*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

42 minutes ago, david_kax said:

IF and IW never cut inside or dribling looking for goal, they always run towards the band to cross with a weak leg or make a back pass.

Saying NEVER is not quite true as I have seen them doing just that. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, WizbaII said:

I'd certainly put in transfer bids to get players cheap. AI clubs should absolutely be bidding for your cheap players, so I'd say there's a problem if they're not bidding. But if you want more value for your players, you'll obviously need to sell them when their contracts are not expiring.

I used one player on expiring contract as an example.  I am now in my 7th season and teams are not bidding at all. Just came off a UCL winning campaign and got absolutely 0 bids. 

19 hours ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Gave up with FM22 after the full release. Gone back to FM21 since. Won't be back until after the usual major pre-Christmas update. Disappointed really. Hope lessons are learned for FM23.

Same. Match engine is just too bad at this point. Another game where we have to wait until January for it to be in a playable state. What was the point of the beta again?

hace 1 hora, MrPompey dijo:

Saying NEVER is not quite true as I have seen them doing just that. 

Saying never is a summary way of explaining a known issue.

If you want to discuss something indisputable based on the fact that once in a thousand they have cut inside, perfect.

But I think against a serious known issue that hurts everyone, it is better to join in reporting it than discussing nonsense

The disconnect between the visualisation and what's actually happening is incredible frustrating.

I conceded a goal earlier in which we conceded a free kick just inside our own half. We had 11 men behind the ball, the opposition took the free kick, worked it up the pitch and it resulted in a goal for them. The commentators started banging on about how it was a counter attack executed with surgical precision. I wondered what game they were watching as this goal couldn't be viewed as a counter attack in any sense.

I complained a lot last year about the amount of highlights originating from throw ins. I saw a dev post that was linked saying this is just because highlights have to have a starting point and there's likely tactical issues elsewhere. I'm fine with this, of course my tactics aren't perfect. What annoys me is how are you supposed to make changed based on what you see? Of the last 52 goals we have conceded, 17 have been assisted by crosses, and an extra 9 have been assisted by corners. An extra 5 have been assisted by free kicks. That's over half my goals conceded from balls being whipped into the box, and yet I have a 6 ft 7 CB with 18 jumping reach and 13 strength, partnered by a 6 ft 3 bloke with 15 jumping reach and 14 strength. Both my options upfront are at least 6 ft also, while my starting lb is 6 ft 1 with 11 jumping reach (he's weak as **** mind). We have strong aerial players, my assistant recommends either a route one, park the bus or catenaccio style (albeit I don't think we're that dreadful seeing as we're predicted 6th lmao) but clearly we're getting done over and over by aerial balls. We also play a high line, so the rate of crosses we're conceding seems all out of whack (I'm aware this may be the tactical issue the game is trying to show me lol).

This isn't meant to be a post solely around tactics, but more so about how I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to be trusting. My eyes are showing me we're crap in the air, my players attributes and set up suggests we shouldn't be, but that's what I'm seeing. 

58 minutes ago, david_kax said:

Saying never is a summary way of explaining a known issue.

If you want to discuss something indisputable based on the fact that once in a thousand they have cut inside, perfect.

But I think against a serious known issue that hurts everyone, it is better to join in reporting it than discussing nonsense

Saying NEVER is only a summary way of explaining an issue if the statement is correct, its clearly not correct so its made up as you well know and all credibility gets lost. Im not saying there is no issue but I can assure you I see my IW cutting in on his right foot of the left wing and shooting and cetainly more than 1/1000 attempts

In terms of reporting issue then the Bugs section is the place to do that if its not done already. The Devs will not visit this forum to find issues to fix, this is a feedback forum

If it helps I personally find the FM22 ME quite fun to watch some of the animations, passing, crosses etc etc but its one of the worst for realism in terms possession stats, shots, types of goals scored and ease at which I win games that Ive not seen in previous versions ever etc. There are bugs returning that have been logged before in previous releases. I also personally find FM22 the worst version released in terms of quality control, response to bugs and desire to recreate bugs. It feels like The QA team have either received modules late for testing or the QA capability has been significantly reduced. So many issues logged that receive no SI acknowledgement they are under review. It would be better in my opinion to focus on the large number of issues, issues that have been outstanding for years in annual release, the really obvious issues and get this right rather than introducing new elements as the overall reception of new good functions is lost in the frustration of key issues and obvious issues on release.

Two things I've noticed that don't seem to be working as they should:

1. Scout reports. I've got this set to the standard weekly during transfer windows, 2-weekly outside, but I'm getting sent a handful -- one, two, four or five -- seems like every other day.

2. Something I've not noticed quite so systematically in the past: on joining a new club, the transfer funds  available turn out to be about a quarter of what was promised because in each case the weekly wage bill is way over budget. I've gone from Auxerre to Bordeaux (promised £4m, able to spend about £1m), then OL (£20m/£4m), then Valencia (£22m/£5m)

Sure I've joined clubs that are overspending in previous FM editions, but usually that has been accompanied by a near-zero transfer budget.

Okay, match engine feedback.

Attacking players are too willing to take very low value shots from outside of the box, often when they have opposition players right in front of them who are exceedingly likely to block it. They don't seem to recognise that they have teammates who could be through on goal with a good pass. Even when supporting teammates are in good positions, those teammates will then too often remain static rather than either try to drag a defender out of position or attempt a run to recieve a through-ball. This all-too-common passage of play shows that for example:

Which inevitably leads to shot maps like these in the spoiler. In most cases I feel like there's a clear divide between outside-of-the-box pot-shots and shots from inside the box, as if there's an invisible barrier preventing the players from getting into better positions to shoot.

Spoiler

image.png.3ee0fac783923e60ffa3d3fb4818c230.pngimage.png.4d042468210d4ae1198136e1254764a7.pngimage.png.a913e1ac332b41407d38d24fd759ac95.pngimage.png.d9709a54675940f21c79e27a4064dc41.png

Obviously I'd need more FM shot data to compare with real life shot maps, but for comparison here's a shot map from Swedish Allsvenskan and Superettan, showing a slight but less pronounced divide between shots taken from inside vs outside of the 18 yard box.

data_021.png

12 hours ago, Mitja said:

Can't remember fm15 but in fm17 they were also playing fine and regularly cutting in. From what I can tell it seems players use their weaker foot too much. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with opposition showing onto wrong foot but players should run with ball to the side of their stronger foot more easily. Even the most both footed players will mostly run in direction of stronger foot.

You can't show onto the wrong foot allover the pitch but only when there's limited space in final third. Even then quality player should easily find a way to cut in. In FM17 it was lik that. Another thing I have noticed is that players will cut in more regularly on lower mentalities which doesn't make much sense to me. Cutting inside is higher risk then running down the line where it's easier to keep the ball.

Yes, I think in FM 17 they were cutting in as well. Maybe you are right about showing onto wrong foot, but who knows.

I have somehow found a recordings of two goals I scored with Inside Forwards from FM 2015, they we cutting inside properly. The quality is very bad 
( and I could not upload both gifs directly in the reply because of the forum upload limitation )

Tulissi: Player with "cuts inside" and "shot with power", you can see how he is blasting the ball into the net
Goal GIF Link: https://imgur.com/a/5c6Jzpw

Kakuta, player with "cuts inside" and "shots from distance"
1078488946_kakutagoal.gif.1e11c84e658aaaaa4993f6fba4da160c.gif

Edited by Marko1989

Transfer offers for young players are so stupid. I'm a PL team and I'm getting endless insanely low offers for my u18 players. Why would a PL side ever sell a promising (or even not so much) youngster for 23k €? It makes no sense. And what's worse, it's not a one weird offer - they keep coming all window long. Stupid.

29 minutes ago, Metal said:

Can anyone tell me if the december update that's coming will be save-game compatible or if new save will be required?

In general these are save game compatible. If the update contains data changes then a new save is required to use these data changes but you should be able to continue with save based on the original starting data you had

1 hour ago, Iwabik said:

Transfer offers for young players are so stupid. I'm a PL team and I'm getting endless insanely low offers for my u18 players. Why would a PL side ever sell a promising (or even not so much) youngster for 23k €? It makes no sense. And what's worse, it's not a one weird offer - they keep coming all window long. Stupid.

this is so annoying

One thing I see a lot is that wingers playing with inside foot are lot less likely to cross than IFs and IWs.

Also, IFs and IWs with stay narrow don't go much outside to cross, and maybe that's why there are non believers of the bug, that or they don't play on full game/extended highlights, because to me and friends who use virgin IF/IW roles, the only way they seem to cut in is when they are off the ball.

Just a quick enquiry really, as I don't know what specific kind of issue this is and don't want to start a thread somewhere that's in the wrong place.

You see, I've made my own team from scratch and placed them in the fourth tier of the Scottish eague system.

Fast forward one year and we've had a group of youths come through, who have no fixtures to play aside from friendlies and there was no option for us to join a league.

In addition to this, I had a goalkeeper injury and brought my U18 'keeper up to sit on the bench - I am now unable to move him back to the U18 squad and he's been there listed as perpetually available for the U18 team as that's the only way I can get it to work around.

Is this a Scottish specific data issue, is this a bug in the game or have I not been thorough enough in creating my team?

Like I said, I don't want to start a thread that's ultimately in the wrong place as I know you guys have plenty of those issues on the regular, I just want to if there's a solution and what it is or if I've discovered an issue.

I have attached a screenshot showing how I cannot move him back to the Under 18s.

Bishopbriggs_ Players.png

6 hours ago, Metal said:

Can anyone tell me if the december update that's coming will be save-game compatible or if new save will be 

Updates are always compatible with saved games as far as I can remember.  

Regarding the IF/IW issue - I can't say I study the highlights too much, I just got annoyed that whoever I put there doesn't play very well. In a team with a 30-1-1 record they are hovering around the 7.0 mark (Smith Rowe and Saka) and not really getting involved enough in games (or at least goals and asists, which are overly powerful in getting high ratings). It always seems there's certain positions that don't get a good rating no matter how good the player you put there. It's constraining, and you never know if it's poor form or the players are being shackled by playing in a position the game doesn't allow to play well.

Edited by kevinb41

15 minutes ago, kevinb41 said:

Regarding the IF/IW issue - I can't say I study the highlights too much, I just got annoyed that whoever I put there doesn't play very well. In a team with a 30-1-1 record they are hovering around the 7.0 mark (Smith Rowe and Saka) and not really getting involved enough in games (or at least goals and asists, which are overly powerful in getting high ratings). It always seems there's certain positions that don't get a good rating no matter how good the player you put there. It's constraining, and you never know if it's poor form or the players are being shackled by playing in a position the game doesn't allow to play well.

Play with a WB on Attack, not very wide, and see what happens 

13 hours ago, MrPompey said:

In general these are save game compatible. If the update contains data changes then a new save is required to use these data changes but you should be able to continue with save based on the original starting data you had

Do you happen to know if there's a fix later this month for the Dynamic Youth Ratings bug if this would be a new save - not sure if it would constitute a data change or not?  I've put my save on hold for over a week as I didn't want to waste time on continuing if I had to start again.  Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, duesouth said:

Do you happen to know if there's a fix later this month for the Dynamic Youth Ratings bug if this would be a new save - not sure if it would constitute a data change or not?  I've put my save on hold for over a week as I didn't want to waste time on continuing if I had to start again.  Thanks in advance.

I'm afraid no-one outside of SI will know the content of the likely Xmas FM Update. 

Do you have a bug raised for this in the bugs forum? If so it wouldn't hurt to post a comment in the thread to ask if SI need any more info / evidence etc. If not get one raised  asap. I wouldn't know if the fix would constitute a data change but you could ask in the bug thread for this issue

13 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

I'm afraid no-one outside of SI will know the content of the likely Xmas FM Update. 

Do you have a bug raised for this in the bugs forum? If so it wouldn't hurt to post a comment in the thread to ask if SI need any more info / evidence etc. If not get one raised  asap. I wouldn't know if the fix would constitute a data change but you could ask in the bug thread for this issue

Someone else raised a bug thread (linked below), which is set to "known issue" - sounds like SI are working on a fix ("currently under review with our dev team").  I asked Andrew James in that thread, and Neil Brock in the other thread discussing the issue in this part of the forum, but no response from either.  Don't want to spam them as I know they are busy, but at the same time would love to know if I'm save to continue my save or not.

Is it just me and my save or are most talented regens in the future right wingers?!

Also, it would be nice if there were some regen fullbacks who actually knew how to cross.. Of about 6000 full backs under 21 years old, only TWO had a crossing attribute of more than 11.... This at the year of 2030.

I'm also seeing some absolute WORLD CLASS regens with very low attributes on both consistency and important matches. Seems unrealistic imo.

Edited by Tjorven

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but I'm getting a lot of issues with unhappy players that need resting. I see this problem as two-fold. Firstly. My tactic is not that intensive (Intensity bar is around 60% full) however, a lot of my top players can barely play 2 games in a row. My staff are always raising fitness concerns. Also, to add to this, my training intensity is around 50% at most as well. 

Secondly, the above results in a lot of unhappy players because they aren't starting enough games to a point where my star striker has handed in a transfer request because he hasn't been fit enough to start the last 4 games after I told him that he would get more starts.. Their condition is rarely above "Good" and they have the "Rst" symbol next to them. Most of my senior players are younger than 26 and have Stamina and Natural Fitness above 14.

I accept that I am playing in the league, 2 cups and the champions league, but I feel like this is a bit unrealistic.

Is this something that others have had similar issues with? Or am I reading too much into what the game is telling me and I should play them anyway?

Edited by alanfishead

1 minute ago, Matteo3champions said:

someone has downloaded an FM 22 file with real media?

This isn't related to FM22 feedback so would be best to ask your question in the correct section. :thup:

hace 18 horas, MrPompey dijo:

Saying NEVER is only a summary way of explaining an issue if the statement is correct, its clearly not correct so its made up as you well know and all credibility gets lost. Im not saying there is no issue but I can assure you I see my IW cutting in on his right foot of the left wing and shooting and cetainly more than 1/1000 attempts

In terms of reporting issue then the Bugs section is the place to do that if its not done already. The Devs will not visit this forum to find issues to fix, this is a feedback forum

If it helps I personally find the FM22 ME quite fun to watch some of the animations, passing, crosses etc etc but its one of the worst for realism in terms possession stats, shots, types of goals scored and ease at which I win games that Ive not seen in previous versions ever etc. There are bugs returning that have been logged before in previous releases. I also personally find FM22 the worst version released in terms of quality control, response to bugs and desire to recreate bugs. It feels like The QA team have either received modules late for testing or the QA capability has been significantly reduced. So many issues logged that receive no SI acknowledgement they are under review. It would be better in my opinion to focus on the large number of issues, issues that have been outstanding for years in annual release, the really obvious issues and get this right rather than introducing new elements as the overall reception of new good functions is lost in the frustration of key issues and obvious issues on release.

It is absolutely false that IF cuts inside as often as they should. And if you deny a bug that SI recognize I think you should not be so arrogant to judge the credibility of others.

The important thing is not the expression never or almost never. The important thing is the bug, not my command of words in a language that is not mine.

I reported it in the corresponding place and SI answered me, confirming the bug that for some strange reason you insist on discussing. I only answered one user who asked.

I will not continue discussing the existence or not about a bug qualified as a known issue for SI. I wish they fix everything possible and there will be a better game for everyone.

My inside forward is regularly getting 10+ goals and assists so not having any issue with that.

Overall ME seems good, don’t think I’ve ever looked at how much possession I had (it’s about winning) so probably any issues don’t really affect me.

The new transfer system is much more realistic.

7 minutes ago, woodsy1983 said:

My inside forward is regularly getting 10+ goals and assists so not having any issue with that.

Overall ME seems good, don’t think I’ve ever looked at how much possession I had (it’s about winning) so probably any issues don’t really affect me.

The new transfer system is much more realistic.

This is your other comment: "Playing commentary only I never really pay any attention to how the match engine plays, football is about winning in my eyes"

Such a weird thing to lie about, you either don't play commentary only or you have no idea how the ME actually looks but you're defending it here.

25 minutes ago, david_kax said:

It is absolutely false that IF cuts inside as often as they should. And if you deny a bug that SI recognize I think you should not be so arrogant to judge the credibility of others.

The important thing is not the expression never or almost never. The important thing is the bug, not my command of words in a language that is not mine.

I reported it in the corresponding place and SI answered me, confirming the bug that for some strange reason you insist on discussing. I only answered one user who asked.

I will not continue discussing the existence or not about a bug qualified as a known issue for SI. I wish they fix everything possible and there will be a better game for everyone.

You need to read my post again. I said its incorrect to say they never cut inside which you claimed. I have played a full season I've seen this happen many times and goals getting scored. In addition people have posted game action in this thread that shows the IF's cutting inside, shooting and scoring.  I also said I'm not saying there isnt an issue, that means Im agreeing. Im saying its incorrect to say it never happens as it does

45 minutes ago, markoscouse said:

This is your other comment: "Playing commentary only I never really pay any attention to how the match engine plays, football is about winning in my eyes"

Such a weird thing to lie about, you either don't play commentary only or you have no idea how the ME actually looks but you're defending it here.

The ME is different to how it plays out on screen, that’s just the visual representation. The same things happen on commentary only as they do on full highlights. Maybe previous post was badly worded, more like I never pay attention to how it looks as animations are misleading sometimes.

My striker gets good numbers for goals, my wide players get numbers on goals and assists that I would expect etc. Basically what I expect my tactic to do, it seems to be doing it which is my basis for being happy with the ME.

Edited by woodsy1983

5 hours ago, duesouth said:

Someone else raised a bug thread (linked below), which is set to "known issue" - sounds like SI are working on a fix ("currently under review with our dev team").  I asked Andrew James in that thread, and Neil Brock in the other thread discussing the issue in this part of the forum, but no response from either.  Don't want to spam them as I know they are busy, but at the same time would love to know if I'm save to continue my save or not.

No-one will be able to tell you anything definitive.  Likely not even SI (and they wouldn't if they could).  Generally, as others have said, fixes are save game compatible.  For the most part, if a fix has some component in the database, then you'll need a new save.  If it's something more core or logic related, then you'll usually be fine.  But that's a general rule, and not necessarily how it will work in practice.

hace 1 hora, MrPompey dijo:

You need to read my post again. I said its incorrect to say they never cut inside which you claimed. I have played a full season I've seen this happen many times and goals getting scored. In addition people have posted game action in this thread that shows the IF's cutting inside, shooting and scoring.  I also said I'm not saying there isnt an issue, that means Im agreeing. Im saying its incorrect to say it never happens as it does

I'm sorry, I don't speak English as well as you and surely I don't always express myself in the best way but I don't think that affects my credibility.

The problem is that IF / IW have an exaggerated tendency to run towards the wing and finish the majority of times with a weak-leg cross or a back pass and very rarely cut inside even though they are ordered to do so. Which generates several problems such as the inadequate performance of these roles that very rarely cut inside, excessive number of crossing, counterattacks that end up in the corner flag ...

You don't deny the problem but at the same time you say "IF cut inside many times". If IF cut inside many times, the problem would not exist. And it exists but you have the right to continue denying the evidence, but to say that IF cut inside "many times" is even more wrong than to say that they never do. Otherwise it would not be a known issue for SI Games

Edited by david_kax

I'm in my third season with Bradford. Some quick thoughts - I do think it might be slightly too easy at the moment. Playing a 433 with a slightly modified gegenpress (an inverted wingback and a winger on one side and a slight toning down being the main modifications) I romped to title wins in the first two seasons and am now third in the Championship with a squad that should really be midtable at best. Brendan Wiredu, who's a decent, athletic midfielder but hardly Frank Lampard, has got 15 goals midway through the season as a central midfielder with an attack duty. Paudie O'Connor - again, a decent, slowish, aggressive defender who's been with us since League Two, has a 97 per cent pass completion rate or something along those lines, which seems implausible.

On the other hand, I don't see a lot of the problems adduced on here about style of play. My inverted winger behaves more or less as I'd expect him to; I've also seen some lovely central play and a wide variety of goals. I'm enjoying it, although I feel slightly unsure of the source of my unexpected success. I know that part of it is just the momentum thing, which makes starting with a biggish club below their station a bit of an easy ride, but I'd anticipated more of a challenge in the Championship. Although I did get spanked 3-9 by City in the cup, with a couple of lovely consolation goals from my man Wiredu.

22 hours ago, Iwabik said:

Adding up to this, I just got 22 (!!!!) offers just for my u18 keeper just during the deadline day (overall 31 offers for u18 players, not one sensible), all around 10k. Moreover, I got 40 (!!!!!!!!) offers for him during the last week of transfer window. All around 10k. Insanity. I'm afraid to even think how much offers I got during the whole transfer window. Transfer AI literally doesn't learn or react to anything player does. Like, why would anyone think "Hmm, they refused previous 40 offers, so let's offer exactly the same". It makes 0 sense and I feel like the ridiculous transfer AI gets overlook due to ME issues.

Just now, Iwabik said:

Adding up to this, I just got 22 (!!!!) offers just for my u18 keeper just during the deadline day (overall 31 offers for u18 players, not one sensible), all around 10k. Moreover, I got 40 (!!!!!!!!) offers for him during the last week of transfer window. All around 10k. Insanity. I'm afraid to even think how much offers I got during the whole transfer window. Transfer AI literally doesn't learn or react to anything player does. Like, why would anyone think "Hmm, they refused previous 40 offers, so let's offer exactly the same". It makes 0 sense and I feel like the ridiculous transfer AI gets overlook due to ME issues.

Please report suspected issues in the bugs forum, ideally with examples to reproduce.

7 minutes ago, Iwabik said:

Are you sure you haven't set his transfer value at 10k? I had the same thing, but then I found I had put his transfer value at that price by mistake. So if you set that to Unspecified, this should not happen like that.

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

Are you sure you haven't set his transfer value at 10k? I had the same thing, but then I found I had put his transfer value at that price by mistake. So if you set that to Unspecified, this should not happen like that.

Nope. Value is unspecified. However, it turns out he is transfer listed by request, I don't remember doing this but never mind, I still shouldn't get 40 offers in a week without any change in offered fee. His value, for example, is 28-275k and he has 4 years of contract left. He might not be the hottest prospect, but still, offering under 10k for a u18 player to PL side is ridiculous.

And again, ...as I said many info (about clauses, etc.) are wrong but now i cant get even some solid amount of transferbudget at Real Madrid. Now Man City bids 140 mil on Haaland while i just had 60 mil. But did you not followed last summers soap with Real Madrid, Mbappe and Psg? Didnt Real Madrid had the possibility to even bid 200 mil on Mbappe! And in my save i ticked no transfers in first summer. I would think i would get even more maybe in the next summer but no, how is that!? 

Edit: And why does my salary total dont change after the contracts of Bale and Marcelo were over? The salary i have available should go up with 900k! -_- 

Or Casemiro wants to leave, to go to City. Saying he wants more money, i give him that, and suddenly he wants more. Now he wants to end his contract and leave. Saying he doesnt love the club as u might think? 
Like really wtheck is going on!? What a mess! 

Edited by f.zaarour

hace 11 horas, Tjorven dijo:

Is it just me and my save or are most talented regens in the future right wingers?!

Also, it would be nice if there were some regen fullbacks who actually knew how to cross.. Of about 6000 full backs under 21 years old, only TWO had a crossing attribute of more than 11.... This at the year of 2030.

I'm also seeing some absolute WORLD CLASS regens with very low attributes on both consistency and important matches. Seems unrealistic imo.

I reported this in FM21 already but it’s also legacy from FM20 at least. The game is not producing quality FB/WB, most of the regens in that position are more CBs than FBs/WBs regarding the attributes, most of them with low crossing and dribbling attributes.

Here you can read my thread past year about it.

Edited by Icy

10 hours ago, alanfishead said:

....unhappy players because they aren't starting enough games to a point where my star striker has handed in a transfer request because he hasn't been fit enough to start the last 4 games after I told him that he would get more starts.

that's been a bugbear for several FM generations: please could we point out to unhappy players that they haven't been fit? If you stick them in when their match fitness is 0 and physio is recommending 45 minutes max, at best you get a poor performance, and at worst another injury, although at least they don't moan *while* they're injured 

1 hour ago, Icy said:

I reported this in FM21 already but it’s also legacy from FM20 at least. The game is not producing quality FB/WB, most of the regens in that position are more CBs than FBs/WBs regarding the attributes, most of them with low crossing and dribbling attributes.

Here you can read my thread past year about it.

Might be worthwhile to report it in the bug tracker. The majority of Regen fullbacks do tend to be defensive minded and not really that technically great.