[FM22] - Free Transfers and Hidden Gems

Bigpole

11 minutes ago, lugui said:

Also great finds. Byron Castillo seems ready to go overseas. Still in AUCAS (where you found Jhonny Quinonez), any word on Sergio Quintero? I remember him destroying one of those international youth competitions for Ecuador, in FM21 he was very underwhelming, unfortunately.

Hey man - here's Quintero. Physically spectacular but otherwise a little lacking. 

quintero.thumb.png.7ee33e015718d6f6d07194d3bf3ebf6c.png

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps surprisingly, the Syrian league seems to have a dedicated researcher in FM these days - this kid looks to have the potential to be a genuinely high-class ball-playing CB. Attributes are not random:

Always love to see the research team expand - Venezuela seems to have benefitted in FM22 too, few very good prospects from that league already posted in this thread.

reynah.thumb.png.10d282d1d534a1404acfaaec1ea919de.png

Edited by fidelitywars
add info

16 hours ago, lugui said:

Great find on Owusu, mate. I have this feeling he can deliver on alternative/smaller leagues, just as I like.

Cheers, just completed first season, he plundered 30 goals in the Polish top flight and comfortably finished as the league's top scorer.

15 hours ago, fidelitywars said:

Perhaps surprisingly, the Syrian league seems to have a dedicated researcher in FM these days - this kid looks to have the potential to be a genuinely high-class ball-playing CB. Attributes are not random:

Always love to see the research team expand - Venezuela seems to have benefitted in FM22 too, few very good prospects from that league already posted in this thread.

reynah.thumb.png.10d282d1d534a1404acfaaec1ea919de.png

What database settings do you use to load up players such as this one?

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

What database settings do you use to load up players such as this one?

I initially load all international players from all continents and have a browse - if it seems some smaller leagues have been researched in more detail (ie have PPMs set), i'll choose the 'load all players based in nation' option to have a closer look.

Ismail Khafi is a decent striker, had him on FM21 and he saved my first season, they kept him the same this year.

Maybe hard to find/load, but with a few DDTs or correct configuration, he might show up.

image.png.89da22fdac21e7a8c9647b0c6e5f7c92.png

Edited by lugui

I just saw a video and this guy said about this Ivory Coast striker called Karim Konate who @Jogo Bonito will probably know more about but apparently this guy on Youtube was really raving about him.

He plays for ASEC in Ivory Coast and only cost £200k. 

I can't post a screenshot as I don't Ivory Coast players loaded in my Youth Academy Challenge save with FC United.

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I just saw a video and this guy said about this Ivory Coast striker called Karim Konate who @Jogo Bonito will probably know more about but apparently this guy on Youtube was really raving about him.

He plays for ASEC in Ivory Coast and only cost £200k. 

I can't post a screenshot as I don't Ivory Coast players loaded in my Youth Academy Challenge save with FC United.

He's a really promising young striker, recently capped at full level by Ivory Coast aged 17, which is quite unusual. Had a good goals to games ratio in his breakthrough year and the type of striker to get excited about. 

Rated well in FM22 (had to check) so it's a big yes from me if you can sign him for that sum.

918494567_KarimKonat_Profile.thumb.png.0cdb8c60315ddf91e2745381a7b3c340.png

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

He's a really promising young striker, recently capped at full level by Ivory Coast aged 17, which is quite unusual. Had a good goals to games ratio in his breakthrough year and the type of striker to get excited about. 

Rated well in FM22 (had to check) so it's a big yes from me if you can sign him for that sum.

I will probably sign him in every save I do on FM2022 lol.

Cheers for the information on him.

Hopefully some people in here will sign him and let us know how he does.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I will probably sign him in every save I do on FM2022 lol.

Cheers for the information on him.

Hopefully some people in here will sign him and let us know how he does.

Welcome mate. Only confirming what you had discovered anyway :thup:

Why limit yourself just to one African prospect though - so many options! Although it is fair to say the FM ratings for good domestic league African players are always likely to be behind the curve because data and info on many of them is hard to find and understandably FM has little choice but to react to them slowly. He seems to be rated really nicely already though so great job by the FM researchers.

26 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Welcome mate. Only confirming what you had discovered anyway :thup:

Why limit yourself just to one African prospect though - so many options! Although it is fair to say the FM ratings for good domestic league African players are always likely to be behind the curve because data and info on many of them is hard to find and understandably FM has little choice but to react to them slowly. He seems to be rated really nicely already though so great job by the FM researchers.

Yeah hopefully in the next few years FM can do more to research players in Africa as I love signing African players. 

Have you come across any other African talents that look good on FM2022?

40 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah hopefully in the next few years FM can do more to research players in Africa as I love signing African players. 

Have you come across any other African talents that look good on FM2022?

It's always going to be tough, but the research in Africa is getting better each year. It's not that it's wrong, it's just hard to pick up on the emerging talents immediately and so always a bit slower to get them represented in FM accurately.

Yes so many more but I'm a bit weighted towards strikers, probably about 80% of my African shortlist is strikers!

@luguiYes indeed Darboe is very high on my shortlist. You also named Akinyoola before, who is another on my list. I just saw you mentioned Nwankwo too. Well played!

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

It's always going to be tough, but the research in Africa is getting better each year. It's not that it's wrong, it's just hard to pick up on the emerging talents immediately and so always a bit slower to get them represented in FM accurately.

Yes so many more but I'm a bit weighted towards strikers, probably about 80% of my African shortlist is strikers!

@luguiYes indeed Darboe is high on my shortlist. You also named Akinyoola before, who is another on my list. Well played!

If you get chance and you don't mind doing it then could you upload your shortlist into a file so I and others could download it.

By the way your boy Adebayo is doing very well for Luton. He scored for them tonight as well. His 8th for the season so far.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

If you get chance and you don't mind doing it then could you upload your shortlist into a file so I and others could download it.

By the way your boy Adebayo is doing very well for Luton. He scored for them tonight as well. His 8th for the season so far.

Adebayo has been doing well indeed, pleased to see it.

My shortlist isn't really a shortlist like you may think. This year I decided instead of having hundreds of names in my head, I would try and write them all down filtered by position. It's literally pages of A4 paper which I started before the BETA dropped, so not on files I can load or share. It's more weighted to players I like or know (or heard about and researched) in the real world, which doesn't always translate in to good FM picks anyway.

My targets are mostly younger prospects, emerging players and definitely those below top level star status. They're the kind of players I like to follow in real life, and to sign in FM, even if not rated great in game. I've never been keen on those who I feel are rated better in FM than they deserve in reality and I've probably never signed any of the 'hyped' players or wonderkids that become FM favourites unless I caught them before they were popular.

I'm not so good at naming I kind of like to see if others unearth the ones I'm aware of though. And if somebody finds somebody I'm not aware of, I don't go looking to sign them. I'm a bit set in my ways :lol:

1 hour ago, Hoarau said:

Outstanding. Top work. 

Agreed. I thought I can take credit for the face pack image of Silas but actually I see it was somebody else's pic they used instead of the one I submitted. @lugui seems to follow or find the same player types as me so fair play for the ones he listed.  

I always like to see when people find South/Central America and African gems like these who are actually good prospects in real life.

I should enter the spirit of the thread and throw a handful of names in, but people seem more than capable of finding their own and I think that's the real fun part. For example @karanhsingh found his Prince and he wasn't someone I had earmarked myself. His right-back was a Bright prospect on my list already but my view is that it's so much nicer for the finder to find and share (if they want) their scouting successes.

Good to see you back @Hoarau

Edited by Jogo Bonito

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Agreed. I thought I can take credit for the face pack image of Silas but actually I see it was somebody else's pic they used instead of the one I submitted. @lugui seems to follow or find the same player types as me so fair play for the ones he listed.  

I always like to see when people find South/Central America and African gems like these who are actually good prospects in real life.

I should enter the spirit of the thread and throw a handful of names in, but people seem more than capable of finding their own and I think that's the real fun part. For example @karanhsingh found his Prince and he wasn't someone I had earmarked myself. His right-back was a Bright prospect on my list already but my view is that it's so much nicer for the finder to find and share (if they want) their scouting successes.

Good to see you back @Hoarau

:lol: cheers mate 

I knew there was a joke to me told with those names... Although with a prince like that who needs a king am I right ;)

I might be wrong, havent played that much of the BETA version yet (waiting for the full version), but from what I've seen so far I feel that Africa, Middle East, Asia and most of the peripheral countries in South America were better researched this year, which makes me really happy.

I noticed a Syrian overhaul as someone else mentioned above, lots of improved and promissing players (shout out to Anis Kassem, one of FM21 best gems). As  for African talent, finally getting more love and a well deserved upgrade. I remember playing past versions and ask myself how such a continent so wonderful and historically rich in all aspects, but in this case, about football, didn't deliver IN GAME the amount of talent that certainly exists there. I know that there are many and great difficulties in terms of research, but if I were a game executive, this would be a point where I would invest more and better.

Glad we're finding all these raw potentials here in this thread and in our saves.

Edited by lugui

2 hours ago, lugui said:

I might be wrong, havent played that much of the BETA version yet (waiting for the full version), but from what I've seen so far I feel that Africa, Middle East, Asia and most of the peripheral countries in South America were better researched this year, which makes me really happy.

I noticed a Syrian overhaul as someone else mentioned above, lots of improved and promissing players (shout out to Anis Kassem, one of FM21 best gems). As  for African talent, finally getting more love and a well deserved upgrade. I remember playing past versions and ask myself how such a continent so wonderful and historically rich in all aspects, but in this case, about football, didn't deliver IN GAME the amount of talent that certainly exists there. I know that there are many and great difficulties in terms of research, but if I were a game executive, this would be a point where I would invest more and better.

Glad we're finding all these raw potentials here in this thread and in our saves.

Definitely - great to see more leagues getting more detailed research. If only they could sort the J-League licensing issues out - missing out on a goldmine.

1 hora atrás, PequenoGenio disse:

With the files from @davie77 maybe we can have more off this gems 

I created a couple DDT files a few versions ago and they have been a great help to me in saves anywhere in the world. Tested in BETA and they work again.

Basically they load players from (1) ALL clubs in the world and (2) ALL nations. This allows you to start a save with over 400k players from all over the world. I don't have a super computer, but they don't compromise game speed as far as I've realized, maybe they just make the player search bar results take a while, but oh well.

You need a new save, but before, they should go under: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Football Manager 2022/database/data/db/[gameversionfolder]/ddt   (just create last folder if you dont have it).

Forgive me if they are not meant to be shared here, dont wanna cause any issues.

AllClubs.ddt AllNations.ddt

Edited by lugui

Had another trip in Africa and found a few other names. Sorry for the screenshots on a different language.

Theres something going on at HOROYA AC (Guinea-Bissau) and I can say that I like it:

image.png.fc52d8bb54d3d8363c5a3ac19a4c2b0d.png

image.png.4d5e9f70557e124ccce10b28cf02836b.png

image.png.d8f90ec63cfbe5570668a7eb9697cab1.png

EBOU ADAMS is english as well, great option for those playing in a Brexit world.

image.png.a562184aa93bc908ce9b079ba47b9e44.png

image.png.fbf5796ab34a3fc776216d22f880f40a.png

image.png.b8f445075502dd9578d9aa9b06800b38.png

image.png.97c6ffebb09aab6d7a32ad9796629605.png

image.png.4ac460ab8af1a0f1a8312f5875ae8099.png

image.png.fcf4d7594c5ca7b697e7012510fc7352.png

image.png.83b1dbd13815da82bc00bd778578a2fc.png

1.PNG

@luguiNice checking again. I knew I had somebody from Horoya on my list when I read your post, but couldn't remember who. Surprise surprise, it was indeed Sylla.

As for Kouakou, I can definitely say his face pack image is the one I submitted and I already have him on my transfer list for Panathinaikos as one for the future :)

I just watched a video on Youtube from FM Scout and they reccomend this striker who plays for Red Bull Salzburg called Benjamin Sesko. He is an 18 year old 6ft 4 Slovenian who ends up becoming a superstar striker.

You probably wont be able to sign him in the first season as he signed a new contract but keep an eye on him. He will probably cost £15-£20m but worth it from the looks of the video.

In the video he ended up getting over 500 goals in 575 appearances or something like that.

Here is a screenshot of him.

image.thumb.png.eb7838a5bb40929ae0bfd2c24624f662.png

Release day is time to reveal my own personal free transfer favourite for FM22.

Faruku Miya is a player I really like in real life. He was a very good performer in the Turkish top flight (Süper Lig) in 2019/20, and despite a mediocre campaign last year he is surprisingly still available on a free transfer.

1993006722_FarukuMiya.png.92c846e835783faf2f59207bb5e54444.png

I have just signed him on a free transfer for my revamped Panathinaikos side, and I think he could be a key player. His best position in my opinion is as a shadow striker, but you can play him off the left flank as an inside forward.

On 22/10/2021 at 08:51, esca said:

Abdul Fatawu Issahaku ( Steadfast FC (GHA)) -  2021 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations Best Player of the Tournament.

His contract expires in 5 months starting the game.

Is just me or he is missing from the actual game right now?

43 minutes ago, esca said:

Is just me or he is missing from the actual game right now?

He’s moved to Dreams FC. According to Transfermarkt it should only be a loan deal, but on the game he’s got a full time contract that expires September ‘22.

Few standouts for me this season having gone 5 years in the beta from SPFL League One to Prem (unfortunately limited screenshots as laptop away to be fixed):

Sam McClelland was released by Chelsea at end of season one. Picked him up for £800 a week. He’s a tall and physical defender but his mental stats really drew me to him and he went straight in as captain. Unfortunately he wouldn’t let me drop the £700k release clause from his contract and he is now captaining Stoke.

Joe Lewis was another free transfer at end of season two. Not as much of a leader as McClelland but a full Welsh international after release from Torquay. The pair to them made a formidable defence as my Airdrie team won the league at the first time of asking.

Jakub Stolarczyk released from Leicester and has gone on to develop into a very good goalkeeper. His downfall is his low determination but hasn’t made many mistakes on our journey up the leagues.

Leighton Clarkson is a product of the Liverpool academy and has developed 16s for passing and vision, so has instantly became everything I need for a DLP in Scotland. 

Troy Parrott needs no introduction but I snapped him up after he left Tottenham on a free. Presumably muscled out by Dane Scarlett, Troy joined for our difficult second season in the Prem and didn’t do too badly, he managed to get double figures for goals playing as a DLF, but a change of system and going two up top has seen him reach that same milestone with half the season gone. Hopefully I can keep hold of him and he can follow in the talismanic footsteps of Bryan Prunty and Owen Coyle before him.

455DF0F4-66D8-4269-BDD0-52EF291A81B1.jpeg

A69C5290-6AE7-4210-9932-7E23BA50E2BB.jpeg

14 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Release day is time to reveal my own personal free transfer favourite for FM22.

Faruku Miya is a player I really like in real life. He was a very good performer in the Turkish top flight (Süper Lig) in 2019/20, and despite a mediocre campaign last year he is surprisingly still available on a free transfer.

1993006722_FarukuMiya.png.92c846e835783faf2f59207bb5e54444.png

I have just signed him on a free transfer for my revamped Panathinaikos side, and I think he could be a key player. His best position in my opinion is as a shadow striker, but you can play him off the left flank as an inside forward.

Too late to sign him for my Le Havre team as he had already gone to Vancouver but I have added him to my shortlist and will keep an eye on him.

Cheers for the reccomendation @Jogo Bonito

On 07/11/2021 at 14:54, lugui said:

Had another trip in Africa and found a few other names. Sorry for the screenshots on a different language.

Theres something going on at HOROYA AC (Guinea-Bissau) and I can say that I like it:

image.png.fc52d8bb54d3d8363c5a3ac19a4c2b0d.png

image.png.4d5e9f70557e124ccce10b28cf02836b.png

image.png.d8f90ec63cfbe5570668a7eb9697cab1.png

EBOU ADAMS is english as well, great option for those playing in a Brexit world.

image.png.a562184aa93bc908ce9b079ba47b9e44.png

image.png.fbf5796ab34a3fc776216d22f880f40a.png

image.png.b8f445075502dd9578d9aa9b06800b38.png

image.png.97c6ffebb09aab6d7a32ad9796629605.png

image.png.4ac460ab8af1a0f1a8312f5875ae8099.png

image.png.fcf4d7594c5ca7b697e7012510fc7352.png

image.png.83b1dbd13815da82bc00bd778578a2fc.png

1.PNG

I take responsibility for the 'goings on' at Horoya. I was the one who gave them the ratings this year.

1 hour ago, UnitedJoshdom said:

I take responsibility for the 'goings on' at Horoya. I was the one who gave them the ratings this year.

Data for Africa is taking good steps forward. I know you have been very active with this from other threads (like the extended Africa database) so a big thanks.

2 horas atrás, UnitedJoshdom disse:

Im glad to hear it and kinda "meet" the oficial reasearcher @UnitedJoshdom. Thank you for your work and the efforts to take the african research into the level it deserves.

Would love to hear more on your insights about the club (clearly they are doing something positive there) and the african research as a whole, will check the other threads.

And feel free to tell us about new hidden gems that only you should know! :lol:

20 minutes ago, lugui said:

Im glad to hear it and kinda "meet" the oficial reasearcher @UnitedJoshdom. Thank you for your work and the efforts to take the african research into the level it deserves.

Would love to hear more on your insights about the club (clearly they are doing something positive there) and the african research as a whole, will check the other threads.

And feel free to tell us about new hidden gems that only you should know! :lol:

One name: Collins Shichenje.

Horoya? They're a good team. Allmost guarenteed to qualify for the group stage of the Champions League, have a good core squad, much better than any other team in Guinea and probably the best team in West Africa. They've got a good amount of money and do well at managing to keep their players in the country instead of moving to North Africa or anywhere else.

Edited by UnitedJoshdom

1 hour ago, UnitedJoshdom said:

Horoya? They're a good team. Allmost guarenteed to qualify for the group stage of the Champions League, have a good core squad, much better than any other team in Guinea and probably the best team in West Africa. They've got a good amount of money and do well at managing to keep their players in the country instead of moving to North Africa or anywhere else.

Horoya/Guinea national team manager save would be a good little project that I think I will attempt at some point on FM2022.

Thanks again for your insight @UnitedJoshdom 

Collins Shichenje is still on a free transfer on my Le Havre save. I have hopefully signed him and will let people know if he turns out to be any good.

Just started a save with Rochdale in League 2.

Managed to get Rodel Richards & Tristan Nydam on frees.

Richards looks insane for League 2. Got 2 goals in his debut match vs Harrogate Town away.

Jamal Hector-Ingram is also available on a free. Chose Mansfield over Rochdale :(

Efrain Alvarez is also available on a free for maybe a league 1 or Championship team.

No screenshots sorry! 

15 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Horoya/Guinea national team manager save would be a good little project that I think I will attempt at some point on FM2022.

Thanks again for your insight @UnitedJoshdom 

Collins Shichenje is still on a free transfer on my Le Havre save. I have hopefully signed him and will let people know if he turns out to be any good.

Any time!

20 horas atrás, UnitedJoshdom disse:

Great insights, @UnitedJoshdom. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

I don't know if he was part of your research (or if he was researched by the South American researchers), but Samson Akinyoola is already starting well in Caracas, he really looks like a very promising player!

I plan to run a save in Africa in this FM22, waiting for some league packs to have a more comprehensive view of clubs. I think it will be great to ask you some questions, if you dont mind.

Edited by lugui

2 hours ago, lugui said:

Great insights, @UnitedJoshdom. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

I don't know if he was part of your research (or if he was researched by the South American researchers), but Samson Akinyoola is already starting well in Caracas, he really looks like a very promising player!

I plan to run a save in Africa in this FM22, waiting for some league packs to have a more comprehensive view of clubs. I think it will be great to ask you some questions, if you dont mind.

I'm working on a modpack with a couple of guys for this year. I'll post it here when it comes out.

Yeah, feel free to ask away, public or in DMs. I don't mind either way.

Not sure if he can count as a hidden gem but Runar Norheim starts the game as a 16 y/o with some impressive stats. Here he is in my game after 2 full season in the Norwegian leagues. He starts naturally as a AMC but I trained him to be a natural forward to fit in my tactic.

image.thumb.png.fdff21e0df5273380dce968209983242.png

On 04/11/2021 at 20:27, lugui said:

I created a couple DDT files a few versions ago and they have been a great help to me in saves anywhere in the world. Tested in BETA and they work again.

Basically they load players from (1) ALL clubs in the world and (2) ALL nations. This allows you to start a save with over 400k players from all over the world. I don't have a super computer, but they don't compromise game speed as far as I've realized, maybe they just make the player search bar results take a while, but oh well.

You need a new save, but before, they should go under: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Football Manager 2022/database/data/db/[gameversionfolder]/ddt   (just create last folder if you dont have it).

Forgive me if they are not meant to be shared here, dont wanna cause any issues.

AllClubs.ddt 454.15 kB · 18 downloads AllNations.ddt 6.7 kB · 11 downloads

Sure!

And i just found this after starting my save :D