*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

I'm busy this weekend, I know. First real extended session in FM22, now that I've found a save i'm happy with.

Does The Game Recognise a Permanent Signing From a Triallist?

FM22_SigningvTriallist.thumb.png.7f40b0edbc0be5ebd20eaaa44339e30a.png

In the above image we have a comparison between two players in similar positions. Burgess is a new signing on loan. Rowe is a player on trial at the club.

There is no guarantee that Rowe will remain at the club. In fact since I signed Burgess he probably won't.

Why doesn't the journalist recognise that Rowe is a triallist?

I thought about bugging this but I don't think it's technically a bug, possibly just a coding issue for journalists to recognise a triallist. Maybe questions have been added that do not take triallist in to account. Therefore I am just adding it as feedback. I've copied the save, so if someone at SI wants to recommend me bugging this I will.

Now, on the other hand, should journalists compare permanent players with triallists? I don't see why not, to be honest, but the issue is that I should be able to point out that Rowe is only on trial and that Burgess is currently favoured for that reason. Currently the only option is really the neutral one.

Game needs to either not draw comparisons with triallists or give the manager an option to highlight a player is only on trial.

EDIT: Incidentally, has the game moved the option to request a player welcome a new signing to the club? On the news item for a signing I get an option to have a player welcome the new guy to the club. I like to be able to chose who does the welcoming though. I feel it must have a chance of starting friendships.

I can't find the option to ask anyone to do the welcoming though.

FM22_welcome.png.4a42be8d406ef280b12677958fe57ac3.png

On Thompson's discuss menu I can't find any option to have even him welcome the signing. I can't even find it on my captain or vice-captain's discuss menu.

Are we really limited to whoever the game thinks should welcome a player?

Edited by anagain

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, anagain said:

EDIT: There is one thing I'd like to see happen more. That is knockdowns. If a high cross comes in to the box players at the back post seem to regularly go for goal when knocking down to another player in the box could be a better option.

Yeah, players still seem too eager to try low xG headers instead of either controlling it with their chest (especially when they're at the back post unmarked), or trying to lay it off for a player in a better position to shoot.

First-time crosses are also a rarity and I saw someone bring that up before, wide players don't seem to recognise that they don't always need to take (at least) an extra touch, or that they don't have to dribble right to the byline to whip a cross in.

15 horas atrás, Footix disse:

So, I'm a long time FMT player but as we don't have a FMT this year I figured I'd give the full version a go. Downloaded the demo. 

After 30 minutes I started thinking if SI ever do any testing on how new players cope with the game. With my FMT experience I already know a good chunk of it, but I felt an immense information overload. It was just so overwhelming, it felt like I really "should" be spending hours and hours tweaking and clicking everything before clicking continue, if I was to play the game "properly". Felt like a real job, tbh. If I was a newcomer with zero FM experience I can imagine I'd feel very, very lost. 

Question for you experienced players out there. When you start a new game. How much time do you typically spend before you hit continue for the first time? 

It's back to FMT 21 for me. I thought about picking up the Xbox edition, but it has so many limitations. What a shame. :( 

I agree. Having played FM so many years, these pre-season meetings and press-conferences is all just a big chore, because in essence they are still the same all these years.

And it seems there's even more information to go through this year. I personally just skip everything even if breaks much of the immersion. I cba making my 3D character even. 

Loving the full release so far, was critical of the beta ME but I think the full release one is better than FM21. The most pleasing thing for me is the cutbacks, I know it's a small thing but I got so used to wingers just running blind and shooting on all previous FMs, now they're playing much more intelligently, and these little cutbacks are how most good teams seem to score IRL so this makes the ME much more realistic imo.

The main thing that needs to be worked on, for me, are player and board interactions. Just to take one example. I am managing a team predicted to be fighting relegation, have a great run at the end of the season, manage to qualify for Europa II. We get the league prize money, finances are "okay" at £4.5m (this is Russian Premier League). I ask to increase % of transfer revenue, board refuse because of "our poor run of form". I then sell our best player for £11m, ask to upgrade training facilities (which just got downgraded) but the board refuse first because of poor form, and then because of poor finances (the £11m is coming in 2 weeks' time, once the window opens).

So this "poor form" things looks like a bug, and the second thing is that the board seem a bit shortsighted or too conservative when making decisions.

On the other new features, I'm still not using the data hub but the deadline day has grown on me. I also find it harder to find good players, partly because you can no longer sort by transfer value as effectively, and youth development is hard, both of which are probably good things. The youth development with poor facilities does look too slow, even though it was probably too fast on previous FMs. Also, has anyone at SI confirmed whether the "no need to loan out players before 18" thing is still true? I find that players develop much better with game time on loan, seemingly even before 18.

Headers and crosses seem to be very OP this year, no doubt this will be fixed at one stage. Also finding some games very frustrating regarding stats and in particular the XG. Losing/drawing so many games despite having XG of 2.5 or above and the opposition having a ridiculous low XG around 0.5 etc. I know teams can smash and grab but seems to happen way too often so far.

Overall, enjoying this years edition but very frustrating at times.

10 hours ago, anagain said:

I thought about bugging this but I don't think it's technically a bug, possibly just a coding issue for journalists to recognise a triallist. Maybe questions have been added that do not take triallist in to account. Therefore I am just adding it as feedback. I've copied the save, so if someone at SI wants to recommend me bugging this I will.

This is still a bug and should be logged for sure. A bug is when the game doesnt work as expected.

The game in general has issues with distinguishing between trialists and signings.

1 hour ago, diLLa88 said:

I wonder when we can expect a patch as, apart from several minor fixes, we haven't gotten anything yet since launch of beta in terms of updates or news regarding upcoming updates.

Pretty sure there would have been a 1.0 day one patch. SI don't list patch notes for the release build though. 

31 minutes ago, Razoor1860 said:

Hi together,

where can i find the option to delete scout reports? i didnt find them

is it not in the game anymore?

i want to delete scout reports of some bad players i don´t need..

i hope you can help me

Not in game atm, but should be in the same place as it has always been. Either in the player's scout menu or in the scouting section. I know it is still there as when I cancelled a player's scouting this weekend I got a message to say my scouts wouldn't follow him or suggest him again. 

On 20/11/2021 at 18:01, bahmet said:

Having a bunch of problems in the game, developers could release small fixes more often. For example, once every 2 weeks.

I think this will reduce community discontent.

I think the launch date for the game should be moved back until December for future editions with a longer Beta period to help ensure the game is released in a better condition. The majority of the bugs and feedback on this thread should have been addressed upon the game's release. 

Player development slower than previous years and it's a fact! 

First of all i want to say thank you SI for this beautifull match engine. Honestly i enjoyed it like never before and i have been playing this game for more than 15 years and it's been a big part of my life. I even think number of crosses and headers is reflection of things we see in real life. In my opinion there is no reason for change and variation of goals we see in fm 22 is perfection, there is such a nice balance between headers, lobs, placed shots, set pieces goals, fortunate goals etc etc. 

Unfortunetly in my opinion the biggest problem this year is players development. Something is wrong without a doubt. I have 4 stars facilities, i have all coaches in all categories with at least 4 and a half stars. My players are perfoming amazingly in training with rating more than 9. I am playing in Premier league, i am playing in latter stages of european competitions. Player ratings, game time and personalities of my players are amazing. So i have almost perfect conditions to develope players and with my experience from so many years of playing it is so easy to compare things and notice that you made some mistake this year and you changed something. For me the biggest satisfaction of playing fm is player development espescially because every save that i play lasts at least 10 or 15 seasons.

Anyone else noticed this?

Where should i report this?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Serbia! :) 

11 hours ago, dkouv said:

Also, has anyone at SI confirmed whether the "no need to loan out players before 18" thing is still true? I find that players develop much better with game time on loan, seemingly even before 18.

They didnt actually say this, they said that training is more important than game time. That doesnt mean game time isnt important though so no surprise good training and game time led to better development for you.

11 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Player development in previous FMs was way too easy and having good facilities basically ensured your good prospects would become good

No it was not. It was very realistic and it gave us a legitimate chance to develop players full potential. 

Now it looks almost impossible. It's not about facilities like i said i gave them regular starter playing time, with best coaches, with good ratings, a lot of assist and goals, with good training schedule designed to develop some key stats, they had good level of proffesionalism amition and determination. They played in euro cup final and i won title in premier league, but still nothing, maybe 2 attributes per year. It's ridiculous. 

Edited by WHUkain21

3 minutes ago, WHUkain21 said:

No it was not. It was very realistic and it gave us a legitimate chance to develop players full potential. 

Now it looks almost impossible. It's not about facilities like i said i gave them regular starter playing time, with best coaches, with good ratings, a lot of assist and goals, with good training schedule designed to develop some key stats, they had good level of proffesionalism amition and determination. They played in euro cup final and i won title in premier league, but still nothing, maybe 2 marks per year. It's ridiculous. 

There does seem to be some issues with player development that SI are working on so that might solve the issues you are having, if indeed they are issues. I maintain that player development in previous games happened too quick though and changes have been made to make it slower now.

Edited by Platinum

3 hours ago, WHUkain21 said:

Now it looks almost impossible. It's not about facilities like i said i gave them regular starter playing time, with best coaches, with good ratings, a lot of assist and goals, with good training schedule designed to develop some key stats, they had good level of proffesionalism amition and determination. They played in euro cup final and i won title in premier league, but still nothing, maybe 2 attributes per year. It's ridiculous. 

Nah, sorry, player development in previous versions of FM was absolutely not realistic. Literally every player that came through your academy could develop go their full potential and a very quick and easy rate. That simply does not happen irl. Very few 'generational talents' have hit their potential by age 20 for example.

This doesn't really do it for me.

image.png.3f9e33cc40bb5dc13d1552382b4e2491.png

Am I the only one who misses the old match reports, when they had a written excerpt highlighting something each player did particularly well or poorly? That was my favorite thing to do after a match.

image.png.71a2176e5471ce46bfc32d41edf5b3e4.png

5 hours ago, Platinum said:

They didnt actually say this, they said that training is more important than game time. That doesnt mean game time isnt important though so no surprise good training and game time led to better development for you.

Is this a new change for FM 22? Game time was always a necessity in previous games to yield any real growth.

1 hour ago, dannyfc said:

Is this a new change for FM 22? Game time was always a necessity in previous games to yield any real growth.

It's been this way at least since FM17, when the module was re-worked. I am not sure exactly how it worked before then.

Match experience can certainly help, but training, coaches and facilities are more important before 18. Match experience becomes essential once a player turns 18 though. 

@Rashidi Thanks for the input, appreciate it. Training was one of the areas where I went like "there's no way I'm gonna get this right..." and just clicked away. And tbf it's a bit disappointing to learn you can delegate all the press conferences, meetings etc. I took my time reading all the possible replies and combining them with gestures etc, I'm sure I spent 10 minutes on a single press conference. If they're totally not important, why are they even there. 

I managed to "properly annoy" my squad in a team meeting too, even when I tried giving sensible answers. Great start! :lol:

Edited by Footix

6 hours ago, WHUkain21 said:

How was it even realistic? You could easily abuse the old mentoring system to get every player to have high determination and high professionalism and there will be guaranteed a few young players from the academy every year that could make the first team at age 18. You could fill half of your squad with homegrown players as PSG and win everything with an average squad age of 24 because player development is so broken. I am glad they tone it down a bit now. 

Edited by zyfon5

10 hours ago, Renyy said:

I'd also appreciate a way to not see 40 bids in my inbox every day.

This and 100% this, it's so annoying, AI transfers are just dumb still. I reject a bid for a player and then the AI comes back the next day with basically the same bid, and then the next day, and then the next day, meanwhile 5 other teams are also doing the exact same thing. 

But then you have the stupid asking price thing, where you basically don't want to sell the player but might if you get a really high bid, except you can't put that as an asking price because the player doesn't accept it and player values make no sense. I have really good first team players with 3-4 years on their contracts who would be first teamers for PL teams easily, but the game seems to think me asking for more than £10 million for them is absurd. 

I have a 17 year old regen who has been starring in the first team for like two seasons, he's been getting into the Danish national team squads, he scored like 15 goals last year, 5 star potential but the AI keeps offering me like £500k for him.... 

And they do that over and over. 

7 hours ago, WHUkain21 said:

Player development slower than previous years and it's a fact! 

First of all i want to say thank you SI for this beautifull match engine. Honestly i enjoyed it like never before and i have been playing this game for more than 15 years and it's been a big part of my life. I even think number of crosses and headers is reflection of things we see in real life. In my opinion there is no reason for change and variation of goals we see in fm 22 is perfection, there is such a nice balance between headers, lobs, placed shots, set pieces goals, fortunate goals etc etc. 

Unfortunetly in my opinion the biggest problem this year is players development. Something is wrong without a doubt. I have 4 stars facilities, i have all coaches in all categories with at least 4 and a half stars. My players are perfoming amazingly in training with rating more than 9. I am playing in Premier league, i am playing in latter stages of european competitions. Player ratings, game time and personalities of my players are amazing. So i have almost perfect conditions to develope players and with my experience from so many years of playing it is so easy to compare things and notice that you made some mistake this year and you changed something. For me the biggest satisfaction of playing fm is player development espescially because every save that i play lasts at least 10 or 15 seasons.

Anyone else noticed this?

Where should i report this?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Serbia! :) 

I've not had any real issues, I've had 17 year olds who've rapidly improved in less than a year. 

41 minutes ago, FrazT said:

@Rooneys 32nd minute headersI advised you in our last discussion that unless there was a game stopping issue, there would be no hotfixes before the December update, so your post has been hidden.

I mean I've had plenty of people contact me here, Reddit and Twitter to confirm it's a game-stopping issue for them too, but I understand

6 hours ago, ScotsmanFM said:

Nah, sorry, player development in previous versions of FM was absolutely not realistic. Literally every player that came through your academy could develop go their full potential and a very quick and easy rate. That simply does not happen irl. Very few 'generational talents' have hit their potential by age 20 for example.

4 hours ago, zyfon5 said:

How was it even realistic? You could easily abuse the old mentoring system to get every player to have high determination and high professionalism and there will be guaranteed a few young players from the academy every year that could make the first team at age 18. You could fill half of your squad with homegrown players as PSG and win everything with an average squad age of 24 because player development is so broken. I am glad they tone it down a bit now. 

I have never heared before that someone was complaining about development speed.

So guys you want to say that now is realistic?

Players can develop 2 or 3 attributes per year and yet we see SI changes player attributes drastically after one good year in real life ?

Like i said i had close to perfect conditions do develope players.

Roman Yevgenyev 23 years old player playing for me in WHU

-started all PL games, started almost all EURO CUP games including euro cup final and played in FA cup final

-Determination 16, work rate 13, proffesionalism 14 and ambition 14

-avarage rating in both competitions more than 7.0

- all staff more than 4 and half stars, facilities 4 stars.

He developed only one attribute in more than a year and you want to say it is realistic now?

And i can give you so many examples like this. You want to say it's realistic not to have a chance to develope players? 

Like i said this is the best ME ever but this is destroying the game. 

4 minutes ago, El_sambo said:

I'm just gonna ask simply...

Has anyone seen even once an inside forward/ winger run down the wing cut back and inswing a cross

Or come in and hit a shot on their strong foot?

If so please can you show a video. I've literally never seen this 

I agree with you mate. I noticed the same. 

1 minute ago, WHUkain21 said:

If you are not seeing the problem here then maybe the problem is not with the game. If you want to argue with me that players should develop more past 23 yrs old rather than some arbitrary soft cap like it is right now then I can agree with you but the pace of development is not the issue right now.

2 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

If you are not seeing the problem here then maybe the problem is not with the game. If you want to argue with me that players should develop more past 23 yrs old rather than some arbitrary soft cap like it is right now then I can agree with you but the pace of development is not the issue right now.

Yevgenyev current ability 124, potential abillity 147.

The same happaned with 20 or 21 year old players its not about the age i gave this only as example. 

I don't want to argue but i just want to say now there is no realistic chance to fulfill player full potential and in previous years there was realistic chance and thats all. There is nothing we can do but this is a FACT and you will also notice this after some time of playing believe me. 

Stay strong bro and believe me i am playing this game for more than 15 years, i look at it in a complex way and when i say some complainment i say it after a long analysis. 

Can someone explain to me how match load works for AI teams? They seem to have different rules for them than human players.

For example, Erling Haaland has played every minute of every game for 17 club matches plus 5 international fixtures and has a match load of light and orange fitness despite playing 3 games in a week (although he is a little jaded and could do with a rest). Dortmund seem to be playing a high-intensity pressing system.

I've also noticed that Mane and Salah are able to play full seasons for Liverpool, only missing an occasional game, and seem to not drop much fitness in a Gegenpress side.

When I was playing my Southampton save, Ward-Prowse often needed subbing or resting despite me playing a middle-block counter attacking side with medium intensity and him having incredible natural fitness and stamina, and him playing a DLP(Defend) role where he didn't have to do much running, and me giving him occasional days off training if his fitness worried me.

Is this intentional, is there a bug, or is there another way to manage player fitness that I'm missing?

AI Match Condition.jpg

3 hours ago, DarJ said:

This was last year

All right so someone was complaining about this last year and they even made it worse and slower player development this year, ahahaha no sense.

Just why is SI changing good things? I mean regen faces were better in fm 15 then 7 years later. And player devloplment the same. Just crazy... 

4 hours ago, WHUkain21 said:

I have never heared before that someone was complaining about development speed.

So guys you want to say that now is realistic?

Players can develop 2 or 3 attributes per year and yet we see SI changes player attributes drastically after one good year in real life ?

Like i said i had close to perfect conditions do develope players.

-started all PL games, started almost all EURO CUP games including euro cup final and played in FA cup final

-Determination 16, work rate 13, proffesionalism 14 and ambition 14

-avarage rating in both competitions more than 7.0

- all staff more than 4 and half stars, facilities 4 stars.

He developed only one attribute in more than a year and you want to say it is realistic now?

And i can give you so many examples like this. You want to say it's realistic not to have a chance to develope players? 

Like i said this is the best ME ever but this is destroying the game. 

If you have perfect conditions for developing players then your players will develop, over time. It seems to me, based on being 5 seasons in, that players will maybe have 1 or 2 exponential growth periods during this time and steady increases in between. Whereas before, even last year, players were seeing exponential growth year after year. Your bang average player could have been playing to full potential by the time he was 20. That's just not realistic in the slightest and makes the game a lot easier.

The difference now, it seems, is that you can't buy a South American wonderkid at 17 and have him playing to full potential by 19. It takes longer to unlock that and you're maybe looking at 23 or 24 before it happens.

Edited by ScotsmanFM

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, (sic) said:

The player is valued at 74mil BY THE GAME ITSELF. So why are clubs submitting such an extremely low offers?

Worth flagging here ideally with a save game just before the first team makes an offer - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/transfers-contracts-scouting-recruitment-meetings-and-staff-responsibilities/

Details on how to upload the save game here, please remember if you do to mention the name in the 'issue' you create so our team can take a look  - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

16 hours ago, Platinum said:

Yes, I should have said whether SI said anything about the game time vs training importance being rebalanced for FM22.

I was actually a long time believer that both are important at all ages. But then playing the youth challenge I saw that U18  youth players typically develop better at the club than when loaned out, even with relatively poor facilities. In FM22, I'm noticing the opposite, that development seems to be much faster on loan for all age groups. But the sample size is small and I haven't done any proper tests, so I'm trying to figure out whether to change my development strategy.

Are you loaning out U18 (age-wise) players in your game?

20 minutes ago, dkouv said:

Yes, I should have said whether SI said anything about the game time vs training importance being rebalanced for FM22.

I was actually a long time believer that both are important at all ages. But then playing the youth challenge I saw that U18  youth players typically develop better at the club than when loaned out, even with relatively poor facilities. In FM22, I'm noticing the opposite, that development seems to be much faster on loan for all age groups. But the sample size is small and I haven't done any proper tests, so I'm trying to figure out whether to change my development strategy.

Are you loaning out U18 (age-wise) players in your game?

Tbh, it's getting a bit further than feedback on the game itself. Would you mind creating a thread in the tactics and training section of the forum? That way the discussion can continue, while others can continue leaving feedback. Tag me and Platinum etc in the thread so we can get involved. Thanks.

Is there any feedback from coaches anymore on the tactics screen when 'contextual advice' has been checked next to coaching in Staff --> Responsibilities --> Advice and Reports?

Its getting a bit annoying constantly riding teams rotten, 25-30-35 shots on at goal plenty on target and scoring heehaw. Firstly, practically nobody ever has that amount of shots at goal and if they did then the chances of not one of them going anywhere other than straight at the keeper are less than zero. Im not talking about long range efforts either. Its not very realistic.

38 minutes ago, Obaaa said:

Does anyone know if we should expect an update/patch soon? Plenty of bugs from the beta remain in the game and I know most game developers seem to release early patches these days.

Nobody will know if and when updates are released, but there is normally a large update sometime in December and there is no reason to doubt that this will change this year.

6 hours ago, puffascruffowitz said:

Need to track this definitively, but seems like I'm being shown the same players in scout reports all the time. Once scouting is complete I don't need to keep seeeing the player show up

I can confirm, I get multiple emails that a scout report is finished for the same player. I assume the player is being continuously scouted and we get a fresh report each time? If so can we can turn off all but the first "report done" notifications? If it isn't a new report each time then why is the inbox being clogged with repeat emails.