FINALLY! ToMexico! in Mexico - Party Time in Cancun

ToMexico!!

th?id=OIP.Qs2UjnPNKZ-UiFhgzpMFsAAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

CANCUN FUTBOL CLUB

I've finally caved and started a save in Mexico, its the one you've clearly all been waiting for. And no better club to takeover than one in Mexico's party paradise, Cancun. They play their football in the 2nd tier of Mexican football which is called the Mexican Expansion League and are predicted to finish in 9th place. 

The club was founded in 2020 after the former club Cafetaleros de Chiapas francise moved to the city of Cancun from the city of Tuxtla Gutierrez in Chiapas. Origninally Atlante FC were going to relocate to Cancun but opted for Mexico City instead. The club will play their home games in the Estadio Adres Quintana Roo, which is a 20000 capacity stadium which was built in 2007. 

The club currently boasts average training facilities, adequate youth facilities along with average academy coaching and fairly basic youth recruitment. Whilst this will not be youth only save, my philosophy will always be to develop incoming players from the academy. I will be making the most of signing young player with the view of selling for a profit and will track future profit clauses and also track any poached players aswell as where our academy players are born when they come through our youth intake. 

Financially the club currently has £1.5m on the balance sheet with no debt or loans repayable. We have a transfer budget of £863k to spend with a wage budget of £24,934 per week which we are spending every penny of. 

fb4ad1ac410944369b0019cc19a5277a.png

Looking at the playing squad we have a very mixed age squad with the likes of 40 year old goalkeeper, Christian Campestrini through to plenty of young players who are out of contact and won't make the cut here. Our best player is experienced midfielder Paul Uscanga, he recently joined the club from fellow Expanision Leauge side Venados. Another good player we have is Yoel Barcenas who is out on loan at Spanish second tier side Leganes, probably for the fact he is on £6k p/w. 

Backroom staff wise we are certainly lacking, only have an assistant manager and one coach, no recruitment staff and one physio. We may need to look at transferring some budget to improve the support we have. 

The board expects us to sign player under the age of 23 for the first team as well as work within the wage budget. They also expect us to reach the semi-final of the Expansion L Opening Stage which is trivial to me. Looking at the rules, we have 16 games in the opening stage, then the top 12 go into a play-off of sorts and then same happens again in the closing stage. Promotions and Relegations are decided on average points over 3 seasons I think judging by the table. 

Interesting a new rule I haven't see before is this;

bb163204f87f345117dcdf83cf96e9ef.png

Mexico seems crackpot (no pun intended) and I love it. Francises playing in different cities, average points and extra points for away wins. They were definelty smoking something when they made these rules. 

Lastly, the following league are loaded with just Mexico playable. I have also loaded all top division players from North America, South America and Europe. 

61ed208eb2609fd058d237126201b2d7.png

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More Rules

692a6280a4ec1d61b46cb6763e396fc2.png

So, we need to have 8 Mexican's in the starting XI and three of them need to be classed as under-23. So we can only have three foreigners in the first team XI. Lets pick our strongest XI available to me now and see where we are. 

8ea0722e9e6440adbca757000087c04d.png

9 of 11 players selected are Mexican and 2 of 11 are foreigners, thats fine. We only have one other foreign player who can be selected but he's injured anyway. Where we fall foul of the rules is Mexican U23's, we have just one and thats an on loan LB. We have 6 players who fit this remit.

21c4ee145115988fe09c0624d27343c5.png

Of which just two are first team ready but are both 22 so would then not be eligible towards this rule next season. I need to prioritise bringing in at least two first team ready Mexican players now to fulfil our rule. From the line-up above we can see that Simon Almeida has a transfer value of £0, his contract is up at the end of the month which helps free up £550 p/w in wage but also a slot in which I could fit a Mexican U23 into. The other sensible option would be to sell our 40 year old Argentinian goalkeeper and replace him with a teenage one but GK is a very important position in a poor side. Elsewhere, both strikers are pretty poor, Delgadillo is a determined but technically inept player whereas Igor our residant Brazilian is a winger with no physicals. 

Lets get to work. 

I'm also planning to go to Mexico this year (but probably in the full release of the game). I'm considering either Pumas (personal connection) or Dorados de Culiacan (inspired by the Maradona en Sinaloa documentary :D)

But a question for you. I thought that in real life the Mexican FA "froze" promotion to the first division for five years. So are you able to earn promotion with Cancun?

3 minutes ago, Dereka said:

I'm also planning to go to Mexico this year (but probably in the full release of the game). I'm considering either Pumas (personal connection) or Dorados de Culiacan (inspired by the Maradona en Sinaloa documentary :D)

But a question for you. I thought that in real life the Mexican FA "froze" promotion to the first division for five years. So are you able to earn promotion with Cancun?

I've not seen that documentary but good luck with your save whoever you choose. 

Well, this makes this interesting, I've just looked again and you are right and its something I did not know about. Last seasons 2nd tier winners are still in this tier. There have been promotions into the 2nd tier but no promotions to top tier, nor any relegations from it. 

I cannot see anything in the rules/structure page of the league that states that promotion/relegation to and from the top tier will be reinstated so I hope it is hardcoded, I guess I could create another save and holiday for 5 seasons to see if it works. 

As primarily a Beta save I'm not sure I will be in a position to get promoted within these first 4/5 seasons. 

Early Business

First and foremost, I adjusted the transfer budget from £863k to £575k which gave me another £6k p/w in wages to spend, I then set about bring searching for players who were under 23, Mexican and would improve upon what I already had. 

9cc57cfd3a4a1a0e17bf65dfd08edc90.png

So far six players have joined and all fit the above criteria. 

Daniel Parra joined from top flight Monterrey for a modest fee of £12k what wasn't modest were his wage demands and I've paid way too much per week in comparison to some of the other signings. However, he is a decent LB who at 21 can improve still and take over from the current LB we have who is on loan. Jose de Jesus Padilla is next in the door and another left sided player but he's a righty, which I prefer when playing wingers, I want them to cut in and free space up for me attacking fullbacks. Luis Lara was on the books of Pumas before I snapped him up on a pre-contract agreement, the 20 year old striker is on just £110 p/w and offers another dimesion up front with his pace and finishing. We paid another modest fee of £6.25k for Carlos Tolosa from fellow league side Cimarrones, the young'un can play either RB or LB. Another freebie joined in Angel Alonzo, formerly on the books of another Expansion L side Alebrijes, the 21 year old joins to eventually take over from our now 41 year old current GK. After all the scrimping of the transfers prior, we have then gone out and splurged £150k on Diego Garcia from Atlante. The 20 year old can play either at RB or primarily at CB. Even with spending this amount I feel I could make a profit on him if we have interested parties from the top flight. 

These transfers leave us looking like this;

ee465eefe52353ebb2634c3945e6f72a.png

10 of 11 players are Mexican and we have four U23 players in the line-up. 

b357259e1bbf8d16f92c93af5371ba76.png

I've also signed the following five staff members; 

8c62912e3751311e70b5c07faeec8c5c.png

I did miss out on Mexican legend Gerardo Torrado who joined Tiaxcala as Chief Scout instead. I will certainly be on the look out for more former players to join my back room in the coming years. 

29 minutes ago, deltablue said:

It took you long enough ;)

Yeah, yeah I know. :D

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I am buzzing you are doing a Mexican club save @ToMexico!! Also it makes it interesting you can't get promoted for the first 5 seasons at least.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Thanks RB, thats certainly a side note which I knew nothing about prior nor saw in the league structure. 

Hopefully it can go the distance of 5 seasons and promotion/relegation triggers and we can continue beyond. 

Even More Rules

League registration day has come around and...

5de27593ed2674ef8787ec552d6afbc6.png

We need to register players to these rules. OK, so minimum of 18 players is fine; maximum of 5 players not considered to be Mexican, so foreign player limit of 5 which is also fine and lastly; a maximum of 8 player over the age of 23. What? 

Luckily then all the players I signed are under 23 years old so we don't have to potentially get rid of someone already but this is a bit harsh to limit over 23's to just 8 in total. 

Rather than selling a contracted player I have cancelled the loans of two players who are over the age of 23 to meet this new rule. 

2 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

I've not seen that documentary but good luck with your save whoever you choose. 

Well, this makes this interesting, I've just looked again and you are right and its something I did not know about. Last seasons 2nd tier winners are still in this tier. There have been promotions into the 2nd tier but no promotions to top tier, nor any relegations from it. 

I cannot see anything in the rules/structure page of the league that states that promotion/relegation to and from the top tier will be reinstated so I hope it is hardcoded, I guess I could create another save and holiday for 5 seasons to see if it works. 

As primarily a Beta save I'm not sure I will be in a position to get promoted within these first 4/5 seasons. 

I played in Mexico in FMM21 and the promotion/relegation was activated after 5-6 seasons. It is a different version and year but I would assume they would have the same enabled for full fat FM.

Good luck in Cancun! Don't let the parties distract you ;)

2 hours ago, john1 said:

Good luck in Mexico :cool: 

Thank you kind Sir!

2 hours ago, corinthiano said:

I played in Mexico in FMM21 and the promotion/relegation was activated after 5-6 seasons. It is a different version and year but I would assume they would have the same enabled for full fat FM.

Good luck in Cancun! Don't let the parties distract you ;)

OK thats good news, as to be honest I don't want to make a holiday save :D

Its not just the parties I need to be worried about in Mexico...its the fajitas and quesadillas :lol:

9 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

I'm jealous of that preview! Hopefully you get a better Carlos Fierro or Erick Torres come through. :lol:

Thanks Makoto! Lets hope it lives up to its expectation. Carlos Fierro is actually a free agent so I'm scouting him at the moment to see how little I can get him for wage wise. 

12 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

A few years ago, I was watching a lot of Mexican football for my work, and it was absolutely mental! The non-promotion rule absolutely stinks, but I hope you enjoy this. 

I bet it is mental indeed, same as most South America football like Colombia and Brazil, some of the recent games in the Libatadores when teams don't bother showing up or each side had 3 red cards. 

Yeah it does suck but it makes for a more interesting save, we need to be ready to get promoted as soon as it is possible to do so but with the rules it means we can't build a side now and wait for the time to come. The age rulings will see the side change mutiple times before we get the chance to go up.

Mexican Expansion League Opening Stage - 2021

I wasn't sure what to expect of the league in the first instance as we would face some recognisable clubs to me in Atlante, Dorados, Mineros and Morelia to name a few. It went a lot better than expected as we finished top of the table for the opening stage by a massive 11 points. As league winners we were given a bye in the quarter finals of the play offs and enter at the semi final stage. Atlante beat Dorados to be given a semi final draw against us, both the semi-final and the final would be two-legged affairs. 

0fa52a078c68a8a6c28d598ab3eb6d41.png

A close tie with Atlante as we won 2-1 on aggregate to face what seemed a strong Tlaxcala side who demolished Morelia 5-1. It wasn't a close final though as we beat them 4-1 on aggregate to take the overall win. 

We had two stand out performers in the opening stage as Daniel Delgadillo netted 12 goals in 18 as part of a front two and Armando Zamorano made 10 assists and scored 6 goals from wide right. We've played a pretty cautious 4-4-2 in this opening stage with thought to move to a more progressive side as we bring in better attacking players. 

86064ff37ab49e4d06b9899ee1f6aecd.png

Our finances have slowly dwindled across this opening stage. Our average attendance at the moment is 3678 of a 20000 capacity stadium. 

b9a3336ef3dec25714220130e9a62f1c.png

54 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

Really good start, just a pity that your spot in the promotion final play off at the end of the season has been taken off you by the FA. 

Thanks :thup: to be honest I wasn't expecting such a start but I can only beat what is put in front of me. 

A minor inconvenience which will add some depth to a great save in Mexico I'm sure. 

Transfers - Jan 2022

6e5b85f8957381027f89fd380da44a32.png

Despite a quality opening stage for Armando, his head was turned by top flight San Luis, they originally offered around £150k but I got that up to £250k plus 50% sell on and a friendly. 

Also despite our great opening stage I decided to strengthen further and make a few more changes to the current squad. 

37821ba9ffde3edce6dd2b8fcec705da.png

Adrian Villalobos comes in as the direct replacement for Armando and for just £3k, a bargain. Only scored 4 goals for his previous club but UdeG only scored 11 goals in 16 games in the opening stage. @Makoto Nakamura reminded me of former FM legend Carlos Fierro, I scouted him and it came back as £6k+ p/w, so I trialled him and managed to get him to sign for £2.6k p/w, he will primarily play as a striker for his time with us. I signed another striker in Luis Alberto Marquez, another freebie but this time from Tapatio in the same league as us, he possesses great technicals but not much in the physical department. I then signed another winger this time for the left hand side as Angel Tecpanecatl joins from Altenos Tepa, another divisional rival. Unfortunately all four of these signings were players over the age of 23, so someone had to be axed. 41 year old goalkeeper, Campestrini was the first to go be removed as well as winger Zaragoza and midfielder Torres. I then brought in another GK, who is under 23 to be back up, Esteban Lecourtois joins from Cruz Azul B team for a pittance. 

I've never managed in Mexico but I have to give it a go sometime. The average points thing is obviously completely ridiculous, but it's all part of the charm right? :idiot:

I do like their HG rules though. :cool:

Maximum of 8 players over the age of 23? What! :eek: :lol:

Can't get promoted for 5 years? Is that because of the averages? I wonder who came up with that idea? (Teams in the top flight). :rolleyes: Does it revert to normal promotion/relegation after 5 years? 

Lots of PA rather than CA in your squad. :applause:

Decent looking Intake preview. :thup:

18 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've never managed in Mexico but I have to give it a go sometime. The average points thing is obviously completely ridiculous, but it's all part of the charm right? :idiot:

I do like their HG rules though. :cool:

Maximum of 8 players over the age of 23? What! :eek: :lol:

Can't get promoted for 5 years? Is that because of the averages? I wonder who came up with that idea? (Teams in the top flight). :rolleyes: Does it revert to normal promotion/relegation after 5 years? 

Lots of PA rather than CA in your squad. :applause:

Decent looking Intake preview. :thup:

Average points is a North/South American staple I think. 

Yeah I like having rules to abide to, whether home grown or foreign limits. But the limit of just 8 over 23s is a tad restrictive. 

Yeah apparently so, its doesn't say it in the game but it does trigger when the 5 years is up. 

I think the CA/PA spectrum is pretty even at the moment if not more towards the PA due to the over 23 rule. 

Yeah hopefully I'll get some time to play the game tomorrow and get the intake up. 

In fact, Mexicans are trying to create something similar to Major Soccer League in the USA. A closed league, without any relegation / promotion. However, as the idea was not very well received, they chose a more indirect wording: "for economic reasons the promotion to the first league will be suspended for the next 5 years". In fact, the average points table is only used to designate relegated teams, but for now it's useless because even the relegation from the second league was suspended for the next 5 seasons.

26 minutes ago, GreenTriangle said:

In fact, Mexicans are trying to create something similar to Major Soccer League in the USA. A closed league, without any relegation / promotion. However, as the idea was not very well received, they chose a more indirect wording: "for economic reasons the promotion to the first league will be suspended for the next 5 years". In fact, the average points table is only used to designate relegated teams, but for now it's useless because even the relegation from the second league was suspended for the next 5 seasons.

Thanks for the info. Thats a little sneaky sneaky! 

Makes some sense then in regards to the "franchise" of Chiapas moving cities to Cancun, which I think also happens in America in some sports there(?!). 

2021/22 Youth Intake

I'll start by saying I don't like the way the intake is initally presented, I would much rather it was like in FM21, both in the inbox and then in the development centre. I would prefer to be able to configure the view to show much more detail. 

a5b4974012b60a229ec73407a83dda60.png

We have three elite talents which I will show you.

1. Luis Fernando Alvarado | An AMC which we don't use but he can be retrained to a MC but will definately need to work on his passing. 
  2. Luis Paul | a RB with decent tackling and not much else.
  3. Manual Macias | a DM who will be retrained to CM. Good mental skills including work rate, leadership and determination. 

I've signed every player to a contract and here is the whole intake

Mexican Expansion League Closing Stage - 2021/22

After the impressive opening stage would we continue our great form or collapse. Well we competed well and ended the season in 5th place and secured another play-off spot. It could have been better though as we lost the last game of the season and dropped from 3rd to 5th, if we had won we would have been 2nd. 

We entered the play-offs in the preliminary stage and faced Dorados in a one game shoot-out, which we won 2-0 with Carlos Fierro bagging both. In the quarter finals we would face Alebrijes over two legs. Away in the first leg we lost heavily as Julio Cruz put us to the sword with a hat-trick and only managed a 2-1 home victory which saw us out on aggregate

We were then pitted in overall final as winners of the opening stage faced the winners of the closing stage over the course of two legs. Away leg first and it was a drab 0-0 after a pretty uneventful but even game. Just 3 days later we faced Pumas Tabasco once again and despite dominating the game on shots and chances, we came up short, losing 1-0

Daniel Delgadillo continued his scoring form with a further 14 goals in the closing stage, taking his total for the season to 26. Carlos Fierro bagged 10 goals of his own in 18 appearances, hopefully he can continue this sort of record into the next season. The experience Paul Uscanga finished the whole season with a club high 16 assists with left back Daniel Parra ending the season with 10. 

We now have a tough task of picking through the squad and decide which players over the age of 23 I should get rid of to keep within the league rules. 

Off the field not a lot has happened other than lose money hand over fist. We've gone from starting the season with £1.5m in the bank to -£150k. There doesn't seem to be any indication we will receive any money for participating in the league nor prize money for our overall standing. 

7cbd48c62ed86b387bc62707ed95efbf.png

66930b4484d0607969a4f96e55e1fd62.png

Finances

We lost plenty of money across the season but a couple of things have happened. 

4ec78c8e760bca49f76cf359ab151211.png

5 new sponsorship deals added to an existing deal. That means we brought in £685k to the club. Looking at the finances we also see this line;

4abdbf7bd1dd30dc1a241b5197b3ec37.png

Another £725k into the club via "Other" 

We also got this news item;

420c33778f941cebfcb1e73d39a5ad68.png

The board have "invested" another £1.4m to help with running costs. This means we now have 8e49f409146f180b753852fec7043afd.png in the bank. 

18 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

The freeze on promotions is crazy, that would put me off! 

Also I wonder what the "other" revenues are in Cancun :lol: definitely some shady dealings going on there 

I think it would me too normally but having not known until I had started its given the save another dimension and I'm enjoying it. 

"Other" is rather suss. Could be any number of illegal activities contributing to it. 

Transfers - Summer 2022/23

We agreed a few deals to see players leave the club during last season but they didn't leave until this summer. 

34a3374156ec9755671b827890ab6599.png

The five players leaving on a free including 41 year old Campestrini (who joins top Tigre in Argentina) manages to free up around £3k in the weekly wage budget. Zaragoza and Franco were never good enough for us and left for nominal fees. Uscanga had his head turned and was on £4.5k p/w, he was also 32 and on the decline. 

2acba9842bd75d449b45711920ba12f5.png

I've also agreed a deal to sell Costa Rican international Barcenas to top flight Juarez. The winger wanted to leave and is on £6k p/w. He was on loan at Leganes in Spain last season but they opted not to make the deal permanent. 

e031722d627d6838efa924c0dca5127c.png

Five players join; Pablo Lopez from Pachuca to replace Uscanga, obviously not as good but will do a job for a few seasons; Gilberto Garcia to partner Lopez in central midfield, acting as the more defensive of the two. Ramon Juarez joins on loan at no cost to us from parent club America, he is first choice centre back alongside Garcia who I signed last season. Erick Avalos is another centre back who was released by top flight Tigres, he's gone from playing with Gignac to Fierro. Last to join this summer was Andres Montano from Mazatlan, he's another central midfielder but gives us depth there. 

Looking at the squad now we only have one player classed as not Mexican but he is a starter at right back, we have 10 players who are classed as U23 and just 6 players who are over the age of 23. Plus reduced the wage expenditure to £28k and are £8.5k under it now. We also have a transfer budget of £1.25m to spend in the next window if we need to. 

Good read this, Cancun is the team I was thinking of starting my long term save at too, so def following.

On 22/10/2021 at 13:28, Dereka said:

I did a Dorados save on an older FM purely because of their badge

2 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Good read this, Cancun is the team I was thinking of starting my long term save at too, so def following.

I did a Dorados save on an older FM purely because of their badge

Thank you very much! Cancun just felt right fit, new franchise team and a half decent starting squad but little expectation on them. 

7 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Thank you very much! Cancun just felt right fit, new franchise team and a half decent starting squad but little expectation on them. 

Same reason I'm tempted to start with them mate. What star rep do they start out as, is 1.5? Also did anyone get promoted end of first season?

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

I did try Cancun in FM21 but the lack of promotion after winning the League in 2nd season put me off. Also couldn't find many decent U-23's that didn't want to leave.

Interesting reading though.

I'm going to stick it out for as long as I can, yeah I've won the opening stage in the first season and lost in the final after finishing 5th, which does seem quite early to 'win' something but the challenge is having a good enough team to win the league when promotion is back on the agenda and then being able to stay up. 

1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

Same reason I'm tempted to start with them mate. What star rep do they start out as, is 1.5? Also did anyone get promoted end of first season?

Not sure as I've not got the game open in front of me. 

No there's no promotion or relegation to and from the top tier and no relegation from 2nd tier. 1 team was promoted this season to the 2nd tier to take the league from 17 to 18 teams. 

Mexican Expansion League Opening Stage - 2022/23

Through the course of the season I wasn't sure whether we strengthened or we were weaker but at the end of the opening stage we sat top, meaning we went into the opening stage finals as hot favourites. We faced Tempico Madero in the semi-final over two legs, we drew 2-2 away but smashed them 4-1 at home to progress. We faced Mineros in the final, again over two legs, again the first leg was away and we lost, 2-1. At home we had to overturn a one goal deficit and managed to do that by winning 4-3 in extra time, thankfully away goals didn't count and we went to penalties and we won 4-1. 

Table | Finals

Again it was Delgadillo who topped the scoring chart with 12 goals but Carlos Fierro scored 11 of his own. There was no out-and-out player who contributed the most assists, Pablo Lopez and Adrian Villalobos who both managed seven assists. 

We didn't lose too much money in this opening stage thanks to the sale of Barcenas for £400k. I've asked for the junior coaching to be upgraded but no word from the board yet. We were also offered two job interviews by same tier sides as us, Morelia and Atlante, two former top flight sides who are on the way down more so than up. I also signed a new 3-year contract with a small wage increase. 

ecda12480b27dd654b39471a250fbd19.png

2022/23 Youth Intake

Another weekend away has scuppered my FM plans but home now and have just had our 2nd youth intake. 

0b2797dcf7a71950232c348ff4554499.png

An excellent intake with some talented players and some depth in key positions but options across the board.

a77f83a3691a2222d9b3833f08daa68a.png

Three elite talents but none at 5* PA but could increase in time. 

Omar Cruz is the standout with 3* CA, he possesses good passing and a great first touch already with three solid attributes in vision, work rate and determination. Angel Carrillo and Rodolfo Padilla could become bench options in a couple of years time, with the latter being retrained to CB. 

2022/23 Season Review

Mexican Expansion League Closing Stage

It was very much how last season went, we won the opening stage and were poorer in the closing stage. However, we faired better in this closing stage by finishing in 3rd place, behind a strong Mineros side and the opening stages 2nd placed team Cimarrones. 

A 3rd place finish meant we had to begin the play-offs at the Preliminary stage again where we faced UdeG (University Guadalajara). We were pretty poor and only got a 1-1 draw but thankfully we are pretty good at penalties and duly won 4-2. We then faced Celaya in the quarter finals, we were away in the first leg and lost 1-0. At home we needed to overturn the defecit and duly did so with another quirky Mexican rule, we won 1-0 and went through on the virtue of being a higher seeded team. In the semi-final we beat Alebrijas home and away comfortably to reach the final, 4-1 on aggregate. In the said final we would face league winners Mineros. We lost the home leg 1-0 in a poor performance, we would have to be better away from home. Despite scoring twice in the away leg, we also conceded twice and lost the tie 3-2 on aggregate. 

d56118d15d550c1b607f6e20bc0ddead.png

For winning the opening stage overall we would face the winners of the closing stage Mineros in a repeat of the final we lost just days prior. The Expansion League Champions Trophy was again to be played over two legs and we were much better, winning the first leg 1-0 in their back yard. At home we shut them out and held out for a 0-0 draw and thus win the EL Champions Trophy 1-0 on aggregate. 

d6993892dde021ec458cc7a2989a900f.png

Daniel Delgadillo was fantastic again this season but missed pretty much the entirity of the play-offs through injury and would have probably added to his 29 goals this season. Thankfully Carlos Fierro took over the scoring mantle towards the end of the season and took his seasonal tally to 23. Just two players hit double figures for assists, with wide player Adrian Villalobos notching 12 and central midfielder Pablo Lopez getting 10. 

Financially we dipped under the £2m but we have three sponsorship deals ending this season which could see us profit there. I will look to improve either the recruitment or coaching once more over the summer with the view of another upgrade in the next season. 

000c5881c054a3c248f33cfad63c165f.png

The board have handed us a transfer budget of just short of £1m but I don't aim to even spend 1/5th of that whilst they've increased the wage budget to £45k per week whilst we're only spending just over £23k per week. 

94b72e4e9b34b8f087fce7bc6d54799f.png

36 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Good going winning the full thing mate. Still no promotions I take it?

Thank you very much. We're just building slowly, financially and facilities wise without over spending on wages.

No not yet, but there was a relegation from our league and a club promoted in its place. 

Squad - June 2023

I thought I'd try and have a more in depth look at our current squad after the end of our 2nd season. 

f2362ea74ee103abeaa4c5118c32c5a5.png

So, above is our whole first team which is sorted by age, oldest to youngest. Its worth mentioning again that age is one of the biggest factors which determines the make-up of the squad and the matchday selection of the team. The rules are;

2e73df0af69f42f49e7fc6233e42d873.png

A minimum of 3 Under-23 players in the starting eleven; we currently have 8 in the squad but they have to be Mexican to qualify for this rule. We also have to have a minimum of 8 Mexican born players in the playing 11, which is easily achieved as we only have 2 non-Mexican's in the first team squad. 

5e53118dcb79b91793f026bb3b600d68.png

We also have to comply with the league registration rules which are as above; a maximum of 8 Over-23 Players, of which we have to register a minimum of 18 players. 

From the squad view above we currently have 8 players over the age of 23 who fit this criteria but one of them (Padilla) is agreed to sign for Mazatlan whilst three others (Marquez, Parra and Tolosa) are set to leave at the end of their contracts. This gives me room to bring in 4 fresh faces over the age of 23 and not be breaking the rules. 

GK's

74d39f14e969fb0f24cd9bdbddb03ab7.png

We have two first team goalkeepers and both fit the U23 category, so this season will see us decide which to keep and which to replace with a younger GK. 

Defenders

9156b4552ad96126968e468bf7860020.png

We're pretty solid defensively but short in numbers now and have Parra and Tolosa leaving. Parra despite being good is not worth his £1.2k weekly wage. The remaining four players are our first choice defence so we need depth here urgently. 

Midfielders

ae19d88ab6b9b13afb6cb8ef389e2806.png

We look short here too, Padilla leaving leaves us with one wide player after we already sold the wantaway Tecpanecatl earlier in the month. Centrally we're fine, just need two new wingers. 

Strikers

c429a05100afa1c1b4d3f4aeba589eb8.png

Delgadillo and Fierro are the main two, Marquez is leaving and Lara isn't very good. We need at least two new players here. 

Shopping List

1. RB/CB (Mexican/U23)
  2. LB/CB (Mexican/U23)
  3. MR 
  4. ML (U23)
  5. ST (U23)
  6. ST

Lets get to work and see what we can do and can we keep within the rules and not have to not register players.