The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

35 minutes ago, Daddy said:

that's what screws up the kits? I've always wondered.

Yeah im pretty sure its what does it. I think @JAwtunes you do a modfile instead with all the name changes for your players to avoid it? 

Edited by WhiteCat33

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, XaW said:

And now to something completely different. Uruguay!

JWKB1zy.png

69cbruQ.png

Relegation based on average points per game over two seasons huh...? Because why not!

ottWxJV.png

Good luck! I had looked at Colombia, but they don't seem to have relegation with the third division

3 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Yeah im pretty sure its what does it. I think @JAwtunes you do a modfile instead with all the name changes for your players to avoid it? 

Yeah, I create a file for all newgen names but that is because I like the first and second names to be separate so the surname is in bold on the team sheet when you start a game.  I haven't noticed anything re. colours being inverted. I'm not sure what that is tbh.

this is how the file looks:

Spoiler

this shows where the file needs to be saved to take effect

image.thumb.png.98610e9c15e58102a7da064eb250a946.png

I, like most here, play with the data exports in a spreadsheet so it easy enough to create a small table that auto generates the names:

Spoiler

image.png.c62b2f9e528d4879d28b443a6b62b393.png

the data is from an end of season export, hence the doubled alphanumericals for most.

image.png.aceba9bd6f7489c12f91e507d55a9b04.png

Mellieha Sports Club
Season 17 2038 – 39 Malta Premier League

Competitions | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Club Info

Continental Qualification:

We had a pretty easy qualifying run this year.

Spoiler

image.png.86c5f94ca7ef59cf6c52830c289d2c1a.png

Champions League Group Stage:
Sometimes the FM Gods just laugh in your face when they drew us AGAIN against Barcelona and Juventus. The only change was we got a harder French team with Lyon over Marseille and this year Barcelona were favorites to win. Great...  We at least got 1 point in a big home draw against Juventus, but otherwise this was a campaign to forget.

Spoiler

image.png.96f55b177295af960e915c6ff3d8a1c2.png

image.png.b52c8b21fe8d9193d84529acf0084f95.png

Club Infrastructure

We finished both our Youth Facilities upgrade as well as our Stadium Expansion over the summer, and enjoyed them for the campaign. However, the big news was the board finally decided we could get Scouting Affiliates! I went out and got us 3 Foreign Links that will all be sending us youngsters to hopefully help us improve our intakes.

• KF Vilaznia (Albania): Here is a 'Big Fish-Small Pond' club that is either 1st or 2nd every year in their domestic league. Basically 2* across the board, they are the smallest of our 3 clubs but highest ranked in their nation.
  • Derry City (Northern Ireland): They had a good run in the early part of the save, but have fallen down to a mid-bottom Irish Premier league side. Club has lower reputation but higher facilities as well as draws Northern Irish players so will be interested to see what comes of it
  • NK Domzale (Slovenia): I have a soft spot for Slovenia after my run this year as well as they have Excellent Youth Recruitment so I hope to reap the rewards for it. The Slovenian 1st league is 27th while Malta is down at 41 (with Ireland at 40) and the club has 3* training facilities, so this is the ideal place to send players out on loan. (As well as its an all grey squad so playing time is basically guaranteed).

Youth Academy

Youth Intake Preview

Spoiler

image.png.f52a055bf66137a334b9a9039bab4300.png

Youth Intake - Worst intake of the save hands down. 3.5* and no Top or Elite Talents.

Spoiler

image.png.de008524e016e33d7c07bfc69ffe82f1.png

image.png.6cc3f9e18720823aa9845b18c8899bf8.png

image.thumb.png.988e2004f74fec569ea20b527b24b3ab.png

New HOYD

This intake marked 10 for my HOYD, and with our increase in reputation I finally had options on actually better candidates to take over for him. The one I chose is Leandro Rinaudo, who is the real world HOYD at Palermo, his boyhood club, before he left to have a well traveled career around Italy. He's old at 55, so I hope he lasts into his 60's as I still have a ways to go on this challenge.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.24bd0b8af6dd620fd63a8815fcf3a5bc.png

Young Talents

Even with this year being a total dud, we have some high potential young talent that's making progress.

1. Nicholas Buagiar 14a: This guy has developed amazingly well and is a legitimately good FB wanted heavily by Porto & Juventus. Sucks for him I have him on a 4 year contract w/o release clause so I can reject their 3M bids.
  2. Edward Graham 13c: Our Starting Left Mezzala even with his Fickle personality he's remained happy and loyal to the club.
  3. Aymen Mifsud 16a: Just began playing him at the end of the season, and he's already doing well with his pace. He had some early injuries so has dropped potential from 5*, but hopefully that will come back in the fall as he takes over as a starting striker.
  4. Francesco Gatt 15a: He's been a weird one. Broke his leg, but upgraded himself to Ambitious and then the U20 & U19 managers played him as a RB so much hes become natural in 3 positions. Figured I'd train him there as thats where he plays but not so sure how he'll turn out.

Thoughts

I'm very glad to get affiliates, and will look forward to hopefully a better youth academy with my Italian man at the wheel.

image.png.7415de25414d7a91a1b617a62a5fbada.png

I also just caught up on the 5 pages of updates I have missed (I like to read or at least skim every one).

@skills - sorry to see the South Shields board be absolute nobs and sack you after you have literally made them a household name. If I ever get sacked at Worthing I would be devestated.

@Neo_Geo - Congratulations on a superb achievement. Especially with the difficulty in keeping quality players.

Having read through the last 21 - 30 pages, I've now got the itch to start this challenge again. I had an attempt with Chertanovo in Russia at the start of the game, but I've decided that I want a fresh start so I've decided I am going back to Brazil where I've had previous attempts in FM21.

After setting the game up and reloading about 50 times to get an idea of the available teams, I've decided to go with Boavista (RJ). Theres a couple of main reasons. Firstly they have never been in Serie C let alone Serie A (according to the ingame) so I've got a chance to create real history and build this club up. Secondly and most importantly their state league is Carioca Serie A. 

The State League is made up of 12 teams. The top 4 go onto the Championship Semi Final and Final. The bottom team is relegated. In the league are 4 big Serie A teams Vasco da Game, Botafogo, Fluminense & Flamengo. The majority of the time they will always be the top 4 in this league. After that the next best team will hopefully be us. The reason this State League is important (I think!) is because if you manage to finish in the top 4 and qualify for the Semi Final you are guaranteed £69k. If you make it to the Final you will get an additional £69k for losing or £207k for winning.

This might not seem like a lot of money, but during the intial 5-7 years while we are trying to make our way up to Serie A this money could be massively important. It might be the difference between upgrading the Junior Coaching or not, or even stopping a player from being sold. 

To put it another way, there are other State Leagues that dont pay any prize money.

Now for the long grind towards success or total failure!! 

My Profile

Club ProfileStaff | Finances | Facilities

1st Team | Reserves | Under 20's

EDIT: I should add that all of the loans bar 2 have been terminated as they wern't able to be used due to their loans ending soon.

Edited by Watson156

10 hours ago, JAwtunes said:

Yeah, I create a file for all newgen names but that is because I like the first and second names to be separate so the surname is in bold on the team sheet when you start a game.  I haven't noticed anything re. colours being inverted. I'm not sure what that is tbh.

this is how the file looks:

Hide contents

this shows where the file needs to be saved to take effect

image.thumb.png.98610e9c15e58102a7da064eb250a946.png

I, like most here, play with the data exports in a spreadsheet so it easy enough to create a small table that auto generates the names:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c62b2f9e528d4879d28b443a6b62b393.png

the data is from an end of season export, hence the doubled alphanumericals for most.

I'm sniping this! I knew how to do it, but just didn't get around to it. Do you have to restart the game to get it to read the changes, or can you load it in while the game is running? I've always restarted when editing lnc-files, but if you have any tricks, then I'm all ears! :D 

47 minutes ago, XaW said:

I'm sniping this! I knew how to do it, but just didn't get around to it. Do you have to restart the game to get it to read the changes, or can you load it in while the game is running? I've always restarted when editing lnc-files, but if you have any tricks, then I'm all ears! :D 

Snipe away fella. Yeah I have to restart for the name changes to take effect. I save my game after each intake so create the name file and a similar one for the newgan faces and reload game and skin.

Its pretty easy to set up but happy to share that bit of my spreadsheet if that would help.

1 minute ago, JAwtunes said:

Snipe away fella. Yeah I have to restart for the name changes to take effect. I save my game after each intake so create the name file and a similar one for the newgan faces and reload game and skin.

Its pretty easy to set up but happy to share that bit of my spreadsheet if that would help.

No worries, I've already created my own! :D

Thanks, I also thought I had to restart the game to get the file to become loaded, but was wondering if you had any tricks I didn't know of!

spacer.png

Season 3 - 2023 - Ecuadorian LigaPro Serie B 

League - Survival

This was another tough year where the experts expected me to drop.  I beat expectations and came in 8th, not 9th place.  I only finished 2 points better than last year and had a slightly worse GD so things haven't changed a lot yet.  I feel like the top of this league is still miles above us

spacer.png

Cup - Met expectations

Played tough against a team in the league above us, but still lost early.

spacer.png

Squad by appearances

spacer.png

Finances 

This might up being the death of me if I can't get this under control.  I'm way under my wage budget though.  Hopefully I can make a cup run and get some money.

spacer.png

Youth Intake-

Preview wasn't good.

spacer.png

Actual intake is better than expected.  Not the best personalities for the top 2, but we'll see how they pan out.

spacer.png

5lik43d.png

2022 Season Review:

GIF7iIM.png

Fas0tZF.png

Just ran out of gas at the end of the season. With all the league and cup matches it was two matches a week for too much of the season. The season runs from mid June to mid October, so it's a fair amount of matches in a short time. If we had finished 4th in our group we would have reached the "Second Phase" which would have been a four team group, and more importantly for us another $120K+. Regardless it was a successful first season. 

ZFMm1S6.png

oZHOz3Z.png

Finances will probably be the most difficult part of this save. 

Youth Intake:

kztYQJK.png

EQzrhZw.png

Overall a pretty good intake, with some players coming in capable of getting first team minutes right away.

2023 Season Preview:

s15gl5a.pngHIejdFn.png

dc9j7Qi.png

XtQvLRc.png

We only lost one player from last season, he wouldn't renew, and while he was a good player I think we're in position to replace him and carry on from last season. Hopefully we can qualify for the second phase. I don't think a promotion is in reach yet, but you never know.

Edited by Daddy
wrong logo

image.png.f6f8dee1dfcac8e10ac339a8f3b0322f.png

Cardiff Corinthians - Season 5 (2026/27) Review

Competitions

I was expecting to see an improvement on last years form and league finish but that didn't happen.  We did manage to finish 5th, as we did last season, but unlike last season we were appalling in the European playoff and lost in the semi-final to Haverfordwest.

Our cup runs were ok but we fielded weakened teams and I'm not too concerned about out performances in the cups.  However, I may try to push a little harder in the main FA cup as there is a European qualification spot available to the winner.

We were knocked out in the first qualifying round in the Europa Conference League by KI of the Faroe Islands who were just far too strong for us.

image.thumb.png.58d023f6ba2236049c94799c7620eb7b.png

Spoiler

League

image.png.14a84ab95adfcc66cc150c2db8b4b6e5.png

League Records

image.png.23d6f81f4a75037f88f7abf0d39c34c1.png

Cups

image.thumb.png.d04a52030ee9d8f8dacbcde0e45163be.png

Players

This is how we lined up this season - five of the players were from our latest 2026 intake.

image.png.950913b96f6388beaf841e75ebef5d2e.png

Spoiler

First Team

image.png.7cc07013f09ed31c804b976b4cb69a88.png

The Fans Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year went to our star graduate from the 2026 intake, Niall Young 26A.  Young was called up to the Wales u18 team this season was excellent for us all season.

image.thumb.png.a46f89efea9056087164ec7a10bcfd7b.png

image.png.5f267e916965f53e72eccff9f369e76f.png

Youth Intake

We were told to expect an excellent intake (4.5 star), which is the lowest rated preview to date - no doubt influenced by Young 26A coming through last season and raising the bar at the club.  The actual intake was by far the best we have had and will (hopefully) move the team forward next season... though I said the same last season and that didn't materialise!

Spoiler

Intake Preview

image.png.87bea0150f28aceb694b18f18576ff4a.png

Intake

image.thumb.png.659d40faed72dd4ebb557d08effb93d3.png

Facilities and Youth Spend

We ended last season strong with qualification for the Europa Conference League, so I took the opportunity to force through another junior coaching upgrade.  Our appearance in Europe this season brought in more money than we have ever had before and I was fortunately able to convince the board that we should invest about 60% of it in improving our youth facilities.  I am sure both of these helped in producing this years great intake.

Spoiler

Youth Coaching

image.png.631a3edc12337fea3d06ff615a23a231.png

Youth Facilities

image.png.32b9b462ffcc83a09cf0e5a84b549717.png

Records

image.png.0dfbdbd2a07b9f3f7cb0a7a5494332f6.png

SUMMARY

image.thumb.png.1009a88c4d52d6044665898aa419226e.png

image.thumb.png.35da062791801bae4a8febe32e239d9c.png

WALES National Team

Wales failed to qualify for the 2026 World Cup and have a tough group for the 2028 Euros that includes France and Croatia.

Spoiler

Matches

image.png.b1d3a8f2042907804ccc97123aa011f9.png

image.png.fc143175f3006abf767d56b514b23503.png

Euro 2028 Qualification

image.png.a7ae522dfd8b5dcb579b2d7f578cbc61.png

Edited by JAwtunes

39 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

@Daddy isnt the logo wrong ? It belongs to another team. :D

It was a good first season and with the intake, you should stay away from the relegation.

lol I had downloaded the wrong one. I was looking at a different team first. Thanks for pointing that out :)

fixed it in post

Edited by Daddy

On 30/08/2022 at 12:10, glennuk said:

I also just caught up on the 5 pages of updates I have missed (I like to read or at least skim every one).

@skills - sorry to see the South Shields board be absolute nobs and sack you after you have literally made them a household name. If I ever get sacked at Worthing I would be devestated.

@Neo_Geo - Congratulations on a superb achievement. Especially with the difficulty in keeping quality players.

good to see that you're still going, hopefully you can break into that top 4 soon! 

@skills that is the first time I have seen a demanded min fee in a youth players first contract. I am SURE you are going to lose him for 650k, but hopefully you can offer him a new contract in 6 months without the clause.

He would come in and play for me in the Premier League!

image.png.9e3e15fdd97efa25daa1c049553e9867.png

Worthing FC - Season 27 - English Premier League - End of Year Review

League - 10th - We didn't have a good second half of the season, the position graph tells the story well I think. I think part of that is that I am trying to integrate some of the younger players and rotate some of the older (29-31yr old) players out slowly. We are still one of the best defensive teams, but struggled even more with goals. A change in the front three is incoming I feel (AML, AMR, ST).

image.thumb.png.654f728e52cb176b493f5e9e4bf569d5.pngimage.thumb.png.2f62f60f45aa5793cbad8c5ac4b41726.png

Euro Cup - We dominated our group, destroyed Roma in both games and then didn't show up when it mattered the most and crashed out in the Second Knockout Round. Oh and of course Roma won it all.

image.thumb.png.01e961a990ce62c6393c69e64a2a1db5.png

image.thumb.png.cd96c4f8e8a2c13badcb7676246c7e5e.png

The Squad

Well we are still looking for our future star striker. Jamie H (YP18D) has shown some promise, but is not consistent (22 goals last year, 12 this year), spurs too many chances and has become injury prone. Both of my Wingers are struggling too. I do have some youngsters with high potential who I am planning to bring into the starting line up, including Dylan Ward (YP25A) and Tom Rowe (YP24A) both can play AML or ST. My defenders are just immense and all are the only players on the team averaging above a 7.0.

image.thumb.png.9f7ec3b77185f7eda4ad406c9e601e10.png

image.thumb.png.970c9766bcd930aa80892d81ee1c171b.png

Finances

We now have around 400 million in the bank. The good news is that I rarely even consider transfer offers. More good news is even after our relatively disappointing season our shirt sales are up 75,000 this year.

image.thumb.png.624c245453a25ca7c894d31ff42a9dd0.png

Other News

My training facilities were downgraded....then immediately we decided to re-upgrade them.
image.thumb.png.405a498d62a9ec853dfd531706ce5f34.png

We also finally saw a decent chunk of money from a 50% clause. When we don't need the money :) 

image.thumb.png.b55c266040c52a0f3b2633af1a5f08c8.png

My current affiliates are well spread out, but I think I am at the max capacity. My request for affiliates and a new stadium are denied every time.

image.thumb.png.484e61b9c57bdbba4923b7babaa70985.png

The Future

Not being in Europe for the first time in a long while may actually help us. We can focus solely on the league and try to break into the top 4. I will be bedding in some of my younger players with high potential and hoping that we see a leap up the table.

8 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

All images

Season 2027/28 - Super League 1

A slight digression in terms of on the field performances and I directly put that against transitioning out some of the legacy starters particular in the centre of midfield.  However it's probably the year off the field that we needed which I'll touch on in a sec.  We finished 10th in the first stage of the league which included a run of 11 games without a win!  We just couldnt score at all, after the first 14 games we only had 5 goals.  Luckily, 4 of those goals were in x2 wins. So over the short Xmas break, i decided to arrange a friendly with a non-league team to get the goals in and confidence up and we managed to just get over the line with a 3 - 2 win.   This seemed to do the trick as we then went on 6 game unbeaten run with 3 of those as wins including a 4 - 1 drubbing against Panachaiki. 

2022-08-31.png.bb9abdae8bd90a3c87b8692500df4e7e.png

We ended the season in decent form and rose a couple spots as some of the new youngsters really flourished towards the end.

1755033969_2022-08-31(5).png.76e0c996c6f79a62d188010f95ef2c92.png

Off the field:

We were taken over by a consortium who wiped our 3m debt and some change to give us a bank balance of 800k positive.  Of course i knew this wasnt going to last so made up for it as much as i could with now the ability to study some badges and renew staff contracts who were asking for more than what we could to offer previously.  And also these two little nuggets (although the youth recruitment improvement came when we were in the negative by 700k or so):

2022-08-30.png.238442a821346ad64d65bdb3d40b3adb.png

165820802_2022-08-31(1).png.6015de5bed26ea1d8761f67eee246f2d.png

Finances are still the issue and are now even more precarious with these improvements costing us more.  Bit of a horse before the cart scenario but im all chips in to get that European coin!

Youth intake was positive as always although was hoping for a decent talent up front:

1815747322_2022-08-30(1).png.99d3364bc958f3f91bfaa1efcd779ee6.png

Not sure how this happened but boy have my prayers been answered!!

1363162307_2022-08-31(2).png.5ad14e69e25270faecf159234f94b4c6.png

Dont think i ever got a player like this at 15yo in over 20 seasons at South Shields!  Not too fussed about the personality as he doesnt need to develop at all, will be my best player by a mile!

961599199_2022-08-31(3).png.49b2ad9d54df7d05d6b82fcd4094aaac.png

Cheeky bugger has already asked for a min rel clause in his first professional contract, might be losing him quick id say...

1995039057_2022-08-31(4).png.752a0e45346005b115cef2ecde454f68.png

The Greek league coefficients have improved over the years significantly and are now 8th in Europe, which has meant our team ranking have climbed up a lot which is great!

1909262007_2022-08-31(7).png.c2b13da291f9e155de7fb3c75ce897cb.png

The only negative for this year was our downgrade to youth training facilities which we wont have any ability to improve for a long while.

249540682_2022-08-31(6).png.b8bfd2079d8bb923d7b1d6b67f7f715b.png

2022-08-29 (8).png

Wow, what a player!

I’ve had two five star youth through, a CM and a Winger, hoping it’s a common occurrence in Greece because the lack of prize money is a real kick in the teeth, need money from elsewhere.

Both of them requested a minimum fee release early on and now want to leave, likely for £750k and £1.6m respectively.

192px-Chemnitzer_FC_Logo_svg.png.5ee674db52b94281c72ef9b4a6e631fb.png

Chemnitz FC - Season 2. 2. Liga

Preview looked like this, signaling the classic golden generation

1736490712_Skrmbillede(37).thumb.png.4c408b394b49727fc98b405565a1e06b.png

Youth intake was pretty good 4*5 stars according to my HOYD, with Maximillian Stirz having professional personality, while others were less good, but lets hope we can get something out of them anyways.

1093204305_Skrmbillede(38).thumb.png.02799d52a53a086aec8a74d7600569b6.png

Stirz was the best though, looking like this, he is gonna play inverted wing back on the left, since that is what I play with.

1908832228_Skrmbillede(43).thumb.png.03c22ddbf6755a983fbe9662d122f271.png

Season went pretty good considering we were promoted and the quality of our squad. It was very up and down with good and bad streaks, but we looked better towards the end of the season.

715673759_Skrmbillede(39).thumb.png.63c20bf4ff3446676e1cb8f620d2f4d2.png

My board is very nice, upgrading most of what I want, which is a experience I have rarely had in FM before, especially after so short time, so we are making great progress with facilities and such, also because there is a lot of money in the second German division, which I didnt remember either, so thats a very fortunate surprise.

307988321_Excel2.PNG.3405afe44d60c0fd28d504acfe16d32e.PNG

13 hours ago, br00kster said:

Wow, what a player!

I’ve had two five star youth through, a CM and a Winger, hoping it’s a common occurrence in Greece because the lack of prize money is a real kick in the teeth, need money from elsewhere.

Both of them requested a minimum fee release early on and now want to leave, likely for £750k and £1.6m respectively.

6 months into his contract I've been able to increase the 650k to 4.1m now so I have safeguarded him for a little while

CwJYonQ.png

The team started on a terrible run with major injuries and underperforming xG by a wide margin. I never really liked the players, they whined a lot and the "leaders" always refused to help. In my head I had a funny thought of this random American coach in Indonesia basically having a mental breakdown. Since I didn't care to try to win I decided to see if I could get fired before being relegated. This meant I threw a water bottle no matter the scenario. I stormed out of every press conference. I opened every match immediately berating the team. In fact every chance to shout, no matter the score, I berated the team. When the team wanted a meeting about their treatment I kicked chairs and yelled at them. Hilariously they all backed down. Every time someone complained I picked the most aggressive options and they all backed down. The owner wants a meeting to "discuss results" I tell them they couldn't possibly do better and they agreed! Suddenly, results started getting better, the players even responded positively to me storming out of a press conference.

OhGmOuH.png

We wound up a few points shy of safety and I wonder if I had started this earlier if things would have turned around. Players were even reacting well to the water bottle throwing and berating. I picked this as a change of pace not expecting a deep run. It came to pass. I just wanted a quick break from Europe before going back to one of the two countries I wanted another try in. Austria. 

@thomas_e congrats on the first Eredivisie win. I had a similar scenario when I had a star midfielder, Christiaan Burger (nowhere near as good as Dekker though), and he was the same didn't want to extend, wanted to move to a bigger club, I promised he could leave if his minimum fee was matched (like I had a choice :idiot:). I decided to keep him that final season and see if I could get him to talk during the first half of the season. He dropped his unhappiness but he still didn't want to talk so in December I started to offer him around and was lucky at the deal Burnley gave me just 2 weeks before they could talk to sign him for nothing.

You've got the first title, I think you should sell him, based on his stats he has to be a 170+ PA player who's probably not that distant from it, he's not going to want to stay at Katwijk much longer if other teams have been tracking him for a while and if you can get a really solid offer then doing it now seems the best time for it.

@Daddywhat an interesting change of pace with the whole insanity RP :lol:

1 hour ago, Neo_Geo said:

@thomas_e congrats on the first Eredivisie win. I had a similar scenario when I had a star midfielder, Christiaan Burger (nowhere near as good as Dekker though), and he was the same didn't want to extend, wanted to move to a bigger club, I promised he could leave if his minimum fee was matched (like I had a choice :idiot:). I decided to keep him that final season and see if I could get him to talk during the first half of the season. He dropped his unhappiness but he still didn't want to talk so in December I started to offer him around and was lucky at the deal Burnley gave me just 2 weeks before they could talk to sign him for nothing.

You've got the first title, I think you should sell him, based on his stats he has to be a 170+ PA player who's probably not that distant from it, he's not going to want to stay at Katwijk much longer if other teams have been tracking him for a while and if you can get a really solid offer then doing it now seems the best time for it.

In many ways, yes, I should sell him. But the offers that have come in this summer has been quite low, as you would expect when a player only has a year left on his contract. I will wait around for a bigger offer, but if not we will give our best in the Champions League and then it certainly helps having him around! 

47041700.png.c3dd4aa5cf5fbc6bbd27577564621f25.png

Santa Venera Lightnings FC Season 4 (2025/26) Review

Competitions

Spoiler

This season saw the first European appearance by the club and just as quickly as it came about, it ended as we drew Qairat Almaty who were just simply too strong for us at this stage of the challenge and we went out 5-1 on aggregate.

1525477011_S4_Competitions_EuropeanAppearance.png.2e747ff5f8ffa4004e16989f286494e2.png

Brief as it was it still did a lot of good with us receiving £213,000 meaning I could ask the board to make some improvements, I opted for training facilities as I was seeing very little improvement in the players over the previous 3 seasons (granted at this level the CA and PA are probably very close so the improvements aren't likely to be that great anyway). So we now have 1 star training facilities.

So with Europe done and dusted in July the focus was the league and our good run from last year continued into this year, by matchday 9 we were top of the league and we stayed there until 4 games to go. At this stage I hadn't lost a league game (drawing 1-1 at home with both Hibernians and Floriana and a 0-0 draw away to Valletta being the only blemishes). With 4 games to go I had Floriana at home in the FA Trophy in the 2nd round and I really wanted a chance at winning the cup this season, so I fielded a full strength side even though I had HIbernians away at the weekend. We were 5 points clear of Hibernians at this stage but with far weaker goal difference meaning I could only really allow for 1 slip up.

We beat Floriana (for the first time in the save) 1-0 but then had tired players and as a result we lost 2-0 to Hibernians and the lead was cut down to 2 points with 3 to go and I had a derby with Pieta Hotspurs (H), Birkirkara (A) and Floriana (A) on the last day of the season.

• We beat  Pieta 2-1 to remain 2 clear
  • We beat Birkirkara 2-0 but Hibernians remained 2 behind
  • Last game against Floriana which we kicked off at 12 with Hibernians playing at home to Balzan (midtable team) at 3pm, anything less than a win would mean Hibernians just need a win and they'd retain the title outright or on goal difference
    661179942_S4_Competitions_1_FlorianaLastDay.png.be62361f387651c5fa4bff4a2fb9e2ce.png
    We bottled it and played really badly in what was our biggest match of the season, second place is still really good and an improvement from last year but it was soooo close

I then hit continue and my next news item came through......
192933126_S4_Competitions_2_LeagueWin.thumb.png.8b43f9429cef9327a893fc300086002e.png

Turns out Hibernians bottled it even more than we did and lost 2-1 at home to Balzan after being 1-0 for most of the game Malik Trustfall scored a second half double to sink the reigning champions and hand The Lightnings their first league title!
785649410_S4_Competitions_3_HiberniansBottleIt.png.34fffcbcbc7b894c338c0064a22f6111.png`

So no trophy presentation or lap of honour but who cares, a title is a title!

1054790879_S4_Competitions_4_LeagueStandings.png.8284d87ff6ab13faba5cd0bf2bce694e.png

As far as the cup is concerned......

851204138_S4_Competitions_5_FATrophyWin.thumb.png.d8d6023ff05bc5bba76742afca189490.png

We won on penalties despite being horrific in front of goal during the game, one of the two shots on target was this from Attard (25E) for his first goal for the club https://imgur.com/gallery/betEMBx

Youth

Spoiler

Youth intake was decent this year with 3 walking straight into the first team

722970812_S4_Youth_1_IntakeReview.thumb.png.7d12d6d4a1b9f072696b9375d7bdf65e.png

S4_Youth_2_Borg.thumb.png.ef203906468f8f6b81cbf0bd22841263.png

S4_Youth_2_Bugeja.thumb.png.477d1b637e1971ab3c42a72071d4bb01.png

S4_Youth_2_Sciberras.thumb.png.16cc885c46aed71192463b4f6c636508.png

Not thrilled with the personalities of the last 2 but right now I'll take improvements in the current ability of the squad.

Players

Spoiler

Nothing really to report on for the players, no one really stood out this year although my keeper was definitely the reason behind our success with 13 clean sheets in the league and we only conceded 12 goals in total in the 26 games, definitely the foundation of the league win. With Albert Borg (26C) becoming my key player overnight just simply by arriving at the club I think my defence will have a big part to play in our attempts to regain the title next year.

Club

Spoiler

As mentioned earlier the main change was the training facilities upgrade taking us up to 1 star:

1531641860_S4_Club_1_ClubInfo.thumb.png.616571afc03ecbe6e79f08203bb11714.png

Manager

Spoiler

Nothing to report here either, I won the coach of the year and my attributes continue to improve thanks to the coaching badges (now studying for Continental A license)

Stats

Spoiler

13930350_S4_Youth_4_IntakeDetails.png.ac3067b64f47ac17697046fe6b90ab74.png

1330380425_S4_Youth_3_OriginData.thumb.png.a645e4c3fbe8706bb1396f9231915270.png

S4_Trophy_Cabinet.thumb.png.57474d4b84415302b0182791db615e88.png

Edited by Neo_Geo

33 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

In many ways, yes, I should sell him. But the offers that have come in this summer has been quite low, as you would expect when a player only has a year left on his contract. I will wait around for a bigger offer, but if not we will give our best in the Champions League and then it certainly helps having him around! 

I did the same with Burger, there were offers but none of which really gave me anything substantial so I figured it was best to keep him and try/hope/pray I could get him to sign a new deal but I suspect Dekker is a much bigger part of how you play than Burger was for me, therefore keeping him the full season may make more sense.

Good luck with next season, will look forward to your next update :thup:

6 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

I did the same with Burger, there were offers but none of which really gave me anything substantial so I figured it was best to keep him and try/hope/pray I could get him to sign a new deal but I suspect Dekker is a much bigger part of how you play than Burger was for me, therefore keeping him the full season may make more sense.

Good luck with next season, will look forward to your next update :thup:

Thanks, I am really enjoying the save these days! 

Yes, he is extremely important, I have never had a numer 10 playing like this. It almost makes me believe we can do something in the Champions League and maybe an advancement from the group stage can make him stay!

When we met PSV last season we won 4-0, he played to a 10.0 rating without even scoring a goal... unplayable!!! 

Edited by thomas_e

Fun fact (or rather not so fun) is that in the top flight in Uruguay, you can't play on a youth contract, the issue is you can't get a senior contract before being age 17, so I have to wait a bit for my youngsters to become available. I should have looked at that before I let so many players leave.... Empty bench ahoi!

spacer.png

Season 2: Mid Season Review

Boavista (RJ) | Brazil Serie C | 2023

Carioca Serie A (State League)

League Table | Results

A pretty dissapointing performance from us. To only win 3 games is nowhere near good enough. The losses to Resende & Madureira were terrible and ones that we cant afford. The draw to Portuguesa was another bad result, and we really cant afford to be drawing at home to fellow Serie C team Volta Redonda if we want to break into the top 4. 

Like I said it was a dissapointing performance but at least there are some signs of potential. A good 3-3 draw away to Serie A Fluminense showing that on our day were not too far away from at least pushing for promotion. While we lost to the other big 3, this year the results were a lot closer. 

Copa do Brasil

Result

Another Serie A team in the first round, and another loss because they are the higher seed. This was a big chance for us to progress. While Ponte Preta are a Serie A team they have just been promoted after finishing 3rd last season. We went 2-0 up and managed to hang on to the lead until the 72nd minute. Unfortunately we just couldn't create another good chance in the last 20 minutes, so we went out.

The £150k appearance fee was a welcome addition but with us now effectivly £1m in debt, it didn't make a difference. We really need the board to put some money into the club or we need another board. Im pretty sure however in Brazil that presidents are appointed through elections, so Im hoping that there is one very soon, and not every 4 years.

Edited by Watson156

23 minutes ago, Daddy said:

yU11mT1.png

PFT5YqX.png

eCkG2dX.png

Giving Austria a second try. I had a short stint a few months back and got a quick axe. Hopefully this run goes better. Austria Salzburg was created after Red Bull took over the old club known as Austria Salzburg, so it'll be neat to have this natural rival as the goal to topple. 

2022-23 Season Preview:

fom2PKG.pngZ47UfzQ.png

SBnriUf.png

Kh7JLE2.png

The four second teams that cannot be promoted are not ranked, so it shows 12th, but it really means predicted to be 16th. I just need 13th to be safe. Only one team gets promoted so it'll be tough to move up. That's not really the goal this year though.

Ooooooh I like it, this has a real revenge feel to it as well with the history of RB Salzburg :thup:

Also, cracking kits

26 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Ooooooh I like it, this has a real revenge feel to it as well with the history of RB Salzburg :thup:

Also, cracking kits

I thought exactly the same thing - I love the sound of this rivalry.

1 hour ago, Neo_Geo said:

Also, cracking kits

34 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

I thought exactly the same thing - I love the sound of this rivalry.

The story definitely intrigued me as well. That and along with the purple kits pushed me to pick this club over the other options I saw over a few runs at seeing what was out there. Guess now I have to not get fired :D 

15 hours ago, XaW said:

Fun fact (or rather not so fun) is that in the top flight in Uruguay, you can't play on a youth contract, the issue is you can't get a senior contract before being age 17, so I have to wait a bit for my youngsters to become available. I should have looked at that before I let so many players leave.... Empty bench ahoi!

similar thing with the Greek leagues but fortunately they sign professional contracts when they're 16