• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Title.png.56e0c2165889e55e7e6811384d6e89fc.png

ClubBadge.png.444973f2fcdbfe9e8df1dc301c447882.png

Season 28-29 Summary

So close, another play-off experience but sadly I wasn't strong enough to gain consecutive promotions.  Great 1st season in the National League though and finished 7th.

Vanarama National League

Table.thumb.png.4cfc1e1b115ca517739a3f86d9589fd4.png

Positions.png.fa5c3759a37862a5ba90ed0ede57a76b.png

FA Cup Qualifying

Not worth mentioning!

FA Trophy Cup

Not worth mentioning either!!

Future Plans

If I wasn't punching above my weight in the National North then I really was in the National League.  I just rode the feel good wave of last seasons promotion and managed a respectful 7th but lost in the semi final of the play-off.  I need to build on this and push again next season.

Edited by lc_xanthia

After my last attempt as being Hendon sadly my computer stopped working and had to do a complete re install of windows i setup this challenge again and this time i have got Chesham United and time to get this challenge started once again. Wish me luck 

image.thumb.png.c6ac86e5768589c364eac4e0fd5650e6.png

End of Season Review

Season 2023/24

Royston Town

The Newcomers - Cameo 5. Royston Town FC

Season Summary

It was another memorable season as promotion was secured through the playoffs and we retained the F. A. Trophy.

Season Details

League Table - After the start we had, I was delighted we managed to finish second and qualify for the promotion playoffs.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Our poor start to the season meant we were never in contention for the league title.  We did recover somewhat, however.

Promotion Playoffs - We got sweet revenge on Torquay for our F.A. Cup loss by hammering them in the semi final.  Southend, who finished third, awaited us in the final and in a nervy final, we sneaked home by the odd goal in five to secure promotion to the Football League.

F. A. Cup - A disappointing performance against fellow National League side Torquay eliminated the club at the first round stage in a replay.

F. A. Trophy - We breezed to another F. A. Trophy win and demolished Aldershot in the final.

Friendlies - A tough pre season campaign saw a very mixed bag of results.

Squad - We have some quality but currently lack the depth to challenge for another promotion.  The transfer window will be crucial.

Squad Dynamics - After such a great season, I am not sure this could be any better.

Transfers In 1, 2 & 3 - The usual raft of free transfers and loans arrived as I improved the quality of the squad.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - A lot of players I didn't feel were good enough left as did two relatively big sales, including one for our first ever six figure fee.

Youth Candidates - It was another dreadful intake, with midfielder Josh Williamson supposedly the pick of the bunch.  No one will be offered a contract.

Finances - Two appearances at Wembley ensured we made a handsome profit this year and are back into the black.

Key Players

Brett McGavin - The central midfielder had another brilliant season.

Zane Monlouis - Playing in central defence, the twenty year old was exceptional.

Caleb Chukwuemeka - Signed initially as a striker, I found he played better as a winger and became an automatic selection.

Amrit Bansal-McNulty - The former Northern Irish Under 21 international played on the right wing, opposite Caleb Chukwuemeka and he was lethal.

Sam Blair - Our goalkeeper was sensational one day and very ordinary the next.  He is the definition of inconsistent.

Next Season

We currently have the squad for a mid table finish I think, so with the right additions, I feel we can aim for a playoff spot.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2022/23    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National C ↑         4 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑
2023/24    Minimal = (1.50* ↑    National B ↑         7 ↑   7 ↑   2 =   2 ↑   1 =   2 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   6 ↑   1 =   6 ↑   7 ↑   6 ↑  10 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor                   0       Basic                 Basic            Basic              Local      (1.00*)
2022/23    Poor =               Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Basic        =   Basic        =     Local    = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Poor =               Poor =                 0 =     Basic =               Fairly Basic ↑   Fairly Basic ↑     Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23      60        44       13        3          121             39                 +82              73.33%
2023/24      58        36       10       12          107             62                 +45              62.07% ↓

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23          60        44       13        3         121              39                 +82               73.33%            329 days
2023/24         118        80       23       15         228             101                +127               67.80% ↓          701 days

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
28 January 2023    Oliver Turner             Central Midfielder     Pescara                      Italy                           £1,600
31 January 2023    Kaya Tshaka               Defensive Midfielder   Black Leopards               South Africa                    £2,500
 5 February 2023   Ola Okeowo                Right Back             Akwa United F.C. of Uyo      Nigeria                         £4,100
21 July 2023       Dominic Revan             Centeal Defender       Plymouth Argyle              England                       £100,000

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2022/23    Vanarama National League North
2022/23    F. A. Trophy
2023/24    F. A. Trophy

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League North (2022/23)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------
2 x F. A. Trophy (2022/23, 2023/24)

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st       First Round                     N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy winners.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              2nd ↑     First Round =                   N/a           Promoted via the playoffs.  F. A. Trophy winners.

Edited by DazRTaylor

KLFC_logoSM.png.b2b70e369906c8d4c1f264e1c5c5a6ce.png

Kings Langley 2029-30  3rd Season Premier 

A big improvement for us as we finished 6th in EPL and qualified for Europe. That finish and the excursion to Europa League was in doubt until the final match of the season. Our scoring punch came from our pair of Colombian Strikers- Julio Cesar Garcia and David Perez, along with Serbian Zvezdan Dakovic and Colombian winger Vladimir Bocanegra. Our defense was improved, but we still have work to do if we want to battle with the top clubs.  Aaron Maguire remains our mainstay in goal - as he has been since our 1st season, he just keeps getting better. 

If you want to follow along match-by-match I am posting the story in FM Stories Forum> A Bright Dawn- Kings Langley

image.png.3605d994cc307bda73acd9f8d7b70d37.png

image.png.0a55d8be76ad53f6e3db091a38eb00c3.png

Our future is bright with the youngsters starting to make impacts. The pictures are from Zealand's Newgan generator---highly reccommended.

image.png.2809e65f6da7990cfe0b09a6377e2eb5.png

F6ytQYA.png

Gainsborough Trinity - Season 2027/28 - National League - 12th

Season Review - There was promise before March but the season ended up closer to a relegation fight than a play off push.

League - (Fixtures 1) (Fixtures 2) (Positions)
A 9 match run without a win put to bed any hope that we might achieve something this year.

Cups - (FA Cup) (FA Trophy)
Colchester put an end to our FA Cup run. We went one better this year and were beaten by two penalties in the FA Trophy Quarter Final.

Transfers - I can't really say any of these were standout.

Finances - My wage budget stands at a pitiful 5.5k and I am unable to offer anyone any contracts. Things are not good.

Youth News -
Intake - Even if there was a star in the lot I had to let them all go as I couldn't even afford their meagre contracts.

Key Players -

Top Scorer and Assists - Keith Carville - In a record low goal scoring season it was left to our main man up front. The numbers weren't really spread around either. Not a good season.

Any other business - Man U vs Man City in the Champions League final went in City's favour.

Looking Forward - We have no money. We can't sign anyone. We will be losing key players after their contracts are up in the summer. I hope that a takeover materialises otherwise I feel this save is potentially coming to an untimely demise.

Season      League                       Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23	    National League North        5th	     Playoff semi-final
2023/24     National League North        13th
2024/25     National League North        1st         Champions!
2025/26     National League              12th
2026/27     National League              9th
2027/28     National League              12th

Apologies for lack of images. Imgur seems to be broken.

Title.png.97dfb29472014722e7de6ec3fe61e159.png

ClubBadge.png.073845647e6d701cb08833f9f9e3eb4b.png

Season 29-30

Vanarama National League

Another tough season.  Was never really in the race for promotion. Managed to avoid a relegation battle and finished 14th.  The money situation is getting worse and realistically can't mount a challenge with the players I have.

Table.thumb.png.31b87156048086d814e9e07e4612761d.png

Positions.png.aafbcf693e9608ed41dbedb5a09924c8.png

F6ytQYA.png

Gainsborough Trinity - Season 2028/29 - National League - 16th

Season Review - Despite being a really unfun season to play through, it has actually taught me quite a lot and because of that it was quite interesting. This was a season where I had to cut pretty much every element of the club. No youth players (though I didn't scrap the system), no signings besides loans and finally cutting back on the amount of staff I have. It's the first time I have ever been in a position where I have really had to think about expenditure and matching it to match day income. At least off the pitch, I think this season was a massive success.

Couldn't score. Couldn't stop letting goals in. If it wasn't for the string of 1-0 wins at the start of the season we would have been in trouble.

Didn't go far in either. Desperate for cups runs to provide a good injection of cash, even if it is just the reward money from a couple of wins.

Transfers - It was all about the loan signings this year and cutting the squad a lot.

Finances - The situation isn't solved but we have at least made money this year. Only another 7 seasons to go at this rate until we are in the black!

Youth News -
Intake - We have youth players again! One looks interesting.

Key Players -
Top Scorer - Keith Carville - Of course it is him again, though a low scoring season by his standards.

Top Assists - Joe Maguire and Peter Agbo - The award is split this year. Both players leaving at the end of the season.

Any other business - Early days in the save but there doesn't seem to be anything happening that's shaking up the leagues. Europe is being dominated by the English teams and it is incredibly dull.

Looking Forward - Try to improve a weak squad but keep the budget in mind. I really want to be more ambitious but until something changes financially we are stuck just trying to tread water.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2028/29     National League              16th

Title.png.9af2f0e3a590d922e27f63e1c2cc41ee.pngClubBadge.png.da641ff0d4c0d67329831b7c4fcb097b.png

Season 30-31 Review

Vanarama National League

A good season, just managed to scrape into the play-offs on the last day of the season.  A loss in the semi Final and the dream of promotion is over.  Hope for better next season. 

image.png.52d195b47db3f13a6748822854be9361.png 

League.thumb.png.6aa5f4c77b63475972eb28b97cdfba04.png

Positions.thumb.png.9ae6bf6b3409b118d22ee65f9e81c60a.png

Whitby Town

59f253cd84f12_118px-Whitby_town_fc(1).png.bbd6a36e55629eafb4f1a3cea9507cab.png

National League North – 2025/26 – 5th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A decent post-promotion season but I did believe we were strong enough for a second successive promotion so was partially disappointed. With ex-Liverpool Leighton Clarkson in midfield and ex-Man City striker Daniel Ogwuru scoring goals upfront we had the buildings of a good side. Unfortunately consistency was not our friend. After a strong start we couldn’t put together a further run of results. We were good enough to hand in the top 4 but a disastrous March with no wins in eight games consigned us to the lower reaches of the play of spots. A recovery in April helped and we ended up in fifth. A home tie against Oldham in the playoff first round saw us through 2-1 but defeat at Fylde ended our season.

Good recruitment for next season might see us good enough for promotion. Money is an issue though. We sold Maison Peel to Fulham for £200k which staved off an immediate issue but could start to bite again next season.

Key Players

Leighton ClarksonIn his second season with the club the ex-Liverpool midfielder was exceptional scoring 8 goals from set pieces.

Daniel Ogwuru The 21 year old striker signed from Man City and scored 24 goals.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23         National League North           5th      
2023/24         National League North           2nd                                             Playoff Finalists      
2024/25         National League North           1st                                             Champions, Promoted     
2025/26         National League                 5th

Well, as a Guiseley season ticket holder IRL this season has been pretty awful. Rooted bottom of the Conference North.. I've seen one win all season and relegation looks pretty nailed on. It's pretty bad of me, but part of me is actually excited I'll be able to play as them in this challenge next year! Also, I always used to play as Hastings United until they were relegation in 2013, after 9 years they look back on course for promotion and eligibility for this challenge.

Whitby Town

National League North – 2026/27 – 4th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

No promotion still in our second season in the National League but our financial future has been secured. Recruitment was difficult with the team much the same as it was last season. This meant that we saw little difference improvement in position with us finishing a position higher but only accruing one more point (80 points compared to last seasons 79). The play-offs were not much better either with us bowing out in the semi-finals.

On the positive side however our financial issues have been resolved. Star player Leighton Clarkson left for Wycombe on a £750k deal. This wiped out our debts and gave us a bit of a budget. We then reaped a further bonanza. Defender Maison Peel who we sold to Fulham last season transferred to Burnley. Because of a 40% sell on clause we inserted, we received an almost £1m bonus (although spread over multiple instalments). The money this has provided should allow us some decent recruitment next season and hopefully a crack at promotion.

Key Players

Jack HannahA good second at the club for the ex-Middlesbrough centre-back.

Daniel Ogwuru The strikers second season was an improvement scoring 27 goals.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24         National League North           2nd                                             Playoff Finalists      
2024/25         National League North           1st                                             Champions, Promoted     
2026/27         National League                 4th

Whitby Town

National League North – 2027/28 – 3rd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Promotion at the third time of asking. We were able to sign some good recruitments for this season including playmaker Lewis Bate from Leeds and Winger Lewis Dobin from Everton (who in real life I saw have an excellent game including a hattrick from the wing against Guiseley in last pre-season). Our return of 93 points was a big improvement on previous seasons but was only enough for 3rd place. We spent most of the season chasing Aldershot who were head and shoulders in the first half on the season. Aldershot collapsed however in the final third but it was Doncaster who ultimately finished top. They were just a little too strong for us. In the playoff final though we faced Aldershot who I was confident against due to their late season collapse and a 2-0 away win against them towards the end of the season. The final was a good game where we ran out 4-2 winners after being taken to extra time.

Key Players

Lewis DobbinThe ex-Everton winger created 9 assists in his 26 games after a November arrival.

Lewis Bate An excellent return of eight goals from central midfield for the ex-Leeds man.

Record

2027/28         National League                 3rd                                             Play-off Winners, Promoted

Dafuge Challenge - Grantham Town FC

It's the time of year when I usually wheel out Harry Wilder to take control of Grantham Town (my local club) in a Dafuge challenge that peters out after a season and a half, and ever the optimist, I'm back again! This time it's going to work out...

image.png.a9dcd7a2f3fbb59ab85c54bc1c6116f8.png

image.png.62618c3ba674b8d902c934cf7b0d7d31.png

Here's my manager profile

image.thumb.png.04384cf5cc4d37a0c28e324e45470cb1.png

The squad is an absolute shambles, with only 2 players who are at a Conference North level, and one of them doesn't really fit into my planned tactical system. The one player that is worth keeping looks very good for this level though, and if I can recruit the right players to give him the service he needs, I can see him scoring plenty of goals for us. With that in mind I offered him a new 2 year deal on day 1.

image.png.2dc2d9cf5a79c23af0cae6117711c3f2.png

I'm expecting a tough first season as I offer trials to the world and his wife in an attempt to build a squad capable of competing at this level, so my aims for season one are purely to survive whilst bringing in the players to help us push on in season two.

Bamberbridgefc.png.dc84f30f4157f330e28cff6650183cd4.png

Season 1 (2022/23) - Vanarama National League North

Competitions:

Overview

Vanarama National League North (Table| Results):

Board Expectation: Avoid relegation. Season Preview Odds: 7th (9-1).

Finish: 1st.

I was unsure if we would have the squad to get promoted this season after a major overhaul, but thanks to periods where we were able to go on several winning streaks we created a gap at the top of the league that meant Gateshead couldn't catch us. It was a two-horse race between us and Gateshead really, who were also too good for this league. We got off to a very good start, winning the opening 5 games of the season and we also ended quite strongly, going on a 7 match winning run from March to mid-April. We only picked up 1 win from the final 4 games and did our best to let Gateshead back in, but they thankfully also dropped vital points and we were crowned Champions after a 1-1 draw on the penultimate game of the season!

FA Cup (Results):

Finish: Knocked out in First Round by Peterborough United.

We had some favourable early ties which meant we could rotate the team and give our best XI a much needed rest. We easily got past Brightlingsea and St. Ives and then were drawn against Colchester in the final qualifying round. They ended up finishing as Champions of the Vanarama National, so our most impressive result of the season was knocking them out of the cup 1-0 with a snatch and grab victory. Peterborough were up next, who finished 6th in League One, and they just had too much quality and comfortably beat us 2-0.

FA Trophy (Results):

Finish: Knocked out in Third Round by Wrexham

Our stay in the FA Trophy was short lived. We managed to get through against Hemel Hempstead in the Second Round, but then we were easily beaten by Wrexham of the National League by 2 goals.

Club:

Squad | End of Season Awards The squad remained mainly injury free and I didn't have to use my fringe players so often. I had a few problems with players not happy with playing time, but by the end of the season this had been resolved.

Transfers: I overhauled a lot of the squad and thankfully got offers to take some dead wood on big wages off my hands. I made good use of the loan market and also brought in a lot of youth players who were happy to be Fringe players, whilst I worked out my best XI. Martin Svidersky, one of my starting CMs, has already signed with a Slovakian team and will join at the end of the season.

Club VisionExpected to avoid relegation in the Vanarama National. Was offered a new 1 year extension which now extends my stay until 2024.

Key Players: 

Harry Boyes - What a season from my LB. A 7.91 average rating in the league, with a massive 16 assists. He was my set piece taker and also provided a lot of good deliveries from the left. Signed a contract to stay again next season.

Tom Allan - My most reliable CB and a threat from set pieces, scoring 5 goals. He dominated in the air being 6'4" with 14 jumping reach. Looks likely to sign a deal to stay next season.

Elijah Dixon-Bonner - I was shocked this guy was interested in joining us given his quality. He was our highest paid player and was offered Star Player, playing most of our games. He performed very well as a box to box midfielder. Unfortunately, it seems like he is not interested in extended his contract right now, so will have to wait and see if we can keep him next season.

Nickseon Gomis - Another solid CB who played the majority of the matches alongside Allan. He provided some pace to the backline and was consistent throughout the season.

Conor Carty - The main man up top, scoring 24 league goals. He was signed on a non-contract and expected to be backup but started scoring and never looked back. A great season for him.

Best Youth Intake Player: I signed a few youth players and this was the best one - Louis Brady

Overall Best ElevenAs expected

FinancesThey look ok for now!

Manager ProfileAt the end of the season, the board finally agreed to let me start the coaching course for the National C Licence

Season    Team           League                            Finish    FA Cup      FA Trophy   Top Goalscorer  Most Assists  Notes  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23   Bamber Bridge	 Vanarama National League North	    1st	     1st Round   3rd Round   Carty (24)      Boyes (16)    Promoted as Champions!

image.png.d586e6260c2fef6c2e1fa75759ec29b6.png

ClubBadge.png.da641ff0d4c0d67329831b7c4fcb097b.png

Season 32-33 Review

Sky Bet League Two

Another great season.  Started slow but built momentum towards the end.

Really starting to build a young consistent squad that I can shape into the tactics that I have been using (4-2-3-1 Counter Attack)

image.thumb.png.ca2e9c6dca884791e7049fc2585614c1.png

image.thumb.png.9f17bb8c32f3d30dc7ef953fc79cdcee.png

Edited by lc_xanthia

My Attempt At This Challenge

So I have decided to give this a challenge a go as I was getting bored of a few of my recent FM saves and I wanted something to get my teeth into. 

Here is my set up.

image.thumb.png.186c46097a0fa196d151a41404fa8e1f.png

Database

image.thumb.png.d83baab86197103b3c767dc73f225d80.png

image.thumb.png.834a38bb3406ae12546f2360ce862629.png

I am doing a few reloads to find a team I like. Margate stands out cos their kits this season look awesome but their rep is pretty high. I want to try find a team with a lowish rep to make it harder.

I will post in here once I have found a team I like.

image.png.354c620079913dcabd08f3218f1eae04.png

image.png.e4b8325349850ff8fa5cedf2c996936a.png

Season 33-34 Review

Sky Bet League One

Incredible season, promotion again.  Just narrowly missed automatic promotion but won in the play-offs.  I am very happy with my players this season.  They just kept grinding out results.

image.png.53e3bbd4b91da90aead6373cf550f71d.png

image.thumb.png.ac82eb90ab5fb2d23c81810cf0557de1.png

image.thumb.png.38b621540cb5ef98d90b754be12c10e3.png

Edited by lc_xanthia

I Have Decided The Team I Am Managing

download.jpg.baf46bf639bc7ebd6ccaa32321800148.jpg

No this isn't an error. The team I am going to manage has WWE NXT UK as their shirt sponsor so I saw that as a sign as I am a big Wrestling fan and NXT UK is one of my favourite Wrestling shows. 

So the team I have picked is Enfield Town.

image.thumb.png.35f976fddbbd2f26150a94f9161f26ad.png

download.jpg.b5c30f5d2efb53039a86c1d5330becef.jpgdownload.jpg.7fe24ac689bcaca6a0ca867a5772ce79.jpgdownload.jpg.2c9e5d1a42fe7c4a876d351873528776.jpg

This is my manager style. No badges and Sunday League rep.

image.thumb.png.9a14ecf6ae335ae30afe107f25061189.png

image.thumb.png.93edfe89ef2604205b7bb14cb162bad8.png

Enfield Town or known to their fans as the Towners have only been a football club for 21 years now. Their only silverware is 2 x English Essex Senior League titles which they won in 2003 and 2005.

With a decent 2,500 capacity stadium called The Queen Elizabeth II Stadium it will hopefully get filled very quickly.

We have a media prediction of 15th. I think we can achieve that in the first season.

By the looks of my best starting eleven I am lacking strikers. That is something I will need to rectify very quickly.

image.thumb.png.ed203ea982c41d2c5a7f560701319963.png

The board has already agreed to send me on a coaching course for my National C License. 

image.thumb.png.a331de9ef92e0b0ea245227c24174cb2.png

I will do an update once I get pre season out of the way and I have bought in new players etc.

Whitby Town

League Two – 2028/29 – 4th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

In our first season in the football league we pushed hard for an immediate first promotion but ultimately weren’t consistent enough to challenge the top three. Recruitment was tricky with improvements difficult to make. We were weaker than I’d have liked in defence and the midfield took a blow when I decided to sell star midfielder Lewis Bate to Huddersfield for £1m. He was out of contract at the end of the season, unlikely to sign another one and the money was too tempting. Some promising signings were made such as playmaker Rekeem Harper but in attack I was reliant on three ageing forwards all over 30.

Form was difficult to maintain all season but it was the run in through March that cost us with too many draws. In the playoffs we were average losing 2-0 away at Accrington and then equalising that at home with a 2-0 first half lead only to concede twice in the second half and bow out 4-2 on aggregate.

Key Players

Rekeem Harper A £2m signing for Bristol City two years earlier, the Jamaican international was the pick of my midfield.

Zak Sturge The ex-Brighton leftback was a consistent presence in defence.

Record

2027/28         National League                 3rd                                             Play-off Winners, Promoted
2028/29         League Two                      4th      

Whitby Town

League Two – 2029/30 – 1st

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A fantastic second season in League two saw promotion never in doubt. We were actually promoted before the end of February with the only question being how many points we would accrue. An impressive attacking trio of Ken Aboh, Joe Powell and Aidan Barlow all scored double figures in both goals and assists with Aboh’s 35 goals being particularly impressive. The central defensive partnership of Isaac De Pass and on-loan Burnley defender Kion Frestle should equally be given it’s due though.

Key Players

Ken Aboh The ex-Norwich man was a real find upfront hitting 35 goals in 45 games.

Isaac De Pass Centre-back signed after his release from West Ham, De Pass was a rock at the back.

Record

2027/28         National League                 3rd                                             Play-off Winners, Promoted
2029/30         League Two                      1st                                             Champions, Promoted            

Enfield Town FC 1st Season Review

download.jpg.35c0c7d74765f6dbe4988eca2e9a7d66.jpg

Vanarama National League South - 22/23 Season - 5th(Promoted Through The Playoffs)

image.thumb.png.606287850cb6a05146daa6968fdd4415.png

In the play offs we beat Hampton & Richmond 3-2 in extra time in the first round, a 2-1 win vs Dulwich Hamlett in the Semi's and then we beat Yeovil 2-1 in the Final.

image.thumb.png.b1e1f0757b34c0c0fc3b6ffe97cb8ba6.png

Key Players

Muhammadu Faal - 25 Year Old Gambian Striker

image.thumb.png.58cc082fb2c689c69df1f5b9504af4ef.png

My star striker Faal banged in 26 goals and got 8 assists. He also had the best average rating at the club with a 7.39 average rating for the season.

Emmanuel Maja - 21 Year Old English Central Midfielder

image.thumb.png.b9e20d15e71e66a2630e26ff1a81534b.png

Maja was amazing this season with 8 goals and a massive 17 assists for the season. He nearly pipped Faal for the best player of the season. 

22/23         Vanarama National League South      5th              N/A                     Promoted Through The Play Offs

This Will Help With Finances

image.thumb.png.7c695d3bc20fecc9c41ae196b4f424f9.png

My stadium isn't good enough to play in the Vanarama Conference so we are moving to The Breyer Group Stadium formerly known as Brisbane Road Stadium that Leyton Orient play their games. Their capacity is 9,311 which is treble what my stadium can hold. 

No idea how much revenue we will get and how much Leyton Orient get from our games but hopefully it will help us get some big crowds in and bring in some much needed funds.

Enfield Town FC Season 2 Review

download.jpg.6b57fc72eed9aa0a974bce81591d4499.jpg

Vanarama Conference - 23/24 Season - 7th Place Finish - Promoted Through The Playoffs

image.thumb.png.4ad899425b841f0a161ab2ea71ddc135.png

We hit form at the right time and managed to just scrape into the play offs and then went on a well timed winning run with us beating Torquay in the Play Off 1st round 3-1, beating Exeter 2-1 in the Semi's and then finally beating Wrexham in the Play Off Final 2-1. We overachieved again. 

image.thumb.png.7d0a1900893768c7c150ae9bc333e92b.png

Key Players

Muhammadu Faal - 26 Year Old Gambian Striker

image.thumb.png.557911729ce46ee5499336aa48f01287.png

Faal stepped up again and ended up scoring more goals this season then he done last season. 26 goals in 45 games. I am hoping he stays with us until we get into the Prem as it would be cool to bring a few of the players I started with up with me but a lot of them aren't good enough to play in League 1 never mind the Prem. Faal might be the exception.

Kaelan Casey - 19 Year Old English Central Defender

image.thumb.png.d88de422219c541cc38f7c943df89292.png

Casey got the best average rating in the club and was solid in the centre of defence. He loves a yellow card though with him picking up 20 yellow cards but luckily only 1 red card this season. 

Casey Pettit - 20 Year Old English Central Midfielder

image.thumb.png.4c2cd6ae8198e4cc5f798feea1e905c1.pngPettit was very good in central midfield with 11 goals and 9 assists. He also had a very good average rating of 7.04.

Season         League                                               Position          Europe                        Achievements

22/23        Vanarama National League South         5th               N/A               Promoted Through The Play Offs

23/24        Vanarama Conference                             7th               N/A               Promoted Through The Play Offs

Enfield Town FC Season 3 Review

download.jpg.9624b37ff9ddec965d484034a201e724.jpg

Sky Bet League Two - 24/25 Season - 13th

image.thumb.png.4582ba4f70f5267c7db8b4b6adfacc56.png

A nice, safe mid-table finish is the best I could of asked for from these players making the step up from part time to full time. Something to build on for next season. I want to get into the play offs next season or at least a bit higher up the league.

Key Players

Jamie Soule - 24 Year Old English Striker

image.thumb.png.e11f8d260b1a3f4b61e3f610daf9d19b.png

I managed to sign Soule on a free transfer and he has been amazing. A striker I can see scoring in the Prem with us in a few years. He is very good. 18 goals and 8 assists for the season. I know he can score more as well. I am excited to see what he can do next season.

Kaelan Casey - 20 Year Old English Centre Back

image.thumb.png.02cb7a6c14d42d02834c92517296a19d.png

My super centre Kaelan Casey has had another outstanding season for us. He was the solid foundation that keep us in the league. He also got our best average rating with a 7.44. 

Jack Baxter - 24 Year Old English Winger

image.thumb.png.d0da0847832fe986ed478d9ad142a90b.png

Super Jack Baxter was our creative force for the season with 9 assists and he also got 10 goals. A very good player we got on a freebie from Preston. 

Season         League                                               Position          Europe                        Achievements

22/23        Vanarama National League South         5th               N/A               Promoted Through The Play Offs

23/24        Vanarama Conference                             7th               N/A               Promoted Through The Play Offs

24/25        Sky Bet League Two                                 13th             N/A                

Enfield Town FC Season 4 Review

download.jpg.4d45075ad0b6b895e6ad4e1cbe2ff9e2.jpg

Sky Bet League Two - 25/26 Season - 5th(Promoted Through The Play Offs)

image.thumb.png.5800c8e8c3ebd575d5e25226ed5b1cad.png

A great season for us with us getting promotion to League One. We also managed a nice little FA Cup run with us getting to the 4th round with us eventually losing to West Ham 2-0.

image.thumb.png.949b1d45d1ee216dabfd40679b746236.png

Key Players

Jamie Soule - 25 Year Old English Striker

image.thumb.png.37ee72d2e3938e57d8cd2cd60de7d03c.png

Jamie Soule was our main man up front with 27 goals and 5 assists.  He is doing well and I think he can make the step up to League One football next season.

Kaelan Casey - 21 Year Old English Centre Back

image.thumb.png.3e09328e030bc88fa625273e6ed0d297.png

Our best player again was Kaelan Casey. Solid as a rock again and got the best average rating of 7.34. Only 21 years old as well. He will only get better.

Dave Morgan - 19 Year Old Welsh Winger

image.thumb.png.f6b2328ccc9611f31a11f94664f0a5ee.png

Dave Morgan is a Welsh winger we have on loan from West Brom and he has been amazing this season with the most assists at the club with 10. A very good addition who I am hoping to keep on loan for another season or 2.

24/25        Sky Bet League Two                                 13th             N/A                

25/26        Sky Bet League Two                                  5th              N/A               Promoted Through The Play Offs

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

F6ytQYA.png

Gainsborough Trinity - Season 2029/30 - National League - 3rd

Season Review - Finances in a state. Having to be choosey with my signings. Not having much hope but boundless ambition. How does the season end? Playoff winners. Gainsborough are in the Football League!

After the first match we never left the top half. A brief flirtation with top spot led to us settling in 3rd place though that was not guaranteed after a poor end of season.

Playoffs - (Fixtures)
Thanks to some tactical rain dances before the last weekend, our final match of the season against Harrogate was postponed which ended up making the other side of the playoff bracket play all their matches in the space of a week. Going into the final we dominated a tired and lacklustre Torquay side but only managed a single goal.

No real cup runs in either trophy. We leave the FA Trophy behind having not gone further than the quarter finals.

Transfers - The loan signings were key again this year but a massive transfer fee out really helped steady the finances.

Finances - The Wembley win effectively halved our debt and we are now listed as 'okay' finances.

Youth News -
Intake - With our promotion to League Two any prospect I thought interesting are now looking decidedly less exciting.

Key Players -
Top Scorer - Keith Carville - He's been dangerous at non-league level. Can he make the step up to League Two?

Top Assists - Reuben Moyle - My top transfer target this summer. Provided the assists. Scored the winner at Wembley.

Any other business - The Northolme was not up to scratch and so we are being forced to add 1,750 seats with a massive loan on top of it. Hopefully our income will be boosted in a higher league to accommodate.

Looking Forward - I've never made it this far in a Dafuge save, having reached a plateau of the National League in my last two attempts. Nervous about managing the step up but with the right signings I think we stand a good chance.

2028/29     National League              16th
2029/30     National League              3rd         Playoff winners!

Bamberbridgefc.png.dc84f30f4157f330e28cff6650183cd4.png

Season 2 (2023/24) - Vanarama National League

Competitions:

Overview

Vanarama National League (Table| Results):

Board Expectation: Avoid relegation. Season Preview Odds: 7th (12-1).

Finish: 1st.

After adding some better quality to the first team and keeping hold of some our better players to be used in the squad, we were in a good position before the season started. Then we were able to add a few more as it begun to give a bit more strength in depth. We got off to an excellent start, being unbeaten until November in the league and not picking up too many draws either. This propelled us to the top of the league. Only defeats to Halifax and Wrexham slowed us down until we hit March with about an 8 point gap over Wrexham in 2nd place, who also just kept on winning and winning. We then went on to draw 5 straight matches and suddenly Wrexham were level on points and it was going right down to the wire. We went into the penultimate game, which was Wrexham away, 1 point ahead at the top - it went terribly and we lost 2-0. It looked like the dream of being champions was over and we would have to settle for playoffs unless a miracle happened. We played relegated Barrow at home and managed a comfortable 2-0 win. Wrexham played Barnet away and amazingly lost this 2-1 and handed us the title. I expect them to win the playoffs after missing out on automatic promotion, even though they beat us home and away and finished on a massive 107 points. Promoted again and on we go to League Two!

FA Cup (Results):

Finish: Knocked out in Third Round by Watford.

A great run in the FA Cup, which saw us reach the Third Round for the first time and generate a bit of income. We comfortably saw off Witton in the qualifying round and then knocked out Rochdale (admittedly playing reserves) in an impressive away performance. We then struggled to get passed Halifax, but did eventually after an unwanted replay. A good draw away to rock bottom of the Premier League Watford came next. It was always going to be a tough ask and I was just happy to take a nice bit of income from gate receipts, but we made the tie interesting. We managed to stay in the game, coming back from behind twice to equalise, but then Maguire was sent off for a second yellow on 90 minutes. Watford then scored two in quick succession in injury time to knock us out. A good effort.

FA Trophy (Results):

Finish: Knocked out in Fourth Round by Barrow

This was very disappointing and I felt we should have made it a lot further. We knocked out Barwell easily and then drew Barrow who were struggling in the league. It came at a time where we had a lot of matches and needed to rest first team players. It was a poor match and they snuck a 1-0 win to knock us out. Maybe our last chance to win that trophy gone since we got promoted to League Two.

Club:

Squad | End of Season Awards It was quite a small squad and we really struggled with injuries and fatigue at times, even though we were scraping results consistently. We had a long term injury to Quitongo who played LM most of the season, then his backup Hilsser didn't get a work permit renewed and had to be released. We were excellent at the back, but our strikers struggled to score.

Transfers: I kept some key players from last season and tried to add as much National League quality as I could.

Club VisionExpected to avoid relegation in League Two. Was offered a new 2 year extension until 2026!

Key Players: 

Harry Boyes - Player of the season once again and fan favourite! Another impressive season and 14 assists this time in the league. Let's see how he manages another level up.

Ronny Nelson - A rock at the back. 6'5" with 16 jumping reach, he won everything in the air. Chipped in with 6 league goals too.

Gary Shaw - Carried his good form from last season into this one. I expected him to play as a backup, but he started 27 league games and was our top goalscorer with 16 goals.

Luke Matheson - The plan was to play Josh Dawodu RB, but he left to Hartlepool. Matheson was an amazing replacement in the first team and didn't disappoint 11 assists is amazing considering he is not taking set pieces.

Will Forrester - On loan from Stoke and the partner to Nelson for most of the season at the back. He was very consistent and scored 7 goals. Looking into keeping him on for next season.

Best Youth Intake Player: The youth intake wasn't great, but this guy looks ok - Andre Smith

Overall Best ElevenNice to see a mix of players from both seasons here now

FinancesA bit of a boost from the FA Cup run. Still looks ok.

Manager ProfileThe board allowed me to begin the coaching course for the National B Licence, once the season had ended

Season    Team           League                            Finish    FA Cup      FA Trophy   Top Goalscorer  Most Assists  Notes  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23   Bamber Bridge	 Vanarama National League North	    1st	     1st Round   3rd Round   Carty (24)      Boyes (16)    Promoted as Champions!
2023/24   Bamber Bridge  Vanarama National League           1st      3rd Round   4th Round   Shaw (16)       Boyes (14)    Promoted as Champions!

Enfield FC Season 5 Review

download.jpg.9c9d7dac48fc280b739a271b50a42622.jpg

Sky Bet League One - 26/27 Season - 15th

image.thumb.png.e7151e38921b3241aff566022ba936da.png

A nice mid table season for my first season in League 2. We were quite close to the play offs at one point but tailed off near the end. I also managed to get to the FA Quarter Finals losing to 6-3 to Chelsea.

image.thumb.png.98e70e76cc16730cda8bae38f7e47600.png

Key Players

Jamie Soule - 26 Year Old English Striker

image.thumb.png.9c12b512fac2bfc10465ecea6b38d2e9.png

A decent debut season in League One for Soule with 13 goals in 24 games. He was injured a bit and I also played other players. I think if he played more he would of scored more. I am hoping he gets a few more to get us promoted next season.

Kaelan Casey - 22 Year Old English Centre Back

image.thumb.png.79c136b79c0b3de06d1070e261b8aa19.png

Kaelan Casey aka Mr.Enfield has had another superb season in central defense with a solid display and always performing at his best. He is going to be the Fans Player Of The Season for the 3rd season in a row. He also had the best average rating of 7.15.

Mark Robson - 24 Year Old English Winger

image.thumb.png.4e464f0341f50638af14cbfac1cc711e.png

Robson played very well on either wing for me. He got the most assists at the club with 11 and 7 goals. 

25/26        Sky Bet League Two                                  5th              N/A               Promoted Through The Play Offs

26/27        Sky Bet League Two                                 15th             N/A 

image.png.1b2c554c1c20dc07cdfafec3b8d0afa7.png

image.png.1abab87bf653acc1e12aa17778a9a530.png

Season 34-35 Review

Sky Bet Championship

Disaster! Relegation!

Very difficult season. The team were not ready for Championship football.

Finished bottom and a rebuild needed.  The current crop of players are not good enough.

image.thumb.png.2511547fa14d5b9e2783341ecfd03854.png

image.thumb.png.7aed366ebbff01483b4282d096a5099f.png

Whitby Town

League One – 2030/31 – 3rd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A good first season in League One brought us very close to promotion. In pre-season we were unable to strengthen significantly with the only significant recruit for the first XI being a loan signing, Baran Gedik from Man United. We still acquitted ourselves well with a 85 point haul taking us close to automatic promotion. Better form in the run in might have even seen us promoted having picked up only a single point from the final three games.

A 2-2 draw away at Charlton in the first leg of the play-off semis bode well but a poor defeat 2-1 at home ended promotion hopes.

Key Players

Ken Aboh A decent return of 23 league goals from the ex-Norwich man.

Leighton Clarkson Club Captain who has represented Whitby at every level from National North to League One in two spells with the club.

Record

2029/30         League Two                      1st                                             Champions, Promoted                    
2030/31         League One                      3rd           

image.png.9495150842247d5dbc6b3b507bfbb656.png

image.png.0a1307c7cd9fdb39d6871519e19257db.png

Season 35-36 Review

Sky Bet League One

I have managed to bounce straight back to the Championship.  I kept the players that had performed well in the championship the season before and brought in some real quality.  They never looked like failing in the promotion challenge.  A few of my better players had relegation release clauses but so far managed to keep them. Championship here we come!!

image.thumb.png.9c8bfd633ba65e546fc5799cad656c18.png

image.png.9b98924de7126b79443138d66a7e0bac.png

Edited by lc_xanthia