Personal contextless thought about FM tactical system

Since I am not a person from an English-speaking country, I can unintentionally write something that is not natural. This is just a personal idea of FM's tactical system.

A new fm series is released every year. SI has modified the match engine and created a new role. However, the big framework of the tactical system has not brought much change in recent years. I think the current tactical system provides a big framework for the entire team and gives players freedom. However, in reality, managers create several detailed tactics and demand their intended movements in various phases. It is intended that one player's movement and another player's movement will occur in a series.

When we make a tactic that mimics a so-called manager's tactic. We watch and imitate only one of the several scenes that the manager intended in the entire 90-minute game. However, the manager's real tactics are not just the scene, but a combination of several other scenes. Also, maybe that scene we've seen is just one of the detailed tactics that deviates from the big frame that the manager wants. (Some managers hope the team will use the stadium widely and create a formation, or a big frame. But he could hope that the wingers would stand narrowly when ST comes down and receives the ball, for example. Then this would be one of the manager's detailed tactics, and these detailed tactics would be fused in every corner of the tactics in a large frame) fm, we can only create a large frame and hope that the movements we want will occur according to the freedom of ai, not our intentions.

3 hours ago, GreenTriangle said:

FM is the only game that simulates real life quite convincingly.

Think that's a pretty massive stretch.  It's certainly the best example of something trying to replicate the slice of real life it's concerned with, but I wouldn't say it comes close to doing anything convincingly.

And since that sounds like I'm just being a contrarian, you're right about the general point.  You're not just going to put your tactics down and watch them be carried out to the letter like it's a turn based strategy or something.  Each agent in the game is going to carry out their task to varying degrees of success, and that uncertainty introduces the randomness.  If that wasn't there, it would not just be unrealistic, but largely tedious.

Edited by forameuss

I think people forget that what you see on the tactic screen is what you look like when you defend and the roles and duties together with player instructions determine your shape when you are in attack. Although it's still limiting compared to what's possible IRL but that is where we are at the moment with the tactical creator