AI transfer offers are offensive and disgraceful.

Currently Managing AC Milan. First season. Arsenal was interested in Rafael Leao. 22 year old with a transfer value of 67-75M pounds. Arsenal manager came to watch the match twice. He also spoke to the media about interest in the player. I thought they must be interested. And a month they came up with an offer. A 12.5M pound offer 12.5M!!!!! Is this a joke if not arsenal is smoking some weird ****. How can this be real? He is not even on the transfer list.

558980217_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.9aa068f125ca394196d4ce3fa898e716.png

Is this a bug? Should I report it? Did anything like this happen to you in your beta save in FM22?

5 minutes ago, FrazT said:

They are trying to unsettle him- reject the bid, set an asking price to a level that you would consider it and then set the replies to reject any offer below this figure

Before rejecting offer I saved file and tried negotiating they didn't even reach 20M. 

Same thing happed in Tranfer window early, Man city offered Theo Hernadez 20-25 million. Maybe I will try to set an asking price and see what happens. 

In the first transfer-window you can't expect really high transfer-offers because In reality this window is already over, so Clubs doesn't have that much money to spend.

If your aim is a realistic transfer-behaviour I suggest to disable the first transfer-window.:thup:

Cheers
Daveincid

Most teams, bar Man City and Newcastle, had already spent their transfer money in the first window. Without annual prize money and sponsorship in the first season end, they won't be able to afford most players and the AI -doesn't matter how smart it is- cannot generate first season budget out of thin air in this game.

Edited by Ivalice

If you notice players are interested in a player, set an asking price for them before the AI even makes a bid. If you set it high enough, it will discourage bids like this. And often a player will talk to you about this, so you can agree what asking price is fair, so your player will not become unsettled at rejected bids lower than this value. 

I've often found a workaround to make sure that they don't unsettle your player is to NOT reject the low-ball offer outright, but to click the "negotiate" button and then put in an astronomical offer. That is if you really don't wanna sell though. 

It makes them leave you for a while, and the player doesn't get upset

6 hours ago, FrazT said:

They are trying to unsettle him- reject the bid, set an asking price to a level that you would consider it and then set the replies to reject any offer below this figure

I mean this doesnt happen in real life does it?

If a player is worth £75m and a club came with a £12m bid they the bidding side would be a laghing stock with their reputation suffering due to this.

Seems like the AI is trying to use a "cheat" to make the player unhappy to sign him.

A way to unsettle a player IRL would be using the agent to offer the player a much higher wage then he currently earns and then bidding maybe slightly under the players value.

Clubs these days wont even let players go too cheap even if they only have 12/18 months on their contracts.

4 hours ago, Showerman said:

If a player is worth £75m and a club came with a £12m bid they the bidding side would be a laghing stock with their reputation suffering due to this.

Seems like the AI is trying to use a "cheat" to make the player unhappy to sign him.

A way to unsettle a player IRL would be using the agent to offer the player a much higher wage then he currently earns and then bidding maybe slightly under the players value.

Clubs these days wont even let players go too cheap even if they only have 12/18 months on their contracts.

CR7 cost around 15mil in euros, potential 8mil euros. From Juv to Man Utd. And we are talk about CR7 (which I don't like).

AI is not "cheat". Just try to buy with minimum cost - then sell higher (hopefully) from what they have spend. Udinese "Pozzo Ploy" is a classic example.

10 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

They are trying to unsettle your player, make him request a transfer and perhaps get him cheaper or on a possible free. You can do the same to the AI…

Seen this said many times over the years and it didnt make sense then and it doesnt now. You dont find teams in real life offering 10m for Haaland to try to unsettle him. Teams offer than they would just get the phone hung up on them or laughed out of the room. 

6 hours ago, samuelawachie said:

I've often found a workaround to make sure that they don't unsettle your player is to NOT reject the low-ball offer outright, but to click the "negotiate" button and then put in an astronomical offer. That is if you really don't wanna sell though. 

It makes them leave you for a while, and the player doesn't get upset

^

10 hours ago, Showerman said:

Yeah, they definitely would be a laughing stock. Reminds me of Arsenal's 40m+1 bid for Luis Suarez. They were ridiculed in the media for awhile for that. 12m is even more ridiculous!

6 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

CR7 cost around 15mil in euros, potential 8mil euros. From Juv to Man Utd. And we are talk about CR7 (which I don't like).

AI is not "cheat". Just try to buy with minimum cost - then sell higher (hopefully) from what they have spend. Udinese "Pozzo Ploy" is a classic example.

Not really a good comparison. That wasn't peak Ronaldo, that's 36 year old Ronaldo. Not to mention it was a player who had asked to leave, was actively trying to force his way out and the club wanted his massive wages off their wage bill. Definitely not comparable to a paltry bid, out of the blue, for a 22 year old that the club don't want to sell and the player hasn't said anything about leaving.

The Udinese comparison doesn't really work either. They bought promising players from smaller teams for bargain prices, very different from trying to get an established player from a European heavyweight like AC Milan for a bargain price.

Edited by rusty217

16 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

If you notice players are interested in a player, set an asking price for them before the AI even makes a bid. If you set it high enough, it will discourage bids like this. And often a player will talk to you about this, so you can agree what asking price is fair, so your player will not become unsettled at rejected bids lower than this value. 

I did that in one of my saves, and it didnt work. 19 year old wonderkid, agrees 9 million was fair for him, still had teams bidding no more than 4.5 million and he got angry at it. Then to make matters worse, my chairman went behind my back and accepted an offer of 3.4 million. This isnt the only time it happened, in my new save, same thing happened again (minus the chairman intervention)

19 hours ago, Ivalice said:

Most teams, bar Man City and Newcastle, had already spent their transfer money in the first window. Without annual prize money and sponsorship in the first season end, they won't be able to afford most players and the AI -doesn't matter how smart it is- cannot generate first season budget out of thin air in this game.

Ah. Like when I offer my local grocery store to pay $1 for that $12 packade of toilet paper when I am out of money at the end of the month, then. :D

Edited by Viking
my hovercraft is full of eels

15 hours ago, Showerman said:

Tbf, people still do laugh at Arsenal for the cheapskate offer they made for Luis Suarez IRL

And lots of people have insisted that £75m plus possible add ons for Kane was a very sensible offer and Levy should definitely have taken it seriously. One of them was Harry Kane himself!

12 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

Seen this said many times over the years and it didnt make sense then and it doesnt now. You dont find teams in real life offering 10m for Haaland to try to unsettle him. Teams offer than they would just get the phone hung up on them or laughed out of the room. 

Not all transfer bids are public. I wouldn't be surprised if early enquiries for players are WELL below the player's perceived value before they ever become public. 

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Not all transfer bids are public. I wouldn't be surprised if early enquiries for players are WELL below the player's perceived value before they ever become public. 

Even if this was true the player also wouldnt know about the bid.

Also lets not forget players have big egos and would much rather be known for breaking the transfer record then going for 1/4 of their valuation.