FM22: Manchester United: Never ending transition

sedge11

db.png.32f057b83a2c2b58b468699a7b60d2bb.png

Welcome to the Manchester United FM22 thread

A prestige club that has won: 3 Champions League titles, 1 Europa League, 20 Premiership titles and 12 F.A. Cup's. Most of these were under Sir Matt Busby (The Busby Years) and Sir Alex Ferguson. After the inevitable retirement of SAF, it's been all down hill with the club in constant transition and rebuilding. Louis Van gaal and Mourinho had some success in the FA Cup, Carabao cup and Europa league. Ole has since led a rebuild of the squad and culture at the club, but with no trophy in 4 years and tactics in question, the clock is ticking for much needed success. A terrible start to the season has Ole's job hanging in the balance. Can you bring the trophies and glory days back to Old Trafford?

Stadium: Old Trafford

Capactiy: 74,879

Training Facilities: Superb

Youth Facilities: Superb

Junior Recruitment: Excellent

Youth Recruitment: Excellent

Finances: Rich

Transfer Budget: £30m

Wage Budget: £4.8m pw

Media Prediction: 3rd

Club Culture

Play entertaining football

develop players using youth system

sign player under the age of 23 for the future

Sign high rep players

Sing players under the age of 23 for the first team

End of Season objectives

Reach champions league semi finals

Qualify for the champs league

Reach FA cup final

Work towards becoming the most rep team in England

Work towards becoming the most rep team in Europe

Work towards becoming the most rep team in the World

New signings

Varane, Sancho, Ronaldo

Spoiler

varane.thumb.png.cc8d266d1d2bb2deab0d754b6130b21e.png

Sancho.thumb.png.fa2801db76412014e915c4d20bd8f1c6.png

Ronaldo.thumb.png.5f2229de60ce751f2d7a783998f2740b.png

A very good summer with 3 big name signings coming through the door in much needed area's CB and RW, with Ronaldo also coming home. There are still area's of concern though, mainly in the midfield with no DM coming in, along with Pogba in the final year of his contract, plus the over reliance on the now named Mcfred partnership, can you find a solution? RB is also an area that needs improvement and better depth.

As always with Manchester United there is some great youth talent to pick from and develop, with the standouts being: Mejbri, Diallo, Shoretire and Elanga.

The squad is stacked with 26 players in the 1st team, with a number of players such as Williams, Tuanzebe, Pereria, Garner and Laird all out on loan.

Can you make the most of the 3 new signings? Can you plug the gap in midfield? What will you do with Pogba, Lingard and Cavani? Can you build a formidable team and bring back trophies to Manchester United?

Good luck guys, should be a fun save.

Edited by sedge11

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, sedge11 said:

As always with Manchester United there is some great youth talent to pick from and develop, with the standouts being: Mejbri, Diallo, Shoretire and Elanga.

Kambwala is looking promising to I'd say

Problem is, with the talent in the squad this isn't going to be a difficult save.

Centre of the park i think i would be looking towards the youth team. Hannibal deserves some game time, and progression.

Maguire is going. Varane needs a decent partner, with a bit of pace ( probably look at Kounde here).

Edited by Jamie Cortez

10 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I'm not sure if I can bring myself to enabling the first transfer window, but man the centre of midfield needs strengthened badly. I usually always disable the first window for realism.

Budget isn’t high so wouldn’t be able to go crazy if you got tempted lol. I usually enable it and brihg in some youngsters for my u18’s/u23’s 

Won the league in my first season signed Gavi from Barca for £38 mil he didnt come until the next transfer window though. Signed Mbappe on a free of course and Bastoni and some Welsh youngster from Swansea. Sold all the usual dead wood such as Lingard, Fred Lindelof etc. Cant however get rid of Maguire he rejects everyone because he doesnt want to leave. 

Currently in 2nd season struggling with consistency in form. 

1 hour ago, Jamie Cortez said:

Problem is, with the talent in the squad this isn't going to be a difficult save.

Centre of the park i think i would be looking towards the youth team. Hannibal deserves some game time, and progression.

Maguire is going. Varane needs a decent partner, with a bit of pace ( probably look at Kounde here).

Tell that to Ole.

1 hour ago, jackripper said:

Won the league in my first season signed Gavi from Barca for £38 mil he didnt come until the next transfer window though. Signed Mbappe on a free of course and Bastoni and some Welsh youngster from Swansea. Sold all the usual dead wood such as Lingard, Fred Lindelof etc. Cant however get rid of Maguire he rejects everyone because he doesnt want to leave. 

Currently in 2nd season struggling with consistency in form. 

Formation?For once 4231 seems a good formation in FM

This is my formation/tactic

image.png.b78b023e30c44568a471c72e1aafa737.png

1st transfer window, central defence and central midfield prioritised.

image.png.3d170d99aa1a24076efeed943c423071.png

We're 9 games in and sitting very pretty, although the only team of note we've played is Chelsea, once the familiarity is there between the players i think we'll be flying.

image.png.c096c6a3a88876ca43ef4b515fa4ea86.png

Might do a January update if anything happens in the transfer window.

Also, there's a good way to exploit the budget, minimal as it is. If you decide to upgrade the defence, you can just request the board for one - I generally opted to go for Araujo, he looks like a beast. Removes your budget, but if you are doing this about 3-4 days after the start, you can generally sell Lingard, Lindelof and Matic for decent-ish money - I had about 60 Mn$ left over afterwards, where I prioritised a move for Kessie.

But this generally looks to be an easier save than normal, considering the players. 

But I like this FM, it can get quite punishing if you don't know properly what your tactic can and cannot do. A simple 4-2-4 which I used to use last year isn't as effective anymore and I love it. Plus, using Bruno and Pogba as a midfield 2 (B2b and DLP) this year means there are greater chances of teams exploiting through the middle when both are higher up the pitch.

6 hours ago, jackripper said:

Did you do all this in season 1 or were the majority done at the start of season 2?

I think I'll keep the first window disabled tbh, although that means I'll have to put up with the current central midfielders 😂😭. Also it seems easier to bring players in on the cheap in the first window, but I just think it's more realistic to start with the window disabled, if anyone has a counter argument to this then let me hear it 😅 I'm also disabling the first window in my Fifa career mode, just makes more sense to me. I'm sure it's just me and @sedge11 who take this stance in here though.

5 hours ago, jackripper said:

I play a 4231 vertical tika taka. 

Is that without any edits? 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Ok so I had a beta save started, but with using a name fix and making few mistakes with how used some players, I started over.

I disabled the 1st transfer window, as I do with every save. I just like to have realistic squads for the start, also gives me more time to plan.

But what I have done is sort the staff out. With a clear out of almost every 1st team staff member.

263239154_Staffchanges.thumb.png.d39bfde5ef601014c184c20c1d506a90.png

Ole's mistake is/was not enough experience. So all the staff I've brought in have plenty of experience at top level. Steve Holland as assistant is one I'm particularly happy with.

So I have set up 2 tactics, a 4-3-3 and something I want to give ago is a 4-4-1-1.

2122053855_tactic1.png.6f76eff2d7c807dc6b0db09c2fe255f4.png 1986336910_tactic2.png.ad7d84b51b55016e32708fab30dbd384.png

We have been given a tricky start to the league season.

1108724558_trickystart.png.6b785c4a177685e2684df7dec6a518f5.png

3 of the big boys in the 1st 5 games.

A few area's I will be addressing will be Pogba and Lingard's contracts. I reckon I will give Lingard a new deal as I think he suits the 4-4-1-1, but Pogba I'm undecided on at the moment. I'm leaning towards just letting him go as the previous couple of fm's I have struggled to get the best out of him.

Now in forward planning, as I know we need a dm or cm, I have made Brozovic my top target and Kessie a transfer target with Murtough and Lawlor following both players. Both are out of contract at the end of the 1st season, so my hope is to unsettle at least one of them so they don't sign a new contract and I can get a quality player for free.

15 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Did you do all this in season 1 or were the majority done at the start of season 2?

I think I'll keep the first window disabled tbh, although that means I'll have to put up with the current central midfielders 😂😭. Also it seems easier to bring players in on the cheap in the first window, but I just think it's more realistic to start with the window disabled, if anyone has a counter argument to this then let me hear it 😅 I'm also disabling the first window in my Fifa career mode, just makes more sense to me. I'm sure it's just me and @sedge11 who take this stance in here though.

Is that without any edits? 

These are my tactics 

Manchester-UFC-Overview-2.png

19 hours ago, sedge11 said:

Ok so I had a beta save started, but with using a name fix and making few mistakes with how used some players, I started over.

I disabled the 1st transfer window, as I do with every save. I just like to have realistic squads for the start, also gives me more time to plan.

But what I have done is sort the staff out. With a clear out of almost every 1st team staff member.

263239154_Staffchanges.thumb.png.d39bfde5ef601014c184c20c1d506a90.png

Ole's mistake is/was not enough experience. So all the staff I've brought in have plenty of experience at top level. Steve Holland as assistant is one I'm particularly happy with.

So I have set up 2 tactics, a 4-3-3 and something I want to give ago is a 4-4-1-1.

2122053855_tactic1.png.6f76eff2d7c807dc6b0db09c2fe255f4.png 1986336910_tactic2.png.ad7d84b51b55016e32708fab30dbd384.png

We have been given a tricky start to the league season.

1108724558_trickystart.png.6b785c4a177685e2684df7dec6a518f5.png

3 of the big boys in the 1st 5 games.

A few area's I will be addressing will be Pogba and Lingard's contracts. I reckon I will give Lingard a new deal as I think he suits the 4-4-1-1, but Pogba I'm undecided on at the moment. I'm leaning towards just letting him go as the previous couple of fm's I have struggled to get the best out of him.

Now in forward planning, as I know we need a dm or cm, I have made Brozovic my top target and Kessie a transfer target with Murtough and Lawlor following both players. Both are out of contract at the end of the 1st season, so my hope is to unsettle at least one of them so they don't sign a new contract and I can get a quality player for free.

Sacking all the mates rates staff. :cool:

Do like a good solid 4411, I assume that's an away/tough opponent tactic? 

Just finished my 2nd season and after winning the league in the first season i finished a measly 4th this time around however i did win the League Cup and Champs league. Managed to finally sell Maguire to R Madrid. Sold De Gea so had to loan in Emi Martinez on a loan in the winter deadline day but he played one game as Henderson played well. 

Ronaldo's legs seem to be going now but he still bangs them in. 

If you want screen shots of anything let me know 

On 26/10/2021 at 17:00, craigcwwe said:

Sacking all the mates rates staff. :cool:

Do like a good solid 4411, I assume that's an away/tough opponent tactic? 

Haha yea they had to go, wanted better staff with more experience.

Yea it is, though I’ve yet to get it to work very well, so haven’t used it much at the moment. Will look to tweak it and use it in some lesser games.

Did a test save for a season earlier, set my tactic up, 433 and holiday it. Ended up winning the league and scored 102 goals, 29 more than second place (Villa...?!) 

Ronaldo with 57 goals in 40(6) games! :thup: :cool:

Bruno with 14 goals and 25 assists in 50 games. 

Edited by craigcwwe

Started a beta save, but without any first window transfers so I have to use the current Utd squad. Personally I prefer this way anyway because it gives me a few months to actually sort out the staff, tactics etc. so I can clearly identify what players I will get rid and what players I will sign going forward.

First job was to get rid of the jobs for the lads:

image.thumb.png.2d63406b8b01544136b6e229bf018271.png

And it has paid because I am #1 in every coaching category for the league, except for Fitness for which I am #2:

image.png.27b4b4b38160cc9f10b4f4cf058c1e72.png

My tactics currently:

image.png.2b71e14dfb1f4dc7901379f71fa65c74.png

Wan Bissaka felt really bad as a full back because he's so useless going forward, but changing his role to IWB so he just kinda sits to recycle possession and break up counter attacks really suits him. Can't quite get my striker in a role that gets them firing, but RMD for Ronaldo is absolutely perfect for him and I have no doubt he will start banging them in now. 

I am also loving the data hub - we've played 3 games so far (D vs Leeds, W vs Leicester and W vs Watford) and we haven't conceded a goal, but the hub is showing me that we are actually quite lucky to have not conceded a goal. It's also pointed out some flaws in my pass maps which I really like. 

1 hour ago, nico_france said:

Curious to get your feedbacks guys for Greenwood

Always consiedered as en elite player IG, but seems to be far less dominant IRL atm, at least from what i saw in the past season in PL and EL

He's an elite talent irl, had a 'slower' season last year but it wasn't a real surprise after bursting onto the scene the season before. Will develop into one of the best players in the world imo. 

I'm at the end of January, we are 20 games unbeaten in the league. but this is the players I have out at the moment.

injuries.png.f8f5758405d1401bb9bb53b47be826e4.png

I have Elanga, Mengi and Hannibal on the bench and still only have 7 out of 9 subs.

My next game is away to Chelsea who are top of the league.

4 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

I'm at the end of January, we are 20 games unbeaten in the league. but this is the players I have out at the moment.

injuries.png.f8f5758405d1401bb9bb53b47be826e4.png

I have Elanga, Mengi and Hannibal on the bench and still only have 7 out of 9 subs.

My next game is away to Chelsea who are top of the league.

Damn! Thats some amount of an injury list!

5 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Damn! Thats some amount of an injury list!

I know, not ideal at all especially with Telles and Shaw both out, had to play Dalot left back and he had a shocker. Unsurprisingly I lost to Chelsea 2-0 and lost my unbeaten run. 

25 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

I know, not ideal at all especially with Telles and Shaw both out, had to play Dalot left back and he had a shocker. Unsurprisingly I lost to Chelsea 2-0 and lost my unbeaten run. 

Yeah Chelsea are power houses this year. I lost to them even with a mostly fit team while I was trying to get my possession tactic to work probably going to restart again to see how it fairs now I feel we press enough how I would like 

Is anyone getting over £4m a month in transfer expenditure? I've had £28.8m go out so far to November 2021. I've checked my transfers and there's nothing for anyone I've signed in terms of monthly expenses and I've looked up the transfer clauses. All I see is multiple clubs due £Xm every year so no idea what the £4m+ a month is for. Any ideas? Is it a data error/bug or is it the game taking some money each money to put towards the yearly £Xm for the various historic transfers?

I was set on 4231 but after today it's a sign, 352 it is. I was actually considering 352 before I seen the lineup today, so yeah that's me decided. Especially because IF's are supposed to be broken in the current match engine. Never tried a 3 ATB formation either, will be interesting to see how it goes. 352 actually suits United because Greenwood and Rashford can obviously play as strikers. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I was set on 4231 but after today it's a sign, 352 it is. I was actually considering 352 before I seen the lineup today, so yeah that's me decided. Especially because IF's are supposed to be broken in the current match engine. Never tried a 3 ATB formation either, will be interesting to see how it goes. 352 actually suits United because Greenwood and Rashford can obviously play as strikers. 

My 4-4-1-1 wasn't working so I ended up making this a couple days ago.

3-5-2.png.9b445be7c7b486196e67a72b2ef70020.png

It's only for big games, especially big away games. It's worked quite well so far, 4 games 4 wins with no goals conceded, however I have only scored 5 goals in those 4 games.

Manchester United 2023/24 (3rd season)

So just finished my 3rd season and this season we won the league and back to back champions league. My plan this season was to phase out Ronaldo who is still undecided what he wants to do now his contract is expiring. I would like him to re sign a new contract but to be honest we probably got the players to replace him. We did nothing in the FA Cup but lost in the final of the League Cup to Arsenal. 

Transfer wise we signed 3 players in Camivagna, Areola on loan as i sold De Gea and struggled to bring a replacement in as PSG didnt want to sell Donnarumma who i want as my major signing. I also signed a regen striker from Brazil but he hasnt joined the club yet. His screen shot is below. I also promoted a 5 star potential right back in Conroy who played 33 games for me. Again screenshot below. 

I managed to persuade the club to build a new stadium as we had plans scrapped twice to expand Old Trafford however even though they have agreed i have heard nothing at all since they agreed.

English-Premier-Division-Profile-2.png

Manchester-UFC-Players.png

Manchester-UFC-Transfer-History.png

European-Champions-Cup-Stages.png

Ciaran-Conroy-Profile.png

Carlos-Andr-Profile.png

17 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Watching yesterday's game and I had an idea. 

Cavani TF-S     Ronaldo  AF/Poacher

Bruno AP-A

Was only thinking on how I'd line those three up as they were the three attacking players in that system yesterday but I'd be interested in seeing how that front three plays out. 

8 hours ago, jackripper said:

Manchester United 2023/24 (3rd season)

So just finished my 3rd season and this season we won the league and back to back champions league. My plan this season was to phase out Ronaldo who is still undecided what he wants to do now his contract is expiring. I would like him to re sign a new contract but to be honest we probably got the players to replace him. We did nothing in the FA Cup but lost in the final of the League Cup to Arsenal. 

Transfer wise we signed 3 players in Camivagna, Areola on loan as i sold De Gea and struggled to bring a replacement in as PSG didnt want to sell Donnarumma who i want as my major signing. I also signed a regen striker from Brazil but he hasnt joined the club yet. His screen shot is below. I also promoted a 5 star potential right back in Conroy who played 33 games for me. Again screenshot below. 

I managed to persuade the club to build a new stadium as we had plans scrapped twice to expand Old Trafford however even though they have agreed i have heard nothing at all since they agreed.

English-Premier-Division-Profile-2.png

Manchester-UFC-Players.png

Manchester-UFC-Transfer-History.png

European-Champions-Cup-Stages.png

Ciaran-Conroy-Profile.png

Carlos-Andr-Profile.png

That brazilian ain't no striker :D

So season 1 is now finished. It's been a quite a good season with a few up and downs, so lets get into it.

In the January window, I didn't sign anyone, but Mata, Bailly and Martial all went out the door. I managed to get 16 mil from Wolves for Bailly and 32 mil from PSG for Martial.

The league season was tight, with ourselves, Liverpool, city and chelsea all fighting for the title.

126027694_leagueseason1.thumb.png.e819e8a063763a9c2f1c26921888a151.png

However we just couldn't quite do it though, Chelsea were just relentless at 1 stage and pretty much controlled the title fight at the back end of the season. I'm pretty happy with that season though especially as I was experimenting with tactics in some games. A surprise loss to Brentford with 2 games to go though cost us a final day title fight.

Surprisingly Shaw won the footballer of the year for the league. What surprises me is that its usually been the player with the highest rating that wins it, which would of been De Bruyne. Not sure if thats a new thing or a bug?

shaw.png.7a92b346e189fa06635ae6b96bc7d67c.png

We did however win a trophy, winning the FA cup, we had a pretty easy run bar Liverpool. But always nice to win our 1st trophy and win at least 1 trophy a season.

1492722766_facuptitle.png.252eee087dc641a4d141a1b6ba7102ab.png

246200311_facups1.thumb.png.847728aa5d1b6c71a43d67a66f9fd0ae.png

Champs league we got knocked out in the semi final by Bayern, and the carabao cup we went out early. Unfortunately Liverpool won both those trophies.

Here was the player stats for the season 1.

1027070564_s1stats.thumb.png.2c7d50b55c49833ca777c0eac5c333b9.png643750808_s1stats2.thumb.png.e7ddf64f454d3db65dc7b98b6de65875.png

Telles and Shaw both producing from left back. Ronaldo with 30 goals was brilliant, Cavani I ended up playing more than expected and had a great output with 20 goals. Bruno was incredible as he has been in the last fm or 2.

Couple of players that struggled, Sancho kept getting small injuries so spent a fair bit of time not fit enough to constantly play, so hopefully next season he stay fully fit and I can get the best of him. Pogba did ok, but its been the same since fm20, I just can't get the best out of him. I haven't renewed his contract yet and I will probably let him leave for free. Maguire also just wasn't very good and I will probably take the captaincy off him.

So plans for season 2.

Pogba is going to go on a free, and I will also look to sell Henderson, Fred, Jones, and then Pereria once hes back. I may also look to sell one of Lindelof and Maguire.

To come in Brozovic is joining for free, I may also look and get Sule in for free if I sell Lindelof or Maguire. With Pogba going, Tielemans is my main target to replace him. Also I am probably going to renew Cavani's contract and keep him for 1 more year, as he was so good in the 1st season.

3 hours ago, sedge11 said:

So season 1 is now finished. It's been a quite a good season with a few up and downs, so lets get into it.

In the January window, I didn't sign anyone, but Mata, Bailly and Martial all went out the door. I managed to get 16 mil from Wolves for Bailly and 32 mil from PSG for Martial.

The league season was tight, with ourselves, Liverpool, city and chelsea all fighting for the title.

126027694_leagueseason1.thumb.png.e819e8a063763a9c2f1c26921888a151.png

However we just couldn't quite do it though, Chelsea were just relentless at 1 stage and pretty much controlled the title fight at the back end of the season. I'm pretty happy with that season though especially as I was experimenting with tactics in some games. A surprise loss to Brentford with 2 games to go though cost us a final day title fight.

Surprisingly Shaw won the footballer of the year for the league. What surprises me is that its usually been the player with the highest rating that wins it, which would of been De Bruyne. Not sure if thats a new thing or a bug?

shaw.png.7a92b346e189fa06635ae6b96bc7d67c.png

We did however win a trophy, winning the FA cup, we had a pretty easy run bar Liverpool. But always nice to win our 1st trophy and win at least 1 trophy a season.

1492722766_facuptitle.png.252eee087dc641a4d141a1b6ba7102ab.png

246200311_facups1.thumb.png.847728aa5d1b6c71a43d67a66f9fd0ae.png

Champs league we got knocked out in the semi final by Bayern, and the carabao cup we went out early. Unfortunately Liverpool won both those trophies.

Here was the player stats for the season 1.

1027070564_s1stats.thumb.png.2c7d50b55c49833ca777c0eac5c333b9.png643750808_s1stats2.thumb.png.e7ddf64f454d3db65dc7b98b6de65875.png

Telles and Shaw both producing from left back. Ronaldo with 30 goals was brilliant, Cavani I ended up playing more than expected and had a great output with 20 goals. Bruno was incredible as he has been in the last fm or 2.

Couple of players that struggled, Sancho kept getting small injuries so spent a fair bit of time not fit enough to constantly play, so hopefully next season he stay fully fit and I can get the best of him. Pogba did ok, but its been the same since fm20, I just can't get the best out of him. I haven't renewed his contract yet and I will probably let him leave for free. Maguire also just wasn't very good and I will probably take the captaincy off him.

So plans for season 2.

Pogba is going to go on a free, and I will also look to sell Henderson, Fred, Jones, and then Pereria once hes back. I may also look to sell one of Lindelof and Maguire.

To come in Brozovic is joining for free, I may also look and get Sule in for free if I sell Lindelof or Maguire. With Pogba going, Tielemans is my main target to replace him. Also I am probably going to renew Cavani's contract and keep him for 1 more year, as he was so good in the 1st season.

What tactics are you using? Some beautiful stats there, cavani absolutely obliterating his XG stat. 

Wing backs seem very very effective, all good crossers and seeing ronaldo and cavani upfront must've given them a good load, be interested to see the goal types for them assists. 

Nice to see DRBPG being more realistic than FM21 so far, was expecting sancho's to be higher then again it might be down to your set up first and foremost. 

20 hours ago, BigV said:

What tactics are you using? Some beautiful stats there, cavani absolutely obliterating his XG stat. 

Wing backs seem very very effective, all good crossers and seeing ronaldo and cavani upfront must've given them a good load, be interested to see the goal types for them assists. 

Nice to see DRBPG being more realistic than FM21 so far, was expecting sancho's to be higher then again it might be down to your set up first and foremost. 

Well my main tactic is 4-3-3. But I have been messing around with a 4-4-1-1, which didn't really work so created this hybrid of a 4-4-2 and a 3-5-2.3-5-2.png.1d3893c4bc5f0f5b1493a642e8024a37.png

I've got a pretty good record with it as well. Played 7 won 6 with 4 clean sheets.

Yea I think with Sancho, because he kept getting niggling injuries, it was difficult to give him many 90 mins. Will see how it differs to next season if he stays fit.

7 hours ago, milan_manutd said:

Question for those who finished first season - what about players who are back from loan? Williams, Laird, Levitt, Garner, Chong, Tuanzebe, Andreas P,…

I have just finished season 1 and I plan to sell Andreas P, while letting Chong leave on a free. Tuanzebe may stick around, the others I will try send on loan again.

Took me longer than I wanted but the summer window is done, and season 2 is started.

Its been a busy window, few decisions were made, different targets were signed.

1319655151_season2transfers.thumb.png.1874204a50a008232939e203f892d74c.png

So we sold more than we spent, just like the 1st season.

1st the outs. Pogba - Didn't give him a new contract so off he went. Surprisingly the teams that came in for him were Barca, Inter and Spurs. Jones, Fred and Pereira I think are obvious ones. Dalot wasn't planned but Arsenal came in with an offer of about 25 mil, I upped and they accepted, so gladly took the money.

Maguire was a tricky sell, took some convincing, but he eventually agreed to sign for Juve. It was between him and Lindelof who went, but Lindelof was just slightly better in the 1st season.

So the ins. Brozovice was a deal I had in place since January. Tielemans was my inital target to bring in as well but Leicester were being awkward with the price,  so I moved on and Wolves had got relegated, so Neves seemed like a bargain. The cb was a difficult one, Sule and Tomori were options, but in the end I went for Milenkovic who is a player I have used alot over the last couple fm's and has always been good.

I couldn't find a rb that I liked to replace Dalot so Laird will get his chance to impress.

Overall I'm quite happy with that, the midfield needed a bit of a revamp. So I now plan to go with Brozovic, Donny and Bruno as my midfield 3, which I think is very good.

I've played 1 game and that was the community shield, I put abit of a 2nd string team out and we lost 1-0 to chelsea.

EDIT: To add with Maguire gone we needed a new captain. So Ronaldo is the most obvious option but I was thinking more long term, so I have made Bruno captain.

Edited by sedge11