*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, forameuss said:

Both of those hypotheticals seem to suggest that they haven't thought through their pricing strategy enough to be pretty happy with it, and that they'll ultimately lower the price.  If massively reduced numbers bought it, they might change it, but, let's face it, that isn't going to happen, and they'll probably sell plenty despite the grumbling.  

That's where thinking smaller and personal choice comes in, rather than trying to change it on a macro level.  If you feel it isn't worth the price they're charging, then don't buy it.  Maybe you'll be part of something leading to a change, or maybe you won't.  Either way you win really.

Well "getting on with it" is often better than having unrealistic expectations that would never be met.  If you believe that delaying release until every problem was resolved is a viable strategy, then it isn't.  Unless you fancy having a largely absent product given one without bugs is pretty much an impossibility.

None of that stops you from being unhappy about design choices or any direction SI is going, of course.

Expecting large bugs from the beta to be fixed for the full release is far from having unrealistic expectations.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

Expecting large bugs from the beta to be fixed for the full release is far from having unrealistic expectations.

That's absolutely true. Though with ME it's different because it's designed in that way that it's really difficult to get everything working right, because as you can see, if they add something new it messes up whole bunch of things.

7 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

Well that would depend on what the "large" bugs were, there isn't a one-size-fits-all approach to fixing them.  You could argue the beta should be longer, but they'll have been having alphas and closed betas for a lot longer, and perhaps know all about certain issues but have yet to find a fix.  Tiny and seemingly obvious things can be an absolute nightmare, horrific-looking ME issues can be a breeze.  And that's before you see if any potential fix breaks something else.

The unrealistic part is suggesting that they just don't release it until there are no bugs.  I don't think it's hyperbole to say that they would never release it if that was the case.

3 minutes ago, (sic) said:

That's absolutely true. Though with ME it's different because it's designed in that way that it's really difficult to get everything working right, because as you can see, if they add something new it messes up whole bunch of things.

It's a sum with millions of variables.  If you change one drastically, you're going to have to change potentially hundreds of others to get the same answer out the other end.  Over-simplifying it of course, as you'll likely never see that "right answer" again.

Edited by forameuss

• Administrators
2 hours ago, KFF said:

I did and was told it was by design

Ah okay, yeah seen this, it's due to the timings. Hammarby IF should be in Europe, but if the Cup is played in game they're replaced - so to make sure the competitions aligned correctly, the cup is not played first season. Hope this makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Alfredo James said:

Is the game good? Yes

Does it have flaws that needs to be worked on? Yes

Do I recommend it? Try it yourself! I think its definitely worth it if you're switching from fm20

I think the editor price increase is not a good look and its made worst by the fact that the only statement addressing it is "Third party editors are known to cause issues" FMRTE existed before the ingame editor so if there's anyone who knows how to create an editor for FM it would be them. I think I would've appreciated it better if the devs justify the price increase with perhaps improvements to the in game editor (e.g mass editor, Ability to edit more competition details and ability to edit club visions etc)

Not sure I'd agree people working on an unofficial editor are in a better place to create an editor for the game than the developers who have access to the source code. :confused:

26 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

Mysecond game in the champions league against Club Brugge generated  36 shots with 16 on target, I was playing a very aggressive game Since the patch, my side have scored 26 goals in 6 games, putting 6 past Burnley and Atalanta, 21 shots against Burnley and only 14 against Atalanta. So its not very consistent.

I have a bug logged so will keep an eye on this and add to it if I find more examples. 4 goals a game average seems excessive also

8 minutes ago, redarmy22 said:

Hi

Ive added new players into the database (they have unique IDs) yet im not seeing them in the game once i load it. Im only playing with one database and its selected.

Is there an issue?

Please advise

thanks

It may depend on what nationalities they are, what size database you have selected and what leagues you are playing. I'd raise a separate thread detailing exactly what you have done

44 minutes ago, redarmy22 said:

Hi

Ive added new players into the database (they have unique IDs) yet im not seeing them in the game once i load it. Im only playing with one database and its selected.

Is there an issue?

Please advise

thanks

I have the exact same issue. I have raised it in the bugs section and there is a topic about it in the editors hideaway. Not much traction though as it's release time so it's all ME complaints for now! :P

3 hours ago, chapperz92 said:

You used to be able to see where a player in your squad ranked in that position by clicking on coach report. Has this gone?

Apparently this may be due to my display settings. Please could one of the mods let me know how to rectify this

59 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Ah okay, yeah seen this, it's due to the timings. Hammarby IF should be in Europe, but if the Cup is played in game they're replaced - so to make sure the competitions aligned correctly, the cup is not played first season. Hope this makes sense. 

I fail to see why Hammarby IF should be in europe when the only reason they qualified this season was because they won the cup back in may.

I didn't like the price increase for the editor but no one is forcing anyone to pay for it, there are alternatives which cost pretty much the same. I personally use 3 different in game editors and see it as a small cost, no one forced me to buy it I decided to pay. There is the pre-game editor which is free for those who don't want to pay for anything extra.

Hi all - seeing so many posts about possession. Just trying to help but I've got a pretty bog standard 433 DM Wide formation that's working very well and keeps plenty of possession. Not Gegenpress as such, just postive, short passing, nice to watch play. I did put a bit of thought into it but it is fairly vanilla tbh. Takes a squad a bit of time to get the familiarity to play it well but it's worked for a few different teams for me in the Beta and now with the full release and I enjoy watching it - which is the main thing for me. Getting between 55-60pc possession but it's progressive. Should also say - if you start a new game after pre-season it always means you will be playing catch up with familiarity in your first season.

I get my wingers to mark the opposition full backs btw. 

Anyway - like I say - this is just to help. Hope it does.

Screenshot 2021-11-09 180628.png

‘Posessssion is overrated, what did they do with the ball?’

Really enjoying the game as I do every year. 

Playing commentary only I never really pay any attention to how the match engine plays, football is about winning in my eyes.

They’ve fixed the list resetting to the top on the player search screens, that will do for me.

Only negative is the new questions and answers in press conferences and the new team talk options. Awfully worded and not very realistic things a normal person, let alone a manager would say.

Is anyone else seeing this ? I was planning on starting as Kelty Hearts in Scottish League 2 but they are 1/91 to win the league !! Seems like a lot of pressure to succeed. I opted for the safer option of Stirling Albion.

image.png.a0265d6469def5d626f1b408eabff6fe.png 

3 minutes ago, woodsy1983 said:

Playing commentary only I never really pay any attention to how the match engine plays, football is about winning in my eyes.

They’ve fixed the list resetting to the top on the player search screens, that will do for me.

Only negative is the new questions and answers in press conferences and the new team talk options. Awfully worded and not very realistic things a normal person, let alone a manager would say.

Where do you find the player search screen?

8 minutes ago, woodsy1983 said:

They aren’t doing anything with the ball. That’s the problem.

3 hours ago, chapperz92 said:

Yeah default skin but seems to have disappeared entirely

I'm on a custom skin but it's called Comparison, you should have it available on the player profile, it might be under a drop down 

Comparison.png.4079d1793670ac7b9261a982457a13d8.png

The injury mod from majesticeternity works a treat, now I have to balance my squad and think about training workload properly and use the entire team such as fringe players to cover up for injury crisis's. Without it the immersion was ruined for me, hardly injuries occurred and they were only minor ones coming up every so often, nothing like real life.

I don't know how anyone can play the game like that as there is no requirement to squad building when the 1st team squad is fit 80% of the time

Edited by Metal

1 hour ago, Cegidog said:

Is anyone else seeing this ? I was planning on starting as Kelty Hearts in Scottish League 2 but they are 1/91 to win the league !! Seems like a lot of pressure to succeed. I opted for the safer option of Stirling Albion.

Kelty are heavy heavy favourites to win the league in real life and are already 7 points clear after 12 games. Their squad and budget outstrips anyone else in the league.

Just started what I hoped would be long term save but problem straight away. I have loaded my 1st team tactic which is duly showing as being trained by 1st team.

Taken control of U23 and U18 Training - Leading Training and Individual Training.

When I go to U23 training they are indeed using same tactic as 1st team.

U18 tactic is set to standard 5221 WB that I am unable to change!

Seems Preferred Tactic of U18 Manager locked in despite me taking control. I sacked him only to find that the U18 tactic was know locked as U18 Assitant Manager's Preferred tactic.....

Cant see any point me starting long term career save until this is fixed!

Raised bug tracker report.

Presumably others have same issue.....very frustrating...

Edited by mhaffy

4 hours ago, gggfunk said:

Isn't it weird that Maarten Vandevoordt in not present in my game despite the fact I got Big database selected? He's got high PA but it seems he would be present only if I choose Belgium league. It is weird considering the fact some other players from Genk are present, but he's not.

I am playing in Scotland with a medium database and Vandevoordt is in my game. Have you checked the u21's?

1 hour ago, Cegidog said:

I'm a Stirling fan, and Kelty will run away with the league in real life, in fact they are already. They have a squad of players, many of whom would be comfortable two leagues higher. This is not the thread to discuss how they get their money to do this, however. 

12 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

Just started what I hoped would be long term save but problem straight away. I have loaded my 1st team tactic which is duly showing as being trained by 1st team.

Taken control of U23 and U18 Training - Leading Training and Individual Training.

When I go to U23 training they are indeed using same tactic as 1st team.

U18 tactic is set to standard 5221 WB that I am unable to change!

Cant see any point me starting long term career save until this is fixed!

Raised bug tracker report.

Presumably others have same issue.....very frustrating...

Go Dev Centre > U18 > Tactics > Primary Tactic > Use Drop Down to select one of your trained tactics

3 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

Did they removed the number of scout reports left when you get a scouting update or?

Yeah, think it was a quick fix for the acknowledge button disappearing on smaller resolutions. The number is still there in the scouting centre.

First press conference before first game of the season and 4 questions in a row were about an injury to the same player, just slightly differently worded.

Another game and another year of delegating all press conferences to my assistant. Maybe next year.

24 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Yeah, think it was a quick fix for the acknowledge button disappearing on smaller resolutions. The number is still there in the scouting centre.

Oh thanks for the answer but I have found it now.

20211109_213034.png

getting some great results mainly down to having built a bit of momentum and squad moral being up but my possesion based tactic is somehow proving to be a great defensive tactic

only conceed 1 goal in the first 6 games as villa inc playing city(a), arsenal and chelsea(a)  my XGA is only bettered by arsenal, spurs and united

no defeats but so many cards for some reason 20 yellow and 1 red

been fined twice already

2 hours ago, ScotsmanFM said:

Kelty are heavy heavy favourites to win the league in real life and are already 7 points clear after 12 games. Their squad and budget outstrips anyone else in the league.

Falkirk are the same odds to win league 1. I'm sure you are right about Kelty, but 1 to 91 are ridiculous odds for any bet. 

image.jpeg.86421046d5c0e0803a38f6709b29efed.jpeg

Edited by Cegidog

Skimming though this topic and it seems it 2022 is a patched 2021. I would love to play FM again. But I don't want to start all anew.. Wish we could transfer previous save game to a new version. So 2021 to 2022, etc. Oh boy. Perhaps time to delve my FM21 save + packs from my external disk again. Its this time of the year. :D

Teams, even those who parking the bus, seems to defend to high on the pitch in the fist build up phase from the opponents. The result of this is too much players from both sides playing in a small area of the center of mieldfield. I believe when the team which has the ball progress near to halfway line, opponents must play slightly deeper than now. It will be more realistic and also maybe this is the reason why we have too much wing play.

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

Go Dev Centre > U18 > Tactics > Primary Tactic > Use Drop Down to select one of your trained tactics

Thanks, but unfortunately unable to change U18 tactic even via this route.

Development Screen:

image.thumb.jpeg.85d6236df6743f08c2e1db23bcd8e89f.jpeg

I am controlloing Gerneral and Individual Training for U18's.

When I click through to U18's, Tactics it is fixed to U18 Manager Preferred Tactic and I am unable to change, load a tactic...

image.thumb.jpeg.577821d83574a3359679f92eae202212.jpeg