The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Made my first sale for actual money of any of my youth prospects in what is the midseason window in season 14 of the save. Lefter is going to be a big miss for us, but he was making a massive fuss about wanting to leave and I do have at least an ok player who can come through in his place in goal. I managed to get Hull to agree for the transfer to take place at the end of the season also, so we'll still have him for the rest of our current campaign.

b087fe8a3d015e7c0b0712e249af171e.png

image.png.9e3e15fdd97efa25daa1c049553e9867.png

Worthing FC - Season 25 - English Premier League - Youth Intake - The last of Broto?

Not a bad intake overall, but certainly not the glut of great forwards I was hoping for. As we are one of the best defensive teams in the league, it is definitely the attacking area where we need more quality. I have been following another HOYD for about 6 years now, he has never been interested until now so I am debating replacing the very impressive looking, but rather average producing Jorge Broto.

image.thumb.png.1baad2a0a98f670dfc46bb570ea9a448.png

image.thumb.png.ff80be137a2a00e42eda4861b05234c6.png

I usually sign more than I need, partly for depth, partly for new nationalities and partly as I have had a few unexpectedly make the jump to first team, when at this stage I didn't really rate them. A decent mix of personalities, but I haven't been too impressed with my Youth Intakes in general. Considering we have maxed out everything I would hope for a few more gems than I have. Note: Signed all tagged.

image.thumb.png.e924df652506699a7e60e3bbbe2faa6f.png

Top 3 - Youth Intake 25

Dylan Ward (YP25A) - Looks to be a solid attacking player, that could also do a good job on the AML (Inverted Winger role). I love the personality and the fact that he looks decent in some key areas, being quick, decently composed and with okay finishing and dribbling, he could well become a good Advanced Forward. He will take a year or two before he starts making cup and European appearances. The 5* potential is exciting.

image.thumb.png.b9566ff1402f54696e83ebd3e854bdb8.png

Laszlo Olasz (YP25B) - Another good AMC. We seem to have got a few in recent years. He will be converted to a CM on Advanced Playmaker Attack. Needs to work on his personality and the Vision of 5 is concerning for a potential playmaker. He needs a LOT of work to be first team ready, but I hope our youth facilities, coaches and mentoring can get him to his massive potential.

image.thumb.png.07532769550ea8c1a63c703778a02f1c.png

Nahuel Veleda (YP25C) - Our recent partnership with Montevideo looks to be paying dividends with a decent Uruguayan Goalkeeper coming through. He is now my best young Goalkeeper (young as in early teens) and will be the starter for the U18s from here on out. Bags of potential with a great personality. He has a way to go to improve, but let's hope he can go above and beyond his 4* potential.

image.thumb.png.01ca5cde2f3f6ea2158fa081c6d6ba56.png

Edited by glennuk

hSH1jAC.png?2

2036/37 Midseason Review:

QLBkUlU.png

It's not looking like a cakewalk this year to hold on to the top spot in the league. Some injury issues, scheduling congestion, and a little bit of bad luck with tough matches grouped up have led to us...well still in first but just not as comfortably. I'm still expecting to hold on and win the league again. So long as Ukraine is only getting one group spot, and a third seed at that, I really don't want to have to mess with qualifying rounds.

aglAk3s.png

Ovij1xU.png

I had said in jest that with Haaland retiring I'd finally overtake Man City and it came true! Goals at 83' & 85' kept us from winning the first match on the road, but a draw at the Etihad is fairly incredible in its own right. Slovan was no match for us, and Juventus almost threw a wrench into things, but two late goals on the road to get a draw led us to our final group match for the top spot against Man City at home. An early goal had me thinking we'd handle them well at home, but it was a butt clencher the whole way. A well deserved group stage win and with some favorable match ups with us as the higher seed and I was making the mistake of looking to the next round. 

y8mHqBa.png

We faced Barcelona two seasons ago in the Quarter Finals and played them very tough. a 3-1 loss where we were hard done by a 90+3 & 90+5 pair of goals on the road, and a 0-0 draw at home where we had the better of play but just couldn't score. Barcelona went on to win the Champions League. Let's go get revenge!

For both league and champions league I need to survive the transfer window. Top two players I have promises to sell if certain offers are received ($146M & $76M). I think I'll be able to hold them, but the teams I see interested in the $146M player might just spend that.

Intake Preview:

t20YvTL.png

A stronger looking preview than I've had in a few years, so hopefully it pans out that way too. 

image.png.0252806c361dbba110f244fa8454f2ef.png

OFK Beograd - Season 8 Youth Intake

82079064_ResultsBeforeYouthIntake.png.0a74b871401bac94a200f205445c533c.png

The winter break has always been kind to us for one reason or another. This time we only dropped 4 points out of 24 possible points and we look unstoppable on the pitch, beating Stankom in the league, before unfortunately falling short to them in the cup. Still, the run of of form was fantastic, even if it was helped by the lower quality of opponents we were facing.

2027782819_TableAfter29Games.png.93943a147da5c1cd1cef970d94d8a66c.png

As a result of our amazing run of form after the winter break, we secured a top half finish with ease, and the aim to get into European football was back on. We're desperate to get into Europe for the first time as the OFK Beograd manager, and this season could finally be the year we pull it off.

110430923_OFKBeogradYouthCandidates.thumb.png.ec6fa6a7f3ce63ddbbb7df46aa8f4d9d.png

We also had our youth intake and some of the players that came in were rather exciting. It made me believe that we could in fact produce some more amazing talent.

1244211156_Filipukanovi.thumb.png.c3ef3e02329d10266b5e1657e2a8d13e.png

Out of all of the young talents coming through, Filip Đukanović was the most exciting talent. He can play all across the line and also play up front if we needed him to. He does need work on some of his attributes, but we can develop him as long as he has the desire to become good.

1714272283_DuanRai.thumb.png.132d4e0378ae42e35a97a052d3d9e3ab.png

Dušan Račić is the next player to excite me, and with his pace already rather promising, we could play him both as a winger and as a striker. He's got bags of potential.

1803514509_MilivojeMilentijevi.thumb.png.8183b86e224b9dcd37a8072cb039b51d.png

Milivoje Milentijević is an out and out striker who has decent finishing for the first time in a while. He does come deep to get the ball, and while he doesn't have any pace to speak of, he can still become rather good long-term

2094417135_NenadRudan.thumb.png.2bb35bfc9af01064e15abea8f0f52144.png

The last player I want to take about is Nenad Rudan, and he is a goalkeeper who I am hoping will develop long-term and become a good long-term replacement for Stefan Belić. He does need to develop before I can even consider that though.

284026105_OFKBeogradtakeovercompleted.png.34b9573ebdd553951498e87f73b3931b.png

Before the intake, we actually had a takeover and Dumitru Mihu is our next president. I am hoping that he could bring us sponsorships and income that will take us to the next level so we can finally start developing our facilities once again.

JLAB - OFK Beograd - Season 1 | JLAB - OFK Beograd - Season 2 | JLAB - OFK Beograd - Season 3JLAB - OFK Beograd - Season 4 | JLAB - OFK Beograd - Season 5 | JLAB - OFK Beograd - Season 6 | JLAB - OFK Beograd - Season 7

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

FC United of Manchester

F.C. United of Manchester - Wikipedia

Season Summary

A great first season in charge that ultimately concluded with thoughts of might what have been.  A failed promotion playoff campaign combined with two good cup runs.

Season Details

League Table - I have to be pleased with a fourth place finish and qualification for the promotion playoffs.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We started so well and were still top after thirty games.  Fatigue set in however and we had to settle for a playoff spot.

Promotion Playoffs - We blew a three goal lead against Alfreton Town in the first round but still squeezed through after extra time.  We paid for this extra playing time by going out with a whimper at Gatshead in the semi final.

F. A. Cup - We enjoyed a cracking cup run all the way to the third round before it was abruptly ended by Championship side Coventry City, who hammered us on our own patch.

F. A. Trophy - Just like the F. A. Cup, we had a good cup run, making the quarter final before being beaten rather convincingly away to Stockport County, who play in the division above, in a replay.

Friendlies - It was a pleasing pre season campaign as we only lost two games.

Squad - Our squad is ok, though we do lack some depth in some key areas.

Squad Dynamics - This is rather lovely.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - The intake was ok, though not great, with striker Aaron Hendry YP23A1 looking like a good prospect.

Finances - We made a healthy profit, thanks to decent attendances.

Key Players

Chris Taylor - Now aged 36, the veteran midfielder was our best player.  I am really hoping I can squeeze another season out of him.

Jorge Sikora - The centre back was our best defender this year.  He had a terrific campaign.

Luke Griffiths - He formed an exceptional midfield partnership with Chris Taylor.

Jacob Hanson - A versatile defender, he can play anywhere across the back four, he proved to be an invaluable player for us.

Michael Donohue - Deployed at either right back or on the right wing, he was annoyingly inconsistent.

Next Season

Another playoff spot would be ideal.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2022/23    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National C ↑         6 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)
2022/23    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Good         ↑↑↑ Average ↑↑↑        Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23      62        37       11       14          126             72                 +54              59.68%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23          62        37       11       14         126              72                 +54               59.68%            322 days

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        4th       Third Round                     N/a           Lost in Promotion Playoffs semi final.  F. A. Trophy quarter final.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    Aaron Hendry YP23A1                       3

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    No one                                 0

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    No one                                  0

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    No one                                     0

On 30/07/2022 at 19:43, toshimitzou1 said:

Thanks. Not one player to come through yet to be described as a 'wonderkid'. In truth, our success and progress emanates from a solid tactical framework that I took a long time to create implement before starting the challenge. I wanted a tactic that once in place, would not need to be changed throughout the whole playthrough and would make player choice and development clear-cut from the offset. As such, every youth player is trained specifically for a certain role in the tactic from the day he reaches the youth team. Here's the home tactic used in every domestic fixture without change:

image.jpeg.e00bbc84b4ca882cac880c74d34f1dfd.jpeg

Only PI's are Stay Wide on the WB - Attack, Tackle Harder and Mark tighter on the front three, Roam from Position on the two wide players, Move into Channels and Roams from position on the CM Attack and Hold Position on the DM - Support.

These are the kinds of performances we regularly execute. Versus our main competition domestically:

image.jpeg.6c82bc07c0bd1e4021cd32578c9eb238.jpeg

image.jpeg.bc2fa980ee348fd828e44baabb42cfc4.jpeg

In CL Qualifying:

image.jpeg.97a72c95f1934c2e761936859a46dc44.jpeg

image.jpeg.c8563eae429650c835071815496860bf.jpeg

And through a season the goals come how I intended; top scorers are Poacher, followed by CM - Attack, followed by SV-Attack. 

image.jpeg.814fa0ab10a5a938948c4c6528bbb332.jpeg

Here are the stats and attributes for the top scorers:

Poacher:

image.jpeg.d3b3dfe1f9fc43e11ea5ac767ede7f61.jpeg

CM - Attack:

image.jpeg.31e0db47670dfa2aa02fb486a918b016.jpeg

SV-Attack:

image.jpeg.db8fbbf8a5e71cedfc3d40f5791bd4f4.jpeg

Whilst creativity can come from anywhere, our WB-Attack is the primary creator, thriving off the space left available when play builds up on the other side of the pitch or as a result of overloads through link-up play on the right:

WB - Attack:

image.jpeg.880a9e825d7b482804354c413cdbc6ae.jpeg

Player Development

The RWB came into the club as a RW but with training from day 1 he is now an accomplished RB. The SV- Attack was a CAM  the CM-Attack was a ST and my IWB was a LW. This was possible because I have set roles and duties that will never deviate and as such, I can:

1- Train appropriately from day 1.

2- Promote players that may not 'seem' suitable, but can be molded into useful talents and 

3- Ensure there are always a minimum of two players for each position.

Cheers for the interest! Good luck.

any changes to training?

Those players would be absolute stars in my EPL team and i just cant seem to develop them to the likes of yours (or others for that matter)

3 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

any changes to training?

Yes. I have custom schedules for Youth Team and First XI geared towards how we play. EG, I implement Use Tighter Marking so all my schedules have high emphasis on Strength, Marking, Positioning and Concentration. As many others have said, I find individual training very useful for shaping a players strengths or ironing out weaknesses from a young age.

Example A: Kjartan Olason

This player came through the academy as a RW but with a fairly decent attribute for Tackling. From day one a put him in the defensive training unit, set his role training to Wing Back - Attack  and set his individual training to Marking. Here are the results:

image.jpeg.1c7a57457b5be3bc6cbe3021beeeabe2.jpeg

Without the individual training he would have been lethal going forward but almost useless at defending. What I have now is a well rounded player who excels at getting forward from RWB but is still competent in defence.

Example Schedule:

image.jpeg.396f9b4a097018830873a928bd2f44ca.jpeg

Example B: Luka Panovic

This guy came into the academy as a CAM but I had a dearth of players in the LDM SV -Attack position and nominated this guy for the role. Again from day 1 I put him in the defensive unit and applied individual training to improve Endurance (for me, something that is very important in a SV).

image.jpeg.8735ac0f1668da5961056de0434e9485.jpeg

As you can see, the boost to his Stamina and Workrate is substantial and this player still has further improvements to make.

Hope this helps!

image.png.0cb15cf9df46eb9d9d0870be3a781b26.png

Second Season Review (2023/24)

Sand Dancers, The Mariners, aka South Shields FC

After securing promotion to the Conference Premier League in the first season, the mighty Sand Dancers Mariners continued their domination and achieved back to back promotions, this time to League Two.

The season started off brightly with us not only securing the long term contract of our star Striker, Joe Gilbey, but a successful takeover by the South Shields fans put the club back in their hands. Great news all round, despite their lack of investment, but we were keeping our head above water (just).

image.png.368b2ac5af1567dc4e72e86e133c482a.png

image.png.233258672113db706bcc8bc65c649e11.png

image.png.322caffd88b1b95a894ccc14cfe2d44e.png

image.png.6cfecf44111a9a3cab413f463fa56a99.png

image.png.2c6bf8418ee898d6c95159a71db8a7cd.png

No significant changes to the squad.

image.thumb.png.b11f82db4be644e64404d41b6a815f68.png

Media Predictions pre-season had us at 50/1 to win the league, so expectations were low. Despite this, another successful campaign saw promotion secured with one game to spare with Solihull putting up a monster fight as well as knocking us out of the FA Trophy in the latter stages 6-3 on aggregate.

image.png.06ad2bbc5f1f559521eb5797246f480d.png

image.png.54887c771a42d7934aaf00bf870a9ed4.png

image.png.8140b810d5f8b35d75dd649f8b588c82.png

image.thumb.png.267c1b2c7d1b67c4af6da44bf72b53f8.png

Let's be honest, back to back promotions have been down to one man: Joe Gilbey, who much like Dennis Reynolds, is a Five Star Man and currently a League One standard player. A special mention should go out to a new number one, who pulled off some minor miracles throughout the season.

image.thumb.png.bea8a29ced466757bbc76cb9f86b0efb.png

What I would achieve without him, I wouldn't know. Another special season for the now 18 year old, who is going from strength to strength, consistently being our best trainer week in week out, rarely dropping below a 10.0 and also getting a call up to Ireland u21s and scoring on his debut. A proud moment.

image.png.2d7999f46ff9021885c51e81b52ebbb2.png

His stand out moment for me was his three minute hattrick in a comprehensive 7-0 win away to King's Lynn.

image.png.c24dda71e6ffa15f339fe6355470daf6.png

I believe my success will last only as long as I am able to keep him at the club, with the sharks circling and his desire to play at a higher level, his days at the club may be numbered. Still, two years left on his deal and an option to extend means we will fight tooth and nail to keep him as long as possible. Unfortunately, his valuation of £8k-80k is way below what I think he's worth so we need to continue to develop him for a bumper offer.

A large offer from Middlesbrough was rejected on Transfer Deadline Day in January.

image.png.6b51a76b5916dfd13e0327b171247b3b.png

Fortunately, a great Cup run which saw us topple England's greatest yo-yo club Norwich (who with it being the third season of the game are obviously languishing at the bottom of the Premier League having been promoted the previous season, and relegated the season before). A Man of the Match performance was given by our woodwork, which Norwich hit approximately 84 times, as well as our keeper turning into a prime Manuel Neuer.

image.png.75a007c3440f4fd6c39ef55ccf9a2877.png

The win banked us approximately £300k, meaning we were secure enough to reject any advances for Gilbey. I'd like to say there was more to this run, but I don't want to talk about our humbling 4-0 defeat to Hull in the next round, so we'll move on...

The injection of cash allowed us to make some further improvements to Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment.

image.png.da3c795d7d9943a70f4de38fdc2cc5ce.pngimage.png.e05da74013c3cca7355247a07c9ceeff.png

Two of last year's youth intake were slowly blooded into the team, including Luis Laws, a potential replacement for the inevitably departing Joe Gilbey, who at 6'4" literally defies the LAWS of physics...I'll show myself out.

image.thumb.png.cb8c4e0563c2cd0606b90b4ca2efb175.pngimage.thumb.png.71e8fdb76893a22ff15327e0bf5ff114.png

This year's Youth Intake once again provided a number of 'Elite Talents', although what their definition of 'Elite' wildly differs from mine, but we do what we can with what is provided.

image.png.e0985ec45156fa6bd1083988c7cb17bf.png

Our best prospect is half Romanian, Alexandru Dinu, but don't let David Casson hear you say that, some of his Mental stats are just that, mental, and scary off the football pitch. I feel sorry for any striker facing these two in an u18s fixture with their combined 36 aggression.

image.png.a81e4cb66421d3d20ea7f4b1c09c1849.pngimage.png.d9834083d98aa3cb6e4610e77d7f0373.png

Finishing on a more sombre note, despite racking up another 14 league assists and our pleas for him to continue, Charlie Daniels decided to hang his boots up at at the tender age of 37. A legend of the club who we were more than happy to offer a Scouting role to and he will continue to serve the club in his own way.

image.thumb.png.228fedc46858170d53f9da0ca23f57b8.png

image.png.17af5dede3bb07a8576f7e5f4cabb97c.pngimage.png.8fd152285b03b946b2658f6bbdf86bf6.png

Onwards and upwards, Sand Dancers Mariners, and I expect an extremely tough season in League Two coming up.

image.png

Edited by br00kster

I know a lot of YouTube content is shunned on the forums and I'm fairly skeptical of most YouTubers anyways regarding FM so I'm not trying to pass this on as fact, but this channel "Evidence Based Football Manager" does really great experiments regarding effectiveness of elements of the game. Anyways, he did a test on training sessions to see what boosts are given to attributes compared to running a control sample of no training at all and his findings weirdly showed that "Ball Distribution" didn't give any  growth to players under 21. This is probably a glitch within the game rather than intentional since it is just that session, but I think it's good info to avoid using it in youth development schedules and just wanted to pass it on to here since youth development is obviously the primary part of the challenge we're all working on. 

2077914640_ScreenShot2022-08-01at10_43_10AM.thumb.png.12925ac0fb9c6c2279d9c341fb874ec7.png

Just for reference the numbers are the average attribute boost over using no training sessions if you were to use just that session all season (with no gametime or other sessions).

Full methodology and video here:

Spoiler

0fjUwPa.png

After whinging about my luck with draws I finally get a good one. With the ranking change we were a first seed draw, so that immediately helped things out. Dortmund was the second seed. We're 4-0  against then with a +10 GD. Betis was the third seed. We've never faced them, they're a team that yo-yo back and forth each season on getting any European play (which seem to indicate to me that they're not deep enough to handle the schedule congestion). Lorient was the fourth seed. We are 2-0 against then, having matched up five seasons ago in group play with a +3 GD. This is a group I expect us to win and possibly all matches, unless it's in the bag and I heavily rotate the last match (which would be against Dortmund)

18 hours ago, Winski said:

What an amazing talent :eek:

@XaW what an unbelievable talent. He would start in my EPL team at 15 probably. I am HOPING I get a striker like that ASAP. I feel with a really good striker I could finish this challenge in 4-5 more seasons.

15 hours ago, br00kster said:

image.png.06ad2bbc5f1f559521eb5797246f480d.png

@br00kster- great season mate. For me Vanarama National was the hardest league to escape, so getting out of there on attempt number 1 is more than impressive!

image.png.9e3e15fdd97efa25daa1c049553e9867.png

Worthing FC - Season 26 - English Premier League - Youth Intake

We are still looking for some elite level strikers to come through the intake, and with an A preview with 'two forwards who are considered to be fine prospects' what did we get?

image.thumb.png.3e267c3d4cda7b6057d4ad0428d1bc46.png

Not exactly what we wanted. I am glad we got another Uruguayan (my affiliate Montevideo seems to only give me GKs though) the two Elite Talents can both play on the wing or Striker, so perhaps I can develop them. 

Note: I have not been good with screenshots lately, so did not get the youth squad view with personalities, but they are a okay mixture as usual.

Top 3 - Youth Intake 26

Steve Roper (YP26A) - He gets top spot as I am most in need of a Striker. I feel that his 9's across Dribbling, Finishing and First Touch are an okay starting point for a youngster and I hope to train him up. If he can get up to the early teens in Finishing that would be ideal. I am impressed with his starting Physical attributes and I am sure (as they often do) they will improve before he turns 18. A good personality definitely brings him to the top of my list and the Shoots With Power is a welcome sight. Two years in the U18s, maybe a year loan and then perhaps Steve will make it to the first team.

image.thumb.png.74c57070d1bfeebf6c981128b19e71e9.png

Graham Bunker (YP26B) - I had Graham as the top of my intake, then changed him as wasn't an 'elite' talent. Then when I signed him, he was an Elite Scholar and was worth a fortune. This signing comes at perhaps the perfect timing. Ciaran Lowe (YP14C) has been one of my most consistent performs as my starting RB for about 10 years now. That also means he is getting old and may only have 2-4 years left in him. Bunker comes in with some very solid starting attributes, decent physicals, but more importantly very good technicals for a 15 year old. I definitely feel that he could be our RB of the future. After he signed he was worth 12-21mil

image.thumb.png.c32eb2c19bbf48e670b3bc4f84aecba6.png

image.thumb.png.d45c8b6140dac0ea9c67981077b81466.png

Luciano Lambrechts (YP26C) - Was touted as the top talent from the intake, but with poor finishing he won't be a Striker, which is what I need. I will be training him as my AMR Winger on Attack. Individual training on crossing and mix that up with some passing training too. He could make it and the acceleration is promising, but I am unsure on if he will ever be a first team regular.

image.thumb.png.5f2d583e8f803d0ec3a3abc1f7c7b08d.png

Other News - New Affiliate

Yet another new affiliate. I feel like my board are saying yes every time I ask. So welcome Stellenbosch from the South African Premier Soccer League. We have been looking for Brazilian or Argentinian...or even Colombian affiliates, but we have had none who are interested yet. Does anyone know what the Max amount of affiliates you can have is?

image.thumb.png.120528eda55bda4908dc6ebf1bebcf3d.png

All images

Season 2047/48 - Premiership

Another 7th position finish just missing out on European qualification gaining one more point than last year. However we did spend a lot more time in the first half of the year between 5th and 6th so it did feel like a season of progress.  In the end we ran out of steam and had to be content with a solid if not remarkable season.

2022-08-02.png.ca6628c77d6667fb2dda03bc2c94bd6b.png

Youth preview:

2022-07-30.png.5f2ad3c617d1d13c71ad88400a3ae41f.png

Youth intake:

2022-08-01.png.29f6427ce29ae9646811f7022bdb71d3.png

Quite happy with this, really excited about Vanderson (mainly cos he's Brazilian) but has a good personality and has already learnt how to play right back also (picture is from August)

278809168_2022-08-02(1).png.a64d3789f3fc9b451898b6877bd815c6.png

Janssens looks like a really good prospect as well, decent personality and pace to burn. New affiliate Lierse im sure I have to thank for him!

815496992_2022-08-02(2).png.7b8b288f83e5d59d42dc16fdae7b0579.png

Next season - i feel the team is getting stronger, the average age is getting younger which is something i was conscious of since relegation is no longer a worry.  Will hopefully qualify for Europe next season which is the aim

12 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

image.png.31f71ed44f65b97d36a85b520308bdc4.png

Mellieħa SC - Malta YAC

While I've enjoyed the challenge in St Vincent, I've been looking for a return to Europe. Initially I tried larger nations like Germany & Norway as well as Finland but none of the saves there 'clicked' and after a couple seasons I abandoned them.  Then I remembered Mons' Malta 3-Tier Database and decided to give another tiny island nation a shot. 

The way the database is set up the 3rd tier doesn't relegate, so I picked the last placed team Mellieħa SC. I'm using my same American Manager as St Vincent. As I'm now into my 4th season, I'd say this one has stuck, so I'll do a condensed Seasons 0 - 3 upload here and then a regular Season 4 once we see how thinks shake out.

Season 1 2022-23 BoV Natl Amateur League

The legacy team was pretty dismal, however they got a great Year 0 intake with 2 Stellar CAMs and a BW Defensive Midfielder. Combining them with an additional CM from the intake I was able to play an aggressive 4-4-2 Diamond formation. By the summer all 3 were playing for U18-19 Malta

Even with terrible forwards we had no trouble Winning the National Amateur League B, with our dual Mezzala's scoring the vast majority of our goals. This sent us into a playoff with the Group A winner. Unfortunately the team was exhausted and couldn't score so we lost 0-1. Good thing we still got promoted, just no League Trophy.  We did score silverware by winning the Amateur Cup

Youth Intake: 4* Preview with lots of Prospects. Naturally it ended up all elite talents 'cause the team is terrible, but we did get a Striker & an additional CAM to add to the midfield both with good personalities.

image.png.3298389d9f204c62ba249cc5b46aa273.png

Club Upgrades: Got Youth Recruit & JR Coaching Up due to a happy board. Both from Fairly Basic to Adequate.

Season 2 2023-24 BoV Challenge League

Performance: Ended up finishing 4th / 16 due to an end of season slide as the lack of all around quality in the team wasn't able to overcome the AI once it figured out my tactics. 

Transfers: The big challenge with this save is I can only do Non-Contracts. Luckily I was able to hold onto everyone who mattered over the summer and sign them to end-of-season non-contracts so they can't get stolen mid-year.

Squad: Marios Vaseiou 00a, switched to Cyprus nationality & got a couple U19 callups.

Youth Intake: Preview is similarly strong 4*, and results in a great intake:

image.png.6d221b4af4ea770dae652462669555d2.png

Two star players are worth showing as they are basically the ideal of what I could hope for out of a lower league Malta Club.

image.png.caa218b073e7027b699665e80107e797.png

image.png.1371421db1cdaa9f23a4159a9fb93495.png

Season 3 2024-25 BoV Challenge League

Performance: Promotion, via 2nd Position!

image.png.807a6a57dd45a7f9987247165755dfa7.png

Club upgrades: Again notched up YR & JC. Still bad but small progress for a broke club.

Youth Intake: Continuing our theme of 4* Decent Preview and a very nice intake

image.png.042b90b7843712527ffa161c17ed67c2.png

Very happy here, our top two have great personalities, determination & Work rate combined with solid current ability. Add then a fun Northern Irish player in Malta! He’s unambitious, but has “Unflappable” so could get somewhere

image.png.a7c5599ceabbae04b85486a3c40945a3.png

I'll be retraining this half Nigerian BWM as a RB

image.png.b2d52506270aa7ecc1395791d4c612fc.png

And another Great Personality & decent attribute CB. Either Footed is useful for the left slot

image.png.14d15c7228cabd5f270b4a93fe55c97d.png

Here is the overall Intake Table:

image.png.f926c5389a7a6e8efd947dd79047dd03.png

And this sets us up very well for a Season 4 first take in the Maltase Top Flight

Good luck in Malta, the dB looks really well made. I'm struggling to get into my current save so might follow you there.

bliscebadge.png.09349d375d2ee3d4b6e5bfe58a072ad1.png

Croatia

Division 2

2026/27 (season 5)

Season Summary

Another frustrating season. We started fairly poorly and were mid-table after 15 games or so. After that we started putting a great run of results together, with 9 wins in 10 shooting us up the table. With 4 games to go we'd narrowed the defecit to this:-

27fourgamestoplay.JPG.d0213c7d0995204b38a26165a5138d32.JPG

And we had games against Belupo and Istra as well!

But, we couldn't take advantage. we beat Belupo but lost to Istra and then Dynamo II on the final day of the season. There were 4 potential champions going into that final game as well, it was quite exciting

27leaguetable.JPG.1861610ce2ea93c6d7d0000b0ae87c7d.JPG

We finished fourth but we were very close to promotion again!

Players

The end of the road for the majority of legacy players I think. I have so many youth prospects it would be crazy to not play them. I'll keep hold of a couple of defenders but other than that it'll be a new side next season. 

I always feel bad ditching players I know I can rely on and who perform but it's got to be done!

27bestXI.JPG.9d9d9534d33601c9e715e7544e1a1531.JPG

Youth

Our youth intakes are just insane at the minute. Trouble is the legacy players are so poor I can't really judge what is a good 4 star prospect and what is a bad 4 star prospect yet. 

27youthpreview.JPG.2343db723de2bc59aca3df774aebe4ec.JPG

Another crazy intake with 10 elite talents. That's 30 in 3 years now, it's just crazy!

27youthintake.thumb.JPG.3733426353ad38c8e320aa78a2851de7.JPG

I'm mostly judging by personality at the minute, i have little else to go on!

Finances and Upgrades

The reason I keep getting crazy intakes is the board keep allowing me to improve our youth recruitment and junior coaching. Another two upgrades this season

27juniorcoachingimprove.JPG.bfcc99f9c9cb96a7d91150810a6f5d49.JPG

27youthrecruitimprove.JPG.d7dff2ecc015e7c1a245a137a917accb.JPG

Career

So with a largely youth team playing next season I have no idea what to expect. It may well be a couple of seasons of consolidation as they bed in and hopefully improve

27career.thumb.JPG.9d10990398becf21a49abd66cafd0907.JPG

End of Season Review

Season 2023/24

FC United of Manchester

F.C. United of Manchester - Wikipedia

Season Summary

We were very poor in the cups thoughan incredible performance in the league secured promotion to the fifth tier.

Season Details

League Table - We were top for most of the season and despite blowing a twelve point lead at one point, we pulled away once again to win the league title and promotion by twelve points.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were so consistent, winning so many games.

F. A. Cup - We couldn't repeat our heroics of last year as we lost away to Spennymoor Town in a fourth qualifying round replay.

F. A. Trophy - A narrow home defeat by Grimsby Town, who play in the league above, knocked us out at the fifth round stage.

Friendlies - We lost five games in a tough pre season campaign.

Squad - The recent youth intake has considerably added to our depth.

Squad Dynamics - This is rather good, as you would expect.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - I was delighted with the intake with plenty of first team players of the future coming through, led by the impressive attacking midfielder Max Molloy YP24A17.

Finances - On the face of it, we lost money this year, though we spent a lot of our reserves upgrading our youth facilities.

Key Players

Chris Taylor - Our best player had a tremendous season.  He has decided to retire at the end of the season and he will be a huge loss.

Jorge Sikora - It was another great campaign from our central defender.

Luke Griffiths - The central midfielder proved to be one of our best players this season.

Jacob Hanson - Adept anywhere across the back four, he has proved to be invaluable.

Curtis Jones - Centre back partner of Jorge Sikora, he was excellent for most of the year.

Next Season

I just want to survive.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2022/23    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National C ↑         6 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑
2023/24    Minimal = (1.50*) ↑   National C =         7 ↑   6 ↑   2 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 =   6 =   7 ↑   8 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)
2022/23    Basic =              Basic         =        4 =     Adequate =            Good         ↑↑↑ Average   ↑↑↑      Local = (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic                Below Average ↑        4 =     Adequate =            Exceptional   ↑↑ Excellent  ↑↑      Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23      62        37       11       14          126             72                 +54              59.68%
2023/24      54        38        6       10          126             55                 +71              70.37% ↑

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
2022/23          62        37       11       14         126              72                 +54               59.68%            322 days
2023/24         116        75       17       24         252             127                +125               64.66% ↑          686 days

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2023/24    Vanarama National League North

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Vanarama National League North (2023/24)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        4th       Third Round                     N/a           Lost in Promotion Playoffs semi final.  F. A. Trophy quarter final.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        1st ↑     Fourth Qualifying Round ↓       N/a           Promoted as champions.  F. A. Trophy Fifth Round.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    Aaron Hendry YP23A1                       3
2023/24    Aaron Hendry YP23A1                      47

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    No one                                 0
2023/24    Aaron Hendry YP23A1                   13

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    No one                                  0
2023/24    Aaron Hendry YP23A1                     7

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    No one                                     0
2023/24    Démounou Guindo YP24G23                    2

Edited by DazRTaylor

Just to check, are custom databases allowed? I want to do an Isle of Man youth only save with FC Isle of Man and my custom nation database. FC Isle of Man finished bottom in the 10th tier (the lowest in England) in my holiday save. The regens are pulled through as IoM/English nationality if that makes a difference.

@Daddy brutal bad luck on that injury, hope it doesn't long term cripple his ability too bad. At least it isn't the spinal injury, took my player in Belgium almost 3 seasons to get back to form.

@JAwtunes I highly recommend the database! It even comes with portraits for players in Malta and full seasonal player awards. In my 4 seasons I have yet to notice any issues. Another FM researcher providing the rest of us the pleasure of playing their region. 

The benefit of playing in Malta vs St Vincent for me is the fact that since it's in Europe you have dynamic competition rankings and reputation. In North America they are all hard-coded and do not change, which got annoying.

In Malta you start all the way down at 100 rank, and mine has fallen to 108. I'm excited to see how high I can get them up. 

2 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

Just to check, are custom databases allowed? I want to do an Isle of Man youth only save with FC Isle of Man and my custom nation database. FC Isle of Man finished bottom in the 10th tier (the lowest in England) in my holiday save. The regens are pulled through as IoM/English nationality if that makes a difference.

Did you add an isle of man national team?

4 hours ago, Daddy said:

image.thumb.png.91d82df1cea8ddd1714324a5e80774f9.png

My only league quality keeper. Now to rotate between three backups, two with some potential and one with better current ability, to see if any can develop into a starter. 

image.gif.dc454beda3d15571a1db228ed39e27e9.gif

16 hours ago, glennuk said:

@XaW what an unbelievable talent. He would start in my EPL team at 15 probably. I am HOPING I get a striker like that ASAP. I feel with a really good striker I could finish this challenge in 4-5 more seasons.

@br00kster- great season mate. For me Vanarama National was the hardest league to escape, so getting out of there on attempt number 1 is more than impressive!

Thank you. Historically, I've always found that North/South and Premier are fairly similar, but didn't expect it to be as 'easy' as it was. My season in League Two, however, has not started well...it's going to be a long one!

29 minutes ago, toshimitzou1 said:

Mission complete!!!!

image.jpeg.f76fc521d4bc189cd03cf7fa066cb7cf.jpeg

image.jpeg.a86bd96ef0f5cb66efc783c1d9bd3e2a.jpeg

image.jpeg.b49f3f8b8aef78126d5a2fb96b8cf1a2.jpeg

I had to tweak early doors- whilst watching the Full Match for the first 5 mins, Musiala was a constant pain, being played in behind by the wide players and beating what was previously a strong offside trap. I dropped the offside trap, switched my defenders to stopper and cover with this guy tasked with covering Musiala's runs:

image.jpeg.ccab6bd26bbc74960cad6da96b06a3d8.jpeg

Their attacking impetus was almost immediately nullified. I was using this as a base point:

image.jpeg.655658ee1a93a908066423b68190f79c.jpeg

Again, at the 10 min mark I changed the CM-Attack to AP- attack and the DLP to DM- Support and added the TI play through the middle. What transpired was a turgid game where we were clearly keeping the ball centrally to prevent their exceptional wide players from obliterating us . Opposition example:

image.jpeg.aac316951106603ac976e17c68ec49f5.jpeg

I can only say: ALWAY WATCH THE FIRST 10 MINS OF A 'BIG MATCH'. 

With these changes in effect, I watched PSG (with far superior players) look for the same through ball to Musiala time and time aging, who was thwarted by and organised deep block and a competent covering defender.

End result:

image.jpeg.3142c43b35f7e53521c48eb6442d71f5.jpeg

image.jpeg.53f9db9132c3d8da30b78f6ca4ef9cc7.jpeg

image.jpeg.2f9edb0e5db95c3405f091e466f90253.jpeg

image.jpeg.6d5a87ddc26449190b68b7e593aad745.jpeg

image.jpeg.0c70c0a76999901a0ea008c4ea9922b9.jpeg

image.jpeg.7cf219a1c51cdb971feb33830c5d5c01.jpeg

image.jpeg.9592c31f7046110c6c59f5733ef4e785.jpeg

image.jpeg.cb09cd482917fd56379158c3948e9880.jpeg

image.jpeg.d1fd25ba69c34c564c2a7bae4940d2f2.jpeg

image.jpeg.0cdf7ad3ceda6d45a3c68b43f0eec7d5.jpeg

And the gritty:

image.jpeg.3ef57e30b05575a65113d21b59f2eff2.jpeg

image.jpeg.6d85644f5d3d629a16b0c0ff3c08963c.jpeg

image.jpeg.08a15525e63fbcdf5053eeca688df248.jpeg

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Massive congratulations!

40 minutes ago, toshimitzou1 said:

Mission complete!!!!

image.jpeg.f76fc521d4bc189cd03cf7fa066cb7cf.jpeg

image.jpeg.a86bd96ef0f5cb66efc783c1d9bd3e2a.jpeg

image.jpeg.b49f3f8b8aef78126d5a2fb96b8cf1a2.jpeg

I had to tweak early doors- whilst watching the Full Match for the first 5 mins, Musiala was a constant pain, being played in behind by the wide players and beating what was previously a strong offside trap. I dropped the offside trap, switched my defenders to stopper and cover with this guy tasked with covering Musiala's runs:

image.jpeg.ccab6bd26bbc74960cad6da96b06a3d8.jpeg

Their attacking impetus was almost immediately nullified. I was using this as a base point:

image.jpeg.655658ee1a93a908066423b68190f79c.jpeg

Again, at the 10 min mark I changed the CM-Attack to AP- attack and the DLP to DM- Support and added the TI play through the middle. What transpired was a turgid game where we were clearly keeping the ball centrally to prevent their exceptional wide players from obliterating us . Opposition example:

image.jpeg.aac316951106603ac976e17c68ec49f5.jpeg

I can only say: ALWAY WATCH THE FIRST 10 MINS OF A 'BIG MATCH'. 

With these changes in effect, I watched PSG (with far superior players) look for the same through ball to Musiala time and time aging, who was thwarted by and organised deep block and a competent covering defender.

End result:

image.jpeg.3142c43b35f7e53521c48eb6442d71f5.jpeg

image.jpeg.53f9db9132c3d8da30b78f6ca4ef9cc7.jpeg

image.jpeg.2f9edb0e5db95c3405f091e466f90253.jpeg

image.jpeg.6d5a87ddc26449190b68b7e593aad745.jpeg

image.jpeg.0c70c0a76999901a0ea008c4ea9922b9.jpeg

image.jpeg.7cf219a1c51cdb971feb33830c5d5c01.jpeg

image.jpeg.9592c31f7046110c6c59f5733ef4e785.jpeg

image.jpeg.cb09cd482917fd56379158c3948e9880.jpeg

image.jpeg.d1fd25ba69c34c564c2a7bae4940d2f2.jpeg

image.jpeg.0cdf7ad3ceda6d45a3c68b43f0eec7d5.jpeg

And the gritty:

image.jpeg.3ef57e30b05575a65113d21b59f2eff2.jpeg

image.jpeg.6d85644f5d3d629a16b0c0ff3c08963c.jpeg

image.jpeg.08a15525e63fbcdf5053eeca688df248.jpeg

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Exceptional tactical adjustments send the money bags packing! Congrats on the well deserved completion