*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

4 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I'm looking at it now but haven't played very much since I updated to full game from Beta. 

I'm holidaying at the moment and will create a thread in the Bugs forum later once I have some info. :thup:

Will be interesting to see your findings. Im not sure ehat to think, Ive seen saves 10-20 years in the future. Top players in the world at that time would have been in youth squads at some point and they turned out fine. I aslo think you cant expect much if you keep a kid in the youth team training and playing matches. Needs football at higher level at some point to improve. You give a player better facilities and coaches they will improve

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, wicksyFM said:

Will be interesting to see your findings. Im not sure ehat to think, Ive seen saves 10-20 years in the future. Top players in the world at that time would have been in youth squads at some point and they turned out fine. I aslo think you cant expect much if you keep a kid in the youth team training and playing matches. Needs football at higher level at some point to improve. You give a player better facilities and coaches they will improve

I don't disagree with anything here, but to suggest that there will be no improvement in a youngster in their 1st full season at U19 level seems wrong. 

I'm managing C.F. Os Belenenses and have U19's U23's, B Team and Senior Squad, so you would expect that the better young players wouldn't be playing for the U19's anyway, but having said that, for those who are in there to not develop at all is wrong. If they start to develop and then their development slows because they are not given opportunities at a higher level, but for there to be no initial improvement, (if that's the case), then that's not right. 

Il 10/11/2021 in 14:13 , Matteo3champions ha scritto:

There are features that have being removed from the game?

• Fan polls: i've seen that fan polls reguard only transfer news and anymore if players deserve more time to play, if want that a manager is going to be sacked, and so on...
  • player against his former team: i've noticed that in the news item is not appearing anymore the news of a player of your team/opponent team is going to face his previous team, and also there aren't press conference question about that anymore
  • player injuried from another team mate in training: in previoius version, could happen that a player injury a team mate and in the news item appear the fact (XXX is being injuried by yyyy)
  • Reaction to team meeting before the match: in FM 21 players could react to players opponents and also to manager starting XI but it don’t happen in FM 22

@Neil Brock@Desmond Richardson @Jack Joyce maybe can give us further infos! thanks!

@Neil Brock @Desmond Richardson @Jack Joyce @FrazT @HUNT3Rvery disappointed to don't have an answer to my questions :( 

Edited by Matteo3champions

Il y a 2 heures, themadsheep2001 a dit :

SI don't give advance warning as a rule of what's going to be in an update or when said update is coming. Best that can be said is that there is usually an update around Christmas. 

So we gotta wait for 1 month and a half before being able to play the game?

11 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

Fully scouted player has €2.6M Transfer Value, yet the club want €47M+.

U93QzZX.png

How can there be this big of a discrepancy, surely this destroys the whole point of Transfer Values in the first place?

I guess the AI should post the same problem because when they bid on MY players the same will happen to them :)

il y a 32 minutes, themadsheep2001 a dit :

Given that you can play the game right now, no. They asked when the next update could be. I've told them historically when the next update tends to fall. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Well with the possession issue it's quite unplayable right now...

19 minutes ago, Iwabik said:

What kind of take is this? So, let's say someone bought the game for full price and wants to play possession dominant attacking football. Right now, it's not really possible because passive AI and not entirely working pressing equals opposition CBs kicking the ball between them without any purpose or pressure. And your solution for that someone is NOT TO PLAY THE GAME? Imagine going to restaurant, ordering food, then finding out there's something wrong with your dish and when you tell the waiter they tell you just NOT TO EAT IT.

Now, I'm not saying the game is broken or unplayable. It really isn't. However, if you want to play certain style of football, it's certainly immersion breaking.

Waiter - in that case I'd wait while they cooked a better dish ;)

For different people the current issues are playable or unplayable for whatever reason - its individual. We've never had a perfect FM release, I doubt one exists here or anywhere else. For me I am happy to play it in the knowledge of what is not quite right but I most certainly would prefer the key ones, and even the lesser ones, to be resolved asap

In either case if you have identified issues and want them fixed, or have additional evidence to add to existing issues please do so as this really the best way way to get them fixed. SI have acknowledged a number of issues and have intimated at the difficulty due to game balancing why that resolution may take a small amount of time

1 hour ago, Zemahh said:

U93QzZX.png

How can there be this big of a discrepancy, surely this destroys the whole point of Transfer Values in the first place?

Scout reports are just half the pie when it comes to transfer values in FM22. Asking the agent about the availability of player completes the pie.

Edited by obasa_G

49 minutes ago, Spedding said:

For the vast majority it is perfectly playable.

the thing is that many that play FM is perfectionists, just like Pep, Klopp or Tuchel in real life.. We, the players have our tactical style we dream of implementing in the simulation. Right now the most popular style is broke. Right now it feels like it doesn't matter what I click on in the "in possession " tab or "out of possession" tab because I can't win the possession battle anyways. And then you have the consequential errors that follow in the data hub and the statistics pages and even the board expectations. Its fair that many players don't give a blink about these things, but for all of those who does it takes the fun away. I did not play the beta because of this issue, waited until full release hoping and thinking that the problem probably was fixed. so at full release I spent 4-5 hours making tactics and training schedules only to find out some games into the season and many hours later that my tweaking of tactic to get where I wanted didn't matter.

1 hour ago, Zemahh said:

U93QzZX.png

Transfer Value with the actual price is something different. One AI can accept 25 mil; other will ask 47 mil. It's a fluid system. 

9 minutes ago, pamf said:

the thing is that many that play FM is perfectionists, just like Pep, Klopp or Tuchel in real life.. We, the players have our tactical style we dream of implementing in the simulation. Right now the most popular style is broke. Right now it feels like it doesn't matter what I click on in the "in possession " tab or "out of possession" tab because I can't win the possession battle anyways. And then you have the consequential errors that follow in the data hub and the statistics pages and even the board expectations. Its fair that many players don't give a blink about these things, but for all of those who does it takes the fun away. I did not play the beta because of this issue, waited until full release hoping and thinking that the problem probably was fixed. so at full release I spent 4-5 hours making tactics and training schedules only to find out some games into the season and many hours later that my tweaking of tactic to get where I wanted didn't matter.

And for every one person that's like that, there's probably at least two that are the complete opposite, charging through the game and not caring about those things.

It's unfortunate that certain approaches aren't working, and probably no more so than to SI themselves.  Those that feel they can't enjoy it can either soldier on or wait for a fix, but don't discount that there's likely plenty of people out there who can still have a lot of fun with the product regardless.

I can be OCD with some things but with other things...not so much.  During BETA I got tired of seeing my IF and IW dribble to the baseline, slowly turn and pass the ball with their dominant foot.  Instead I just swapped the side of the field they were on and the play got much better.

8 minutes ago, forameuss said:

And for every one person that's like that, there's probably at least two that are the complete opposite, charging through the game and not caring about those things.

It's unfortunate that certain approaches aren't working, and probably no more so than to SI themselves.  Those that feel they can't enjoy it can either soldier on or wait for a fix, but don't discount that there's likely plenty of people out there who can still have a lot of fun with the product regardless.

That's correct and fair enough but we also then have to acknowledge that it's a game and not a simulation which, again, is fully ok, but when you have a 'simulation' of something that does not allow to simulate the most common high-level exponent of such a thing (possession football) then you have a fun game, not a simulation. Much like many car racing games advertise themselves as simulators but are really arcade.

OK - everyone has made their point. Please continue the discussion in the tactics forum - there is already a thread. That way, we can let others contribute their general feedback and not let it be drowned out by a long discussion.

Pros:

- Deadline day seems unexpectedly promising... at least in my first one.

- Wide center back looks good when in possession.

- Ball deflection is a big improvement.

Cons:

- Staff meeting is simply a reskin.

- In general the defensive positioning is bad and players look like they have no sense of space and other players' movement. For example, in a 352 WCB-WB system, both WBs always position themselves high up on the pitch, leaving a gap between WB and WCB. AMLRs are often unmarked in those areas. This totally defeats the purpose of having WCBs in defense. They are expected to cover the space left behind by a pressing WB with a lateral shift in D-line. If you play with a flat 4 defense it is not good either. CBs are too easily pulled out of position leaving a hole behind. Defenders seem to react too slowly to what happens. I often see defenders get dribbled past while still turning.

- The player movement after corners is bad. Players don't react to loose balls as quick as the counter-attacking players. Luckily counter-attack is nearly non-existent and players just dribble to the sideline.

- IF/IW is taking the ball to the sideline too much. If IF/IW finds it difficult to cut inside, they should look for support from teammates immediately but not run down the flank and then turn.

28 minutes ago, obasa_G said:

Scout reports are just half the pie when it comes to transfer values in FM22. Asking the agent about the availability of player completes the pie.

That's fair enough, but a €40M discrepancy? Scout literally told me his MAX AP was €2.6M.

I've to say I don't see any point in interacting with agents. The whole thing functions just like before, I might as well just make an offer and see what they're asking for. There's no downsides to doing so either, you can always just cancel it and make a new one, should they lock in some kind of a clause or ask for too much.

25 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

That's fair enough, but a €40M discrepancy? Scout literally told me his MAX AP was €2.6M.

Are you sure? Seems to me 2,6M is his highest value, not max asking price as scouts find out for you.

I'm more inclined to say 2,6M for M.Sarr would be a bug rather than a 47M asking price ;) 

Ok, so I have now sunk over 200 hours (including the beta) into the save so feel I am in a position to give my feedback.  The lists are in no particular order.

Positives

• The game is as smooth as ever.  I have not had a single crash dump to date and long may this continue.
  • Financial situation of most clubs.  Good to see the realism as always.
  • New Youth Intake previews and intakes.  I regularly play youth only saves and this amended presentation and display is much appreciated.  I love it.
  • Staff Meetings.  Whilst I don't use them, I know plenty of people who do and they welcome it, so a good addition.
  • Data Hub.  Probably the best new feature this year.  Very detailed and very welcome.

Negatives

• Disappointed to see some bugs still present that were there in 2021.  Yes, I have reported them on the Bug Tracker.
  • My Chairperson is still a moron.  When accepting bids over my head (a feature, that whilst highly annoying is realistic), he accepts bids that are not as good as what I have negotiated.
  • The questions from the media I decline to answer.  For some reason, you have retained the extra click and extra screen that is necessary to answer.  So it is easier to simply not bother.
  • There appears to be a major bug in the game this year regarding youth development.  Several people have reported it so I hope it is fixed soon but as someone who always develops the academy, even in none youth only saves, this is a huge deal to me.

Overall, the game is another winner and I will once again sink thousands of hours into it.

59 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:
  • There appears to be a major bug in the game this year regarding youth development.  Several people have reported it so I hope it is fixed soon but as someone who always develops the academy, even in none youth only saves, this is a huge deal to me.

I haven't started my main FM22 save yet - which will be the San Marino Challenge and therefore require me to develop young players.  One assumes this will be patched at some point - would this kind of thing be something that would require a new save - or save game compatible?  If it's likely to require a new save, I'll wait to start until patched.

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

There appears to be a major bug in the game this year regarding youth development.  Several people have reported it so I hope it is fixed soon but as someone who always develops the academy, even in none youth only saves, this is a huge deal to me.

Must've missed this one, can someone explain what the bug with youth development is?

2 minutes ago, duesouth said:

A question for the mods - I reported a bug in the Beta, which is still present in the full release game - would SI like that reported again or once is enough?

It depends - if the reported bug was acknowledged and under review, then no need. Those threads provide exactly the information that we/you need - whether more info is needed or whether it's under review and no more info is needed. That's what's good about the bug tracker.

A question for the mods - I reported a bug in fm19, fm20, fm21 and fm22, in early access and after release in every game, year after year, it was acknowledged by si games in fm19 and fm21 , but the bug is still present in  the  game now  - would SI like that reported again or more than 5 times is enough?

Edited by kertiek

1 minute ago, kertiek said:

A question for the mods - I reported a bug in the in fm19, fm20, fm21 and fm22, in early access and after release in all those games, it was acknowledged by si games in fm19 and fm21 , but the bug is still present in  the  game now  - would SI like that reported again or more than 5 times is enough?

You haven't given any info, so it's not possible to answer.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

You haven't given any info, so it's not possible to answer.

i cant link the posts reporting the problems with match plans and automatic substitutions happening even when u disable the automatic substitutions, because every year the early access and full release forum sections for the respective game version gets hidden, so i cant access  those topics made by me reporting that, even when si games responded and got it under review, the problem is still there, i been trying to use that functionality of the game for years and is still broken.

Is there any way to ask a young player eligible for your club's country's nationality, to actually go and get it?

Players from worse countries (obviously subjective here, but let's talk football rankings), still have the "sees no benefit" status. It's a bit annoying.

1 minute ago, kertiek said:

i cant link the posts reporting the problems with match plans and automatic substitutions happening even when u disable the automatic substitutions, because every year the early access and full release forum sections for the respective game version gets hidden, so i cant access  those topics made by me reporting that, even when si games responded and got it under review, the problem is still there, i been trying to use that functionality of the game for years and is still broken.

There's  a massive difference between the early access and full version, compared to what you're claiming. If you still have an issue, versions on - please report it.

I wonder why many of you have stopped complaining. Mates. this game is our passion and for another year, for us who preferred a specific style of play the game is just unplayable. Two of the most certain styles is broken. You can t press the opposition defense, and you can't dominate possession. Also the center back's is scoring like strikers.

Really, do you enjoy it?

SI please give me an answer. Will there be an update of the match engine soon?

Thanks

1 minute ago, zgiorgos10 said:

I wonder why many of you have stopped complaining. Mates. this game is our passion and for another year, for us who preferred a specific style of play the game is just unplayable. Two of the most certain styles is broken. You can t press the opposition defense, and you can't dominate possession. Also the center back's is scoring like strikers.

Really, do you enjoy it?

SI please give me an answer. Will there be an update of the match engine soon?

Thanks

This has all been posted before. Issues are under review. Most are enjoying it, some are not. The usual update (the xx.2 update) is usually due around Christmas.

1 hour ago, Zemahh said:

Must've missed this one, can someone explain what the bug with youth development is?

The majority of youth players just don’t develop at all.  It isn’t every player, but a high number, much more than in previous years.  So it makes the Youth Only challenge nigh on impossible.  Please note, I have only tried non league clubs so no idea if this is the same higher up.  There is a thread in the bug forum about it.

6 minutes ago, marioNOW said:

He is probably referring to the issue that when you set up a gameplan for your assman to use during a next match, even if you specifically tell them to NOT use substitutes, they ignore it and automatically switch 3 players. This feature is not working as intended and hence the whole gameplan function is literally unusable from it's implementation.

This is reported every single time with every update/release since around FM18 at least and it is always ignored. Acknowledging a bug and not fixing it for 4 years now is upsetting understandably.

This is why I think that a lot of people feel that reporting bugs is not worth it any more as they don't even receive any feedback most of the time (acknowledging it for 4 year this instance). I am trying to not be critical Karen but most of the comments here when mentioning specific issue receives the automatic reply by the mod team is to report it. Yet in the bug report forums a lot of issues are so easily reproducable and it is routed back to the user to provide his savefile. It feels like an average user is expected to do more work/steps on fixing a simple bug the the QA team/devs themselves. And I love them to death and respect them fully for what they achieve year by year, but please do not even try to tell us that implementing 4000 new variants of useless media Interaction (that most if the players delegate to the assistant) and moving menu points around that nobody asked is more important and less time consuming then to remove the substituting option from the gameplan. Or adding a possibility to pay for the coaching badges for yourself. Or not touching a well functioning newgen face generator from FM21, or making the graphics/textures somehow worse than FM17. Things that have been reported in bug trackers, requested features for years and mentioned not just in this forums but other social media platforms are ignored and the development is focused on things that nobody asked for. The direction is wrong and specifically the allocation of human resources and the main issue of getting priorities wrong.

It is still playable and the match engine generally improves, but these simple things that makes the hardcore userbase louder. And we are the main core in this forum who care enough to register an account and spend our time giving you valuable deep feedback via comments- and not the ones who fill out a single survey or gives the game a 5* review after playing two seasons in the PL with a top club. But I guess those customers are easier to win over with flashy new features (that are already in the game just under a different menu).  Those who do not spend 1000+hours each year and not having any clue about deeper game mechanics that gets simplified and more broken each time (scouting, youth development, data-statistics quality) are the happy-silent mass. Obviously they will not be the majority of negative feedback as of course if you are working with wonderkid shortlist, knap tactics and never fully trying to set up a realistic global scouting network or develop your own generation from the academy or using in game statistics to play moneyball, then they are not facing these issues. Scraping only the surface. The more realistic and systematic you try to be, the more"game breaking" issues -for us- will be made aware.

Sorry for the long rant and I honestly not trying to offend anyone from SI team. I am just a player who sees thing from this perspective from ooutside.

Edit: spelling mistakes corrected

The bug tracker is new this year, along with the responses. If there are issues, please report it.

8 minutes ago, bluehefner said:

Currently 5-0 up against Southampton in the FA Cup.

Scored from 4 near post corners, Ronaldo getting 3 of them, he's now scored 66 goals in 34 appears.

Patch is definitely needed.

I am and have been scoring and conceding corners every game (22 games)

9C262187-529F-4ACE-984A-983679F2F07B.jpeg

26 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

The majority of youth players just don’t develop at all.  It isn’t every player, but a high number, much more than in previous years.  So it makes the Youth Only challenge nigh on impossible.  Please note, I have only tried non league clubs so no idea if this is the same higher up.  There is a thread in the bug forum about it.

Well, that is concerning. Not far enough into my save to notice anything like that myself, but do they actually not develop, or is the development just slower than it used to be? Because I always found 19 y/o kids exploding to their full potential within a year or two a bit ridiculous and would welcome a change that slows the development down a notch and makes slightly older players more viable.

Am I the only one thinking player rankings are all messed up? Like CDs always getting <7 unless they score or assist?

Wingers also with really low ratings

EDIT:

Like this poor guy, on a game I won 5-1, he didn't miss a pass. 6.7

image.thumb.png.8dab976605f20e2cd6235b9cfbb30dca.png

Edited by KamyKaze

Although I'm reading there are problems with the defenders passing it amongst themselves quite a bit, I have to say, I am really enjoying this match engine.

I am seeing such a variety of goals, some lovely intricate moves in the centre as well as some nice play in the channels. Yes, at times there might be a little to much wide play but very happy overall. Remember the mess that was FM20? It's come on leaps and bounds since then.

I have had the game crash twice on me so far: at first launch and randomly when creating my manager profile. Yet, there is nothing to be found in the crashdumps folder? Any suggestions?

Edit: Make that three times 

Edited by DarrenCon