Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

Okay, sometimes I have to admit I was wrong about some things, and as I know people have enjoyed admonishing me, this will come as a great shock.

Someone on discord posted an image and it surprised me.

8s5iv4gt9mo91.jpg

Yes, the funeral is on adult channels. That's a bit bizarre.

Looking through my planner I see all Sky channels; sport or entertainment, have the funeral. BBC1, BBC2, ITV and C4 have associated programs until 5 and the BBC then shows Paddington 2.

Even Challenge and Pick seem to be breaking away to cover the funeral.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

I still stand by some things I've said but it doesn't need to be on every channel. I'm now half expecting Netflix and Prime to stop allowing streams except the funeral now.

BT Sports are sticking to their schedule though. 

I don't blame the family...this is the TV. Also no harm closing shops for a day but I've believed all along that people should have a choice at home. I'd just assumed it'd be the main channels.

People pay a sub for Sky, and it's not cheap.

High Quality Im Shocked GIF

Good news though...Gold are showing Alf Garnet....

...no, not really.

Edited by anagain

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can always watch The Emoji Movie on C5.  :stop:There are channels with normal coverage. Just surprised me how many are changing. I'll be in bed anyway...working that night. Even though I might have been supportive of some of this I doubted I'd ever sit to watch a funeral. Was surprised my work let me have the night off.

It's what she would have wanted.

Don't know that anyone knows that tbf :D

Edited by anagain

28 minutes ago, anagain said:

Okay, sometimes I have to admit I was wrong about some things, and as I know people have enjoyed admonishing me, this will come as a great shock.

Someone on discord posted an image and it surprised me.

8s5iv4gt9mo91.jpg

Yes, the funeral is on adult channels. That's a bit bizarre.

Looking through my planner I see all Sky channels; sport or entertainment, have the funeral. BBC1, BBC2, ITV and C4 have associated programs until 5 and the BBC then shows Paddington 2.

Even Challenge and Pick seem to be breaking away to cover the funeral.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

I still stand by some things I've said but it doesn't need to be on every channel. I'm now half expecting Netflix and Prime to stop allowing streams except the funeral now.

BT Sports are sticking to their schedule though. 

I don't blame the family...this is the TV. Also no harm closing shops for a day but I've believed all along that people should have a choice at home. I'd just assumed it'd be the main channels.

People pay a sub for Sky, and it's not cheap.

High Quality Im Shocked GIF

Good news though...Gold are showing Alf Garnet....

...no, not really.

You said "good news", used a Futurama gif and yet it wasn't this?

futurama-good-news-everyone.gif

3 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

You said "good news", used a Futurama gif and yet it wasn't this?

futurama-good-news-everyone.gif

Yeah, should have done! The Alf Garnet joke was an afterthought though. Sometimes one can over-gif

Sometimes when I read twitter I feel like this.

i dont want to live on this planet anymore GIF

41 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

I think that's a photoshop job isn't it?

Don't know, tbh. I can't see those channels on my planner for some reason. It possibly is as the rows are off.

But, check your planner. There are a lot of channels, defo Sky ones, showing the funeral

Edited by anagain

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Unfortunately for him people here don't really care much about this funeral.

Is there much (or any) coverage about the Queen since her death outside the UK? Wonder what the perspective is abroad.

Just now, Lucas said:

Is there much (or any) coverage about the Queen since her death outside the UK? Wonder what the perspective is abroad.

There is some in Brazil, but it doesn't dominate the news (and the Ukraine War doesn't dominate either), news here are focused mostly on domestic political stuff as we have elections in a couple of weeks, so that's where people are more worried about.

9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

There was some paper review on the BBCat one point, some Austrian paper had a really large section on it.

NFL matches last week had a minute's silence or applause (can't remember which) for it :D

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

There is quite a bit of coverage in the Netherlands, but mainly newspaper. 

10 hours ago, Lucas said:

The day after she died, there were a number of articles in the paper - about her work, people paying respects and her visits to India. Since then, there's been the odd article here and there about Charles becoming king, the queues and foreign dignitaries visiting.

"No we can't have alphabetical seating in the abbey, we'd have Iraq and Iran next to each other. Not to mention Israel and Jordan all sitting in the same pew. We'd be in danger of starting world war III! Yes I know Ireland also starts with an 'I' but no. Ireland doesn't make it any better, Ireland never makes anything any better!"

3 hours ago, thefmveteran86 said:

I did my mintue silence at my front door like I did during the pandemic so I'll be an emotional wreck today given it's my birthday too as I'll be watching the whole day got alarm set for 7am today

I went to the chicken shop, and got myself a doner wrap and the misses got a tower burger. Its what Liz would have wanted. I was an emotional wreck after it was finished, namely as I went for spicy and knew that this morning was going to be sore.

21 hours ago, Rafalution said:

But they aren't really in charge, your PM is. Just like we have a monarch but still have to wake up with Truss in charge

They're not in charge but they're head of state if only in name. I know, not much of a comfort.

I quite like the king but I don't like any of our politicians. If we had little lords, earls and dukes on every hilltop I'd probably have a different attitude tbf.