*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, jonnyfresh said:

yeah possibly - but something is def wrong. i just played a game there. wolves had a man sent off after 2mins and another after 82. I won 7-0. 35 shots to 1, 17 on target vs 0, and pass completed % 87%, wolves had 90%, possession was 43% for me and 57% wolves. 

clearly a major issue

Ok. Possession is not counted like pass completed % , like in real life; but as “chess clock” (the old way). 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

What you call "bug", maybe it's not a bug (at all). If you try to understand how the game count possession, if you add in equation pressing & tackling; then you will get an idea how the game "count" the numbers.

I know many people is being frustrated by this, but I don't think it's an easy "edit" - "bug" to be solved in next ME update. 

It's definitely an error in the match engine that possession stats and pass completion rates are so high.

1 minute ago, jonnyfresh said:

then why am i been charged €50 to play an incomplete game?

Same question for Battlefield 2042 users which has been the game in development for 3 years, but you can climb a tower with hovercraft in 90 degrees. And cost way much more from FM, plus require the triple power specs. So, you have to understand that a game has a life circle and will get updates. Every game developer does not have 100% game ready in 1st day of release.

6 minutes ago, hursty2 said:

It's definitely an error in the match engine that possession stats and pass completion rates are so high.

Personally, I think there is an issue but even with that, the game still keeps its overall balance. 
Now let’s say teams were pressing how we wanted then even game will be finishing 15-0 for the attacking team and we would still be complaining about the amount of goals that are being scored.

I just think they need to find a way to solve the problem and still keep the overall balance of the game 

8 hours ago, RobotAardvark said:

These are the prices inside the summer transfer window. Are these where you would expect them to be?

Expensive.jpg

Depends when the last scout report came in for them.

If those prices came in a scout report before the window, then you shouldn't be surprised that it's still astonomically high, cause you're looking at an outdated transfer value.

Edited by Ghost4928

2 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

Can you name it why?

:-)

Because it's a simulation game and my DLP and two centre-backs in the second tier of Dutch football had well over 90% pass completion rates for the season. 

Fortunately it doesn't break the results of the game but it is definitely not right. 

The issue imo is the press is too reliant on individual decisions/triggers in a game rather than being mostly an overall press, thus giving teams way too much time. Teams also fail to progress the ball as much as they should. 

1 hour ago, Ghost4928 said:

Depends when the last scout report came in for them.

If those prices came in a scout report before the window, then you shouldn't be surprised that it's still astonomically high, cause you're looking at an outdated transfer value.

The only old scout reports are the ones with a strike through. The ones with non-struck through values were all from reports made after the window opened.

EDIT: Should also note that players on my team also have inflated transfer values, Brenner bought for £11m, now valued at up to £60m-80m, Ahmedhozic bought for £5m up to £45m-£60m, Delap from £15m to £50m-£65m, Lamptey from £25m (relegation release fee) to £80m-£100m.

Premier League transfer values just seem unrealistically high.

Edited by RobotAardvark
added info on my players

42 minutes ago, hursty2 said:

Because it's a simulation game and my DLP and two centre-backs in the second tier of Dutch football had well over 90% pass completion rates for the season. 

Fortunately it doesn't break the results of the game but it is definitely not right. 

The issue imo is the press is too reliant on individual decisions/triggers in a game rather than being mostly an overall press, thus giving teams way too much time. Teams also fail to progress the ball as much as they should. 

Unless you expect to win every game.

46 minutes ago, RobotAardvark said:

The only old scout reports are the ones with a strike through. The ones with non-struck through values were all from reports made after the window opened.

EDIT: Should also note that players on my team also have inflated transfer values, Brenner bought for £11m, now valued at up to £60m-80m, Ahmedhozic bought for £5m up to £45m-£60m, Delap from £15m to £50m-£65m, Lamptey from £25m (relegation release fee) to £80m-£100m.

Premier League transfer values just seem unrealistically high.

The cross-out values are outdated. You still need to scout and ask the agent for accurate values. As you'll notice as you progress through the game, Players aren't signing for outrageous fees (otherwise people would be talking about it) 

However, some players will be overinflated because the team may not want to move them (especially during winter) or the player may have tons of potential. 

Deadline day is more important because that is where values will become more reasonable unless of course, you can always overpay for someone if you want...
You need to unsettle players, force a transfer request, show interest in a player. All of those things matter more now.

And last, when a player has a single value, that is the team's asking price for the player. 

Just read the agent's notes and you'll better get a understanding of the new system.

10 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

The cross-out values are outdated. You still need to scout and ask the agent for accurate values. As you'll notice as you progress through the game, Players aren't signing for outrageous fees (otherwise people would be talking about it) 

However, some players will be overinflated because the team may not want to move them (especially during winter) or the player may have tons of potential. 

Deadline day is more important because that is where values will become more reasonable unless of course, you can always overpay for someone if you want...
You need to unsettle players, force a transfer request, show interest in a player. All of those things matter more now.

And last, when a player has a single value, that is the team's asking price for the player. 

Just read the agent's notes and you'll better get a understanding of the new system.

I realize the crossed out values are outdated, that is what I wrote in my original post that you quoted.

That screen grab was from towards the end of the summer transfer window and all of the non-crossed out values are from recent scout reports.

I don't agree about bothering to unsettle players. The best tactic is to abuse the broken transfer value system and pick up cheap, decent players that are transfer listed, then sell them on for 3-4 times their cost 1-2 seasons later. After that, buy far better young players from overseas that you don't need to bother to unsettle (and that cost a fraction of the stupid prices that Premier League clubs think their players are worth). After that, sell them on for multiple times their value a few years later so you have stupid money in the bank for when bigger name Premier League players eventually come up on the transfer list.

EDIT: For example, I used the £65m I got from Martial and broke my transfer limit to reinvest in Saka (who was transfer listed at £59m). He's now worth around £150m.

Silly Transfer Profit.jpg

Edited by RobotAardvark
Added info on follow up transfer.

12 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Because people need to stop thinking of things like these as *bugs* in the traditional software sense. The things not happening in the ME aren't bugs, they are consequences of other things being changed. SI have always told us changing one thing in the ME has knock on effects on other parts, which is why we seem to go round and round in circles with old problems resurfacing between editions. If fixing pressing was simple, it'd be done by now, but it's apparent that they are having issues with it affecting other parts of the engine.

It'd be interesting to know what's happening with the new engine they talked about a few years ago, I assume it's still in development ? It's clear that the current one is always going to have issues surrounding defending, balancing central and wide play and accuratly representing pressing to the point that we go round in this endless cycle of old problems resurfacing every couple of editions as they tinker away.

There was a new engine being talked about? I'd love a link to this if you could :).

1 hour ago, Metal said:

20211116001321_1.thumb.jpg.19cc7e1152c5eeaaede5384cdf018d41.jpg

Just had a offside VAR review for a throw in goal which is ridiculous because the rule is you cannot be offside from a throw in

As has been said before, there is nothing to be gained form raising this kind of issue in the feedback thread- report this in the Bugs forum with a .pkm of the match and if it is a bug then it can get looked at.

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

As has been said before, there is nothing to be gained form raising this kind of issue in the feedback thread- report this in the Bugs forum with a .pkm of the match and if it is a bug then it can get looked at.

I disagree ? there is a lot to be gained from posting this here 

1... It lets everyone know there is an issue 

2 ... If not posted here and was just raised in the bugs forum how would anyone know unless you visit the bugs forum and look through the miles and miles of issues 

3 ... It allows people who thought this wasn't a rule the know;ledge it cant be offside  

If he has raised it in the bugs section then i think its ok for us to see it here ?

Cant see the issue 

Edited by alian62

20 minutes ago, alian62 said:

2 ... If not posted here and was just raised in the bugs forum how would anyone know unless you visit the bugs forum and look through the miles and miles of issues 

3 ... It allows people who thought this wasn't a rule the know;ledge it cant be offside  

If he has raided it in the bugs section then i think its ok for us to see it here ?

Cant see the issue 

The issue is that users are reporting issues in the feedback thread and not reporting them so the chances of it getting looked at and fixed are minimal- I checked before posting and it had not been reported- if it is reported then no problem.

6 hours ago, smokeymcpot49 said:

Have a quick look at the bug tracker :thup:

5 hours ago, hursty2 said:

I can't find any post from you in bug trucker @smokeymcpot49.

Anyway, possession is not counted like IRL (pass completed %); but like "chess clock" (in old way).

Since you fail to press correctly the opp. defense, but you press correctly the midfield - that's why the opp. defenders keep the ball, don't have option to pass the ball so it's recycle the ball (that's why the high poss. stat exist).

Here an example how my team is pressing (red team - 433 DM). This is after BETA, testing the pressing - trying to understand how it's works.

I don't see any issue with pressing here. Balanced Mentality, Extremely Urgent TI.

Screenshot_4.png

3 hours ago, alian62 said:

If he has raised it in the bugs section then i think its ok for us to see it here ?

Cant see the issue 

All we have is a single screenshot, it doesn't actually show anything. If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say offside was given as there was a touch before the player scored. However, I don't know this either because *gasps*, it's only a still image. This is why uploading the file to the bugs forum would be the way forward. What posting stuff like this does on here is casue people to believe there's an issue in the game where none exists. See the 'youth development bug' as a prime example of this. 

13 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

Anyone know if its possible to change commentary colours? My team is playing in red and the commentary is also a nice red, so I can't read a thing

image.thumb.png.5fe5f35cb940df35b8340df5ccf63ba1.png

Probably a bug and worth reporting as such, but for the short term there's an option in Preferences to change to plain colours:

image.png.e730e1bd2beb6a1fc8d7bc253667c6c0.png

2 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

I can't find any post from you in bug trucker @smokeymcpot49.

Anyway, possession is not counted like IRL (pass completed %); but like "chess clock" (in old way).

Since you fail to press correctly the opp. defense, but you press correctly the midfield - that's why the opp. defenders keep the ball, don't have option to pass the ball so it's recycle the ball (that's why the high poss. stat exist).

Here an example how my team is pressing (red team - 433 DM). This is after BETA, testing the pressing - trying to understand how it's works.

I don't see any issue with pressing here. Balanced Mentality, Extremely Urgent TI.

Issues acknowledged in both threads.

Look harder next time :thup:

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

Is this a bug or what's going on here? I'm getting "affiliate loan" recommendations from clubs I'm not affiliated with:

When offer is made, they still require 100% of wages and additional fees.

Don't mean to pick on you, but if you're asking "is this a bug" it's almost certainly a "yes" so please do raise it via our Bug Tracker here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/transfers-contracts-scouting-recruitment-meetings-and-staff-responsibilities/

Ideally with a save game from just before it happens if possible. Details on how to provide a save game here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Many thanks. 

45 minutes ago, smokeymcpot49 said:

Issues acknowledged in both threads.

Look harder next time :thup:

Thanks to the users which report something like this and make your game better, rather than complain. 👍

Anyway, it’s not game breaking “bug”. I am happy using extreme pressing and see players not running like a chickens. From the other hand was a huge demand for reducing gegenpress power, so, no the demand is to increase pressing and nerf possession (egg and chicken story here). I hope SI to find a solution! 

3 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Thanks to the users which report something like this and make your game better, rather than complain. 👍

Anyway, it’s not game breaking “bug”. I am happy using extreme pressing and see players not running like a chickens. From the other hand was a huge demand for reducing gegenpress power, so, no the demand is to increase pressing and nerf possession (egg and chicken story here). I hope SI to find a solution! 

You told the fella he was pressing wrong :rolleyes: 'Since you fail to press correctly the opp. defense, but you press correctly the midfield - that's why the opp. defenders keep the ball, don't have option to pass the ball so it's recycle the ball (that's why the high poss. stat exist).' 

Good to see you now acknowledge the issues.

8 minutes ago, smokeymcpot49 said:

You told the fella he was pressing wrong :rolleyes: 'Since you fail to press correctly the opp. defense, but you press correctly the midfield - that's why the opp. defenders keep the ball, don't have option to pass the ball so it's recycle the ball (that's why the high poss. stat exist).' 

Good to see you now acknowledge the issues.

If we go back to previous things, your possession (or opposite) you will see reduction in numbers - plus the pressing will not very realistic. Running 90 minutes with 10 in Stamina and 15 Work Rate; but your player can handle that extreme without a problem, then yes, it’s a problem. Pressing is much more better now from 21. You can see my example above (red team) that my team is pressing fine both opposite defense, midfield, even my winger is pressing DR position without any PI. 

Played the beta, enjoyed it. Started one of my two main saves once the full game came out, really enjoying it. Definitely have come across bugs, and the possession issue is somewhat evident, but it's still an amazing game.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it before, but finishing seems a lot better. I think I have yet to see the pass to gk finish and my players are actually able to score from all angles and there's more variety to the actual shooting part. Before, I feel like you could always tell if the player is going to score or not, now it's not so obvious.

I hope they can fix the pressing/possession issue, because this ME has a potential to be one of the best if not the best yet.

2 hours ago, Pompey1978 said:

Probably a bug and worth reporting as such, but for the short term there's an option in Preferences to change to plain colours:

image.png.e730e1bd2beb6a1fc8d7bc253667c6c0.png

@KeegBCFC It's most likely a data error with the same club kit colour being entered twice on the database. I can't tell what country it is but I'd log it the specific league data forum too.

Edited by Colorado

7 hours ago, FrazT said:

Ok so a pkm is just a saved file from the match in question? I'm getting my head around how to report these things as I only know how to upload game saves and screenshots at the moment. I don't knw how to record moments in the match

Because I want to start reporting these bugs in the M.E because I found so many, even though it does leave a sour taste to know that it's up to us to test the M.E and find these bugs

What I want to show is players still refusing to shoot when rounding the keeper or at an angle to shoot but  instead still choosing to go to the byline to try a cross

Lack of dribbling which no one else is reporting in the bugs forum which imo is a big issue from stopping the ME being completed

and some dubious and unnecessary offside calls

I just came across brothers that are newgens, have this always been in the game? It’s definitely my first time seeing it.

MLS is in shambles right now (again…) but it’s cool to see youth players are actually getting snatched up by European clubs, particularly from leagues that usually poach these players in real life. Now there can actually be allocation for these players once they decide to come back to the US, something that was missing in future years in that league…

Dual nationalities for Americans seems much better and less random as well. Nice! 

3 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Dual nationalities for Americans seems much better and less random as well. Nice! 

I've found a Salvadoran / Mexican / American left winger that would be a 5 star potential player for my team

5 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I just came across brothers that are newgens, have this always been in the game? It’s definitely my first time seeing it.

Yeah, never seen in myself but never looked unless they were in my youth squad 

AI managers can get sons too

14 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

It's definitely been in the game for some time. The game generates newgens that are related to existing AI players/staff too. I remember Ryan Hardie (former Rangers striker) having a newgen brother in FM 16 in a save of mine.

20 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Yeah, never seen in myself but never looked unless they were in my youth squad 

AI managers can get sons too

Yes, I knew about our manager getting sons and existing players having relatives but I’ve never seen a youth intake where I have brothers. I wonder how rare that is.

Another nice chip goal in a friendly match :)

To add a tiny bit of criticism, while I'm certainly enjoying seeing these chips, one thing I'm not seeing often enough is players trying to round the goalkeeper; when they're through on goal after a defence splitting pass or counter attack, players are very eager to shoot as soon as they get into the 18-yard box, rather than attempt to get into a better/closer shooting position to maximise their shooting angle.

17 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Minor Update released:

@Neil Brock And I got a "Corrupted files" Error message when it tried to update.. is there an issue with the update?

I've just gone down the uninstall route and will install the game again. Fingers crossed I don't encounter any further errors or issues.

Edited by kopfan1977