Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rebs said:

Yes, I remember that well as it was a Sunday and the TV games were called off which everyone was gutted about. I fully expect no sport on this weekend, just a bit gutting but understandable of course.

I think everything was off for a week iirc, the Sunday and the following weekend

11 minutes ago, Rafalution said:

I really don't get why every station needs to be about this

I can understand why the BBC as state broadcaster feels obliged to have an official period of mourning. Most freeview TV channels seem to be business as usual

Just now, The_jagster said:

I can understand why the BBC as state broadcaster feels obliged to have an official period of mourning. Most freeview TV channels seem to be business as usual

They have to, it's in their public broadcaster charter

1 minute ago, SouthCoastRed said:

I think everything was off for a week iirc, the Sunday and the following weekend

Not really, day she died games were off and then day of funeral the following week were off but there was midweek games and we played the Friday night (day before the funeral) 

4 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

The FA and EFL will feel they have to make a mark of respect. They were all off when Diana died as well

Yup - Newcastle were away to Liverpool that day. It was cancelled on the Sunday morning - was heading back from Nottingham, after being at a mate's wedding the previous day.

2 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

It's ****ing daft cancelling football. Baffling. :D

I don't know. I'm a member of a few groups for Wolves and the talk of taking a bunch of British and the thought of the constant GSTQ singing, ugh, I've got a limit where I will be absolute civil, but a line will be drawn. :D

1 minute ago, sc91 said:

I don't know. I'm a member of a few groups for Wolves and the talk of taking a bunch of British and the thought of the constant GSTQ singing, ugh, I've got a limit where I will be absolute civil, but a line will be drawn. :D

GSTK if you don't mind

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

It's a farce really. Anyone who gets offended if someone doesn't want to watch/listen to coverage of this is a lunatic.

I agree, and there really should be alternatives. Many will want to wallow in it, and there's plenty of places for them to do that, but you should be able to escape it, and Nick Witchell

12 minutes ago, sc91 said:

I was going to say that we need a break from the **** that is going on in the country, we want to enjoy our weekend and not sit about being miserable...then I remembered who I support, so yeah, cancel it all, lads. 

1 minute ago, ginnybob said:

I was going to say that we need a break from the **** that is going on in the country, we want to enjoy our weekend and not sit about being miserable...then I remembered who I support, so yeah, cancel it all, lads. 

You're really good this season though. It's going to be a classic.

2 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

OTFs own Eeyore gang... woe, woe, misery, doom, gloom :D sack Moore!!

27 minutes ago, buffalo said:

these 24hrs channels really stretch(ed) the definition of "News" tbh

Found the Japanese one and it's got train news on instead. The disrespectful Yanks can't even be bothered to wear a black tie and the male presenters haven't even toned down their makeup. 

4 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

We've got Liverpool away, so it'll be a whole day of the usual ***** that comes with playing them, but tenfold, and me just stood there, silent, last time I got the 'are you not patriotic?' launched at me, like 'nah mate, catholic.' Glares the whole match. :D

1 hour ago, PMLF said:

Here (and I think in Argentina) Malvinas is trending.

Apparently the Argentinians will take advantage of British distraction to recover the Malvinas. :D 

Well the Brits do have Thatcher's Mini Me in charge now.

History doesn't repeat, but it does rhyme.

13 minutes ago, Orzelek said:

RIP :(

No matter whether you like monarchy or not, she did a great job.

I fully understand peopel paying their respects, but the crowds crying at Buckingham Palace is weird- it's not like they knew her personally or so.

And the Queen hasn't even been to Buckingham Palace for months.

19 minutes ago, Orzelek said:

RIP :(

No matter whether you like monarchy or not, she did a great job.

I fully understand peopel paying their respects, but the crowds crying at Buckingham Palace is weird- it's not like they knew her personally or so.

Some people get emotional when millionaires who don't give a **** about them win or lose a football match ;)

Lack of options mean I'm watching the Mash report, out of respect for the queen there are no ads and just a channel ident between parts and the show itself hasn't had anything funny yet.