[FM 22] Russian Mud Season: How to Slow or Stop an Attack! featuring FC Baltika Kaliningrad

Hootieleece

FC Baltika

uZmqoX.png

July/August 2022: Regular Season "We can play in this League"

Manager's Thoughts

The team came into the season with low expectations, but I decided that the only way to stay up was to play offensively with the 3-4-2-1. If we could score in the RPL we would have a chance. My faith in the offensive abilities of my team was well founded. Yes, we are not the best defensively, but that is something that can be fixed with fitter players. Since I have noticed that we give up an inordinate number of goals late in game. Our play gets us or keeps us in games, but the team seems to run out of energy after about 75 minutes. That is something I will look to fix as the older players leave and are replaced with younger fitter players in the future, but that can't happen unless we stay in the RPL. 

Schedule

mY7X1P.jpg

Highlights

c6xwk8.jpg

this injury shows why I need to find more depth for the backline.....a fringe player out of contract that is a backup is now out for a month!

zTion9.jpg

and I found a warm body that was willing to join on loan!

0drjfn.jpg

He isn't the greatest CB, but he will keep a 16 year-old out of the Opening Day Starting XI!

The Board reminded me of their Expectations.

3zmdpQ.jpg

All are reachable as long as we are competitive.

0pWC8q.jpg

Speaking of Opening Day the team had to travel to Sochi for a match......not the worst team to open with...

The team would remain playing the 3-4-2-1 because of an abundance of attacking players and also because it seems that teams are not expecting us to play through the middle.

1kNfQX.jpg

It wasn't the prettiest win but the team showed that it could play at this level. I decided to change to the 5-2-3WB after Halftime to try and get a second goal. it didn't work. On another day we could have lost, but 3 points are 3 points! That much closer to our goal of 36!

qKxxUu.jpg

The new GK impressed in his debut, but will have to for us to achieve our goals!

Z1hpkI.jpg

The analysts were not overly enthused, but overall, we were the better team.

The team returned to Kaliningrad victorious and looking forward to our next opponent: Lokomotiv Moscow

r31ekA.jpg

The bookies and media didn't give us a chance, but with several of their players out I thought we would have a chance.

o0enXu.jpg

The team got off on the front foot scoring first, but Lokomotiv answered. Dibiradjiev scored late, but it wasn't enough. Alex Miranchuk scored his second as the fans and team were beginning to celebrate! That made it a draw! at least the team got a point!

vTZq0q.jpg

The Analytics show that the match was even and that the draw was the probable outcome.

After the letdown against Lokomotiv, the team was to host Ufa at Kaliningrad Stadium.

E62HIG.jpg

Ufa was a huge favorite....

SCEXSV.jpg

This is how we lined up do to Kazaev being knocked out with a training injury...

aY0HSG.jpg

The Ufa Center Forward ate our back three for lunch...

5DYZTq.jpg

and our other starting CM is now out for at least a month!

spy2dk.jpg

And I was furious on how bad the Defense was after the game!

2ewqst.jpg

According to Analytics the match should have been a draw, but Bad defending and Goalkeeping made it a terrible loss.

Ykapmz.jpg

Yes, injuries are hurting us especially in the Center midfield and our CB's will be playing the next match without backups!

ifowed.jpg

The team had to recover from the loss to Ufa and decide if they would fight or roll over for Akhmat!

27TGgb.jpg

The team decided to FIGHT!

EtmENY.jpg

The team won the game with a late winner from Lazarev a star from our Academy!

aHwjSA.jpg

I had decided to use the 5-2-3 Wide in this match and use new signee Artemchuk as a Wide Target man to mess with the opposing defense since I noticed that the RB from Akhmat was adventurous.

G3CTFQ.jpg

The team took control in the end and scrambling for players to fill a formation worked! We got the win!

Next the team had to visit League Powerhouse Zenit in St. Petersburg.

xAMMjR.jpg

The team was an underdog and I expected to lose, but as long as it was competitive I would be happy.

VolqxE.jpg

I have problems with the press...maybe it is because I don't buy them Vodka...during Team Bonding sessions or are they jealous I am a Football Manager!

5M0IWv.jpg

I said so in the Press Conference because I am happy that we are grabbing needed points that will help us when the inevitable slump comes.

5AdDvQ.jpg

This shows how weak we actually are....most of the players named in this report are backups for the First Team.

L6TVPT.jpg

Zenit beat us fair and square just like one would expect, but we didn't get blown out.

7avQMT.jpg

Yes, I think we belong! If my ragtag team can keep this up.... We will be something to behold when we have money to spend!

The team had to trek to Ekaterinberg in the Ural Mountains for the next match to save costs the team left from St. Petersburg.

BTupmx.jpg

Ural was favored because they were the home team and the press was sure I couldn't keep up my "smoke and mirror" tricks forever.

UfXc4G.jpg 

Another day with two goals and another win!

O1Iqhu.jpg

The team dominated the game. The only worrying thing is the fact that we seem to give up late goals!

R8nial.jpg

The analytics predicted a win and we got one, but the late goal allowed is annoying.

esgetN.jpg

Baltika Players making the Team of the Week is always a sign your playing well.

The last match of the month saw the Team return home to host CSKA Moscow!

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/923/Mw2hm2.jpg

The team was an underdog but I expected them to play well a maybe nick a win!

k4E51u.jpg

We played well in the first half and early in the second, but faded towards the end and gave up two goals that robbed us of all three points!

LtEorl.jpg

Another good performance by Analytics. The team seems to need more stamina so we can see out games.

L0XHnc.jpg

A decent chance of winning the Group in the Russian Cup since I am going to play backups because I need to rest my starters! Since they can't seem to finish out games.

League Table

lmnrjF.jpg

Player of the Month

e7XNZa.jpg

Meschaninnov is really stepping up since he became captain none of the late goals are his fault!

Analytics Report

34o5dT.jpg

Management Report

bpxuzq.jpg

Cp3JZ6.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MattyLewis11 said:

Cracking start to the save, congratulations with the promotion. 

Thanks, I'm was lucky Dibirgadjiev put in probably the season of his career to get us promoted. The people who say crossing and wing play is where it's at need to actually try the Vertical Tiki Taka Template. It plays beautiful football soccer and absolutely CAN play through the middle. The only thing that is keeping me from scoring is low finishing and composure.

A lot of my team want to become kickers in the NFL!

In my updates I haven't really played top teams in the RPL and it will show when I update.

On another note, I am using a Tuchel-Chelsea like formation...but it is more Frank Lampard -Like!

9 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Congratulations on the promotion and a good solid start 

Thanks, the promotion was a definite possibility, but I still had to be played. I think that the team has enough to stay up, but there is a lack of bravery and aggression in the team that contributes to our defensive woes. The biggest culprit is lack of Stamina though since we tend to press.

Even though I am using a Tuchel-Like System I might resurrect "Nesselquist Ball" of the 5-2-1-2 WB.

I am actually on an Anti-Crossing Crusade....just because Meta says it can't be done!

FC Baltika

ig6LRE.gif

September 2022:Regular Season "You lost that losing feeling"

Manager's Thoughts

The month of September was a "Perfect Storm" other teams for the most part underestimating us and also a bit of luck. Playing through the Middle with the 3-4-2-1 works and it we control the game with possession that keeps the defense from being exposed. I know this will not last forever, but for now I will enjoy!

Das Vidanya!

Schedule

BoKnmu.jpg

Highlights

The month started off with Transfer Window deadline and an International Break. First up would be powerhouses Spartak Moscow.

4cOo2d.jpg

V1rltY.jpg

It was considered a slow news day. At Baltika there was very little activity since we are already over budget!

After Transfer Day and the International Break Spartak came visiting....

b3mtAR.jpg

If we play well and Spartak have a bad day we have a chance, but only if we have our scoring boots!

bNHbBr.jpg

As you can see we won a Goal Fest! and the fans loved it!

JIf06Z.jpg

It took a team, but we beat a one man show by Roman Zobnin!

IXTgsb.jpg

The Game made the Highlight Shows!

After the High of the Victory over Spartak the team started its Russian Cup run....

ANOysS.jpg

We were going to play a newly promoted 2nd Division team.....and we were slated to play Fringe players and Youngsters.

ECjY0W.jpg

Still will need a good outing from the Fringe players.....maybe a few will give me something to think about!

JGFs0a.jpg

The Lower League Team played their hearts out even after going down to 10 men early......toughest match of the month.

Things didn't really open up until I subbed on a few of the Regulars and we then got the needed goal!

dpq5Zn.jpg

Most notably the team started a 16 year old Academy Product, who is actually a backup for the First Team and will get some game time due to a lack of depth at Centerback.

nrzyEd.jpg

I am hoping playing and training with the first team will accelerate his development. He remind me of my self at that age....with worse attributes if I say so myself!

iZKJ88.jpg

Hopefully he fulfills his potential!

c76OFU.jpg 

This is to show how one sided the game was and we barely scraped by...analysts can't explain it!

The team then headed for Samara and a date with Krilja Sovetov

fnJT4V.jpg

Both teams were in good form and I was hoping for a better showing in this game!

o8Y0Yb.jpg

Samara's defenses crumbled and were left in "Shock and Awe" of the Baltika Blitz!

but the difference was goalkeeping...Levashov had a good day and the Sovetov Goalie made more than a few mistakes!

SCrEvP.jpg

Dibiradjiev had a day leading the line and playing balls to his teammates.....If he was just more consistent!

riWoEj.jpg

I was beginning to fear he wasn't up to this level....

3pYGH1.jpg

He played about as well as one could, hopefully he shows up like this in the future!

gZ98SY.jpg

The Analytics showed that the match was much closer than the scoreline. Without Levashov's good goalkeeping bailing out the defense and two errors by the other keeper....the team might have lost!

The Team left Samara and headed for Volgograd to play Rotor next.

EWQSJr.jpg

Our rivals for the RNL title were struggling more than we were, but we needed another good performance to get the 3 points!

RyNCww.jpg

Just before the game we lost Kuzmin....and that might have been a factor.....

ZofS6y.jpg

Rotor played us tough as always and it took a late goal from Lazarev to get us the draw!

4NzcFB.jpg

A media story made me realize that we were playing real well....I had been more concerned with each game as it came and having more points than games played!

6dMXBZ.jpg

According to our analysts were were outplayed but that a draw is a fair result....

xzJNjP.jpg

The Media and Bookies have decided that we were better than relegation Fodder.....would we live up to our favorite status?

S7HCqD.jpg

qTXyES.jpg

A great result, but Arsenal Tula tried to play like Burnley and didn't even try to contest our possession and that allowed us to carve them up!

5bqvbt.jpg

This was a match in which we were in control the whole time.....

0AifKf.jpg

I love having the ball because it is the best defense.....it is hard for the other team to score without the ball!

l5FHIC.jpg

The analysts and I were ecstatic over the results against Arsenal Tula!

League Table

UCiCyW.jpg

Analytics Report

i8x3GD.jpg

PSgojE.jpg

The stats are decent overall, but the attacking numbers are something to write home about except the Shot on Target%!

Like I said at the start of the season if we could average 2 goals/Match we would have a chance

Player of the Month

TMOjDX.jpg

Without his GK performances our unbeaten streak would be stillborn.....hoping for more to come!

Management Report

faT5qS.jpg

uQWdrG.jpg

The only thing bad is the financials....

Thanks For Reading!

Edited by Hootieleece
added words I forgot

2 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

FC Baltika

ig6LRE.gif

September 2022:Regular Season "You lost that losing feeling"

Manager's Thoughts

The month of September was a "Perfect Storm" other teams for the most part underestimating us and also a bit of luck. Playing through the Middle with the 3-4-2-1 works and it we control the game with possession that keeps the defense from being exposed. I know this will not last forever, but for now I will enjoy!

Das Vidanya!

Schedule

BoKnmu.jpg

Highlights

The month started off with Transfer Window deadline and an International Break. First up would be powerhouses Spartak Moscow.

4cOo2d.jpg

V1rltY.jpg

It was considered a slow news day. At Baltika there was very little activity since we are already over budget!

After Transfer Day and the International Break Spartak came visiting....

b3mtAR.jpg

If we play well and Spartak have a bad day we have a chance, but only if we have our scoring boots!

bNHbBr.jpg

As you can see we won a Goal Fest! and the fans loved it!

JIf06Z.jpg

It took a team, but we beat a one man show by Roman Zobnin!

IXTgsb.jpg

The Game made the Highlight Shows!

After the High of the Victory over Spartak the team started its Russian Cup run....

ANOysS.jpg

We were going to play a newly promoted 2nd Division team.....and we were slated to play Fringe players and Youngsters.

ECjY0W.jpg

Still will need a good outing from the Fringe players.....maybe a few will give me something to think about!

JGFs0a.jpg

The Lower League Team played their hearts out even after going down to 10 men early......toughest match of the month.

Things didn't really open up until I subbed on a few of the Regulars and we then got the needed goal!

dpq5Zn.jpg

Most notably the team started a 16 year old Academy Product, who is actually a backup for the First Team and will get some game time due to a lack of depth at Centerback.

nrzyEd.jpg

I am hoping playing and training with the first team will accelerate his development. He remind me of my self at that age....with worse attributes if I say so myself!

iZKJ88.jpg

Hopefully he fulfills his potential!

c76OFU.jpg 

This is to show how one sided the game was and we barely scraped by...analysts can't explain it!

The team then headed for Samara and a date with Krilja Sovetov

fnJT4V.jpg

Both teams were in good form and I was hoping for a better showing in this game!

o8Y0Yb.jpg

Samara's defenses crumbled and were left in "Shock and Awe" of the Baltika Blitz!

but the difference was goalkeeping...Levashov had a good day and the Sovetov Goalie made more than a few mistakes!

SCrEvP.jpg

Dibiradjiev had a day leading the line and playing balls to his teammates.....If he was just more consistent!

riWoEj.jpg

I was beginning to fear he wasn't up to this level....

3pYGH1.jpg

He played about as well as one could, hopefully he shows up like this in the future!

gZ98SY.jpg

The Analytics showed that the match was much closer than the scoreline. Without Levashov's good goalkeeping bailing out the defense and two errors by the other keeper....the team might have lost!

The Team left Samara and headed for Volgograd to play Rotor next.

EWQSJr.jpg

Our rivals for the RNL title were struggling more than we were, but we needed another good performance to get the 3 points!

RyNCww.jpg

Just before the game we lost Kuzmin....and that might have been a factor.....

ZofS6y.jpg

Rotor played us tough as always and it took a late goal from Lazarev to get us the draw!

4NzcFB.jpg

A media story made me realize that we were playing real well....I had been more concerned with each game as it came and having more points than games played!

6dMXBZ.jpg

According to our analysts were were outplayed but that a draw is a fair result....

xzJNjP.jpg

The Media and Bookies have decided that we were better than relegation Fodder.....would we live up to our favorite status?

S7HCqD.jpg

qTXyES.jpg

A great result, but Arsenal Tula tried to play like Burnley and didn't even try to contest our possession and that allowed us to carve them up!

5bqvbt.jpg

This was a match in which we were in control the whole time.....

0AifKf.jpg

I love having the ball because it is the best defense.....it is hard for the other team to score without the ball!

l5FHIC.jpg

The analysts and I were ecstatic over the results against Arsenal Tula!

League Table

UCiCyW.jpg

Analytics Report

i8x3GD.jpg

PSgojE.jpg

The stats are decent overall, but the attacking numbers are something to write home about except the Shot on Target%!

Like I said at the start of the season if we could average 2 goals/Match we would have a chance

Player of the Month

TMOjDX.jpg

Without his GK performances our unbeaten streak would be stillborn.....hoping for more to come!

Management Report

faT5qS.jpg

uQWdrG.jpg

The only thing bad is the financials....

Thanks For Reading!

Are we witnessing a title challenge here ?

FC Baltika

ig6LRE.gif

October 2022: Regular Season "That Cold November Rain" in October!

Manager's Thoughts

The team finally came up against players we had NO answer for. Ali Sow looked like a heading machine against us and it was great goaltending that made it respectable. The Krasnodar game was much the same. We played well according to analytics and I think it was quality of player more than tactics that beat us. Also Krasnodar only dressed 13 players for the match...so I expect a beating when they are full strength since there is no chance of us strengthening the squad before next season!

Our hopes are dampened but not diminished!

Schedule

WTaaRO.jpg

Highlights (or should I say lowlights)

The month of November began with great promise with the win against the Arsenal that continued a 5 game unbeaten streak. Then came ANOTHER International Break.

After the break The team would play some powerhouse teams that had been sputtering starting with Rubin!

4kMBie.jpg

The Trip to Kazan was first.....Rubin's bad play had the fans staying away! I hoped we could make that continue!

CIKiAs.jpg

It was just not meant to be.....the team had left their shooting boots at home and were auditioning for the NFL!

61fKqM.jpg

That ended the Unbeaten streak and it brought all of us crashing back to earth.

98vXWq.jpg

The Analytics show that a loss was the most likely outcome....

Next up was a visit to KamAZ for a Russian Cup match....

6gHtVp.jpg

Since the match against Rostov was coming up and this was a Cup game I decided to play the fringe players.....

zUAhJq.jpg

It was a blow out but that was mostly due to KamAZ defensive and goalkeeping errors that helped pad the stats!

UdSV6g.jpg

As shown by the Analytics the Team wasn't at its best, but still did enough to advance!

jscrui.jpg

JFNyN0.jpg

Not a bad matchup, I think we'll have an even chance of advancing based on our play against them this season.

The team then headed to Rostov and everyone thought we had a chance!

RezeSB.jpg

What they didn't know is that Rubin was well suited to defeating us!

QRwgBj.jpg

It was all about their CF Ali Sow! He jumped and danced around our defenders and looked like vintage Benteke or Giroud while heading Crosses that we couldn't stop!

j1KPzm.jpg

and maybe one of the Rostov goals was offside, but I won't complain....

zfCGh9.jpg

The game was close and frustrating because it was a tactical duel between two contrasting styles....

After the tough loss in Rostov, the team returned home to Kaliningrad while awaiting another powerhouse opponent: Krasnodar.

9hKclz.jpg

This is a blow....just before the big game

CR9JcM.jpg

The Game was just Terrible and we made Jhon Cordoba look like vintage Ronaldo!

BuKvWc.jpg

The press are trying to get me in trouble with the Referee's Union! I wasn't that stupid.....

HSMvUA.jpg

Analytics put "makeup on a pig" . That match was ugly and I will need to be ready for more of the same after the World Cup Break!

pO4zmF.jpg

League Table

YmlwmG.jpg

The team is in the top half of the table with just under half the season under our belts. If we can match our point total over the Rest of the Season, I think we'll be safe.

The Goal is 12th or better!

Player of the Month

Vitaly Shakhov

1zILZf.jpg

You would probably consider me crazy to nominate a defender after our recent performances, but actually it was more a midfield and Attacking problem than defensive. He had the highest rating over the last 5 games!

Management Report

Dba5PP.jpg

5nTy9i.jpg

The finances are ugly and the only thing that can solve it is European Football and I think that is beyond us at this time.

Thanks for Reading!

Edited by Hootieleece
added words I forgot

FC Baltika

uZmqoX.png

November/December 2022: Midseason Break/ World Cup Break

Highlights

t2zR6I.jpg

All the usual suspects even if most except Haaland is long in the tooth!

aOWtw1.jpg

The youth team went on break as well!

oeLGsZ.jpg

and the next intake is less than promising!

kwQ6c5.jpg

Arsenal Tula offer a job....

Pros: better financial backing (I have played them before)

Cons: in the Relegation fight already

If this wasn't a one team save it would be an attractive option. They have the financial ability of a midtable team and with financial expertise can become a player in Europe!

ISk6Im.jpg

But I answered the question believing in Baltika!

World Cup 2022 Qatar

Bs5mOr.jpg

Sz7R3T.jpg

lBqCRR.jpg

s6B0ms.jpg

England won and it was anti-climactic!

Highlights (Part deux)

As the year ran out the team had players deals to re-work....

uvAzBE.jpg

UArSgE.jpg

and Vitaly Shakhov all re-negotiated deals that would lessen their pay in the short term but would keep them employed in the near future!

eHjf6f.jpg

FC Baltika decided on loaning a player we were interested in signing....

OsXPKw.jpg

2xfbec.jpg

He did join and we hope to get him on a Free Transfer in June!

0npZad.jpg

We made another signing for the Future....The name sold me!

wagvXG.jpg

I think he will challenge Alshin for IW-R...

Management Report

2sDCnJ.jpg

oDAOTN.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

🎵we lost that loooosing feeling!

We lost that looosing feeling!

But now it’s back, back, back!🎵

Great month followed by a tough one, but that’s what you get for putting that song in my head. Though that’s what get for referencing a catchy song in my latest post…

Either way, even with a tough month, looks like Baltika are still in the top flight to stay! That has to be the main aim in the first season anyway.

10 hours ago, 13th Man said:

🎵we lost that loooosing feeling!

We lost that looosing feeling!

But now it’s back, back, back!🎵

Great month followed by a tough one, but that’s what you get for putting that song in my head. Though that’s what get for referencing a catchy song in my latest post…

Either way, even with a tough month, looks like Baltika are still in the top flight to stay! That has to be the main aim in the first season anyway.

My goal for the season is 45 points or at least 12th place. (Stay Up without Playoffs)

I think it will be a season or two before we are really ready to do anymore than that...

Edited by Hootieleece
edited to become gramatically correct

FC Baltika

ig6LRE.gif

January 2023 : Preseason/Regular Season "Travelling Blues"

Manager's Thoughts

The second preseason in the Middle East went well the team seemed prepared for the upcoming resumption of the season. Unfortunately I guess the players thought so too....I think they left their playing ability especially offensively in the sand. On the management side,the team was able to bring in two players that should help us soon and in the future. Hopefully the poor play is a wake up call. Otherwise there will lots of long sad flights home in our future.... 

Schedule

kG4Trc.jpg

Highlights

W2rjWU.jpg

another signing for the future.....

BNfvCh.jpg

The Team had to shake the rust off against a fired up Baltika2 to start off Preseason.

sg6aBD.jpg

and the game cost us the services of our playmaker.....

M6mw80.jpg

This was a player on my radar and would replace one of the out of contract players on the team.

fKd7kA.jpg

So we put in a loan offer, Kuban was looking for us to make the deal permanent for $50k. Fiddled with the books, but found the money!

xYme6O.jpg

In the middle of our training camp another important player is expected to miss time.

ogETJO.jpg

and now that Petrunin is joining just before the resumption of the season. I can rid myself of a $322k/year contract being paid month to month! since the player was only on the team for depth purposes.

LpiJCQ.jpg

In outer world news, Thomas Tuchel whose formation I am emulating lost his job at Chelsea.

The team came home from the UAE for a final tune up before the season starts:

wk2Njd.jpg

The team played well against a Talented RB Salzburg team. The late score continues a worrying trend.

KhNKVq.jpg

fUOw6w.jpg

He is a definite upgrade on Ostoic and cheaper as well, might even break into the starting lineup before long.

u3kxdK.jpg

Ddw6zW.jpg

another loan of a useful Central Midfielder.....Hopefully we will be able to sign him for next season as we allow some of the old hands leave.

While the Team was warming up for the resumption of the Season I changed one of the Formations trained and this is How we will play:

v7fTTi.jpg

The 3-4-2-1 is our main formation

h1V5Bh.jpg

5-2-12WB "Nesselquist Ball"

This is the new formation to replace the unused 3-4-1-2, but is a similar shape and idea and looks overload the right to create scoring chances.

Kt2ol0.jpg

5-2-3WB Wide

Our version of Wing Play to provide a different method of attack.

Second Half of the Season Starts

The team would start the second half at home against the Top Team in the League!

YR4xGc.jpg

Dinamo was a big favorite and I was hoping to keep it competitive!

b2nl7O.jpg

Loanee Matsukatov signed a Pre-Contract deal just before the first game so he will be ours starting next season.

The match didn't quite go as planned....

uNfeFP.jpg

Pmgb9q.jpg

Murmurs of discontent BECAUSE I stick to a plan.....that got us this far!

UbdRtM.jpg

I was upset with the previous story so I sulked in the locker room, While the Assman took the slings and arrows of the press.

He shot off his mouth....

WcF8NO.jpg

The team was thoroughly outclassed by Dinamo as the Analytics show.

The team was given a week to lick their wounds and then had to travel to Grozny to play Akhmat.

Xw3hhY.jpg

again the opposition was favored , but WE could get something from the game....

cEMPXF.jpg

This was just another day of just abysmal play.....it is like we forgot how to play since September!

karIbv.jpg

Petrunin's debut was the only positive note for the day.....as the press will tell you!

XAXKyi.jpg

League Table

yMQ1u1.jpg

Monthly Analytics Report

qDDqYl.jpg

Player of the Month

Vitaly Shakhov

Me25vz.jpg

Management Report

chzV3Q.jpg

4myP6E.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

Turning into a bit of a slog, but, again, you're still well outside the relegation spots and are still scoring.  Still seems like you'll survive even if that early season form had everyone thinking about Europe and title challenges.  Hopefully a preview of things to come, but maybe a bit down the road.

12 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Just had a quick catch up, you seem to be well established in the Russian Premier League now. The standards are definitely quite tough though as I found out on FM21.

I think we will survive, but it might be closer than I'd like. 

6 hours ago, SixPointer said:

5 losses on the spin. Very tough to take. Any ideas why you think your on a bad spell? And what’s the solution?

No real ideas other than I need better players. The losses were mostly against top teams and gulf in quality showed. Especially in the Krasnodar game before break, 0-3 with .99xG to .82xG. Thing is we often play well just don't finish.....some of the chances created are beautiful.....

Another problem is usually either the Offensive Unit or Defensive unit as a whole in our losses....Like Defenders and GK have 7.0 ratings and Midfield and Attackers No rating better than 6.4! Next match the opposite....

5 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Turning into a bit of a slog, but, again, you're still well outside the relegation spots and are still scoring.  Still seems like you'll survive even if that early season form had everyone thinking about Europe and title challenges.  Hopefully a preview of things to come, but maybe a bit down the road.

I was surprised by the early results. My only real hope to some how get to 33 points before we are found out! That should be enough keep us in the RPL

This is getting ridiculous! I have played farther and have been approached by a 3rd Team for an Interview. All in RPL!

I have been contacted by Rubin Kazan, Arsenal Tula and CSKA Moscow!

I think that CSKA Moscow is a job unrealistic to turn down without an interview. No matter how loyal and Provincial a Russian Avatar is!

I haven't accepted the interview, but want to hear the views of the readers!

If I take the interview I will not Kiss ***! and will fight for a Tuchel Chelsea Style system.

I will not (Savescum) to get the job.

If the readers wish that I stay in Kaliningrad, I will. Their is something to be said of being big fish in little pond!

FC Baltika

uZmqoX.png

February 2023: Regular Season "Nothing Else Matters"

Schedule

q2Bira.jpg

Highlights

The Media had questions after the latest defeat and I answered the best I could....

o1jJAm.jpg

I thought after the players brought in at the opening of the window were enough especially because each would soon become starters!

O25bEP.jpg

The Analytics from the Akhmat game leave a lot to be desired.....

After the Dismal defeat to Akhmat Romanoff called a Team Meeting and Told the Players in no uncertain terms that they needed to play better if the were to stay in the Russian Premier League!

Also we had an offer Interview off from one of our opponents.....probably trying to throw us into confusion!

5eJpIk.jpg

Romanoff remained loyal to Baltika......

In other news a Young Academy player that was highly thought of by other teams will remain with the team.....

HM9v0F.jpg

He is a few years away from the first team, but is a Russian U-19 International.

The Team headed on the road to Ufa for their next league match. Ufa was at the bottom of the table, but were favored because of being the home team and our poor form.....

The team answered the call though......

WNWabW.jpg

To help get us out of our funk I changed to the 5-2-3 Wide and the early goal by Dibirgadjiev got us started and Ufa played tough tying the match at 63 minutes, but Murtazaev and Alshin had the answering goal to win the game! That win might be pivotal in giving us belief for the rest of the season!

xUJEa0.jpg

and restated that belief in the Post Match Presser!

r1kvkc.jpg

Our new Defensive Central Midfielder made his debut....

and in an midweek interview I was asked about the Rubin Job!

SgLZto.jpg

xbsOlP.jpg

Vertical Tiki-Taka on the Rise!

The next matches would see the team play Sochi twice. Once in the League and Once in the Russian Cup!

uwuw80.jpg

We were the home team and expected to win mostly because we were the home team and last week's victory gave us better form!

racxwr.jpg

We almost threw it away with a Red Card Sending off, but the team showed its mettle by grabbing a draw!

nLsunU.jpg

This was quite the game for the Neutrals.....plenty of goals.....I will admit we chased the result and it worked!

iLZKHN.jpg

These questions about VAR are beginning to **** me off!

HA1IfE.jpg

Rubin wants me......not happening!

ZBrQhs.jpg

This is a player I was trying to get to join for next season....I think questions about our RPL membership for next season were the problem.

BtMLCi.jpg

I got in a little bit of a End of Window Frenzy......

3gVEHo.jpg

and made a loan offer for this player to hopefully bring some consistency to our #9 position.....

It took a while to conclude....

HaqrtZ.jpg

This was the deal that was struck....

wjzUWW.jpg

but the player took his time.....about it. Giving us a chance for second thoughts!

In the mean time the Team still had to play Sochi in the Russian Cup!

PV27BQ.jpg

We we still favored and but would need another good performance to advance!

7LgLBb.jpg

It went to penalties! and we Advance!

G64qyR.jpg

and as a reward we get one of the Big Boys of Russian soccer!

Transfer Window Ends

0XJLTm.jpg

I thought about it and decided that Dinamo wanted a price for the player that we couldn't afford especially if the team is relegated. So I cancelled the deal.

yr2C8z.jpg

I did bring in 3 players during the window. Two projected Starters and one Free Agent project on Deadline Day!

Highlights (cont.)

The month would end with a home match against Zenit!

ugY0Ry.jpg

Zenit brings the support, but we are far from filling the Stadium!

0HFCuH.jpg

Zenit even though they are not leading the League are expected to win now that all their players are back from the World Cup!

NgHvjm.jpg

The Team played the Game of their lives....with the Defense really shinning led by Vitaly Shakhov!

gn0HDU.jpg

More inane questions from the press....

The Analytics showed what an upset the match was......

Ddv7nq.jpg

It was an even game and we got the win! this shows if we play our best we can play in this league!

Player of the Month

o3fV3K.jpg

The Captain led a back line that really stepped up after the month opening loss!

Management Report

UvWpsE.jpg

Bt3DAc.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

PS. Sorry for the rush job and tell me if I should take CSKA offer.

58 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

CSKA is a massive job in Russia, European success there as well. But depends on what sort of journey you want my friend. I’m usually a one man club and am just coming into the idea of moving on 

I usually do one club saves for Career Updates. I usually Journeyman around the world with my every year save as my Alter Ego E. Wehttam! Usually starting in the Lower Leagues in England, Build up rep and end after reaching Liverpool.

Your Right CSKA Moscow is a MASSIVE job in Russia that is why I am torn. I enjoyed FC Kosice, but I should have taken Slovan Bratislava Job because it was biggest in the country and No Slovak would have turned it down.

But the Challenge of the one obscure club becoming relevant in much more challenging....

I usually do one club saves for Career Updates. I usually Journeyman around the world with my every year save as my Alter Ego E. Wehttam! Usually starting in the Lower Leagues in England, Build up rep and end after reaching Liverpool.

Your Right CSKA Moscow is a MASSIVE job in Russia that is why I am torn. I enjoyed FC Kosice, but I should have taken Slovan Bratislava Job because it was biggest in the country and No Slovak would have turned it down.

But the Challenge of the one obscure club becoming relevant in much more challenging....

Only you know what feels right for you dude 

FC Baltika

ig6LRE.gif

March 2023: Regular Season "Hanging Around"

Manager's Thoughts

This month was another one that would ask questions of the team and myself. Are we going to stay up? Will I stay? 

The team played well except for the Cup Game and it wasn't really shown in the results. We are closer to survival than ever, but there is still a chance of relegation.

CSKA Moscow offered me an Interview, I had to go. It is a massive job especially in Russia. I wasn't selected to take them forward so I will continue hanging around Kaliningrad and trying to figure out the defensive mess.

Since I have no control over the Financial Picture of the team. Best I can hope for is making sure we stay up!

Schedule

R5piix.jpg

Highlights

The month began with a visit from Ural of Ekaterinburg. This was a match we had to win if we were to avoid relegation. Since the other three matches are against much bigger Moscow sides.

X17otq.jpg

The bookies and press made us favorites, but we would have to do a professional job.

gSOODg.jpg

Ural gave us a tough battle, but we won on the day. Thanks to second half subs Lazarev and Musaev. which helped us overcome the talents of Wesley Nata.

VX6sp0.jpg

Kuzmin had quite the game....He is one of the players I am trying to build around as a CM-A.

s9nqyq.jpg

The Analytics show as much more dominant than the scoreline reflects.

nEnTMP.jpg

Rumors about being offered the CSKA job started.....

yJkHyB.jpg

I said there was nothing to them. Little did I know....

Now the team had to travel to Moscow for back to back games against Moscow sides. I lobbied for staying in the Capital between matches, but was overruled by the board.

3D4JxN.jpg

This would be a tough match even if we had better form going into the match.

MMu3b8.jpg

The Board was happy with my stance....but I think if something comes of it I will think about it.

kvrTce.jpg

This match was there for the taking. Dibirgadjiev's Goal just before halftime put us in the lead, but only fired up Lokomotiv and they came out spirited in the second half and we just couldn't keep up!

We come after the deflating loss.

Youth Intake Day!

mobfHO.jpg

SbM7XL.jpg

Ivanov will be retrained as a SS-A in our 3-4-2-1, but could also end up CM-D. He is the Top Prospect.

XrXBeW.jpg

Balbanov will be retrained as a CB mostly because I like Tall CB's and  he lacks pace for a Wide Role.

zCU07P.jpg

I have yet to figure out why he is a good prospect. He will be trained up to sell....

7IP4W7.jpg

A decent GK, but will need some serious training to become RPL quality though.

Overall this isn't a horrible intake and some of the players will be of use in the future, but will we have time for them to develop!

Highlights

The team returned to the capital to play CSKA Moscow. This was another match I was assuming we would lose even though they were below us in the table. We were to play them back to back League and Cup. I would prefer a win in the League. The League game is first.

5iEyio.jpg

CSKA Moscow was favored even with bad form because we are terrible away from Kaliningrad...having lost 4 of our last five on the road.

I hoped for a better performance and all the starters were prepared and we would use our 3-4-2-1.

KK7HZC.jpg

We played well and should I start ranting about VAR decisions on the road....every game seems to award them to our opponents!

dQcxMK.jpg

The Analytics boys showed that was a relatively even game that we should have edged! Damn VAR!

S2vTcQ.jpg

We returned home and had to get ready for another clash with CSKA Moscow this time in the Russian Cup!

I decided to over think my tactical plan and decided to go with a 5-2-3 Wide in the second game.....

g6lrX3.jpg

It was disastrous.....No body played well. The best average rating was 6.7!

irgSN0.jpg

And xG just reinforces what a horrible game it was....

QV9ohH.jpg

I was disappointedn myself and the team.  I think we had a chance....I had started reading the press about being a "Tactical Genius"!

uyFfv8.jpg

I decided to loan out a player that will feature in next seasons team......

rDBr5D.jpg

and then this arrived!

8L1EzD.jpg

mGsLiB.jpg

I compared the two teams and had to at least interview. I thought I did well....

CW6OrH.jpg

I wasn't selected and in many ways I am relieved....I also have decided that I will most likely stay at Baltika unless fired or a TOP Non-Russian Team offers.

7ntzLH.jpg

This is the man they chose a former player with a lot of International Experience that had to take a leave of absence for Medical Reasons that allowed me to become Baltika Manager!

I wish him luck just not when they play us!

League Table

e3CcIJ.jpg

Player of the Month

Maxim Kuzmin

Maksim Kuzmin 2021.jpg

X8r91v.jpg

O9LZRt.jpg

His great play was acknowledged but strikers almost always win these awards!

Analysts Report

Xkc2x0.jpg

I am still at a loss as to why we are giving up so many goals.....the only thing I want to blame is VAR!

except for the Cup game my defenders regularly have 7+ ratings....

Management Report

B7GZgg.jpg

O7blAJ.jpg

The financials are dire....we need to stay up just to MAYBE balance the books!

Thanks for Reading!

2 hours ago, SixPointer said:

CSKA came and gone!

I did attend the interview and was forthright in my attitude and thoughts.....They said I was considered, BUT someone else was better in their eyes.

I have decided that I will have a Personal Vendetta against them!

At least that gives me a reason to stay at Baltika!  Foreign BIG Clubs will be entertained. Baltika is my Russian Club.

6 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I have decided that I will have a Personal Vendetta against them!

I think this is good and healthy and I completely approve.

Still seems like you’re doing well enough to comfortably stay up, even if maybe not as comfortably as you’d like.

FC Baltika

uZmqoX.png

April 2023: Regular Season "We will Survive"

Manager's Thoughts

The team is a real Jekyll and Hyde. On our best days we can play with anyone and play good defense. On other days our defense (mostly the GK's) are absolutely terrible, but our scoring ability keeps us in most games. Another concern is the number of late goals we give up. The team could have done better against some Relegation Candidates and assured our survival much sooner. Staying up is still quite an achievement with this team that was predicted 15th!

Schedule

EgB9TR.jpg

Highlights

The month saw the team start off with a visit from Krylia Sovetov. This was a match that I expected to win....It was a big match and would have gotten the team to 35 points and most likely survival.

1onUxP.jpg

even though we weren't favored in the game due to how we thrashed them in our previous encounter.

8KvxP9.jpg

Our Backup Goalie used to play for them and I would start him....

The match was tight and hard fought but an own goal by Popov put Sovetov ahead in the 18th minute. The team then tied the game with a great shot by Dibirgadjiev  to beat the Sovetov Gk just before half.

After half time we chased the game , but it wouldn't be our night. We gave up a goal on a corner in the 55th minute to go down. I made a few subs but we couldn't find our way past the Sovetov GK!

9LSJrK.jpg

QIs2GB.jpg

The CB played everyone else less so.....

AhjVvy.jpg 

We are in decent shape even if the fans are less than happy. Playing Frolov as GK was another mistake by me.

Especially in a 6-Pointer!

JprSWt.jpg

I was happy with the CB's. Today was the GK's Fault!

51ifeF.jpg

We played well according to Analytics....the Stats boys can't explain our loss!

With an eye for next season we decided to try to loan Shamkin again.

wdemGD.jpg

It is a laugh that Baltika is "Bigger" than Zenit. Probably he would be in a reserve team at Zenit thus playing in a First team would be an upgrade!

TVhqLh.jpg

In wake of his bad performance Frolov rejected a contract extension in someways I am relieved.

GEY5Pt.jpg

Shamkin will play for us for another season!

The next match would see us return to Moscow this time taking on Spartak!

UhtDhE.jpg

The team will probably lose, but with a little luck we could pull off an upset.

hbGjvH.jpg

Best Match of the Season in my opinion. We looked like the better team from the start!

Scored and played good defense!

o6eb1p.jpg

The Captain led by example with an all around performance!

t7TxWj.jpg

According to the analytics the match was close but we did enough to win! Luck was on our side that day!

mjWo3m.jpg

Our Defensive play was outstanding all 3 CB's and the GK made the team of the week!

The next match was against our old RNL adversaries Rotor who are threatened with relegation.

wCFaP1.jpg

We had a chance to put a nail in Rotor's Coffin and keep up an unlikely push for Europe...since the race for 5th was tight.

xMbi7Q.jpg

It wasn't to be....another day of bad goalkeeping denied us....also a young CB hit a lucky Header late!

nWF9xw.jpg

We were almost safe, but any chance of sneaking into the top five was shot!

F7suAv.jpg

I brought out the Hairdresser after that embarrassing loss!

I wanted the team to refocus we had another relegation candidate on the docket....this time Arsenal Tula

We needed to play better to ensure our survival we were almost there but not quite. We needed to play our beat against a team that would definitely be fighting hard for Survival!

dO0Kx5.jpg

This would be a big match and another 6 pointer!

dV0oGk.jpg

We have a chance, if we play well this could be a blowout!

UlHyAS.jpg

It was a tough game as expected and yet another late goal ruins our day.....

mo3jqR.jpg

9Nr0ND.jpg

They were lucky and KNOW it!

zijsHV.jpg

Analytics shows it was an even contest.....anybody watching without them would say we dominated until the end.

NrbgqE.jpg

The draw almost assured our survival!

In other news the team announced its best Academy players!

TWI21v.jpg

Three of the Four will probably feature in the team in the future.....

The next game had some build up on Social Media.....

wf4AuU.jpg

This match against Rubin Kazan was another 6-Pointer!

dlxaKM.jpg

The match would be in Kaliningrad and we were favored....Rubin is a bigger club....so this could be a tough match!

Nw7v9B.jpg

It was another tough match, but we got a result we can be happy with....Survival!

ZyYcbM.jpg

Cnm5WW.jpg

U4xLqX.jpg

It's was a Party in Kaliningrad that night!

See the source image

With Survival assured we didn't have much to play for and some Powerhouse teams coming up.....

Player of the Month 

Vitaly Shakhov

nlU347.jpg

his great defensive play has helped us secure survival.

Management Report

hLaGwh.jpg

MyUDvo.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

7 minutes ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

A tricky month there but beating the likes of Ural will be important come the end of the season. The odd point picked up over the big boys like CSKA is an added bonus.

Yes it was. and your point about the Ural match was prescient.

FC Baltika

ig6LRE.gif

May 2023: Regular Season "The Hangover"

Manager's Thoughts

After achieving Survival, I wanted to finish the season strong as a foundation for next season. I wasn't expecting wins, but at least better defending. That went out the window when the Heart and Soul of the team and Defense our Captain went down in training and would miss the rest of the season!

The team went through the motions and was already on vacation!

So I started planning for next season a number of our players had expiring contracts and were older so I decided to let them go and find younger replacements if possible.

Also I decided that the Backroom staff needed and upgrade to fit with a new vision of our future!

We will go from being Chelsea to a more Counterattacking side to fit in with the Board's Vision.

The Future is Bright! Gotta wear shades! 

Schedule

Hlsm2N.jpg

Highlights

After the party I wanted to finish the season on a good run that would help lay a foundation for next season....unfortunately Loviatar visited us....

MYzvWv.jpg

The Captain and probably best player went down with a serious injury.

Without his leadership the team definitely decided to take in easy in the remaining games against the Leagues big boys!

fdfnGh.jpg

The last home fixture was against FC Rostov.

uBVcLn.jpg

The result was awful....and VAR that has been plaguing us all season continued to rear its ugly head.

V6rr6Y.jpg

I also let the team know that such play was unacceptable!

1Xoel6.jpg

I complained about VAR in the Press with a now friendly reporter!

UbFshZ.jpg

The Rostov manager supported me.....

N698h4.jpg

As the xG graph shows the match was quite close and VAR was a definite factor in the first two goals in changing the match. The last two goals were bad goalkeeping and defending.

On to the next match! Krasnodar!

QOHO9L.jpg

This was a match I was hoping would remain competitive given both teams bad form....

IEBuZN.jpg

another dismal performance the defense proved themselves to be the cones in a cone drill for Wanderson!

FaLZW9.jpg

At least the Rostov match was competitive!

wF5iHu.jpg

Now that the season is done and Frolov was unwilling to renew his contract. The team found a new Backup GK. 

The Final match of the Season would see the team play the newly crowned Champions: Dinamo Moscow!

nte1pI.jpg

I hoped the team wouldn't just roll over, but after the last two performances I didn't know!

1Rwq2Q.jpg

The teams played competitively in the first half, but the second half had both teams going through the motions since there was nothing to play for!

The season had gone well enough we had survived against the odds!

IBZBN9.jpg

Since we had done well people were saying I would go somewhere else....I actually have no interest other than creating something "Special" here in Kaliningrad!

ah4k9S.jpg

Also more pressure and outsized egos! The players are bad enough in Kaliningrad!

241E7w.jpg

The Prize Money helped but didn't pay our debts!

Zg0uRz.jpg

I thought the season was productive we survived in the RPL!

The Board convened with their expectations for Club Culture.....

RLpmnt.jpg

I am going to have to find a way to become defensively sound....and Score from Set-Pieces! Anyone have some good routines!

This will be hard to implement, I understand the reasoning!

Since the Board wanted something I asked for a little more security!

PtYFk4.jpg

X3w6sY.jpg

I will not be fired if next season doesn't go to plan MOST likely!

oHGRHv.jpg

As part of the improve the defense I decided to get this player that played so well against us from relegated Rotor!

DiBTrm.jpg

The budgets aren't great, but I have some room to work with....but to make good we need to avoid relegation again!

Mzh2sE.jpg

They should be pleased I just signed an extension and said I wasn't interested....!FFS!

u3rIeS.jpg

As part of the changes for next season I decided to improve the HOYD Posistion.

oyIiho.jpg

The old HOYD

uBFOiU.jpg

The new improved HOYD!

He fits in that I want to play better defensively and likes Wingbacks which I think I will employ next season.

Also we may see a better personalities in our Youth intake.

And since this is going to be a Youth focused team for the next few years this should help!

BSYqLU.jpg

prQzlG.jpg

Since Ilnur Alshin wants to leave I had to find a replacement....this player looks perfect!

In World News another Club close to my heart was relegated....

erUWt9.jpg

and in the RPL

DGfyvl.jpg

Arsenal Tula goes down!

Other Front office player news.....

wSX9R1.jpg

We got started on fulfilling the under 20 players recruitment.

yOzS4X.jpg

More Backroom Staff were let go as I continue to better the club,

AR6SIx.jpg

lPxSHY.jpg

I am hoping to get good applicants especially for the Assman role! Looking for a defesive minded coach that like 3 at the back!

g5E8vE.jpg

This is all for the best!

cGZXIS.jpg

Since the team will be using WB's and our best Leftback want to leave because he didn't like my contract offer I am bringing in a Foreigner suggested by the scouts!

League Table

B3JD20.jpg

Player of the Month

xqp4wF.jpg

Management Report

nBps4r.jpg

BdDBio.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

FC Baltika

uZmqoX.png

Awards Night 2023

7j2pAF.jpg

wVd2f5.jpg

ex1PNg.jpg

RfOHmj.jpg

lJRA16.jpg

10th Place was a great finish!

Vc3XGB.jpg

A Quarterfinal loss to the eventual Champions was better than expected.

0S2NqX.jpg

So many matches to remember and quite a few to forget as well....

y5TeXn.jpg

The cashflow increased significantly with the step up to the RPL, but the Prize Money wasn't enough to cover the cost of playing in the League.

0Joxnd.jpg

A decent rating considering everything. The funniest thing is that Two defenders are the highest rated players considering our defensive woes.

Player of the Year

3jR4V2.jpg

The Captain led the team and was THE Player of the Year!

Young Player of the Year

n2PCDc.jpg

Lazarev didn't play as much because of loanee Shamkin, but he had some spectacular moments.

Analytics Report

QXf640.jpg

This shows why we are so bad defensively our midfield doesn't tackle and when it does it is bad at it.....worst in League!

That is something we are going to have to remedy!

Thanks for Reading!

FC Baltika

ig6LRE.gif

June 2023: Offseason "Silly Season"

Manager's Thoughts

As the team went on vacation I dove back into work. I wanted to upgrade the backroom staff and find replacements for some of the older players that we wouldn't renew. Also, I was interested in making sure that the team was ready for a youth focus and ready to yet again battle for survival in the Russian Premier League. The Board's Vision include playing more defensive soccer and playing on the counterattack. Also, we are expected make the most of set pieces.  So, I tied to find players that would fit such a profile....

There were tweaks made to the formations. The 3-4-2-1 Christmas Tree is gone and I have embraced Wingbacks with a similar 5-2-2-1WB Formation.

Highlights

The relegation of Arsenal Tula made some attractive players available.

DV6CW9.jpg

We don't have complete information, but he will be a useful depth option,

6ciz97.jpg

The Champion's League was won by Liverpool over the Premier League Champions Manchester City in an all-English Final!

zK1obJ.jpg

We didn't pay off our debts...and we still have to pay! 

RjOUgy.jpg

But this is why, significant increases in Revenue over the 21-22 season.

1qiZEk.jpg

I wouldn't be against a takeover if it was able to properly fund the team...

GgiJ6y.jpg

The Russian Premier League is no longer a Top Ten League!

There is nothing we can do about it now, but in the future, we plan to do well in Europe to help the league's standing.

YhHzUo.jpg

I hired a new Assman that is more aligned with the formation and in all better than the last one...

8iscmQ.jpg

J9dLZs.jpg

I was pleased to bring a Belarusian International into the Backroom Team his experience as a player will undoubtably help when making decisions...

Dg3LJF.jpg

We were the Overachievers!

HN2w5A.jpg

DJORZW.jpg

As you can see no Baltika players won any awards and that Russian teams were rather dismal in Champion's League.

DOXMEl.jpg

No one from Baltika the list, but then no one noticed any of our signings!

coNxJk.jpg

The captain led by example from the back line!

AVkyo1.jpg

We will now start an unmodified RPL Season!

I also went ahead and extended some of the important players before the season began...

SoSXoJ.jpg

Lazarev is the Key Academy Graduate and should be challenging Shamkin for playing time!

HBokYA.jpg

Kuzmin is one of the best players at the club and does well as a CM-A

UkpULo.jpg

Mineev is a recent Academy Graduate, who could step up to the RPL Squad next season.

Transfers

xj3PzG.jpg

nZ0tyf.jpg

Ten New Players in....some may not make it.

Kwi0RP.jpg

4lyJaA.jpg

Matsukatov and Petrunin were loans that signed permanently and will likely be starters. Frazer Blake-Tracy and Ivan Lapshov are the other starters and everyone else will fight for playing time and a role in the team.

V8cX0I.jpg

The Preseason started and the First team put the Second Team in its place!

1LdJ8H.jpg

More takeover talk...an internal one ISN'T what we need! Tycoon Takeover please!

Management Report

HFMfXb.jpg

hUb7XY.jpg

Our finances look good because we got our Government Grant, but unless we sell some players for obnoxious amounts of money we will again be in debt at the end of the season.

Thanks for Reading!

PS. I will try and have a little more about tactics and players in the next update.

Rough final month, but only after survival was ensured. Always seemed like it’d happen but you never know.

Think you’re right in pulling back into a proper 5-2-2-1 with wingbacks to work on that defensive solidity.  Looking forward to seeing the tactics 

FC Baltika

uZmqoX.png

July 2023: Preseason "Turning a new leaf..."

See the source image

Manager's Thoughts

The Silly Season went well the team was able to get some new blood in and was ready to start Preseason. The team would train in Austria and focus on Match Tactics as we had many new players to integrate. The Preseason went well but I must say that the more defensive TI's have made us less of a threat going forward but we are playing better defensively over all. We tried all Three Formations and found varied success.

This means we might not get off to the fast start we need to make a push for 12th place...which is survival without a playoff.

Schedule

BnGqQv.jpg

Highlights

RZ7i3G.jpg

We tried to beat them at their own game by playing the same formation a 5-2-3 WB.

We still need some adjustments and tweaks mostly to Set-Piece Marking....

pc9mTK.jpg

This is in response to Ilnur Alshin leaving...

qOpYfT.jpg

The team came home from Austria to play an even bigger Austrian Team....and were barely edged by a penalty!

eiQ05u.jpg

This shows that we weren't overpowered by the RB Salzburgs Stars....In fact xG says we edged it!

OXoXwH.jpg

And then this happens...

Tactical Update

The team went into the Preseason with one new formation and tweaks to TI's

ZJfKX3.jpg

This is the new main formation it replaces the Christmas Tree 3-4-2-1 it is similar but my hope is that the Wingbacks provide a little more cover on the flanks.

IKz3fm.jpg

This is the famous "Nesselquist Ball" Formation it is similar in shape to the 5-2-2-1, but it is specifically overloading the left flank to create openings for the front 3 to score.

y0Wx34.jpg

The 5-2-3 Wide WB used to attack both flanks almost exclusively since we like to play through the middle, I kept that ethos with the TI's.

This is actually "Benjani Ball"

5TgMD6.jpg

After the Preseason I took a look at what the analyst's said and made two tweaks "Force Outside" and "Use Tighter Marking"

During the Preseason the team used all three formations.

Season Preview

przDN6.jpg

Even with some new players the Bookies and Media are sure we are going back down...

aJhyoV.jpg

The Moscow teams have the money and players to get the Top Goal Scorer

QwrfIu.jpg

The RPL Powerhouses have players in the positions to get good ratings and POM attention. Our best players are a defender and our goalie according to the Press.

xcqcSv.jpg

Daniil Shamkin is one of the best young players in the league. The Zenit Loanee has played a lot of soccer and aided our cause these past two seasons.

As one can see it will be a tough ask, but we will try and make this another successful season next to the Baltic!

Meet the Players

See the source image

Goalies

Michael Levashov

G4mNfP.jpg

The Number One Goalie..he sometimes makes rash decisions that cost us, but overall he's not that bad.

Robert Ozols

Xc8U4J.jpg

Backup GK, hope we don't have to use...

Defenders

Sergey Karpovich

NK86sx.jpg

He is a player who provides depth for both CB and RWB.

Artem Meschaninov

jusdXY.jpg

Artem is a decent defender he doesn't do anything, but head well according to attributes except he always sems to be in the right place at the right time defensively.

Vitaly Shakhov

rKJIWt.jpg

Another older player that is similar in skillset to Meschaninnov.

Daniil Petrunin

iPAW2L.jpg

A younger player brought in to provide depth on the backline. A little on the slow side.

Frazer Blake-Tracy

U6XY1m.jpg

A Left Wingback, who can cover as a CB as well...

Ivan Lapshov

USJS9x.jpg

The big signing for the defense, another player who is good in the Air for our Set-Piece Vision.

Alexander Ektov

flsZee.jpg

A utility player who will mostly provide depth at RWB.

Evgeny Presikov

bn3RIj.jpg

Backup Left Wing back

Midfielders

Yan Kazaev

B2nnyB.jpg

The Starting CM-D because of a good partnership with Kuzmin.

Alexander Grebebschikov

2OGxaC.jpg

Depth option....

Yaroslav Nadolskyi

z40b6E.jpg

A player that can play both in the AM or CM positions will probably play both...

Maksim Kuzmin

drPNSI.jpg

The Starting CM-A

Marx Lenin

EICvHf.jpg

A Brazilian Player with a name I couldn't ignore will spend time at a number of positions...another utility player in my new system.

Daniil Klenkin

P7wZRw.jpg

The Old man....plays AP in the AM strata.... will probably be replaced as the season wears on!

Vladislav Lazarev

iH0EMX.jpg

The Star Academy player will get playing time in a variety of roles...his natural position is occupied by Daniil Shamkin.

Daniil Shamkin

I1qAFT.jpg

Daniil Shamkin is the starting SS-A and slightly better than Lazarev.

Sultan Djamilov

ZUlDvJ.jpg

Another Utility Player for Depth.

Forwards

Tamerlan Musaev

IKi6kV.jpg

The Backup Attacking Forward.

Roman Murtzaev

SNcAIz.jpg

The Starting Right Wing Back in New System if all players a Healthy.

Jamal Dibirgadjiev

02veRx.jpg

The Starting AF...needs to be replaced but best option for the money and will not see playing time until after the September International Break.

Maxim Artemchuk

qKeb16.jpg

The Depth option at AF is actually a Target Forward and is also an Emergency CB!

That is the team that will try to take the League by Storm again!

FC Baltika

July 2023: Regular Season

Manager's Thoughts

The first match of the season went off almost as well as I could ask...except for the officiating that seems determined to keep us from winning. 

It is what it is...

Just have to win more and more often to spite them!

Schedule

NQQgxl.jpg

Highlights

9IFfFp.jpg

The Board reminded me of their expectations. I am aiming for better than both...12th in League and Quarterfinals!

UPg3q8.jpg

kubf2Q.jpg

The thing says the Captain is Unhappy....I made a promise and kept and succeeded, but he is still unhappy 😒!

The first match of the season would see us travel to Grozny to take on Ahkmat.

zryT5o.jpg

Of course Grozny were favored being the home team, but this will be an important match in the Relegation Battle. I was looking to get a leg up and keep with my mantra "More points than Games played!"

The Game was played and we came out with a win against suspect officiating...

4JAn7C.jpg

We had five players booked and a dodgy offsides goal confirmed by VAR...that continues something that I have been railing against since last season!

It seems that Refs and VAR have it out for us!

20peyn.jpg

p4bBr5.jpg

That leads to this sound byte...

xusE51.jpg

and of course, I agree...

vPOQOv.jpg

The Analysis shows we should have won and did, but it would have been nice to start out with a clean sheet!

YV8d3d.jpg

League Table

oJUUTm.jpg

Player of the Month

Daniil Shamkin

1tl6YB.jpg

He has lived up to his billing and provided good performances over the Preseason and First Match!

Management Report

6iFcN9.jpg

4qSLMF.jpg

The Finances are less than stellar, but the only way to rectify them is grab a European Place...and that is too much to ask this team right now.

Thanks for Reading!

This is actually "Benjani Ball"

I thought that looked familiar! But really, you actually made some TI and role tweaks which should suit your “through the middle” approach and give it more in common with your other shapes.

10 hours ago, 13th Man said:

I thought that looked familiar! But really, you actually made some TI and role tweaks which should suit your “through the middle” approach and give it more in common with your other shapes.

I was inspired by your thread and just had a fruitless game where an opposing team dropped deep with 4-4-2.  I had peppered them with crosses with my prior iteration that worked the flanks and didn't score...

6 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I was inspired by your thread and just had a fruitless game where an opposing team dropped deep with 4-4-2.  I had peppered them with crosses with my prior iteration that worked the flanks and didn't score...

That’s the challenge with the 5-2-3. We got there a bit differently - I’m attacking the channels and you are looking to work through the center - but the shape lends itself to flank attacks with useless crossing unless tamed by TIs. I also use sit narrower PI’s for both wide forwards 

FC Baltika

ig6LRE.gif

August 2023: Regular Season "Step by Step"

Manager's Thoughts

The team is adjusting to its new tactics well. We are playing more like the team the board wants. Unfortunately, we haven't really had success with Set-pieces yet. We block and clear and don't tackle that often, but when we win the ball we keep it well. That translates into wins against teams that are our equals and losses to bigger teams. In August I thought we would be doing great if we got 9 points! That is because I thought we only had a real chance in three of the matches. Well we got 7, which gives us 10 for the season. If we can somehow keep up this pace we WILL stay up!

Your probably asking why I sold a First Choice GK to a rival. I did it to keep team peace so we wouldn't be ruined morale wise for the games I thought I could win.

The new signing Simeonev isn't bad, but I will probably need a new goalie and striker to really make a push for midtable and European places. 

That is thinking too far ahead.... we have a goal, 35 points! One match at a time!

Were in another Relegation Battle!

Schedule

fyZb58.jpg

Highlights

The month began with the team hosting fellow relegation threatened side Khimki....

Sbi9AH.jpg
This was a match we could win and almost had to win!

KFUvke.jpg

The numbers are up but our supporters don't even fill 10% of the seats and the ridiculously low Season ticket prices make this a selling team!

We have a long way to go to get sold out "European Nights"!

And the best way to get there is by winning!

Ng99It.jpg

and that we did by playing complete game against a team we out classed!

I am still working out the best roles and players for them, but this was a good night!

FKgVEa.jpg

The fans weren't impressed with the defense first vibe....but our biggest signing had a good debut!

YKGtcI.jpg

Khimki couldn't breakdown our defense and we scored on the Counter Attack!  Just what the board wanted.

fgQhgK.jpg

Has a good debut only wish he had scored a Set-Piece!

TqImpc.jpg

The Analysts were giddy about our xG rating!

okOv5r.jpg

The only thing I worry about is how much defending we are doing in OUR Penalty Box!  but overall we seem better defensively than last season.

After that game we had to head on the road to Moscow and take on CSKA! Who are now my mortal enemies!

ymUQTu.jpg

The Army Men were favored being the home team and were considered Big Favorites, but I thought we could end up with a win if we played like we did against Khimki.

f0b0dc.jpg

We actually played better than stats and analytics showed and gave up only one goal to possibly the best Goalscorer in the League!

The match was much more of a Rugby game than as each side spent more time trying to impose their will on the other and it was one defensive mistake that allowed the goal.

The one thing we need to work is that we were also rather toothless in trying to breakdown their defense.

H5vXKy.jpg

I will always want revenge and glad the boys see it the same way!

5tSwvM.jpg

As one can see from the analytics the match was changed after halftime and they got that goal!

During the week after the heartbreaking loss the CSKA we would have to get ready for another match with a Moscow Powerhouse this time with Spartak!

mqtQ2H.jpg

The plan was simple play like we did against CSKA and not give up goal this time!

fdnQC9.jpg

We scored first and things looked good. Then we gave up goals either side of halftime, but fought hard the last goal really hurt the soul....own goals are awful!

Their first Goal was another curious VAR decision against us...

p93PMk.jpg

We will not be selling Musaev yet...especially since he is just getting started!

qu1uqk.jpg

The opposing coach just wanted to gloat about getting another VAR decision in his favor...

ctr9Dt.jpg

As XG shows that we had several goals disallowed and then they got one just before half that was confirmed......and then they took over in the second half!

Before the match the team received an offer from Spartak for our goalie Levashov. He stated in no uncertain terms he wanted to leave....and since he had made some bad mistakes down the streatch last season I was inclined to let him go!

ajmtAH.jpg

They were offering him more money to be a backup!

Thus the team would try to find a suitable replacement since the newly signed backup was less than stellar after complaining he wants First Choice Keeper so He can play for the Latvian National Team!

IypUwY.jpg

pGF2jt.jpg

The Pundits and Rumor mill said I was in for a Striker didn't they notice we just sold our #1 GK!

bypSHU.jpg

This was our find.... a young Bulgarian who will compete for the job!

After the deal was struck the team had to play Ufa in Kaliningrad Stadium...

Ufa are another of the teams we look to beat in the relegation battle especially at home.

2zbXkJ.jpg

It was a back-and-forth battle and we gave up a late Goal!

Especially heartbreaking since the Ufa GK stopped like 8 shots by us!

xPo8gU.jpg

I threw the new signing into the fire.... and he did reasonably well!

fCiNyr.jpg

The xG shows how close the match was.

The disappointing draw against Ufa was the backdrop to our preparations for a Khabarovsk.

CGdds8.jpg

This was a chance to put some hurt on another team in the relegation battle. This will be a 6-Pointer in the long run,

srT4Rz.jpg

Played well except for Ozols....who has shown he isn't ready to be first choice GK!

XvPXhR.jpg

Getting VAR to go our way now! Difference between victory and a draw!

DipLGy.jpg

The opposing player did everything in his power to beat us...sometimes you have to applaud!

xXRuJy.jpg

The analytics boys were happy with our form in the game.

League Table

vtp0Rp.jpg

Player of the Month

Daniil Petrunin

See the source image

Oq73fp.jpg

The new signing from Spartak, after a loan spell, is slotting in well as a BPD-D on the left side of the defense.

Analysis Report

3w5hux.jpg

Since the team sits deeper and aren't the best tacklers it is good to see that we are good at blocking and clearances.

Our defensive numbers are getting better but the games are nerve-racking!

Management Report

7RzTIF.jpg

YQiqRa.jpg

As one can see even when we sell players, we are losing money...

Thanks for Reading!

1 hour ago, 13th Man said:

I’ll get you next time CSKA!!!!

That is my spirit. My goal is to make them sorry for not hiring me. I want League Titles and European Football and to find some way to get them relegated.

As for the team I tried to get better tacklers, but the team still avoids them if possible. My team is actually very good at interceptions, blocks, and clearing the box which has led to better defensive numbers. The team needs a true #1 GK and Striker preferably with blistering pace.

I have plenty of playmaker types....

Edited by Hootieleece
added words I forgot

FC Baltika

uZmqoX.png

September 2023: Regular Season "The going gets tough"

Manager's Thoughts

This was a month that is we could find a way to score either through the Striker or Set-Pieces. The team could build on a relatively solid defensive foundation and give ourselves some room in the Relegation Battle. It was not meant to be as we played mostly bigger teams. That doesn't mean we are giving up. As long as we have more points than games played we have a chance and that is still true.

I keep telling the Players "Do your Job"

and the results will follow! (except when VAR is involved!) 

Schedule

ubZdCf.jpg

Highlights

The team had a trip to the Black Sea and then an International Break. Rostov is one of the bigger teams in the league, but if we played our best, the team would have a chance.

LZrGpN.jpg

The Home team were the favorites...

EIH2w5.jpg

The team was intensive pressure most of the match and dealt with it well.... the lower line is inviting this pressure I think, but it beats getting beat over the top.

The star of the defensive effort was the new GK!

xCvbMZ.jpg

The Russian Cup ties were drawn next and we got an easy draw.

LobH0t.jpg

Both are lower-level clubs against whom I will play mostly backups.

mfXgyh.jpg

Deadline Day has come I wasn't expecting any fireworks for Baltika, but EPL teams were sniffing around the big boys.

9caEBZ.jpg

We signed another Attacking Midfielder this time to eventually replace Klenken as our AP. 

SbiTW6.jpg

and to make way for him a player had to leave....

tlH158.jpg

This Squad/Fringe player left...

GPc7iX.jpg

Yes, over the entire Transfer window we were the busiest with the most players, but that was because I was looking for upgrades and depth on a shoestring budget!

Also, in the player department a young Academy graduate is taking his first steps in International Football!

Ro23OU.jpg

djEn4F.jpg

He is smart and works hard the sort of player I want, but he has a lot of work ahead of him just to make it into the first team!

After the International Break the Team readied itself for match against Rubin Kazan.

WtIfmP.jpg

We would be a home team and this would be a chance for us to lay down a marker against a slumping bigger team.

and I decided to play with our 5-2-3Wide WB formation because it was the same as theirs.

dPXP51.jpg

We played well and were their equals, but they got the break and scored the goal!

QG249s.jpg

xG doesn't do us justice, when we had a shot, it was stopped by their Goalie! 

The next match was in the Russian Cup against Lower-Level opposition so I rotated the team and played a 5-2-1-2 WB. 

uqJkkK.jpg 

We needed a win and have do a professional job! 

NTyKbw.jpg

The smaller team fought hard, but in the end lost...the biggest take away is that the Backup GK Ozols has delusions of grandeur!

DDd6He.jpg

xG makes the game closer than any on looker would expect, bad goalkeeping is the answer.

The final match of the month would have the team travel again to Moscow and this time play league leaders Dinamo.

7TxwOh.jpg

Dinamo had lost their last two, but I had no doubts about their ability to trounce us if we didn't play our best!

8YsOSC.jpg

It was ugly but they were gifted a penalty in extra-time that made it even worse than it was.

7HACH7.jpg

xG would make it like we didn't even play....that Penalty is worth a whole point by itself!

hRFz0W.jpg

The CSKA manager with whom I have no ill will was favorable to my work with Baltika. My dispute is with their board!

League Table

YwCyvy.jpg

Player of the Month

Vasil Simeonov

wo26MT.jpg

The new signing has jumped in and played well...most of his problems are coming from the fact we are under pressure a lot especially against bigger teams.

Monthly Analytics Report

dWhPnv.jpg

We don't take a huge amount of shots, but we mostly on target. Problem: Most are saved!

Management Report

C1nLv6.jpg

Yexu0V.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

14 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Rough run at the minute! 

but that is to be expected when one is relegation threatened and playing defensive football.

Also, this team is very much Jekyll and Hyde.

If we score first or at all we do well, otherwise it is prolonged periods of pressure by the opposition that even the stoutest defenses finally break.

But we are playing Defensive Counterattacking Football!