[FM22][SKIN][WIP] FME - Zealand v4.00 HOTFIX (08/01/2022)

12 hours ago, FMEnhanced said:

Thanks a lot for the info. The issue was indeed corrected last night and will be included in the next update 👍

Thanks a lot for the detailed breakdown of the issue. The problem was caused due to me putting a Notable Events Container inside another Notable Events Container. Removing the outer container fixed the issue and restored the timestamp links.

Thanks a lot for the fix. Glad I could help.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 24/11/2021 at 08:04, FMEnhanced said:

Unfortunately, things like this are pretty much impossible. Modding the skin is like changing the HTML or CSS of a web page. It's all structure and style. The actual working of elements cannot be accessed or modified.

So it also means that the comparision panel can't be updated when a player's alternate position is selected(via the field map) in player profile view?

I really do like this skin but I'd like to give the following feedback:

• Personally, I'm not a fan of the processing drop down now being in the centre of the screen. Feels a bit alien for a Football manager game.
  • Not a fan of the 'Z' at the top where 'FM' usually is - I understand the reasoning for it though.
  • This skin feels slightly slower than the default FM skin. When I go back to default it feels much more reponsive. (Caching enabled)
  • Prefer to have the home/away/third colour bars underneath the kits on the club overview. 
  • Don't like having access to club finances when it's not very realisic that I can just look at any club and know exactly how much they are worth etc. Again, I understand why people would want it though. 
  • Don't like the option to sim a game whilst actually in a match. 

Apart from that - absolutely outstanding work! 

Please don't take this post the wrong way, just wanted to give as constructive feedback as possible as I really do feel this skin is the best one I've seen made for any FM version. 

Edited by bakersdozen22

On 19/11/2021 at 22:24, EnigMattic1 said:

I apologise if this isn't allowed to be mentioned on here but are you able to add the Japanese club profile fix to your skin? Wannachupbrew has made a skin with it but the xml file clashes with your club overview. 

anyone know if this is going to happen? would really love it :)

ergo..the japan club fix.

On 27/11/2021 at 15:15, Rivanov said:

Already changed that file and that fixes most of the panels. But not these panels unfortunately.. I really don't know which file has these header files.

Fixed it! In panels/match/comps/ger/bundesliga/ there is also a match day header panel.xml
Changed that file and it solved my problem. :)

23 hours ago, dℍaisa said:

So it also means that the comparision panel can't be updated when a player's alternate position is selected(via the field map) in player profile view?

It is only possible if it already exists in the game (which it does). However, placing the element on the Player Profile causes problems with the "Role Selector". I tested it and because of this issue I could not add it to the skin sadly.

19 hours ago, Obaaa said:

Sorry to ask again but is something like this possible?

It is possible indeed. You would need to add a layer to the client_object_browser just above the background image.

15 hours ago, bakersdozen22 said:

I really do like this skin but I'd like to give the following feedback:

• Personally, I'm not a fan of the processing drop down now being in the centre of the screen. Feels a bit alien for a Football manager game.
  • Not a fan of the 'Z' at the top where 'FM' usually is - I understand the reasoning for it though.
  • This skin feels slightly slower than the default FM skin. When I go back to default it feels much more reponsive. (Caching enabled)
  • Prefer to have the home/away/third colour bars underneath the kits on the club overview. 
  • Don't like having access to club finances when it's not very realisic that I can just look at any club and know exactly how much they are worth etc. Again, I understand why people would want it though. 
  • Don't like the option to sim a game whilst actually in a match. 

Apart from that - absolutely outstanding work! 

Please don't take this post the wrong way, just wanted to give as constructive feedback as possible as I really do feel this skin is the best one I've seen made for any FM version. 

Hi @bakersdozen22, thanks for the feedback.

I understand your feelings regarding the processing bar. New things often do feel alien and had FM done it this year themselves, the response would undoubtedly be the same. There are several popups in the game and I wanted the processing bar to join them in its aesthetic. There are no other "glued-to-the-top" elements like the processing bar and the change feels like a subtle improvement.

The Z, as you have pointed out is there due to my partnership with Zealand. We kept everything as subtle as possible with links hidden away in menus and the tutorial button only appearing when one is available etc. Compared to what it could have been, I think we did a decent job.

The skin will inevitably be somewhat slower due to the increase of elements on each modded page, some of which are "calling" a lot of variables in order for elements to work properly. I'm working on streamlining things to make them snappier if at all possible.

Regarding the kit labels, I completely understand, though in order to achieve a decent enough size for the kits, something had to go and the labels were the most expendable. Most people know what their kits are and that the order is "Home, Away, Third" or "Home, Away" with only two kits.

Regarding the finances, I originally had the Pink Finances chart available on all club pages but removed it for this very reason. I compromised with the current set of financial data which, contrary to your thoughts, is actually very realistic as is information that is accessible to anyone and everyone. I kept back information that you would not have access to such as the Current Transfer Budget/Wage Budget etc. as that information can only be speculated on.

Places like Forbes list the most valuable clubs all the time, and you can read information regarding club wage bills etc. all the time in the newspaper. Other clubs are well aware of their competitors overall financial situations, it is merely the specific seasonal budgets etc. that would be private for obvious reasons. Despite the information given, you still don't know how much a club has to spend or whether they have room in their wage budget for another top signing. That seemed right to me as one could easily use that information to manipulate transfer proceedings.

FInally, I encourage you to take a look at the code and have a crack at making your own skin. It takes a bit of getting used to for sure, though once you crack the basics, you can easily change a few colours here and there, move something across the page etc. My initial foray into the skinning world came when I wasn't entirely satisfied with the skin I was using. The ability to make a tweak here and there is priceless 👍

ALL the best 🤘

2 hours ago, Rivanov said:

Fixed it! In panels/match/comps/ger/bundesliga/ there is also a match day header panel.xml
Changed that file and it solved my problem. :)

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I'm glad you found it in the end. The mod had to be placed there also as there are different header panels for the different competitions, despite there being no obvious visual changes to them.

18 minutes ago, FMEnhanced said:

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I'm glad you found it in the end. The mod had to be placed there also as there are different header panels for the different competitions, despite there being no obvious visual changes to them.

No problem! Thanks for your effort. Great great skin overall!

Sorry for reintroduce this, but there is some issue on the match day panel, the button "Continue to the second half" just disappears.

I keep feeding my folder of player's faces, so frequently I restart the skin. After several times, the button goes missing. Something to do with clear cache ?

6 hours ago, FMEnhanced said:

It is possible indeed. You would need to add a layer to the client_object_browser just above the background image.

Thanks mate, I have no skinning knowledge so don't think I'll be able to do it myself but appreciate the response!

8 hours ago, FMEnhanced said:

Hi @bakersdozen22, thanks for the feedback.

I understand your feelings regarding the processing bar. New things often do feel alien and had FM done it this year themselves, the response would undoubtedly be the same. There are several popups in the game and I wanted the processing bar to join them in its aesthetic. There are no other "glued-to-the-top" elements like the processing bar and the change feels like a subtle improvement.

The Z, as you have pointed out is there due to my partnership with Zealand. We kept everything as subtle as possible with links hidden away in menus and the tutorial button only appearing when one is available etc. Compared to what it could have been, I think we did a decent job.

The skin will inevitably be somewhat slower due to the increase of elements on each modded page, some of which are "calling" a lot of variables in order for elements to work properly. I'm working on streamlining things to make them snappier if at all possible.

Regarding the kit labels, I completely understand, though in order to achieve a decent enough size for the kits, something had to go and the labels were the most expendable. Most people know what their kits are and that the order is "Home, Away, Third" or "Home, Away" with only two kits.

Regarding the finances, I originally had the Pink Finances chart available on all club pages but removed it for this very reason. I compromised with the current set of financial data which, contrary to your thoughts, is actually very realistic as is information that is accessible to anyone and everyone. I kept back information that you would not have access to such as the Current Transfer Budget/Wage Budget etc. as that information can only be speculated on.

Places like Forbes list the most valuable clubs all the time, and you can read information regarding club wage bills etc. all the time in the newspaper. Other clubs are well aware of their competitors overall financial situations, it is merely the specific seasonal budgets etc. that would be private for obvious reasons. Despite the information given, you still don't know how much a club has to spend or whether they have room in their wage budget for another top signing. That seemed right to me as one could easily use that information to manipulate transfer proceedings.

FInally, I encourage you to take a look at the code and have a crack at making your own skin. It takes a bit of getting used to for sure, though once you crack the basics, you can easily change a few colours here and there, move something across the page etc. My initial foray into the skinning world came when I wasn't entirely satisfied with the skin I was using. The ability to make a tweak here and there is priceless 👍

ALL the best 🤘

Really can’t argue with any of the points made here neither do I want to. Nothing but admiration for the effort and desire you clearly have for this skin. 

I know a lot of skin preferences are subjective which is why it was just my own opinion - taking absolutely nothing away from what you’ve made here. Really really impressive 👍🏻

2 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

Go over here, this should help you. It did for me.

Thanks. I tried to play around with "sidebar menu table" but to no avail. Seems like it just needs a transparent container over the sidebar similar to how a transparent container is over the rest of the interface, but I can't work out how.

Is the bar at the top where you can select which highlights to view after a match meant to not be there anymore?

I can't imagine it would be taken out on purpose so I guess something is wrong?

1162410826_Screenshot2021-11-30at12_25_03.jpg.ddf1caff46582b51e0be4756f0203988.jpg

Also I'm not sure where to ask this but is there some way to stop the game from giving in-match messages using club long names instead of the regular name without going to the editor and changing the name of every club in the game?

For example, last night I noticed on the touchline tablet said "Club Brugge Koninklijke Voetbalvereniging have substituted X for Y" instead of Club Brugge.

23 hours ago, pedrosantos said:

Sorry for reintroduce this, but there is some issue on the match day panel, the button "Continue to the second half" just disappears.

I keep feeding my folder of player's faces, so frequently I restart the skin. After several times, the button goes missing. Something to do with clear cache ?

Sounds like a FM issues. I have made no adjustments to any of those header panels except to add the Zealand button.

1 hour ago, lckyby said:

Is the bar at the top where you can select which highlights to view after a match meant to not be there anymore?

1162410826_Screenshot2021-11-30at12_25_03.jpg.ddf1caff46582b51e0be4756f0203988.jpg

Also I'm not sure where to ask this but is there some way to stop the game from giving in-match messages using club long names instead of the regular name without going to the editor and changing the name of every club in the game?

For example, last night I noticed on the touchline tablet said "Club Brugge Koninklijke Voetbalvereniging have substituted X for Y" instead of Club Brugge.

Not sure about the initial problem regarding the timeline. As you pointed out, I didn't purposely remove it. Whenever you encounter an issue like this, ensure you compare with the default skin and contrast the behaviour.

Regarding the Long Club Names in commentary, again I'm not sure but it seems unlikely that it can be changed. I'll look into it regardless 👍

5 hours ago, kaxxa123 said:

Hi stadiums are not showing up correctly. they are all showing up all the same194080212_zeelandstaduim2.thumb.png.695fc2e95a48befc1c2eb77b38131a35.png

zeeland staduim1.png

Firstly, I can see from the pictures that the stadiums are not the same, at least not exactly. The seat colours are correct to the team you are viewing.

Alternatively, you will need to download stadiums. They don't come with the game but are available to download from many FM Contributor Sites.

15 hours ago, McBride said:

tablet Team Stats open and the tabs on there keep resetting after highlights. This is with 3.0

Thanks for the feedback. I have fixed this for the next update. I thought it had been fixed as I encountered no issues during testing, though upon review, it seems to be a recurring problem.

Definitely fixed for the next update though. I spent a lot of time on it, with several saves, whilst clearing the cache, whilst restarting the game etc. I seem to have done it finally.

When I have finished a couple other fixes/additions, I will post the update 👍

31 minutes ago, FMEnhanced said:

Sounds like a FM issues. I have made no adjustments to any of those header panels except to add the Zealand button.

I tried it in full-screen and it was the same.

Normal FM skin shows the bar in both windowed and full-screen.

Redownloaded your skin and it is still missing in both windowed and full-screen. No idea.

38 minutes ago, FMEnhanced said:

Not sure about the initial problem regarding the timeline. As you pointed out, I didn't purposely remove it. Whenever you encounter an issue like this, ensure you compare with the default skin and contrast the behaviour.

Regarding the Long Club Names in commentary, again I'm not sure but it seems unlikely that it can be changed. I'll look into it regardless 👍

i'm pretty sure the timeline at the top got removed in fm20, and the only way to "show" goals was to use the rewind or by clicking the time of the goal in the notable events.

2 hours ago, lckyby said:

forgot to add you to my previous answer above

2 hours ago, junkerne said:

i'm pretty sure the timeline at the top got removed in fm20, and the only way to "show" goals was to use the rewind or by clicking the time of the goal in the notable events.

Huh? It's still there in regular FM22 with no skins...

178109411_Screenshot2021-11-30at16_48_03.jpg.23ca1603f8e44ad1222db3ab86c01c59.jpg

9 hours ago, shkupjan said:

Check your screen resolution as well. It should be at 100%.

Like I said. The game resolution is 1920x1080 with zoom on 100%

I play in windowed mode on iMac 5K but I have set the FM window to exactly 1920x1080

5 hours ago, staclarapa said:

hey how do you have that??

and can FME implement this timeline too? @FMEnhanced

To be clear my posts are showing the timeline in the highlights when you look at a match that has already been played. It's not there live during a match I am playing.

That's normal, right?

The timeline isn't there in the highlights after a match with this skin, though.

26 minutes ago, lckyby said:

To be clear my posts are showing the timeline in the highlights when you look at a match that has already been played. It's not there live during a match I am playing.

That's normal, right?

that's correct. no way to activate during a match 

if it's not there in post match highlights, then yeah something is not working

It's possible to add it even to the actual match.

This is what I have right now in my personal skin.

obrazek.thumb.png.3af208feae33820a19d1715cdb768306.png

And this is a post match when I hit watch highlights button.

obrazek.thumb.png.2713f075a2391622a0c6b141e8be0c06.png

I edited the match title bar.xml and added the match time bar widget and I only adjusted the width to ensure it works during both live and already played match.

<!--match time bar-->
<widget class="match_time_slider_panel" height="35" id="mtml" auto_size="horizontal" width="350">
	<record id="object_property">
		<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
		<integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
	</record>
</widget>

But bluestillidie00 is right that if it's not working when viewing the already played match, something is missing.

3 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

that's correct. no way to activate during a match 

if it's not there in post match highlights, then yeah something is not working

Not sure what. I had a version of the skin with some edits from this thread and it wasn't there. Then I redownloaded the 3.0 skin with no changes to any files and it's still the same. Odd..

On 30/11/2021 at 14:59, FMEnhanced said:

Firstly, I can see from the pictures that the stadiums are not the same, at least not exactly. The seat colours are correct to the team you are viewing.

Alternatively, you will need to download stadiums. They don't come with the game but are available to download from many FM Contributor Sites.

ok thanks for clearing it up

13 hours ago, dzoesef said:

Hi, how do I download this skin on a macbook air and import it into my game(fm22). Still kinda new to this. Thanks

Place the folder with the .FMF file in /users/username/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2022/skins