FM22 Mobile Features Unveiled

FM22 Mobile Features Unveiled

Football Manager 2022 Mobile releases on November 9th on iOS and Android, packed to the brim with new features and improvements that elevate the most immersive football management title on mobile to new levels.

You can look forward to expanding your horizons with a brand-new league and the ability to load more nations at once than ever before. There are also upgrades to the transfer and scouting systems in the game and more media activity your club’s season.

Let’s dive in and take an in-depth look at the features in this year’s game.

1261228541_BlogHeader.png.e3af8db72bf9a7feedbf3322da9c6ca5.png

MAKE YOUR MARK ACROSS THE GLOBE

FM22 Mobile now includes the ability to load up to five leagues at once, giving you the power to take your tactical blueprint to more corners of the globe than before.

1928255149_5NationsLoaded.thumb.jpg.0fea8178417e3861fa882d2bf60b7a70.jpg

We’ve also added the South African league as a playable competition in the game, opening the door to the African continental competitions for the first time. Now you can take on the Pentagon challenge – the ultimate globetrotting journey where you try to capture domestic and continental titles on five different continents.

SCOUTING OVERHAUL

There are more ways to nail your recruitment in FM22 Mobile thanks to an enhanced scouting system that brings across more elements from other titles in the FM series.

323104403_ScoutingAssignment.thumb.jpg.1278da805ba60c12e808fee74ca41d92.jpg

One of the biggest additions in this area are Scouting Assignments. Anyone who has played the desktop version of FM will be familiar with these but they allow you to send your scouts out to look for specific types of players in specific areas of the world. They’re a powerful tool that can help you quickly identify the players who can immediately improve the quality of your squad.

We’ve created an easy-to-use Scouting Assignment creator, similar to the Tactic creator, to make it a breeze to set up an assignment. You can not only select how long you want the assignment to last but specify a number of different factors you want your scouts to take into account, including: location, position and role, ability, age and contract status. You can also select which of your scouts you want to take on the assignment.

In addition to Scouting Assignments, we’ve also reworked next opposition reports to include more information such as what Tactical Style your opponents are likely to use against you and stat comparisons between the two of you. There are more ways to filter the scout result and player search screens as well we’ve included mini scout reports in news items.

TRANSFER EXPERIENCE REVAMP

In FM22 Mobile, we’ve made major under the hood changes to the transfer system that affect everything from negotiations to the way that AI clubs look to build their squads.

AI clubs will now be more intelligent in the market, looking to not only sign the players that can make an instant impact in their team but also looking to bring in stars of the future who can set them up for success in seasons to come. This means that there’ll be more competition for you to deal with when it comes to signing wonderkids and you may find that your best players are on the radar of more of your rivals.

We’ve refined the way negotiations work too so that the AI respond more intelligently to your demands, leading to more realistic transfer deals going through. You also have a couple of new ways to get the upper hand over your rivals in negotiations. Firstly, there’s the ability to lock part of your transfer offer so it can’t be changed, and you can now respond to each offer individually when there are offers from multiple clubs interested in one of your players.

MEDICAL CENTRE

Making its debut in FM22 Mobile is the Medical Centre. Another element of the game that will be familiar to desktop players, the Medical Centre is where you can get all the insight into the condition and fitness of your squad.

1746382520_MedicalCentre-Overview.thumb.jpg.43dfa0289f4e8a0bd3d6ba4e29bcadc4.jpg

You can use the Medical Centre to plan ahead to avoid potential injury crises. The Overview screen gives you a general idea of the health of your squad, any current injuries to any of your players and a list of players that are at potential risk of injury. The Injuries screen allows you to view more information on current injuries within your squad, including the expected return date for the player(s) and the severity of the injury.

500685017_MedicalCentre-Assessment.thumb.jpg.51f75270c1ee95ddc3986058f9c48954.jpg

The Assessment screen is particularly helpful to help you plan for future fixtures as you can see an assessment of each player’s current injury risk and tiredness levels. There may be some players that are at an increased risk of injury so it could be worth resting them for the next game unless it’s a crucial fixture. Alternatively, you may see that some players are lacking match sharpness and need more first-team minutes to get to peak condition, meaning you might want to include them in your matchday squad. By regularly checking into the Assessment screen you can better inform your team selection ahead of each match.

MEDIA AND NARRATIVES

The media circus is as active as it’s ever been in FM22 Mobile. The press are now a regular companion on your journey through the season, commenting on your team’s performance in the form of Narratives.

Narratives.thumb.jpg.7192e3545cd8564e768e34ac946ff16e.jpg

Narratives have existed in Challenges for a few years but will now trigger throughout normal gameplay. Whether you’re going to be challenging for the title or battling against relegation, there’ll be more media interest in you and your squad from the very start of the season and you’ll have to navigate your way through the media circus to keep your squad motivated.

There are more media items in the game now too such as a module for when a player is unable to settle at a club.

NEW FACES

Newgen faces will appear for the first time in FM22 Mobile, allowing you to finally put a face to the name of your superstar striker or world-class defender.

812761248_HomeScreen.thumb.jpg.5e6d6c34bed3ed08c19b33056ea52d9e.jpg

We’ve also redesigned the home screen to give you more easily accessible, pertinent information about your squad such as key highlights from the Medical Centre and more information on your upcoming fixture.

Finally, we’ve redesigned the game setup flow to make it easier to create the ideal setup for your FM22 Mobile save.

FM22 Mobile adds even greater levels of realism and immersion to the series in the most complete offering in FM Mobile history. Whether you want to dominate across the world of football or want to get stuck into the world of scouting, there’s something to enjoy for every type of manager.

2 minutes ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Narratives have existed in Challenges for a few years but will now trigger throughout normal gameplay.

I think I submitted this as a feature request years back. :D At least I know I have mentioned it on here. Cool to see it happen!

Scouting revamp also looks nice. :thup:

Really excited about the new features, but since they are out now, can you guys reveal if nations management had any changes following the scouting revamp? A yes or no answer is good enough 😁

Bring on the 9th!

Edited by Hildor

• SI Staff
58 minutes ago, Footix said:

I think I submitted this as a feature request years back. :D At least I know I have mentioned it on here. Cool to see it happen!

Scouting revamp also looks nice. :thup:

Just to mention there are more narratives than just the 'challenge' ones which existed previously (and I plan to add more in the future) ... although only ones which make sense are triggerable as 'disasters' in game.

(so you can trigger financial issues, injury crisises etc. ... but some which require specific squad setups or league positions can't be manually triggered)

• SI Staff
13 minutes ago, Desmond Richardson said:

it isn't a supported purpose built functionality, but we expect it should work,

I'll have to double check but just to backup what Desmond indicated, I don't 'think' I changed anything which would break this ... (but can't promise it 100% as it hasn't been tested).

• SI Staff
32 minutes ago, Hildor said:

Really excited about the new features, but since they are out now, can you guys reveal if nations management had any changes following the scouting revamp? A yes or no answer is good enough 😁

Bring on the 9th!

Nothing huge - although the additional league increases the database size and thus the number of nations available to be managed.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, titi77400 said:

😍😍😍 I Love this new features, and I think there are many little features not revealed, but we can discovering in game 

You are correct - there are lots of smaller features and tweaks which I hope you will discover and enjoy when you play :D

28 dakika önce, Marc Vaughan said:

You are correct - there are lots of smaller features and tweaks which I hope you will discover and enjoy when you play :D

I think you can give a hint 🤪 is there something different about the match engine? 

9 minutos atrás, Marc Vaughan disse:

Você está correto - existem muitos recursos menores e ajustes que espero que você descubra e aproveite quando jogar : D

Hi, I'm excited about the next version, especially the improved AI intelligence part of hiring players. Was it also improved the selection of players for the matches? (players who should be starters and are "forgotten" etc.) and the staff? (Many large teams end up suffering from bouts of injury because they don't have a complete medical team, a very unrealistic situation).

The low intelligence of the AI in the management of the team as a whole is what makes me give up the current save, starting a new one and, as the year goes by, stop playing the game until the next version.

Otherwise, I've never been so excited about the mobile game.

46 minutos atrás, Marc Vaughan disse:

Nothing huge - although the additional league increases the database size and thus the number of nations available to be managed.

More nations is always good, but will we have at least a way to shortlist eligible players (separate from the club shortlist) , usually its always a pain to comb through every player (specially if that nation league is loaded) , but I guess with the new scouting tools that's probably easier. 

• SI Staff
15 minutes ago, brunotoddy said:

Hi, I'm excited about the next version, especially the improved AI intelligence part of hiring players. Was it also improved the selection of players for the matches? (players who should be starters and are "forgotten" etc.) and the staff? (Many large teams end up suffering from bouts of injury because they don't have a complete medical team, a very unrealistic situation).

The low intelligence of the AI in the management of the team as a whole is what makes me give up the current save, starting a new one and, as the year goes by, stop playing the game until the next version.

Otherwise, I've never been so excited about the mobile game.

Yes, both sides of things should be improved (shortlisting/transfers and actual team selection for matches).

hace 2 horas, Desmond Richardson dijo:

it isn't a supported purpose built functionality, but we expect it should work,

hace 2 horas, Marc Vaughan dijo:

I'll have to double check but just to backup what Desmond indicated, I don't 'think' I changed anything which would break this ... (but can't promise it 100% as it hasn't been tested).

cool! thanks for the answer, setup and instructions shouldnt be hard but there is no chance i can remember every detail of my set pieces so im glad to know that :D

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, mnpjam said:

I think you can give a hint 🤪 is there something different about the match engine? 

There have been lots of small tweaks done throughout the game engine - the most visible improvements in the match engine will be VAR related where it'll sync better to the commentary (whereas before you could 'predict' the decision somewhat from the players movements).

Looking awesome good work SI team you deserve a lot praise for you good work, to give such an experience in mobile.

Every features are to point but i feel home screen in FM 21mobile is the best it has lot of informations at go, in this version it is lacking, why did you change it? 

Great work by the mobile team 👏👏👏👏👏. Some excellent new features are there. In my opinion though the Medical Centre isn't necessary, don't we already know the condition and fitness already and if a player is at risk of getting injured etc, I guess this new features tells us what we already knew. I have always known the current health of my squad and if a player is at risk of getting injured due to low fitness. I'm not criticising at all but I think team talks or other features would have been better, maybe something more exciting. The Medical Centre looks rather pointless in my opinion as we can find out the relevant information when we look at our squad. Maybe once I see this feature then I might change my mind but I doubt it lol. Would love it if you can praise or critisice other managers and they do the same to you, play some mind games before a match or a big match, remember Ferguson and Wenger lol. Looking forward to purchasing this on the 9th of November, I usually purchase the game on iOS but will get it on the Play Store this year. Great work again 👏👏👏👏👏. I think I've already been sacked although the game ain't out yet lol. Here's hoping the game won't be as hard as last year's lol. 

1 hour ago, Hummingbird Saltalamacchia said:

Great work by the mobile team 👏👏👏👏👏. Some excellent new features are there. In my opinion though the Medical Centre isn't necessary, don't we already know the condition and fitness already and if a player is at risk of getting injured etc, I guess this new features tells us what we already knew. I have always known the current health of my squad and if a player is at risk of getting injured due to low fitness. I'm not criticising at all but I think team talks or other features would have been better, maybe something more exciting. The Medical Centre looks rather pointless in my opinion as we can find out the relevant information when we look at our squad. Maybe once I see this feature then I might change my mind but I doubt it lol. Would love it if you can praise or critisice other managers and they do the same to you, play some mind games before a match or a big match, remember Ferguson and Wenger lol. Looking forward to purchasing this on the 9th of November, I usually purchase the game on iOS but will get it on the Play Store this year. Great work again 👏👏👏👏👏. I think I've already been sacked although the game ain't out yet lol. Here's hoping the game won't be as hard as last year's lol. 

I believe the medical centre doesn't just look at fitness, but also considers match sharpness (something not displayed) and injury proneness (something your physio reports tell you). Therefore, whilst not necessarily completely new information, it factors in more than just the fitness of a player to allow you to decide when you should give a player a chance - or a rest if your player is injury prone and has been playing a lot of games in quick succession.

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, Arshad Kapsi said:

Looking awesome good work SI team you deserve a lot praise for you good work, to give such an experience in mobile.

Every features are to point but i feel home screen in FM 21mobile is the best it has lot of informations at go, in this version it is lacking, why did you change it? 

The existing homepage was a little cluttered with information tbh and in practice could feel a little daunting to people who hadn't played the game before. The new one is more context sensitive and presents things a little more cleanly imho.

(and thanks for your kind words)

Love the look of the new features. Would’ve still got the game if it was just a transfer update tbh as I loved FMM21 and played so much of it since the lockdown finished. With the removal of touch (R.I.P😔) looks like I’ll be exclusively sticking to mobile from now. Great work @Marc Vaughan cant wait til the 9th 👍

Thanks for the new features and hard work implementing them. A couple of questions:

1. Have you improved the affiliate club function to make it more realistic, or like the main game allow us a choice of clubs?

2. With 5 leagues, is there a naturally bigger database and will the updated scouting function allow players to be uncovered in regions where you don't have a playable league? i.e. players like Almada wouldn't be in your database despite being a widely regarded young talent in-game last year?

3. Have you improved details that take you out the immersion i.e. the AI picking silly kit selections or belligerently not choosing a certain kit?

4. Have you improved AI transfer valuations and contract negotiation valuations? Is there any additional features to transfer and contract deals i.e. Bonuses, clauses?

5. Have you made any additions/improvements to the editor capabilities?

On 29.10.2021 at 01:31, Marc Vaughan said:

There have been lots of small tweaks done throughout the game engine - the most visible improvements in the match engine will be VAR related where it'll sync better to the commentary (whereas before you could 'predict' the decision somewhat from the players movements).

I hope stats will be realistic :) Thank u

Is there any chance at all that we can get better access to the data within the mobile version? Things like xG, Goals per minute, mistakes per game etc. Ideally, the opportunity to customise views by adding/removing columns in the squad view would be a major step forward for me. Thanks for considering this.

22 horas atrás, XJ6 disse:

Thanks for the new features and hard work implementing them. A couple of questions:

1. Have you improved the affiliate club function to make it more realistic, or like the main game allow us a choice of clubs?

2. With 5 leagues, is there a naturally bigger database and will the updated scouting function allow players to be uncovered in regions where you don't have a playable league? i.e. players like Almada wouldn't be in your database despite being a widely regarded young talent in-game last year?

3. Have you improved details that take you out the immersion i.e. the AI picking silly kit selections or belligerently not choosing a certain kit?

4. Have you improved AI transfer valuations and contract negotiation valuations? Is there any additional features to transfer and contract deals i.e. Bonuses, clauses?

5. Have you made any additions/improvements to the editor capabilities?

Can only answer your first, since Marc has said something on twitter about improvements to affiliates, so I'm expecting some good changes.

Edited by Hildor

10 horas atrás, e-gised disse:

Please do tell me u get to have more then just  3 scouts as it is in the 21 version, that was a huge bummer..

To be honest they where so useless on 21 that I didn't even bother to hire if i didn't have one already, that is unless you're going for a more realistic playthrough. 

Hoping in 22 they will be useful considering the scouting changes. 

6 hours ago, Hildor said:

To be honest they where so useless on 21 that I didn't even bother to hire if i didn't have one already, that is unless you're going for a more realistic playthrough. 

Hoping in 22 they will be useful considering the scouting changes. 

I like to have an as much as possible realistic experience..

Altough i can scout myself as well, i want my staff to find the next gem before the other teams do :-)

3 horas atrás, e-gised disse:

I like to have an as much as possible realistic experience..

Altough i can scout myself as well, i want my staff to find the next gem before the other teams do :-)

I can understand that, I have saves where I try to be as realistic as possible using hidden attributes and only using scouts to find new players. These new scouting tools will be great for those realistic saves 😉

Wait... So Newgens will have the new faces, and existing players which SIGames has the license for will their real faces, but existing players without a license will just have no image? I assume they can't be given new gen faces as they are real people.

I guess that's just common sense, but I only just realised (I guess I was thinking everyone would have an image).

Like the sound of the game additions. Glad to hear that the AI will be more aggressive in the transfer market for 2022. Hopefully we’ll see fewer big clubs falling into decline. One of the things I liked about Touch was that you could easily miss out on your transfer targets because of aggressive counter bids by other teams. They’d end up building impressive squads. In FMM, opposition teams tended to look on while you built up your super team. 

Also in Touch once your lower/mid table team started doing well, other clubs would hound you with offers for your star players and best prospects and would end up unsettling them. It made it much harder to keep your team together. The closer FMM gets to that, the greater the challenge the game will offer.

Edited by Vane

Love all the updates and super excited to play this year's. And the 5th league addition is just beautiful, you legends. 

Just a couple of questions. 

1. Will we be able to edit the faces of the new gen players with editor? 

2. Will we be able to search for managers or see the top 50 like on FMM20?

Thank you

On 30/10/2021 at 21:46, XJ6 said:

Have you improved the affiliate club function to make it more realistic, or like the main game allow us a choice of clubs?

The affiliate search is more realistic this year and will give you a selection of clubs to choose from. You also have the choice to decline from using any if you don't like the options your chairman has presented you.

With 5 leagues, is there a naturally bigger database and will the updated scouting function allow players to be uncovered in regions where you don't have a playable league? i.e. players like Almada wouldn't be in your database despite being a widely regarded young talent in-game last year?

The players active in-game will be more heavily influenced by the leagues you select to be active. If you want to ensure that as many players as possible are present within a region, then we would recommend you select that nation, or at least a nation within that continent to increase the chance of specific players being active.

Have you improved AI transfer valuations and contract negotiation valuations? Is there any additional features to transfer and contract deals i.e. Bonuses, clauses?

The team have rewritten the entire shortlisting for the game. This means you should see clubs making better decisions in regards to squad building in-game. We haven't included new bonus' or clauses in-game because the intent is for the game to remain somewhat streamlined and easy to understand and play.

Have you made any additions/improvements to the editor capabilities?

No major changes have been made to the editor this year.

On 03/11/2021 at 00:01, Vane said:

Like the sound of the game additions. Glad to hear that the AI will be more aggressive in the transfer market for 2022. Hopefully we’ll see fewer big clubs falling into decline. One of the things I liked about Touch was that you could easily miss out on your transfer targets because of aggressive counter bids by other teams. They’d end up building impressive squads. In FMM, opposition teams tended to look on while you built up your super team. 

Also in Touch once your lower/mid table team started doing well, other clubs would hound you with offers for your star players and best prospects and would end up unsettling them. It made it much harder to keep your team together. The closer FMM gets to that, the greater the challenge the game will offer.

You're. Right. What I enjoyed about the transfer system in Touch, was that players showed more personality and common sense in which clubs they chose to join 

At Celtic, I made an offer for Jens Petter Hauge, despite me offering more in wages (and a higher transfer fee), he declined and joined Sassuolo instead 

Players also refused to join simply because they didn't want to. In FMM, it still feels like, if you offer enough money, the transfer will be completed 

I'm excited to see how the new transfer policies will work out for the big clubs. It is really strange seeing all these big clubs filled with 30-35 yrs old players after 10 seasons that fail to sustain themselfes by not replacing their ageing stars with youth prospects in time. Also, how the likes of Real Madrid and PSG never fail to offer me ~150€ Mio for my 32 yo. player thats on the brinck of beeing past it, each season :lol:

• SI Staff
18 hours ago, Ejima2 said:

Are we able to manage who plays in the reserve team the tactics and player selection etc?

At present no - but someone else mentioned making it so that your first team retains the current selection/tactics when you go on holiday and I might be able to do both of these during the update cycle - I'll look into it and let you know when I get a chance (do bear in mind that if I do this the chances are it won't appear until late January as the first few updates will be 'fixes' rather than improvements, those I tend to tuck into later updates).

• SI Staff
On 03/11/2021 at 11:40, ShaneMarc said:

1. Will we be able to edit the faces of the new gen players with editor? 

This might be possible on android if the data area is accessible to you (this will probably depend on your devices setup/OS version) but its not something we've particularly looked at for the initial release in all honesty.

2. Will we be able to search for managers or see the top 50 like on FMM20?

This is possible on both FMM21 and FMM22 incidentally (or should be - please confirm this works for you) ... if its not visible on iOS then you're probably logged into GameCenter, this replaces the hall-of-fame with the Game Center equivalent (presuming I remember right) ... if you disconnect from GameCenter you'll see the top 50.

Hi guys had a quick question about the new jadedness stat in the game as I saw it in the new screenshot.

Is this the equivalent to match sharpness where this can also affect player performance, so if a player hasn't played much recently they also have a high chance of performing poorly?

Or does it only affect fitness?

@Marc Vaughan  @Desmond Richardson

Would really appreciate some insight just curious, by the way great work on the features the generated faces feature is amazing.

Edited by HM786

• SI Staff
14 hours ago, HM786 said:

Is this the equivalent to match sharpness where this can also affect player performance, so if a player hasn't played much recently they also have a high chance of performing poorly?

Jadedness and sharpness have always been in the game - one of the things we try and do with new features is to expose the depth of the game to users more obviously so they can make informed decisions and know why they're winning or losing matches.

The best way to monitor this sort of thing is either through the medical center (for squad glances) or looking at the player personal page (which tries to emphasise this sort of thing, but also the current mentality of the player - for instance if he's wilting under the pressure of keeping up a winning run etc.).

On 05/11/2021 at 14:37, Marc Vaughan said:

At present no - but someone else mentioned making it so that your first team retains the current selection/tactics when you go on holiday and I might be able to do both of these during the update cycle - I'll look into it and let you know when I get a chance (do bear in mind that if I do this the chances are it won't appear until late January as the first few updates will be 'fixes' rather than improvements, those I tend to tuck into later updates).

Oh i would looooooove both. 

Specially the ability to select tactics and players in B/reserve team so that i can prepare players to jump in when needed!!! Like they in real life do in Ajax, Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao etc etc.

Also current tactics when on holiday is a great addon for testing tactics!!!

Edited by Zoot