[FM22][SKIN] Football Manager 2022 Base Skin

michaeltmurrayuk

14 minutes ago, keysi said:

You need to extract the default files player attribute analyser goalkeeper.xml (for keeper polygon) and player attribute analyser outfield.xml (for player), place it to the skin folder/panels/player.

And edit the colours of lines in the lines 29-33.

player attribute analyser outfield.xml 6.39 kB · 0 downloads player attribute analyser goalkeeper.xml 6.07 kB · 0 downloads

obrazek.png.c296e047e3c3c85450520f764b5f31fa.png

Thanks a lot and sorry in advance for the stupid question, but I'm sort of starting from scratch here.

Would the values between 29-32 about the ring colours only?

The colour of the graph line itself would be some of the ones above?

Thanks again for the files though, I'll try to fiddle around them and update the base skin to see how it goes.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, wiper05 said:

Thanks a lot and sorry in advance for the stupid question, but I'm sort of starting from scratch here.

Would the values between 29-32 about the ring colours only?

The colour of the graph line itself would be some of the ones above?

Thanks again for the files though, I'll try to fiddle around them and update the base skin to see how it goes.

Yes, that's right. You can edit the 'inside' line with the colour name in the line 9 for example

Just play with the colours you like and I'm sure you will make it.

This example took me two minutes.

obrazek.png.bc33d503826657b543f4c14a4ba9b268.png

4 hours ago, keysi said:

Yes, that's right. You can edit the 'inside' line with the colour name in the line 9 for example

Managed in the end to get a satisfying result. Even though to be honest I fully didn't grasp how some colours were pre-set. In any case, all's well what ends well :D .

Thanks a lot!

4 horas atrás, keysi disse:

Thanks for pointing this out, also managed to fix the colours with the instructions.

How can I make the polygon smaller next to the player picture/team logo, please?

33 minutes ago, msadler04 said:

Maybe a stupid question but does the skin 'alter' on full release? Therefore meaning we need a new version of the base skin?

It depends if the full version made any changes to the files used by the Skin then yes you'll need to download the updated version, well once I've had a look at the files and updated it.

2 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It depends if the full version made any changes to the files used by the Skin then yes you'll need to download the updated version, well once I've had a look at the files and updated it.

Looking good so far, just updated to the full game and my skin works as before from what I can tell

Thanks @michaeltmurrayuk

I managed to remove all the player pics using the archive resourcer today, I had done this before on 2020's version (very time consuming).

Can I be cheeky and ask how you can change the top bar to match the clubs colours? So its dynamic depending on the club/player you are viewing (like in the old days)

Thanks again.

Edited by Legofingerz

13 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

There should be some threads around from the last couple of versions giving some hints on how to add the team colours back, however it is a fair bit of work.

@michaeltmurrayuk Thanks, I have been looking, and will continue.

For some reason some clubs are still displaying the player pics, despite them being removed by me. Do you have any idea whats causing this? The removal worked for English, Spanish and Italian clubs, but for Germany, France and the Netherlands (possibly more) it has failed to remove the player pics.

Edit: It doesnt seem to be from the latest update as redoing the resource archive process did not work.

Edited by Legofingerz

6 hours ago, Legofingerz said:

@michaeltmurrayuk Thanks, I have been looking, and will continue.

For some reason some clubs are still displaying the player pics, despite them being removed by me. Do you have any idea whats causing this? The removal worked for English, Spanish and Italian clubs, but for Germany, France and the Netherlands (possibly more) it has failed to remove the player pics.

Edit: It doesnt seem to be from the latest update as redoing the resource archive process did not work.

Further investigation leads me to believe that there is something (wrong?) with (some of) the config files when extracted using the resource archiver.

If you see the screenshot; the one on the left is from a downloaded face pack, the one on the right is from the graphics.fmf. When deleting all of the .png's using the downloaded config the players faces are removed, however if I use the extracted version they still appear in-game.

As per the 2nd screenshot, I can rename a different players face to replace a picture, but deleting it doesnt remove it from being displayed in the game. Again this is only the case for some countries  clubs, this looks to be something to do with the licencing.

2021-11-09.png

2021-11-09 (1).png

Edited by Legofingerz

@Legofingerz Looks like if you have the exact same file path the game will find the licensed images, so you just need to place your configs in a slightly different location, so instead of putting the config files in graphics\pictures\players\normal\ just do something like graphics\pictures\players\ instead without the normal folder (as the filepath inside the graphics folder doesn't matter) and it should then stop finding them. So you'd have pictures\players\fra\l1\monaco for example.

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@Legofingerz Looks like if you have the exact same file path the game will find the licensed images, so you just need to place your configs in a slightly different location, so instead of putting the config files in graphics\pictures\players\normal\ just do something like graphics\pictures\players\ instead without the normal folder (as the filepath inside the graphics folder doesn't matter) and it should then stop finding them. So you'd have pictures\players\fra\l1\monaco for example.

Thanks again, I downloaded one of those mega facepacks over 15GB haha and just used that one config and none of the pics.

Good to know for the future though, thanks for the response.

You don't need to make a new skin. You can use your skin from last year's game. Simply open skin_config.xml in the general skin folder, change string value="21.0.0" to string value="22.0.0".

See the file I attached. This is my 21 skin I simply changed string value to 22, and it works.

skin_config.xml

On 08/11/2021 at 16:09, keysi said:

can you share your code. tried this , didnt work

Capture.PNG

20 hours ago, isa-998 said:

You don't need to make a new skin. You can use your skin from last year's game. Simply open skin_config.xml in the general skin folder, change string value="21.0.0" to string value="22.0.0".

See the file I attached. This is my 21 skin I simply changed string value to 22, and it works.

skin_config.xml 1.41 kB · 1 download

Though it's not advisable to just do that (especially if you are an end user) as the game will then be using older files, so depending on the changes you made screens that have been changed in FM22 may not work correctly and in some rare cases may cause the game to crash.

So it is a good practice to also check any of the xml files you have edited against the default FM22 files and to update your code to reflect any changes made by FM22.

(You should also do the same thing when the game gets patched).

1 hour ago, BlueScreen said:

Sorry if this is not the place, but where is located the buttons folder on the default files? I used the resource archive to extract some files, but couldn't find it.

sitoolkit.fmf/skins/fm-widgets/graphics

I'm looking at adding player attributes to the scouting inbox item. Is there a directory somewhere that tells me where to find different parts of the skin to edit specifically, I'd like to grab the attributes code and overwrite the right panel of the scouting inbox item. If there is a directory I could then edit other things as I see fit.

16 hours ago, isa-998 said:

@keysican you provide some help? rgb colours dont work and not sure what bgrange is.

This is what I'm using, it's colour name

<colour name="blue 200"/>
<colour name="blue 400"/>
<colour name="blue 500"/>
<colour name="blue 600"/>
<colour name="blue 800"/>

player attribute analyser goalkeeper.xmlplayer attribute analyser outfield.xml

6 hours ago, keysi said:

This is what I'm using, it's colour name

<colour name="blue 200"/>
<colour name="blue 400"/>
<colour name="blue 500"/>
<colour name="blue 600"/>
<colour name="blue 800"/>

player attribute analyser goalkeeper.xml 6.04 kB · 0 downloads player attribute analyser outfield.xml 6.39 kB · 0 downloads

ah okay, i see now, thanks

1 hour ago, isa-998 said:

ah okay, i see now, thanks

You can create your own colours in the settings.xml file.

Just my example, I decided I will play for the club and I made most of the things in the primary club colour - I found the rgb and I created my own colours and shades.

Like this:

<!-- WARTA Colours -->
<colour name="warta" 		value="rgb(24,128,88)"/>
<colour name="warta 800" 	value="rgb(12, 64, 44)"/>
<colour name="warta 600" 	value="rgb(16, 86, 58)"/>
<colour name="warta 400" 	value="rgb(28, 151, 102)"/>
<colour name="warta 200" 	value="rgb(36, 194, 131)"/>

And just filled the polygon colours with it to have this to show you how it's possible to do it:

obrazek.png.1f9a6dcadd54270ecce10535e70e57f0.png

1 hour ago, keysi said:

You can create your own colours in the settings.xml file.

Just my example, I decided I will play for the club and I made most of the things in the primary club colour - I found the rgb and I created my own colours and shades.

Like this:

<!-- WARTA Colours -->
<colour name="warta" 		value="rgb(24,128,88)"/>
<colour name="warta 800" 	value="rgb(12, 64, 44)"/>
<colour name="warta 600" 	value="rgb(16, 86, 58)"/>
<colour name="warta 400" 	value="rgb(28, 151, 102)"/>
<colour name="warta 200" 	value="rgb(36, 194, 131)"/>

And just filled the polygon colours with it to have this to show you how it's possible to do it:

obrazek.png.1f9a6dcadd54270ecce10535e70e57f0.png

this is pretty neat, is this a new feature?

I want to increase the commentary text size. I have extracted the match commentary xml from panels/match. I am looking at the code but nothings jumping out at me as to what to change. Any ideas on how to do this?

<panel>

<flags id="styl" value="no_border, darkened" />

<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize"/>

<container id="cmpc" tran="1" height="30">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<widget class="picture" file="boxes/custom/match/commentary/bar" id="cmbi" rthr="85" colour="neutral commentary background">
	     		 <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
	   		 </widget>

<!-- commentary widget -->
			<widget class="label" id="cmnt" hidden="true" font="bold">
				<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0,0,2,0" />

<translation id="text" value="" />
				<flags id="algn" value="centre" />
				<colour id="colour" name="text" />
			</widget>

</container>
</panel>

Thanks 

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer
corrected file path

23 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

I want to increase the commentary text size. I have extracted the match commentary xml from panels/match. I am looking at the code but nothings jumping out at me as to what to change. Any ideas on how to do this?

<panel>

<flags id="styl" value="no_border, darkened" />

<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize"/>

<container id="cmpc" tran="1" height="30">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<widget class="picture" file="boxes/custom/match/commentary/bar" id="cmbi" rthr="85" colour="neutral commentary background">
	     		 <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
	   		 </widget>

</widget>

</container>
</panel>

Thanks 

I've managed to work it out. If anyone is interested add this line into line 20: <integer id="size" value="18" /> . The bold number dictates the size of the text. Have a play around until you're happy with it. This is the number I settled on :).

So the bottom widget will look like this 

<integer id="size" value="18" />
			</widget>

Put the match commentary.xml file in panels/match.

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer
added file path

Hello guys. I'm trying to make some changes, but I just can't get my head around the technical stuff.. if anyone can help me by doing the minor changes I would want, I would be very grateful, I can even pay for that. Basically what I want is sidebar changing colour depending on the team (like in FM 21). And second, I like the backgrounds stadium pack but I would want that to be applied only when looking at the home screen of the club and not when I'm looking at players' screen or other stuff. Thanks