Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

What are those times and places? Just so we know when people are allowed to assault others with impunity and when they're not.

What's wrong in preventing the assault in the first place, by removing the antagonist, isn't that better for all including resources. Nobody got hurt, but if you are winding up a huge crowd the chances are someone will respond with violence. It's not illegal to wear your Sheffield Wednesday shirt around when the Blades aren't playing there Bramall Lane, but would you rather be left there to show off your right to wear the shirt there or be asked to move or cover it up for your own safety? 

In fact, I've got a very good idea what the posters arguing here will write on this one.  

Just now, Garethjohn79 said:

What's wrong in preventing the assault in the first place, by removing the antagonist, isn't that better for all including resources. Nobody got hurt, but if you are winding up a huge crowd the chances are someone will respond with violence. It's not illegal to wear your Sheffield Wednesday shirt around when the Blades aren't playing there Bramall Lane, but would you rather be left there to show off your right to wear the shirt there or be asked to move or cover it up for your own safety? 

In fact, I've got a very good idea what the posters arguing here will write on this one.  

I wouldn't expect to be arrested for wearing my Wednesday shirt. You tried this ****** analogy before.

Are we supposed to be holding up the police treatment of away supporters as model policing methods now? :D 

I've seen half a dozen police in Newcastle effectively protect a 10-15 group of anti-vax protestors from a march of anti-fascists of closer to a thousand. I guess the real question is are the Met especially cowardly or are royalists just inherently violent? 

8 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

I'm talking about people wanting to protest something.

Ok at what point do the Police consider the protesters safety, over their right to protest in front of a large crowd and should they ever consider the most efficient response to avoid it escalating? Is their liberty taken away for 10 minutes a worse outcome than the protestor being hurt? Is twenty police controlling a crowd later on a better use of resources than one using their fora short time.

What at no point have any of you done is explain what the police should have done differently. 

5 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

I wouldn't expect to be arrested for wearing my Wednesday shirt. You tried this ****** analogy before.

They won't be arresting you they'd be removing you from a situation that'd be worse for you. Or would a god hiding be a better outcome than having your liberty lost for 10 minutes and given back once told to get on your way.

Well for a start there's been no evidence that the guy in Oxford was ever in threat of being assaulted. You've just assumed he was. He wasn't being protected by the police. He was handcuffed and put in the back of a van after being arrested. That doesn't sound anything like the heroic boys in blue protecting an in danger individual.

Just now, Garethjohn79 said:

They won't be arresting you they'd be removing you from a situation that'd be worse for you. Or would a god hiding be a better outcome than having your liberty lost for 10 minutes and given back once told to get on your way.

Well they would be arresting me if they literally arrested me. Jesus christ.

5 minutes ago, InigoPatinkin said:

Are we supposed to be holding up the police treatment of away supporters as model policing methods now? :D 

I've seen half a dozen police in Newcastle effectively protect a 10-15 group of anti-vax protestors from a march of anti-fascists of closer to a thousand. I guess the real question is are the Met especially cowardly or are royalists just inherently violent? 

Where have I mentioned away supporters?

10 minutes ago, InigoPatinkin said:

If your objection is to the definition of "away supporters" not including "supporters of other teams around another teams stadium" in this context then that is your prerogative I suppose :D 

I've never mentioned away supporters once.

If a Wednesday fan pops outside a Blades supporting pub and starts winding them up, then a police car pulled up would the coppers be better to put him in the car and move him away and have it done with, or leave him with his right to stay there and risk an escalation with his safety being in danger? Or call ever more units onto the job to allow him to voice his opinion for as long as he wants?

This is what I see them doing to protestors antagonising those attending these events, in removing them from a situation for their own safety and to prevent any escalation. 

And what are the protestors attempting to achieve, support? The BBC's saturation coverage has done a more effective job on that.  

Edited by Garethjohn79

13 minutes ago, Garethjohn79 said:

I've never mentioned away supporters once.

I really have nothing else to say to this other than repeating my previous post. 

If your objection is to the definition of "away supporters" not including "supporters of other teams around another teams stadium" in this context then that is your prerogative

8 minutes ago, bermybhoy said:

Oh my word. Have the police arrested the people actually whooping and hollering outside Buckingham Palace as the hearse went past? Far more deserving of it. 

What the hell. Such a weird response. 

Part of me would have alot more time for it if they spring loaded her corpse to pop up spontaneously. 

Would scare the life out of them.

47 minutes ago, InigoPatinkin said:

If your objection is to the definition of "away supporters" not including "supporters of other teams around another teams stadium" in this context then that is your prerogative I suppose :D 

I've not mentioned away supporters or even anything to do with a matchday or rival stadiums so why are you? 

Edited by Garethjohn79

13 minutes ago, Garethjohn79 said:

I've not mentioned away supporters or even anything to do with a matchday or rival stadiums so why are you? 

You're threatening to derail the thread now with this bad faith arguing. I suggest you call it a day now please. 

5 hours ago, PaulHartman71 said:

It’s like Covid all over again. 

How on earth do they think they can get away with this as a policy :D 

Leanne is definitely an account set up by them to answer that question instead of announcing it.

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

Recommend the Bermondsey beer mile too, and then Maltby street market for food. 

was just thinking if you allowed even a 2 minute walk leeway off that route it would be brilliant, add those places in. you have the Mayflower at the start of the route also. it's what the queen would have wanted surely

on the other hand, i once got chased by kids on bikes throwing rocks at me in Kings stairs gardens which is the other side of the road to southwark park. and you'll also have to skirt an estate that DHL and Tesco once refused to deliver to for months as they kept on getting ransacked when parking up

2 minutes ago, Wiggins Top Boys said:

on the other hand, i once got chased by kids on bikes throwing rocks at me in Kings stairs gardens which is the other side of the road to southwark park. and you'll also have to skirt an estate that DHL and Tesco once refused to deliver to for months as they kept on getting ransacked when parking up

I think some people will be in for a shock when they see the rougher side or Bermondsey. Also that queue is definitely getting lashed. You're gonna be there for 24 hours. 

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I think some people will be in for a shock when they see the rougher side or Bermondsey. Also that queue is definitely getting lashed. You're gonna be there for 24 hours. 

Not sure if they have reopened up the thames path where the Tideway Tunnel site is, but if not they will have the queue cut through the middle of the estate on Chambers St and past St Michaels School to get round it which will be err... interesting

10 hours ago, Gricehead said:

Except if we have a president. Like the Americans.

JFK's funeral was a national day of mourning, and the first one to be declared a federal holiday.

10 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I think we'd have the same nonsense with a President. Look at the ***** we get around the Poppy 

I don't think there is any reason to think that a president would be treated the same- if it was a direct replacement for not having a monarch, e.g the german or irish models, it'd be a lesser role than PM, and we don't have a bank holiday for them. 

2 hours ago, Rafalution said:

I don't think there is any reason to think that a president would be treated the same- if it was a direct replacement for not having a monarch, e.g the german or irish models, it'd be a lesser role than PM, and we don't have a bank holiday for them. 

Depends who it us. If it's Huw Edwards himself, who would be a rightful and capable president, I'm in mourning for weeks.