[FM 22] My Journey With Como

BrysenFam00

Hello there, this will be the first time I share my football manager journey online as I have been an active player for a while now, and I am excited to see how it turns out.

I will be starting my first proper save of FM22 in 2 days when the full game comes out, but for now some background information.

Como FC

Logo_Como_1907_2019.thumb.png.56ca3cc2909eb6c4d30e071cccf6666f.png

Como was first promoted to Serie A in 1949, although this was short lived after they were relegated 4 seasons later and then spent another 20 years within the Serie B and Serie C divisions. A revival in 1975 saw them climb back to Serie A but would only last 1 seasons. There best stint in the top flight was from 1984-89 as they finished a finish of 9th. Although once again the 90s saw them fall back to Serie C.

The 21st century saw Como experience a brief revival. Promotion to Serie B in 2001 was marred by an appallingly violent incident in a game against Modena, resulting in captain Massimiliano Ferrigno being handed a three-year ban. They nonetheless managed promotion to Serie A in the 2002–03 season. However, the return to Serie A proved a major disappointment with the side in the bottom two all season, and a ban on games at the Sinigaglia after crowd violence. Successive relegations have caused financial difficulties; in December 2004 the club was declared bankrupted. From there to now has been no easier for the club as financial issues have only let the club Serie B this season for the first time 2001.

New economic problems arisen in season 2016–17 obliging the club to be declared out of business and put in auction. At the fourth auction the assets of the club was acquired by Akosua Puni Essien, wife of the Ghanaian footballer Michael and first foreign businesswoman in Italian football. However, Italian Football Federation rejected the application of F.C. Como as the successor in the place of 2017–18 Serie C, as the club did not fulfil all the criteria in the Article 52 of N.O.I.F At the start of season, another company Como 1907 S.r.l was admitted to 2017–18 Serie D instead. After winning the Round B of Serie D, Como returned to professional football in 2019.

Why choose Como?

Como is placed in far north of Italy, which means there stadium is right next to the lake creating an amazing view.

Como promoted to B with the richest foreign ownership in Italian football –  Corriere.it

I also choose them because my friend lives in Como and I want to go visit, anyways, with the recent links of the likes of Mario Balotelli going to join their cause, The club screams for a manager who can create financial and league stability which they have never received before.

Other notable players of who have played for Como:

• Alessandro Scanziani
  • Pietro Vierchowod
  • Dan Corneliusson 
  • Stefano Borgonovo
  • Pasquale Bruno
  • Nicolo Barella 

Goals for the save

• create financial stability: I will become extremely strict on the way I conduct transfers to keep the wage bill as low as possible.
  • create league stability: I want to bring them to Serie A once again and see where we can go from there
  • Create a Club DNA: I was weighing up if I should focus on a more technical DNA or Hardworking DNA but I think I will focus on hardworking players to contribute to the clubs history of there hard times.
  • Have a fun but challenging time: I want this to be a tough challenge, so I wont be making transfers first window, attribute masking will be on, and I wont download any tactics to keep this as grounded and realistic as possible.

Your Help

If any of you have any advice about making this type of content that would be appreciated.

Plus if you want to give me any advice about what I should do during the game that would be cool. 

Edited by BrysenFam00