FM22 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

great season @jmarchandI like that centre back. Nice work with the system too and it's obviously got the best out the players you have.

@Lower Leagues Rulesolid enough season thus far, not many points off the teams above you, just need a run! I like the look of Chendri cutting in off the left, good physicals and i can imagine him being hard to stop.

I've yet to get out of pre-season in my first season in Germany, been still playing my fm21 save which im going to stop after current season I'm in, and also just really busy with family/work etc so barely had a chance. But playing just now and hoping to get a few league fixtures in before the weekend is out!

I have a course at work just now im doing and tons of work due for it until mid January so i dont see many seasons getting done before then!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chojniczanka Chojice 23/24

A couple nice loans and good signings turned this team completely around from a mid table outfit to champions!

image.png.305a0b67eda7aa3e88d4ca09a847ce14.png

image.png.4baa11ca40af033ddbb142708fdaf36c.png

Moving from a 442 > 4231 used my available players in a much better way as well, very happy how that turned out.  It will be interesting to see how they do in the next season, I don't have much financial room to improve the team, so hopefully this squad is good enough to survive.  I can make a couple moves but it will be difficult.

Finances are horrible! Over a 800k in the red!  I hope promotion will help with that.  But now begins the long road of turning this club into a powerhouse.  I need to turn the financial situation around or I will never get the board to agree to improve the club at all.  No stadium expansion as well until this gets fixed. 

image.thumb.png.2893d1e2f5f6f2392409d5d6133b9faa.png

image.png.ec8c377eee5245b84eaaa745b9e0f46b.png

Just a quick update here, with 9 games to go we have made it up into what is a 4 way battle for 3 spots in the playoffs. You can see how close we are, and how far clear the top players are. I have also started trying to sign some players for 2023/24, but appears to not account for the players who are currently leaving when calculating my 2023 wages, thinks I am over budget already.
image.png.e8e1b45b88c88f232cdf51f4ce5edfc6.png

It is time for my annual IJsselmeervogels attempt.

Club Introduction

VV IJsselmeervogels

IJsselmeervogels - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

7uIBVf7.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic             Fairly basic          Fairly basic     Basic              Regional   (2.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     TOTO KNVB Beker                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brora Rangers

Brora_Rangers_Logo.png.0efe5389941c4d6cfa128ff701df63be.png.f7c11cd98e4a6e8af7636da2a3db8598.png

Season 1 | 2022-23 

Preview

Media expectations put us to come 2nd which had me fearing for my job. I was hoping for a top half finish, but with extremely low tactical familiarity, my coaching stats being near enough zero & a key player being a coach with low stats, I wasn't expecting this to change quickly.

The squad - 1 | 2 | 3| 4

We started with our 2 best players being 4* strikers so I wanted to play 2 up top - I went for gengenpress 4-4-2 diamond. We had a few other ok players but I knew it needed a lot of strengthening. 1 of the strikers was pretty inconsistent, but the other, Andrew Macrae, finished as top scorer on 23 goals. Notable signings include Jadel Musanhu, a £5k signing from Stenny with a lot of potential & Charlie Birch originally signed as a back up left back who went on to be player of the year.

I built quite a big squad but we had hardly any injuries at all which I found strange?

Cups

To add to my fears, we lost all 4 Premier Sports Cup games at the start of the season, including an 8-4 loss at home to non-league Brechin (where they also had 3 goals disallowed). I was using these to build up pre-season fitness, but still didn't expect it to go so badly. Other cup competitions we didn't do much better, with a loss in the 1st round of the SPFL Trust Trophy to Raith & only 1 win in the Scottish Cup before getting knocked out by Queen of the South in the 3rd round

League

To my suprise, we had a great start, winning 6 of the 1st 7 games, and sitting comfortably top I thought this season was going to be easy. We then went on a run of 5 points in 7 games, sliding down the table & I was fearing my early expectations were right - however, we recovered quickly & surpassed media expectations, winning the league by 7 points

Financeswe would have been in trouble, if it wasn't for a £160k cash injection by the board

Transfers - 1 | 2

My profile

Club profile

Fixtures - 1 | 23 

Facilities - no changes

Next Season

Further improvements in the squad will be needed to avoid a relegation battle which will be my main aim. On my previous save on FM 20 it took me 2 years to get promoted which will be my aim again

On another note - can anyone recommend the best way to add a table to the bottom of these posts as a summary? Thanks!

@DazRTaylor Best of luck in the Netherlands, from your post it sounds like you have done this before, how far have you got with the club before?

@John Sharp Very noce first season, promotion is huge for you. Love Charlie Birch, some awesome stats. For a table there are a couple of solutions:

1. Use the <> button in the editor to add code:

| Season  | Finish |
|---------|--------|
| 2022/23 |   1st  |
|---------|--------|

Can edit in something like Notepad before you post

2. Use Google Sheets or Excel and then paste it in (Just highlight the table copy and paste)

Club de Fútbol Platges de Calvià
Year Division Pos Taça de Portugal Europe Achievements
2022/23 Segunda División RFEF        

The biggest issue with this one is that it decides which columns to make smaller and you can't change them

3. Paste an image of your table from your spreadsheet

image.png.f56add6b2a3c504c6755d1dcf9b9ffde.png

Edited by Lower Leagues Rule

Just now, Lower Leagues Rule said:

@DazRTaylor Best of luck in the Netherlands, from your post it sounds like you have done this before, how far have you got with the club before?

Thank you.  I have completed the challenge in other countries previously but never in The Netherlands.  I always try IJsselmeervogels (simply because the name is awesome) and have won the Dutch title but never the Champions League.  Last year, my best was a fourth place finish with them.

image.png.c6f7b8113793f98d261273551884aebb.png

2026/27

Squad | Transfers

I started with my strongest squad yet  but was really disappointed with how the 1st stage went as the team were completely outclassed by the top 2 teams and were out of promotion with 4 games to go. In the relegation stage the team dominated games with possession and chances but could not seem to put the games away, as a result safety was only secured in the last game.

In the cup the team beat 2 non league teams in the first 2 rounds before winning 2-1 at home to 3rd div Pinhalnovense. In the 4th rd the team were at home to prem Gil Vicente and lost 0-1 which wasn't that close.

Finances remain steady although costs and wages are beginning to creep up.

I have the best 2 strikers at this i think in Musel and Fale who were both good without hitting the numbers i might hope for. I didn't score a single goal from a free kick this season and only 2 from corners, fale did score plenty of penalties.

I had an average youth intake this year with Pina now 5 stars and having made an appearance in the last game of the season, a transfer bid was made for him from TND who are in the top division.

Season

League

Position

Portuguese Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2023/24

Championship

7th in Group A, 4th in relegation group E

2nd Rd

N/A

Bilimbota (10)

Nunes (6)

Adequate

Poor

Basic

Basic

2024/25

Championship

7th in Group A, 4th in relegation group E

2nd Rd

N/A

Musel (12)

Bruno Viera (4)

Below Average

Poor

Basic

Basic

2025/26

Championship

4th in Group A, 4th in relegation group E

3rd Rd

N/A

Musel (19)

Ruben Alves (5)

Below Average

Poor

Basic

Basic

2026/27

Championship

5th in Group A, 2nd in relegation group E

4th Rd

N/A

Musel (15)

Musel (7)

Below Average

Poor

Basic

Basic

Edited by Thebaker

Chojniczanka Chojice 24/25 Mid Season Break Update:

I don't know how I'm doing it.  1000/1 to start the season.  I did make some improvements to the team, signed some players that fit the 4231 well.

I guess near post corners are really overpowered and crosses also so have good wide players is causing this team to really punch above it's weight.  (we honestly don't score that much from open play)

Finances are really bad still, 1.4 mil in the red (USA dollars) but if we can keep this form up, we will get 1.3 million just for our place in the league, not to mention who knows the Euro Cup II???

image.png.4bda9560438b8811edd9d8dad5f75dd4.png

LLR's Mallorquín Adventure

image.png.825edcd3b911cc18a54304e569a6884a.png
End of Season Update
Segunda División RFEF 3 2022/23

Overview
Predicted: 15th
Actual: 4th - Lost Playoff vs Valladolid B
Copa del Rey: First Round vs Vallecano
The Manager: Jono Capewell - History
Finances: (€402k) [55th Esp]
Season Tickets: 259 (^137)
The Squad: First XI, Reserves, Under 19s
Transfers: 2022/23

Competitions Update
Segunda División RFEF 3
Table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Playoff

We started off with an 8 game unbeaten streak, BUT it did include 5 draws, the next section of the season was up and down and we ended up the mid season break sitting just above the relegation spots. Seeing that we were having issues scoring goals, I decided to move away from the Fluid Counter attack that we were using and create an attacking Tika Taka, which seemed to work, along with the addition of Marcos at right wing (He scored 2 goals in his first 12 minutes). In March we managed to win 4 straight games which is what finally pushed us into comfortable playoff position, the addition of a much better goalie helped as well. 
Playoff Semi Final
Club de Fútbol Platges de Calvià 0-1 Real Valladolid CF B
This game was a tough battle throughout, we pushed, and looked good for a lot of the game, but we conceded in the 81st minute which was all it took for them to go through, and us to drop out. So that was the end of our Playoffs and season.

Copa del Rey

First Round
Club de Fútbol Platges de Calvià 0-2 Rayo Vallecano
Drawn in the first round against Rayo Vallecano who are in La Liga 2 was always going to make it tough to progress. I actually thought we did pretty well given their class above us. In the first half we held them goal less and I encouraged the team to try and push on, I think in the end that was a mistake as they broke the deadlock just four minutes later and in the end ran out two nil winners.

Club History

Club de Fútbol Platges de Calvià
Year Division Pos Copa del Rey Europe Season Ticket Achievements
2022/23 Segunda Div RFEF 3 4th 1st Round N/A 259 (^137) Promotion Playoffs

Around the Traps

Around the Traps
Location Competion Winner (Pts) [Nation]
Spain La Liga Real Madrid (78)
  La Liga 2 CD Leganés (84)
  Primera División RFEF Real Madrid B (88), Ibiza (89)
  Segunda División RFEF At. Madrid B (79), Gernika (70), Olot (72),
Cadiz B (70), Socuéllamos (71)
  Supercopa de España Barcelona
  Copa del Rey Real Madrid
  Copa Federación de España Gernika
Europe UEFA Champions League Manchester City [Eng]
  UEFA Europa League Chelsea [Eng]
  UEFA Europa Conference FC Krasnador [Rus]
  UEFA Super Cup Manchester United [Eng]
World FIFA Club World Cup Manchester United [Eng]
International FIFA World Cup Italy

Players Update
First Team | Under 19s | Statistics | Shirt Sales

Transfers

Transfers In (Since Mid Season break)
Date Player Pos From Fee
22.01.23 Gonzalo Ardura GK Free €0
16.03.23 José Ruiz DC Free €0
01.04.23 Eloy Ordóñez D/AMR Free €0

I added three players after the end of the break, two of them made a big difference, while Ruiz never made it into the league squad. Ardura ended up as our starting goalie, while Ordóñez has been playing as a right back after our loan signing got recalled for being played as a Wing back, next season he is lined up to be our starting right winger.

First Team

Goalkeepers
Gonzalo Ardura (GK, Esp, 21) [Gms 16, Cnc 11, CS 9, PoM 1, AR 7.27] - Ardura joined us after the break, but replaced the long term injury to Puerto that occured just before the end of the registration window. He went on to be our best goalie by a mile, with 9 clean sheets in just 16 games as we went on an incredible run. He will be our starter for the new season as well.
Doran Gilis (GK, Bel, 24) [Gms 20, Cnc 21, CS 7, PoM 0, AR 6.90] - Gilis was our starting keeper for the start of the season, he was very solid, but he easily lost the role when a much better player turned up. He is definitely a maybe going forward, I would like him as our back-up, he is contracted, but I have a feeling he might decide to leave.
The Others - Imanol (Esp, 35) was the starter when I turned up, but not really good enough. Ailton Garcia (CVRD, 23) was always the number 3 and was always going to only be used for an injury. Eric Puerto (Esp, 20) was signed to be the back-up in the second half but he got injured, so instead of Ardura waiting til '23 to be the starter, he took Puerto's spot.

Fullbacks
Marc Juárez (DL, Esp, 27) [Gms 26(3), Gls 2, Ast 1, PoM 4, Yel 7, AR 7.07] - The coaching team wanted Jaume to start, but Juárez was always my favourite, and he continued to show it on the field, with 4 PoM awards.
Miquel Jaume (DL, Esp, 29) [Gms 12(14), Gls 1, Ast 1, PoM 1, Yel 1, AR 6.78] - He played as a sub across the back, coming on at Right Back as well as left back, and covering both during injuries as well. Will be around in 2023/24 as we needed some left backs, so he agreed to sign for less than Juárez.
Eloy Ordóñez (DR/AMR, Esp, 24) [Gms 5, AR: 7.00] - Joined the club in April as a planned signing for the new season to play on the wing, but ended up needing to be used at right back with Zorrilla leaving, was always involved, but never got a goal or assist in his five games, hopefully moves to the wingers list next season
Adrián Zorrilla (DR, Esp, 26) [Gms 28, Ast 1, Yel 6, AR 6.86] - He was our only right back, I may have realised very late that I was missing a right back of starting quality, so I got Zorrilla in on loan, he was quality and good enough for the squad, but then after the midseason break our tactic involved him playing as a Wing back, his team didn't approve and recalled him. 

Centre Backs
Javi Ramos (DC, Esp, 32) [Gms 35, Gls 1, Ast 1, PoM 4, Yel 5, AR 7.18] - The club captain was the best player when I turned up, he wanted to leave immediately as he wanted to pay at a better team, I convinced him to wait for a big deal, nothing came he stayed and helped us keep the goals conceded down. 
Nico Cañizares (DC, Esp, 27) [Gms 33, Pom 2, Yel 1, AR 7.07] - One of my good early signings, he made a very good pairing with Ramos, and meant we conceded a lot less than I thought going into the season. He is sticking around for the new season, but likely to be a back-up as I have signed a pair of improved starting centre backs.
Fernando Mañas (DC, Esp, 22) [Gms 4(11), AR 7.08] - Was the starter when I joined the club, but never good enough to take the role, a solid back-up he managed 15 appearances and never let us down.

Midfielders
Nico (MC, Esp, 27) [Gms 26(4), Gls 2, Ast 2, PoM 3, AR 7.24] - Nico was my best midfielder in the first half, then in the second half of the season he found himself a partner in Moriones, led to a much more fluid ball movement to the forwards.
Serigio Moriones (DM/MC, Esp, 20) [Gms 19, Ast 1, AR 7.14] - His stats don't show it, but the movement through the middle of the park improved so much more once he was in the line-up, I was surprised he only had a single assist as I thought he was much more involved than that.
Ander Dufur (MC, Esp, 22) [Gms 24(7), Gls 2, Ast 3, PoM 1, AR 6.98] - Dufur was very good early in the season, but the team improved remarkably once he was just the back-up. It is likely the leading three will be the same, so he will battle with Nico for a starting role again.
Victor Banegas (MC, Esp, 34) [Gms 3(11) AR 6.70] - Banegas wasn't the greatest, but a solid enough back-up when called upon
Gori (AMC, Esp, 24) [Gms 33, Gls 4, Ast 9, PoM 2, AR 6.95] - Another of the three stars at the club before I joined who didn't want to sign an extension, agreed near the end of the season and will be back. Very good at setting up the others to score, and even got a hattrick of his own (The club's first), is probably good enough for the division above.

Wingers
Théo Chendri (AMRLC, Fra, 26) [Gms 31(4), Gls 6, Ast 3, Yel 2, Red 1, AR 6.63] - Chendri was our most capped winger over the season, but mostly because he could play all across the field. He got six goals, but he was a bit weaker when playing on the left, which is where he ended up when Marcos & Gori were fit. 
Raúl Botía (AMRC, Esp, 21) [Gms 20(8), Gls 6, Ast 1, AR 6.85] - The wingers had some up and down play during the season, I did also switch them around a bit, Marcos took his role in the second half, but we saw it going back and forwards. He scored an incredible hattrick, but was never consistent enough.
Marcos (AMR, Esp, 20) [Gms 12, Gls 3, Ast 1, Yel 1, Red 1, AR 6.71] - Were definitely more goals scored by our right wingers than anywhere else during the season, but it came and went. Marcos joined and was very happy, but has since gotten a bit off the boil as he wanted better coaches.
Álex Pérez (AMRL, Esp, 23) [Gms 10(6), Gls 1, Ast 1, AR 6.62] - He was our starting left back early on, but lost the role and then really struggled after he lost the role and never really got back to form.
Bright Owusu (AMLC, Gha, 22) [Gms 0(17), AR 6.64] - Super sub, Owusu was a solid replacement on the left and centre
Riad Chakroun (AMRL, Mar, 26) [Gms 0(12), Gls 1, AR 6.61] - Our other super sub, Chakroun did get a stunning goal, but then didn't really do much after that.
All of our Wingers are signed for next season, going to be interesting to see what happens when I actually start to put the team together in the new season.

Strikers
Alec Mertens (ST, Bel, 24) [Gms 30(2), Gls 10, Ast 5, PoM 3, AR 7.05] - Our clear number one striker this season, he played well, but I need to improve the front line, he is likely the back-up in the new season.
Óscar Lorenzo (ST, Esp, 23) [Gms 6(8), Gls 1, Ast 1, AR 6.72] - Lorenzo was a bit of a downer, I thought he was supposed to be better than he ever was.

Youth Player Project
OverviewYouth Intake

YP1: Xisco Vidal (DL) - Apr 23
CA: ★★
PA: ★★★★
Nationality: Spanish
Born: Calvià, Spain
DoB: 26.07.07
Foot: Left Only
Traits: Shoots from Distance
Far and away our best youth player, I gave him a start in our final league game as we had already made the playoffs.

Xisco Vidal Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
Senior Team 1 (0) 0 0 0 0/0 6.60
Under 19s 1 (0) 0 0 0 0/0 7.70

YP1a: Xisco Fidalgo (DC) - Apr 23
CA: ★
PA: ★★★
Born: Palma de Mallorca, Spain
DoB: 22.11.07
Foot: Either
Traits: None

Xisco Fidalgo Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
Senior Team 0 0 0 0 0/0 0.00
Under 19s 0 (1) 0 0 0 0/0 7.00

YP1b: Miguel Ángel Romero (DC) - Apr 23
CA: ★
PA: ★★★
Born: Sant Antoni de Portmany, Spain
DoB: 19.10.07
Foot: Left
Traits: None

Miguel Romero Gms Gls Ast PoM Y/R Avg Rat
Senior Team 0 0 0 0 0/0 0.00
Under 19s 0 (1) 0 0 0 0/0 0.00

Records & Awards Update
Records | Awards | Best XI

Club Awards Night
Fans Player of the Season: Nico
Young Player of the Season: Alec Mertens

Goal of the Season: Raúl Botía (51) vs Binéfar - Scored a Free Kick from 28m
Signing of the Season: Gonzalo Ardura
Best XI: Gilis, Zorrilla, Ramos, Cañizares, Juárez, Nico, Dufur, Botía, Gori, Chendri, Mertens

Broken Records

Match Records
Most Goals in a Match: Gori (AM)  - 3 vs Cerdanyola del Vallès FC
Fastest Goal: Alec Mertens - 4m 13s vs Cerdanyola del Vallès FC

Season Records
Most Overall Goals: Alec Mertens (ST) - 10
Most League Goals: Alec Mertens (ST) - 10
Most Assists: Gori (AM) - 9
Most Clean Sheets: Gonzalo Ardura (GK) - 9
Most PoM: Marc Juárez (DL) - 4
Highest Avg Rating: Gonzalo Ardura (GK) - 7.27

Career Records
Most League Appearances: Javi Ramos (DC) - 154

Player Records
Youngest Player: Xisco [YP1] - 15y 292d
Oldest Player: Víctor Banegas - 34y 166d
Youngest Goalscorer: Marcos - 19y 314d
Oldest Goalscorer: Javi Ramos - 31y 218d

Match Sequence Records
Winning Streak: 4 (26.02.23 - 19.03.23)
Undefeated Streak: 8 (4.09.22 - 16.10.22)
Losing Streak: 2 (23.10.22 - 29.10.22)
Scoring Streak: 5 (18.12.22 - 05.02.23)

Without Conceding: 3 (7.09.22 - 18.09.22)

Match Records
Highest Attendance: 2,734 vs Mallorca B
Biggest Win: 5-1 vs Cerdanyola del Vallès FC (H)
Biggest Loss: 0-3 vs Terrassa FC (A)
Highest Scoring Match: 4-3 vs UD Llanera (A)

The Future Update

Transfers for 2023/24

Transfers In
Date Player Pos From Fee
16.03.23 José Ruiz DC Free €0
09.05.23 Martin Caballero DL Free €0
14.05.23 Iñaki Elejalde ST Free €0
15.05.23 Miki DM Free €0
15.05.23 Antón Quindimil DC Free €0
15.05.23 Edu Viaña DR Free €0
01.07.23 Nikita Merkulov DR Racing Rioja €0
01.07.23 Israel Pérez DR Ourense CF €0
01.07.23 Álex Prendes DC Avilés €0
01.07.23 Julio Morilla AMC Langreo €0
01.07.23 Charaf AMC San Roque Lepe €0

Ruiz, Prendes, Caballero & Elejalde should be starters in the next season, but the rest are to enbsure we can put 22 players into the squad as we continue forwards.

My Thoughts
With the improvements to the squad I think we can push through and make it through to promotion into the league above. 
My other note if you read to here: The screenshots are coming, but I was tired and went to bed after writing this... 

Boards Thoughts
Want us to play:
Defensively solid, Possession Football, Make the Most of Set pieces, and High Tempo.

@Lower Leagues Rulethat was a great write up, I like the around the traps bit too just a bit of background what's going on in your save outside of your team.

That's a great average rating for your keeper and so young too hopefully have a stud there!

Great season @John Sharpand I like the look of Birch he'll do nicely in League 1 too.

@Thebakergreat couple of strikers there, intrigued by your team as I went on holiday once to Cape Verde and loved it!

@Tyer what a start man that is incredible, could we have our domestic champion after only 2 seasons?!

aldojags

Early Season (only 2 games update!)

Been so busy with work/kids that despite starting the challenge a week ago I've only played 2 league games, going well so far!! Although to be fair the 2 games I've played at the 2 teams at the bottom! But I'll take it!

Board just want to battle bravely against relegation, I've seen enough so far to say I'll be nowhere near bottom of the league. Not saying I'm going up this year, but no way I'll be near the bottom.

Few signings I've made I'm expecting to be key players....

These 2 guys signed from Borussia Dortmund so a good pedigree, think they'll be good at this level - Latvian international Mackreckis , Richmond Tachie, my centre halfs Diakite and Knothe.

So just using this season as I often do my first season in these challenges in leagues where I don't know the level, feeling my way around the teams/the game/the players, see what works etc, I'll probably take a couple of years to get out this league, I feel if the board keep up with the wage budget i have (52k per week) there's really no excuse not to get promotion first few years.

System wise I'm in a bit of a pickle, wanted to just slowly get to grips with team so playing a sitting deep counter attacking 4-3-3, cautious mentality, which I never do, I'm always all guns blazing. So if things going well I may go a bit more on front foot but for now I'm happy!

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

VV IJsselmeervogels

IJsselmeervogels - Wikipedia

Season Summary

After a twitchy start, we soon found our form and proceeded to dominate for the rest of the year.

Season Details

League Table - We won the league title and promotion with four games to spare.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - After gaining only a point in our first three games, we took our time to find our feet but eventually settled down and won the title and secured promotion with ease.  Winning our last sixteen games did help somewhat.

TOTO KNVB Beker - We made it through to the second round before being convincingly beaten at home by giants Feyenoord.

Pre Season Friendlies - A tough campaign where we won only three of our eight games, losing five.

Squad - How many of the loans can I keep for another year?

Squad Dynamics - Considering most of the players are not ours, this is excellent.

Transfers In 1, 2, 3 & 4 - So many arrivals, mainly on loans.  I sent a lot of them back when it was apparent they were not good enough.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - Not a great intake with defensive midfielder Marvin Brinkman YP25A1 the best of a poor bunch.

Finances - We are in the black and I expect us to stay that way.

Key Players

Luiz Fabiano - Teenage Brazilian central defender who only arrived in January.  Slotted into central defence immediately and was sensational.

Victor Sánchez Gutiérrez - Young Spanish striker who had a great campaign after signing on loan for the season from Villarreal.

Igor Alcalde - Another Spaniard signed on loan for the season, this left winger had a great season after arriving from Athletic Club.

Mateo Lallemand - The teenage left back signed on loan from Nice for a year and was exceptional.

Milen Ivanov - Yet another teenager, the versatile Bulgarian can play in either the holding role in midfield or at right back and was a key part of our success.

Next Season

It depends on if we can hold on to our best loans.  If we can, then I think we can challenge for a European playoff place.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2024/25    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National C ↑         5 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic             Fairly Basic          Fairly Basic     Basic              National   (2.00*)
2024/25    Basic =              Basic =           Fairly Basic =        Adequate ↑↑      Adequate ↑↑        National = (2.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25      40        30        3        7         112              36                 +76              75.00%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25          40        30        3        7         112              36                 +76              75.00%             307 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2024/25    Keuken Kampioen Divisie

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Keuken Kampioen Divisie (2024/25)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     TOTO KNVB Beker                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Keuken Kampioen Divisie               1st       First round                        Promoted as champions.

Edited by DazRTaylor

@Thebaker A bit of a harsh one, but hopefully it is one step back, and two forward, promotion on it's way.

@aldojags I like the looks of Marekis, should also work well in behind Tache, also some of those level of goalscorers is what I need to start hunting. Hopefully the keeper is literally a keeper, he is supposed to be a leading player for level above according to my best evaluating coach.
@DazRTaylor What a massive season, great work on your way forward, are either Fabiano or Ivanov yours? They both look like very solid pieces to build with. Also your season makes me wonder if I should've looked at loans more. Good Luck at the next level.

And with that, I have added all my screenshots and the update is actually finished.

On 14/11/2021 at 05:09, Lower Leagues Rule said:

May have a bug in Spain...the Promotion playoff has not been scheduled after we made it in.

UPDATE: We appear to be ok, the schedule said games on 20/05 & 27/05. But the draw happens on 28/05

The same happened on last years game as well - or at least similar in my Romania save. Think it's where you've promotion playoffs against teams from a different league (higher or lateral) where not all of the leagues finish on the same date despite pre-filled schedule in the league rules.

On 14/11/2021 at 09:04, MShing said:

Does anyone know the reset dates for argentina?

Reset date for Argentina should be the 23rd June - not sure when you'd have to save to get new teams each reload mind.

spacer.png

Donegal Celtic

Season 2 – Lough41 Championship 5th

Transfers Squad Key PlayerHot Prospect

image.thumb.png.12217480ef43bf2f4b79f7f62a67a84a.png

image.png.3db8ea56cec0b2181909eb9612be815b.png

Overview

The summer started out pretty well, we strengthened in areas we wanted to and all was looking well – and then the transfer window officially opened. Due to the non-contract nature of all our players contracts everyone was fair game and we pretty quickly lost two of our better players which ultimately ended up causing a much more scatter gun approach to signings as I tried to plug the gaps left. In the end I was happy enough with the squad even if smarting a bit at losing players I’d have rather kept (and them rejecting a loan return to the club).

The season started poorly, at least from a results perspective (the important bit), we were playing actually ok, but we weren’t picking up points just one point from our opening 4, stark contrast to our winning start to the season prior. Eventually we managed to start picking up results however, and found ourselves in a 6 team midtable battle with 3 points separating each of us. None of us could really foster any continuous form until towards the end of the initial stage (league splits after 22 games) we managed to put together a bit of a run to propel us even towards the playoff spots at the time to secure a top 6 spot.

Between the initial stage and the championship group we did have another transfer window to contend with and we did lose another player I’d rather not have as our first choice winger left. I did however, also strengthen in a few positions and released a few dissenting players to try and improve the overall squad morale.

The Championship group actually got off to a good start beating both 1st and 2nd at the time though we did then lose to 3rd – not too friendly a start to the group in fairness. But we were plugging away winning games and giving ourselves a slim chance of playoff football and the potential of back to back promotions. Alas, we ran out of steam before the end, the last 5 games finding ourselves with just a win and a draw to our name as the season fizzled out, but I’m happy with 5th.

Only 3 cups this time, but a decent account in a few of them with us setting the record for largest victory of all time in the main cup (the one that gives some European Qualification) with an 8-1 victory, albeit against a non-league side.

Next Season

I am planning on keeping my squad together next season, but I know how that can go, if a player wants to leave there’s not all too much I can do to stop them. But, in general I want to improve my defense and wingers as these are the areas I am lacking in most. I’d like to try and challenge for promotion next season, we weren’t too far off this season so I’m comfortable with that as our aim.

Players

I was debating whether I wanted to have a section on some of the key players whilst we’re in a position where they can leave at any moment, but I may as well so I have some recollection of who the ‘heroes’ of the early save were.

Reece ByrneI signed him towards the back end of last season but, he had to wait till this for his chance due to good form from our previous first choice striker. This season Byrne did really well for us amassing 21 league goals – the 2nd top scorer in the league. I’d really like to keep him for some continuity up front – especially as he was our only player to score more than 5 times this season (well except one who left mid season)

Aiden Steele A bit hit and miss, Steele was signed this summer after somewhat of a midfield exodus. He contributed pretty effectively even if in average ratings terms he wasn’t fantastic. I did sign some good young midfielders in the January window so he might find his spot in the team under threat next term.

Rory McLaughlanSteele’s midfield partner, he’s not all too spectacular, but he was altogether pretty effective this season and the only real survivor from our promotion winning team. I think he will drop from being first choice next season, even if I want him to stay there for sentimentality sake.

Overview

image.thumb.png.b3d76512ac327ff48855bdc16ec22bfc.png

@Tyer - great progress, impressive how quickly you settled in to the top flight!

@DazRTaylor - wow, impressive first season in the Netherlands!

@John Sharp - congrats on the promotion!

@aldojags - some solid signings there, I like the look of Tachie!

@Thebaker - well done on achieving safety again - do you think you have a shot at making the promotion stage next season?

@Lower Leagues Rule - great first season, feels like you will be out of this league sooner rather than later

@_JHTB_Good first season in the Championship, hope you do manage to keep hold of most of your players

As for myself I haven't posted anything yet as I am in a relegation battle with Austria Salzburg that I still don't know if I will survive. Partly because I am still figuring out the game and tactics, partly because we are part of the a handful of teams that is semi-pro in a professional league and there is a bit of a gap to the top sides. I did however manage to make some good signings in the winter and have figured out how to be a bit more effective going forward, beating fellow relegation strugglers 6-0 in my last game and going 3 points above the relegation zone was definitely encouraging, so hopefully I'll be able to report on good news soon!

Chojniczanka Chojice 24/25 Recap

Better season than I could have ever hoped for.  I went into the season just hoping to stay up, but going into the last day of the season just needed one point to make Euro Cup II. 

Well we won!  4th place in the top division of Poland in our first year!  (I don't know what happened to Legia Warsaw...they really fell off a cliff at the end to let us slip in.)

image.thumb.png.20e592693cab0bc0f4077e3462055e04.png

image.thumb.png.822350aeb0dcd230ac6011a8409730e1.png

image.png.c81c09f0fdb171db5dace74e3894dfd5.png

Received 1.25 million for getting 4th, putting us only 400k in the red now.  I'm excited to see how far we can push into the Euro Cup II next year and what money we can get from that.

More money = better training and youth facilities...better scouts, better coaches.

Our old stomping ground isn't good enough to be up to standard for top division status.  (You are given a one year grace period that you can use your old stadium.)

I will keep everyone updated on our push towards euro glory!

image.png.0300d7b39ce1827674fb4974dff2bf98.png

The fans will have quite the weekly drive.

image.png.df3444c4f4a1b4b6dc2a7c6591ffadd0.png

Edited by Tyer

Thanks @Mahzun_Savas!!

Quick update.  Euro start went well!  Been beating some teams badly, one disappointing loss in the league though has me 6th to start. 

But that's a La Liga team on the horizon!!!! I think this is where the first Euro run comes to an end LOL 

image.png.af99ccafc9474a30304e3521380da843.png

Yes I messed up and made some of my players available for U18's and it was really hard to get through the fixtures with a healthy rested team.  

Bilbao smashed us.  And the tough start to the season has us midtable after only a handful of games, now we can fully focus on the league again.

Bilbao was probably an insanely unlucky draw for the 4th qualifying round, we could have drawn tons of easier teams.

image.png.097e056e3a11d2c7622b8931a57c385c.png

LLR's Mallorquín Adventure
image.png.825edcd3b911cc18a54304e569a6884a.png

Preseason Update - September 2023
Segunda División RFEF 3

Friendlies  | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Dynamics

Overview

Well this was always going to be an interesting offseason for us, I had actually made a vast majority of my signings in March & April while the previous season was happening I got the players for the new season ready. This meant the focus rather than being on bringing players in was mostly on preparing for the new season and what I really hope is promotion at the end of the season. We did get some big news as we got a new B Team (This addition is an excellent one), though players registered for the senior squad (22 players) cannot compete for the B Team during the season. I assigned my Goalkeeping coach to take over the team, as our asst manager took off to somewhere else. Following this I tried to sign a new Asst Manager, except my eyes missed that I was signing him as a coach, I now have 3 coaches and no assistant. 
B-Team news - Following this addition, I added a few players who were of 3rd Div level who had potential to be in the 1st Div eventually and sent them to the B-Team, then I took my best 4-5 U19s and sent them there as well, the team is still very light on players, but I will try to sigh cheaper players to 2-3 year deals to make that squad better (I have tried to decide if I just send the entire u19s team there, but I don't know if playing in an unloaded league is better than having weekly friendlies for development)
And a new captain, as Ramos refused to sign a new contract as well:

Date Player Announcement
-- Javi Ramos  
01.07.23 Edu Viaña Inbox

Friendlies

Date Cmp Opposition H/A Us Opp Res Goalscorers Att.
07-08-23 FRN Paguera A 4 0 W Mertens (14p,17), Moriones (40), Ordóñez (53) 225
10-08-23 FRN Andratx A 3 0 W Elejalde (33), Botía (52), Ramón (87) 223
13-08-23 FRN A. Rafal A 3 1 W José Ruíz (34), Ordóñez (52), Mertens (62p) 238
16-08-23 FRN San Francisco CD A 2 1 W Chendri (14), Dufur (16) 3,846
21-08-23 FRN Cartagena (FdR) H 1 0 W Gori (57) 299
23-08-23 FRN Avilés (FdR) H 1 1 D Mertens (46) 248
25-08-23 FRN Binissalem (SdR) H 1 0 W Botía (14) 186
29-08-23 FRN Mallorca B H 1 1 D Cantero (5) 1,098
02-09-23 FRN Poblense (SdR) H 5 2 W Ordóñez (19,22,50p), Ruíz (70), Chendri (90) 157
05-09-23 FRN Santanyi A 1 1 D Dufur (39) 100

This was a much better run of friendlies, we also had two games against teams from the division above, and two from teams in our division, with 3 wins and a draw in those games I am very happy with the way this is looking, our team is definitely strong enough to get promotion. I would like to push for the title, but there are going to be some tough opposition in the run this year with CD Teruel & Talavera de la Reina who were relegated last season, and SD Tarazona who finsihed 2nd last year as well not being promoted.

Transfers

Transfers In
Date Player Pos From Fee
03.07.23 Anatz Elizondo MC Free €0
29.07.23 Álvaro Ramón AML Free €0
06.08.23 Yago Cantero DC Free €0
03.09.23 Daniel Sancho ST Free €0
04.09.23 Álvaro Martín DC Free €0
05.09.23 Alejandro Baena DLC Free €0

As I noted in the overview of this update, we mostly only signed for the B Team, but we did add Elizondo to join our midfield, Ramón to start on the left wing, yes pushing Chendri to the bench, and Cantero who will join the DC pairing with Ruiz. 
Sancho, Martin & Baena will be the leaders of the new B Team, hopefully I can get a few more players of quality to join the B team, but it also means any free agent signings I make during the season now have somewhere to go before they make their senior debut.

Paid Transfers Out
Date Player Pos To Fee
01.07.23 Óscar Lorenzo ST Langreo €10,000
03.07.23 Doran Gilis GK Ebro €5,750
18.07.23 Marcos AMR Poblense €500

So three of the players who had starting roles last year got annoyed at the players I had wanting to come into the squad, and ended up leaving because of this, receiving €16k for this was definitely worth it, and I don't believe any of them will be missed. 

Tactics
We're going with the Tiki-Taka from the second half of last season once again, with a few changes to the line-up, but this tactic will work well as we are expected to be favourites, if we are underdog, a few away games this season I think, we'll play a more fluid counter attack as well.

Spoiler

image.png.4c23bf2c109ec5e6d4d08590fde574d7.png

Starting Line-up

Gonzalo Ardura - Starter for the second half, he is young, he's a great back stop, and he doesn't concede many, perfect starter.
Edu Viaña - Our new captain, look to him to be the main source of crosses into the box, he gets right down to the byline and will send it in.
José Ruíz - Our new leader at the back, he joined early on and looks to be very good.
Yago Cantero - A late addition during preseason as we brought in a few guys on trial, and he really impressed me. 
Martin Caballero/Miquel Jaume - Still not clear who will start this role, Caballero had a poor preseason, Jaume is a bit lower quality, but did well last season.
Serigio Moriones - Our star midfielder, he will play a great role connecting all the parts together.
Anatz Elizondo - Another signing from the trials we brought in, he is a step up on Nico & Dufur, hopefully we can get something out of him.
Eloy Ordóñez - Last years right back at the end of the season moves forward onto the wing. He has been stunning cutting in during preseason, I am looking forward to seeing what he can do.
Gori - One of the table parts from last season, Gori stuck around and will start again, look for him to be feeding the ball in and scoring from free kicks.
Álvaro Ramón - The final of our trial signings, he looks to make the supporting winger role his own, I am traning him on shooting, his only weakness
Alec Mertens - This one is a surprise, I had actually signed a couple of replacements, but once I got them in they weren't as good as I expected, so he is lining up and did well in preseason so keeps the spot.

My Expectations

I want promotion, I have told the players Top Half, the board want mid table (Make Playoffs next season), but neither of those is enough for me, I would love to win the title, but I think Playoffs might be more sustainable, our team is good enough for the level above now so we need to put it together. 
I love the signings I have made, massive improvements on the last year, and we have better depth as well. The addition of the B Team means a better chance at development too, and if once we are promoted we can get them up as well, there is an even better chance at turning some youth into stars as well. I have noticed that this season I am at the absolute limit of over 23s and I have 2-3 players who will be too old next year. The division above allows 18 in the squad, so that would help us out as well, otherwise some players may need to leave just to match the squad requirements. 

1 hour ago, Tyer said:

Yes I messed up and made some of my players available for U18's and it was really hard to get through the fixtures with a healthy rested team.  

Bilbao smashed us.  And the tough start to the season has us midtable after only a handful of games, now we can fully focus on the league again.

Bilbao was probably an insanely unlucky draw for the 4th qualifying round, we could have drawn tons of easier teams.

Ouch, that's a rough one, hopefully you can now focus on league and get back into Europe again.

1 hour ago, Tyer said:

Unlucky getting Bilbao at this stage, but I think its a decent first European campaign considering how early you are in the save and the fact you beat some decent sides in the previous rounds. Shame to miss out on the money for Europe but probably gives you a better chance to qualify next year again.

1 hour ago, Lower Leagues Rule said:

Tactics
We're going with the Tiki-Taka from the second half of last season once again, with a few changes to the line-up, but this tactic will work well as we are expected to be favourites, if we are underdog, a few away games this season I think, we'll play a more fluid counter attack as well.

When you play the fluid counter attack, do you make many changes to roles? I think I have managed to create a tactic that does well going forward, but when I try to play fluid counter attack the team ends up creating very little, i'll often end up with 0 or 1 shot on target...

5 minutes ago, corinthiano said:

When you play the fluid counter attack, do you make many changes to roles? I think I have managed to create a tactic that does well going forward, but when I try to play fluid counter attack the team ends up creating very little, i'll often end up with 0 or 1 shot on target...

For Fluid, I actually unselected my entire squad and got the default version of it, and then only adjustments were "Work Ball into Box" (And making sure that "Always press" is on. Found the default version didn't create good chances, but work ball into box fixed that. 

image.png.dcd4cee5f5f96cf96ecb8d5ab209f10a.png

C.D Pamplona 

2022/23 Midseason Update

League Table | ResultsClub Vision | Tactics

Best Players

Gonzalo Brings a bit of quality to the middle and his goals have been very useful as I have no strikers scoring goals regularly

Rodinkov Been great at the back and is dominate in the air as well as being a good allround defender

Unai A class goalkeeper for this level, has been top quality for me.

Season so far

Starting the season I was not sure how I was going to go, I had definitely improved a very poor squad markedly by bringing a whole new starting XI, but was it enough.

We won a tough first round match 2-1 against Marbella but perhaps it could have been a draw on how the match played out. Then to my surprise we dominately won the next three matches to make it 12 points out of 12 points and third on the table on goal difference. Were we really contenders for the title?

The next two matches seemed to answer no to that question as we were out classed 4-1 and 3-1 by two of the best teams in the league. So it seemed we were not going to be the best, but we certainly were not the worst. A draw and another loss followed and 1 point out of 12 seemed to indicate a middle table finish might be the best we could accomplish.

Howere we continued to scrap together wins, most often against xG and we kept ourselves in the hunt for a promotion spot although top spot was far our of reach as Hercules de Alicante proved themselves to be far better than anyone else by opening up a large lead in the league. Four wins in a row, to match our run at the start of the season, ended the first half with us sitting in second spot.

We won a hard fought first round match in the Copa del Rey 2-0 against Primera Division RFEF 1 side Amorebieta. It is hard to say we were the better side but we took a couple of our chances and they took none of their chances. We meet Sevilla in the second round.

I am hoping we can keep going but it is concerning we are winning even though xG has been against us mostly and that could easily change. Unai's form in goal has certainly contributed to this but if his form wanes then maybe we will start giving up more goals and losing these close games. Hopefully one of strikers becomes a more regular goal scorer.

@Mahzun_Savas Looks like a solid first half, just to let you know I am getting 401 errors on your images, I think they might be private

@jmarchand DAMN!! That is really harsh, was it caused by the red card? Or was that unrelated...

As for me, here is a clue to how the 2023/24 season is going vs last year. Mertens took 30 games to score 10 goals last year, this year he has already passed that total in NINE!
image.png.20cd0e0682d22db7e65ca3e65e5cda5c.png

I am really mature, but disappointed I can't afford this guy
image.png.a3f48a0412e57d15f239b75655b9feed.png