*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

player mentality looks like it's still bugged on the tactical screen.

a player in a positive mentality system on the wings with a supporting role still shows as having a "very attacking mentality" and center forwards on support show "attacking mentality" as well.

these should both be lower according to previous versions of fm, and was a bug acknowledged at fm22's release.  but doesn't look like it's been changed this patch.

at this point has player mentality calculations changed for fm22 or are these interfaces still bugged in fm22?

8 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

To clarify - this is intentional, not a bug.

The player mentality tells you only a very small part of how a player/role will operate, generally it's best to try them out on the pitch and see how they feel and let us know if you're seeing any negative trends.

Cheers,
Jack

Hey Jack would be great if we could schedule training matches that we can watch so that we can see how these things play out before trying them in a match. Just like what a real manager would do.

Edited by Platinum

32 minutes ago, Louisking1992 said:

Extremely underwhelming update, what on earth have you done to the ME?.. feels like I'm playing a brand new game that's a basic build. Poor 

Can you at least be specific? I've not tried the patch but your post is vague and has no clear examples to backup your opinion. 

Edited by TheMattB81

17 minutes ago, frederik.spindler said:

Hi, 

does the patch solve the problem regarding sudden crashes on the Mac Book? To be specific the problem that FM shuts down after some time and you return to the Home screen. Probably a problem with MacOS Monterey.

Best to check if you still have an issue and if you do, please report it by logging a ticket with SEGA support.

this play is in the new match engine, this is just an example .. dont expect this to happen in every play ... but u can see a difference with the previous match engine, this is just the second match of the preseason and  match engine.

1 hour ago, Viking said:

Am I the only one having an issue with the touchline table resetting after every match? I want the opposite team formation first and my stats next to that, but every time it resets back to my formation and their stats.

didnt notice an update happened until i thought why do my my stats and oppos keep swapping

1 hour ago, TheMattB81 said:

Can you at least be specific? I've not tried the patch but your post is vague and has no clear examples to backup your opinion. 

Players decision making is completely different to what it was on the last patch, they seem to make more stupid mistakes now in all phases of play. This goes hand in hand with their passing and building from the back, they're making a lot more mistakes while doing so. 

Strikers are missing loads more chances than previously, I've seen a huge drop in goals from them both. 

Centre backs are not following the runners, and keep leaving large gaps between them.. especially in a back 5 with 3CBs and 2WBs. 

Overall I feel that the ME is very sloppy since the update, everything feels rushed from the players. I've gone with really enjoying the ME to genuinely hating it 👍

Edited by Louisking1992

4 minutes ago, Louisking1992 said:

Overall I feel that the ME is very sloppy since the update, everyone feels rushed from the players. I've gone with really enjoying the ME to genuinely hating it 👍

Could it also be that it was working too well before and this is always how it was supposed to be 

2 hours ago, limey150781 said:

This is the weirdest non fix for me. I cannot see how this wasn't an easy fix.

Unless you work for SI in the coding for that particular area of the game, you won't see how easy/hard it is to fix. It won't just be an option within the code to switch on/off.

12 minutes ago, Louisking1992 said:

Players decision making is completely different to what it was on the last patch, they seem to make more stupid mistakes now in all phases of play. This goes hand in hand with their passing and building from the back, they're making a lot more mistakes while doing so. 

I must agree, before the pach my team played nice fluid football now they play like total amateurs with ton of stupid mistakes like passing directly to the opponent...

Edited by Elder

5 minutes ago, Elder said:

I must agree, before the pach my team played nice fluid football now they play like total amateurs with ton of stupid mistakes like passing directly to the opponent...

I think its even more frustrating because for the first time in a year, maybe longer I was actually enjoying the game. I stopped playing FM21 in March and didn't coke back to FM until 22 came out where actually I was enjoying it, until this morning lol I'd love to say i was still enjoying it but I can't  

vor einer Stunde schrieb Obaaa:

Pass completion %s still way too high.

It is indeed . But its better than before. In my last Match my Opponent had 71% . Never had that before the patch

Edited by haffaz77

Hello guys, I also write here my strange experience for receive more feedback. 

I have a problem with overview-profile stats.
I simulated a fast save to show the problem. Is not a skin problem, also base-skin has this problem. Maybe the last patch? Don't know

Things I already did:
- Clear Caches (from the game, from Steam, from appdata ecc)
- Reinstall the game
- Check integrity of game files (from Steam)

fm-x-Ja-HYz-N7-NN.png

fm-UM02f-QF0-Zq.png

fm-CZqwr4-Vf3-R.png

It's so strange. These are other examples from other saves.
Lukaku season stats shows 28 apps from a league that I don't know. I don't use extra DB

fm-YAVVi-Hidyt.png

fm-z-SHZNye-PLj.png

1 hour ago, Louisking1992 said:

Strikers are missing loads more chances than previously, I've seen a huge drop in goals from them both

Centre backs are not following the runners, and keep leaving large gaps between them.. especially in a back 5 with 3CBs and 2WBs. 

Overall I feel that the ME is very sloppy since the update, everything feels rushed from the players. I've gone with really enjoying the ME to genuinely hating it 👍

This is what many people wanted and asked for. There were several topics of people complaining about the strikers scoring too many goals(as if strikers shouldn't dare score), as a result thanks to them, SI have nerfed the strikers once again

Is there something wrong here? Is this guy well known in the world of football?

image.png.fb266a22c75e832f0ba4b16e53316db0.png

Reasonable stats for a manager. Luton just plucked him up in my save. I've never heard of him. Mentioning it here in case there's some bizarre research issue in the database.

hace 5 horas, Ranquelme dijo:

Is dribbling a sin this year?

Yes, it is, Guardiola has bought SI Games and it doesn't matter what tactic you invent that your wing players are going to make pass, turn, pass, turn, pass, pass, turn, pass, pass...

Dribbling will be seriously punished :D

Then you see the statistics and there are a lot of dribbles, you see the match and how your wing players act with the ball and you don't explain where so much dribbling comes from.

Edited by david_kax

Couple of initial thoughts:

- Pressing of defensive lines is way better now, you actually engage opposition defenders (or vice versa) and get put under pressure.
 - Defending of wide forwards and defender logic generally seems a little odd at the moment to me. I'm playing a 4-2-2-2 with two DM's, so we do defend quite narrow naturally anyway, but our full backs seem incapable of tracking runs from out to in from wide forwards (e.g. vs a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1), and generally speaking the central defenders seem slow to adjust to runners going beyond them. I've had some tricky fixtures so need to let it run further, but we are consistently giving up good chances from these situations which didn't happen that often before comparably, with much higher opposition xG totals. Obviously these things can be tactical and small sample size but thought I'd share initial thoughts to see if anyone else found it to be a common issue.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Luizinho said:

Why is the Antoine Griezmann contract issue not fixed?

His contract reflects what's been agreed in real life. If you think it's showing something incorrect please raise it via our data forums. 

Thanks. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, szp said:

Still a problem with shortlists - after checking player profile and going back, I have to scroll down the whole list. Huge disappointment. 

Isn't reproducing here for me, takes you back to the position you were at when clicking into the player's profile - you running a custom skin? 

Really enjoying my save and reluctant to update until I see more feedback, I thought it was very good already.

One question on the changes of someone can answer or point me to the answer location ?
- Tweaks to the rate of young player development 

what was wrong with the rate before ? not noticed anything

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Boydy9 said:

Really enjoying my save and reluctant to update until I see more feedback, I thought it was very good already.

One question on the changes of someone can answer or point me to the answer location ?
- Tweaks to the rate of young player development 

what was wrong with the rate before ? not noticed anything

If you didn't notice anything with it before I wouldn't worry about it. Was just some tweaks to make the progression more balanced. Was felt in previous versions younger players advanced a bit too quickly across the board - this was tweaked for FM22 and has been balanced further now to a position where we're happier with it. 

Is there a reason for the K-League 1's substitution rules not being implemented as they are in real-life? The real-life rules work similarly to:

-You get a maximum of 5 substitutions but:
-You must have two under-22 players in the matchday squad list

-You must have one under-22 player starting. If you do not, you will have one less substitute (4).

-If you have no under-22 players starting but 2 on the bench, you get 4 subs.

-If you only have one under-22 player in the matchday squad, you get 4 subs.

-If you have no under-22 players in the matchday squad, you get 3 subs.

This is going off of my memory watching the K-League as I can't find any written record of what the exact rules are, but in this year's FM, the rules are applied but only with a maximum of 3 substitutions, meaning that if you do not obey the under-22 rules, you only get a maximum of 2 substitutions. Is the reason for this not being implemented due to the reasoning for this being a covid-era rule, or something else?

Thanks as always!

Hi, thanks for the update. I noticed that there have been tweaks to the older player rate of decline. Does this mean that their physicals are going to deteriorate slower now? I find that a players physical stats drop way too fast and suddenly after they turn 32 prior to this update for many years in FM now. If someone with 20 natural fitness can play into their mid 30's at the same level like they used to in the old games that would be a welcome and realistic change.

Hello guys,

I am not sure if this is the right place to write, but my game keeps crashing after the last update when the game enters January 2nd 2039 (transfer window opens for Premier League) 

The only error message i get is "Game has crashed" nothing else.

I updated Juventus and Brazilian team names in the database. 

Is there any way  to fix this? 

9 minutes ago, MaestroTR said:

Hello guys,

I am not sure if this is the right place to write, but my game keeps crashing after the last update when the game enters January 2nd 2039 (transfer window opens for Premier League) 

Specific date crashes are usually traced to a database error so it could be linked to some of your changes.  Have a look in here though:

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4409234165521-I-ve-encountered-a-crash-dump-quit-unexpectedly-message-whilst-processing-or-clicking-something-in-the-game#text

1 hour ago, MaestroTR said:

Hello guys,

Have you tried holidaying over the crash date? Or another save from a bit earlier, if you have several rolling saves you could continue another one without experiencing the crash back in the days. No idea if these tricks still work though.

I just played my 18 games of the remaining season

I must say great job with the patch. 

I am playing Derby County and I have two good players Shoretire and Nusa that stand above. Before patch Shoretire was AMC and he was complete garbage and Nusa as AMR was never scoring (Inside forward)

Last 15 games Nusa scored 8 goals . All from open play no cross . Cutting inside making great runs

Shoretire scored 6 goals and 6 assists in 14 games. 

I saw very few cross for tap ins I have Winks as a striker and he is dreadful but before that he was scoring tap ins now I could see in ME that his ability is far beyond premiership he non stop botched good chances thanks to his awful attributes . My AML who can not compare to Nusa could not produce the same results as him. 

Nusa good player is a bad luck thou since Real Madrid are interested in him now.

Cant wait to play whole day tomorrow

A quick one for someone from SI before I bother them on the bug part of the forum.

Has there been a change made to player morale after losing games? My teams objective is to avoid relegation and I'm easily the worst team in the league. I'll regularly lose 2 or 3 matches in a row before winning 2 in a row or something. Since the patch my morale hits the floor after losing two matches, way more than it did before the patch. Is this by design? Or should I raise it?

3 hours ago, jcp1417 said:

Ugh still no U18 training emails. Nice to know that for almost half of FM22's life cycle, we will not get regular updates on prospects

There’s definitely an option to turn this on, I’ve had them on for ages but they weren’t automatically turned on like previous versions

11 minutes ago, ScotsmanFM said:

A quick one for someone from SI before I bother them on the bug part of the forum.

Has there been a change made to player morale after losing games? My teams objective is to avoid relegation and I'm easily the worst team in the league. I'll regularly lose 2 or 3 matches in a row before winning 2 in a row or something. Since the patch my morale hits the floor after losing two matches, way more than it did before the patch. Is this by design? Or should I raise it?

I am not aware of any changes in the ME that would affect that.  If it continues after an extended period, report it as a bug.