Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, av3ry said:

We have the same Queen so we will both be a Republic at the same time :D

I am presuming you are Australian and I heard Charles don't like spiders...

UK removing her as head of state wouldn't change anything in other countries where she is head of state. Funnily enough the UK doesn't have the power to change other countries head of states.

5 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

UK removing her as head of state wouldn't change anything in other countries where she is head of state. Funnily enough the UK doesn't have the power to change other countries head of states.

We spent a lot of our history giving it a good go though :D

19 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Sorry, I have a brainfart there. I just automatically thought that if we removed the Monarchy as the Head of State it would also be automatically removed as the Head of State in the rest of the Commonwealth.

4 hours ago, G-Man11 said:

Nah that's America's job.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Barnzy said:

It’s time for her to stand down though, must be tough still having these expectations of her at her age even if she is picking and choosing 

She won't it would be too damaging for the monarchy and not good for Charles because there would be a push to try and pass it on to William from some newspapers even though thats not how it works.  

On 03/06/2022 at 21:37, G-Man11 said:

Funnily enough the UK doesn't have the power to change other countries head of states.

Not quite true. Australia as a country only exists within the confines of the English law that permitted the constitution be created.

Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act 1900 (UK) lays out the laws that states and the commonwealth are allowed to have jurisdiction on. Theoretically speaking the UK could veto any element of our constitution through an amendment to that law.

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, leftback in the changing room said:

We might need a slightly more respectful thread title when the news IS announced, given that the press will be firing junior reporters EVERYWHERE to find examples of 'lefty shame as football gamers disrespect the Queen'

Viva la Republic?

2 minutes ago, leftback in the changing room said:

We might need a slightly more respectful thread title when the news IS announced, given that the press will be firing junior reporters EVERYWHERE to find examples of 'lefty shame as football gamers disrespect the Queen'

Could be good advertising for OTF tbf. 

4 minutes ago, leftback in the changing room said:

Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me!

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

Some of these leader statements are ridiculous.  I know you've just got to be seen to be saying something but "hoping for her recovery" ffs.  She's 96, she's not going to last forever.

Are you my wife?

She keeps chunnering the same.

2 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Some of these leader statements are ridiculous.  I know you've just got to be seen to be saying something but "hoping for her recovery" ffs.  She's 96, she's not going to last forever.

If they say anything else you know the opposition party will be saying something like:

"Look! They want the Queen to die/They can't wait for the Queen to die" 

4 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Cant say much can you, perhaps 'tell us what the other side is like?'

4 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

No. But what else can they say? 

You can wish her well, say that your thoughts are with her, say that you hope she's comfortable, or say that you hope her family are supporting her etc.  Expecting her to "recover" is ridiculous at this point.

Edited by Rob1981