*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Can confirm that the potential ability not being on the player profile screen is a design choice, not a bug. 

And no, I can't explain it any further than that, so please would appreciate you not asking me to :brock: 

Fingers crossed someone will design a skin to fix this.

Will the player face be on the goal screen for the full release? Fair enough if they're working out kinks but I'd like it to get to this screenshot eventually

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/356515617316143104/897187457311838228/FBb_XVAWQAQQtw8.png

Something more convenient to look at player attributes during a match without going into a new screen would be helpful too, I am not an encyclopedia of Bayburt knowledge (yet)

Edited by Ruh Roh

5 minutes ago, BamBamBam said:

Fingers crossed someone will design a skin to fix this.

Almost guaranteed some skins will change this.

Honestly no idea why something like this isn't on the main screen anymore, just feels like adding extra clicks like someone else pointed out...

1 minute ago, Ruh Roh said:

Will the player face be on the goal screen for the full release? Fair enough if they're working out kinks but I'd like it to get to this screenshot eventually

It already is for the Bundesliga 

Just now, craigcwwe said:

Tried twice now and both times the game gets stuck when you try and access the stats via the league. 

yeh, its a pretty huge "hang" too before it comes back to life.  Im just avoiding it, theyre aware of it i think... I've uploaded a save for proof anyway

Some player profiles have it, too.   Try clicking on Cristiano Ronaldo's profile, see if it loads instant or hangs before appearing...

4 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Tried twice now and both times the game gets stuck when you try and access the stats via the league. 

2 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

yeh, its a pretty huge "hang" too before it comes back to life.  Im just avoiding it, theyre aware of it i think... I've uploaded a save for proof anyway

Some player profiles have it, too.   Try clicking on Cristiano Ronaldo's profile, see if it loads instant or hangs before appearing...

Known issue, there's a couple of threads in the UI bugs tracker already but any extra examples would be useful - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/user-interface/ 

21 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

It already is for the Bundesliga 

I noticed the font was different, which is pretty cool. But if there are custom matchday views for licensed leagues and a default for everything else, there's no reason why the default shouldn't have the goalscorer pic. I'm sure people make very weird suggestions on here but no one said "get rid of that" afaik

17 minutes ago, FrazT said:

From memory, des this not take time to show after a few games?

Game time played together, I think. Taking over a new club my CBs already have the green link because they have a long history together.

My mouse icon is not matching up with screen, I have to hover just slightly above anything I'm trying to click on. I've had this issue in the past, but was able to make changes to the resolution and fix it. Is anybody else having graphic issues like this?

5 minutes ago, Ruh Roh said:

I noticed the font was different, which is pretty cool. But if there are custom matchday views for licensed leagues and a default for everything else, there's no reason why the default shouldn't have the goalscorer pic. I'm sure people make very weird suggestions on here but no one said "get rid of that" afaik

I think it's down to licensing but very cool in Germany 

Unsure if this is a typo or just British/Football English I'm unfamiliar with (no disrespect intended!)

image.png.d93ac1bc83777d00340502481400f6f5.png

Should the first line read "...triggering the press more often" instead of "triggering the press to more often"?

Or maybe just "triggering the press to more often"?

Edited by mannyhams

31 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

Anyone else noticing "lag" when selecting certain player profiles?

Cristiano Ronaldo's profile had a significant delay before opening, compared to others, as did Fernandinho at City

Yes mate there is a lag also when your assigning scouts clicking back to the profile, i have noticed that. Saying that though the game loads quicker around 10 seconds, where as FM21 loads at about a minute. The whole game is really fast, but there is a lag on profiles. I'm using a TUF gaming laptop high end too.

3 hours ago, d879moore said:

image.thumb.png.85c01ae341012849258200783c5872c6.pngAnyone know how I fix this? Zoomed in to far and almost looks stretched. Is it the resolution as I can't change it in preferences? Any help would be great. Thanks

Having the same issue, didn't see this prior to my earlier post. Anybody have any suggestions?

Are there variations or levels planned for transfer embargos? Swindon start with a "Global Transfer Ban" in game, and can't sign anyone, even on trial. However, in reality, they can sign players on loan, and free transfers on max. one year contracts.

2 hours ago, opgen22 said:

Although I really like the uncertainty of the new transfer negations and the agent playing a bigger role (as in real life), I wonder why you just should not click on the top dialog box every time, as you get the most information? What is the reasoning behind this, does the player side expect an offer then? In every dialog with the agent, they're just getting concerned over me not being interested that much, resulting in not specifying their demands. 

I've not fully tried that out, but I'd imagine it's because, if you start doing that with too many players in the same positions, the agents might cotton on and your relationship with them might worsen.

33 minutes ago, Ruh Roh said:

there's no reason why the default shouldn't have the goalscorer pic.

Other than the majority of players in unlicensed leagues (barring some teams with separate licensing) not having licensed faces for players, and no one wants to see a silhouette every time someone scores.

25 minutes into my first match. It's worth buying for the visual improvements alone. I feel like I can understand the level of excitement on Nic's face now when he was discussing it. Important to remember that this is just the start as well. 

Edited by janrzm

What is the fix for the invisible match ball? I've tried changing the colour in preferences but it makes no difference. I'm guessing the ball is skinned so the underlying colour isn't visible. But the game is unplayable as it is.

First impressions, really enjoying it

The match animation is SO much better this year. Seeing some excellent moment and cheeky cruyff turns and the like.

Already having joy with WCB at Milan, Romagnoli providing inside options for Hernandez on the left wing, before feeding it back to Hernandez to put the crosses in. Love this!

Saw a GK spill a low powerful cross (which normally was always held in FM21 unrealistically) so that was a nice addition and I’m only just finishing up Pre Season!

There’s a lot of new interface changes which will take a bit of getting used to but not found anything too annoying yet, just different. 

Scouting seems to have had a few changes. South America now split by North and South instead of East and West. Scandinavia isn’t an option to scout (I think it must be classes as Northern Europe now?) Not sure of the reasons for these changes but it no doubt is for a more realistic representation of how scouts work when they are sent out by clubs.

Talking of scouting, the one thing that did cause me some issues was the loading screen or lag on the scout page. Where all my scouts were listed and also when addig individual scouts their assignments. It seemingly froze for 5-10 seconds on each screen, when normally every other screen loads instantly. Maybe it’s cause Milan have 19 scouts? :lol: I don’t know. But yeah, that was a tad annoying.

Other than that I’ve personally found no specific bugs, which has really surprised me. 

Can’t believe I have work tomorrow, but come 5pm I’ll be powering it back up and getting stuck into the Serie A season!