Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I know TV schedules are changed and light stuff/entertainment is cancelled due to the mourning period, does "everyday life" carry on as normal? In terms of public places like museums and libraries being open, normal shopping and so on.

Just now, Garethjohn79 said:

Will we get a holiday for the funeral? There'll be sod all on the TV and football will be off, I just hope it's not peeing it down.

According to the wiki page on the planned funeral no bank holiday and the funeral should be 10 days after her passing which I believe is Sunday week.

8 minutes ago, Garethjohn79 said:

Nothing like Piers Moron to milk something to gain attention on a day when something happens to someone more famous than himself

Yeah, he's just a voice in this. Plenty have had more to say.

2 minutes ago, leftback in the changing room said:

Have they announced whether all you can eat breakfast places won't be opening? I'm going to one on Saturday but I don't know if a triple sausage, triple bacon sandwich is disrespectful.

Not allowed to eat until the funeral iirc, anything other than sobbing and occasionally screaming "WHY" is disrespectful

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

Given the DCMS haven't announced it (not sure they have even met yet) no idea why he's announcing that. So far, he's wrong. 

It's probably going to happen you'd think but yeah does seem a little premature to be coming out and saying it 

17 minutes ago, anagain said:

He most likely will, but if you have seen the tweet then you'll know why he felt compelled to call it out.

They'll all have a go at Meghan soon. Probably why she apparently isn't there.

I don't like Piers Morgan and I usually disagree with him. I'm glad he made this one viral and called out.

Surprised I'm quite rankled. I'm not a royalist and often I've said we don't need them. This feels so big though. Tweet felt like someone having a pop at Britain...wouldn't be the first but this was different

The tweet is very confrontational. But they still have a right to say it. 

Of course many of us will absolutely disagree with it and will find it distasteful, but we do not have the right to police how other people react to this news.

People who have historical links to victims of colonisation are maybe not going to always have the same views of the Monarchy and of what it represents as us and we need to respect that.

Better to not engage with it rather than to try to draw attention to it and invite a pile on.

Edited by Confused Clarity

6 minutes ago, leftback in the changing room said:

Have they announced whether all you can eat breakfast places won't be opening? I'm going to one on Saturday but I don't know if a triple sausage, triple bacon sandwich is disrespectful.

Will they latch on and call it ''King Size''

2 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

The tweet is very confrontational. But they still have a right to say it. 

Of course many of us will absolutely disagree with it and will find it distasteful, but we do not have the right to police how other people react to this news.

People who have historical links to colonisation are maybe not going to always have the same views of the Monarchy and of what it represents as us and we need to respect that.

Better to not engage with it rather than to try to draw attention to it and invite a pile on.

What rankles me is people like this act like they're better and higher than those they oppose. To write that shows different.

Isn't the saying "be the better person"?

Like I said, I'm a joker with opinions but I think I treat people right. Yeah, my opinions on some subjects have been criticised because I'm maybe careless.

But you are right about attention and I am careful.

11 minutes ago, leftback in the changing room said:

Can't think of a more touching, full British tribute imo. :applause:

2 minutes ago, anagain said:

What rankles me is people like this act like they're better and higher than those they oppose. To write that shows different.

Isn't the saying "be the better person"?

Like I said, I'm a joker with opinions but I think I treat people right. Yeah, my opinions on some subjects have been criticised because I'm maybe careless.

But you are right about attention and I am careful.

But you and Piers are doing exactly what the aim of the tweet was to gain attention, Piers lapped up the opportunity, you are feeding the attention seeker.

Just now, Rob1981 said:

CHARLES III CONFIRMED

And Chelsea thought they moved quickly to get a new manager!

Looks like we find out tomorrow if the football is on this weekend. I hope it is because if not it will turn into a Tuesday Night game and I cannot get back from Plymouth on Tuesday Nights.

2 minutes ago, Garethjohn79 said:

But you and Piers are doing exactly what the aim of the tweet was to gain attention, Piers lapped up the opportunity, you are feeding the attention seeker.

Probably right. Makes a change from Piers feeding his own attention seeking self...even if he is. :D