*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

You know this is the better Beta as you quote it as such :) Its standard for issues to be in beta. There are many issues under review so I'd wait for the Full Release next week

Yes, do log bugs / add extra info to existing bugs to help get them fixed

As an aside I do wonder how many people would be aware of the issues if they played the game and never read these forums ;)

They never sorted 2020.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

nothing will ever be 100%

That was the first unplayable FM. Since 17 it has been disappointing to be honest overall. Is it the lack of competition, do they need football experts in there, we can only speculate. Looking at the BETA I expect another dud but hope I am wrong.

2 minutes ago, ianmatt15 said:

That was the first unplayable FM. Since 17 it has been disappointing to be honest overall. Is it the lack of competition, do they need football experts in there, we can only speculate. Looking at the BETA I expect another dud but hope I am wrong.

20 was horrific but I thought 21 was excellent.

18 minutes ago, Metal said:

Not the first time this has happened but getting a man sent off at least for the AI, has no consequence as they still dominate possession

Or maybe you weren't good enough to exploit it

6 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Or maybe you weren't good enough to exploit it

What kind of lame reasoning is that? You may as well say git gud, that's how childish your response is.

I'm not the first player to report the issue, my tactics were fine, I increased the mentality to attack and my players are good enough, so is my system that I use since I'm unbeaten in all competitions, yet despite the red Man City were able to dominate as if they had 11 men on the pitch without having to tweak their setup at all. That's not realism that's bs

Is it just me or do players wildly overreact to broken promises?

I signed a kid 6 months before the window opened and promised to upgrade the midfield. In the next 8 months I did just that. He threw a wobbler 2 months after joining anyway and wants to leave.

There doesn't seem to be any way to say either "I did" or "I tried quite hard". You've got either letting them go or telling them to STFU. One extreme or the other.

Now I'm stuck with this assbag playing out of form for 6 months until he gets over it because I'm not selling him. He's on a 5 year deal and he's our best player.

For FM23 they need to give more specifics, like a tangible target for quality. I had another player ask for the coaching staff to be improved when I signed him. I was going to do it anyway so I agreed. We already had a pretty good staff for Ligue 2 but whatever...

I got us to 1st in every coaching category bar GK where we were 2nd. That wasn't enough, see above.

We just got promoted to Ligue 1 and have again the best coaching except for GK where we're second, so we have better coaching than PSG FFS despite essentially being equivalent to a League One side and players are still wanting to improve it during signings.

Now I just delete any promise requests. It's not worth the hassle, I'd rather miss the signing TBH.

1 hour ago, Metal said:

20211105160641_1.thumb.jpg.4cac28f6a4a55a282b51f248c0c82678.jpg

Not the first time this has happened but getting a man sent off at least for the AI, has no consequence as they still dominate possession

Why can't they? Just because they lose one man doesn't mean they can't play keep-away in that giant hole in your formation where they have an overload.

4 minutes ago, Vicente14 said:

Why can't they? Just because they lose one man doesn't mean they can't play keep-away in that giant hole in your formation where they have an overload.

As a result of the red card their full backs are exposed with no wingers to provide support against my wingers on the flank The momentum should have shifted in my favour and they should have had their backs to the wall.

2 hours ago, Metal said:

20211105160641_1.thumb.jpg.4cac28f6a4a55a282b51f248c0c82678.jpg

I see you’re getting some flak for this.  Happened to me too in an even worse situation (I was Man City against Watford). They went a man down and I still couldn’t get much of the ball. Won the game 4-0 but that obviously isn’t the point. It’s just maddening coz I switched to full game and watched their defenders passing the ball around for the better part of 45 mins in the second half. It seems like a problem with the pressing to me but I’m no developer. 
I’m glad it’s a noted issue and I hope it gets fixed - along with the problems with IFs and IWs - coz this has the potential to be better than FM21 with the other positive changes. 

56 minutes ago, odigweg said:

I see you’re getting some flak for this.  Happened to me too in an even worse situation (I was Man City against Watford). They went a man down and I still couldn’t get much of the ball. Won the game 4-0 but that obviously isn’t the point. It’s just maddening coz I switched to full game and watched their defenders passing the ball around for the better part of 45 mins in the second half. It seems like a problem with the pressing to me but I’m no developer. 
I’m glad it’s a noted issue and I hope it gets fixed - along with the problems with IFs and IWs - coz this has the potential to be better than FM21 with the other positive changes. 

There definitely does appear to be an issue with pressing. Perhaps they haven't quite figured out the balance yet, but I have felt it hasn't worked as intended at the moment. Hoping for an imminent fix 

1 hour ago, Fragnat said:

How are the regen faces getting worse? Im not even mad that's amazing. In 2021 I thought Id rather have the 2020 faces, now I'll even settle for the 2021. Technology peaked in 2017 somehow

2021 faces were much better than 2020 faces. If they fix the eyebrow issues for 22 then it's much better than 2021 imo.

After gaining promotion first season with Ipswich I was I need of a new assistant manager. Trying to get in to the spirit of the beta, rather than what I wanted as an Ipswich fan, I offered Roy Keane the job and he quickly agreed terms. This is completely unacceptable 

9 hours ago, FedAt said:

Looking at all the feedback and how many bugs reported, I think community data base update will do for me this year.

image.png.bad0d55a91bb5f84829b922d94322472.png

I wouldn't go by that number, given how often the same issue gets reported dozens of times in different threads.

Is there any way to stop the same players being recommended in your scouting updates/centre over and over again? I am in January of the first season and have had some players reports sent to me 6-7 times. I press "acknowledge", is that my error? Should I be discarding them?

5 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

I press "acknowledge", is that my error? Should I be discarding them?

Yes. Acknowledge basically just gets rid of him for that particular meeting, but he can be brought up again. If you Discard him, he will be added to the Discard List (which you can access later and remove him if you change your mind), he will  be removed from the Player Search screen and Scouts won't recommend him again.

Bonjour après avoir testé une saison le championnat belge voici mon retour concernant les règlements.

• En Belgique la règle des 5 remplacements est toujours d'application, dans le jeu les remplacements sont limité à 3.
  • Il est prévu d'intégrer dans les division inferieure les meilleurs équipe u21 a partir de la saison 2022/2023 ce qui n'est pas le cas dans le jeu.
  • Pour le reste niquel rien a dire.

Merci 

13 hours ago, ianmatt15 said:

They never sorted 2020.

FM20 had multiple and I mean multiple problems with match engine. It never resembled a game of football being number 1. Fullbacks hitting pinpoint cross field 40 yard passes to each other constantly. Strikers missing one goal after open goal. AMCs may aswell not even have been in the game they were that useless and under utilized by the ME.

There was literally zero central play except Beckenbauresque 70 yard through balls from central defenders. Which of course the striker would miss 9 out of 10 times anyway.

At least this year the games somewhat resemble football with realistic looking build up. I stopped playing FM20 in December in came out in November. I usually play FM the whole year its the first time I haven't done so.

So I think they couldn't fix Fm20 because it was such a dumpster fire to begin with.

This year has way less problems that I think they can tweak to make the ME much better.

11 hours ago, Fragnat said:

How are the regen faces getting worse? Im not even mad that's amazing. In 2021 I thought Id rather have the 2020 faces, now I'll even settle for the 2021. Technology peaked in 2017 somehow

Check out Zealand's newgan mod for faces, it's fantastic and only takes a couple of minutes each season

https://fm-base.co.uk/resources/newgan-facepack.1266/

They really need to tone down players being unhappy. Had multiple players complain they need to leave before they've even played a game. 2 weeks after they've joined yeah boss I really need to leave I've out grown the club...

Now I just joined Djurgardens as manager and before I've even had time to take charge of a match...The squad call a team meeting to say I'm out of my depth and clueless and lost the dressing room.

I haven't even unpacked my stuff yet!

13 hours ago, Vicente14 said:

Is it just me or do players wildly overreact to broken promises?

I signed a kid 6 months before the window opened and promised to upgrade the midfield. In the next 8 months I did just that. He threw a wobbler 2 months after joining anyway and wants to leave.

There doesn't seem to be any way to say either "I did" or "I tried quite hard". You've got either letting them go or telling them to STFU. One extreme or the other.

Now I'm stuck with this assbag playing out of form for 6 months until he gets over it because I'm not selling him. He's on a 5 year deal and he's our best player.

For FM23 they need to give more specifics, like a tangible target for quality. I had another player ask for the coaching staff to be improved when I signed him. I was going to do it anyway so I agreed. We already had a pretty good staff for Ligue 2 but whatever...

I got us to 1st in every coaching category bar GK where we were 2nd. That wasn't enough, see above.

We just got promoted to Ligue 1 and have again the best coaching except for GK where we're second, so we have better coaching than PSG FFS despite essentially being equivalent to a League One side and players are still wanting to improve it during signings.

Now I just delete any promise requests. It's not worth the hassle, I'd rather miss the signing TBH.

I agree with all of this. I'm at a point now where I refuse all promises, my way or the highway, son. 

14 hours ago, Metal said:

As a result of the red card their full backs are exposed with no wingers to provide support against my wingers on the flank The momentum should have shifted in my favour and they should have had their backs to the wall.

If you watch the game in full, you will realize that the ball basically only circulates between their CBs and DM, they never do anything useful with it. Tbh I find it annoying as well, since there are often teams around whom do this even with 11 men and if you play a regular formation there is almost no way to stop this, or at least I haven't found one. Maybe Bielsa's full field man marking might offer a solution, but I really don't feel like changing my entire tactic if my opponents happen to go a man down.

14 minutes ago, frokost said:

Pressing "continue" in the top right corner often takes you to the social feed or leagues around the world, instead of the inbox. Haven't found a setting to change this, but it's annoying and adds more unnessecary clicks.

Head into preferences, search for "Screen flow" and untick the "Visit News Screen Automatically", and this won't happen anymore.

Again, this transfer value range is an utter waste of time - Transfer window in 2nd season, sort by value =

Richarlison 266m to 330m transfer value range

Alisson 270m to 324m range

Emerson Royal 154m to 170M range

Mendy (GK) 190m to 222m range

It adds nothing to the game other than confusion and extra clicks just to get the info we had before.

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

Don't think it's a bug, but I just told Mbappe he's getting rested, but in the team selection advice mail you get before a game Mbappe is there being recommended, even though he's being rested.

1 hour ago, frokost said:

Players would rather hoof the ball back to the keeper from the final third of the field than trying to dribble/ beat their man. A striker meeting the last defender would rather stop, turn around and pass back to defence than trying to beat him and be 1v1 with the keeper. This isn't always the case of course, but it feels like players are way too wary of going head to head with opposition players, even if you turn on "dribble more", give them a role with "take more risks" and they have traits like "tries tricks".

Good complete feedback. But had to comment on this small detail. "Tries tricks" & "take more risks" aren't nearly the most effective methods to get a player to go dribbling hard at the opponent. Try the PPM, "Runs with ball often" to do just that. 

1 hour ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Again, this transfer value range is an utter waste of time - Transfer window in 2nd season, sort by value =

It adds nothing to the game other than confusion and extra clicks just to get the info we had before.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why are these ranges so bad? 40-50M range for a player worth hundreds of millions isn't that much, surely. It certainly seems much easier to judge the actual asking price off these values than previously, when you would have a player valued at 80K and his club would ask for 100M when you approached. You basically had to make an offer to find out what their range is, whereas now you see it immediately, no?

23 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but why are these ranges so bad? 40-50M range for a player worth hundreds of millions isn't that much, surely. It certainly seems much easier to judge the actual asking price off these values than previously, when you would have a player valued at 80K and his club would ask for 100M when you approached. You basically had to make an offer to find out what their range is, whereas now you see it immediately, no?

Yea the old way was confusing and the reason for the change. Im convinced that people just aren't used to the change yet.

It's not the change that is riling people up. It's that people don't know what the values are based off of. Are you guaranteed to get your offer accepted if you are willing to pay any price in the range? If not, then the range is pointless.

31 minutes ago, WizbaII said:

It's not the change that is riling people up. It's that people don't know what the values are based off of. Are you guaranteed to get your offer accepted if you are willing to pay any price in the range? If not, then the range is pointless.

Its based on market value. Apps, performance, etc. If the AI wanted a specific price then they will set it, just as you can.

If you want to know the range that a team is looking for potentially, you ask the agent or just make an enquiry about the player. Its not suppose to work like "If I hit the sweet spot in this range, they will accept it". That's gamey and it doesn't work like that in the real world

3 hours ago, samuelawachie said:

Good complete feedback. But had to comment on this small detail. "Tries tricks" & "take more risks" aren't nearly the most effective methods to get a player to go dribbling hard at the opponent. Try the PPM, "Runs with ball often" to do just that. 

Thanks for the tip :)

4 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

This is a big improvement for me, those ranges are reasonable. 

9 minutes ago, Platinum said:

This is a big improvement for me, those ranges are reasonable. 

Richarlison being the most expensive player in the game 1 season in with a value of at bare minimum 266m is *reasonable* ?

6 Keepers in the EPL have values higher than the current highest ever transfer fee.

t's not reasonable, in any way.

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

2 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Its based on market value. Apps, performance, etc. If the AI wanted a specific price then they will set it, just as you can.

If you want to know the range that a team is looking for potentially, you ask the agent or just make an enquiry about the player. Its not suppose to work like "If I hit the sweet spot in this range, they will accept it". That's gamey and it doesn't work like that in the real world

What you call "gamey" I call "expecting something you have been told is true, to actually be true."