*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2nd goal here (by Abraham) is given as a Maddison assist, but it seems to me that although the cross is aimed at Maddison, the last touch before Abraham scores is from a San Marino defender and I'm not sure if Maddison even touches the ball.

So far, so fun.

There seems to be quite a bit of delay when opening some player profiles. Most are near instant, some take a few seconds and then some just take far too long. The worst I've seen so far is Messi. Takes almost 10 seconds for his profile to load after clicking his name.

4 minutes ago, MBJ96 said:

Any chance Andreas Christensens stats will be better in the full version of the game?

I assume you mean attributes - Santy posted this on the previous page:

Data lock is almost upon us for the full release of the game as well. I would implore people who have considered views on data to get involved and see if you can make a compelling argument for why something should be different.

2 hours ago, santy001 said:

Data lock is almost upon us for the full release of the game as well. I would implore people who have considered views on data to get involved and see if you can make a compelling argument for why something should be different.

Hi, 

I really think you should take a look at Andreas Christensens attributes. He has been one of the worlds best defenders in 2021. His strenght is 8, which should be much higher, given he has evolved physically. 

So far I've only played 1 game week (I spend an age on day one so haven't been able to get further :D ). The first word that comes to mind is "polished". The match animations are really good and you can now see a clear representation of what your intructions tactically are doing. I've only played one match but the difference is very noticeable. I'll play more this evening but like I said, "polished" is how I'd describe this release.

1 minute ago, MBJ96 said:

Hi, 

I really think you should take a look at Andreas Christensens attributes. He has been one of the worlds best defenders in 2021. His strenght is 8, which should be much higher, given he has evolved physically. 

Sorry, I guess this is my fault for not making it clear.

The data issues/research section is here: https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/850-database-and-research/

As Santy said though, they need compelling arguments to be made. So if you have stats or something to back up your claim, it'll help a lot.

One of the QoL improvements that was announced was "faster UI loading/page loading"... but I seem to experience that it's just that bit laggier... (apart from even the obvious pages that are bugged like the competition team/player stats that load very very slow and even hangs the application)

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

17 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

There seems to be quite a bit of delay when opening some player profiles. Most are near instant, some take a few seconds and then some just take far too long. The worst I've seen so far is Messi. Takes almost 10 seconds for his profile to load after clicking his name.

That's a bit odd, I spent around 30mins just checking out Player Profiles and same thing happened only for Ronaldo (didn't think much of it at the time).

15 minutes ago, Dan_987 said:

That's a bit odd, I spent around 30mins just checking out Player Profiles and same thing happened only for Ronaldo (didn't think much of it at the time).

Maybe it's something to do with loading his enormous ego? 

4 hours ago, NFLFM said:

Hello,

I have a question, when you scout with your data analysist a player from a foreign league (that you obviously loaded) is it finally possible to see the same data graph compared to the other players of his league (example see the xg of the forward you want compared to the rest of his league) that you can have in data hub for your own players ? 
I always find that they don’t use enough all the stats they put ingame when we scout a player, except the pros and cons in the report which are not representative enough for me, especially if you wanna do a « moneyball » recruitment.

Thanks in advance !

Yes this does happen and it's not only for leagues you have loaded I think. However you dont get the scatter graphs. What you get is the octagon type graphs that shows how the player compares to other players in their league for their position. E.g.if it's a striker the points in the octogon graph thing are xG, shots or 90, dribbles per 90 etc. But for a defender its things like headers won, tackle win rate etc. I think it appeared after scouting the player and getting to a high level of knowledge, oddly it wasnt from the analyst report.

I'll show you screenshots and confirm what I'm saying after I play the game again though.

It's not a new thing, but on the training 'Additional Focus' dropdown, would it not be possible to have the options in a better order.

Ideally greyed out options could be at the bottom, and position specific options could be at the top, (GK options for GK).

There never seems to be any real logic to the order. I understand that they may be organised into types of training, but it seems as though the ones that people would choose more often are stuck at the bottom.

To sum up, I think there are lots of ways the order could be improved.

Maybe the order of options could change based on what you choose as Position / Role / Duty. It would be a heavy hint, but would also just save time for everyone.

Edited by vikeologist

I am gratefull for anyone how posts something new or different on this fm, as I, myself, cant play it yet. 👍

So far, the biggest + is VAR improvement and the biggest - no PA stars on main player menu.

Is it me or is there a very slight delay when navigating through the tabs / inbox messages?

Feels slower / bit more clunky than last year. Sometimes it takes a second or so to load up an e-mail, when previously it's been near enough to instantaneous.

5 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

Is it me or is there a very slight delay when navigating through the tabs / inbox messages?

Feels slower / bit more clunky than last year. Sometimes it takes a second or so to load up an e-mail, when previously it's been near enough to instantaneous.

yes, it does feel a bit slower compared to FM 21. But i remember having this issue in 21 and it was fixed at release

7 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

There's a known issue with lag on some screens. It's being worked on :thup:

8 minutes ago, Nolopola said:

If I reported a bug last in June year that was marked as under review and I'm still finding it this year, should I report it again for FM22 or can I assume that it's still being looked into and that I should not spam the QA team? 

Can you report it again please, thanks. 

1 minute ago, Freakiie said:

So, while all you guys are playing the game and seemingly enjoying the new ME, here I am vacationing away to the future. I'll get to play at some point too!

So... transfers...

Not much good I can say about those.

The top transfers are completely dominated by the English clubs + PSG. There's some Italian activity at the lower end, but as those aren't even triple digits transfers they probably will be tossed out sooner or later. No Spanish or German activity at all. Arsenal can spend €100m+ on players, but apparently Real can't? At the same time, it's not like those clubs don't spend money, even Barcelona is spending quite a bit again, but quite frankly, there are a lot of wasted transfers. Paying full price for players that aren't good enough, only to move them on for peanuts a year or two later. Heck, Dortmund is picking up Bayern scraps all over the place so far! :lol:

As for some actual transfers I picked out so far while looking around, Lewandowski was sold to Liverpool for... €15.5m! Like what? (On a positive note, for a 37 yr his stats are still looking great) Then a season later they sold Kimmich for €81m. No matter if he was unhappy or anything, that transfer is way too cheap for a player of that calibre that should still have 3 years on their contract! Oh, also did I mention that Liverpool decided to buy Kane? While having Lewandowski? Yeah, that happened. The AI then realized it plays with only 1 striker, so Kane is now natural as a CM. Kane finally fulfilling his dream position of Deep Lying Playmaker Forward! Or, as this FM universe knows him as: "The False Six".

There's also the usual classic mishandling of talent. Barcelona sold Demir to PSG for whopping €7.5m, only to buy him back 2 seasons later for €47m . Daramy is one of the biggest transfers currently, but not sold by Ajax, as they offloaded him relatively cheap while never really giving him a chance to Real Betis, where PSG then paid good money for him after he actually played some games. Meanwhile some of the transfers Ajax makes... apparently they managed to get in Cavani in the first season? Did he take a massive pay cut or was the AI fine with signing a player with twice the wage their current star player had?! :lol: Then the season after they splash on players like Gündogan and Thuram which.... Gündogan clearly a classic Ajax transfer and how Thuram decided moving to the Eredivisie would be a solid move, I don't know. Guess his stats are crap so he couldn't do any better?

Looking at the actual Bayern squad though, there's no talent at all. Which considering how much random stuff they bought is honestly astonishing. Their youngest player in the squad is 24 and he was just brought in. Same story with Ajax. Their youngest player is 23 (and moving to AZ after basically not playing at all for an entire season despite being an Ajax youth product!). Where the hell is the youth development?!

The big English clubs though, they don't care. They have the cash and hover up all the quality in the world as always. City is dominating the PL and CL, United has a massive transfer pretty much every season instead of buying 4 crappy players like Real/Bayern do, Liverpool despite having Kane and Lewandowski is barely hanging in there for the CL spots, Newcastle does Newcastle things. Arsenal is somehow still way too good and managed to be a top 4 side in the first 2 seasons, but has fallen off again with Newcastle going strong and Chelsea getting out of their dip.

Well, time to continue holidaying, wait for the real players to disappear and see how atrocious this years newgen templates are! Oh and 37yr old Lewandowski for anyone interested:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.a6282bc0c01a964058239ed9212e409b.png

Regarding transfers etc... what leagues are loaded etc in your database?

Only thing I've noticed is there have been alot of red cards for the opposition in my games so far, 5 in 10 games but that's not really a big enough sample size to make any judgement. Will see how it goes moving through the season. 

6 minutes ago, Welbeck19 said:

Only thing I've noticed is there have been alot of red cards for the opposition in my games so far, 5 in 10 games but that's not really a big enough sample size to make any judgement. Will see how it goes moving through the season. 

Ive non seen any yet

annoying.thumb.png.9378fd731e76299adc1973eeb0f3e316.png

Can this be removed before official lunch and go back to how it was before or at the very least make it easier to see.

I went almost an entire half before noticing that the changes i made didn't take place 

Il y a 2 heures, Platinum a dit :

Yes this does happen and it's not only for leagues you have loaded I think. However you dont get the scatter graphs. What you get is the octagon type graphs that shows how the player compares to other players in their league for their position. E.g.if it's a striker the points in the octogon graph thing are xG, shots or 90, dribbles per 90 etc. But for a defender its things like headers won, tackle win rate etc. I think it appeared after scouting the player and getting to a high level of knowledge, oddly it wasnt from the analyst report.

I'll show you screenshots and confirm what I'm saying after I play the game again though.

Thanks a lot bro !

If there is at least a comparison and it’s clear, graphic, octagon or whatever im happy then

I don’t think it was on FM 21 or im wrong

When you are searching players from a list, in player or staff search, once you click through to a person and then go back, it sends you back to the top of the search list, rather than landing back at the part of the list you were on - frustrating little glitch.

1 minute ago, stevemc said:

When you are searching players from a list, in player or staff search, once you click through to a person and then go back, it sends you back to the top of the search list, rather than landing back at the part of the list you were on - frustrating little glitch.

That is definitely something that would drive me crazy. Should be an easy fix for the full game. 

1 hour ago, Freakiie said:

So, while all you guys are playing the game and seemingly enjoying the new ME, here I am vacationing away to the future. I'll get to play at some point too!

So... transfers...

Not much good I can say about those.

The top transfers are completely dominated by the English clubs + PSG. There's some Italian activity at the lower end, but as those aren't even triple digits transfers they probably will be tossed out sooner or later. No Spanish or German activity at all. Arsenal can spend €100m+ on players, but apparently Real can't? At the same time, it's not like those clubs don't spend money, even Barcelona is spending quite a bit again, but quite frankly, there are a lot of wasted transfers. Paying full price for players that aren't good enough, only to move them on for peanuts a year or two later. Heck, Dortmund is picking up Bayern scraps all over the place so far! :lol:

As for some actual transfers I picked out so far while looking around, Lewandowski was sold to Liverpool for... €15.5m! Like what? (On a positive note, for a 37 yr his stats are still looking great) Then a season later they sold Kimmich for €81m. No matter if he was unhappy or anything, that transfer is way too cheap for a player of that calibre that should still have 3 years on their contract! Oh, also did I mention that Liverpool decided to buy Kane? While having Lewandowski? Yeah, that happened. The AI then realized it plays with only 1 striker, so Kane is now natural as a CM. Kane finally fulfilling his dream position of Deep Lying Playmaker Forward! Or, as this FM universe knows him as: "The False Six".

There's also the usual classic mishandling of talent. Barcelona sold Demir to PSG for whopping €7.5m, only to buy him back 2 seasons later for €47m . Daramy is one of the biggest transfers currently, but not sold by Ajax, as they offloaded him relatively cheap while never really giving him a chance to Real Betis, where PSG then paid good money for him after he actually played some games. Meanwhile some of the transfers Ajax makes... apparently they managed to get in Cavani in the first season? Did he take a massive pay cut or was the AI fine with signing a player with twice the wage their current star player had?! :lol: Then the season after they splash on players like Gündogan and Thuram which.... Gündogan clearly a classic Ajax transfer and how Thuram decided moving to the Eredivisie would be a solid move, I don't know. Guess his stats are crap so he couldn't do any better?

Looking at the actual Bayern squad though, there's no talent at all. Which considering how much random stuff they bought is honestly astonishing. Their youngest player in the squad is 24 and he was just brought in. Same story with Ajax. Their youngest player is 23 (and moving to AZ after basically not playing at all for an entire season despite being an Ajax youth product!). Where the hell is the youth development?!

The big English clubs though, they don't care. They have the cash and hover up all the quality in the world as always. City is dominating the PL and CL, United has a massive transfer pretty much every season instead of buying 4 crappy players like Real/Bayern do, Liverpool despite having Kane and Lewandowski is barely hanging in there for the CL spots, Newcastle does Newcastle things. Arsenal is somehow still way too good and managed to be a top 4 side in the first 2 seasons, but has fallen off again with Newcastle going strong and Chelsea getting out of their dip.

Well, time to continue holidaying, wait for the real players to disappear and see how atrocious this years newgen templates are! Oh and 37yr old Lewandowski for anyone interested:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.a6282bc0c01a964058239ed9212e409b.png

Such a shame to have to read that. There are luckily ways to fix this in the editor, but it just means that long term players who care about the development of the entire game world will have to wait before they can start their real game.

Just installed everything btw, so excited to get started and very happy to read positive comments about the ME.