Paid to play FM

33 minutes ago, Britrock said:

He's hardly the first though - workthespace, lollujo, Zealand, drbenjy etc have been full time FM players for years now thanks to YouTube and twitch. 

There is something slightly different about this story in that the others are freelancers, this guy is a Facebook employee.

Yeah been following him for a while. He's my favourite fm YouTuber.

7 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

No, he's absolutely awful. Fair play to him for doing something we'd all love to do, but his content isn't for me. For a much younger audience methinks. 

Why do you think he is awful?

2 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

I am waiting for the first FM gamer to get a managerial football job or something similar based on an FM gaming CV. I know a few have applied and the clubs also responded in fun fashion

A guy I work with applies for the Arsenal job every time it becomes free.  His application letter is hilarious.

If it's anything like the other Facebook Gaming contracts he's not an employee, just on a 12 month deal to exclusively post content there. Think of it as a shortcut to "partner" status on other platforms. They usually pay you some upfront, promote you heavily for a couple of months and then you're at the mercy of the algorithm and how much Facebook pay per advert. In the past most people have wanted out before their deal is up so they can jump back to YouTube or Twitch as the income drops off over time. It is a gamble as you can either pick up new followers or alienate your existing fanbase.

Good on the guy for trying it though, YouTube already has a bunch of big creators and this is an opportunity to corner a niche for himself. I've seen a video of his before but I wasn't into it, I'm usually more interested in short format one off videos, e.g. guides rather than being faithful to one channel.

19 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

A guy I work with applies for the Arsenal job every time it becomes free.  His application letter is hilarious.

We used to have a thread which was so funny I always had tears of laughter when reading it, it was FM stories about funny circumstances whilst playing.

A few I can recall, excluding those divorced for spending too much time on it...

One lad was up playing late and won either a final or a league and starting shouting and cheering at 3 am in the morning....the neighbours banged back giving him a load of abuse for being so noisy

One lad got to a finalk, dressed up in a suit, played the whole game in full mode with the obvious 3pm kick-off. Said he was giving an interview in his head post match whilst actually having a dump

Someone threw their laptop out of an upstairs window when a result didnt go their way...think it landed on a car

There will be loads of them, someone find me that thread :)

Le 02/11/2021 à 17:49, MrPompey a dit :

I am waiting for the first FM gamer to get a managerial football job or something similar based on an FM gaming CV. I know a few have applied and the clubs also responded in fun fashion

Wasn't a FM player chosen to coach an azeri team, in first division, a few years ago ?

Edited by SpS_Zen

On 02/11/2021 at 17:00, HHUK said:

If it's anything like the other Facebook Gaming contracts he's not an employee, just on a 12 month deal to exclusively post content there. Think of it as a shortcut to "partner" status on other platforms. They usually pay you some upfront, promote you heavily for a couple of months and then you're at the mercy of the algorithm and how much Facebook pay per advert. In the past most people have wanted out before their deal is up so they can jump back to YouTube or Twitch as the income drops off over time. It is a gamble as you can either pick up new followers or alienate your existing fanbase.

Good on the guy for trying it though, YouTube already has a bunch of big creators and this is an opportunity to corner a niche for himself. I've seen a video of his before but I wasn't into it, I'm usually more interested in short format one off videos, e.g. guides rather than being faithful to one channel.

This is exactly how I imagined it would be. I can't see it ending well either, the demographic of FB users isn't conducive to streaming imo, but like you say it's worth a shot if nothing else. 

51 minutes ago, SpS_Zen said:

Ye it happened, you can google his name :  Vugar Huseynzade

Thanks, that was a good read and amazing he did so well < you fancy partnering up at Newcastle :D I dont think the owners really have an idea of what they want >