Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Confused Clarity said:

21th? FFS. I'm clearly distraught!

Should have definitely gone with "Liz Windsor dead at 96 RIP" shouldn't I.

Can't go wrong there.

You’re having a mare Offa, get behind your dyke and just stay there ffs

2 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

Can't go wrong there.

You need some 🇬🇧's in the title. Did you even like her!? 

Edited by Bliss Seeker

1 minute ago, PleasedToMichu said:

On holiday in Cyprus and dinner was grinded to a halt as everyone got the BBC News notification at the same time.

We were in Majorca when Diana was killed, and the holiday was ruined, cos everything shut for the week 

For once I agree with Piers Morgan. Someone tweeted something truly vile. I have opinions. I can rankle people but I believe I'm a good person.

Racism is often mentioned tehse days and is justified often. I meant the calling out of racism is very justifiable - I probably worded it wrong. 

Piers quoted a tweet by some women and criticised her. I won't link it here (people can find it on Pier's timeline and it's getting a lot of attention).

I'm not a royalist, I joke a lot (often out of place) but that tweet was pathetic.

No matter our feelings maybe this is time for some respect.

Edited by anagain

2 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

Can't go wrong there.

A fine example of how Wales cannot govern itself, and should remain part of my great and glorious empire.

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The sporting bodies want it. But upto the DCMS. Lack of police will probably be the issue. The Queens body will come back by train, which means hundreds of thousands of people along various parts of the route, which will need policing. Also it's likely to screw with travel completely. 

Wait, they want the games called off or they want the games to go ahead? :D 

1 minute ago, anagain said:

For once I agree with Piers Morgan. Someone tweeted something truly vile. I have opinions. I can rankle people but I believe I'm a good person.

Racism is well used and is justified often.

Piers quoted a tweet by some women and criticised her. I won't link it here (people can find it on Pier's timeline and it's getting a lot of attention).

I'm not a royalist, I joke a lot (often out of place) but that tweet was pathetic.

No matter our feelings maybe this is time for some respect.

Just now, Anti Spiral said:

piers morgan doesnt know the meaning of respect

I'm sure he also used it as an opportunity to have another pop at Meghan.

4 minutes ago, MaxeyN17 said:

Have I read this wrong or are you saying that there can be justification for being racist?

No. Changed my wording a little. I certainly don't condone racism and was not saying so.

Edited by anagain

3 minutes ago, Ackter said:

QVC have suspended their programming out of respect. Things are getting serious.

Meanwhile, Dave are simply saying, "Buckingham Palace has made an important announcement. Turn over to BBC News for more."

No different from Prince Philip.

3 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Wait, they want the games called off or they want the games to go ahead? :D 

If she'd held on into November, she'd have knackered up the World Cup coverage on got FIFA back for not choosing the Prince William and King Beckhams backed English bid.

Then again, the BBC might still be covering it in December

8 minutes ago, Jason the Yank said:

I'm sure he also used it as an opportunity to have another pop at Meghan.

He most likely will, but if you have seen the tweet then you'll know why he felt compelled to call it out.

They'll all have a go at Meghan soon. Probably why she apparently isn't there.

I don't like Piers Morgan and I usually disagree with him. I'm glad he made this one viral and called out.

Surprised I'm quite rankled. I'm not a royalist and often I've said we don't need them. This feels so big though. Tweet felt like someone having a pop at Britain...wouldn't be the first but this was different

2 minutes ago, anagain said:

He most likely will, but if you have seen the tweet then you'll know why he felt compelled to call it out.

They'll all have a go at Meghan soon. Probably why she apparently isn't there.

I don't like Piers Morgan and I usually disagree with him. I'm glad he made this one viral and called out.

Surprised I'm quite rankled. I'm not a royalist and often I've said we don't need them. This feels so big though. Tweet felt like someone having a pop at Britain...wouldn't be the first but this was different

Nothing like Piers Moron to milk something to gain attention on a day when something happens to someone more famous than himself

2 minutes ago, Vynal Seven said:

Do you think when the cameras go elsewhere Huw and Witchell are like “f’kin’ ‘el, I don’t know how much longer I can keep this up”

I didn't watch the whole thing earlier but there was one point where Witchell was going into real eggshells mode with "scenarios" - stopping short of using past tense to describe the Queen for example

probably won't find out but I reckon they knew around 3-4pm and were told there would be an announcement after 6, Huw kept stopping a lot after 6 so he was waiting for it