to be more controversy and issues to deal with at clubs and with newgens, it feels like you can power on through the seasons with not much to deal with, roll up at any club and be successful (when it's just not that easy IRL), maybe more issues with agents/players - give me more issues to have to solve! Let me see the players faces on the tactics pitch and bus bench, let the squad number have more prominence on the profile screen, different scoreboards/presentations for leagues/countries, different nets, atmospheres, DoF having more influence at certain clubs (locked in), different clubs having big challenges to solve, maybe the ability to set targets or select a challenge at the beginning of saves that tracks your progress (ie Non-League to Legend, Glory Hunter etc). Maybe rather than just requesting the board to upgrade Youth or Training Facilities, maybe you can get involved in more, deeper details of the types of facilities you'd like to add to the Youth or Training Facilities. There's plenty more than my suggestions to go at.

My two pence on feedback, anyway.

So many rights in this post! I've been playing the game since pre 1995, yet haven't bought the last three editions due to the lack of development.
The series need a serious overhaul and you are spot on with many of your thoughts.

I wish SI could read this and start thinking outside of the box. They seem to be severely stuck in there.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Dacourt said:

So many rights in this post! I've been playing the game since pre 1995, yet haven't bought the last three editions due to the lack of development.
The series need a serious overhaul and you are spot on with many of your thoughts.

I wish SI could read this and start thinking outside of the box. They seem to be severely stuck in there.

We read most things on here, but for new ideas and major changes we ask people to raise them via our Feature Request forums - that way we guarantee it's reviewed and the better ideas are taken into discussion and planning within our design team. 

16 hours ago, XaW said:

Not sure how much clearer Miles could be.

Miles is very clear there. But that's not the same as the statement they gave to the press:

"Sports Interactive has not yet made a decision as to Mason Greenwood’s status in Football Manager 2022 and will not do so until the findings of the current police investigation are made public. On previous occasions where players have been suspended by their clubs under similar circumstances, we have removed them from the game at the earliest opportunity.”

Which is much, much less clear, and perfectly justifies a headline that he currently remains in FM22. The first sentence very much suggested at the time that he'd remain after the next data update if nothing further was made public, even if Miles has since put out something to the contrary.

On 31/01/2022 at 10:19, Neil Brock said:

We track a lot of different areas and whilst appreciative of the fact everyone sees things differently, a lot of these are incorrect. But as you've said they're just personal observations.  

Internal QA has actually increased both in terms of numbers and specialisation compared to previous years. We've made sure to response to Bug Tracker threads quicker and more comprehensively than before - our response rate is much larger than previous years and has enabled us to get thing logged into the system far quicker than before. If you look on the forums now, excluding this weekend (which will be caught up with today) well over 90% of all threads have been replied to and passed through our internal system. 

All our bugs are dealt with based on priority - so that takes into account how many users would be affected by it and the severity of the type of issue. If you feel there are serious or annoying long-standing issues which haven't been addressed either just for FM22 or that have been there in a previous version please do feel free to flag via our Bug Tracker. We have to manage our resource carefully of course in terms of balancing the here and now and the future - but as with every update, for the January Winter Transfer Update you can expect changes and improvements to the game. 

Do you know if the Age structure bug has been looked at its really a problem seeing young players not developing because Older players stay good too long and the average age of squads being incredibly high 

The most frustrating thing about the introduction of gegenpressing in the last few versions, is that while I can as certain questions and find workarounds, it's very clear the AI just isn't in a position to do so and it absolutely skews the league table. Last season in my save, (2027/28), the top 4 was Bayern, Freiburg, Mainz and Frankfurt, Freiburg and Mainz both play a 4-4-2 gegenpress, Frankfurt prefer the 4-2-3-1. Mainz are on course to finish in the CL places for the 3rd season running, while holding a predicted finish of 12th. They've just piped Bayern 5-1. 

These last few versions of the game seemed to have boiled down to 'Which team gegenpresses?', especially when it comes to the AI teams. 

What I will say is if  these teams when they're tired, they get marmalised The problem is that only happens after a mid week game, or very late into the season.

On 30/01/2022 at 20:34, stevemc said:

I aways seem to get about 10-15 seasons into a new FM and start to feel like I'm going through the motions of repetition and I begin to fade off - I feel like I'm hitting that wall again now.

I wasn't too sure I'd be bothered about the Transfer Deadline Day feature but even though I plan and sign players up front, it's a great edition that I find myself really immersed in twice per season - so that really is a top edition for me. But, in all honestly, the Staff Meeting is pointless, as pointless as the recruitment meeting. They offer useless information (like such and such should be added as a penalty taker). It doesn't add anything that can't be sent and read as an Inbox item. It needs to be more immersive, not another chore.

Some players promises are odd too, why are players locking in wanting to be playing as a "Carrilero" for example, imagine not signing a contact for a club in real because they won't play you in your favoured "Carrilero" position, whaaaat? You're a midfielder mate. I think interaction as a whole I bit mad, some really odd responses knocking about. You win the league and a key player wants to leave to join Man City who finished 8th, what? Make it dynamic.

I really hope for future FM's that they can address these points:

• Set Pieces

They are still so limited, and buggy. Easy to set up and profit from, if you want to abuse the system. Been like this for years now. IMO set pieces need a complete revamp, with much more options and the introduction of a "Set Piece Coach" as a new staff role.

• Press Conferences

Wow, still so dull. Same questions, all the time. Repetition. Chore. Can't even read some of the questions either as the UI sucks. I don't even know what you could do to improve them tbh to make them enjoyable.

• AI Squad Building

This is still an issue, AI clubs just can't build squads that retain success. You can go to a club, build a super team, leave, then take a look 12-18 months later and that squad you built will have been ripped apart, reduced in numbers and inferior players signed. It needs to be better. Clubs need more obvious and different philosophies, I want it to be more obvious. I want to see clubs hire managers that actually fit their ethos. It's too easy to win after 3-4 seasons.

• Match Day

This is something which I think makes me hit a wall with FM. I've done a Glory Hunter save, moving from country to county winning as much as possible, now on a match day, everything feels the same, there is no difference if you are managing a match day in England, Italy, Brazil or Africa - it's all the same stadium, pitches, nets, colours, crowds, atmosphere, everything - it's so samey. Is it the Merseyside Derby, or Norwich v Leicester? Doesn't matter, feels the same. Not sure how they can achieve it but each league, country, competition needs to FEEL different - a Champions League match needs to feel different to a Carabao Cup game, the detail needs to show through. An African Cup or Nations match needs to be different to the World Cup. Surely it's not just me thinking this? Only argument is that Germany is different due to the presentation package, but still not enough IMO.

• 2D Match Engine Camera

I use 2D to perfect my tactics, but it's got worse over the years, it needs tarting back up, bring the stadium/crowd in around the side, make it feel relevant, feels like it's left there as a token gesture - I don't know, just make it a good option to use. 

• International Management

If this part of the FM isn't due an update, then I don't know what is. This is more stale than, well, I don't know what. It genuinely needs an overhaul, it's needs looking at from the beginning, there is on immersion there.

• FM Longevity/Immersion

There defo needs to be more to prolong play time, along with all of the above I think there needs to be more controversy and issues to deal with at clubs and with newgens, it feels like you can power on through the seasons with not much to deal with, roll up at any club and be successful (when it's just not that easy IRL), maybe more issues with agents/players - give me more issues to have to solve! Let me see the players faces on the tactics pitch and bus bench, let the squad number have more prominence on the profile screen, different scoreboards/presentations for leagues/countries, different nets, atmospheres, DoF having more influence at certain clubs (locked in), different clubs having big challenges to solve, maybe the ability to set targets or select a challenge at the beginning of saves that tracks your progress (ie Non-League to Legend, Glory Hunter etc). Maybe rather than just requesting the board to upgrade Youth or Training Facilities, maybe you can get involved in more, deeper details of the types of facilities you'd like to add to the Youth or Training Facilities. There's plenty more than my suggestions to go at.

My two pence on feedback, anyway.

Really well said, I can't argue against any of this!

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Mcfc1894 said:

Do you know if the Age structure bug has been looked at its really a problem seeing young players not developing because Older players stay good too long and the average age of squads being incredibly high 

Have you flagged this via the Bug Tracker? Would really need examples to look at - we've done some tests looking at squad's average ages then again after x number of years, and on those previous tests there wasn't that much of a difference. 

Know there was another issue specifically related to national team squad average ages which was being investigated as well, which was more related to the reputation side. That definitely was raised on the Tracker, but not sure there's been anything specific to club teams.

And to clarify, whilst I keep track of a lot both internally and externally in relation to things being looked at and raised, I don't personally see everything :D 

6 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

Miles is very clear there. But that's not the same as the statement they gave to the press:

"Sports Interactive has not yet made a decision as to Mason Greenwood’s status in Football Manager 2022 and will not do so until the findings of the current police investigation are made public. On previous occasions where players have been suspended by their clubs under similar circumstances, we have removed them from the game at the earliest opportunity.”

Which is much, much less clear, and perfectly justifies a headline that he currently remains in FM22. The first sentence very much suggested at the time that he'd remain after the next data update if nothing further was made public, even if Miles has since put out something to the contrary.

Miles' statement came after that point. So his stance is the clear latest stance. That's pretty much all that can be said

7 минут назад, Kingstontom88 сказал:

Lovely goals - what teams are these you're playing with and at what level are they?

This is Deportivo la Coruna, D3 Spain. Tbh I have some troubles to play tiki-taka on this level, especially if opposite team plays in bus, but this is correct imo

Edited by Novem9

2 hours ago, Novem9 said:

This is Deportivo la Coruna, D3 Spain. Tbh I have some troubles to play tiki-taka on this level, especially if opposite team plays in bus, but this is correct imo

I play in League One (D2 in England) as Shrewsbury and manage a similar style of football. It's fun to watch, but slightly immersion breaking for me as my players just should not be able to replicate this style of football on a regular basis. I'd expect it in the top divisions.

Edited by Kingstontom88

3 минуты назад, Kingstontom88 сказал:

I play in League One (D2 in England) as Shrewsbury and manage a similar style of football. It's fun to watch, but slightly immersion breaking for me as my players just should not be able to replicate this style of football on a regular basis. I'd expect it in the top divisions.

Some my players have technique and first touch 14-15, but I feel low mental attributes. Also our finishing is terrible sometimes. Did you check your tactic in better clubs?

Edited by Novem9

6 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Some my players have technique and first touch 14-15, but I feel low mental attributes. Also our finishing is terrible sometimes. Did you check your tactic in better clubs?

Yes a lot of 1-on-1s are missed but I think this is a general issue in this year's FM - not necessarily purely down to tactics or players. I've utilised the tactic with Spurs and see a similar style of football replicated. It's a minor gripe really - my team shouldn't have 85-90% pass completion across the board at League One level.

Outside of ME I think FM22 is one of the best yet, but I still prefer the FM21 match engine (even if it's not perfect - still had issues with pass completion rates) - so I went back to that recently.

1 hour ago, Kingstontom88 said:

Yes a lot of 1-on-1s are missed but I think this is a general issue in this year's FM - not necessarily purely down to tactics or players. I've utilised the tactic with Spurs and see a similar style of football replicated. It's a minor gripe really - my team shouldn't have 85-90% pass completion across the board at League One level.

Outside of ME I think FM22 is one of the best yet, but I still prefer the FM21 match engine (even if it's not perfect - still had issues with pass completion rates) - so I went back to that recently.

I'm still on FM21 (and will be at least until the last late winter/early spring update) and have found its ME much more enjoyable than FM20.

Are there a couple specific things, that are rankling with FM22 that made you switch back?

I have seen a fair bit about the 1:1s and also inverted wide players not inverting and staying wide when in possession. Are there other bits that are fundamentally different than 21? thanks!

Just wondering why newgen fullbacks cannot cross. a strong aversion no matter how else otherwise talented to crossing. I'm talking in 2028 on my game where even the best right back in the world has a crossing of 8. I'm not asking for 20 but the only full backs showing up for me with a crossing over over 10 are real players. Did players see Trent Alexander-Arnold and think I refuse to ever do anything like that and thus come into professional football with 6/20 for crossing

28 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

I'm still on FM21 (and will be at least until the last late winter/early spring update) and have found its ME much more enjoyable than FM20.

Are there a couple specific things, that are rankling with FM22 that made you switch back?

I have seen a fair bit about the 1:1s and also inverted wide players not inverting and staying wide when in possession. Are there other bits that are fundamentally different than 21? thanks!

It was purely on the ME. I just think FM21 is more realistic and varied in its representation of football matches. FM22 is good on the eye generally and I think the body posture and technical performance of individual players as a 3D visual is def an improvement but the 1-on-1s, the wide player issue and the amazing possession capabilities of teams that don't really have the players for it pushed me back to 21.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I know FM21 wasn't perfect either - but I just prefer it (especially after FM20). I also don't feel it misses out much on the 'new' features in FM22 - some of which are already in the game, such as data hub, just not as easily accessible. 

Want to caveat this with a great appreciation for SI - FM is a game series I've put thousands of hours into and will continue to do so for many years to come.

30 minutes ago, Sneaky Pete said:

If you only look at scoring sequences, sure, I can see an argument there.

If you watch FM21 on comprehensive there is a veritably absurd amount of "run towards byline, bang cross against shins of a defender for corner". The FM22 ME has its issues, but the fact that wide players will actually turn and recycle the ball when a cross isn't on is an unfathomably large improvement over the maddening idiocy seen in FM21.

I can watch FM22 on comprehensive for hours if need be - FM21 makes me outright angry within 10-20 minutes at most.

This is the first comment that has made me curious about moving to 22 from 21.

Blocked Cross Simulator is so very infuriating. As you say, if the first match of a session starts with a handful of those moments, the whole session suffers from the frustration.

57 minutes ago, Sneaky Pete said:

If you watch FM21 on comprehensive there is a veritably absurd amount of "run towards byline, bang cross against shins of a defender for corner". The FM22 ME has its issues, but the fact that wide players will actually turn and recycle the ball when a cross isn't on is an unfathomably large improvement over the maddening idiocy seen in FM21.

I can watch FM22 on comprehensive for hours if need be - FM21 makes me outright angry within 10-20 minutes at most.

Like I said, not perfect. I watch games on extended and on the odd occasion, comprehensive, and yes I notice these issues but to be honest, most matches on FM22 look the same to me. The passing sequences are absurdly good no matter the team or level, and finishing - plus wide player performance - is quite maddening in itself. I also don't think defensive lines are behaving properly alongside the rest of the team which leads to a lot of 1-on-1 chances.

It is a game after all and not real life, so we won't seen unlimited sequences of events and variations in either version. To each their own at the end of the day.

32 minutes ago, JRHaggs said:

This is the first comment that has made me curious about moving to 22 from 21.

Blocked Cross Simulator is so very infuriating. As you say, if the first match of a session starts with a handful of those moments, the whole session suffers from the frustration.

From the sounds of it, once you're a decade into FM22 there's nobody under 30 who can cross the ball anyways :lol:

I found it hugely annoying at first release, but it did improve by the last patch, and with cross from deep and cross left often selected, I'm typically leading the league with ~22-25% completion percentage and still at the top in attempts. Obviously we'll need to bite the bullet and pony up to see for ourselves.

3 hours ago, Sneaky Pete said:

Yep exactly.  This was a big problem in FM21 which made games definitely not realistic. FM22 as you say isnt perfect but it's much better and is no longer "blocked cross simulator"

Edited by Platinum

6 hours ago, Sneaky Pete said:

This is true. Go look at a match on FM21 and try to find one where you don't have 10+ corners on both sides. It's very rare. It gets up to 20+ corners each side per game pretty often too.

hace 22 horas, garabe87 dijo:

Just wondering why newgen fullbacks cannot cross. a strong aversion no matter how else otherwise talented to crossing. I'm talking in 2028 on my game where even the best right back in the world has a crossing of 8. I'm not asking for 20 but the only full backs showing up for me with a crossing over over 10 are real players. Did players see Trent Alexander-Arnold and think I refuse to ever do anything like that and thus come into professional football with 6/20 for crossing

It's been reported multiple times both in FM21 and 22 and nothing was fixed sadly. Winbacks/Fullbacks new created players have very low technical attributes, mainly crossing and dribbling so they look more like centerbacks.

Here I wrote about it:

Edited by Icy