Either I am a tactical genius or FM22 is to easy.

I am kinnda average when it comes to tactics and usually I download one from the internet...But I did my own this time.

Manchester United is a good team on paper but it should not be so easy. 20 wins in a row, Most of them went easy.

I dont know...the game feels to easy and no longer fun as the older versions. I hope its gonna be more challenging when the full game released.

image.png.f0efc2716a561913edbe123e69b3e054.png

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you show some screenshots from the data hub, particularly how the stats look in comparison with the rest of the league?

Just looking at the West Ham picture, I wouldn't say that the game is too easy. Manchester is clearly the better team and is expected to win. Even playing one man down, they should be at the very least competitive (and with how the game reacts to send-offs, a human can cheese the system quite well!). The stats show xG values that are very close to each other and Manchester only has one shot on target more. Difference being: Manchester converted 80%, Westham merely 25%. A different form from the keepers and the game looks completely different.

It was a close match fortune and individual skill made look lopsided. I'm currently having something similar: My underdog team predicted to finish 16th out of 18th is among the top of the league, often not conceding in rows of 5 matches or more. But looking at the stats, this is not something to bank on.

Sure, the run is going on pretty long but Manchester *is* a top team with a top offensive lines that can skew the results quite a bit compared to the "normal" or "expected" values.

Let's remember that with FM21 there were actually 2 bugs (that I recall) in the beta that made the game easy. Sometimes a thing is a little unbalanced or bugged and creates a cascade. Hopefully if there's somethingl ike this for this edition, they'll fix it before release. Also, I suspect they can now better fine tune the passing and fitness, so if there're issues there they can quickly change it as the game now allows it.

Have to agree. I use my first save as a bit of a trial to get used to the new features / UI changes. I use standard, preset formations and don't really pay much attention to actually 'managing' anything. 

By Christmas with United I am top of the league by 9 points and won most games easily and all my squads morale is high as a result. No one is unhappy with playing time, or training ect. While Man Utd's squad is strong on paper, it should take a lot of managing to achieve that kind of form. Otherwise Ole wouldn't be struggling so much.

I usually only play as United so will be  waiting for the database editor to come out so I can nerf my own team and create my own disharmony to manage, which is what I seem to do every year. My biggest issue with FM is how easy it is to manage teams that dominate everything, so hoping that my first few months so far are an outlier. But I am not hopeful.

I like the changes this year to the game, love how the new ME plays out. But would welcome more of a challenge.

16 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Half a dozen of 1 and 6 of another problem here. Man u are good in game people say it's too easy, if Man U weren't OP in the game people would say it's broken

Because there's a sweet spot in the middle? That United side should be quite easy (but not guaranteed) to finish in the Top 4 with, but pretty hard to win the title with. And nearly regardless of the team, 20-game win streaks should be incredibly difficult. Not impossible if you adapt tactics well on a game-by-game basis and enjoy a lot of luck, but extraordinarily rare and simply not possible without real effort.

You don't need to be a genius to win the league with Utd. Making a good tactic is enough. So I'd say you're no genius, but your tactic is good. Not average or whatever, it's good, no problem on this.

Even when trying the "OP" stuff I struggle. My Haaland can't score his 1c1. He's not good as a target man (I've seen people destroying everything with a defaut tactic and a target man, usually a mediocre player). See, that's someone who's terrible at tactics. FM will never be too easy for me :seagull:

More info on your tactic?

18 hours ago, SergeiG said:

I dont know...the game feels to easy and no longer fun as the older versions. I hope its gonna be more challenging when the full game released.

It's easy to tell if it's "too easy." Your team has played 13 league games, scored 46 goals and conceded only 6.
Questions:
1. How much xG does your team have after 13 games? What about opponents?
2. How many shots and shots on target does your team have? What about opponents ?

I started with Ipswich, and although i'm no tactical genius i've gone 16 games unbeaten so far but this could be down to the fact that:

* The Squad is stacked full of talent good enough to do well in the Championship imo 

* I could have chosen a good tactic for these players - it's default with a few tweaks mainly

* My team could be over-performing.

Seems easier so far but I could have the 'Man United' of League One so might try managing another club in the same league to test myself (Shrewsbury etc)

Ips1.PNG

ips2.PNG

ips3.PNG

3 hours ago, theking1 said:

My game with Pompey has just turned into a click/continue fest….just juggling fitness levels but still playing 4-2-3-1 gegenpress and not adjusting tactics, as I enter January 10 points clear of 2nd place.

Yea the fitness levels from gegenpress actually works this year (was actually in FM21) but things like lack of inaccuracies and mistakes (which was said to happen when players are tired which is not really happening) still make it OP. Currently, all you need is a team with depth. 

Sorry for the late reply. Here is my super tactics:

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.6c6bfefb1551b52ff7eecb8228ad00dd.png

This is my "Strong" line up but i rotate the squad often for the "easy" games like Watford, Besiktas Etc.

As you can see Cavani and Greenwood are not very far behind from Ronaldo on goals, And I usually play Greenwoon on the right.

Some goodies from the data hub:

Screenshot_3.png.622861da55ccceb51568b48f0589dcdb.png

Screenshot_4.png.d8608d5f5f62551f4e73ac13a9b24ca8.png

Screenshot_5.png.a425560f72137394fef5bea6761340b7.png

Screenshot_6.png.2b7c2efa105d498b761e7895c12a56fb.png

My defense is rubbish as you can see, But it works for me in the end,

14 minutes ago, Dan_987 said:

and will be overpowered again in FM22 no doubt

Losing only 0-4 at home to Liverpool in the game?

It's funny and sad when the example in the TS is a team that's much better on paper than IRL. Does this mean any semi-competent manager would be able to lead Man Utd to success or is it FM researchers that are too partisan?

Edited by Fredrik

il y a 6 minutes, Fredrik a dit :

Losing only 0-4 at home to Liverpool in the game?

It's funny and sad when the example in the TS is a team that's much better on paper than IRL. Does this mean any semi-competent manager would be able to lead Man Utd to success or is it FM researchers that are too partisan?

When you had to live in a FM world where Leighton Baines was the most powerful LB for years, cant be surprised anymore in England

On 23/10/2021 at 17:48, theking1 said:

Must admit I’m finding it a bit too easy with Portsmouth in league 1….top of table after 14 matches and only 1 defeat…playing 4-2-3-1 gegenpress and not fiddling with tactics too much

Thats because you are in charge instead of the Cowleys. I have run a number of soak tests unemployed and Pompey generally get promoted via play-offs and yo-yo between Champ and L1 over a 5 year period

I have some concerns of the AI Managers' and their selection of teams

Just had my worst and my most stresful game of the season VS Arsenal.

Still won it in the last minute with Greenwood the super-sub

image.thumb.png.2f1f3c2110a34ac36ff2fcf272de5055.png

22 wins in a row. the game wont let me lose! :lol:

I guess the good subs won the game for me but still...

Yup seems like nothing have changed except the stamina which was suppose to be in last years game…

So far in my holiday save with Oxford City with a plug and play gegenpress tactic, we are running the league in the first year. I want to see how far up the pyramid it will take me. Haven’t had any injury issues. Projected to have 55 but only had 19 so far at the start of April 2022.

Gegenpress still seem plug and play to me, atleast in the beta…

On 23/10/2021 at 17:56, Piperita said:

...Just looking at the West Ham picture, I wouldn't say that the game is too easy. Manchester is clearly the better team and is expected to win. Even playing one man down...

West Ham lost 2-1 to a great injury time goal and a few days later West Ham beat MU at Old Trafford 1-0

"Manchester is clearly the better team and is expected to win. Even playing one man down" haha very funny.

Edited by starbugg

4 hours ago, starbugg said:

West Ham lost 2-1 to a great injury time goal and a few days later West Ham beat MU at Old Trafford 1-0

"Manchester is clearly the better team and is expected to win. Even playing one man down" haha very funny.

It doesn't matter what RL-data says. The game can hardly replicate United's repeated failings as those are not a matter of simple numerical values. Going purely by the player's stats, they *are* on a different level and when a player uses those stats to their advantage, an AI Westham should be relatively easy beaten.

As long as the game doesn't dramatically increase the importance of player personality, the AI's adaptability against weak zones, and adds some more bravery against reputable/in-form teams, United will always be better ingame than real life because their stars *are* bona fide stars and their average gets boosted to be competitive enough to gain proper playing time. 

They have the better players and with how opponents play turtle, they can freely abuse long shots or the deadly combination of speed+dribbling through the lines. Not too mention Ronaldo's killer instincts. 

Test
I used a relatively weak team (Naxara, Spanish 4th league. Media prediction : 15th). I also chose a template (tiki taka) that requires good players.
What happened ? Table after 10 rounds :

xsDYPsZ.jpg

After the 10th round we changed "defensive line" (from much higher to standard) and "line of engagement" (also from much higher to standard). There was an effect of this change, but not really singnificant :

y97RaO7.jpg

Is this normal ? Of course not. I have to specify something: a maximum of 22 players can be registered in the Spanish 4th league, and towards the end of the season injuries seriously affected some important players.

So ... is it that the game is "too easy"? Not. Version xx.0.1 (beta) has always been "easy". In fact, it is clear that the ME has not yet been completely balanced. The beta version is used to correct various malfunctions that may occur.

Example 1 : I have 3 central defenders in the squad, and none of them is very good (not even for the 4th league level). But I have almost the best defense in the league and, more importantly, the ratio between shots on target and total shots on my target is only 27%. Normally it should be around 40% (and, given the quality of the players, even higher than 40%).

YXQ2iqB.jpg

Example 2 : my midfielders are at an average qualitative level. They should normally have serious difficulties when they are under pressure ... but they are not. Opponents' pressing is weak or (sometimes) non-existent.

ulLjjes.jpg

Example 3. I don't have very good strikers. I also don't have very good wide midfielders. But ...

YwrSonO.jpg

Normally, only the best teams in the league could create more than two CCCs per game. My team is not very good at all ... but it has created, on average, no less than 2.4 CCCs in every game.

I don't want to say that I "know" what's happening, but I think it's something about pressing. The AI does not react correctly, does not cover all areas of the pitch and is particularly vulnerable in the middle zone (DC - DM - MC). It also tends to pass to wide midfielders even when the AMC or strikers are free. In FM21 direct (and long) passes to STC's were excessively frequent. Now, the AI insists on pass to flanks even when the a pass to an unmarked striker is clearly the better option.

Test.

I took a team, Crystal Palace. Media prediction : 17th. I create a tactical configuration, I selected "reject all offers" and "use current match tactics" ... and I went on holiday until December 31st. I tried this twice for gegenpress and for tiki taka templates. What's happened ?

1. Gegenpress :

QZX32QY.jpg

2. Tiki-taka :

oG4H7W6.jpg

Strange, isn't it? No, I didn't make any mistake. In all 4 cases I used the same procedure.

From what I understand, certain approaches can trigger a decrease (significant, probably) in terms of intensity and frequency of pressing. It also seems that a highly possession-based game can highly decrease the effect of this trigger. That could explain the efficiency of tiki-taka. However, it is not clear why a virtually identical approach triggered that decrease in one save and did not trigger it in the other save.

It is obvious that there will be some changes in the next two weeks. The game isn't balanced enough ... yet.

Edited by GreenTriangle

It has been like this for some years now. The beta is way too easy, even for a tactical moron like me. The full release is usually perfect. Then it gets harder and harder with every update until it's completley impossibe for me to play. And at that point there will still be some guys here complaining about the game being way too easy. :D

I'm winning most games by being able to excel in all areas of the game thanks to my experience in the previous games. But I lost the national cup final which would have granted me a spot in Europa. So I dont think it's too easy. Got a key centerback injured befored the final and had to play a new guy which had no team cohesion. He scored an own goal after 12 mins from that lol. Not more than fair to me, he wasnt ready.

The point is, if you are experienced and know how to excel in all areas of the game, you should outperform alot. Most people dont.

Edited by Dreambuilder

Well, this is what the beta is for isn't it? To test the game and give feedback. You can always argue that you should win the league with top teams, but clearly this example tells the story of a game too heavily balanced on the easy side. Hopefully the moderators will take this into consideration, giving the users a more balanced game at release. 

15 hours ago, SergeiG said:

Sorry for the late reply. Here is my super tactics:

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.6c6bfefb1551b52ff7eecb8228ad00dd.png

6 Outfield players on attack duty, no defensive role in a 2 man midfield which would also see your ball winning midfielder leave his position to close down SHOULD see you getting spanked by any decent team. 4 attacking players congesting the centre of the pitch should also be less than optimal although clearly AI teams cannot handle central overloads.

It extremely lame that we are here after 20 iterations of the game. Fingers crossed there is more challenge after full release, it is only the beta.

7 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I feel like England is just overrated as a whole. Every FM, England outperform others in Europe whether it’s champions league or Euro Cup. 

The same England that reached the final of the Euro's and the Nations League last time. And the Semi-Finals of the World Cup?

The same England that has seen two all-England finals in the Champions league in the last four years? And 5/8 spots. Granted, English teams don't do as well in the UEFA Cup but it was still 3/8 and an All-English final.

The last four season have seen a big up-tick in English performances. If this was 2012-17 you'd have a point.

The way people talk on here, you’d almost start to believe that SI have some difficulty setting baked-in into the game somewhere. And that they can tweak that and toggle or increase it or decrease it as they please. Granted, I’ve not played FM since the debacle that was FM19 that put me off the game for good. 
But unless they have changed things significantly, there is no tweak to difficulty between betas and alphas and release versions. All of that is mere speculation, conspiracy or placebo. None of that exists. I’ve been a part of this forum for years and years even on my older account that was deleted eons ago. None of this difficulty tweak exists. No SI employee has admitted to it. It’s never been in any patch notes. It’s never been tweeted out. Nothing of the sort that they’ve said points to any difficulty setting. 
All people have speculated is that starting with a high rep makes things easier at first (although even that is debatable as the expectations are increased with higher rep selected at start). 
That’s why these kind of threads though they always seem to pop up at every launch of the game, never proves anything. 
It’s all just pointless…