*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

3 hours ago, MrPompey said:

I think the challenge here is getting it logged in the bugs forum so SI pick it up as the Devs are very unlikely to see it here in this forum. Im not sure if its already logged or not.The additional saves may help in a quicker issue resolution. I dont think there has been feedback it wont get fixed, but perhaps if its not in the formal bug log it may not do so

Of course its personal choice what anyone does when they find an issue. Personally I find it quite rewarding to find and log one when it eventually gets fixed as its to my benefit and other gamers. Perhaps the greater frustration is to log them and then they dont get fixed

I appreciate you are posting a personal view. If I had found some obscure bug that takes unique circumstances that no self-respecting dev would ever normally replicate in their testing, then I'd also have that feeling. However, all I did was finish 11th in SPL (to my shame).

I won't comment more on this point, as I expect the 'register bug or not' has been done to death.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love the new ME this year, I loved last years ME too but so far this one seems more realistic to me, as if the physics engine has gotten an overhaul, players no longer do a quick turn and then belt an 80yrd pass with the wrong foot, it just looks more like real life to me.

On the point of IW/IFs never dribbling in-field, it seems to me that different players do the roles differently, not just decided by PPMs but also attributes and maybe prefered position. Some are really ineffective and act like wingers but they cross with their weak foot, others spin into space, while the old one with great vision, technique, passing and horrible physical stats plays a much more slow paced game, looking for space to hit a cross with their strong foot.

The pressing system also seems to make much more sense this way, your team acts like a....team. They do (or dont do) everything together. I dont have any problems dominating possession, but I do look for ways to lure the opposition in, I dont mark out all their passing opportunities and expect them not to pass it between the CBs.

I really hope all this "bugs bugs bugs" talk dont make the Dev team go back on these new inventions just because people cant be bothered to figure out how it works. It may need tweaking, I'm in no position to say this is perfect keep everything this way, but please dont go back to the old "5 guys press, 5 guys defend, set the DL high enough to stay compact and dominate possession that easily".
Most the latest FMs have been really similar to each other, lone AFs dont get involved in the play because they basically act like poachers who also chase loose balls, with this new pressing system we regulars have to re-think much of what we know about the game, I really hope these new systems can make the game a bit more challenging in the future!

What is going on with the pointless passing in the penalty box?! Does the TI "Work ball into box" mean the 6 yrd box or the goal perhaps? Because the amount of pointless passing that is going on in the penalty box is ridiculous. None of the attacking players have PI Shoot less often by the way. Why do they just keep passing instead of shooting?! This is big problem when the player is his back to the goal. Then it's long pass out of the box most of the time. Is SI saying that players in top flight dont know how to turn around if they're a bit under pressure. This has been a thing forever but seems to now be at it's peak.

Edited by Tuoppi

7 hours ago, autohoratio said:

Would really like if SI brought back being able to watch the full match when watching a previous match. Having to watch in a highlight mode means that you have to manually click back in the timeline constantly to try and get around that, because it automatically jumps to the next highlight.

image.png.eb10071a4a5799badb184848a14a1212.png

It's a bug, I've reported it and they've acknowledged it

Edited by Platinum

On 16/11/2021 at 14:58, Pasonen said:

Could it be because he's in windowed mode and not full screen? 

Yes.. I have a 40 inch TV which Is what I use to play on. So because It feels too big I have it windowed and adjusted to a size of my liking. This is what causes the issue (Had to size and resize it slowly to find this out after seeing this reply)

Looks like I am stuck with this happening 

8 hours ago, zindrinho said:

I absolutely love the new ME this year, I loved last years ME too but so far this one seems more realistic to me, as if the physics engine has gotten an overhaul, players no longer do a quick turn and then belt an 80yrd pass with the wrong foot, it just looks more like real life to me.

Although I have frustrations with this year's ME I do think that some of the new animations are very good and make watching games more 'realistic' (incredibly subjective word I won't even try to define my meaning of).

Some wrinkles to iron out such as how regularly players are tackled after the 180 cut-back, and the way CBs, during goalmouth stramashes, play cute little dink passes to a GK still lying on the floor who then flies to his feet to clear. In general, although I'm yet to decide how long the list of 'good things' about FM22 is, new animations are in my view on it.

4 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

The quickest hat-trick I've had in FM. All headers from my centre half. Aside from the overpowered heading, I am actually quite enjoying the ME since the update yesterday. 

The ME wasn't changed in the patch yesterday.

11 hours ago, autohoratio said:

My above post about Full Match Replays being removed from the game made me remember something Miles said yesterday evening in his Live Q&A Zoom Webinar, which I was one of the people invited to attend.

Although it was nice to hear what he had to say, in one of his answers to a question, he brought up how Football Manager "has never removed a feature from the game" (possibly slightly paraphrasing but he explicity stated that), and that he was very proud of that fact, going on to say how other unnamed studios periodically and intentionally remove features from their games only to reintroduce them in later editions.

But that's not exactly true. I can think of several features that have been removed over the past few editions of the game:

• Several Match Camera views have been removed since FM17 for unknown reasons (I've logged this as a feature request a while back) 
    • (Standard 2D Mode was also removed after FM17 because, IIRC, it required a separate graphics engine to the other modes)
  • Conversation History with players was removed in FM21 for apparent technical reasons (Which is a feature I found incredibly useful and would very much like restored)
  • The bug-plagued and crash-prone Export Highlights feature was removed for FM22 (understandable)
  • Viewing statistics and analysis during matches has been removed because it was "unrealistic and the manager IRL wouldn't have access to them" (I don't agree with this rationale but that's a story for another time)
  • Since FM21 you can't customise the sidebar stats during a match that drop down when you click the scoreboard and you're limited to a single match stats panel in the Dugout menu instead (this can be fixed with custom skins)
  • Custom Zoom levels were removed because they were unintentionally added
  • Full Match Replays were removed for reasons unknown to me
  • Asking a player to sack their agent has been removed because it (apparently) rarely happens in real life
  • Can't turn off AssMan tactical advice anymore

So unless Miles only brought that up because he's proud of SI for not being a "remove-and-reintroduce-later-to-drum-up-hype-and-preorders"  developer, that's a pretty misleading statement to make at best, and a view I'm not inclined to take, seeing as he also mentioned that he was proud that there had never been an FM feature that players widely hated or drew enough negative feedback that it led to removal from the game.

They removed data/analysis facilities that you could upgrade after making a big fuss of them being a new feature the year prior.

Loving this version so far and I think Newcastle may end up just as annoying IRL as they are in FM 22. 

For me they try to buy any half decent player they see. Have gone for 6 of my players within a Jan window alone! Many of the offers are insulting to boot. 

Could definitely see them flailing around in the market IRL too. Very immersive yet annoying :applause:

At risk of being pedantic, in the dressing room screen there is sometimes a pendant hanging on one of the hangers, presumably intended to be exchanged between captains pre-match? (Does that happen every league game? My understanding is no).

In any event, it doesn't seem to be set to hang on the captain's hook, and is often on my never-used teenage sub's hook.

A tiny little point which doesn't affect 'the game'. But regularly seeing it cannot help but remind me of all the other areas of what I would cautiously term sloppiness.

image.thumb.png.abc3ff783026badadc04c5f68abf0db5.png

This screen appears when you have someone on trial, someone else tries to sign them and the WP falls through for that other team.

I've so far only had this happen on (multiple) people I don't want to sign, and sadly Jimi won't currently speak to me owing to previous breakdown in talks.

Is it correct that my team also has to wait 120 days, i.e. does the 120 days apply to the player or the team.

If it is the team, then the message is simply wrong. If it is the player, then the message is just worded a little oddly  and could perhaps be revised - there is no 'unfortunately' from my team's perspective and maybe some wording is needed to say that it fell through for another team, not us, and we can still try but he won't apply for 120 days.

41 minutes ago, WizbaII said:

You don't have to know about coding to realize that, when something happens every year, that means it is normal. Bugs are a normal part of game development. You do not need to know about coding to realize that.

Well if you want to blow your own trumpet then you must take criticism when the trumpet starts playing a bad tune 

25 minutes ago, Theodore Twombly said:

image.thumb.png.abc3ff783026badadc04c5f68abf0db5.png

This screen appears when you have someone on trial, someone else tries to sign them and the WP falls through for that other team.

I've so far only had this happen on (multiple) people I don't want to sign, and sadly Jimi won't currently speak to me owing to previous breakdown in talks.

Is it correct that my team also has to wait 120 days, i.e. does the 120 days apply to the player or the team.

If it is the team, then the message is simply wrong. If it is the player, then the message is just worded a little oddly  and could perhaps be revised - there is no 'unfortunately' from my team's perspective and maybe some wording is needed to say that it fell through for another team, not us, and we can still try but he won't apply for 120 days.

It is the player who needs the WP although the application is done on his behalf by the relevant team

17 hours ago, Bradley21 said:

This stupid loan bug is really annoying me now. Teams are so willing to loan out their players then accept pitiful future fees of half of the amount they want in a transfer, it's such a ridiculous bug and allows big teams to hoover up talent for tiny fees. I've just had £15m for Attila Szalai rejected, but Inter have agreed a 1 year loan with a 1-0m future fee?! Raspadori has been loaned out with a £16m future fee but they rejected £24m? It happens so often and it's completely immersion breaking. 

Have you taken into account how much the loan is costing you for the year? It seems to me that if a player is valued at £10mil and you end up paying £1mil for the loan (wages and fee taken into account) you're only going to pay a £9mil future fee.

43 minutes ago, FrazT said:

It is the player who needs the WP although the application is done on his behalf by the relevant team

I hadn't intended to question that. But does that mean that Club A cannot make another application in respect of Player A for 120 days (but Club B can), or does it mean NO club can make another application for Player A for 120 days. Although your message suggests the second situation, I recall (albeit some time ago) some issues with another team getting a work permit for Collin Samuel not long after Dundee Utd were denied one.  I've also never seen a message in-game saying "you can't apply for a WP for Player B until dd because Club C applied for one xx days ago"

As per my message, the news item is wrong whichever of the two situations applies, just to varying degrees. It may not be a bug, depending on the answer, but is still an error.

It's deadline day in january and I needed a right winger. I am managing BVB, so I see Mahrez is unhappy at Man City and I bring him on loan with option to buy.

And the next thing happened. It was one hour before the end of deadline, Man Utd sent an offer for my first CB, Akanji, and I ofc rejected it. Akanji is furious with me, why did I reject the offer, I said that I need him and will let him go in summer. He wasn't happy at all with that. Ok.

45mins left, again Man Utd with an offer, but now they bid for my second CB, Ahmedhodzic. Again, rejected. Again, the same story with the same result, Ahdmedhodzic unhappy.

30mins left, you can guess. Man utd put an offer, now for Emre Can. Rejected, Emre Can wants to talk, But now, I said if they put another bid, I'd accept it. He is happy and luckily for me, they didn't bid anymore.

Deadline madness. :) 

19 saat önce, autohoratio said:

SI, bir önceki maçı izlerken maçın tamamını izleyebilmeyi geri getirse gerçekten çok isterim. Vurgu modunda izlemek zorunda kalmanız, bunu aşmak için zaman çizelgesinde sürekli olarak manuel olarak geri tıklamanız gerektiği anlamına gelir, çünkü otomatik olarak bir sonraki vurguya atlar.

image.png.eb10071a4a5799badb184848a14a1212.png

This feature definitely needs to be brought back.

hace 19 horas, DhcSylar dijo:

According to the current test results of FM arena,  Finishing has little impact on the winning rate, but this attribute occupies a very high weight of forecourt players, which is really unacceptable to me

1.jpg

2.jpg

This is normal. For example, researchers tend to put central defenders slower than they really are, as an example de Ligt:

- 12 acc & 14 pace

You see Chiesa:

- 16 acc & 18 pace

And this kind of things seems to be a rule: central defender o central midfielers tend to have lower Acc/Pace than they really should.

Then, my theory is that when FM arena reduce Pace/Acc the impact is bigger than with other attributes. If this was corrected it would mean in lower impact of these attributes and bigger of others like composure. Just my guess.

What I use to do is to edit the database tu put these attributes higher in all the CBs and search for the list of fastest players in each league (in example Marcos Llorente only 14-14 while he is equal as fast as Vinicius, who gets 18-17).

4 hours ago, glenjamin said:

Why can't the ME from last year's edition be used for this year's with just some further tweaks to improve it based on a years feedback from this exact thread?

Because first of all the ME is not prefect and will never be. Second of all, it's a balancing act, it's not as simple as "my wingers always cross the ball on the opponents defender, let us fix it and make sure they actually cross" then you'll end up with ever cross going in or "the players are pressing like headless chickens, lets ut try to tone them down" and you end up with players not pressing defenders effectively. 

That's what happens with software development. They could make a "perfect" game one year and the next year, something they tweaked or added could mess-up with that balance. One year is not enough to iron everything out since they also have to work on stuff for the future and like I've said before even with the "bugs" the game world itself is still fairly balanced, Yes you might be scoring more goals from headers then from open play, Yes, centerbacks are not being pressed effectively but at the end of the day when you add up all the numbers they are close enough to what you might get IRL.

Full Release Initial Feedback

So, it's been long enough since full release to give my initial feedback.

In terms of the speed of moving through the game, I feel this is excellent.  In the beta, when my matches had to scroll (particularly with a long ball) it wasn't smooth - this improved on full release - but did take a step back with the release of the patch.  I've put my graphics quality down a level and this has improved.  I'd rather have smooth scroll and be able to follow the ball easier than better graphics.

Bugs wise, I would say the overall game feels less bugged than FM21.  A game this wide that can be played any number of ways is always going to have little bugs from odd scenarios - but this feels more finished.

My main issue with the beta was players being unhappy too much - I am seeing this less, but then my save has changed and I'm now managing at a much lower level where players generally don't complain as much.  I know players in real life probably do complain a lot - but in terms of the game, for me, this did not make it fun at all.

I'm not even an below average user of the pre-game Editor - but there seem to be quite a lot of leagues already up in the Steam workshop.  FM20 and FM21 there seemed to be bugs and delays in the true FM content creators being able to open up unplayable leagues.  So, I want to say "thank you" to the Editor team specifically, but also SI in general for giving the Editor some love - it opens up so many different saves.

Match Engine

So, full disclaimer - I'm playing a dual L5 Italian league and San Marino League save - so low level - and my tactics are not possession based tactics.

I have certainly seen teams near the foot of the table have far greater possession than me.  I wouldn't say this has resulted in a large number of games where I've been "FM'd" - so the end results feel right - but clearly this has to be tweaked.  In my beta save (Schalke), I was trying a possession based tactic and I just couldn't figure out why I was struggling to win the possession battle in some games.  If I had continued with the save, I suspect I would be far more irritated.  When I started my new save, the reason I didn't go for a possession system was partly because of this - I didn't want to put myself in a position where I would be annoyed by this issue.  I'm sure this will be patched - but my view on any changes with the ME is for SI to take their time and get it right.  In FM20 I feel between beta and full release they did rather rush the ME fix in those 2 weeks and the ME never recovered.

Goalkeepers clearances are probably the biggest thing in the game which doesn't look like a real game.  If you watch a match at any level a clearance from a keeper generally results in at least 2 players going up for the ball.  In FM22 he seems to either boot it right into the path of a striker who goes on to get a good chance or straight to the oppo.  Neither seem to get challenged as they would in a real game - so I think it would make sense to make this the next project for the animation team.

The ME is generally good - I'm enjoying playing, but that is partly because I have a "real" San Marino Challenge this year with the formation of Victor San Marino in the Italian league system.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how the new dynamic youth ratings impact this long term save.

I have to admit I haven't quite figured out pressing yet - sometimes I see people press as I would expect, but not always.  The pressing triggers I don't feel give me full control over pressing - but I'm just trying to go with the flow and enjoy the game. I also think perhaps this is the first stage in changes to pressing and SI will give us more control in future FM's - I would certainly welcome that.

The new animations are generally nice - although at times playing a more direct system, I want to see less fancy animation and more get the ball forward.

I know a lot of people don't like the crossing - but for me this feels far more representative of an actual game.  It's a little OP for me, but I generally like it - but again, I am not trying to implement a possession based system and if people who are doing so are seeing too many crosses, that's a problem.

I'm no tactical mastermind, but things that don't feel right to me are:

• Attacking play - players have their backs to goal far too often.  I've noticed this more playing a direct system.  That includes my AF, who I expect to be on the shoulder of the defender, but often looks more like a DLF;
  • I'm still not sold that Inside Forwards and to a slightly lesser extent Inverted Wingers, are acting as they did in previous FM's.  Perhaps SI feel FM22 is a more accurate representation of real world roles - in which case some feedback to us would be nice;
  • I do see too much of the animation where my winger crosses to my IF/IW on the other wing, who has made a run into the box, 6-9 yards out and a harmless header straight into the keeper's hands;
  • I'm not seeing as many counter attacks as I would expect.  I do from set pieces, but not from open play;
  • Too many shots hitting the bar or post;
  • Long shots are OP;
  • Too many perfect GK clearances resulting in a striker getting behind the defensive line and getting a clear cut chance - this has a bit of FM20 about it;
  • Possibly one or two too many dodgy pens - partly the animations don't look like pens - so a second project for the animation team perhaps.

One thing with the match UI is that it's not always easy to see a goal has been disallowed for offside.  This was fixed in FM21, but seems to have gone back a step - I'd really love it to be 100% clear as soon as the ball hits the back of the net that it's offside.  In real life I would look for the offside flag, but you can't always see the Asst Ref on screen.

Things That Need Some Love

Match UI - same feedback as FM21 and the FM22 beta - I can't stand the match UI.  If anything breaks immersion it's this.  The key issue is not being able to access stats until half-time.  I don't have time to play on Comprehensive (long term save which I need to get through at a decent pace - plus getting max 1-2 hours per day to play) and a lot of the time I have no clue what is going on.  I've dropped to key highlights, which is probably not the way forward in terms of trying to be more in control, but extended weren't cutting it and I thought I'd just save some time and fit an extra game or two in.  I will probably think about looking for a skin at some point, but I like the default skin this year and don't really want the general feel of menus to change with a skin.

International management - doesn't appear to have changed.  Lots of great points raised in the international management feature requests discussion - would love to see international management get some much needed love.  Makes sense for FM23 releasing just before a World Cup.  I know not many play international management - but part of the reason is that it hasn't had much love since the CM days and parts of it aren't rewarding.

Overall, I am enjoying playing the game.  As I've already said likely a big part is I have a save I love - and I'm very lucky/excited to be able to play this save because of 2 claassen (legend!) files.  Obviously, the ME is the driver for many - it does need a patch - but I don't feel it's unplayable.  The match UI is the bigger issue for me - and I know SI have put time and money into this new feature - but I think at least giving us a choice of the old or new UI would really help a lot of people's match day enjoyment.

22 hours ago, Bradley21 said:

This stupid loan bug is really annoying me now. Teams are so willing to loan out their players then accept pitiful future fees of half of the amount they want in a transfer, it's such a ridiculous bug and allows big teams to hoover up talent for tiny fees. I've just had £15m for Attila Szalai rejected, but Inter have agreed a 1 year loan with a 1-0m future fee?! Raspadori has been loaned out with a £16m future fee but they rejected £24m? It happens so often and it's completely immersion breaking. 

I'm also receiving this type of offers for my players. Player valued at 26M-34M. Loan value 19.250M

37 yr old football fanatic. Having bought every single version since cm93. On release day without fail.

And for the first time ever after trying the demo that won't be happening which absolutely kills me.

I simply hate the 3d engine. It's cringing to watch. It plays out horribly. It's so primitive I simply just can't get into it whatsoever.

Now I know the 2d is still available but they have given that no attention whatsoever. It's so bland and boring. There's zero graphics or immersion to it. It could literally be a game going on a park. Or a world cup final there's zero difference.

I love playing on 2d as I prefer to fill in the blanks with my imagination rather than actually watch it play out in such a robotic horrible manner ( that just isn't anything like real football)

Go and have a look at FM 12 . The 2d actually looked lovely! Ok the engine itself may of had issues but asthetiically it looked 10x better than today's version!

Why???

I  really wish si had some competition. I yearn to get into a good football management simulation but FM just doesn't do it for me anymore ☹️

One thing I have seen is goals that are obviously onside being referred to VAR- it basically seems like if any part of the attacker is level with any part of the last defender it'll go to VAR even if the attacker was clearly onside. Had one recently where the goal came from a corner and there was clearly a line of three defenders all playing the attacker on but it still had to be VAR checked. Feels excessive.

I think most will agree the definitive version that really made cm/FM ride to the top was cm01/02 .. and why? And that was with plenty of other footie management Sims available that had fancy graphics . Cm was literally text only ! But was still the best .Half the world you played in was made up in your imagination! No silly Boring repetitive press conferences or player chats or 25 different roles for one position (actually true nearly when you combine mentality and role's) etc..

Now of course the game has evolved mostly for the better. But it really has killed it for me how bad the match engine plays out on 3d. 

Edited by El_sambo

Tried the demo but the match engine is as bland as ever.

Nobody goes on mazey run's and beats 2 or 3 player's.

No 1'2s 

No rounding keepers

No inside winger / forward ever cut in and in swing a cross ..or hit a shot on there strong foot

No finishes or shots are ever curled in . Everything is hit straight with laces

Woodwork hit about 8 times a game

Goalies look to small in goals and have horrible animation's. 

Every header at goal goes on or ends up as the same repetitive animation. Header goes straight above goalie head and he just grabs it out the air

Never see a goalie tip a shot over the bar

Boring . Repetitive. Just plain boring to watch. Every goal is the same

4 小时前, Rashidi说:

This thread is for general feedback for the game, not a place to

4 小时前, Rashidi说:

Ultimately soaks like this are totally useless, great for site traffic and eyeballs, but complete garbage. There will be times in the match engine when attributes are not weighted equally, which makes this totally worthless and great for sending gamers down a rabbit hole. 

This thread is for general feedback for the game, not a place to play 'poke the piñata'

easy man,I have no malice.as an ordinary gamer, I just want to understand the underlying logic of the game

Edited by DhcSylar

17 minutes ago, El_sambo said:

No 1'2s 

No rounding keepers

No finishes or shots are ever curled in . Everything is hit straight with laces

These are absolutely false.

I'd have to mostly agree with everything else though.

9 minutes ago, (sic) said:

These are absolutely false.

I'd have to mostly agree with everything else though.

If you could show me footage of these happening I'd welcome that..I should add I've watched alot of streams online wanting to pickup on things to like it. But everytime I see a match it does absolutely nothing for me

1 hour ago, El_sambo said:

I think most will agree the definitive version that really made cm/FM ride to the top was cm01/02 .. and why? And that was with plenty of other footie management Sims available that had fancy graphics . Cm was literally text only ! But was still the best .Half the world you played in was made up in your imagination! No silly Boring repetitive press conferences or player chats or 25 different roles for one position (actually true nearly when you combine mentality and role's) etc..

Now of course the game has evolved mostly for the better. But it really has killed it for me how bad the match engine plays out on 3d. 

And this is why i still play on commentary only and always have. I have no idea if my inside forwards are cutting inside like they should or not. So i have no issues with ME at all.

On 17/11/2021 at 00:45, Theodore Twombly said:

I just finished in the relegation playoff places in the SPL (embarrassing) and all the post-match media questions are about whether I'm delighted to stay up. I dropped into the playoff on final day and the team in 12th was long gone.

Did nobody notice this during beta?

Then before the playoff final it is suggested I hold a team meeting and one of the options is 'the playoff final gives us a chance to meet our targets and gain promotion', another says 'another chance to win promotion and take club to the next level'.

Absolutely embarrassing.

I tried selecting one of those options and the team are upset because getting promotion was never a target. Why might that have been?

Win the tie and then all the press conference questions are about promoted teams not doing that well and how will I prepare for the new level. Sortitoutsi.

End of the season and my two Scottish players loaned from Old Firm return to their clubs at end of season. Apparently they both gained Scottish nationality during the loan. Both are 100% Scottish with no other nationalities.

I've played about 3 seasons in beta and this is my second season in this save, but its the first season I've  noticed the catalogue of errors.

I've just tried to recreate this. Ive holiday'd then taken over a team in SPL who are 11th just before their final league game. Ive then played the final game and lost on purpose to ensure I finish 11th (it was with Livingston). Ive then played all of the play-off games and avoided relegation. All team meetings and press conferences have only referred to relegation, not one mention of promotion before or after the relegation matches that were played.

I guess the issue has either been resolved or Ive not managed to recreate it exactly

Still feel like there's a way to go with nerfing gegenpressing.

In my beta save I played as Hamburg and walked the league, with Heidenheim (predicted to finish 11th) coming up with me. On release day I started as Nuremberg, and I've made it to the winter break. Heidenheim currently sit top of the league, and they went the first 8 games (9 in all comps) without conceding a goal. 

Is there a possibility they drop off in the second half of the season? Of course, but if the drawback of gegenpressing is that it's going to dominate the majority of a season before a team tires out then  I don't consider that much of a fix to the issue. 

It also makes the game feel a bit hollow to play. I've been playing a 4-4-2 with  a lower LOE, more urgent pressing and regroup as some of my TI, and we sit in 6th, exactly where we're predicted, and this sees us 3rd in the xg table. It's hard not to think if I bumped up the LOE, the D line and switched to counter press that we'd start overachieving.

There are a few other little issues I'm looking at, but I'm going to wait for an entire season to play out before I comment on them.