Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

They'll pick a date for the coronation, and every one else will having to work around it. It's going to be several months before the earliest chance it happens I think though. But they will absolutely give zero ****s about football, or much else. 

And nor should they.

1 minute ago, Confused Clarity said:

Don't think he got slaughtered for it really. People got slaughtered for not slaughtering him more than anything.

Tbf I didn't read any of the coverage on it, just what I took from this thread. I didn't get the backlash tbh, seemed unwarranted.

20 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

They'll pick a date for the coronation, and every one else will having to work around it. It's going to be several months before the earliest chance it happens I think though. But they will absolutely give zero ****s about football, or much else. 

Its likely to be in the summer 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11227425/Man-arrested-trying-jump-barriers-Queens-coffin-emerges-procession.html

A man has been arrested after he tried to leap over a barrier before the Queen's coffin procession began making its way through the streets of London today following a moving state funeral service for the late monarch.

Thousands of mourners were gathered to watch the Queen's coffin make its final journey, after having queueing through the night to bag a prime vantage point.

One of the attendees attempted to jump the barriers onto Parliament Street by the Cenotaph and was arrested by police as the late monarch's coffin emerged from Westminster Abbey just before the full procession got underway.

3 minutes ago, Rafalution said:

Why would people discussing politics boggle someones mind?

Because it’s a football manager forum, ask someone that’s not here if that seems weird - I bet they’d agree 

Edited by Barnzy

3 minutes ago, Barnzy said:

Because it’s a football manager forum, ask someone that’s not here if that seems weird - I bet they’d agree 

But it's the OTF of a Football Manager forum that has 376k members. Of course there's going to be discussions of all kinds.

If you look at the sizes of the threads in this particular sub-forum it's actually weirder to discuss Football Manager than it is any kind of politics or world event.

3 hours ago, Confused Clarity said:

I'm watching it today because I'm utterly fascinated by this kind of thing.

I understand why people would rather not watch it for sure. I suspect some are surprised I'd be watching it. But just something about it all that I find so compelling.

You so thirsty for the queen :brock:

13 minutes ago, Weezer said:

But it's the OTF of a Football Manager forum that has 376k members. Of course there's going to be discussions of all kinds.

If you look at the sizes of the threads in this particular sub-forum it's actually weirder to discuss Football Manager than it is any kind of politics or world event.

I’m not saying it’s weird, I’m saying there could be a perception that it’s weird 

4 minutes ago, Rafalution said:

That a massive busy forum has an off topic section? 

That a forum for people that play a football management game having a politics thread could be perceived as a strange place for it, I’m not saying it’s weird but you can understand there could be a perception that it’s weird from people that are not involved 

I spent most of the day hoovering, only saw the part where they were sat down singing and when they drove on horse ****. You would really think someone would clear that up for the queen to ride pass ffs.  No idea whats suppose to happen now? Seem to to be driving down a long road to somewhere without the rest of the family?

Just now, Deltaroad said:

I spent most of the day hoovering, only saw the part where they were sat down singing and when they drove on horse ****. You would really think someone would clear that up for the queen to ride pass ffs.  No idea whats suppose to happen now? Seem to to be driving down a long road to somewhere without the rest of the family?

They are going to St George's Chapel in Windsor to bury her.

10 minutes ago, Rafalution said:

No, you're just in the camp of 'people are different'/'it's just my opinion' - i.e the group that feel they never need to justify the nonsense that they say and can just use those phrases as a get out.

But i have no issue with people who have been camping to view the coffin going past. My Point was everyone will find something weird doesn't mean they are right or wrong or anything