Who are the AI as Newcastle buying in your games?

Januzaj as the big Jan transfer for 41m (sold a couple year later to Everton for 20m). For 22/23, Wijndal for 51m (has done well), Aarons for 49m and Ings for 39.5m (both average at best). 23/24 saw Lacroix for 63m (sold for a profit to Real 2 years later) and Weigl for 49.5m (disappointing). Their record signing is Schlager who was bought 73m. Spent 3 years rotting on Bayern's bench, making a total of just 10 apps, but Bayern were still able to sell him for 73m, how?

They've hired (and sacked) Flick, Mourinho and Conte and currently have Emery in charge. They've finished 16th, 17th, 13th and 13th in the league. Well worth the money spent! :D

1 hour ago, decapitated said:

January 2022 has come around. 

image.thumb.png.c10b5c42c98039bb47f931ab2bcbe6aa.png

It’s quite interesting as I holidayed half a season just to see what they would do. 
Brendan Rodgers was the manager, they hadn’t brought anyone in the summer window then only brought sarr from Watford in, in the January window.

So obviously very random who they buy.

Rodgers the manager in my save as well, but they haven't signed anyone apart from the ones hardcoded at the start (Willock, etc), and it's well after the end of the transfer window.

I'm managing in Serie A so don't have the league on full detail, mind. 

24 minutes ago, Welshace said:

I'm going to guess that you don't have a lot of leagues loaded, or at the very least, it's heavily weighted towards the english leagues...

I'm playing as the England national team so I've got England, Scotland, Germany, Spain, Italy and France loaded.

They immediately hired Flick, then tried to buy Ruben Loftus-Cheek from me for $7.5M. I didn't really want to sell him, so I bumped it up to $25M with $10M additional with installments and a 30% sell on fee, thinking they'd get the hint and **** off. They accepted it immediately, which shocked me. 

They try.

image.thumb.png.579c7ce5679310fe9613977e3a6c7c9f.png

After splashing a lot of cash they finally gotten top 4 in the last couple seasons. Still far away from challenging for the title though, Manchester clubs are far too dominant and this season their start isn't all that great (7th in December). Definitely not doing as poorly as in some other saves here though!

Their actual squad now in 2027:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.11eafc9a43be4820585c67e803ea3939.png

January 2023  window and only Ronnie Edwards 4.5M from Peterborough was signed. One month on and Rodgers has been sacked with the club currently 17th in the table.

This is their current starting XL under the caretaker coach.

image.thumb.png.73873435e0687073219a83f0a05bd49e.png

image.thumb.png.b9025048e2fcfc695312081d7334cc03.png

Geraldo Martino is now manager and they also signed Reiss Nelson from Arsenal for £34.5M on 20th June 2023 which ended up on the previous screen. Is it just me or is this window showing Newcastle considerably overpaying for some of these players?

On 22/10/2021 at 03:18, decapitated said:

I just checked and they appointed Brendan Rodgers in my game. I just assumed they'd have Steve Bruce due to him being sacked so near release day.

The appoint Rodgers in mine too, offered me £20m for Calum Chambers.

7 hours ago, decapitated said:

image.thumb.png.b9025048e2fcfc695312081d7334cc03.png

Geraldo Martino is now manager and they also signed Reiss Nelson from Arsenal for £34.5M on 20th June 2023 which ended up on the previous screen. Is it just me or is this window showing Newcastle considerably overpaying for some of these players?

I think transfer fees get inflated way too fast. Both between AI clubs and negotiations with the human club.

There’s no way my 26 year old career backup with a grand total of 22 Premier League appearances (78 total league appearances) should both be valued by the game for £49m or getting an offer for that amount.

Edited by Harper

11 hours ago, decapitated said:

Is it just me or is this window showing Newcastle considerably overpaying for some of these players?

Is that completely unrealistic? Newcastle's new owners are richer than everyone else in the league combined; more than 10x the net worth of Man City's owners. Other clubs are well aware of this and it's likely they will exploit it to the fullest extent by charging a "Newcastle tax".

Didn't have first window enabled. In the January window these were Newcastle's transfers:
image.thumb.png.435ae32b225cc5cee87e7039456e6365.png

Manager, predictably, is Brendan Rodgers - seems to be a standard appointment in FM22. They're currently sat in 9th at the beginning of Feb.

Edited by rp1966

While simulated a few seasons, i just noticed that each summer they are always spending 151M€

No matter what for the last 3 seasons, always the same amount

No world beaters at all btw

Edit: MB they spent more than that in reality, just not checked well

Edited by nico_france

I think mine is broken.

They bought no one. 2 transfer windows, not a single transfer. When I go into the staff, they don't have a manager. They only have 2 guys, I don't remember their job, but it's like a scout and a physio or something like that. When I go in manager history, it tells me there isn't any.

Someone else has that? I selected PL and other clubs do some transfers.

Unfortunately this highlights how bad the AI is with money. I know this is an extreme situation, but the AI rarely beats the status quo and you end up with the same teams winning everything season after season in long term saves. It would be nice if it was more dynamic.

55 minutes ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

I think mine is broken.

They bought no one. 2 transfer windows, not a single transfer. When I go into the staff, they don't have a manager. They only have 2 guys, I don't remember their job, but it's like a scout and a physio or something like that. When I go in manager history, it tells me there isn't any.

Did you turn the first transfer window off?

1 hour ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

I think mine is broken.

Have you got the English league loaded?

On 24/10/2021 at 00:32, autohoratio said:

Is that completely unrealistic? Newcastle's new owners are richer than everyone else in the league combined; more than 10x the net worth of Man City's owners. Other clubs are well aware of this and it's likely they will exploit it to the fullest extent by charging a "Newcastle tax".

However Spending the initial 200m budget puts you 70m in the red to meet the CL FFP rules, so AI managers should be trying to curb spending or risk being banned from Europe (PS has anyone seen them banned from Europe ?)

So far

This is what they did, a few signings seem to be common in a lot of save

This is a fully simulated save, transfers disabled for the first window

In the meantime, best position in the league for Newcastle was 8th (2nd season)

Otherwise 9th for all the other seasons, except the first one (11th)

Brendan Rodgers, still in charge from the beggining of the save

NC 21.png

nc 22.png

nc 23.png

nc 24.png

nc 25.png