FM 22- Tottenham- The Painful Rebuild.

Dustman2015

Tottenham Hotspur - Home | Facebook

"Oh When the Spurs, go marching in"

Recent History for Tottenham has allowed fans to sing that song with much joy.  The Pochettino years saw Spurs be one of the best teams in England year in year out. In true Spurs fashion though, they were often the bridesmaid never the bride when it came to winning trophies. 

On the heels of moving on from the Poch era, Tottenham brought in Mourinho who predictably imploded the team and morale of the fan base in his 18 months in charge. The team now faces a painful rebuild to get back to the heights of the Poch era, and hopefully beyond. 

Why Manage Spurs?

Tottenham represent a unique challenge in that they are a part of the big 6 (7 now with Newcastle $) but have a smaller budget (15 m, and 100k in wages) and stalwarts of the era bygone that will need to move on in order to compete.  To help you out with this they do have talented players (Kane, Son, Reguillon, Hojbjerg, Ndombele) along with some of the most promising wonderkids in the game ( Bryan Gil, Oliver Skipp, Alfie Devine, Dane Scarlett)

Squad

887995017_TottenhamHotspur_Players.thumb.png.012f1b79513cae83e10db0dcf6a294f7.png

Will you take the challenge? Will you take bridesmaids of England down the aisle to some trophies and beyond? Who will you sell? Who will you keep? Who will you buy?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suggested Sells (on the beta):

Eric Dier- 32m  to Newcastle

Lo Celso- 19.25M to AJAX (I think you can get just as good creative midfielders on lower wages)

Optional Sells:

Reguillon- 35m to Newc

Winks- 21m to Newc

Bergwijn- 23.5 to Leicester

Suggested Targets:

Niklas Sule DC Bayern (Very very good CB for 1/3 what you sell Dier)

Vagnoman DR Hamburger (Good young RB to replace aging Doherty)

Dani Ceballos MC Real Madrid (Creative Midfielder to replace Gio on cheaper wages)

Will always be my main save, but I'm hit buy an issue with my Beta not opening ATM.

Good that Dier can go, always one I look to move on, Sanchez normally as well, mainly due to personality (also why Sessegnon goes). Doherty might be able to go

I'm hoping for an upgrade for Skipp (He was spoken of very highly whist on loan), and maybe some of the U23's that have been in pre-season, and current form (although part of that may be a January update) etc. Romero after being Top defender last year...

Is Winks not required for European Squad rules this version? (Dier and Davies always Scew that).

The rebuild is a intersting project, Top 6 and\or back into better European comp will be a good achievment this year.

Looking forward to this as the club have already sold most of who I normally move on anyway.

Can't sign Ceballos...... he was at the other lot (Personal policy of mine, once there I will not sign - Goes for coaches\staff as well)

Bastoni\Badiashile have been my go-to LCB Defenders, so will scout them if not look for alternatives based on them. Might check in on Edwards again, and Noni Madueke to help the home grown if they are any good.

Just a bit into a save with Spurs, but we definitely need a lot of work.  Doesn't help that a few players are a bit underrated (Tanganga is certainly a bit better than in game), but on the other hand some are overrated.  Has a Spurs researcher not watched Winks or Dele for a few years?

Dier isn't terrible, and looks like he could actually be a useful player as a wide CB, but if Newcastle really wants him then I won't stand in their way.

I'm looking to bring in Sule, such a great deal.  Also looking to pick up Matias Vecino from Inter for peanuts.  £2.5m + £1.5m if he gets 50 matches and £500k for 10 internationals.  Looks like good solid BWM depth for a few years until I can afford to bring in somebody better and younger.

Presently, Newcastle are showing interest in a bunch of my players.  Dier, Tanganga, Doherty, Reguilon, Lucas, Davies, Ndombele, Hackett, Markanday, Lavinier and Paskotsi.  Some of those are very tempting to get rid of.

944909249_Screenshot2021-10-26135332.thumb.png.557adab34bea989ca788e1a4b5779496.png

Through October we are in 3rd with a game in hand against Arsenal. Harry Kane has started amazingly and I was SOOO thankful that no one has put in a bid for him.  I've also been pleasantly surprised by Scarlett's ability. As you can see Newcastle (or Tottenham 2.0) and Brighton are playing surprisingly well.  I hadn't lost a game until I got Fm'd by Leeds United (Who are becoming a bogey team for me). 

In the transfer market we were active in selling and buying players mostly thanks to Newcastle's unceasing bids for my players.

141189686_Screenshot2021-10-26135542.thumb.png.f4f24b06a200e1932274bb5cb5788e66.png

We got great bids for Moura, Dier, and Davies that I felt like I couldn't reject. We replaced them by attempting to get younger and more Homegrown with Luke Thomas, Noni Madueke (who was trained by Tottenham academy), and Greenwood. We were offered several players for cheap that we couldn't say no to (Ceballos, Zagadou, Puig, Cantwell, Sule).  I didn't want to sell Reguillon but he wanted to go to Newcastle for $. 

I have found that I like the match engine except that it is hard to retain possession sometimes due to the bug,

Who did you guys buy? What are you playing? I mostly play a 433 with a dm.

Hi Guys,

Started a Spurs rebuild yesterday played 5 won 3 drew 1 Lost 1

As others have posted Newcastle have strong interest in a lot of our players

Doherty £15 mil, Winks £21 mil, went North

Reguillon £35 mil he wanted out went Geordies

Bergwiyn £23 mil to West Ham

Alli asks for a new contract is on fire

Gill played twice scored 3 needs more game time

No interest in Kane who is also on fire!!

Signings in i have done a few loans with options to buy 

Vladhovic £41.5 mil option 

Nico Williams £12.5 mil option

Vitina £25 mil Option

Lacroix who has had an upgrade from FM21 £10 mil Bargain partners Romero

Just signed Lodi from Atletico for £23 mil scored a hat trick on debut in a 9-1 win over Dundalk 

Decent start in this save so far

1 hour ago, Eastoe1 said:

Hi Guys,

Started a Spurs rebuild yesterday played 5 won 3 drew 1 Lost 1

As others have posted Newcastle have strong interest in a lot of our players

Doherty £15 mil, Winks £21 mil, went North

Reguillon £35 mil he wanted out went Geordies

Bergwiyn £23 mil to West Ham

Alli asks for a new contract is on fire

Gill played twice scored 3 needs more game time

No interest in Kane who is also on fire!!

Signings in i have done a few loans with options to buy 

Vladhovic £41.5 mil option 

Nico Williams £12.5 mil option

Vitina £25 mil Option

Lacroix who has had an upgrade from FM21 £10 mil Bargain partners Romero

Just signed Lodi from Atletico for £23 mil scored a hat trick on debut in a 9-1 win over Dundalk 

Decent start in this save so far

How is Lacroix? They wanted 60m in my save

On 27/10/2021 at 09:40, Eastoe1 said:

Highly Recommended mate, Lacroix Average rating of 7.1 after 5 games needed a partner for Romero has been good so far.

Early days but Nico Williams is also cutting it  will update when i can on this save

I lost my save (stupid user error). Starting over, really considering a bid for Lacroix. How is his potential? According to my scout he might not be better than Sanchez potential, which would be a bummer in my mind. 

I'm doing a very Nuno-Esq Save on mine, but doing better than Nuno....

4-2-3-1, very few TI's bar in defence (Which I stil need to get a hold of). CMD, BWM in the MC slots, Winks as a BBM for the Euro games has been supringly good.

Sales - Sanchez, Doherty. Bergwin, Dier. Could not get Lo Celso out (insulting bids blocked by the board were all that came in.

In - Badiahile - Was a Bargain again, under £10M. Needs to progess. But in my FM21 Save, he's still out-doing most others who have come in. Very good LCB.
Kesse - Was Transfer listed for refusing to sing a new deal. Jumped on it, as I needed a BMW player to allow me to devlop Skipp

Edwards - Is already outplaying Mouram, has a good number of Assists, and a goal already. £15M and we get 50% of that back + home grown.

Cantwel was listed, so a bargain AML\AMR to replace Bergiwn - Again, Homegrown.

Oscar (AMC from Sevilla) - AMC that has better passing\Tech\Vison than the others, Great Free Kicks as well. Needs a few attributes inmproving, but still a decent cheap option to start.

DLF-S\AF

IF-S\IW-A      AMC-A\S     IW-A

CMD       BWM-S

FB-S    CD-D   CD-D      FB-S

Kane as the DLF, Scarlet\Son as the AF.

Son as the IF, Cantwell as the IW-A

Shorter passing. Play out of Defence (Sometimes hiegher tempo)

Counter vs Top teams only

Higher Def\LOE, Offside and Press more.

The front 4 play is good, Kane gets in on goals and assists. Edwards is great - Assists the Left wing, and Kane nicely + Gets in on goals. A good variety of goals from them. Struggling to get Son perfoming...

Defending is my issue, no-where near good enough, but that's what makes it a bit like the real-life version. We are so much like spurs in Europe though, It's actually frightening. 2nd String are no-where near good enough. This version will be a very long save, and a 2/3 year rebuild at least.

GK is a big area to improve quickly, AMC as well, Depth ont he Wings\Full backs could be better.

Tanganga and Gollini are the suprise players ATM, Davies despite the lack of pace as well... Ndombele is not doing well, so will look to sell. Newcastle want half the squad lol!

We are third ATM just before november, OP Man UTD are storming the league ATM, We lost 1-0 vs them - Very unlucky, "50-50" game, but my 2 1 on 1's meant I had better chances, Dele\Son did not convert though

Some of the youth look quiet good as well, That's the main part I play, So I'll spend a good few seasons upgrading coaching, staff, etc. I do all the Training for all sqauds (I do need to rebuild an U23 plan though), and Indivdual Training as well.

I really need to work out how to improve the defending issues. I'll look into that tonight when I am back on.

6 hours ago, Dustman2015 said:

I lost my save (stupid user error). Starting over, really considering a bid for Lacroix. How is his potential? According to my scout he might not be better than Sanchez potential, which would be a bummer in my mind. 

2 hours ago, plcarlos said:

I'm doing a very Nuno-Esq Save on mine, but doing better than Nuno....

4-2-3-1, very few TI's bar in defence (Which I stil need to get a hold of). CMD, BWM in the MC slots, Winks as a BBM for the Euro games has been supringly good.

Sales - Sanchez, Doherty. Bergwin, Dier. Could not get Lo Celso out (insulting bids blocked by the board were all that came in.

In - Badiahile - Was a Bargain again, under £10M. Needs to progess. But in my FM21 Save, he's still out-doing most others who have come in. Very good LCB.
Kesse - Was Transfer listed for refusing to sing a new deal. Jumped on it, as I needed a BMW player to allow me to devlop Skipp

Edwards - Is already outplaying Mouram, has a good number of Assists, and a goal already. £15M and we get 50% of that back + home grown.

Cantwel was listed, so a bargain AML\AMR to replace Bergiwn - Again, Homegrown.

Oscar (AMC from Sevilla) - AMC that has better passing\Tech\Vison than the others, Great Free Kicks as well. Needs a few attributes inmproving, but still a decent cheap option to start.

DLF-S\AF

IF-S\IW-A      AMC-A\S     IW-A

CMD       BWM-S

FB-S    CD-D   CD-D      FB-S

Kane as the DLF, Scarlet\Son as the AF.

Son as the IF, Cantwell as the IW-A

Shorter passing. Play out of Defence (Sometimes hiegher tempo)

Counter vs Top teams only

Higher Def\LOE, Offside and Press more.

The front 4 play is good, Kane gets in on goals and assists. Edwards is great - Assists the Left wing, and Kane nicely + Gets in on goals. A good variety of goals from them. Struggling to get Son perfoming...

Defending is my issue, no-where near good enough, but that's what makes it a bit like the real-life version. We are so much like spurs in Europe though, It's actually frightening. 2nd String are no-where near good enough. This version will be a very long save, and a 2/3 year rebuild at least.

GK is a big area to improve quickly, AMC as well, Depth ont he Wings\Full backs could be better.

Tanganga and Gollini are the suprise players ATM, Davies despite the lack of pace as well... Ndombele is not doing well, so will look to sell. Newcastle want half the squad lol!

We are third ATM just before november, OP Man UTD are storming the league ATM, We lost 1-0 vs them - Very unlucky, "50-50" game, but my 2 1 on 1's meant I had better chances, Dele\Son did not convert though

Some of the youth look quiet good as well, That's the main part I play, So I'll spend a good few seasons upgrading coaching, staff, etc. I do all the Training for all sqauds (I do need to rebuild an U23 plan though), and Indivdual Training as well.

I really need to work out how to improve the defending issues. I'll look into that tonight when I am back on.

Good start mate i overlooked Edwards, Cantwell is on my shortlist possibly for January.

I am playing Lo Celso as Mez and he is good not suited as a wide player have promised him a new contract end of the season though Newcastle again are interested in him.

Keeper situation i need a wonderkid in the next summer window so got DIrector of Football to renew Lloris for 2 years.

Latest Progess and transfers attached

E0454B67-B914-4DD5-83BB-51D5908DAA38.jpeg

7 hours ago, Dustman2015 said:

Lacroix potential ability is 4 stars avg 7.31 after 12 games was a bargain for the price his transfer fee must be different in other saves though.

Better than Sanchez who wants a loan move in January 

I thought Houssem Aouar would be around £15 mil after seeing thst bounded about in my save is £45-60 mil

3 hours ago, Eastoe1 said:

Lacroix potential ability is 4 stars avg 7.31 after 12 games was a bargain for the price his transfer fee must be different in other saves though.

Better than Sanchez who wants a loan move in January 

I thought Houssem Aouar would be around £15 mil after seeing thst bounded about in my save is £45-60 mil

I took the plunge and bought him. Trying to decide who I will buy to partner with/long term replace Kane. I plan on playing a 442 in games we are favored, and a 523 in games we aren’t.

So this is what I'm now running:

image.png.a5aac02b4c82d7f5306867f0bfe3aa17.png

As you will see, I like building my own tactic, sometimes absed on the rela-life, and trying to fix it.

This is a rotated side due to fitness. Kessie would be in as BWM, Winks has been suprisingly good in the BBM role. The stamina\fitness is going to play a large part in this years version I think. Tired players miss placing passes,

Son is a bit underwhelming so far, not so much down to the role per say, but watching what's happening with him in game, and it's not quite there.

We need to Finish better, The stats are correct, but I'd say we should have scored a fair few more - That was based on watching the match - Chance conversion has been added before the next match:

image.png.f9c23405cfd6494b4d58a931414225f3.png

FYI - Full stregth West Ham, but as per my comment on fitness, My team are mid health\orange post match, West Ham are mostly red.

Edwards is on FIRE!:

image.png.b3676e22a4d0a61bbae83674d4b96ef7.png

Even that's a bit of an understatement. If Son had Finished, Edwards would have got at least 2 assists. It's also good to see a player get MOM, without Assisting or Scoring.

Squad-Wise:

Need a better AM, and more creative CM's as options. Ndombele, and Lo Celso are on High Wages, and can both go, Neither are doing much for me as yet. Altohugh seeing how winks is perfoming might change my mind if they play better.

Gollini is out performing Hugo, so I'll be searching for a Keeper. Might even do the buy for next season transfer to enhance chances of nabbing one.

Getting nothing from corners ATM, But that could be down to takers, and Players (FM 21 I had Foden and at least 3 players with dream stats - 17+ for Heading, Jumping reach, Strength etc). I'll play with that a bit, I don't like using plug and play, and like the challenge of building a tactic.

Tactically:

I need to get fewer crosses, but need some more support options for that, Maybe the AM-S could be set to Roam to help out with that? Cross less often will be needed on a few players, again I'd need some more support options for them...

Need to work on defending crosses a bit better - oposition wingers are in way too much space. Need ot be careful with telling full backs to stay tight, as it could open the channel for cut-backs

33 minutes ago, Eastoe1 said:

How much to pay for Edwards mate?

In my save Harvey White has been promoted into the first team squad and played twice helps the home grown quota

Now slipped to third after 19 games

image.png.aef3dfb91b1ec123171be388e61ef42e.png

£15m, BUT we have a 50% Sell on Clause, so we get £7.5M from the sale.

Here's how he's done so far:

image.thumb.png.0f755abdf007974e4bf469ab348c8087.png

To Clarify, I like to build mt own Tactis, and make plans for players and the team:

The job of Edwards is to Feed\Link up with Kane, he can also feed in Son (IW diagonal pass to an open IF), so he's doing 100% of what I was aiming for.

Needs Mentoring, and some training, but he was excellent for me in FM21, and although lower than what I have in that save, he's still worth the outlay so far.

Edited by plcarlos

Thanks i am approaching the January window have to sell before i can buy 

Edwards looks good cant belive Kessie only cost that much either!!

Fair play using your own tactic inam a fan of Knap using his 451 i went unbeaten for 14 games form is so so at the moment 

11 minutes ago, Eastoe1 said:

Thanks i am approaching the January window have to sell before i can buy 

Edwards looks good cant belive Kessie only cost that much either!!

Fair play using your own tactic inam a fan of Knap using his 451 i went unbeaten for 14 games form is so so at the moment 

I'll be the same in Jan - need to shift a few players in order to get others in.

I got alerted that Kessie was Listed for refusing to sign a new deal, so It's worth tracking players who are similar in that way. First window is a challenege as teams have spent already, so if smart a few clever sinings can be snapped up.

Always prefered my own Tactic, to me it alows me to see what's going wrong and work out how to fix it. I have a bit of a plan and it's good to see a lot of it working. Enjoying this save so far.

Lower European league is perfect for testing as well.

2nd if I win next game, 10\11 games in. Lost 1 vs Man Utd that was very unlucky, 50-50 according to the stats, but Dele had 2 one on one's.

Tbf i forgot about Kessie good business for you getting him in for that!

Am 3rd got Chelsea at home shortly

Carabo Cup semi home to Leeds

Am raiding FC Porto player out of contract in the summer i was alerted to 

Jesus Corona approach to sign always good in previous versions of FM

Arranged a loan to end of the season with £6 mil  option to buy for a wonderkid winger at Porto Francisco  Conceicao 

Sule is still available now Transfer listed at £9.75 mil very tempted but will wait and see who goes out sure Newcastle will come in for maybe one or two

Just bought Edwards for 15.5m after reading this. Think I’m going to go all in on Mason Greenwood. United will accept 30+30 in my save. He’s likely the next best England Striker. 

Newcastle just bought Moura for 35m. Trying to feel out if I need another creative midfielder given that I haven’t been able to sell Lo Celso or Ndombele.

Also found Zagadou listed at 7.5m; feels like a great Left footed CB for my back three. 

Transfer update in my save

Both gone Newcastle Hojbjerg £37 mil and Dier £30.5 mil

Sanchez has gone Newcastle on loan till end of season

Incomings

Unai Vencedor £27.5 mil release clause Atletico Bilbao and Approach to sign

Niklas Sule free joins from Bayern in the Summer

Hannibal on loan from Man Utd Optional future fee £20 mil

This is insane:

image.thumb.png.af95d978c424507db67d29047184e195.png

I set this up to get my Team defending + the front 4 Goals\Assists.. Trying to work out my gamer Youtube to upload some

As I mentioned I like to set my Tacticts up - Setting players up for the result = 1 - Rodon = Near post Header. 2 - Kane was a Run from the AMC to the byline, Cut-back for Kane running from Deep. Edwards was a screamer after some Luck, BUT Kane dropped deep to get the ball, played it out wide to Edwards, misplaced pass, minor defensive mistake, Edwards collects the ball, cuts inside + smashed in from outside the box.

I did NOT expect to be that dominant vs Man City.

Edited by plcarlos

12 minutes ago, plcarlos said:

This is insane:

image.thumb.png.af95d978c424507db67d29047184e195.png

I set this up to get my Team defending + the front 4 Goals\Assists.. Trying to work out my gamer Youtube to upload some

As I mentioned I like to set my Tacticts up - Setting players up for the result = 1 - Rodon = Near post Header. 2 - Kane was a Run from the AMC to the byline, Cut-back for Kane running from Deep. Edwards was a screamer after some Luck, BUT Kane dropped deep to get the ball, played it out wide to Edwards, misplaced pass, minor defensive mistake, Edwards collects the ball, cuts inside + smashed in from outside the box.

I did NOT expect to be that dominant vs Man City.

What a result!!!! That’s awesome

5 hours ago, Dustman2015 said:

As a Spurs fan in real life, I’m ecstatic to watch Conte manage this squad. I genuinely can’t wait to tinker with a back three and WB system like he will run. 

Us getting a Manager appointed in the same week and the first name?!! Doesn't sound right. Nice change from the shambles of the summer if it happens, but as with all Spurs news, I'll hold off until the Club announcment.

Very excited to get started with my Spurs save, especially with Conte joining now. Really looking forward to playing around with 3 ATB systems, hopefully we see a shifting 5-3-2 and 3-4-2-1, think we have the players to suit the system but looking forward to some fun scouting :D

Gonna putz around in my beta save with Gladbach until the full release, will stat my Spurs save on release day. Did see in my beta save that Nuno started with a 5-2-3 but shifted to a 4-2-3-1 around mid-season, Spurs finished 6th. 

As an Inter fan, but in love with the Premier League, Conte's announcement to the spurs makes a Tottenham save obvious.

I only have a doubt about the budget which seems to be low compared to the real potential (we are talking about 180M available to Conte). So I ask those who have already done a few seasons, how is the budget in subsequent years? Are Tottenham's debts and stadium receipts faithfully recreated?

Thank you

2nd in Feb still, despite a few poor draws and a shocking defeat vs Villa (Throw bottle, Critisize everyone was duly done) - Jan window was hard as no Money was there to get players out. Manage to get Lo Celso + Moura out and Bring in Zagadou, + Costa (Young GK from Porto). Net spend is £1.9M - I think I'm the boards dream manager in that way.

My worst games are at the end of the season, so I may well sow up Champions-League Football before then, Hopefully. I then end with Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal. As good as I'm doing, Top 3 is very hard, and I just need to work out how to finish a few lower teams off better.

Ndombele has barley played, but is finally surviving games now (was injured in my save, so only 7 games played so far for him). He's playing as the right-sided CM, as a simple CM-S with Dribble more PI, to replicate more what he sometimes does for us.

Just to note, player critisism looks to have had an overhaul as well, to the point where we need to be specific and correct (Don't warn a 6.5 Defender who made 7/8 tackles that his tackling was bad for example), I always critizize for a low rating - 6.5 down, but some at this rating I've not been able to do. That's where I have to go to the player - Form, and look at the game data\stats, and then critisize.

On 02/11/2021 at 16:03, Ivan787 said:

As an Inter fan, but in love with the Premier League, Conte's announcement to the spurs makes a Tottenham save obvious.

I only have a doubt about the budget which seems to be low compared to the real potential (we are talking about 180M available to Conte). So I ask those who have already done a few seasons, how is the budget in subsequent years? Are Tottenham's debts and stadium receipts faithfully recreated?

Thank you

I would say the debts and revenue is accurate...as well as up until now Joe Lewis' unwillingness to go all in on the budget. If you make Champions league you will never have budget issues, especially with Newcastle willing to pay for your players,

12 hours ago, plcarlos said:

2nd in Feb still, despite a few poor draws and a shocking defeat vs Villa (Throw bottle, Critisize everyone was duly done) - Jan window was hard as no Money was there to get players out. Manage to get Lo Celso + Moura out and Bring in Zagadou, + Costa (Young GK from Porto). Net spend is £1.9M - I think I'm the boards dream manager in that way.

My worst games are at the end of the season, so I may well sow up Champions-League Football before then, Hopefully. I then end with Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal. As good as I'm doing, Top 3 is very hard, and I just need to work out how to finish a few lower teams off better.

Ndombele has barley played, but is finally surviving games now (was injured in my save, so only 7 games played so far for him). He's playing as the right-sided CM, as a simple CM-S with Dribble more PI, to replicate more what he sometimes does for us.

Just to note, player critisism looks to have had an overhaul as well, to the point where we need to be specific and correct (Don't warn a 6.5 Defender who made 7/8 tackles that his tackling was bad for example), I always critizize for a low rating - 6.5 down, but some at this rating I've not been able to do. That's where I have to go to the player - Form, and look at the game data\stats, and then critisize.

I have noticed Tanguy has taken a hit too; he only plays well as a Mezzela for me but is useless in defense in that role which exposes us a bit. 

Really interested in what you are observing in criticism. I mostly use it for training so I haven't noticed that so far. 

Season Update: 

After two restarts due to steam cloud issues I have made it through October. 

Transfers:

Out

Dier to Newc.- 32m

Lucas to Newc- 35m

Davies to Newc- 21m

Winks to Newc- 25m

Reguillon to Newc- 28.5m

They seriously wouldn't stop bidding for our players.... thought I was done selling until some complaints and late bids came in for

Bergwijn to Leicester- 11m

Sanchez to Villareal- 13.5m

In

CB Dan-Axel Zagadou from Dortmund- 6.5m

CB Josko Gvardiol from Leipzig- 37.5m

RW Noni Madueke from PSV - 32.5m 

ST Mason Greenwood from Man U- 65m

LB Miguel Gutierrez from Real Madrid- 22.5m (hadn't heard of him but my scouts gave him a+ with 5 star potential)

CM R. Puig from Barca for 2.5m 

Last but not least the board offered to bring in Ansu Fati for me to empty our budget and I said YES!!!! they bought him for 56m. 

We have started well with if we win our games in hand we will be in 2nd, 2 pts off of Liverpool.  We just beat Chelsea 2-0 at home and held them to a .08 xg.... it felt good.  Have mostly tinkered with a 5212, 523, and 442 in honor of Conte's hiring. 

Kane has been immense as as Deep Lying Forward both in scoring and creation. Still struggling to get the best of Dele though I LONG to. Emerson, and Hojberg would be closely tied for 2nd in players of the season. Pleased with Skipp, Sess and Taganga's form even if I don't love their ratings as much. 

\711614990_Screenshot2021-11-04234320.thumb.png.cf34525c052445f2aa40555410d72b50.png

6 hours ago, Dustman2015 said:

I have noticed Tanguy has taken a hit too; he only plays well as a Mezzela for me but is useless in defense in that role which exposes us a bit. 

Really interested in what you are observing in criticism. I mostly use it for training so I haven't noticed that so far. 

So, Here's Romero. Who in a 1-0 win vs Man UTD, still got a 6.2 rating. He's also on loan, so I can't warn him like the rest:

image.thumb.png.814fe683bee0e107aaa7eee2bc852a72.png

So I've then gone to Discuss, Warn player, and Critisize last game. It's key to look at the stats here though, as warning for the wrong thing will cause an issue.

As you can see against Man UTD, 0/2 tackles, and 3/8 headers. I critisized overall defendeing on this occasion.

What I've not seen is the Determination\work rate increases that you sometimes get in standard warning, But I'm thinking that could mainly be down to personalities, as we're not the best there and a mentoring\improving the squad overall in that respect is needed + why this Thread has the perfect name - It will be a painful rebuild....

Ironically Dele is also an issue for me, he's just not scoring (Bar 1), It's so annoying, he should have had at least 4/5 goals - That's based on clear cut chances\one-on-ones.

Ndombele has played a bit better for me as a CM-S with Dribble more to utlize his Dribbling. Trying to take knocks ball off him, to help that, and I'd have him "Runs with ball through centre" Although that will mean I'll need likely a 4123 or an IWB to cover for that.

Keeper situation is coming up soon. Lloris I'll let go, just need to decide who I go with for the #1. I might wait for Champions league Qualification for that though, I'll get more options then.

Season 2 will need: GK - New #1, Improvements in MC over Winks. Quicker LB for Ben Davies as teams are blasting past him. AMC to be upgraded. Oscar (Sevilla) doing a job, but bad personality (Complains on training), and Dele underfiring. Wingers - Cantwell is decent, but I think that's about it.

Oh, BTW - Main save if the Data is edited correctly for full game, Golini won't be home-grown, so might need to keep hold of Winks etc to hit the quota

On 05/11/2021 at 06:29, plcarlos said:

So, Here's Romero. Who in a 1-0 win vs Man UTD, still got a 6.2 rating. He's also on loan, so I can't warn him like the rest:

image.thumb.png.814fe683bee0e107aaa7eee2bc852a72.png

So I've then gone to Discuss, Warn player, and Critisize last game. It's key to look at the stats here though, as warning for the wrong thing will cause an issue.

As you can see against Man UTD, 0/2 tackles, and 3/8 headers. I critisized overall defendeing on this occasion.

What I've not seen is the Determination\work rate increases that you sometimes get in standard warning, But I'm thinking that could mainly be down to personalities, as we're not the best there and a mentoring\improving the squad overall in that respect is needed + why this Thread has the perfect name - It will be a painful rebuild....

Ironically Dele is also an issue for me, he's just not scoring (Bar 1), It's so annoying, he should have had at least 4/5 goals - That's based on clear cut chances\one-on-ones.

Ndombele has played a bit better for me as a CM-S with Dribble more to utlize his Dribbling. Trying to take knocks ball off him, to help that, and I'd have him "Runs with ball through centre" Although that will mean I'll need likely a 4123 or an IWB to cover for that.

Keeper situation is coming up soon. Lloris I'll let go, just need to decide who I go with for the #1. I might wait for Champions league Qualification for that though, I'll get more options then.

Season 2 will need: GK - New #1, Improvements in MC over Winks. Quicker LB for Ben Davies as teams are blasting past him. AMC to be upgraded. Oscar (Sevilla) doing a job, but bad personality (Complains on training), and Dele underfiring. Wingers - Cantwell is decent, but I think that's about it.

Oh, BTW - Main save if the Data is edited correctly for full game, Golini won't be home-grown, so might need to keep hold of Winks etc to hit the quota

Who are you targeting for GK? Thinking I might try to buy in January.

Mid December I’m second, but honestly not playing good soccer. Trying to do anything but gegenpress, and am finding it hard to get good soccer even though we’ve gotten good results ( Thank you Corners).

how are you guys setting up? Mentality? TI’s?

24 minutes ago, Dustman2015 said:

Who are you targeting for GK? Thinking I might try to buy in January.

Uğurcan Çakır Has always been good and a Cheap option until the inevitable Wonderkid is found\trained.

The other option would be André Onana.

The down-side, is you'll likely get neither Mid-Season, They'll be next years targets - Unless rep increase from Champions league gets me more targets.

image.thumb.png.2100e0cc3cca0be78f520f9bc919d409.png

This was who is got in the short-term. In my Main save, I'll likely look a LOT earlier. I was very heavily Limited by No Funds, and late bids to move players on before I could buy.

He got bumped to 1st Team after the 3-3 (Gollini was at Fault for 2 of the Goals, Got Hauled off with a 6.1 rating)

Edited by plcarlos

13 minutes ago, Dustman2015 said:

Mid December I’m second, but honestly not playing good soccer. Trying to do anything but gegenpress, and am finding it hard to get good soccer even though we’ve gotten good results ( Thank you Corners).

how are you guys setting up? Mentality? TI’s?

image.thumb.png.24e6c33804a193991b7fdf77b9f0ff9c.pngThis is my Mixed setup - Winks is in atm due to crazy scheduling. I'll swap Tanganga and Regulion around (Royal plays WB, Davies playes FB and the MC's swap positsions.

Changes were Failry Narrow + counter Press, Pressing down 1 notch: This was all down to winning the ball far too deep. This was a Rant of changes, based on the 3-3 draw-  4-0, a MUCH better 2-0, and a further 2-0 win have followed.

After posting that Dele\Ndombele played badly, they actually played well... Dele scored 3 in 2 games + 1 assist, Ndombele's rating you can see.

Pressure is on: image.thumb.png.76b22f594b057b6e60ec96d4c2349c64.png

image.thumb.png.1b388a7c3f5dd7986907b5a45c991483.png

Nice easy run-in....

Three attempts so far and each time I've been sacked before Christmas. I just don't get Spurs on FM. My other recent saves, Inter and Newcastle, I've had massive success on both and quit because it was too easy - but Spurs? I can't even reach the halfway point of the season no matter what I try.

47 minutes ago, Sophos said:

Three attempts so far and each time I've been sacked before Christmas. I just don't get Spurs on FM. My other recent saves, Inter and Newcastle, I've had massive success on both and quit because it was too easy - but Spurs? I can't even reach the halfway point of the season no matter what I try.

What Tactics are you trying? Who did you Sell\Sign? It's a challenge this season, Despit my results, there is some luck in there + a tried and trusted Tactic that work in FM21 with simple instructions. Uderstanding how it all goes together makes it easier to unpick if\when it goes wrong

8 hours ago, Sophos said:

One of the things I’ve heard is that team cohesion matters more in this game. I found I played ugly soccer that still won me games.  This got prettier as the season wore on. Also in the beta, feel free to exploit corners to near post with CB. It gets exploited against you by CPU. 

who did you sign/sell?

5 hours ago, plcarlos said:

A shout out to those who recommended Zagadou:

Goals.JPG

Heading....JPG

He also nearly scored a 3rd in this match whilst clearing out half the opposition....

I LOVE Zagadou in this game. He will be a must buy for me in every save. 

how is the run-in coming?

4 hours ago, Dustman2015 said:

I LOVE Zagadou in this game. He will be a must buy for me in every save. 

how is the run-in coming?

Stupidly Well:

image.png.f1ab2c3dc90c06ba5ffd22db057cf930.png

West Ham are Helping me...

image.png.b894320f821041d6f824314aeb2e004d.png

Liverpool was "unlucky" Defender was robbed for their goal, Bar that if was average chances.

Man City was a poor game in terms of control, but we were clinical.

The Derby was a good game actually. We defended quite well in we shut down a lot of thier attacks very quickly. That was a Game without Kessie\Ndombele, Rondon (Playing better than Romero ATM), Regullion, Dele..... Edwards socred a Tap in after Their keeper parried a Cantwell Shot.

One thing I'm doing this save is Attributes are calling some of the team - Rondon was kept over Sanchez for his Mentals. Tanganaga gets the Full-back slots in Big games because of it. Oscar in the Derby as well. It's also a reason that I'm considering letting Hjobjerg go and replacing him with maybe Bissouma.

My Scouts are out looking at Next seasons Targets, and the shortlist has been narrowed down... Although - I do hate Pre-Season (I konw that If i miss it, It'll cost me)

Edited by plcarlos