Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Looking at the TV Guide, every channel is showing the funeral or something related to the Queen (all BBC channels, all ITV channels, all Sky channels, the History channel, etc. are showing the funeral, Channel 4 showing royal documentaries) except Channel 5, which is showing The Emoji Movie. And honestly, I'm not sure which is worse.

Channel 5 openly said they picked family movies to allow children to watch something instead of the funeral.  

16 minutes ago, Weezer said:

I would be very, very sceptical of that number. 'Only' half the population of the UK watched her funeral, and they're saying more than an extra 2 billion people from around the world did? Nah :D 

Do they realise how big a number a billion is?!

They probably went by the assumption of X country showed it on their national TV, X country has X population so add that to the total that watched.

1 minute ago, pearcey_90 said:

They probably went by the assumption of X country showed it on their national TV, X country has X population so add that to the total that watched.

The thing is as well is you won't have had to watch the full thing to have 'watched' it.  Just a percentage.  Loads of people will have watched it partially to be classed as seeing it.  It'll be the same here with this I think.

4 minutes ago, mrw072 said:

The thing is as well is you won't have had to watch the full thing to have 'watched' it.  Just a percentage.  Loads of people will have watched it partially to be classed as seeing it.  It'll be the same here with this I think.

They'll just lie anyway like they have with Diana. They'll come up with an even more fanciful number because you can't have less people watching the Queen's funeral than Diana's. I'm going to guess they go with 3+ billion.

11 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

Channel 5 openly said they picked family movies to allow children to watch something instead of the funeral.  

Of all the classic family movies though they've gone with one that's often been described in the "worst films of all time" category. I don't know what it is but it feels like they're sending some sort of message :D 

1 minute ago, Nordan said:

People pulling the cart, weird.

Mentioned it earlier, but it's because, when Queen Victoria died in 1901, the horses refused to be cooperative, so instead they had it pulled by the guards.

It's then been done at every one since. This will be the 5th funeral its happened at including Victoria's.