Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, sc91 said:

So begins the witch hunt. 

Ten quid people have been stalking Liverpool and Celtic twitters. 

I'm just watching the match on BT Sports as I'd prefer it to Man Utd or West Ham :lol:

1 minute ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

This reaction is even worse than I expected. Going to be awful having to pretend I care in work tomorrow.

Honestly, I get being respectful and stuff but the way it's being shoved in my face is a bit much. Can totally get why people overreact and go a little bit too far the other way.

Just now, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Honestly, I get being respectful and stuff but the way it's being shoved in my face is a bit much. Can totally get why people overreact and go a little bit too far the other way.

After 21 days you might snap

19 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Mentioned before but it's my Nan's funeral tomorrow. She died at 86. So death seems a bit of a theme for me lately.

Hope it goes as well as it can tomorrow 

I've played around a bit in this thread today, but tried to keep it in as good as taste as awful jokes can be, but when it was officially announced my mood changed. 
I think my view of death has changed, having buried 4 grandparents, both parents, my wife and one child, someone dying isn't funny or to be disrespected. She was 'our' Queen and a lot of royalists will be heartbroken, and while I don't feel that, I'm still deeply sorry for her family and friends, who will all miss her in their own way. 

RIP your majesty, reunited with Phillip

Several sports held a meeting on Thursday to discuss plans, with one observer saying part of the talks centred on whether to have a one or two day pause to mark the Queen’s death. Another person present said they believed sport would resume on Saturday, although they indicated that all would be mindful of the public mood over the next 24 hours.

• Administrators

After seeing that Funko Pop, feeling sad my Queen Elizabeth II caganer was beheaded a couple of years ago after a fall from my desk. Was probably the only bit of memorabilia (if you can call it that), that I had.

3 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

After seeing this I fully support the idea of all games being off 

Honestly. Wolves are away at Anfield. I'm gonna be stuck at an away end all singing god save the queen for 90 minutes. 

Cancel it, please.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

I've played around a bit in this thread today, but tried to keep it in as good as taste as awful jokes can be, but when it was officially announced my mood changed. 
I think my view of death has changed, having buried 4 grandparents, both parents, my wife and one child, someone dying isn't funny or to be disrespected. She was 'our' Queen and a lot of royalists will be heartbroken, and while I don't feel that, I'm still deeply sorry for her family and friends, who will all miss her in their own way. 

Death will do that. Buried my uncle 8 years ago, my nan tomorrow. I don't find it funny or disrespectful if people are playful around it, so long as they are not rejoicing in that person's death. People all have their ways in dealing with grief or paying tribute, and I can respect that as well. 

12 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

IMG_9443.png

Things are going to get very tasteless very quickly

Christ on a bike, that's tacky.

Also a bit odd that most of those are active British sports stars, and yet the most relevant footballer they can come up with is David Beckham. :D

19 minutes ago, Redshift said:

Are we in the Charlesonian period now?

What is the adjective?

Actually, I've looked it up and there is no firm precedent.

The rule of Charles I was the Caroline era.

That of Charles II was the Carolean.

I suspect it's Carolean that was take hold.

Edited by vikeologist

3 minutes ago, Ackter said:

My twitter trending is weird. It's 5 trends about the Queen and then #Batshuayi

Here (and I think in Argentina) Malvinas is trending.

Apparently the Argentinians will take advantage of British distraction to recover the Malvinas. :D 

13 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Suspect the Met investigation into cash-for-honours might be getting dropped. Probably something about how you can't investigate a ruling monarch or something.

Apparently it has already been said by a BBC newsreader that this all makes the cost of living crisis insignificant, which is ridiculous.

Have respect but doesn't mean people struggling will need a foodback less tomorrow.

No doubt some of our politicians will try to escape some judgment with this.

Edited by anagain

1 minute ago, buffalo said:

dollar? gee, this brexit is really going bad quickly

Well the queen's dead so all our money is void now, and as the tories have made the pound=dollar ratio 1:1 it makes sense to just adopt it.

Edited by Ackter

13 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Yeah I'm the same. You know pretty what I went through so I'll make SOME jokes but never willingly disrespect the feeling of loss her family will be feeling tonight. I even said on twitter that the waiting for the end was the worst thing, it feels like forever but also like no time at all because you don't want them to go.