Which ME are you preferring so far? 21 or 22?

Which ME are you preferring so far? 21 or 22?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Which ME are you preferring so far? 21 or 22?

• FM21
    • FM22

do you mean FM21 beta vs FM22 beta ? if not then its unfair to compare a full released game with a beta, for obvious reasons. beta vs beta , probably this one for all the new ui and skin changes , new animation etc. of course things need re jigging and re working, but so does every beta? lets wait till at the very least full release hey! 

5 minutes ago, dannyrefc said:

do you mean FM21 beta vs FM22 beta ? if not then its unfair to compare a full released game with a beta, for obvious reasons. beta vs beta , probably this one for all the new ui and skin changes , new animation etc. of course things need re jigging and re working, but so does every beta? lets wait till at the very least full release hey! 

Not unfair at all.

I'm not criticising the current engine. I'm not saying the current version is the full version or is anyway more or less complete than the final release of FM21. 

I really like the FM22 engine even in it's beta stage. I'm aware there's a few things that need tweaking IMO and that a slight tweak can have a huge knock on effect, and it's  very early doors. Perhaps the question should be 'Which FM engine do you enjoy playing the most in it's current state - FM21 full or FM22 beta?''

2 minutes ago, dannyrefc said:

its a very difficult one though aint it bud , i would have to say fm21 in that case , but hoping with couple of tweaks , fm22 can be on the same level, with the new additions edging it. we shall see in a couple weeks time!

Yeah. I think from my end it's a case of getting IW and IF's sorted a bit. As well as sorting out ridiculous high pass completion rates and adding a bit more intelligence to the central runs/passing triggers. It's got a lot of potential, the new animations add a lot IMO and I've been a huge critic of them in the past and mostly stayed with 2D

FM21 was the most fun I had in a long time. Probably since abusing 17 with Robben's Rigt Foot and the hilarity it created. So right now it still has a special place in my heart that will not be easily replaced.

22 looks nicer though and shows a lot more moves I missed previously. The increased amount of cutbacks is very much appreciated and I love the goalkeeper movement. That deeper playmakers show a bit more restraint is also nice; my WPa->AFa combination absolutely killed weaker opponents from angled through balls. What I don't like is the strength of set pieces and the game's handling of huge mismatches in team strength. Crosses don't bug me this much right now; I get plenty enough nice central passes and most crosses follow a pattern and logic. Also: AI strikers finally score. Can't wait for Lewandowski to retire and for Haaland to be bought out!

Right now my heart tells me 21 and my head reluctantly agrees due to the set pieces bugging me too much and my fear that the mismatch-handling will trigger too often in longer saves.

16 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Yeah. I think from my end it's a case of getting IW and IF's sorted a bit. As well as sorting out ridiculous high pass completion rates and adding a bit more intelligence to the central runs/passing triggers. It's got a lot of potential, the new animations add a lot IMO and I've been a huge critic of them in the past and mostly stayed with 2D

yeah i think thats all down to whatever they have done to 'the new pressing system' in my opinion, whatever they have done it seems like no matter what settings, teams will not press until their own half, allowing teams playing on a defensive mentality to just circulate round the back with 0 pressure!

It was beautiful football with open play&through balls and moves in FM'21 beta that so many people miss after 2 years of crosses&set piece play in previous versions. But It was not real football and balanced after beta version.  Currently I've hopes for FM'22 to continue what FM'21 achieved.  But SI do not have record every new engine is better one for enjoyment. No doubt they work hard. I play 3d with max graphics and enjoy new animations but FM'21 beta still better one for me.

FM 22 ME I enjoy the less accuracy especially in attacking area's as it does make it feel more realistic than FM 21 would like to see more through balls and less crossing though especially in the top league's where players have more creative abilities. 

Edited by Mcfc1894

I gotta give the edge to FM21 atm.

The weaker central play and the focus on wing play and crosses in the FM21 ME is just a bit too much. Combined with the poor IF/IW movement and it always feels like the action goes wide even if the system is designed to play centrally. Headed crosses and long shots also feel a bit over powered at the moment.

Additionally, I feel like the effect of a high intensity tactic waning in the late minutes of a match isn't quite as impactful as I was hoping. You can definitely still high press for 90 mins if you want. But at least the new system does force you to rotate your squad a lot more game to game if that's your style.

That said, I'm hopeful that they can tweak it a bit to get it flowing better to allow for more play styles. The animation system is great. Players show much better decision making with both cut back passes and defenders not looking to hoof the ball long at the first sign of pressure.

Honestly though, if SI wants to hit the ball out of the park, fix the passive/defensive mentality bias that the AI has in designing it's tactics and it's refusal to go attacking even if they go 2+ goals down. That has the biggest impact in permitting the overabundance (and in some cases, requirement) of players using attacking systems which have become more and more necessary with each addition of FM. If this were addressed, this ME (and every other going forward) would be infinitely improved. 

That all said, I expect by the time they get to full release they will have the worst of it worked out and that FM22 ME will surpass FM21 -- which is the best I have played to date. 

Edited by VinceLombardi

FM22 has some very clear issues that the ME team are obviously working to fix, and if you just compare them right now FM21 probably takes the cake.

However, there's just no question that the new animation engine has given the FM22 ME (and future MEs) potential that is leaps and bounds beyond what FM21 could ever accomplish. There's just fundamentally some stuff this ME can recreate that no preceding ME ever could.

I'm enjoying FM21 at the moment, I just upgraded from FM19 in the summer so see no need to get 22. SI said they revamped the ME for this version but gonna hold off until next year when it will most likely be smoothed out with any kinks this year.

And FM21 ME is a lot better than FM19 so I'm already enjoying this version.

I've had a heck of a time enjoying FM21.

The wing play, unending blocked crosses, utterly inexplicable marking decisions, set piece offsides, click-intensive personnel windows, totally useless in-match interface, and, most irritating for me (I know this is silly), removal of match odds from the schedule screen are so frustrating that I've played it less that any previous version that I've owned. The frustration comes not from the problems themselves, but from the addition of so many penumbral "features" while allowing these long-present problems to persist.

FM21 feels like a clunker with nice rims and a sweet spoiler. 

With any luck FM22 will be a refreshing change.

On 26/10/2021 at 22:41, dannyrefc said:

Yes it's fait because FM22 beta should have FM21 as a base. The start of FM22 should be at least as good as the end of 21

On 26/10/2021 at 21:41, dannyrefc said:

Do you think they rewrite the engine every year ? 22 BETA is built on the back of the final version of '21 so it is entirely fair to judge.

Per the OP, I prefer 21 by a mile, it had it's own faults but the changes made for this version have swung far too far back towards the way the game was in FM20 with the prevalence of wing play. Fingers crossed the day 1 patch goes some way to address this.

Edited by treble_yell_:-)