*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

• SI Staff
12 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

The game is entirely scripted and on rails though and was more so in prior years, with players not being able to leave discs of area etc prior to this years game as per SI and their own publicly available PR videos.

This is another misinterpretation I'm afraid, this was talking about how the animations are played, which doesn't affect the simulation itself.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

So the graphical representation is not a representation of the simulation...okay! Rolls eyes so hard he has a stroke.

You were saying events are scripted, that is just patently untrue, maybe the represntation can't show as well as we'd like but it doesn't affect the results or stats

3 minutes ago, EdL said:

You were saying events are scripted, that is just patently untrue, maybe the represntation can't show as well as we'd like but it doesn't affect the results or stats

Yes my point is the ME is scripted  in the sense it is a video Game choosing from a limited amount of choices per dice roll.

Scripted is maybe a poor choice of words but real life isn't limited by a set number of already written outcomes like the ME is.

29 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

So the graphical representation is not a representation of the simulation...okay! Rolls eyes so hard he has a stroke.

Have you thought why when you apply a shout during a game this taken action after a highlight being over and not during?

7 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Yes my point is the ME is scripted  in the sense it is a video Game choosing from a limited amount of choices per dice roll.

Scripted is maybe a poor choice of words but real life isn't limited by a set number of already written outcomes like the ME is.

The way I always understood the match engine to work is that the game is actually calculated at the start of every game, based on certain factors like tactical settings, player quality, motivation, jadedness of the players and probably a lot more factors. Now if you want to be harsh you can say "oh see this is scripted." However, whenever you make tactical changes, use a shout, make a substitution the game will get resimulated from the point in time that you made a change. Sometimes it will end up changing nothing, because the odds were simply too much stacked against you, but sometimes your changes will end up making the decisive difference.

I would also argue there is another factor at play here which sometimes gives us the feeling of lacking influence over the game. You all know those days, no matter what you do, no matter the chances you create you'll end up getting "FMed". But we have to recognize that football is unique in that regard. As a manager you can do everything right, buy the best players, make the best most fined tuned tactic in the world and still end up losing and that is the point where we feel like having no control and the outcome was scripted anyway. I totally get that, I feel like that time and time again but ultimately it's just like with the real managers, they can just set up their team in the best way they know how and then hope it's enough to see the boys through the day.

That being said, I would love to one day see a football manager game that puts 22 AI agents on the field which are representations of the real players and make them duke it out in real time but I also reckon FM isn't really suited to this kind of approach because most of us don't really want to watch every game in real time, do we?

2 hours ago, Flohrinho said:

You all know those days, no matter what you do, no matter the chances you create you'll end up getting "FMed"

Thats usually just a fun excuse we make. In most cases you shouldn't get FMed, unless you yourself decided to try something. I've seen loads of saves where someone has had a really high xG lose to a weaker team. Upon deeper inspection it was a case of low average xG losing to one chance by the opposition which was a really high xG. At the moment, there are issues with the match engine which will give people a stronger feeling of helplessness, like seeing crosses being unchallenged. However its possible to defend the near post during corner routines.

55 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

Thats usually just a fun excuse we make. In most cases you shouldn't get FMed, unless you yourself decided to try something. I've seen loads of saves where someone has had a really high xG lose to a weaker team. Upon deeper inspection it was a case of low average xG losing to one chance by the opposition which was a really high xG. At the moment, there are issues with the match engine which will give people a stronger feeling of helplessness, like seeing crosses being unchallenged. However its possible to defend the near post during corner routines.

No doubt that can also be the case but just yesterday I had a game where my team missed a penalty, didn't score from 2 one on ones with the keeper and had half a dozen okay chances, just to concede in the 92nd minute to a ball played in between my two CBs. Those games happen irl as well though, so I don't really get angry at them tbh.

15 hours ago, afailed10 said:

Have you loaded enough leagues so many buying clubs are active? Having a big database and few leagues can be detrimental in such cases.

Yes, I loaded the top 5 leagues along with about 10 others.

42 minutes ago, Flohrinho said:

No doubt that can also be the case but just yesterday I had a game where my team missed a penalty, didn't score from 2 one on ones with the keeper and had half a dozen okay chances, just to concede in the 92nd minute to a ball played in between my two CBs. Those games happen irl as well though, so I don't really get angry at them tbh.

My favorite team in IRL, got "FMed" multiple times.
I am getting "FMed" in FM as well (with other teams).
It's my whole life. LOL

In first 20 minutes I can understand if we gonna win the game or not. When I see my LB, RB getting 6.1 in first 20 minutes - I know it's gonna be hard and hoping for 1-0 loss and not 5-0 (lol).

This is the first time I have ever considered going back to last years game.

We do so much to add realism to the game, kits, player faces, stadiums, logos, badges etc and then they give us Regens like this.

Is it just me or are they dreadful this year. I mean they do look like cartoon characters.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but on my Birmingham City save at the end of my first season I got given a transfer budget of £300k and I was £8k over my wage budget going into the summer transfer window. The clubs balance was £3mil and one of my objectives was to turn around the finances. As a result of the financial position I could only retain 10% of transfer revenue.

Fast forward a month or two I managed to clear out a load of players and raise a lot of funds, bank balance is now £21 million and I am £35k under the wage budget. I have requested the board increase the % of transfer revenue to which they said no, and then I asked them to increase the transfer budget as our finances are now in a great place and their response was no as they had only just changed the transfer budget....however they haven't. Is this a bug or is that them referring to them setting the original summer budget of £300k?

Whether it is a bug or not I am pretty hacked off as I thought they might give me a few million after I raised almost £20mil for them and sold a few first team regulars. Guess it's going to be a long, gruelling season!

7 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

My favorite team in IRL, got "FMed" multiple times.
I am getting "FMed" in FM as well (with other teams).
It's my whole life. LOL

In first 20 minutes I can understand if we gonna win the game or not. When I see my LB, RB getting 6.1 in first 20 minutes - I know it's gonna be hard and hoping for 1-0 loss and not 5-0 (lol).

So that's what being "FMed" means. Yes, that happens to me as well. Having most of the chances in the match but losing. And I don't mind it, because there is an element of luck to football.

However, when it happens every other match, I have no choice but to conclude that I must be doing something wrong, although it may not appear like it on the surface because the stats supposedly are encouraging. At the moment, after watching hours of the ME, I have concluded that possession football does not work, and that I must succeed with balls over the top. That is to say, either possession does not work, or I am not implementing it properly. So now I'm going to watch more hours of the ME while using a much more direct play style. If that doesn't work, I suppose the last resort is to watch the replays of the league-leading team and see where their goals are coming from lol.

Well, the good news is that the FM 22 ME is easier to watch than the last ME I was on, which is 20. There is more variety in the match and players make more logical decisions, so I don't feel like I am just watching the same clip over and over. However, I do think that they don't behave very well when trying to encourage central play in particular.

For example, players do not seem to like passing to players in the center of the pitch even if the central player is not being marked directly, but there is an opposing player just in the general area. Wide players don't have a problem passing to central players, but defenders don't pass to CMs (often enough), CMs don't pass to other CMs (often enough), and CMs don't pass to AMCs or DLFs (often enough). I already use a 4312 formation with four midfielders and the pitch is as wide as possible to provide space needed to play in the center and make the ball do the work. So I feel like I have tried to find ways to fix this.

But I am not going to assume that this is an ME issue until I have tried every possible way to remedy possession football from my end, including possibly the most obvious one: having better players than the other teams, which is not currently true in my save. Right now, I am assuming the game is telling me you are not supposed to be able to play possession football unless your team is clearly the better one. Kudos to SI for a great game though, I still need more hours to investigate everything properly, and that's a testament to the incredible work that's been done.

I have not reached the transfer window yet because I spent a lot of time watching the ME, so my only two gripes are these:

(1) Why does it take so long to train a tactic? I have a tactic trained to complete perfection. I decided to change one or two elements of it...not the whole thing, mind you. I just switched from Positive to Balanced and from Short Passing to Normal Passing. That doesn't seem like a drastic change to me, but apparently it takes a month of maximum Match Tactics training possible, just to perfect those two somewhat-minor changes I made? Since I was only training that one tactic, one month seems a bit lengthy to me.

(2) Why is it so hard to improve the Teamwork attribute? I give my team so many possession-based sessions, and that doesn't seem to make any difference. But Teamwork is, I think, one of the attributes that a coach should have the most influence on.

21 minutes ago, WizbaII said:

Well, the good news is that the FM 22 ME is easier to watch than the last ME I was on, which is 20. There is more variety in the match and players make more logical decisions, so I don't feel like I am just watching the same clip over and over. However, I do think that they don't behave very well when trying to encourage central play in particular.

This! ... Is major for me i noticed. On FM21 it was set pieces all over. I watch my game on 2D Extend. highlights and man oh man, i couldnt bear it anymore. Not enjoyable as i only was seeing set piece plays, and goals from set pieces. But luckily now it changed with FM22 for sure, which makes it more enjoyable to play. More variety indeed. Yes things still needs improvement, espec. the use of the Var, which doesnt work properly (is being looked at). But for im fine gladly because FM21 was no fun at all. 

3 minutes ago, DoubleR said:

With all the bugs and issues this year football manager is turning more and more into a game where you want to start playing on 22.2.0/1 patch and everything until that moment is a prolonged beta. Why? Because we accept the game not being done on release and they fix it for the big influx around the holidays. 

I would love to play it right now but I see so many issues that will only get fixed for new saves that I have decided to wait. Next year I’ll just wait with buying until it’s actually the 1.0 version (patch 23.2.1) 

Had come in to post much the same.  It feels particularly bad this year.  That bugs like not being able to see the attributes of trial players after their trial period ends get through testing amazes me - is the testing cohort a representative sample of the player base?  Hey ho, will check back for the first main update in a few weeks time.

Can someone remind me when we usually see the update? I’m determined to wait for some of the creases to be ironed out before investing serious time in the game.

cheers

Edited by janrzm

Just now, janrzm said:

Am someone remind me when we usually see the update? I’m determined to wait for some of the creases to be ironed out before investing serious time in the game.

cheers

As I said.. right before the holidays. Last year it was 19th of december so expect mid/end of December 

8 hours ago, Womaz said:

This is the first time I have ever considered going back to last years game.

We do so much to add realism to the game, kits, player faces, stadiums, logos, badges etc and then they give us Regens like this.

Is it just me or are they dreadful this year. I mean they do look like cartoon characters.

You can download real regen faces from Zeeland. 

1 hour ago, WHUkain21 said:

You can download real regen faces from Zeeland. 

Oh yeah, I tried this once in FM 21 out of curiosity as the regens' faces were acceptable and I just couldn't be bothered to do this every in game year. This year however, I use them whenever I have new regen in team as I can't look at their faces lmao. They are sooo bad

Hi guys,

I've been playing the game since FM19, usually getting the annual releases late into the lifespan when the game has been on sale or free as it was for a while through Epic Games store. I've enjoyed the games immensely and have been happy with the progress game has gone through during these recent years.

This year I decided to buy preorder the game for the first time and I've been hugely disappointed. Match Engine has a lot of problems, which break the immersion of the game and make it unplayable for me at the moment. There has been no communication about when we can expect these issues to be fixed either.

I understand SI is a small developer and I'd like support you guys the best I can, but these kinds of launches don't really encourage me to pay the full price for the product, if I can get the finished product later at a reduced price as I've been before.

Edited by Sopamaa

My stadium expansion always gets refused due to planning permission (tried 3 times), and the board refuses to build a new stadium (I suppose because the current one can still be expanded).

This seems a bit broken as my club is almost maxed out for attendance and this makes it impossible to grow.

Here's some feedback from me again, after playing several full seasons across different saves. I am now in my fourth season with Man Utd (usually either play with them, or some random tiny club). Since it's feedback we're discussing, I will focus on things I think could be improved:

- There are too many interruptions when playing the game. It really doesn't need to stop processing for every random news article, like if a former player commented on the form of someone from the squad, or some random manager wants to loan someone from my reserves. I've learned by now that this is actually game telling me something (especially when someone praises or criticizes the performance of a player of mine), but really, that can wait until the next game, I don't have to constantly be interrupted by it. I want an option, for instance, to have the monthly staff meeting always be a summary in my inbox, once a month, not that I always have to click a button to request a summary. Same for all other meetings. I delegate all media handling to the assistant and then forget about it, but I'm still interrupted in the 'tunnel' - here I just click continue, so I guess I just pass by those people, ignoring them? When I started the save, I rejected the initial press conference, and it seems to have made a lot of journalists angry, judging by the comment I got in the inbox. However, nothing has happened yet (or maybe it would, if I bothered to go to a press conference).

- It's very nice that I can delegate so many things and just focus on the game, but then also please remove training sessions from the calendar that pops up during processing. It's a lot of clutter and I've no idea what it all means. You see, I run a company of my own, and I'm a firm believer in delegating things to trusted people, and once I do that, they only come to me when they have a problem they can't solve. If one of them would email me every. single. day. about the current progress and that today we trained patient attacking, I'd lose my mind. Even with all the delegating going on, my job is still 24/7, so the people we bring to do a job are of great help if they just go and do it well, and occasionally we have a steering/progress meeting. But the meetings in FM are almost identical every time, hence the very useful 'send summary to inbox' option.

- All the analysis and scouting report are fancy to look at, but again, they shouldn't be shoved down my throat, they should be available on request. Why can't I turn off scouting reports, especially during transfer windows? Why can't I tell them to stop bothering me? Monthly reports are very important, I use those a lot, but again, because I asked for them for the things I need to know about. And again - these would be useful if they weren't practically identical every time.

- And now the biggest and the most important issue I have with the game: it is too, too easy, and as such, it gets boring a lot faster than previous editions. I don't know if I know more about football than before or I am better at playing the game, however: in all previous editions, I sometimes struggled, sometimes did well, but winning the Champions League was always a big thing, because in all honesty, I maybe won it 5-6 times in all the previous games. That suddenly changed with last year's edition when I won literally everything over and over again and again. I attributed that to the fact I played FM21 on Switch, but I am playing FM22 on desktop, and my current save with Man Utd: three seasons of winning literally everything and dominating everywhere and breaking all sorts of records in the process. I have three Champions Leagues in a row, winning last season's semi final 13-2 on aggregate. We broke the league record for points, goals scored, games won, you name it, and we are in a 60-match unbeaten run. I, uh, never had it like that before and my tactic isn't even all that great. I think. It's not using any corner exploits (my CBs have maybe 4-5 goals per season), but from what I can tell - high pressing and attacking tactics are something the AI can't cope with. The same was in my other saves, bar one, where Liverpool went on a crazy three-year streak where they lost one single game in three seasons and their left back had 30-40 assists per season. I don't mind winning, but the excitement is pretty much gone in the fourth season, and I have very little motivation to try something else, since it will almost certainly come down to that again. I don't know where the problem is, probably a little bit of everything - AI tactics, team buildings, training? Beats me, I do understand that the Premier League will probably dominate for a while now, with all the other leagues in decline, so in a sense maybe it is realistic, but hm.

- And finally: I think the game is modelled on the Premier League and the football being played there. Makes sense, it is the main market and probably what most people are playing, but it shows. Again, understandable, though something maybe to work on in the future.

- That and the regen faces. They look like they came from outer space.

The good things, because nobody likes being criticized? Well, the fun factor is through the roof, like always, and the investment in terms of hours played vs money paid is rivalled by Civilization perhaps, and some other God-tier games. And I guess by Witcher 3? The game is simply brilliant at dragging me into its world and making me believe I am running a football club and it still, since the CM 3 times (I'm 39) manages to make me dream and fantasize and think about my tactics and players when I go to bed. Hell, Frans LeBrun, the best regen I ever had, somewhere in regen Heaven now, the only player I ever trained who had 200 CA and PA (had to take a peak, couldn't resist).

So yes, all these issues are tiny in the comparison to the fun and joy and sometimes frustration the game provides. Oh and forgot one thing: I love how players can be unreasonable (from my point of view) and how we can have chats that can go terribly wrong and I have to fire people. This happens in real life (very rarely, but happens), and I guess a lot more often in the world of football, where you have all sorts of characters suddenly earning millions. That part is really well done, and makes you appreciate more the ones that are more professional and, dare I say, normal.

Any reason they've gone so hard on the playing time promises this year? Every season i end up with a list of over half the first team, furious about their playing time having played pretty much every league game and relevant cup game, and having to check the promises page before games to see how many days left you have to make players turn from orange to green. Tiresome stuff.

Just doesn't feel like something that happens at all, stories of players storming the coaches office to complain about not playing away at Burton Albion and home to Mura before coming back in for Liverpool.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Purple Bane said:

Any reason they've gone so hard on the playing time promises this year? Every season i end up with a list of over half the first team, furious about their playing time having played pretty much every league game and relevant cup game, and having to check the promises page before games to see how many days left you have to make players turn from orange to green. Tiresome stuff.

Just doesn't feel like something that happens at all, stories of players storming the coaches office to complain about not playing away at Burton Albion and home to Mura before coming back in for Liverpool.

If you have any examples where you think a player has played the requisite number of games but still becomes unhappy, please raise it via our Bug Tracker here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/569_dynamics-interactions-press-conferences-club-vision-staff-appointments-meetings/

If you can provide a save game which shows this, please do upload it and let us know the file name when raising it. Details on how to provide a save game here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

The thing that is driving me crazy for the last 10 years still has not been adressed, which is players demanding new contracts. Now, I have no problem with that but I have a proble how it is implemented in the game. If I sign a player on a 5 year contract with the salary he agreed to, him asking for a new contract after only 6 months after is completely unrealistic. It should be at least 2 years before he asks for a raise. This way you have the option of paying him more just 6 months after you bought him or risk him being unhappy and maybe lowering morale of the dressing room. And even if you agree to a new contract, he will ask for a new contract soon after again if he is good. I find it tedious and very unrealistic, it really should be adressed already and fixed. Or at least as a manager there shoud be an option to tell him, you just signed a contract X months ago and there will be no revisions until you do 2 years on this contract. It could even be included it the contract talks when you are negotiating. For example: "your salary will be X and there will be no re-negotiating for the first 2 years of the contract" or something like that. Can we please have this fixed for the next version of the game?

Okay more contract negotiations feedback. I'm currently playing a save game with Barcelona. The contract negotiations seem a tad weird though. First I had to let go of quite a lot of the older players because they all, without fail wanted at least 400k pw.

So what is happening here? Is it because I by now have quite a bit of room in the wage budget again after shipping off a lot of the big earners or is it normal to average players like 400k in la Liga? The thing is when I compare for example Lenglet with a defender on his level, Militao for example he is earning 180k pw, I would even go up to 250k pw for Lenglet but not to 400k, that's nuts and already hurt when I had to offer de Jong that much money to stay.

It's another trend next to the fact that every player who has set to foot on our pitch twice in his life feels he should get a contract as an important player.

Next one, wanted to prolong with Fati, he had an okay season last year, nothing extraordinary but he clearly is one of my biggest talents. Aged 19 wants 500k pw, 100k per game, 90k per goal. What is this? How am I supposed to keep Barca from bankruptcy if every single one of my players, bar youth players, asks for contracts like this. I'm not unreasonable I even would have given him 350k, which would instantly made him one of the best paid players in my squad, but they just shut down talks completely.

Edited by Flohrinho

6 hours ago, Zoolok42 said:

Here's some feedback from me again, after playing several full seasons across different saves. I am now in my fourth season with Man Utd (usually either play with them, or some random tiny club). Since it's feedback we're discussing, I will focus on things I think could be improved:

- There are too many interruptions when playing the game. It really doesn't need to stop processing for every random news article, like if a former player commented on the form of someone from the squad, or some random manager wants to loan someone from my reserves. I've learned by now that this is actually game telling me something (especially when someone praises or criticizes the performance of a player of mine), but really, that can wait until the next game, I don't have to constantly be interrupted by it. I want an option, for instance, to have the monthly staff meeting always be a summary in my inbox, once a month, not that I always have to click a button to request a summary. Same for all other meetings. I delegate all media handling to the assistant and then forget about it, but I'm still interrupted in the 'tunnel' - here I just click continue, so I guess I just pass by those people, ignoring them? When I started the save, I rejected the initial press conference, and it seems to have made a lot of journalists angry, judging by the comment I got in the inbox. However, nothing has happened yet (or maybe it would, if I bothered to go to a press conference).

- It's very nice that I can delegate so many things and just focus on the game, but then also please remove training sessions from the calendar that pops up during processing. It's a lot of clutter and I've no idea what it all means. You see, I run a company of my own, and I'm a firm believer in delegating things to trusted people, and once I do that, they only come to me when they have a problem they can't solve. If one of them would email me every. single. day. about the current progress and that today we trained patient attacking, I'd lose my mind. Even with all the delegating going on, my job is still 24/7, so the people we bring to do a job are of great help if they just go and do it well, and occasionally we have a steering/progress meeting. But the meetings in FM are almost identical every time, hence the very useful 'send summary to inbox' option.

- All the analysis and scouting report are fancy to look at, but again, they shouldn't be shoved down my throat, they should be available on request. Why can't I turn off scouting reports, especially during transfer windows? Why can't I tell them to stop bothering me? Monthly reports are very important, I use those a lot, but again, because I asked for them for the things I need to know about. And again - these would be useful if they weren't practically identical every time.

- And now the biggest and the most important issue I have with the game: it is too, too easy, and as such, it gets boring a lot faster than previous editions. I don't know if I know more about football than before or I am better at playing the game, however: in all previous editions, I sometimes struggled, sometimes did well, but winning the Champions League was always a big thing, because in all honesty, I maybe won it 5-6 times in all the previous games. That suddenly changed with last year's edition when I won literally everything over and over again and again. I attributed that to the fact I played FM21 on Switch, but I am playing FM22 on desktop, and my current save with Man Utd: three seasons of winning literally everything and dominating everywhere and breaking all sorts of records in the process. I have three Champions Leagues in a row, winning last season's semi final 13-2 on aggregate. We broke the league record for points, goals scored, games won, you name it, and we are in a 60-match unbeaten run. I, uh, never had it like that before and my tactic isn't even all that great. I think. It's not using any corner exploits (my CBs have maybe 4-5 goals per season), but from what I can tell - high pressing and attacking tactics are something the AI can't cope with. The same was in my other saves, bar one, where Liverpool went on a crazy three-year streak where they lost one single game in three seasons and their left back had 30-40 assists per season. I don't mind winning, but the excitement is pretty much gone in the fourth season, and I have very little motivation to try something else, since it will almost certainly come down to that again. I don't know where the problem is, probably a little bit of everything - AI tactics, team buildings, training? Beats me, I do understand that the Premier League will probably dominate for a while now, with all the other leagues in decline, so in a sense maybe it is realistic, but hm.

- And finally: I think the game is modelled on the Premier League and the football being played there. Makes sense, it is the main market and probably what most people are playing, but it shows. Again, understandable, though something maybe to work on in the future.

- That and the regen faces. They look like they came from outer space.

The good things, because nobody likes being criticized? Well, the fun factor is through the roof, like always, and the investment in terms of hours played vs money paid is rivalled by Civilization perhaps, and some other God-tier games. And I guess by Witcher 3? The game is simply brilliant at dragging me into its world and making me believe I am running a football club and it still, since the CM 3 times (I'm 39) manages to make me dream and fantasize and think about my tactics and players when I go to bed. Hell, Frans LeBrun, the best regen I ever had, somewhere in regen Heaven now, the only player I ever trained who had 200 CA and PA (had to take a peak, couldn't resist).

So yes, all these issues are tiny in the comparison to the fun and joy and sometimes frustration the game provides. Oh and forgot one thing: I love how players can be unreasonable (from my point of view) and how we can have chats that can go terribly wrong and I have to fire people. This happens in real life (very rarely, but happens), and I guess a lot more often in the world of football, where you have all sorts of characters suddenly earning millions. That part is really well done, and makes you appreciate more the ones that are more professional and, dare I say, normal.

I didn't even play FM 2022 and I bet Man Utd is overrated team, of course it will be easy, I assume it is hard to code AI to make good squad building decisions so yeah, the game may be easier than before, but you can always make it harder by playing with small teams. If the game was very hard, or realistic, we would never be able to win anything with small teams, so this difficulty is not necessarily a bad thing. 

What I did to make my game harder, is mass edit with editor. 

I did mass edit of players like this - 

For all players in game with Potential Ability 120-130 I have increased their PA to 150

For players with Potential Ability of 130-140, I have increased their PA to 160. And so on, all the players in the game got PA upgrade. 

I play Serie A with Bologna and there are many good players now in the league. ( I am playing Fm 2021, didn't buy this years eidition ). Cagliari for example became good team without many transfer because they had good young players with good PA. Now AI teams don't have to buy players that much, with increased PA many teams are now stronger even without tranfers. It became interesting to me, good players appearing from nowhere, and I think as the time goes, AI players will develop even further and it will be even more difficult for me. Alongside big teams, some small teams are becoimng stronger. And now it is also much more harder for me to buy any player because of the increased PA, teams won't let players easily. I just wish there is Dynamic Potential in the game so the PA can increase in the game naturally so AI players can develop even further. 

Edited by Marko1989

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

This is why Im frustrated with the ME, never ever finished like this in any FM release with so many points, so many games won, so easy to score goals etc:

image.thumb.png.3871d684bb2830744a6bb65b3ef1a4dd.png

Things look good with Pompey! Yeah I am having the same experience, but I cheezed it. I wanted to experience having two keepers from the same team score headed goals in one game.

58 minutes ago, WizbaII said:

MrPompey, what do you think is wrong with the ME to cause that?

Its difficult to say. I play gengen press, maybe that is over powered, pass completion rates are far higher than real life. I seem to be getting a far higher than previous versions number of shots & shots on target than the opposition. The ME is nice to watch but Im just doing too well and much better than any previous ME.

Ive also not used the potential near post corner bug

The more I play the more this ME feels like the mess that FM20's was...

So many goals are from set pieces. Corners are OP. Direct free kicks are OP. Loads of highlights that start with a throw in near the byline end up with a quick cross and a goal.

FM20 at times felt like the match engine had no real clue how to generate goals from open play moves and instead resorted to set pieces. And this is so much more of the same.

Near post corners have been broken for years, and still nothing has been done to fix them. Someone on YouTube got Donarumma to score 44 goals in a season using them!

I guess this is a consequence from the lack of pressing working up top, but I'm finding it hard to implement a long-ball style in the lower divisions - mainly because any long ball that's a bit wayward just trundles on to a keeper or is easily recovered by a defender, before popping a few passes around and working it back up the pitch against me. It does mean that the main way to have success at the lower level is to play from the back even if you've just got the most no-nonsense of giant, non-technically gifted and composed players at the back when it should really be the other way round

Does anyone know if there's any issues starting a save using Gamepass before getting the game on steam?

I ask because I started a save on gamepass before continuing it on steam, payday happened, but no achievements are unlocking on steam.

Is it because I'll have unlocked these on gamepass and it's won't trigger on steam?

1 minute ago, zapata said:

Does anyone know if there's any issues starting a save using Gamepass before getting the game on steam?

I ask because I started a save on gamepass before continuing it on steam, payday happened, but no achievements are unlocking on steam.

Is it because I'll have unlocked these on gamepass and it's won't trigger on steam?

Might be worth a post in the technical forum

6 hours ago, Dequila said:

I think that's basically the meme of the horrible financial administration of barca, which is true in real life as well -> see their struggles to register 25 players for La Liga.

Yeah seems like it. Griezmann coming back after loan took exactly 6 games into the new season before starting to ask for a better contract... he is on 750k pw, I mean what even is this? A bad joke? He ain't getting any, instead I'm demoting him and putting him on the transfer list, feck him and the horse he rode in on.

Is this a bug or something? I don't understand.

image.thumb.png.be4f8f0df6c1947d2dfc5449e27d6fd5.png

How can a player who has a Knowledge Level of 10%, a Knowledge Level so low that he doesn't even have attribute ranges, be given a rating at all? And how can he be given a rating as high as a C? And how is a C grade considered a superb signing, either now or in the future?

And if the player hasn't been scouted properly, why not just put his attribute range from 3-18, or something like that, instead of a bunch of dashes? When I search for a player, I like to search by Attribute. The problem with the dashes is that, if I search for an Attribute that only appears as a dash in the player profile, then the player will not show up in my search, as if the player doesn't even exist. But, surely, if I know that the player exists, I can at least have the courtesy of his Attributes being listed as 1-20, so that when I search by attribute, he can actually appear in my searches. I already know that his Attributes must be somewhere between 1 and 20, so I don't know what there is to gain by not stating that in their profile.

I'm not sure if I should be logging this or if part or all of this was actually intentional.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, WizbaII said:

Is this a bug or something? I don't understand.

How can a player who has a Knowledge Level of 10%, a Knowledge Level so low that he doesn't even have attribute ranges, be given a rating at all? And how can he be given a rating as high as a C? And how is a C grade considered a superb signing, either now or in the future?

And if the player hasn't been scouted properly, why not just put his attribute range from 3-18, or something like that, instead of a bunch of dashes? When I search for a player, I like to search by Attribute. The problem with the dashes is that, if I search for an Attribute that only appears as a dash in the player profile, then the player will not show up in my search, as if the player doesn't even exist. But, surely, if I know that the player exists, I can at least have the courtesy of his Attributes being listed as 1-20, so that when I search by attribute, he can actually appear in my searches. I already know that his Attributes must be somewhere between 1 and 20, so I don't know what there is to gain by not stating that in their profile.

I'm not sure if I should be logging this or if part or all of this was actually intentional.

Worth clicking on the scout summary to see why they have been recommended as a C. You do have knowledge to see some of the positions the player is capable of playing in which is probably why it's around 10%. But there may be extra detail within the report itself. 

42 minutes ago, samwilzrhcp said:

Has there been an update including real life managerial changes?  Last time I played Eddie Howe wasn’t at Newcastle yet, that’s just one example.   

Apart from a small game play update, there have not been any major updates since launch.  There may be data changes included in the next update which usually drops in mid- late December.

il y a 21 minutes, FrazT a dit :

Apart from a small game play update, there have not been any major updates since launch.  There may be data changes included in the next update which usually drops in mid- late December.

Are there match engine updates in that usual mid-late december update? I hope so because at the moment the possession bug makes the game unplayable to me as I play possession football.