*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

Negotiations over transfer value don't feel like they work as they should.

I have a player transfer listed at an agreed price of £10.5m. I offered him out at that and he complained about it being too high so I agreed to negotiate- we settled on £10.25m. So he's kicked off because he felt his value was £250k too high. I offered him out again a couple of weeks later and this newly agreed price. Again he complains about the price (despite agreeing to it two weeks ago) again we negotiate this time he settles for...£9.5m.

So we've had two different 'angry' conversations about how unfair I am and how the value I have for him is wrong, yet he's happy that his value has gone from £10.5m to £9.5m?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, to avoid being purely negative, some positives I'm finding as the game goes on.

- Transfer values- didn't love these to begin with and some of the fluctuations are wild but in general I like them more than the old system

- Asking the agent- super helpful feature.

- Finishing - probably my favourite thing in this match engine is the variety of finishes combined with the obvious differences between the types of players. When I get a one on one chance, you can see the difference between my mezzela who isn't a confident finisher and my striker or inside forward who is. I also see my backup striker who is a worse finisher than my starter but better in the air scoring more low % headed chances but wasting more one on one types.

I noticed that if you get a team report on different teams using different scouts, then go to 'Scouting > Assignments > Team Report Priorities' all the team reports will be changed to the scout that was last assigned a team report. I'm not sure if this is actually a bug or if it is working as intended; but why let me choose which scout to get the team report if you are just going to override my selection.

More basic issues that have existed for multiple versions of the game:

On the 'Scouting > Assigments > Scout Priorities' page

• 'Prioritise Assignment' - you can't prioritise multiple assignments at once, you can only prioritise one at a time (note that you can cancel multiple at a time, but you can't prioritise multiple for some reason).

• You can't search for a specific player by name, and you can't filter at all

• Sorting is broken on this page - stuff like sorting by age seems to work fine, but trying to sort by name or by position only seems to do a partial sort. If you spam click on a specific header (ie. changing the sort direction repeatedly) seems to eventually give a full sort but as soon as you click 'prioritise' or 'cancel' buttons this full sort is reset to only a partial sort.

Imagine a scenario where you need a new Forward so you have a group of say 10 forwards which you are currently scouting. Another team makes a bid for your primary transfer target, now you have to decide whether to compete with them for that player or change targets to one of the other forwards you are scouting. There is no sensible way to prioritise the scouting assignments for the forwards you are already scouting (since you can't filter by position, you can't sort by position properly and you can't group prioritise).

My only real gripe with the game, at this time, is the lack of newgen full backs with decent crossing stats. 8 seasons in and the best newgen full back in the world has 11 crossing, sorry but for me that isn't realistic 🙈 struggle to find any newgen full back with better than 13 crossing.

11 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Negotiations over transfer value don't feel like they work as they should.

I have a player transfer listed at an agreed price of £10.5m. I offered him out at that and he complained about it being too high so I agreed to negotiate- we settled on £10.25m. So he's kicked off because he felt his value was £250k too high. I offered him out again a couple of weeks later and this newly agreed price. Again he complains about the price (despite agreeing to it two weeks ago) again we negotiate this time he settles for...£9.5m.

So we've had two different 'angry' conversations about how unfair I am and how the value I have for him is wrong, yet he's happy that his value has gone from £10.5m to £9.5m?

This has happened to me several times now.

When my team was promoted into the French 2nd division, Ligue 2, the board took it upon themselves to construct a new stadium as the existing stadium didn't meet the standard for Ligue 2.  By the time that stadium was completed, I'd been promoted into Ligue 1, and the new stadium didn't meet that league's requirements.  As a result, the board started renting a stadium in another city. 

Now, my first stadium is my training ground, I play matches in the rented third stadium, and the second stadium, uh, seems to have vanished.  When I ask the board to expand the stadium, that request seems to be applied to the rented stadium, not either of the two (?) we own.  Expanding the stadium was on the 5-year plan, until it mysteriously vanished.  I don't know what's going on.

On 02/01/2022 at 20:40, Neil Brock said:

It's about discovering the reasons why that's happening - say too often players are playing quick passes in safe areas for instance - and working out how to improve that without causing an imbalance.

I mentioned this many times major issue is how defenders retreat to their default defensive position instead of simply staying close to the player to block passing lanes. Those couple of defenders around the ball who are supposed to block passing lanes should act like they are specifically man marking opponents for the time when the ball is close to them. It shouldn't be too hard to code. 

I don't know if it was fixed since I don't have FM22 but there was big problem with fullbacks defending. They would retreat for no apparent reason even on max pressing instructions which would create huge gaps which would then attacking team easily exploit with dribbling down the line and gaining huge space. It happened frequently and looked unreal. In FM 17 this wasn't such a problem and fullbacks defended high up the pitch like they should in pressing systems that demand it.

And maybe mentality could be removed from the game perhaps? At least defensive ones. There's no park the bus possessional style irl why it should exist in the game?

Edited by Mitja

1 hour ago, Mitja said:

I mentioned this many times major issue is how defenders retreat to their default defensive position instead of simply staying close to the player to block passing lanes. Those couple of defenders around the ball who are supposed to block passing lanes should act like they are specifically man marking opponents for the time when the ball is close to them. It shouldn't be too hard to code. 

The best way to show this is if you put together a compilation of highlights and being as descriptive as possible. It's time consuming yeas but that is the best way to help 

50 minutes ago, DarJ said:

The best way to show this is if you put together a compilation of highlights and being as descriptive as possible. It's time consuming yeas but that is the best way to help 

I started threads in bugs forum about both things it was fm20 I believe.

Both issues are long term and happen in every game all the time. It's football basics you can't press effectively if players run awey from most obvious passing lanes no wonder all teams achieve such high passing numbers. IRL avarage passing streaks are twice or third times shorter than in FM. And it's hard to press effectively when fullbacks do no defending and retreat into backline against one forward. Mathematically it's impossible to put any real pressure in such a way.

Edited by Mitja

Has there been some kind of change to close range finishing  (or finishing in the 18-yard box, if that's a better way to put it) - I seem to be seeing a lot of one-on-one and close range opportunities being saved or put wide recently, both by my own team but also by the CPU team. Just wondered if something had been re-balanced or similar?

I'll keep putting the Chance Conversion training sessions in, in the hope that resolves something :lol: But it was seeing CPU miss as well that made me wonder.

Director of Football - it would be good if you could give them some actual guidance before using them to negotiate contracts for signings like giving them a max wage, expected playing time or terms to exclude. I find that DoF contract negotiations for big signings are useless since they will include a Sell on Fee % which is something I will never include, I have also recently seen an example where the DoF couldn't agree a deal because a minimum release clause was included, I was able to reduce the wage demands by 1/3 and conclude a deal by including the demanded clause.

Far too many goals are scored in the first minute of the match. This applies both to matches simulated quickly and with full details. This is not the first edition with this issue, it would be appropriate to do something about it.

25 minutes ago, henry80 said:

Far too many goals are scored in the first minute of the match. This applies both to matches simulated quickly and with full details. This is not the first edition with this issue, it would be appropriate to do something about it.

I can see this is favouring especially human players with extremely high tempo in tactic. If I remember right my friend was leading 3-0 after first 10 minutes. Its a bit depressing to see how easily/unrealistically underdogs are crushed. And no this wasn't the first time these goals came at starting 20 minutes.

12 hours ago, Showerman said:

never has my team performed so well, with player ratings like this but with a score like that... opp keeper went crazy

lolol.thumb.png.b3e7a61045a817419f7a3cf75300abc5.png

This is kind of what I was talking about above - close range finishing quality seems to have dropped somewhat; I've been both a victim of this, and saved by it thanks to the same affliction affecting the CPU teams as well :lol:

Is there any way to get rid of 'loan list notifications' for scout meetings?

I scout an awful lot of young players who I might be interested in signing permanently but wouldn't be useful loan targets, but my scouting updates include about 30 'this player has just been listed for loan' updates that I have to click through.

19 hours ago, Showerman said:

never has my team performed so well, with player ratings like this but with a score like that... opp keeper went crazy

lolol.thumb.png.b3e7a61045a817419f7a3cf75300abc5.png

What's wrong here? You scored on 1 good chance, and missed the other. Nothing out of the ordinary IMO..

1 hour ago, Trugdish said:

Manager of players parent club complaining and then recalling said player because I was playing him as a wing back and not a complete wing back

Great feature SI

Yeah, this feature has always been at best pointless and at worst very annoying.  I don't understand why the AI is willing to negotiate on playing time -- we want him to be a regular starter, but sure, emergency backup is fine!! -- but never on role -- we would literally rather die than allow you to play this player as a centerback than a no-nonsense centerback.

Has anyone been able to get an AML/R scoring consistently on this current patch?

Im aware of the known wide player ME issues, but as I understand it, they're attacking movement is still good...

Been looking across the main european leagues in my save and all top scorers are strikers. However someone like Mo Salah for the AI controlled Liverpool, only has 6 in 21 games.

5 hours ago, Luizinho said:

Has anyone been able to get an AML/R scoring consistently on this current patch?

Im aware of the known wide player ME issues, but as I understand it, they're attacking movement is still good...

Been looking across the main european leagues in my save and all top scorers are strikers. However someone like Mo Salah for the AI controlled Liverpool, only has 6 in 21 games.

Had my winger score over 25 goals in my game in my first season. 

I am seeing some weird activity from my DoF with contract negotiations for incoming signings, he was doing a decent job before but recently his offers have been way over-priced.

Example:  I am Newcastle, first season, with Sven Mislintat as my DoF. 14million GBP offer for Oscar Mingueza.

• My contract offer - 47.5k p/w, regular starter, yearly wage rise 5%, min fee release clause 37.5million, no sell on fee %.
  • DoF contract - 75k p/w, yearly wage rise 10%, sell on fee 5%; i can't recall if there was a release clause

I don't know what is causing this - maybe there was an issue with promises and my DoF removed them all from the negotiation. Begs the question why is a DoF dealing with promises anyway in the case when a DoF has minimal control in respect to responsibilities.

welcome to my ted talk, i have two points in my presentation:

A) this quote 

On 17/12/2021 at 15:45, Neil Brock said:

There won't be any further updates before next year - we released two pre-Christmas updates earlier this month. 

B) this update on fm21
image.png.df33a7ed09a0b20fce51c30d553349a6.png

Conclusion:

well-waiting.gif

thank you for coming to my ted talk.

1 hora atrás, kertiek disse:

bem-vindo à minha conversa ted, tenho dois pontos em minha apresentação:

A) esta citação 

B) esta atualização no fm21
image.png.df33a7ed09a0b20fce51c30d553349a6.png

Conclusão: obrigado por ter vindo para minha palestra ted.

bem esperando.gif

Will something come out today? LOL

I believe Sigames in this edition is working on time, making more concrete patches available. We are looking forward to more dribbling, more games through the middle of the playing field, better screen processing, correction of extremes and other things hahahah

I used to manage smaller teams but once in a time I enjoy to take over bigger club and manage it in let´s say sensible way like more home-grown players, not buying every wonderkid or star, trying to make profit...

I did Barcelona or Inter in the past, with some challenge in it, for example make Esposito the best Inter striker in the history or Fati better than Messi. 

I am giving FM22 a chance by playing demo and I tried Manchester United. I know, it is United but the first half year was insane! I have never experienced such a great first half year. First place after 21 matches with 74:19 score. Ronaldo 31 league goals...and it is my own tactic. He is so overhyped, it is ridiculous. I am in doubt now if I should continue this great season (and make Ronaldo score more league goals than Bobby Charlton) or just leave it as especially home games are so easy. No matter if I play against City, Arsenal or Watford, it is always total dominance from my side. 

The board of my club that had £4.5m in the bank, after I bring in £100m net transfer income in a single window without noticeably decreasing the quality of the squad:

We feel that the net income from your transfer dealings isn't that impressive and see no reason to increase it.

Me, looking at my options: I may have an unimpressive net spend, but I've....

My net spend is NEGATIVE ONE HUNDRED MILLION POUNDS.  LITERALLY EVERY DIME THE CLUB HAS IS BECAUSE I'VE PUT IT THERE.

image.thumb.png.3250cbf987f365af1ef1cb07040dec5f.png

Edit: Also, there's no point in asking for increased retained percentage of transfer revenue; it's constantly reset back to what it was prior to the ask.  Known bug, apparently.  And I've had it reset back to 50%, right as I've made a £105m sale.  Unimpressive net income my hairy buttocks.

Edited by Sunstrikuuu

Americans still call the Director of Football a “Director of Football,” it’s only within the American game itself that we call them a “General Manager”… it’s really dumb that I don’t have a “Director of Football” 

On 06/01/2022 at 02:36, KingCanary said:

Is there any way to get rid of 'loan list notifications' for scout meetings?

I scout an awful lot of young players who I might be interested in signing permanently but wouldn't be useful loan targets, but my scouting updates include about 30 'this player has just been listed for loan' updates that I have to click through.

Yes, on the “filter” tab you can see in “advanced” all kinds of options and among them you can select to never receive those kinds of notices. 

1 hour ago, Metal said:

Lets hope there's a patch out to fix the many glaring issues with the M.E mainly dribbling and finishing/super human keepers

Neil Brock's post in here on 18/12 specifically said that there wouldn't be nay more updates till the Transfer window update- see below

On 18/12/2021 at 04:24, Leon_fogo said:

Anything is possible, pre-Christmas patch has been constantly released in recent issues.

I bring up another question, have you seen many expulsions in the first half of the game? I think this could also be revised. In real life with the VAR there were more penalties as well as expulsions, but the referees try not to let this happen so as not to harm a team so much. Another factor that always occurred in FM was that your team made the 3 substitutions and a player got injured right away.

There won't be any further updates before next year - we released two pre-Christmas updates earlier this month. 

On 01/01/2022 at 21:38, Vladimir said:

VAR. Every penalty check is a penalty unless it's outside of the area

Not true. I have had 'No Penalty' events where a clean challenge had been made.

My only issue with these 'No Penalty' events is that the game should "play on" until the next stoppage point. 

6 saat önce, FrazT said:

Neil Brock's post in here on 18/12 specifically said that there wouldn't be nay more updates till the Transfer window update- see below

On 18/12/2021 at 04:24, Leon_fogo said:

Anything is possible, pre-Christmas patch has been constantly released in recent issues.

I bring up another question, have you seen many expulsions in the first half of the game? I think this could also be revised. In real life with the VAR there were more penalties as well as expulsions, but the referees try not to let this happen so as not to harm a team so much. Another factor that always occurred in FM was that your team made the 3 substitutions and a player got injured right away.

Where is the statement that refers to no updates till transfer window update? I just see him saying "There won't be any further updates before next year"

I think next year means 2022 and we are in 2022 by now. Is there something I couldn't see or misunderstood?

4 minutes ago, akinozcan said:

Where is the statement that refers to no updates till transfer window update? I just see him saying "There won't be any further updates before next year"

I think next year means 2022 and we are in 2022 by now. Is there something I couldn't see or misunderstood?

The question that was asked was about ME updates- whilst Neil's post didn't specifically mention what kind of updates, I am sure that there will be no specific ME updates till the planned transfer window update and nobody knows what will be in that update yet.

4 dakika önce, FrazT said:

The question that was asked was about ME updates- whilst Neil's post didn't specifically mention what kind of updates, I am sure that there will be no specific ME updates till the planned transfer window update and nobody knows what will be in that update yet.

This information was disappointing to me as I was hoping for a patch on "IF/IW's dribbling with ball" until the winter transfer update. :) Thank you for the answer.

Recruitment Meeting - Staff are suggesting a RB, the report shows two RBs that are no longer at the club, and doesn't show the two RBs that have been signed recently. The recruitment meeting is dated 2021-08-23, the report is listed as being completed on 2021-08-23, the data within the report is actually from the when the player in question was last scouted on 2021-08-07. The Recruitment Meeting has the DoF, Assistant Manager and a Coach present and they can't put two reports (coach report and scout report) together to give an actual accurate report showing the actual players I have at the club? What is the point of Recruitment Meetings if they don't even use up to date information.

2 hours ago, Thalo said:

20220108162900_1.thumb.jpg.e72166d82fd11b5ff83181254bb8ecdf.jpg

Absolute lack of variability in the passing statistics is completely immersion breaking, let alone unrealistic.

Tried the demo yesterday and uninstalled it after five games because of it. Just endless passing no mistakes no midfield battles unbelievable..

Edited by Mitja

I swear i just cannot see the wide players dribble and always passing back to the full back.

Its a shame tat EVERY year we getting uncompleted ME with huge game breaking game (this year its IF/IW and dribble issue, in other versions it was 1 on 1, lack and central play and etc..)

1 hour ago, GOODNAME said:

I swear i just cannot see the wide players dribble and always passing back to the full back.

Its a shame tat EVERY year we getting uncompleted ME with huge game breaking game (this year its IF/IW and dribble issue, in other versions it was 1 on 1, lack and central play and etc..)

There'll be a new version to buy for £40 soon enough though

On 04/01/2022 at 22:54, Sunstrikuuu said:

When my team was promoted into the French 2nd division, Ligue 2, the board took it upon themselves to construct a new stadium as the existing stadium didn't meet the standard for Ligue 2.  By the time that stadium was completed, I'd been promoted into Ligue 1, and the new stadium didn't meet that league's requirements.  As a result, the board started renting a stadium in another city. 

Now, my first stadium is my training ground, I play matches in the rented third stadium, and the second stadium, uh, seems to have vanished.  When I ask the board to expand the stadium, that request seems to be applied to the rented stadium, not either of the two (?) we own.  Expanding the stadium was on the 5-year plan, until it mysteriously vanished.  I don't know what's going on.

Lol. Definitely sounds like an annoying bug. Please report it in the appropriate bug section of the forum.

3 hours ago, Mitja said:

Tried the demo yesterday and uninstalled it after five games because of it. Just endless passing no mistakes no midfield battles unbelievable..

Its true game still needs more battling and mistakes, but try starting game unemployed and set some league full detail and watch in games in full. There's missed passed and Interceptions but highlight system rarely shows them. It's remarkable how much more realistic football FM22 looks like in full match than FM21 example.