*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

On 13/11/2021 at 10:07, PineappleBlender said:

United seem extremely overpowered compared to their actual performances. I'd suggest the data needs reviewing as they're no way near as good a team as FM makes them out to be.

Would you not say that individually United have very, very good players? It's the management that's messing things up IRL.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, RPM_01 said:

So I've played a few seasons now.

Few points I've noticed (some are spoken about in here and I know are being looked at) -

• Pressing of the defence is a known issue but the ME needs to fix the ambition of the defenders. Very rarely in football do we see the passing between defenders so much as it makes no logical sense and isn't within the spirit of the game. Interestingly the press also ask about this, e.g. you managed to win comfortably 4-0 with only 37% possession?! My question will be how much does this affect the ME when this changes? Do teams become more aggressive and open up more? Or do they create more chances then they do currently?
  • The Data Hub is a good addition but with the bugs how usable is it? Winning back possession makes no sense, pass maps are more irrelevant from the point above and other stats are masked with the current issues. It can be used still but not to the extent SI want it to be. 
  • Team shape feels a little strange and took me a minute to get used to. In possession I'm seeing a more compact shape and without the use of a poacher or advanced forward everything feels too squashed, even if you put an IF-A or RMD on the wing it just doesn't open up the play enough. The trouble I'm finding too is that my CB's are more adventurous too going forward and the team shape just compresses even more. I don't really have much of a choice but to go for a poacher up top to spread the field to what I like, which gives more space for everyone else.
  • Crosses are almost to the level of FM20 but there is a small amount of central play in there. I feel like only a small tweak is needed for this to find its balance again.
  • Corners have been an issue for a while and if you want to abuse this your defender will score 20+ goals a season, however it can be avoided if you feel like you lose the immersion with this.
  • VAR decisions need to have less tells. Linesman running back = goal, standing still means no goal. Can we have it so we won't know?
  • NewGen faces, say no more.
  • I like the new animations, even though I mainly use 2D, it's nice to see when I do flick over to it.

I struggled to get into FM22 but now have found my groove and am enjoying it more despite the bugs. I think there is potential, with bug fixes, to be the best yet. 

You've hit the nail on the head here. I think my gripes are exactly the same. Still enjoying it for the most part, but no where near the levels I was with FM21.

I would add, with the crossing - which is excessive it seems - sooo many go to the back post followed by a tame header that goes over or straight at the keeper.

Newgens/regen faces are just (I'm sorry to use this word as I know how hard the team works) - awful. This appears to be regressing year on year and while not immersion killing, does make me feel I'm managing corpses. Downloading face packs is a simple go around but this shouldn't be needed now after all these years.

16 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Transfers are bonkers just now.

Play in the EPL and as long as you are signing from abroad you can get the best players in the game for relative peanuts. There is absolutely no point signing from within the league when players at Norwich or Brighton are being rated at  nearly 100 million but you can raid Germany and Italy for the top players and pay 1/4 of the price :lol:

Max Aarons ? - £85 million

Adeyemi - £13.5

I understand even IRL the EPL has fee inflation, but it seems in game that as soon as a player signs for a club in England their value just sky rockets. It's absolutely killed transfer activity for my players as well as no one can afford to pay their stated value and selling players rated at 100+ million for half their value pisses off the board and fans.

Adeyemi contract is running out on the game that's why he's so cheap and irl english players are massively inflated

34 minutes ago, RobotAardvark said:

True, but FM22 regularly values them at £100m+, which is excessive.

It's not just English players, either. It's Premier League players in general.

Think it depends when you're looking.

During the summer window, the prices for Prem players are usually where you would expect it to be.

If you're looking at any other time, prices would be massively inflated also due to clubs not wanting to sell mid-season.

Is it only me that think it's annoying when you make a promise to a player to offer a new contract, but then don't reach an agreement with his agent, that the promise is broken??

Like the promise was to make an offer. I did it, but the stupid agent wanted an absurd increase in wages. Now player will get unhappy.

Been like this for ages too. not a new thing this year

1 hour ago, RPM_01 said:

The trouble I'm finding too is that my CB's are more adventurous too going forward

Have noticed the same. Have feeling like all my CBs have trait to bring ball out of the defence.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

Finding more and more bugs.

Unhappy player - wants to leave, sod him. Two of his teammates AGN him, both in support of me. But the advisory "Team Meetings" are proposed to deal with these team-mates as they're unhappy with my treatment of him. Which is it?

Recruitment meeting - Lots of reports if I leave it alone. If I edit any of it, no reports whatsoever - I clicked 'full back - right' and got no suggestions, but when we moved to any other matters I got six RB reports to sift through?

Also recruitment meeting agenda wants to talk about #male#1 instead of the proper name.

Disappointing to see these bugs cropping up alongside the competition and vision bug that I identified earlier. =/

Please keep this thread for feedback. Any bugs have to be raised here so our QA team can investigate - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/

Thanks. 

• Administrators
On 14/11/2021 at 10:48, Prej said:

I'm getting a little annoyed by the injury related questions during press conferences.

I understand that a reporter might be asking me if one of my first team players will be back for the game, but quite often I encounter situations when I'm asked if some injured U18 or fringe player will be featured in tomorrow's Champion's League game. Sometimes I even need to check who they're talking about.

Here's an example, ahead of a CL qualifier:

611331399_Screenshot2021-11-14114142.jpg.164f3a701ed84486f5de94959db0fed0.jpg

The reporter is asking if a player will be available tomorrow.

Aaaaaaaaaand the player is:

A C-list youngster with zero games for the club,

We are about to play the second leg of an important qualifier, and you're asking me about some youngster who hasn't even played a single game for the club? Try to imagine that situation during a press conference.

Anyone else noticed that?

Would be worth flagging ideally with a save game prior to the conference taking place via our Bugs tracker here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/569_dynamics-interactions-press-conferences-club-vision-staff-appointments-meetings/

Thanks. 

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, KamyKaze said:

Is it only me that think it's annoying when you make a promise to a player to offer a new contract, but then don't reach an agreement with his agent, that the promise is broken??

Like the promise was to make an offer. I did it, but the stupid agent wanted an absurd increase in wages. Now player will get unhappy.

Been like this for ages too. not a new thing this year

When that happens you'll get a second option to offer the player a contract, The promise clearly isn't just 'offer them a contract', else you could offer them 1p and say "done", it's to offer them a contract they deem acceptable.

If you're not willing to do so, you shouldn't be making the promise. If what they're asking for is unacceptable, then you have a choice between moving them on or having an unhappy player. 

In modern football, players and agents often hold the cards. It's about how the manager (or DOF) can best manage that situation. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Transfers are bonkers just now.

Play in the EPL and as long as you are signing from abroad you can get the best players in the game for relative peanuts. There is absolutely no point signing from within the league when players at Norwich or Brighton are being rated at  nearly 100 million but you can raid Germany and Italy for the top players and pay 1/4 of the price :lol:

Max Aarons ? - £85 million

Adeyemi - £13.5

I understand even IRL the EPL has fee inflation, but it seems in game that as soon as a player signs for a club in England their value just sky rockets. It's absolutely killed transfer activity for my players as well as no one can afford to pay their stated value and selling players rated at 100+ million for half their value pisses off the board and fans.

English players are at a premium, especially considering the work permit situation and HG rules both in the EPL and European competitions. 

The player search screen resetting each time is completely killing me getting into any kind of long-term save unless I manage in my home country where I have an idea of most of the players

The whole youth development thing actually sounds more promising than a bug, I always found saves got boring in the top countries after a few years because there were just too many world class players around

2 minutes ago, kingking said:

Me that can't get the basic important aspect of pressing right isn't something that's " bad" ?

You can't play like city, Liverpool or Bayern at all because opponent defenders never feel pressure at all.

In real life City defeated united 2-0 on Nov 6 in the pl because of their amazing press.

Something that fm22 can't even get the basics right.

I don't understand why this isn't a hot fix because it's a fundamental aspect of modern footbaplt

There may well be a hotfix before the patch - who knows?  only SI do and they will release a fix when it is ready.  Im guessing the pressing/defensive issue of possession is a complicated one that could potentially impact other areas at the detriment overall.

Also, SI wont want to say we are looking at a hotfix/patch on this date when there are so many moving parts that can impact timings and dates.

TBH, SI are one of the few companies where the communication is consistent and positive with it's user base.

1 minute ago, kingking said:

Me that can't get the basic important aspect of pressing right isn't something that's " bad" ?

You can't play like city, Liverpool or Bayern at all because opponent defenders never feel pressure at all.

In real life City defeated united 2-0 on Nov 6 in the pl because of their amazing press.

I don't understand why this isn't a hot fix because it's a fundamental aspect of modern footbaplt

Because people need to stop thinking of things like these as *bugs* in the traditional software sense. The things not happening in the ME aren't bugs, they are consequences of other things being changed. SI have always told us changing one thing in the ME has knock on effects on other parts, which is why we seem to go round and round in circles with old problems resurfacing between editions. If fixing pressing was simple, it'd be done by now, but it's apparent that they are having issues with it affecting other parts of the engine.

It'd be interesting to know what's happening with the new engine they talked about a few years ago, I assume it's still in development ? It's clear that the current one is always going to have issues surrounding defending, balancing central and wide play and accuratly representing pressing to the point that we go round in this endless cycle of old problems resurfacing every couple of editions as they tinker away.

2 hours ago, RobotAardvark said:

True, but FM22 regularly values them at £100m+, which is excessive.

It's not just English players, either. It's Premier League players in general.

Premier league clubs also have a massive income boost in the game compared to clubs in other leagues. Clubs like Norwich are comparable to mid table clubs in other leagues in terms of finances. Hence Norwich are not desperate to sell their players like other clubs in other leagues which are very dependent on transfer income.

13 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

It'd be brilliant if the game could (despite promises this was the case a couple of years ago) actually throw up a big transfer for players that punch above their CA/PA.

And I can guarantee you it will be an exploit I will happily use due to difficulties in defining player performances in the game. I have said before this method can be very easily exploited just by massing low value players into clubs that are guaranteed to win something and voila easy profits for big clubs further expanding the gap between big clubs and smaller clubs in the game.

2 hours ago, Ghost4928 said:

Think it depends when you're looking.

During the summer window, the prices for Prem players are usually where you would expect it to be.

If you're looking at any other time, prices would be massively inflated also due to clubs not wanting to sell mid-season.

These are the prices inside the summer transfer window. Are these where you would expect them to be?

Expensive.jpg

10 minutes ago, RobotAardvark said:

These are the prices inside the summer transfer window. Are these where you would expect them to be?

Expensive.jpg

Some of these may be accurate, but some also seem to be absurd, namely the Raphael Guerreiro, Reece James and Lucas Digne values. Are left-backs seen as the true gamechangers or something?

1 hour ago, kingking said:

The match engine that can't get the basic important aspect of pressing right is something that can be classed as one of the worst in RECENT FM history

In real life City defeated united 2-0 on Nov 6 in the pl because of their amazing press. united couldn't even handle it.

As city I would never even imagine teams from the bottom half of the table having over 60-70% possession against me.

I don't understand why this isn't a hot fix because it's a fundamental aspect of modern football..

And yet it's still better than FM20 which didn't even resemble football.

1 hour ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

Some of these may be accurate, but some also seem to be absurd, namely the Raphael Guerreiro, Reece James and Lucas Digne values. Are left-backs seen as the true gamechangers or something?

Goalkeepers are in my experience the worst offenders for inflated fees.

Allison for instance is valued at over 300 million.

Has anyone else noticed how keen CB's are to get forward ? BPD has hold position and my CB has a stays back at all times trait, yet keeps going on these massive runs through the middle of the park, often playing higher than the player in the DM strats (who is getting awful ratings as the CB's are just bypassing him)

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

48 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Goalkeepers are in my experience the worst offenders for inflated fees.

Allison for instance is valued at over 300 million.

Has anyone else noticed how keen CB's are to get forward ? BPD has hold position and my CB has a stays back at all times trait, yet keeps going on these massive runs through the middle of the park, often playing higher than the player in the DM strats (who is getting awful ratings as the CB's are just bypassing him)

Surely that’s what he’s worth to Liverpool though? They don’t want to sell one of the best keepers in the world so it will take an obscene bid if you want to try.

Just now, woodsy1983 said:

Surely that’s what he’s worth to Liverpool though? They don’t want to sell one of the best keepers in the world so it will take an obscene bid if you want to try.

£300 million is 3 times the English record transfer fee, and is more than four times the world record fee for a goalkeeper (£71m). It's almost as much as PSG paid for Neymar and Mbappe combined.

2 minutes ago, RobotAardvark said:

If the player tries to overvalue a footballer, both them and their agent won't have it and will become unhappy. The AI should have the same issues.

Yeah, true, some of those values seem crazy, Jamie Shackleton £77 million?

I'd honestly say it's worth uploading

6 minutes ago, RobotAardvark said:

If the player tries to overvalue a footballer, both them and their agent won't have it and will become unhappy. The AI should have the same issues.

But he's already at a World Class team, if your team is preying on a smaller rep team then he would agitate.

4 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

English players are at a premium, especially considering the work permit situation and HG rules both in the EPL and European competitions. 

That is understandable but as much as someone like Max Aarons is a HG English player and does have great potential, in real life it wouldn't take 80 odd million to prise him from Norwich. The same for foreign players playing England. Despite English clubs not needing to sell, if someone came in for Trossard on the back of a subpar season fro Brighton you would imagine he'd still cost less than £40million regardless of Brighton's unwillingness to sell. 

8 minutes ago, Os said:

But he's already at a World Class team, if your team is preying on a smaller rep team then he would agitate.

If you set the asking price too high in FM22 a player gets upset and can become unsettled if you stick to it. If a human manager was at Liverpool and they went to set Alison's value at £300m I'm pretty sure this would happen straight away. The AI should be subject to the same rules for the sake of realism.

I should point out that I'm not actually looking to sign any of the players on the list I provided earlier, just that the valuation for a lot of them is stupid. I generally sign u23s for less than £30m (generally less than £15m) rather than buying established players in their prime, so in a gameplay sense it doesn't really effect me. However, seeing the prices quoted breaks my immersion.

1 hour ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Yep, several times per game my CBs (even as a small team in the German third division, which is probably equivalent to bottom of League 2/upper Vanarama National League in terms of player level) will run with the ball up to the halfway line, past one of my CMs, and then just turn to pass back to either the other CB or the holding midfielder, instead of maybe trying a diagonal ball to a winger or something. A bit jarring to say the least!

42 minutes ago, RobotAardvark said:

If you set the asking price too high in FM22 a player gets upset and can become unsettled if you stick to it. If a human manager was at Liverpool and they went to set Alison's value at £300m I'm pretty sure this would happen straight away. The AI should be subject to the same rules for the sake of realism.

I should point out that I'm not actually looking to sign any of the players on the list I provided earlier, just that the valuation for a lot of them is stupid. I generally sign u23s for less than £30m (generally less than £15m) rather than buying established players in their prime, so in a gameplay sense it doesn't really effect me. However, seeing the prices quoted breaks my immersion.

The AI doesn’t  set an asking price unless you see one value.

Regarding Newcastle:  it appears that Must Sign High Reputation Players is hard coded as part of the Club Vision.  I've tried to remove it with the Pregame Editor or add additional items that fit the Club's Vision as stated by Amanda Stavely who has said not to expect big money signings and that the club would prefer to focus on bringing players in through the youth system instead.

Not reporting these as bugs because I am not sure they are bugs as such but seeing far too many goals from:

• Crosses -> both headers and volleys being scored at a high rate, as well as corners when using certain set ups.
  • Long balls behind defences. Even at the elite level there are far too many goals/chances from passes in behind the defence.

Overall the game seems like a slight upgrade but I think it still only really suits people who are content hitting continue, continue, continue and smashing through seasons rather than those who enjoy taking things slower and actually doing a lot of the smaller stuff. Because the smaller stuff seems to be a bit of an afterthought.

16 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

Anyone know if its possible to change commentary colours? My team is playing in red and the commentary is also a nice red, so I can't read a thing

image.thumb.png.5fe5f35cb940df35b8340df5ccf63ba1.png

If this is an unedited game, then please report it in the database section for the country you play in.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/850-database-and-research/

11 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

Can you tell-show SI how to improve it? 

The possession bug is game breaking. The games main selling point is that if reflects real-life football.  Im wining 4-0 with 33% of the ball, Norwich have the highest possession in my game, are 17th, ive the lowest and I am first. 

my issue is that this was clearly identified in the beta and is still an issue. I love FM and have every copy since 2009, but its annoying that this hasn't been fixed in a month. 

34 minutes ago, jonnyfresh said:

my issue is that this was clearly identified in the beta and is still an issue. I love FM and have every copy since 2009, but its annoying that this hasn't been fixed in a month

Don't you think it would have been fixed if it was as easy as you think.

3 hours ago, RobotAardvark said:

£300 million is 3 times the English record transfer fee, and is more than four times the world record fee for a goalkeeper (£71m). It's almost as much as PSG paid for Neymar and Mbappe combined.

If tomorrow Man Utd offered Liverpool £150m for Allison then Liverpool would reject it.

The message is: the player is not for sale.

If Man Utd came back and said ‘here is £300m’ then Liverpool would think that is so ridiculously high they would have to take it.

Its why Messi had an enormously high release clause in his Barca contract - what was it, something like £500m?!

If you get one of those super high transfer fees come to you then basically the club are saying: he is not for sale.

18 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Same old excuse used to rationalise why this happens. 

What's your explanation for your own players having ridiculously high values ? It's that the game telling the AI a player isn't for sale on your behalf ?

AI players value is set using the same algorithm as player controlled squads, with values set the same way. If you think the AI is setting their value at 300 million to deter suitors, try setting a high asking price for any of your players and see how they react.

The AI also somehow has the ability to set players not for sale, you know, when they are not for sale.

notforsale.thumb.png.8374862cddd5c214a4b4f42cb45488b7.png

100% on the money. I went back to FM21 and the transfer values are completely normal. I didn't play that game when it first came out, so Idk if it started out the same as this one.....but the transfer values in this game are completely off. At least if you're playing in the Premier League. Pablo Mari is not a $40 million dollar player. Idc what league it is. 

1 hour ago, jonnyfresh said:

The possession bug is game breaking. The games main selling point is that if reflects real-life football.  Im wining 4-0 with 33% of the ball, Norwich have the highest possession in my game, are 17th, ive the lowest and I am first. 

my issue is that this was clearly identified in the beta and is still an issue. I love FM and have every copy since 2009, but its annoying that this hasn't been fixed in a month. 

What you call "bug", maybe it's not a bug (at all). If you try to understand how the game count possession, if you add in equation pressing & tackling; then you will get an idea how the game "count" the numbers.

I know many people is being frustrated by this, but I don't think it's an easy "edit" - "bug" to be solved in next ME update. 

1 hour ago, 2feet said:

If tomorrow Man Utd offered Liverpool £150m for Allison then Liverpool would reject it.

The message is: the player is not for sale.

If Man Utd came back and said ‘here is £300m’ then Liverpool would think that is so ridiculously high they would have to take it.

Its why Messi had an enormously high release clause in his Barca contract - what was it, something like £500m?!

If you get one of those super high transfer fees come to you then basically the club are saying: he is not for sale.

No, this is a message that says: Player not for sale.

If the other examples had this message rather than absolutely stupid transfer valuations I'd be fine with it.

Not for sale.jpg

36 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

What you call "bug", maybe it's not a bug (at all). If you try to understand how the game count possession, if you add in equation pressing & tackling; then you will get an idea how the game "count" the numbers.

I know many people is being frustrated by this, but I don't think it's an easy "edit" - "bug" to be solved in next ME update. 

yeah possibly - but something is def wrong. i just played a game there. wolves had a man sent off after 2mins and another after 82. I won 7-0. 35 shots to 1, 17 on target vs 0, and pass completed % 87%, wolves had 90%, possession was 43% for me and 57% wolves. 

clearly a major issue