• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

ah man, player search screen still resets :(

THIS* Really really bugs me.

I don't want to be scrolling down a list of players, then click a player only to then have to scroll down the list again to find where I was previously. 

Just finished my 3rd season on the full fat game and I'm still enjoying it but this ME has more issues than the Beta for me. I enjoyed that way more than this one.

Chief amongst those issues are keeper through balls being way too over powered at low levels.

My keeper with 7 assists has finished my highest assister for the season. We finished mid-table in the Northern Irish Prem and I can't say I did anything tactically that would lead to this either. His passing and vision are both 5!

I wish the transfer deadline day was universal. It's the only really big change/feature from FM21 and its not available in Northern Ireland which is a shame because I loved it in Latvia on the Beta.

It setup some really interesting narratives in my head when I panic bought an Italian keeper and he basically supermanned us to a title.

Sadly that's just gone in some leagues for no real reason as far as I can tell.

Staff meetings have been added to press conferences as boring chores I just click through as quickly as possible, at least they are only once a month though.

Overall slightly worse than FM21 but better than 19 and 20 for me.

1 minute ago, kopfan1977 said:

THIS* Really really bugs me.

I don't want to be scrolling down a list of players, then click a player only to then have to scroll down the list again to find where I was previously. 

I get it's a very tiny part of the game but I just can't get a save going at all, I've tried to find workarounds by just right clicking but if you want to make offers or trials then you still need to click in and out and it's just impossible to do any kind of proper searches

• SI Staff
17 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

Anyone know if its possible to change commentary colours? My team is playing in red and the commentary is also a nice red, so I can't read a thing

image.thumb.png.5fe5f35cb940df35b8340df5ccf63ba1.png

That appears to be a data error in the Mexican team 'Mineros de Zacatecas' kit data.

You need to change the text FG colour in the home kit text field to 'white' from 'red' in the editor. Also, edit the number colour to white from red as well in the IGE.

That said, I've just checked the team in the 22.1.1 update and it may well be fixed already?

image.png.d163bfaf74b3ab6601f5ec26fe7abb41.png

Hope that helps. 

Apologies on behalf of the research team for that error.

27 minutes ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

what do you guys mean by this? I don't think I'm having that problem. What I see is once I click on a player and go back to that screen it applies the filter again and takes about 5 seconds but it comes back to where I stopped and it has always been this way

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Thanks Neil, can we get an insight in to the England rule changes so we know if they are significant enough to make it worth starting a new game?

Was to fix the Community Shield talking place on a weekday in the first season, so I would say not. 

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, kopfan1977 said:

@Neil Brock And I got a "Corrupted files" Error message when it tried to update.. is there an issue with the update?

I've just gone down the uninstall route and will install the game again. Fingers crossed I don't encounter any further errors or issues.

Let us know how you get on - may already be covered within the FAQ here if you need further assistance - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/sections/4409218577169-Technical-Issues

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

24 minutes ago, ianscousemac said:

Has the issue with players mentality being labelled incorrectly on the tactics screen been fixed?

If it's not listed in the minor update changelist then it's currently in a position where it's being investigated for a future update. Appreciate with some issues you'd like them addressed as soon as possible, but this most recent update was primarily for stability and performance issues. 

12 minutes ago, DarJ said:

what do you guys mean by this? I don't think I'm having that problem. What I see is once I click on a player and go back to that screen it applies the filter again and takes about 5 seconds but it comes back to where I stopped and it has always been this way

When I click in scouting. Set the parameters for my search or even none you get the list of players interested. When I scroll down the list then and find a player I may be interested in, once i click on said player and view him and then exit that player the screen jumps right back to the top and not back to where I was in the list.

2 minutos atrás, AllTalk disse:

Match engine is still a mess and they waste everybody's time with updates like this? This is how you treat paying customers?

Maybe they are doing several tests so that there are no side effects in other areas of ME

41 minutes ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

I get it's a very tiny part of the game but I just can't get a save going at all, I've tried to find workarounds by just right clicking but if you want to make offers or trials then you still need to click in and out and it's just impossible to do any kind of proper searches

For the time being I just add to my shortlist and view that way ;) 

3 minutes ago, kopfan1977 said:

When I click in scouting. Set the parameters for my search or even none you get the list of players interested. When I scroll down the list then and find a player I may be interested in, once i click on said player and view him and then exit that player the screen jumps right back to the top and not back to where I was in the list.

IbeEnx1Fyw.thumb.gif.2c7c82eb229adb6160426d39f9081fa5.gif

I rarely use the player search screen but I'm glad  I don't have that problem 

I must say the minor update has made a difference for me, my game seems to be more smooth now, both in main menu and during matches. My matches were a bit laggy (even though I use 2d and have a new laptop), but now the lags are practically unnoticeable.

Thanks!

Centre-back gets the ball at the one third line, and is able to dribble up the pitch to make a nice pass into the box past the opposition full-back. It's a nice move, but you can clearly see that he's only able to do it because the opposition just aren't pressing and leave him an immense amount of space in the middle of the pitch. By the time the CB gets into the centre circle, they're almost holding position in a 4-1-5 formation, with the DM 5 yards in front of the defensive line!

Edited by autohoratio

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

Maybe they are doing several tests so that there are no side effects in other areas of ME

Can assure you when we make match engine changes, there are a lot more than several tests that we run looking for knock-ons and side effects! 

1 minute ago, LeoFM said:

Does the new update contain a fix for the bug where a trialed player's attributes are no longer visible after the trial?

1 hour ago, Loïk said:

Hi everyone, does the new update fix the bugs in the club vision in Denmark for example ? ( The board disappointed with performances despite having done what was required? )

Thanks

The fixes are listed in the pinned thread. If it's not in that list, it hasn't been addressed (yet). Just see Neil's reply higher up the page.

I know modern football has trended towards being compact and not leaving space between the lines, but I can't be the only one thinking that on FM22 this is being represented over and above real life? All the players from both teams seem to squeeze/merge together very regularly into a narrow band maybe at max 20 metres wide. Makes the issues with pressing even more bizarre. 

I was afraid so, the trial's scouting knowledge bug is kind of a big deal (at least for me in LLM) for it to be fixed and not acknowledged in the changelog. Fingers crossed it's addressed in a minor update and I don't have to wait till Xmas/Winter update to continue my save 🤞

"Must be my tactics again" but my United results don't seem logical at all looking at xG:

(Actual results vs xG results)

United - Watford        
2-2 draw    (3-0 win)

United - Everton        
0-1 loss    (2-1 win)

Spurs - United            
3-3 draw    (1-2 win)

Brentford - United      
 0-0 draw    (0-1 win)

United - Leeds            
2-4 loss    (2-2 draw)

Southampton - United    
2-2 draw    (1-2 win)

Brighton - United       
3-1 loss    (1-2 win)

3 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I just came across brothers that are newgens, have this always been in the game? It’s definitely my first time seeing it.

MLS is in shambles right now (again…) but it’s cool to see youth players are actually getting snatched up by European clubs, particularly from leagues that usually poach these players in real life. Now there can actually be allocation for these players once they decide to come back to the US, something that was missing in future years in that league…

Dual nationalities for Americans seems much better and less random as well. Nice! 

I *think* I've seen brothers before. What's been in happening in the MLS for you that isnt good?

Edited by Platinum

36 minutes ago, Platinum said:

I *think* I've seen brothers before. What's been in happening in the MLS for you that isnt good?

Every team releases players because of the cap leaving teams with only 15 players.

oh yea and you currently can not activate the lower divisions in USA which I think was acknowledged as a bug. This a big need to be able to loan out players and give your reserve players some games.

17 minutes ago, Takamaru said:

(Actual results vs xG results)

How would you figure out "xG results"?

I don't think there's such metric and you can't exactly predict the result just based on xG either. You could have an xG of 3.0 and if that's after 30 low-quality shots, it would be virtually meaningless. Every long shot or obstructed header that never had a chance of going in adds to that number.

10 hours ago, FrazT said:

The issue is that users are reporting issues in the feedback thread and not reporting them so the chances of it getting looked at and fixed are minimal- I checked before posting and it had not been reported- if it is reported then no problem.

The problem you have is that people are coming to the feedback forum first to check if the issue is a bug or not.

If it is, only then do they go to the bug tracker.

Bug Tracker suggests its a place only for issues known to be bugs, so it puts people off going there first.

You should probably change the name to ‘Bug or No Bug?’ 

Or something like that

For those having resetting scout search’s try and ask in the skinners hideout part of the forum.

I vaguely remember last year this happening and a small tweak in the file that controls the search fixed the issue.

If you haven’t already I’d also recommend going to preferences, interface, and unticking “use skin caching” then clear the cache and reload your skin.

Often this can sort out glitches as mentioned. No promises, but worth a try.

Edited by Tyburn

10 minutes ago, Platinum said:

How did you join the public beta and what is it?

In Steam, right click the game, go to properties and betas, and just opt in. Be warned though, if you save your game when in that beta, you can't then load it if you opt out. 

It's used when the devs implement some updates that might not be fully ready for a wide release so people can test it. (or at least it was last year)

38 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

In Steam, right click the game, go to properties and betas, and just opt in. Be warned though, if you save your game when in that beta, you can't then load it if you opt out. 

It's used when the devs implement some updates that might not be fully ready for a wide release so people can test it. (or at least it was last year)

with the update that the full version got today .. both branches .. "public" and "public beta" are currently in the same build of the game, that could change soon if they release an update to the public beta branch.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Any plans to implement the latest update in the public beta version of the game? I really don't want to opt out, as I'll lose my save. 

They're already  the same. 

Still frustrates me how you can hire one of the best Director of Football staff members in the world and set him to make offers for u18s and u23s but they still try to sign absolutely bang average players which I end up cancelling deals on. Utterly pointless.

4 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

That appears to be a data error in the Mexican team 'Mineros de Zacatecas' kit data.

You need to change the text FG colour in the home kit text field to 'white' from 'red' in the editor. Also, edit the number colour to white from red as well in the IGE.

That said, I've just checked the team in the 22.1.1 update and it may well be fixed already?

image.png.d163bfaf74b3ab6601f5ec26fe7abb41.png

Hope that helps. 

Apologies on behalf of the research team for that error.

Hi Dean, 

Thanks for the response, I assume the fix is not save-game compatible as after the update I still have the issue. Will start a new save when I get 5 just to check this and will report in the Mexico data issues if still the same. 

En 15/11/2021 a las 14:43, kiwityke1983 dijo:

And yet it's still better than FM20 which didn't even resemble football.

True - the FM20 ME was probably the worst ever for me for an FM game. At times it was like the game didn't know how to create goals from open play; so many goals came from throw ins, corners, indirect free kicks. And it was a huge let down that SI just left it as it was and moved onto FM21. I get that they can't fix everything, but that ME was left in a broken state IMO.

FM21, however, for me was one of the best ME's yet. It wasn't perfect, and pressing was overpowered, but at least it was capable of creating different types of goals. I never felt like I was watching the same goal over and over again like in some older FM's.

FM22 is a regression. It's not as bad as FM20, not anywhere close, but it's definitely a step backwards.

11 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Still frustrates me how you can hire one of the best Director of Football staff members in the world and set him to make offers for u18s and u23s but they still try to sign absolutely bang average players which I end up cancelling deals on. Utterly pointless.

They tend to do this if you lack depth. That is at least my experience. I have yet to see a DOF sign a crap player to be in my first 11. We as humans tend to get the best players available. DOF probably hold more weight into salary and budget.

Just now, Mars_Blackmon said:

They tend to do this if you lack depth. That is at least my experience. I have yet to see a DOF sign a crap player to be in my first 11. We as humans tend to get the best players available. DOF probably hold more weight into salary and budget.

He literally tries to sign 1.5 star players for my u18s or u23's (he's not yet bid for one over 2 stars), you'd barely even make money on them if he's doing it as an investment, as he's certainly not signing them for eventual first team football. My current DoF is Luis Campos too. This has been going on for a number of FM's now.

Just now, stevemc said:

He literally tries to sign 1.5 star players for my u18s or u23's (he's not yet bid for one over 2 stars), you'd barely even make money on them if he's doing it as an investment, as he's certainly not signing them for eventual first team football. My current DoF is Luis Campos too. This has been going on for a number of FM's now.

Are those teams full? Or lacking players?

12 minutes ago, HCFC87 said:

True - the FM20 ME was probably the worst ever for me for an FM game. At times it was like the game didn't know how to create goals from open play; so many goals came from throw ins, corners, indirect free kicks. And it was a huge let down that SI just left it as it was and moved onto FM21. I get that they can't fix everything, but that ME was left in a broken state IMO.

FM21, however, for me was one of the best ME's yet. It wasn't perfect, and pressing was overpowered, but at least it was capable of creating different types of goals. I never felt like I was watching the same goal over and over again like in some older FM's.

FM22 is a regression. It's not as bad as FM20, not anywhere close, but it's definitely a step backwards.

Yeah this is basically my feeling. FM20 was genuinely unplayable I stopped playing in December and never came back (it came out late November). Pretty much unheard of for me. I think I've sunk more time into FM22 already than I did into 20 its entire year before FM21 arrived.

FM21 was such a massive improvement over 20 and FM22 is a slight regression from 21 for me but it's light-years away from being the worst version in recent times.

FM19 would also be worse than it even...

2 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Are those teams full? Or lacking players?

No idea about the teams he's signing them from, but my u18s are well stocked (with some quality too for that age group), u23s is a little short - but not short enough to warrant signing a player that poor, better off sticking with greyed out generate players.

42 minutes ago, stevemc said:

No idea about the teams he's signing them from, but my u18s are well stocked (with some quality too for that age group), u23s is a little short - but not short enough to warrant signing a player that poor, better off sticking with greyed out generate players.

In my experience, they will make those signings to fill out your U23. Same with U18 but at least those youth players usually come with potential. If I keep a short first team the DOF will always go sign backups. I would say that’s the reason why especially since you said he never bids for a 2 star player. 2 star is usually first team football.